BR Main Site Feedback

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Vril
BRFite

Re: BR Main Site Feedback

Post by Vril »

Hi BRAdmins

why am i not able to log in to the forum section from my home? i thought there was some problem with the website but tried using a proxy and it worked like a charm. this has been happening since last 3 days. i can view the main page but the link to forums doesnt work.

help needed
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Vril wrote:Hi BRAdmins

why am i not able to log in to the forum section from my home? i thought there was some problem with the website but tried using a proxy and it worked like a charm. this has been happening since last 3 days. i can view the main page but the link to forums doesnt work.

help needed
You probably had some naughty neighbours who tried to 'get' us and got an IP ban.
manish.rastogi
BRFite

Post by manish.rastogi »

This i want to say to one and all....admins please move to the appropriate thread if this isnt....what i want to say is here on BR...we keep discussing about various things..,bt we are not doing some concrete work....what i mean is other than increasing people's knowledge we are doing absouletely nothing....i guess we could act as a think tank....i know it requires time bt even now we are spending time here....i say that we should prepare reports and papers about different topics(lets begin with a few)and submit it to respective ministeries....i guess this could be done.....
anirban_aim
BRFite

Post by anirban_aim »

Mods/Admins,

In the Indian Army History section, while some information has been provided about CI ops in Kashmir, viz articles on Sarp Vinah, CI ops history, History of RR, Crocodiles of Wullar etc,

But little or no information is there on CI ops in the NE. May be we can have a small one page section dedicated to this as well. I know that information might be hard to come by and most imp operations were conducted before Internet and the media boom, but at least a brief mention of Naga CI Ops, Op Bajrang & Op Rhino might be useful.

Even the official Army website makes a mention of these ops.

Posting a few urls which were thrown up by a very basic Google search. Can this be a starting point?

http://origin.news.rediff.com/news/oct/13assam3.htm

http://www.indianetzone.com/8/lt.gen_ajai_singh.htm

http://www.satp.org/satporgtp/sair/Archives/2_23.htm

http://indianarmy.nic.in/Site/FormTempl ... CElpJWE74=

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Lib ... nt_of_Asom

Book Reference: - Low Intensity Conflicts in India
Hiten
BRFite

Post by Hiten »

BR's webmasters may want to re-evaluate the practice of making available news sourced from other websites under the BR URL

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/NEWS/news ... wsid=13809

IMO opinion the earlier practice of also showing the original URL at the top of the page was better. The fact that their news circulating under BR URL means they stand to lose out on back links for their article, may prompt some of these news sources to take action against this practise

Would hate to see BR being troubled because of this
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Webmasters,

Links under the section Coast Guard Fleet and subsections “Class of Vessel” and “Vessel Type” are all dead.

The dead links I have mentioned appear on this page:

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/NAVY/Coast-Guard.html

Kindly Fix.
Vasu
BRFite

Post by Vasu »

BR Admins, may this has been asked, and answered, before, but can an RSS feed be created of the News site?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

caesar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by caesar »

Earlier on the site the different forces had a senior officers list with their date of commissioning and their date of birth ,this is now not available.Seniors officers keep changing and one doese'nt know who commands what.I propose that u add the list again.

rgds
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

"27 years, 3000% cost hike later, Tejas takes off"

A headline like this has no place on BR. I request the admins to please remove it from the news feed on the main page.
Raghavendra
BRFite

Post by Raghavendra »

^+1 Bharat Rakshak should avoid providing web traffic to duffer reporter rajat pandit
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

CROSS POST
This flattr.com thing is very very interesting. Admins please find a way to put a flattr button next to some threads..........BENIS dgaga will be star IMHO. :mrgreen:
http://flattr.com/
So when we say "my 2 cents"..............we can literally put 2 cents
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

^^
Perhaps this may be of some help?
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/LAND-FORC ... ullar.html
But yes, I have never come across a Marcos page myself.
tsarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by tsarkar »

The Navy ship pages need cleanup and updates on the sonars
HUMSA NG - MDL 10 orders for Project 17, Project 15A and Project 15B. In addition, for 3 Teg frigates in Russia & 4 Project 28
HUMSA - 14 delivered for 3 Talwar, 3 Type 15, 3 Type 16A, 3 Type 16 & 2 upgraded Type 61ME

The publicly released information that can be referred is here - http://www.drdo.gov.in/drdo/English/dpi ... Oct_08.pdf and http://www.drdo.gov.in/drdo/English/dpi ... -01-09.pdf
Aaryan
BRFite

Post by Aaryan »

Sir i started a new thread last night, is that thread deleletd??
Raghavendra
BRFite

Post by Raghavendra »

^
http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 5#p1024705
ramana wrote:Aaryan,
First of wrong forum. Such topics are in Strat forum. Second of all there is a thread already called West Asian News and discussion thread. So Please put your query there.
Thanks, ramana

PS: Opening such threads in wrong locations invites a frenzy of IB4TL.
Aaryan
BRFite

Post by Aaryan »

Sir may i ask what is IB4TL
Raghavendra
BRFite

Post by Raghavendra »

^In Before Thread Lock
JTull
BRF Oldie

Post by JTull »

Guys, I can't connect to BR main site (and News admin section) but can connect to BRF from my computer. Tried with Chrome and IE and same result. I know it is not a firewall problem as firewall doesn't block specific websites but the exe's. I've tried clearing cache. Any ideas?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

JTull wrote:Guys, I can't connect to BR main site (and News admin section) but can connect to BRF from my computer. Tried with Chrome and IE and same result. I know it is not a firewall problem as firewall doesn't block specific websites but the exe's. I've tried clearing cache. Any ideas?
Yes. And this is a formal complaint from me. I need to upload more photos onto the gallery and I cannot access the main site or gallery. Perhaps the server is overloaded. Or Cheenis are trying some funny business as they do from time to time.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Server gets whacked periodically during every aero india due to huge load on the image galleries . Hope it recovers.

Jagan
JTull
BRF Oldie

Post by JTull »

Everything is up and running now. But, what I found interesting is that BR main site was inaccessible thru some broadband providers and reachable thru others.
Sumit
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sumit »

Rahul M wrote: if you think you can contribute, write down an article, send it to the editor for peer review and if it is accepted you will find your name among the hallowed list of authors ! :D
Hi Rahul, I have complied couple of articles; one on Origin of Cavalry in India & another is a brief history of PBG. I sent an email to webmaster about 4 days ago but did not recieve any reply. Can you gimme email address of the editors, so that I can send my write-ups to them to review.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Sumit, Sorry for the tardy reply. I got your email via Big Boss, but missed out replying on it. I will email you shortly and you can send them to me.

regards

jagan
pragnya
BRFite

Post by pragnya »

i don't know if this is the right forum to ask this. i checked the FAQ too but did not see the answer. my question is 'how to multi quote' to reply??

TIA.
ks_sachin
BRF Oldie

Post by ks_sachin »

The senior offrs list in IA section needs updating
Also in the INF regts section for the Dogras the link to Gen Vij does not work.
Opens up the same page

cheers
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

I searched for main Indian air force thread for news and discussion just like main Indian army and India navy threads.
I could not find it despite searching in military issue and thread forum.
I wanted to post the article relating to our Former IAF Chief La Fontaine Passes Away
RIP. salute to you sir.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Can the Sahastra seema bal be corrected to Sashastra Seema Bal
Sayak
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sayak »

deleted.
Last edited by Rahul M on 11 Apr 2011 04:11, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: does this look like the pakistan thread to you ?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Gagan has such a fine series of analyses of satellite photos over Pakistan. Why not dedicate some BR server space for him to put that up? BR has not really put up anything new and unique since the missile pages were taken down.
Shrinivasan
BRF Oldie

Post by Shrinivasan »

BR Admins,
Can someone change my handle to something closer to my name Shrini / Shrinivasan. Cheenu is my petname. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by SSridhar on 28 Jun 2011 16:37, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Done & mail sent to user.
K_Rohit
BRFite

Post by K_Rohit »

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/NAVY/Ship ... ct-17.html

The Shivalik page needs to be updated. Paging Arun.

Also, no pictures?
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Hi Mods,

Where is the first "Osama Bin Laden killed in Islamabad" thread... the one that was halaaled after 72pgs? Was it trashed or was it archived somewhere? Some insights from the early hours after the mission would be useful to revisit as things unfold.
Raghavendra
BRFite

Post by Raghavendra »

Rudradev wrote:Hi Mods,

Where is the first "Osama Bin Laden killed in Islamabad" thread... the one that was halaaled after 72pgs? Was it trashed or was it archived somewhere? Some insights from the early hours after the mission would be useful to revisit as things unfold.
http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... f=1&t=5911
pragnya
BRFite

Post by pragnya »

to the concerned admin/mods -

the following link (Last Updated on Tuesday, 01 March 2011 23:46) shows the existing number of AN 32s as 104 while most open source info put it at 105.

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/IAF/Units ... Fleet.html

this link from Jagan sir's 'warbirds of india' speaks of 8 crashes. and i happened to come across this which speaks of 12 crashes/damages.

can the BR page be updated if need be??

also this gives the crashes of all types of aircrafts and has lots of details including pictures.

hope these help in updation.
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

BRAdmins,
I was going through the IAF history section of the BR IAF website. In the IPKF sub section the operations are listed in Chapters, Chapter 1-5. There Chapter 4 of the operation is missing.
Could you guys look into it.
Thanks.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Bala Vignesh wrote:BRAdmins,
I was going through the IAF history section of the BR IAF website. In the IPKF sub section the operations are listed in Chapters, Chapter 1-5. There Chapter 4 of the operation is missing.
Could you guys look into it.
Thanks.
Chap 4 has not been written yet. Its just a place holder for the Air Actions that took part after the Helidrop and that does not involve the Mi-25s.
Shrinivasan
BRF Oldie

Post by Shrinivasan »

Gentlemen,
BR Forum is having so many health discussions, will huge following but of late the BR main site is stagnating... many sites with outdated info... many links not working... pages not rendering properly etc... We should focus on the site and get it updated... I can help...
Shrinivasan
BRF Oldie

Post by Shrinivasan »

funny these have not been fixed even after a year?
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Jagan wrote: Chap 4 has not been written yet. Its just a place holder for the Air Actions that took part after the Helidrop and that does not involve the Mi-25s.
Thanks for the clarification, Jagan Sir.