Terror Attacks in Mumbai

vishal
BRFite

Re: Terror Attacks in Mumbai

Post by vishal »

Times Now

Nariman House area is awash with uniforms showing commando daggers.
Officers is camo fatigues being briefed by a man in black fatigues who has come out of the lane leading to Nariman House
Maj. Gen. Hooda enters lane leading to Nariman House.
Shivani
BRFite

Post by Shivani »

sunilUpa wrote:A bolt action rifle jammed?
Could be an ammunition or magazine related malfunction from all we know. That can disable any firearm.

It is inexplicable why the chief of ATS has to use such outdated weapon and go fight from the front. He shouldn't have to play the hero at all.

His job ought to be 'the brain' and co-ordinate teams armed with modern automatic rifles*, ammunition**, and protective gear***.

* Imported.
** Imported.
*** Imported.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

its quite likely atleast one guy checked into the trident too, with
big suitcases of ammo, radios, BPJs and grenades. looks like such hotels have to install airport style scanners now.

the girlie boy terrorist himself had three bags hanging off his body,
and this was in CST, the squad in taj/oberoi/colaba are likely much
better supplied logistically.

for all we know, 5 people could have pre-checked into each hotel,
dumped the suitcases, SMSed the room#s and walked out minutes
before the attack. this is what local sympathizers are for. or some
could have joined up and made the squad stronger.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Indian forces given anti-tank missiles at the Taj says Debka.

http://www.debka.com/

Mumbai Terror Attack Updates Day 2

November 27, 2008, 2:04 PM (GMT+02:00)

- Indian forces poised to storm two hotels and Chabad center where terrorists are holding hostages, including Israelis.

- Israel-India flights continue on schedule. One carried a group of Israeli doctors for Mumbai.

- The Islamist terrorists attacking Mumbai for the second day came from outside the country.

- Indian security sources report many Israeli hostages in the Oberoi Hotel, which the terrorists still control amid sustained gunfire in the lobby.

- Heavy battles resume in the Taj Palace Hotel.

- Indian naval troops board the MV Alpha freighter suspected of having sailed the terrorists to Mumbai's shore from Karachi, Pakistan.

- Anti-tanks missiles handed out to Indian commando force battling terrorists at Taj Palace hotel.

- Indian general: Four or five terrorists inside Chabad Center.

- Islamist shooting attacks and blasts spread to southern Mumbai away from the hotel district ---

- Terrorists hurl grenades at Indian forces surrounding Chabad Center and the Oberoi hotel.

- Fighting flares up anew in the Taj Palace Hotel said to have been cleared Thursday. Some hostages escaped and many bodies were found in guests' rooms.

- Terrorists are still holed up at the Oberoi Hotel and Chabad Center with hostages, including Israelis, under police-commando siege.

- A loud explosion at the Oberoi Hotel as some of the hundreds of hostages escape.

- A woman and child held at Chabad center came out of the building.

- The Mumbai stock exchange stays shut.

- Police sappers defuse bombs containing RDX strewn across the town.

- International airlines cancel flights to the beleaguered Indian town.

-The terrorists wear elite military unit uniforms. Each has an automatic rifle, grenades and military-style kit.

PS:One hopes that Israeli anti-terror teams are also on a flight into India to assist our forces.
amdavadi
BRFite

Post by amdavadi »

I have a question. Anyone suspects zardari came few days ago & said pakis wouldn't use nukes first? I think, he knew something big was about to go down..Wht about biden said, few days before the election where he said. obama will be tested less then 60 days?

We need to kill cancer call pakis otherwise it will take the rest of the world down along with itself.
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

@^^

sounds very likely given that the marcos found credit cards apart from ammunition in the bags they siezed.. additional support seems very plausible.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

yep if they want to send some officers in consulting role that would be ok I guess. its alright to pull in specialized help from friends if it saves lives.
milindc
BRFite

Post by milindc »

Philip wrote:Indian forces given anti-tank missiles at the Taj says Debka.

PS:One hopes that Israeli anti-terror teams are also on a flight into India to assist our forces.
No, we don't need any external help....
The NSG & Marcos are doing an excellent job..
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

^^^Mr.Vishal, please stop giving minute to minute details of operation.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

carl gustav rifles have been sent in. the large plastic rounds were same
as in this pic.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... tav_RR.jpg

I am sure Shipons are also issued being in same LAW (light anti-armour category) category

there is no question of using Milans, whose minimum safe range is 50m.
rgsrini
BRFite

Post by rgsrini »

I don't believe getting external help somehow indicates that our forces are inferior. Getting external help especially related to information is normal in such operations.

The external players will be useless in case of tactics and strategies, without completely taking over the entire operations as they need a trained and coordinated unit to carry out any plan they suggest.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

The sad thing (worse than the current carnage) is that the impotence of the "Asian power" will be in full view to the world when MMS/netas will bleat a few words asking for joint Indo-Pak action and all will be forgotten within a week... :(

What a condition we have brought on ourself by repeated inaction and weak kneed "leaders". Truly heart-breaking...
bart
BRFite

Post by bart »

p_saggu wrote:The cops have got at least half a dozen terrorists in custody by now.

Somewhere there are intelligence officers with a glint in their eyes, putting on gloves for a rough PR Examination of these guys. :rotfl:
I dont think so...most of those are locals picked up f or questioning.

There is only one known terrorist in custody.
Mathew G
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Mathew G »

Just a curious thought - Are these terrorists (some of whom barely out of their teens) hypnotized? It is not uncommon among terrorist circles or far fetched as one would think.

Another great chapter learnt by Mujahedeen from the CIA training against the Soviet Afghan invasion for getting new recruits.
rgsrini
BRFite

Post by rgsrini »

Sum,
Please don't start the bleeting, flailing and use less rants for now. I assure you that there will be plenty of pages dedicated in BR for that well after the operations are over.
bart
BRFite

Post by bart »

Singha wrote:its quite likely atleast one guy checked into the trident too, with
big suitcases of ammo, radios, BPJs and grenades. looks like such hotels have to install airport style scanners now.

the girlie boy terrorist himself had three bags hanging off his body,
and this was in CST, the squad in taj/oberoi/colaba are likely much
better supplied logistically.

for all we know, 5 people could have pre-checked into each hotel,
dumped the suitcases, SMSed the room#s and walked out minutes
before the attack. this is what local sympathizers are for. or some
could have joined up and made the squad stronger.
Mariott Courtyard in Chennai has been screening ALL vehicles with bomb detectors and sniffer dogs for the past one and half years. Just last week my colleague was mocking them for their 'overacting'. :shock:
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

in other news:bbc:

A suspected suicide bomber has struck close to the entrance to the US embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan, witnesses and police say.

At least one person, reportedly a civilian, was killed, although one police official said more had died.

Reports said the bomber detonated explosives about 200m from the heavily guarded entrance to the US compound.

Security in Afghanistan has become a key concern as the country faces an increasingly strong Taleban insurgency.

Kabul's police chief, Mohammad Ayoub Salangi, said one person had been killed and six injured.

However, the city's head of criminal investigations told reporters that four had died in the bombing.

The Associated Press said the US embassy was hosting a Thanksgiving Day event, and Americans and others foreigners were entering the compound at the time of the explosion.
milindc
BRFite

Post by milindc »

rgsrini wrote:
I don't believe getting external help somehow indicates that our forces are inferior. Getting external help especially related to information is normal in such operations.

The external players will be useless in case of tactics and strategies, without completely taking over the entire operations as they need a trained and coordinated unit to carry out any plan they suggest.
Info help is OK. Philip mentioned about Israeli anti-terror teams. I assumed them to be equivalent of NSG. Imagine the message it will convey when our DDM run with the story.
In this hour, our populace need to know that our forces are capable of handling this situation.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Are there any pics of the MARCOS in action?

Lots of pics of the NSG floating around.
Eshwar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Eshwar »

rgsrini,

do you want members to take your permission and quality assurance before they post? you seem to be the all knowing one
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

MMS never comes across as a confident guy in TV. today was his worst performance so far. like a sedated guy reading a paper under duress.

either they shape up and learn how to give the right message or find
someone who can.

the public is not going to be at all reassured with such weak visuals.
rgsrini
BRFite

Post by rgsrini »

Eshwar,
Am I that explicit in communicating that I am a know-it-all. Which post gave it out...I didn't want that to come out for another half an hour.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Singha wrote:MMS never comes across as a confident guy in TV. today was his worst performance so far. like a sedated guy reading a paper under duress.

either they shape up and learn how to give the right message or find
someone who can.

the public is not going to be at all reassured with such weak visuals.
What exactly did he bleat? Doesnt seem to be much coverage of his speech in the news...
Sum,
Please don't start the bleeting, flailing and use less rants for now. I assure you that there will be plenty of pages dedicated in BR for that well after the operations are over.
Ok,sir...will bide my time till official mourning season on BR begins.
Last edited by sum on 27 Nov 2008 19:08, edited 1 time in total.
Duangkomon
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Duangkomon »

My heart goes out to the NSGs, SFs and IA who have to battle it out to the end. This will not be forgotten nor forgiven. I feel like blasting to kingdom come the first Paki or BD I find.
I hope this brings positive change to all the law enforcement institutions and mode of operations.
The lack of crisis management is unforgivable. Less said about the incompetent Indian media the better. Why do Indians have to suffer these fools?? Someone please tell me. Are all the journos coming up cut of the same cloth??
anirbanbanerjee
BRFite -Trainee

Post by anirbanbanerjee »

Pls donot crucify me but couldn't stop making this comment.

Where is Lalu and Mulayam and the marxists now? Weren't they the same people who wanted to lift the ban on SIMI? High time to catch them and send them inside.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Are there any pics of the MARCOS in action?

only around 20 of them were there between 3 places. maybe one fleeting glimpse of a guy @ taj this morning but no more. seemed to be carrying
a black rifle with a silencer. there is no need to show them. as a vympel
type unit, they should be kept out of news. same for para SF units now
onsite.

I noticed some of the NSG were wearing black masks but some were not.
imho as a policy they should wear masks to protect ids. who knows their
native place could be right next to a jihadi hangout and the locals recognize face on TV.
milindc
BRFite

Post by milindc »

Rahul Bose and Chetan Idiot are today's WKK-in-chiefs on CNBC TV18.
We can't prevent attacks, but after attack we need to make sure that our liberties are not impeached.
I give up. I thought, at least today every Indian will stand up and scream revenge.
With these Bollywood idiots, its let bend down and enjoy.

Definitely no more Rahul Bose movies for me.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

he's a oversmart guy whos always into HR issues and plays rugby to show
he's oh so superior to us cricket loving hoi polloi. a closet sympathizer for the wrong causes probably. and I hate his movies from day1.

atleast Barkha has been stretchered out and a new fresh guy put onsite.
she needs a bottle and a man tonight urgently to come back to mother earth and be whole again.
Last edited by Singha on 27 Nov 2008 19:14, edited 1 time in total.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

We can't prevent attacks, but after attack we need to make sure that our liberties are not impeached.
WTF is wrong with our "elites"?
Even a attack on their 5-star hangouts doesnt make them see the light? :-?

Btw, who is Chetan "Idiot"?
Manny
BRFite

Post by Manny »

Duangkomon wrote:My heart goes out to the NSGs, SFs and IA who have to battle it out to the end. This will not be forgotten nor forgiven. I feel like blasting to kingdom come the first Paki or BD I find.
I hope this brings positive change to all the law enforcement institutions and mode of operations.
The lack of crisis management is unforgivable. Less said about the incompetent Indian media the better. Why do Indians have to suffer these fools?? Someone please tell me. Are all the journos coming up cut of the same cloth??

While this operation is going on... India's internal enemies who give these blokes cover like Arundhathi Roy's need to be watched. Don't let these folks out of your sight...the moment they open their mouth giving support to these blokes...shut them up!
Last edited by Manny on 27 Nov 2008 19:16, edited 1 time in total.
Sagar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sagar »

India - Welcome to the big League!

If you thought India could gain membership into the G3 and other big offices without being tested, think again!

The round the clock TV coverage (using local mumbai Feeds)in the US, and presumably the rest of the world, shows to me that India has arrived. Celebrities have always known this- publicity (bad or good) is better than no publicity.

Now how India reacts, and solves this issue, will determine if it will command the respect it demands.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

barring a few well known patriots, a good chuck of bollywood is in cahoots with criminals for funding. remeber the days of nari hira and bombino videos in 1980s.

they are they last people you'd expect to speak against terrorists. shows
in karachi or dubai could suffer.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Friendly neighbours with their "advice"
Pakistan moots intelligence hotline
New Delhi/Chandigarh, IANS:
Pakistan, however, warned against making insinuations against each other in case of terror attacks and underlined the need for a cautious approach towards tackling the common scourge.

Expressing “shock and horror” at the terror attacks in Mumbai, Pakistan Thursday called for strengthening the joint anti-terror mechanism with India and offered to set up a hotline between intelligence chiefs of the two countries.

Pakistan, however, warned against “making insinuations against each other” in case of terror attacks and underlined the need for a cautious approach towards tackling the common scourge.

“I was shocked and horrified to hear about the barbaric incident that took place last night in Mumbai. I condemn this tragic incident in the strongest possible terms,” Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi, who is here on a four-day visit, said here.

Recalling his talks with External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee Wednesday, he suggested that both India and Pakistan strengthen the joint anti-terror mechanism to combat terrorism.

“I pointed out that both Pakistan and India are victims of terrorism and will have to further strengthen the joint anti terror mechanism to deal with this scourge,” he said in a statement here hours after multiple blasts in Mumbai that killed over 100 and left several others injured.

“I also offered that there should be a direct contact and hotline established between the intelligence chiefs of the two countries, so that they can share information and cooperate with each other in a more effective manner,” he said.

In his talks with Qureshi, Mukherjee Wednesday had also underlined the need for a result-oriented approach towards tackling terrorism and called for strengthening the anti-terror mechanism.

Condemning the blasts in “unequivocal terms,” Qureshi Thursday underlined the need to respond to terrorism in “a very measured, composed and determined manner.”

“Pakistan offers complete support and cooperation to deal with this menace. We have to collectively fight extremism and terrorism in all its forms and manifestations,” he underlined.

Alluding to the deadly terror strike at Marriott Hotel in Islamabad in September, Qureshi said: “We, in Pakistan, are dealing with terrorism on daily basis. People of India know that we suffered similar attack in Islamabad at the Marriott Hotel recently.”

“So we understand their concern, anxiety and the shock and horror this attack has generated all over India,” he added.

Calling terrorism “a global phenomena,” he exhorted all civilized societies will have “to join hands and pool in their resources to deal with this menace.”

India had blamed Pakistan-based terrorists for the deadly bomb attacks on commuter trains in Mumbai two years ago and offered to produce evidence to support the charge. The suspicion over Pakistan's links to the Mumbai blasts froze the peace process for a few months and led to the setting up of a joint anti-terror mechanism in September 2006.

Preliminary investigations into the Nov 26, 2008 bombings are going on. This time round, India has not pointed a finger at foreign agency or operatives so far.

India and Pakistan held a special meeting of the joint anti-terror mechanism to address issues relating to the bombing of the July 7 Indian mission in Kabul in which New Delhi says it sees the hand of Pakistan's spy agency ISI. Islamabad has hotly denied the charge.

Qureshi traveled to Chandigarh Thursday to participate at an international conference on “Cooperative Development, Peace and Security in South Asia.” Qureshi warned against making insinuations against each other and underlined the need for a cautious approach towards tackling the common scourge.

"Today you are victims. We are victims of terrorism on a daily basis. We must cooperate at this time instead of making insinuations against each other," Qureshi said in Chandigarh.

"It's a very sad incident but lets not jump to conclusions and cut a sorry figure. Let's show maturity. We will cooperate, I can assure you," he added.

Referring to the Samjhauta blast of Feb 2007 he said: "The Samjhauta incident very clearly indicates that we have to be cautious. Our expressions and our insinuations have to be measured. Pakistan wants to cooperate. We have to face the common enemy in terrorism and it is a global challenge."

Asked what he thought of Pakistan being blamed for the Mumbai attacks he said: "I have not heard anyone make any such remarks."

Talking about the boat on which the terrorist allegedly came from Karachi, Quershi said: “Have you seen the boat? Could you travel on that boat from Karachi? Media should be supportive and understanding. It's to early to say anything."
I wont be surprised if our netas actually start implementing all the suggestions in right earnest... :roll:
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

Milind,
You should know your Rahul Bose. His Brother in law Tarique Ansari is MD of Mid day, having read many of his columns I can say the guy is an out and out Jihadi. Rahul Bose is a member of SHAJA and other cr** organization. He has already sold his sister and his loyality to the other side. I am not suprised!!
Abhi_G
BRFite

Post by Abhi_G »

Newsx was/is doing fine except it did honours by giving Madani air time as minority representative. The guy looks and dresses like Osama. Madani said it is an attack on Islam.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

MMS never comes across as a confident guy in TV. today was his worst performance so far. like a sedated guy reading a paper under duress.
That is very easy to explain.

MMS is an intellectual and a perfect fit (perhaps) for the Finance Ministry. A great guy. But, NOT a politician for sure and not a leader either. He is in the wrong spot at the wrong time. (But, then, who else is there in India? Seriously.)
John Snow
BRFite

Post by John Snow »

Just back (twelve hours , SHQ informed me about the attacks at airport in US, while in London lay over nothing was reported )in US after 31 days of vacation in desh mostly south.

first the ritualistic condolences, will file my understanding why this will go on..
lakshmikanth
BRFite

Post by lakshmikanth »

sum wrote:
WTF is wrong with our "elites"?
Even a attack on their 5-star hangouts doesnt make them see the light? :-?

Btw, who is Chetan "Idiot"?
Its probably an extreme case of "It-wont-happen-to-me" syndrome... which most of the Indian-Elite suffer from, and is the face of true evil. If his mom/sis/father died in it, we would see a totally different face.
Mathew G
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Mathew G »

Sagar wrote:India - Welcome to the big League!

If you thought India could gain membership into the G3 and other big offices without being tested, think again!

The round the clock TV coverage (using local mumbai Feeds)in the US, and presumably the rest of the world, shows to me that India has arrived. Celebrities have always known this- publicity (bad or good) is better than no publicity.

Now how India reacts, and solves this issue, will determine if it will command the respect it demands.
Yes. Unfortunately MMS suggesting to "take up" the issue with "neighbouring bhai contree" doesn't sound very encouraging. More like a spineless nincompoop, than a leader of a 1 billion strong country.
Last edited by Mathew G on 27 Nov 2008 19:25, edited 1 time in total.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

I am sorry, MMS might be intellectual but he is a maculite, between India and West he will choose west over India any day. He should have joined his two daughters (only two offsprings) in US, who are US citizen, married to white americans. He had plans to migrate to Canada after retirement, he should do that and increase the average nationalism of both countries.
Last edited by fanne on 27 Nov 2008 19:26, edited 1 time in total.