Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): May 21, 2010

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): May 21, 20

Post by abhishek_sharma »

Evidence mounts that Pakistani major spoke to Times Square suspect

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld ... rint.story
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Where was Faisal Shahzad?

As the Los Angeles Times reports that failed Times Square bomber Faisal Shahzad met Omar Khalid, the chief of the Pakistani Taliban in Mohmand, one of Pakistan's tribal regions, journalist Raza Khan profiles the militant chief and his faction.

http://afpak.foreignpolicy.com/posts/20 ... al_shahzad
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

MurthyB wrote:The article may be sensible, but the site it is posted on is anything but sensible. There are a couple of cretinous WKKs resident there
It is when we start cleaning out these cretins that we do a Pakistan on ourselves. You can judge that you are pushing the right buttons when you get an angry or sarcastic reaction from the said cretins.

yenjaaay maadi! 8)
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

No certainty talks will succeed, says Singh
NEW DELHI: Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said on Monday he would make every effort to improve ties with Pakistan but he also cautioned that there was no certainty his bid would be successful. r Singh, who was addressing a press conference to mark the beginning of his seventh year in power, was asked why he believed he would succeed in bridging a yawning trust deficit with Pakistan. He replied: “Well, I can’t say that I know the answer. It is our obligation to make every effort to normalise relations with India’s neighbours. That is essential, I have always believed, to realise development potential of our country. We will make every effort; whether we succeed or not, that only the future can tell.”
http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/daw ... -singh-550
Airavat
BRF Oldie

Post by Airavat »

Pakistan blockage spree

Last week, approximately 450 social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube were blocked in the Middle Eastern country of Pakistan. Today, we’re learning that the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority [PTA] has also decided to ban all BlackBerry services such as data [BIS, BES], email, and BBM in the country “until further notice.”

.....but gambling sites are okay:

Internet firm in Pakistan titled Eskay SEO, has been named in a trademark infringement action filed in the Nevada District Court this week by Vegas gambling giant Pinnacle Entertainment.
Last edited by Airavat on 25 May 2010 08:52, edited 1 time in total.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Airavat wrote:Pakistan blockage spree

Last week, approximately 450 social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube were blocked in the Middle Eastern country of Pakistan. Today, we’re learning that the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority [PTA] has also decided to ban all BlackBerry services such as data [BIS, BES], email, and BBM in the country “until further notice.”
I see some storm is in the making. Danish Cartoons seems to be a bahana. Purge!!! Purge!!!
Carl_T
BRF Oldie

Post by Carl_T »

Facebook is owned by a j00, therefore quite likely a Mossad conspiracy. 8)
Airavat
BRF Oldie

Post by Airavat »

They should block access to the Internet, in one stroke solve all problems. But that would also block access to p0rn sites, which provides the jehadis an earthly preview of paradise.

Motives behind Pakistan's Internet bans

It all started with the Lahore High Court asking the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority, the internet watchdog in Pakistan, to impose a ban on Facebook. PTA did not just block Facebook but also axed access to YouTube, Flickr, Wikipedia and other video and photo sharing websites. They cited the 'obscene' and 'sacrilegious' materials available on these portals as the reason behind their banning. Google was blocked for several hours and many WordPress and TypePad blogs are banned along with Blogspot.com links.

Interestingly, Pakistani courts have no objections to the proliferation of ***** websites. None has been banned and anyone can access any genre of *****. If they can allow ***** sites in a supposedly Islamic Republic then they should not have any objections to the above-mentioned websites.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Boss, you tube is filled to the hilt with pics of draw muhammad day.

People are really letting it loose. All the publicity that the pakis did directly contributed to its popularity worldwide.
Sri
BRFite

Post by Sri »

What has Sania married into...
Shoib Malik took oath on Quran to ensure Younis doesn't succeed as a captain
The tone is set by, who else, but the coach himself. “I felt that they are mentally retarded people,” team coach Intikhab Alam is quoted to have told the committee. “They do not know that they are representing the country.”

Alam spoke about indiscipline in the team, and in this context mentioned Shoaib Malik – a name that continues to crop up in the statements of other members of the Pakistan touring party Down-Under. The coach identified Malik as someone with a “negative attitude” who was “active in intrigues in the team”.
Coach Alam confessed to having heard that a group of “six to seven” players had gone to former captain Inzamamul Haq’s house before the UAE tour last November where they “took oath on the Quran that they will remain united against (the then skipper) Younis Khan”.

The players in their statements denied the allegation with Shoaib Malik claiming that while an oath was taken, the venue was Yousuf’s hotel room and not Inzamam’s house. More significantly, Malik said what the players had vowed for on the occasion was that they will remain united in case a team member was dropped “unjustifiably”. In a most damaging diagnosis that could ever be attempted by a coach of his players, Intikhab Alam said “there is a mental problem with our players. They don’t know how to wear their clothes and how to talk in a civilised manner”.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Heaven help us all!
And I thought that the only problem these guys had was poor toilet habits.
:eek:
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Sri wrote:In a most damaging diagnosis that could ever be attempted by a coach of his players, Intikhab Alam said “there is a mental problem with our players. They don’t know how to wear their clothes and how to talk in a civilised manner”.
Mr. Intikhab Alam, is grossly unfair there. How can he single out the poor cricketers alone out of a country of 180 million ? The whole country is like that, isn't it ?
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Appeal challenging Hafeez Saeed's release dismissed: NDTV

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Worl ... 972386.cms
Last edited by abhishek_sharma on 25 May 2010 14:11, edited 1 time in total.
Sri
BRFite

Post by Sri »

SSridhar wrote:Mr. Intikhab Alam, is grossly unfair there. How can he single out the poor cricketers alone out of a country of 180 million ? The whole country is like that, isn't it ?
True representation... is it?
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

The excution of an ISI Agent
All I know is that unlike India where a freedom struggle went on for a long time before freedom was granted, we got Pakistan because the British believed Pakistan would be the more reliable ally willing to provide the bases needed to patrol the Persian Gulf and to contain the Soviet Union. All this started some years before we gained independence. That of course was not the jazba (feelings) of the masses who believed that Pakistan will be their liberation from want and hunger.
In the words of a mohajir, "My own version of Pakistan was of a place with an exotic skyline of green, shiny, tiled domes, pigeons flying everywhere, and a cool breeze gently blowing to make one feel as light as a bird. As for Delhi, well, what was so special about it ? It was a city of graves and shrines surrounded by ancient ruins, and there was a strange air of despair, of death and temporariness and the glory that had been" He had his shock when he landed in Pakistan later, but that was a different matter.

Soon enough, he met a Swati gentleman and the meeting was described by the mohajir thus: I realized that he was not too pleased with the Partition, amongst several other reasons because of the sheer incompatibility and incongruence of the language and culture of Muslims on both sides of the divide. "Religion is important, but not all that important. We don't live by religion alone. There are so many other factors too - language, culture, local customs, dress and even food. After all, who is Mr. Jinnah ? Who is Mr. Liaquat Ali Khan ? Refugees like yourself, aren't they ? What are they doing here in the lands of the Punjabis and Pathans ?Do they want to convert us to their ways of life and thinking or reconvert us to Islam ? Are they here to re-invent Islam for us"
Sri
BRFite

Post by Sri »

Sridhar Sir, Hamid Mir case to me is very intriguing. He is an out spoken critic of US / India / Israel. Almost always tows the line of the men in Khaki. Whats your take on it?
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

Muppalla wrote:Pakistan blockage spree

Bakis are now equal=equal with Arabs :lol:
rkirankr
BRFite

Post by rkirankr »

^ So Pakis finally achieved their dream. They have become a middle eastern country. I think now to become purer than pure , they should ban all automobiles and ride on camels.
biswas
BRFite

Post by biswas »

^ But, all that oil will go waste?

Everyone knows the Middle East is full of oil
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Kalashnikov Surf, Pistol Soap, Talwar Soap . . .

How can Unilever, Pakistan name its product as 'Kalashnikv Surf' ? Or, has 'Surf' become a generic name like 'Xerox' in India ?
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

MurthyB wrote:The article may be sensible, but the site it is posted on is anything but sensible. There are a couple of cretinous WKKs resident there from the Indian side who will brook no suggestion that Pakistan's foundational ideology has anything wrong with it, and will be open to throwing stones at Gandhi in order to gain respect "from the other side", as it were....
Yes, I'm well aware.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Sino-Pak Partnership Vital for Regional Peace: Zardari
Meanwhile, the Chinese defence delegation held a separate meeting with Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani at the Prime Minister’s House.

During the meeting, Gilani said Pakistan and China enjoyed “special” relations, which were “all weather and time-tested”.
Doesn't one get simply tired of repeating the same cliche a million times ?
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

SSridhar wrote:
During the meeting, Gilani said Pakistan and China enjoyed “special” relations, which were “all weather and time-tested”.
Doesn't one get simply tired of repeating the same cliche a million times ?
But drownable by Hunza Lake.

Is the fate of China's all-weather allies to become as screwed up as North Korea? Certainly, Pakistan is headed there.
Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Post by Brad Goodman »

Carl_T wrote:
amdavadi wrote:How about Paquis boycott WC next year. Since world cup is in India, they might as well not come to participate in kufar land.

Originally I disagreed with banning Pak players from IPL, as I thought it was a poor excuse for inaction towards the real problem. But this is actually enjoyable watching Pakis get their panties in a knot. In that spirit, I think we should refuse them visas for the world cup. That would be beautiful.
Carl ji I actually thought it was an immature decision to ban them initially. Since this was supposed to a tournament which attracts the best of cricketing world plus financially you would have had 40 - 50 million paid viewers from pakistan that would be paying for watching IPL which means more money for our government and media, this was till I had not heard Sohail Tanvir spew his venom on paki TV channels about "Hindu Zehniyat" that was when I was totally onboard about why these tableegi jihadis were banned from IPL. I agree every mulla player should be denied visa for India. I am still furious over why tanvir was given visa to visit hyderabad to attend the wedding of sania mirza
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

SSridhar wrote:All I know is that unlike India where a freedom struggle went on for a long time before freedom was granted, we got Pakistan because the British believed Pakistan would be the more reliable ally willing to provide the bases needed to patrol the Persian Gulf and to contain the Soviet Union. All this started some years before we gained independence. That of course was not the jazba (feelings) of the masses who believed that Pakistan will be their liberation from want and hunger
SS garu,

This is a thought, which I typed so many times to suggest further exploration especially from Shiv's piskology perspective ( added later: but never completely submitted that thought as a post), is the root cause of all ALL ills in Pakistan.

It could well be that some of the jihadis who are fighting for what they are, is due to some deep deep guilt that no one in Pakistan has any any watanparasti nor have they collectively shown during Independence. Jinnah has snatched that satisfaction from them and destined them to some too bit religious zealots who otherwise would not have wanted to be where they are.

This thought deserves a few articles to register in the minds of intellectuals. This realization and diversion of the energies of masses away from their forced upon concepts such as arabized version of Islam to something native belonging to their land and origins is needed for finding a stable equilibrium.

I am SO effing glad that a Paki has spelt this out in his article. May his tribe increase many many fold.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Satya_anveshi, you are absolutely right. I have also thought about this. I had posted the following here earlier.

Having got a nation for themselves on a silver platter due to the munificence of the British and by riding piggyback on the Indian independence movement, without having really struggled for it, Pakistan could never formulate independent State policies or even appreciate the sense of freedom. Since “national identity” is derived from such things as culture, heritage, history, experiences etc. and since the artificial land of Pakistan had none of these in originality as it inherited all these from Bharat, the country had nothing to speak of for its identity.

Modern political commentators are unanimous that ‘nationalism’ is composed of two components: emotional and political. Politically, it is the culmination of a historical process that established the nationality. In India, the whole country was caught in the frenzy of independence and hundreds of thousands of leaders, common men and women sacrificed themselves to gain independence. While the concept of ‘Bharat’ had been well entrenched for thousands of years, it was truly this political struggle that unified the nation. However, this struggle was absent in Pakistan as its leaders simply indulged in political machinations and even in pandering their British Masters, to secure a land for themselves. It is simply not enough that there is a historical process to establish nationality, but there should also be a well grounded theory and idealism behind such a struggle. It came naturally to the Indian movement of independence while for the Pakistanis it was mostly fabricated.

“Nationalism’ also needs political parties to weld the historical process and the idealism into something that is achievable. The Indian National Congress did that effectively for India as a mass based organization in the far nooks and corners of the country. In the case of Pakistan, the Muslim League was elitist in nature and significantly lacked support in the areas that eventually became parts of Pakistan
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

Thanks SS garu for articulating it so aptly.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Sri wrote:
Hamid Mir case to me is very intriguing. He is an out spoken critic of US / India / Israel. Almost always tows the line of the men in Khaki.
What can one say ? The Pakistanis, without distinction, are all terrorists in the end. They are all against India and want to simply destroy us. However, true to their history, they bitterly fight among themselves too. Many feel that such a trait acts in a self-limiting way and saves the rest of the civilized world. Hamid Mir is no exception. Hamid Mir, Khalid Khawaja, Usman Punjabi . . are all one and the same for us. Let's watch the drama.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Hamid Mir has performed Taquiya in recent years, and has moderated his statements wrt India, perhaps lured by the lucre from the TV channels here.

I still remember him in the days before Mushy's agra visit as the male counterpart of Shrileen in bashing India. He was very chummy with the ISI wallahs then, and used to have good inside info of the type Zaid Hamid (pbuh) used to have. Also his two known meetings / interviews with osama bin laden could not have been possible without the ISI throughly being comfortable about his antecedents. OBL was under protection of the ISI all these years, long before 911 happened - mushy used obl's services to crush the shia uprising in gilgit-balistan
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

I believe personal experience especially tragedies during your formative years play most important role in your character building and define what you are. Check out the family background of Hamid Mir particularly his dad's death (?) when he was in his 20s (?).

Secondly, per one of the above articles, that SAARC has recognized him (as a quid pro quo for his Bangladesh comments?) and that should put him off against some known elements - anti-saarc and anti-India and actually even anti-pak masquerading as pro-pak.

Overall I still give him the benefit of doubt and is far far better than many others in spite of Khwaja tape (could be even because of it).
Rahul Shukla
BRFite

Post by Rahul Shukla »

70 percent of Pakistanis want permanent ban on Facebook: Poll (Economic Times)
KARACHI: A new poll has revealed that 70 percent people in Pakistan want a permanent ban on the social networking website Facebook, while another 15 percent support the Lahore High Court's order to ban the website till May 31.
Jabran Rafique, a student, said that thousands of people had complained to Facebook to remove the blasphemous content through the website's standard reporting procedure, but no action was taken. "But on the other hand they only took 20 minutes to shut down a page against Jewish on demand of some so-called Jewish cyber force. Does it not a discrimination against only one race and religion? We must not use Facebook ever again," The Nation quoted Rafique, as saying.
So in a nutshell for muslims in Pakistan, websites related to po*n, gambling and conspiracies are not blasphemous. But the entire country has to tighten up their salwars and go to jihad against facebook, youtube etc. because of one page where the prophet may be shown with facial features and of course, a full beard?

Engaged in every kind of moral, social and physical sin 24/7, these saints of islam think they are still pious and worthy of heaven as long as they can prevent anyone from drawing a picture of their prophet? The sheer display of mental retardation under the guise of religious rights is baffling. All of the civilized world has taken note of this lunacy and thanks to Pakistan and its faith-fools, the entire digital universe is now filled with pictures of the prophet. Today, the prophet is more famous then he ever was but only for all the wrong reasons possible.

All 180 million Pakistanis are nothing but useless weight on planet Earth. Over the last 60 years, what (if anything noteworthy) would the world have missed out on if these faith-fools didn't exist? Oh wait - Terrorism!
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

SSridhar, the quote in italics is from where.
And have you updated your blog with the insight on TSP behavior?
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Wouldn't it be great if we heard news that US forces kidnapped OBL from within pakistan and brought him to a US base.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

A_Gupta wrote:Wonders never cease, yet another sensible Pakistani.
http://pakteahouse.wordpress.com/2010/0 ... rspective/
You can read the full article at the link
Editing is now going on to avoid downhill skiing. I was going to make a post here - but I made it there instead. Here it is for posteriority

Here is a brief history of Pakistan based on the concept of “Pakistan ka matlab kya? La illah il Allah”

1) Phase I: Pakistan is created by Muslims, for Muslims. Islamic society is perfect, and any imperfections are because of un-Islamic influences – so the kafirs were eliminated.

2) Phase II: Bangladesh broke away. Guess who was responsible? The Hindu kafirs of India led by their fascist Brahmin-Bania nexus, seeking to subjugate Muslims in addition to their subjugation of low caste untouchables, minorities, Sikhs, Christians, Tamils, Bodos, Nagas and more groups that any educated Pakistani can name. Pakistan’s lack of being fully Islamic was partly to blame for the loss of Bangladesh (apart from Kafir infleuce on the short, darkskinned, rice and fish eating Bengalis) More piety was required.

3) Phase III: Pakistan becomes more pious, but Kashmir has still not fallen on to Pakistani laps even after a couple of decades of mujahids fighting, initially against the 7 trillion rapist Indian army men of Kashmir, but later shifting their pious jihad to kafir civilians as things got too hot for the righteous.

4) Phase IV: Pakistan is now in phase IV. Piety is insufficient. It is not merely enough to get rid of kafirs from Pakistan and ban Qadianis. The Shias too need to be taken out and all those Pakistani groups who are not really deen. Many Pakistanis are munafiqoon and must be eliminated. Pakistan needs to be cleaned up first before conquering the world.

The Rich Anglophone Paki Elite (R.A.P.E.) class represent less than 1 million (less than 1% of Pakistan). A few will read this, go into denial and start talking about India’s warts. That is normal for this group who curse India but are doing Taqiyya in front of Westerners. But history will be made by Allah and his true followers represented by 99% of Pakistanis who do not speak or read English.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Most of them will agree and lap it up!
BijuShet
BRFite

Post by BijuShet »

From The News : Nato installs surveillance system near Chaman border
Updated at: 1724 PST, Tuesday, May 25, 2010
CHAMAN: Nato forces in Afghanistan have installed a sophisticated surveillance system along the Pak-Afghan border to monitor the movement of insurgents in the area.

Equipped with more than half a dozen security cameras, the sprawling three hundred yards tall balloon type satellite tower has been installed at Spin Boldak town and can easily be seen from Chaman town, which lies about a kilometre south of Spin Boldak.

An Afghan security official told on the conditions of anonymity that the tower would be instrumental to monitor the border especially during the Nato operation against the Taliban in Kandahar.

He added that if needed more such towers would be installed inside The Afghan territory adjoining Pakistan.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Shiv,

I don't think the downhill rush can be stopped. Noble words are written on that website but remain words only. The first article there says:
It is now obvious that Islam itself has to be rethought, idea by idea. We need to begin with the simple fact that Muslims have no monopoly on truth, on what is right, on what is good, on justice, nor the intellectual and moral reflexes that promote these necessities. Like the rest of humanity, we have to struggle to achieve them using our own sacred notions and concepts as tools for understanding and reshaping contemporary reality.
I like to believe and hope that no ideology extant in India (apart from some lunatic fringes) thinks that it has a monopoly on what is right, good or just; and that bharatiyas are willing and able to adopt anything no matter how alien if it promotes the public good.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Sri wrote:
Sridhar Sir, Hamid Mir case to me is very intriguing. He is an out spoken critic of US / India / Israel. Almost always tows the line of the men in Khaki. Whats your take on it?
Sri,
Sridhar has given his answer. I've watched Hamid Mir's Capital Talk on Geo TV since December 2009. Unfortunately I can't read Urdu script (though I'm trying to learn) and so cannot read Hamid Mir's columns - which apparently paint a different picture of him.

The impression from Geo TV is that of an accomplished journalist with some pet causes. E.g., he has on several occasions raised the issue of the missing people of Baluchistan. These are a few thousand seemingly ordinary people who were "vanished". All the civilian officials - chief ministers and prime minister - promise to find out and reveal what has happened. But nothing happens. The guests on his show don't always speak directly, but they make it obvious that the civilians do not have the power to do anything. A few have spoken directly of a shadow government that holds the real power.

Hamid Mir is also very interested in constitutionalism, and is a big proponent of the 18th amendment. He seems to want provincial autonomy, supremacy of the constitution and the parliament and rule of law. On the other hand he keeps challenging the politicians on the show to tell him how all this will help the common man with blackouts, shortages, inflation, so injects a bit of populism. Though the politicians can't answer him, his wrap-up of the show always is that resolution of constitutional questions will release attention and energy to address everyday man's problems.

While most of his shows are in studio, there were a few where he went out in the field. In one he talked to the shopkeepers and customers of one of the Lahore bazaars that had been bombed. In another he talked to people in the long lines at gas stations trying to get fuel for their cars. In another he went and interviewed people protesting in front of the Parliament in the cause of the missing people. He had some on the investigation into Benazir Bhutto's death, which clearly implicated the police and army.

Then at least one Hamid Mir column was (translated?) in English where he wants Pakistan to apologize for the 1971 atrocities in Bangladesh.

Of course, from an Indian perspective, you wouldn't call Hamid Mir objective related to anything India. But that is natural.

It is very disconcerting then to see that Hamid Mir also retains deep sympathy and contacts with the Taliban. Now, it is possible he has been framed. However, if Benazir Bhutto's murder is so covered up, his chances of establishing his innocence are next to nil. Also, all indications are that it is indeed Hamid Mir and not a concoction.

So I draw two conclusions:
1. The circumstances surrounding the release of the tape of Hamid Mir's conversation is probably to do with infighting among the factions of Pakistan's intelligence agencies. This explanation from Ayesha Siddiqa makes the most sense.

2. In some way, the Pakistani elite are deeply schizophrenic. By that I mean, I cannot construct a consistent world based on whatever premises in which their worldview is coherent. It goes beyond cognitive dissonance, which results in people making arguments with no logic. It reflects in the very persona - Hamid Mir as a prime example, has at least two persona. His Capital Talk persona and his yakking-with-the-Taliban persona.

-Arun

PS: Hamid Mir fleshes out his claim of dirty tricks, just like this post-26/11 one reported by rediff
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

A_Gupta wrote:

2. In some way, the Pakistani elite are deeply schizophrenic. By that I mean, I cannot construct a consistent world based on whatever premises in which their worldview is coherent. It goes beyond cognitive dissonance, which results in people making arguments with no logic. It reflects in the very persona - Hamid Mir as a prime example, has at least two persona. His Capital Talk persona and his yakking-with-the-Taliban persona.

-Arun
This is a very important observation.
Nobody can construct a sense of nation or worldview from these elites. It is all about existence and survival but pretending to be a nation and a state. Only Indians are fooled into thinking that there is a legitimate state