Terror Attacks in Mumbai

vsudhir
BRF Oldie

Re: Terror Attacks in Mumbai

Post by vsudhir »

Top story headline in the allegedly rightist Pioneer
Major counter-offensive launched against militants
I'm like, 'militants'? WTF?! Why not simply say 'terrorists'? And without the quote marks too!

GOI needs to make it quetly but firmly clear that terrorists should be called such, no exceptions for any dhimmedia outlet. Sorry. Int'l outlets will take their cue from the output of desi stories.

Can anyone confirm what word vernacular uses to describe the turds? Is it aatankvaadis (terrorists) or ugravaadis (extremists) or something else all together.
akumar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by akumar »

I can’t believe I am saying this but coverage of TIMES TV have been outstanding till now. Aranab Goswami (and the lady from field) has been online for almost 24 hrs and remains very articulate.

He is cautious in not giving out any operational details. In fact he has been cutting off any field stringer, specially the bearded dork at nariman bldg, who are divulging more than required info.

In my books Aranb Goswami is no longer a DDM. Bravo

Another revelation has been the coverage by BBC and CNN. For a change they have been quite neutral, almost supportive. This is contrasting sharply with IBN and NDTV. It seem Sagarika ghose spent the day watching Burkha dutt and determined to outdo her in dorkiness when her turn comes.
milindc
BRFite

Post by milindc »

sum wrote:
We can't prevent attacks, but after attack we need to make sure that our liberties are not impeached.
WTF is wrong with our "elites"?
Even a attack on their 5-star hangouts doesnt make them see the light? :-?

Btw, who is Chetan "Idiot"?
Didn't know his last name when I posted. Another one whose movies will not be watched in my household are Chetan Bhagat.
Idiot blabbers that this is a fight between poor and rich. He states that this attack has nothing to do with Religion and the Scum who was talking with IndiaTV was in pain.

List of Be Nice when you list journos you dont like
Barkha
Rahul Bose
Chetan Bhagat
Manoj Joshi
Last edited by Jagan on 27 Nov 2008 19:53, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: edited
Sagar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sagar »

Mathew G wrote:
Sagar wrote:India - Welcome to the big League!

If you thought India could gain membership into the G3 and other big offices without being tested, think again!

The round the clock TV coverage (using local mumbai Feeds)in the US, and presumably the rest of the world, shows to me that India has arrived. Celebrities have always known this- publicity (bad or good) is better than no publicity.

Now how India reacts, and solves this issue, will determine if it will command the respect it demands.
Yes. Unfortunately MMS suggesting to "take up" the issue with "neighbouring bhai contree" doesn't sound very encouraging. More like a spineless nincompoop, than a leader of a 1 billion strong country.
What do you expect any leader to do? Spew forth righteous indignation and start a war? What is required is cool, calm and determined action. As a wise man once said - " make haste slowly".
vsudhir
BRF Oldie

Post by vsudhir »

sum wrote:Are there any pics of the MARCOS in action?

Lots of pics of the NSG floating around.
Wow. Where? Any links/hints plz? TIA onlee.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Dnt be surprised when his tone suddenly turns "secular" once the ops are done....

Who is this Manoj Joshi?

Sudhirji,
Rediff articles seemed to have many NSG pics.....even the IE site had few in noon(not sure now)...
The news channels are showing NSG guys also in a few clips...
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Talking about the boat on which the terrorist allegedly came from Karachi, Quershi said: “Have you seen the boat? Could you travel on that boat from Karachi? Media should be supportive and understanding. It's to early to say anything."
This guy obviously has not heard of a Mother Ship concept. Perhaps neither has the reporter.

On the topic of insinuations, Kashmir also falls into that category. This attack could be - and I personally suspect it is - the result of Obama's remarks made a year or so ago. It was predicted with the exception of where such a dastardly act would take place. Recall that an attack took place during the visit of Clinton too - when he was the President.

Pakistani talk has to end and they have to dismantle their Jihadi apparatus, NOT just bring it under civilian control - ISI.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

I need to catch up to the latest. The US media's attention and coverage is upsetting me still. I have said it several times now. But their coverage for more than 15 hours (that I know) is the first. Maybe it is because of the still going on hostage crisis and they see ratings. I feel some force is trying to pull India into the global terror. An analyst claimed this is AQ2.0. They have zero perspective of our history. They continue to see us in their image. FOX News is streaming Star News and SN claims it is "bharat ka 911" - shame on you SN for see India from an outsider's viewpoint.

And folks, Admins had requested no emoticons in this thread.
sampat
BRFite

Post by sampat »

milindc wrote:
sum wrote: WTF is wrong with our "elites"?
Even a attack on their 5-star hangouts doesnt make them see the light? :-?

Btw, who is Chetan "Idiot"?
Didn't know his last name when I posted. Another one whose movies will not be watched in my household are Chetan Bhagat.
Idiot blabbers that this is a fight between poor and rich. H
Did they get dossier from pakistan. I have been scanning Nordic forums and newspaper and first explaination some of them gave was huge economic disparity between rich and poor in India. I think this will be the future labelling of terrorism in India, perhaps to bring in the naxal angle and taking away xitian angle. Groundwork has been started already.
Last edited by sampat on 27 Nov 2008 19:39, edited 1 time in total.
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

akumar wrote: In my books Aranb Goswami is no longer a DDM. Bravo
Agreed. He was the same during the Guwahati terror attack in October. Army officer's son from Assam, Hindu College and Oxford.
Mathew G
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Mathew G »

Sagar wrote:
Mathew G wrote: Yes. Unfortunately MMS suggesting to "take up" the issue with "neighbouring bhai contree" doesn't sound very encouraging. More like a spineless nincompoop, than a leader of a 1 billion strong country.
What do you expect any leader to do? Spew forth righteous indignation and start a war? What is required is cool, calm and determined action. As a wise man once said - " make haste slowly".
Slow Haste?! For How long??!! Are you suggesting MMS is cool-calm-determinedly actioned man. How many times must these Terrorists taunt India before a change in this tortoise pace? It's more clueless than cool, calm or determined.

It's time for these politicos to get some balls and really do something for India instead of looting India for themselves?
milindc
BRFite

Post by milindc »

sum wrote:
Dnt be surprised when his tone suddenly turns "secular" once the ops are done....

Who is this Manoj Joshi?

Sudhirji,
Rediff articles seemed to have many NSG pics.....even the IE site had few in noon(not sure now)...
The news channels are showing NSG guys also in a few clips...
Panel member who often joins TimesNow discussions.
Google search gives info below
He is currently the Chief Editor of The Times of India News Bureau, a centralised reportage in-house agency and the Political Editor of The Times of India.
sunnyP
BRFite

Post by sunnyP »

SwamyG wrote:I need to catch up to the latest. The US media's attention and coverage is upsetting me still. I have said it several times now. But their coverage for more than 15 hours (that I know) is the first. Maybe it is because of the still going on hostage crisis and they see ratings. I feel some force is trying to pull India into the global terror. An analyst claimed this is AQ2.0. They have zero perspective of our history. They continue to see us in their image. FOX News is streaming Star News and SN claims it is "bharat ka 911" - shame on you SN for see India from an outsider's viewpoint.

And folks, Admins had requested no emoticons in this thread.
Likewise, on both of the major uk channels, sky news and bbcnews its been non stop since it happened!

And yes they sound much more supportive than they have done in previous Indian terror attacks. Whether thats just because their citezens are involoved or something else I don't know.
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

They are from Pak confirmed by arrested terrorist. And intercepts show the terrorists are speaking in Punjabi. These are Pakjabi terrorists. The Major has confirmed that the terrorists are likely to be from Pak.
SandeepA
BRFite

Post by SandeepA »

I was speaking to a Sikh friend of mine and he thinks MMS is a blackmark on his community worse than Bhindranwale. His words 'After Ranjit Singh we have our first Sikh leading a united India against jihadi onslaught and look what a wimp we have'
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/11/2 ... 217/666945

Your chance to educate the million+ readers of dailykos.
You can influence blog coverage.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

unconfirmed reports coming in that terrorists have lobbed a grenade at a fire brigade vehicle at the taj.

snipers open fire on oberoi from nearby building. the 3rd from top floor of oberoi goes up in flames right in front of my eyes on live TV.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

"Before I could reach there, the terrorists who had attacked one of the hospitals, the Cama Hospital, had left and those who attacked the railway station had also left," Union Home Minister Shivraj Patil said.
WTF ? Is this guy totally insane ?
Manny
BRFite

Post by Manny »

Who are these people?

Barkha
Rahul Bose
Chetan Bhagat
Manoj Joshi
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

the fire in oberoi 4th floor is out of control. 300 people are said to be inside and upto 16th floor is cleared per TV.

and I do wish prahlad kakkar appearing on sardesai tv would skip his
idiotic cowboy hat getup - good for a regular party, not good when a
national crisis is ongoing. No, we are not going to be offended by your
bald pate sir.
Last edited by Singha on 27 Nov 2008 19:51, edited 2 times in total.
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

If anyone watched the IBN discussion anchored by Rajdeep Sardesai, take a bow for your patience. The panelists actually blamed the Bombay police-wallahs for their tardiness and that things have been running for 24 hours or so. Jeezus, someone had to watch it. Next forum update Jagan sir, please get me a puke button just for times like these.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

On Thursday, the Indian Navy said its forces were boarding a cargo vessel suspected of ties to the attacks, the Associated Press reported. Navy spokesman Capt. Manohar Nambiar said the ship, the MV Alpha, had recently come to Mumbai from Karachi, Pakistan.

Nambiar says the navy has "located the ship and now we are in the process of boarding it and searching it," according to the wire service.
Dmurphy
BRFite

Post by Dmurphy »

Manny wrote:Who are these people?

Barkha
Rahul Bose
Chetan Bhagat
Manoj Joshi
haven't the comments made on them in this thread been enough to know them? If not, wait for more.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

that things have been running for 24 hours or so.

yeah, kakkarji and his supermodel friends need to go back to partying. shame on the police for not cleaning up the blood on streets so our self-serving people like these could get back to business again.

I say give these people guns and send them in to resolve it faster.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

lakshmic wrote:
"Before I could reach there, the terrorists who had attacked one of the hospitals, the Cama Hospital, had left and those who attacked the railway station had also left," Union Home Minister Shivraj Patil said.
WTF ? Is this guy totally insane ?
Do NOT expect much more than that from GoI. This is the old "officials have RUSHED to the spot".

Mr. Patil is talking as though he was expecting a welcoming party organized by the terrorists.
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

On cue, Rajdeep is actually whining and coaxing his field correspondent on why there have been no negotiations with the terrorists. These DDMs are shitting in their pants that their hang-outs have not been cleared 24 hrs later, thats probably causing takleef. Sick...
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Singha wrote:I noticed some of the NSG were wearing black masks but some were not.
imho as a policy they should wear masks to protect ids. who knows their
native place could be right next to a jihadi hangout and the locals recognize face on TV.
I would guess the uncovered faces are the SRG while covered are SAG.
saw one NSG boy carrying a psg-1.
asprinzl
BRFite

Post by asprinzl »

milindc wrote:
rgsrini wrote: I don't believe getting external help somehow indicates that our forces are inferior. Getting external help especially related to information is normal in such operations.

The external players will be useless in case of tactics and strategies, without completely taking over the entire operations as they need a trained and coordinated unit to carry out any plan they suggest.
Info help is OK. Philip mentioned about Israeli anti-terror teams. I assumed them to be equivalent of NSG. Imagine the message it will convey when our DDM run with the story.
In this hour, our populace need to know that our forces are capable of handling this situation
In this hour of need where innocent blood is being spilled in gallons, getting the job done is paramount above every damn thing in this fricking world. If employing monkeys would get the job done quickly and with less blood then that should be done. If employing other experts would do better then that should be done. Perceptions, politics and propaganda be damned.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

lakshmic wrote:
On Thursday, the Indian Navy said its forces were boarding a cargo vessel suspected of ties to the attacks, the Associated Press reported. Navy spokesman Capt. Manohar Nambiar said the ship, the MV Alpha, had recently come to Mumbai from Karachi, Pakistan.

Nambiar says the navy has "located the ship and now we are in the process of boarding it and searching it," according to the wire service.
Oh, so they have located the Mother Ship.
BhairavP
BRFite

Post by BhairavP »

Sad news - Taj GM's wife and 3 children killed in the firing at the Taj. Apparently, they were living in a suite on the top floor.
Takes a special type of monster to kill children.

Trident is on fire at the back.
Ujjal
BRFite

Post by Ujjal »

Gary Ackerman on MSNBC clearing things out for us. I'm glad USINPAC is on action now.

MSNBC says according to NDTV, all terrorists caught appear to be from Pakistan.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Dmurphy
BRFite

Post by Dmurphy »

Suhel Seth on Times Now, firing all cylinders, dont miss it guys.
He says
The current HM is the worst this country has ever seen...He is inarticulate and reasonably reasonably unintelligent
p_saggu
BRFite

Post by p_saggu »

IBN Live:
NSG: All terrorists in Taj Hotel Killed.
Tata Bye Bye Pakistan
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Rahul, thanks for clarifying that. from msnbc pic it appears the SRG is
the 2nd line cordon as expected and playing some kinda supporting role
inside the hotel , maybe sanitizing and holding on to areas after the leading line of SAG.

the marcos would have trained in hostage rescue in oil rigs and ships and maybe on land too. they too would go in with sag.
Last edited by Singha on 27 Nov 2008 20:02, edited 1 time in total.
pradeepe
BRFite
Location: Our culture is different and we cannot live together - who said that?

Post by pradeepe »

So far to my untrained eye, it sees to be a LeT-HuJI combine operation. ISI's sword arm pairs up with one of al Qaida's sword arm. The versace scum seems to be of BD origin.
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

Rajdeep questioning N. Gadkari, Mah BJP guy about why LKA is in the action scenario NOW. Why not tomorrow? Why the blame game now? Basically this dumbass forgot that his own panel just a few minutes back blamed the Mah police. What a change of plates in two minutes.....
Manny
BRFite

Post by Manny »

List of Enemies from within..updated. Please add to this,.,,,I'd like to collect this list and learn about them.

Barkha
Rahul Bose
Chetan Bhagat
Manoj Joshi
Teesta Setalwad
Arundati Roy
Prannoy Roy
Last edited by Manny on 27 Nov 2008 20:03, edited 1 time in total.
p_saggu
BRFite

Post by p_saggu »

Wah Narayanan Saar,

Excellent Moderating. The key board that you wield is indeed directed with soft hands and a nimble mind.
Ujjal
BRFite

Post by Ujjal »

Vijay Mallya on CNN Headline News - This is India's 911.