Positive News from the USA

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Re: Positive News from the USA

Post by Gus »

The point is the video, and it shows a white cop throwing a black girl to the ground. That's enough. Positively enough. The details are internal issues within the US. Just like the broken window in a church in India (detail was that a drunk vandal had a fight and did so), but the narrative was made into you know what, as the details were an internal issue within India.
but aren't we the ones complaining how media narrative distorts reality and exaggerates things out of context and beats us with it to deny even whats fair and reasonable on our part?

again, in this case, i don't agree with that particular cop's actions. he should have tried to de-escalate situation instead of forcing authority in that manner. but, he is not the only one at fault for the chain of events.

but the allegations are stemming from the need to fit this into a certain narrative 'bunch of kids having fun, racist people calling cops, racist cop throw innocent girl on ground, pulls gun on unarmed teenagers, boooom this is ferguson, b'more".
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

more than race angle, it is actually class angle at play. people in middle to upper middle class neighborhood are very touchy about property values as that is their everything. people did call some of the trespassers as coming from 'section 8' and that seems to be part of the escalation of what led to hairpulling fight between one resident and 'keef cakez'.
Tuvaluan
BRFite

Post by Tuvaluan »

In case it needs to be spelt out, "Positive News" from the USA is like "Bojitiv News" from Pakiland. I am sure there are wonderful and decent pakistani institutions and people that could use some defending in the Bojitiv Nooj thread too (just kidding). Please to adjust accordingly and leave this thread alone for Bojitiv nooj. I think discussions should be in the other US related discussion threads.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

my last on this. i have nothing more to say. people can have their last words

http://candysdirt.com/2015/06/09/craig- ... ther-live/
One of the most successful mixed-use developments of its kind, the 2,200-acre master planned community features 2,359 houses, more than 1,000 apartment homes, retail, and commercial space. It is one of the largest developments in Collin County and more than 9,000 people call Craig Ranch home.

More than 1,434 houses and more than 3,000 apartment homes will be completed over the next 28 months, with price ranging from $300,000 to more than $600,000.

Here is what Realtors and residents (who all, unfortunately, want to be anonymous) tell me happened Friday night. Tatania organized a party known as a “Pop-Up Twitter Rave” party. It’s basically what my kids tried to do as teens, but they use social media to spread the word. Which means, the invitation spreads lightning fast. There is a park next to the pool, and it was there the DJ Reign set up along with a bounce house and tweeted the party for a cover charge of $15 a head.

Tatiana Rhodes, a 19-year-old McKinney resident, reportedly planned the event, which, Heavy notes, was advertised on social media. According to the flier, a group calling itself Dimepiece X Twinzz Promotions was listed as the host of the pool party, which was scheduled from 4:30 to 10 p.m. The event was deejayed by DJ Reign, a Dallas DJ who’s listed on his Twitter account as CEO of EventsHavoc! He isn’t interested in talking about the events of Friday, according to tweets on his Twitter account.

Before messaging that he had no interest in talking about Friday’s events, he reportedly fielded a few from folks who believed that he’d coordinated the pool party.

According to Twitchy, someone posting from DJ Reign’s account noted that he wasn’t near the event when it took place and that he didn’t make the fliers. In addition, posts noted that he was paid to deejay the event and nothing more. There have been conflicting reports as to how many guests were in attendance, but many outlets put the number as high as 70 teens.

Something I have been trying to figure out is why Tatania, who is either 19 or 20, would be partying with 14 and 15 year olds, but apparently she organized the party for her 14 year old sister or half sister. (The girls have different last names.) Residents who were at the pool say Tatania only invited about 20 people, including friends who lived inside Craig Ranch, who also had access to the pool. But once the party invitation went viral, kids came over from everywhere. I have heard that the tweets also included instructions for the teens on how to handle the police should they arrive — typical at these kinds of pop up Twitter Rave parties.

Whoever wrote the Facebook post describing the the original 911 calls as saying there were “too many blacks in the neighborhood” was not being truthful, I’m told, that was never said. Two young girls reading by the pool say the teenagers came from nowhere, were loud and offensive, as was the music. Some were smoking pot and wine coolers were all over. Their language was offensive to a mother with little ones in the pool’s shallow end, and that mother apparently asked them to “keep the bad language down.” One of the party “guests” then raised her middle finger to the mother, flipping her off. It is also not clear whether Tatania and her mother had pre-arranged for the party with the HOA, which usually requires a security deposit. And the teens apparently were rude to the resident adults out enjoying the pool.

Several McKinney residents have taken to social media to dispute the reporting of the story. According to one McKinney resident, who asked that the “true story” of what happened get out, a DJ was blasting obscene music in a public area and carloads of teens where arriving in the neighborhood without permission to go to the pool. When the teens were confronted, according to the resident’s post, they began climbing the pool fence and arguing with a security guard. When residents confronted the teens, the residents say, it was they who were attacked with racial slurs and physically assaulted.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Gus wrote:
The point is the video, and it shows a white cop throwing a black girl to the ground. That's enough. Positively enough. The details are internal issues within the US. Just like the broken window in a church in India (detail was that a drunk vandal had a fight and did so), but the narrative was made into you know what, as the details were an internal issue within India.
but aren't we the ones complaining how media narrative distorts reality and exaggerates things out of context and beats us with it to deny even whats fair and reasonable on our part?
Yes, but I am saying that it can cut both ways, and when it does, we should allow it to do so.

We can certainly discuss the context behind it, but I think the 'Understanding the US' thread is more appropriate. Let this thread only be a repository of bojitiv newj. JMT.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Gus wrote:
1. Invitation may have been sent out by one person, but that doesn't mean there weren't a lot of resident families participating: why would that person herself live in a KKK neighborhood, hain? This is called a 'mixed' nbd. I estimate 400+ apartments. They don't call it 'mixed' if there are only 2 AA families and 398 'other community'. So I estimate that there are maybe 100 AA families. IMO when there is a pool party at such a nbd, ALL residents who are interested would join. Let's say there were kids from 30 resident families at 1.5 kids per family - that's 45 kids from the community, who had every right to invite 2 guests each. Or maybe its 2 guests per family, and maybe all 100 AA families would gladly count themselves in as inviting guests. So the number of guests per resident was not 50 - it may well have been closer to say, 1 or 2.
So the claim that a lot of uninvited nbd gangs came barging in, is the first sign of racist xenophobia
sir, why the contrived fancy maths.

fact is - people were trespassing. this is not a public pool. this is a community pool. non-residents cannot barge in there, as they don't pay for it. a simple count on pool pass swipes can establish that. HOA has released statement that party was not approved anyways. pool cleaning is expensive.

so now trespassing is to be handwaved.
So ppl complaining about **NOISE** from an apartment pool party are just being ornery b1tches. Racist. I bet there are parties there EVERY weekend, every night in summer. Mostly of (one community) kids, whose noise and fa*ts are so elegant that they don't disturb the two white mohtermas who came out to Protect the Sanctity of The Community and started the riot. Dim-witted racist turds.
really..

so a bunch of non-students crash into your auditorium and setup a party there and you would be smiling approvingly? and if kaalij sekoority cannot control it and cops are called, you become a dim witted racist turd spoil sport xenophobic?
Once in a while I have to honk back at a particularly obnoxious driver. This appears to be one such case.
sir, why the contrived fancy maths.
fact is - people were trespassing. this is not a public pool. this is a community pool. non-residents cannot barge in there, as they don't pay for it. a simple count on pool pass swipes can establish that. HOA has released statement that party was not approved anyways. pool cleaning is expensive. so now trespassing is to be handwaved.
The math and the reasoning were laid out. Sorry it does not suit your prejudices. But math is math. In a typical apartment community in an area like this, there are several hundred apartments. Divided approximately in proportion to the population demographics. The stated guest policy is **TWO** guests per resident. Or is it per family? Left vague, no doubt, because the white kids brought as many guests as they wanted, to their underwear-discarding festivities. So please go back and read the logic I stated and try not to irritate me, thanks!
really..
so a bunch of non-students crash into your auditorium and setup a party there and you would be smiling approvingly? and if kaalij sekoority cannot control it and cops are called, you become a dim witted racist turd spoil sport xenophobic?
1. If you take a sanity check, you may discover that the situation here was **NOT** an "auditorium" in a university or whatever "kaalij" means (what's with this impropah English on BRF, what-what?) It is an APARTMENT COMPLEX. A place where there are families with kids and boom-boxes.
2. The people who "crashed" (and I don't think that was a proper description, see the 'guests' policy explained above) may have been *non-students* but that is completely irrelevant. They were people who came ready to swim, there is no allegation that they trashed the pool, and yes, shock of shocks :eek: :shock: , the pool needs to be cleaned even if only pure white asses are immersed in it. So citing 'cleaning costs' in the context of visiting colored kids is, shall we say, particulary obnoxious? The term "xenophobic racist turd" comes to mind even stronger, wonder why.

HOA has released statement that party was not approved anyways.
OOO!! Typically, how this happens is that even if someone DOES "apply", they won't get around to it until weeks later. They didn't approve or DIS-approve, because (a) the request was nothing unusual and they couldn't find any grounds to diss it and (b) they didn't want to approve it because they are, well.. x-r-ts. If they had a specific issue, they would have complained and called the cops straight away if they were ignored.

My guess is that there were regular pool parties there by **WHITE** residents, and that was perfectly fine. The poo they put in the pool does not require cleaning, it just evaporates into pure oxygen, the noise they make is sweet to the deaf ears, and the beer they drink is just top-notch.

So the big problem came when the black residents decided to do likewise. Seen this too many times, been there too many times.
Funny thing is, I **WAS** inclined to be neutral about this bissing contest - seen enough neighbors of all races and I have my own experience database, no comments , but now seeing the hostility from you, I am fairly sure that the charge of racism there is 100% valid.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

try not to irritate me
i did try. you are the one who insist on going on a certain path. with limited information and unlimited assumptions.
seeing the hostility from you
given your invaluable contributions in the past and your potential works in future, i'll just have to 'take one for the team' and let this slide.

you still have my respect.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Even if some BRF veterans don't understand the purpose of this thread and going on and on with what they perceive as "truth" , "facts" and all that , then you realize how difficult it is for Indians to replicate the Psy-ops which Americans and their media and their "experts" use on Indian society and Dharma.We have long way to go.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Oh the humanity. From advice on the Ferguson issue, defending the guy who got shot after having assaulted the Indian shopkeeper "we are all in this together" and what not. Later, comments about "you all know who you are" etc when more racial stuff happened in Khanland.
Now, sudden understanding of massa's cultural proclivities and pointing a gun at teenager is ok (he didnt have finger on trigger onlee). Sitting on back of teenaged girl, no problemo discussion about gated communities and what not..
Oh massa khan, bewildering are thy ways of sudden conversion. :lol:
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

The Cavalry Rides To The Rescue: In this case on buffalos maybe.

Dear Shoveler of Yak Dung:
What happened this weekend in McKinney, Texas, was appalling and unacceptable. CREDO partners with and funds ColorOfChange.org because the organization is aggressively addressing the systemic problem of dehumanizing racial stereotypes, and the too regular violence against Black lives that persists as a result.

Please read and sign this emergency petition from ColorOfChange.org demanding that McKinney police officer Eric Casebolt face criminal charges.

Thank you for joining me in standing with ColorOfChange.org against racially biased policing and in showing solidarity in our long-term fight to end institutional racism in America.

-- Becky Bond

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Subject: McKinney police violence
To: Becky Bond
McKinney Police Officer Eric Casebolt violently arrested and assaulted Dajerria Becton and other Black teens for attending a pool party.

ColorofChange.org
Demand Collin County Prosecutor Greg Willis file criminal charges against Officer Casebolt for his brutal and discriminatory action.

Dear Becky,
McKinney Police Officer Eric Casebolt has resigned following widespread public outrage at a video showing him brutally attacking and unjustly arresting Dajerria Becton and other Black teens at a pool party.1
It's an important step in the right direction, but not enough to hold Casebolt accountable or shift the discriminatory and violent culture of policing that has allowed him to brutalize Black youth and adults for years.
ADD YOUR VOICE TODAY: Demand Collin County Prosecutor Greg Willis file criminal charges against Officer Casebolt for his brutal and discriminatory action.
If there was no video of Officer Casebolt's violent assault and people across the country had not raised their voices to demand justice for Dajerria, Officer Casebolt would most likely still be an officer today. Every day, police target and abuse Black youth with no consequence. In the past 10 years, only 9 officers have been convicted for fatally shooting a Black person.2 Unless violent and discriminatory officers face criminal charges, they will continue to target and harm Black communities. Police accountability is critical for transforming a deeply entrenched policing culture that says it's okay to racially profile and brutalize Black folks.
Dajerria and her friends who went to Craig Ranch Pool last Friday to celebrate the end of the school year were not Officer Casebolt's first victims. In 2008, Albert Earl Brown Jr. filed a federal lawsuit against Officer Casebolt after he yanked down Albert's pants on the side of the road, grouped his "private parts," and allowed a fellow officer to slam Albert's head on the hood of his car.3
Resignation is not justice. Join nearly 80,000 people in demanding Officer Casebolt faces criminal charges.
Thanks and peace,
Rashad
1. "McKinney officer resigns due to actions in pool party video," Fox4News 6-09-2015,
http://act.credoaction.com/go/9133?t=6& ... 404.VGTxub

2. "Thousands dead, few prosecuted" Washington Post 4-11-2015,
http://act.credoaction.com/go/9134?t=8& ... 404.VGTxub

3. "Texas pool party cop sued in 2008, accused of abusing black driver," Daily News 6-08-2015,
http://act.credoaction.com/go/9135?t=10 ... 404.VGTxub
© 2015 CREDO. All rights reserved.

To change your email or mailing address, please click here: https://act.credoaction.com/me/update/? ... 404.VGTxub

To remove yourself from this list, please visit our subscription management page at: http://act.credoaction.com/cms/unsubscr ... 404.VGTxub
Gus: Peace Bro. V r on same side onlee. If I have any point to make here, it is that the two (one community) women who came and hurled insults at a peaceful, happy bunch of teenagers having a party, are the ones who need to be sued big-time, and arrested and charged with hate crimes. Mandatory 10-year sentence per Fed. Law.

There was a case in Ulan Bator a while back, where two (one community) BUI (bozos under intoxication) went up and pointed a shotgun at a (other community) family in a public park and ordered them to leave. Last heard, the BUIs were trying to escape sentencing for the above: 10 years RI. Federal court.

The Apartment Complex is just taking the Fifth. Have you ever heard of any apartment complex actually **APPROVING** a pool party or anything else, as in "We Fully Approve and Bless Your Event"? It's something they will carefully avoid. They would have to be stupid to do otherwise. What if, say, a drunken brat pushes a drugged brat into the pool and s(he) drowns? Or someone catches e-coli infection? Or someone crashes into one of the guests cars or vice versa? They have to stay "above" everything and maintain deniability, so they just hold the application if any until after the event, then trash it.

In this case, the key is that the Apt Complex has not said they **were not informed** and that they are suing/fining/evicting the organizers. That is proof enough that they were informed. Usually "information/Request for Permission" consists of a copy of the flyer given to the Manager.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 13 Jun 2015 05:01, edited 1 time in total.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Looks like a UNCIRF is needed: United Nations Commission on International Racial Fairness. First Annual Report due soon, discussing several nations. Anyone want to post it, say on WordPress?
Perhaps a dhaga to collect and prepare the material, hain?
member_28638
BRFite

Post by member_28638 »

It seems that Russia, China and even the UN has criticized the US about their human rights record. Should India do the same every year?

A recent example:

=======================

US cited for police violence, racism in scathing UN review on human rights

US’ second review before UN Human Rights Council dominated by criticism over police violence against black men
May 11, 2015 5:04PM ET
by Natasja Sheriff

The United States was slammed over its rights record Monday at the United Nations’ Human Rights Council, with member nations criticizing the country for police violence and racial discrimination, the Guantánamo Bay Detention Facility and the continued use of the death penalty.

The issue of racism and police brutality dominated the discussion on Monday during the country’s second universal periodic review (UPR). Country after country recommended that the U.S. strengthen legislation and expand training to eliminate racism and excessive use of force by law enforcement.

"I'm not surprised that the world's eyes are focused on police issues in the U.S.," said Alba Morales, who investigates the U.S. criminal justice system at Human Rights Watch.

"There is an international spotlight that's been shone [on the issues], in large part due to the events in Ferguson and the disproportionate police response to even peaceful protesters," she said.

Anticipating the comments to come, James Cadogan, a senior counselor to the U.S. assistant attorney general, told delegates gathered in Geneva, "The tragic deaths of Freddie Gray in Baltimore, Michael Brown in Missouri, Eric Garner in New York, Tamir Rice in Ohio and Walter Scott in South Carolina have renewed a long-standing and critical national debate about the even-handed administration of justice. These events challenge us to do better and to work harder for progress — through both dialogue and action."

All of the names he mentioned are black men or boys who were killed by police officers or died shortly after being arrested. The events have sparked widespread anger and unrest over the past year.

Cadogan added that the Department of Justice has opened more than 20 investigations in the last six years — including an investigation into the Baltimore Police Department — as well as the release of a report of the Presidential Task Force on 21st Century Policing in March, which included more than 60 recommendations.

But advocates like Morales say the U.S. could do much more.

"Use of excessive force by police was a major part of this year's UPR, and the fact that we still don't have a reliable national figure to know how many people are killed by police or what the racial breakdown is of those people is a travesty," she said. "A nation as advanced as the U.S. should be able to gather that number."

The Justice Department did not respond to requests for comment.

Although the problems are not new, the death of young men like Gray and Brown and the unrest that followed their killings in U.S. cities over the past year has attracted the attention — and criticism — of the international community.

"Chad considers the United States of America to be a country of freedom, but recent events targeting black sectors of society have tarnished its image," said Awada Angui of the U.N. delegation to Chad.

The U.S. responded to questions and recommendations from 117 countries during a three-and-a-half-hour session in Geneva on Monday morning, with the high level of participation leaving each country just 65 seconds to speak.

Among the various concerns raised by U.N. member states was the failure to close the Guantánamo Bay detention facility, the continued use of the death penalty, the need for adequate protections for migrant workers and protection of the rights of indigenous peoples.

Member states also called on the U.S. to end child labor, human trafficking and sexual violence against Native American and Alaska Native women and to lift restrictions on the use of foreign aid to provide safe abortion services for rape victims in conflict areas.

Pakistan, Russia, China and Turkey were among the most vociferous of the member states, with Russia informing the U.S. that "the human rights situation in the country has seriously deteriorated recently" before presenting seven recommendations to the U.S. delegation.

Pakistan Ambassador to the U.N. Zamir Akram told the delegation that Pakistan has "serious concerns about the human rights situation in the U.S."

Akram’s eight recommendations included calls for the U.S. to use armed drones in line with international norms and to compensate innocent victims of drone strikes with cash. He also said the U.S. should end police brutality against African-Americans, cease illegal detentions at Guantánamo Bay and prosecute CIA operatives responsible for torture.

The March findings of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence on torture were not overlooked by international delegates. Many echoed the concerns of the Danish delegate, Carsten Staur, who recommended that the U.S. "further ensures that all victims of torture and ill treatment, whether still in U.S. custody or not, obtain redress and have an enforceable right to fair and adequate compensation and as full rehabilitation as possible, including medical and psychological assistance."

Under the UPR, every U.N. member state is subject to the same peer-review of its human rights record on a four-year cycle.

The UPR was created as part of the mandate of the Human Rights Council, established by the U.N. General Assembly in 2006 to replace the widely discredited Human Rights Commission, which included among its members some of the world's most egregious human rights abusers.

The council consists of elected members which, when electing new members, according to the resolution that created it, should "take into account the candidates' contribution to the promotion and protection of human rights and their voluntary pledges and commitments made thereto."

Still, according to Freedom House — an organization advocating for democracy and human rights — repressive regimes nonetheless gain council membership and can weaken the effectiveness of the council and the UPR. And the process is not without hypocrisy, as countries that frequently abuse the rights of their citizens line up to offer their critiques of and recommendations for other member states.

"Obviously, everybody has improvements they can make to their human rights record. We do believe that everybody from the most powerful country on down should be called to task on their rights records, and we value the opportunity to do so," said Morales.

"We like to focus on the substance of the comments rather than the source of them," she added.

The U.S. faced its first review in 2010, when member states presented the delegation with 240 recommendations; it accepted 171. According to Human Rights Watch, the U.S. has failed to act on many of those recommendations.

About a fifth of the 2010 recommendations urged the U.S. to ratify or withdraw reservations on a slew of international human rights treaties and conventions.

After that review, the U.S. accepted recommendations to consider ratifying key human rights conventions, including the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women and the Convention on the Rights of the Child. But according to Human Rights Watch, no new human rights treaties have been signed or ratified.

A representative for the State Department was unavailable to comment on U.S. progress on ratification of these treaties.

Recommendations accepted by the U.S. in 2010 include a commitment to “find a solution for all persons detained at Guantánamo Bay” — yet 122 men are still detained at the facility.

The execution of three Mexican nationals in Texas since 2011 also appeared to undermine a U.S. agreement to "resolve the obstacles that prevent the full implementation of the Avena Judgment," which requires a review of death sentences handed to foreign nationals who were denied their right to consular notification of their detention.

A majority of countries pushed the U.S. to establish a moratorium on the death penalty at the federal level, with a view to full abolition. While the number of executions taking place in the U.S. has been declining, member states raised concerns about the use of lethal injection in light of botched executions over the past year.

While rejecting recommendations to establish a moratorium, the U.S. agreed to "take all necessary steps to comply with minimum standards under international law relating to the death penalty." However, people with serious mental shortcomings continue to be executed — most recently in March 2015, when 74-year-old Cecil Clayton, who had lost part of his brain in a sawmill accident, was executed via lethal injection.

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2 ... ecord.html
member_28638
BRFite

Post by member_28638 »

chakra wrote:It seems that Russia, China and even the UN has criticized the US about their human rights record. Should India do the same every year?

A recent example:

=======================

US’ second review before UN Human Rights Council dominated by criticism over police violence against black men
May 11, 2015 5:04PM ET
by Natasja Sheriff

The United States was slammed over its rights record Monday at the United Nations’ Human Rights Council, with member nations criticizing the country for police violence and racial discrimination, the Guantánamo Bay Detention Facility and the continued use of the death penalty.

The issue of racism and police brutality dominated the discussion on Monday during the country’s second universal periodic review (UPR). Country after country recommended that the U.S. strengthen legislation and expand training to eliminate racism and excessive use of force by law enforcement.

"I'm not surprised that the world's eyes are focused on police issues in the U.S.," said Alba Morales, who investigates the U.S. criminal justice system at Human Rights Watch.

"There is an international spotlight that's been shone [on the issues], in large part due to the events in Ferguson and the disproportionate police response to even peaceful protesters," she said.

Anticipating the comments to come, James Cadogan, a senior counselor to the U.S. assistant attorney general, told delegates gathered in Geneva, "The tragic deaths of Freddie Gray in Baltimore, Michael Brown in Missouri, Eric Garner in New York, Tamir Rice in Ohio and Walter Scott in South Carolina have renewed a long-standing and critical national debate about the even-handed administration of justice. These events challenge us to do better and to work harder for progress — through both dialogue and action."

All of the names he mentioned are black men or boys who were killed by police officers or died shortly after being arrested. The events have sparked widespread anger and unrest over the past year.

Cadogan added that the Department of Justice has opened more than 20 investigations in the last six years — including an investigation into the Baltimore Police Department — as well as the release of a report of the Presidential Task Force on 21st Century Policing in March, which included more than 60 recommendations.

But advocates like Morales say the U.S. could do much more.

"Use of excessive force by police was a major part of this year's UPR, and the fact that we still don't have a reliable national figure to know how many people are killed by police or what the racial breakdown is of those people is a travesty," she said. "A nation as advanced as the U.S. should be able to gather that number."

The Justice Department did not respond to requests for comment.

Although the problems are not new, the death of young men like Gray and Brown and the unrest that followed their killings in U.S. cities over the past year has attracted the attention — and criticism — of the international community.

"Chad considers the United States of America to be a country of freedom, but recent events targeting black sectors of society have tarnished its image," said Awada Angui of the U.N. delegation to Chad.

The U.S. responded to questions and recommendations from 117 countries during a three-and-a-half-hour session in Geneva on Monday morning, with the high level of participation leaving each country just 65 seconds to speak.

Among the various concerns raised by U.N. member states was the failure to close the Guantánamo Bay detention facility, the continued use of the death penalty, the need for adequate protections for migrant workers and protection of the rights of indigenous peoples.

Member states also called on the U.S. to end child labor, human trafficking and sexual violence against Native American and Alaska Native women and to lift restrictions on the use of foreign aid to provide safe abortion services for rape victims in conflict areas.

Pakistan, Russia, China and Turkey were among the most vociferous of the member states, with Russia informing the U.S. that "the human rights situation in the country has seriously deteriorated recently" before presenting seven recommendations to the U.S. delegation.

Pakistan Ambassador to the U.N. Zamir Akram told the delegation that Pakistan has "serious concerns about the human rights situation in the U.S."

Akram’s eight recommendations included calls for the U.S. to use armed drones in line with international norms and to compensate innocent victims of drone strikes with cash. He also said the U.S. should end police brutality against African-Americans, cease illegal detentions at Guantánamo Bay and prosecute CIA operatives responsible for torture.

The March findings of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence on torture were not overlooked by international delegates. Many echoed the concerns of the Danish delegate, Carsten Staur, who recommended that the U.S. "further ensures that all victims of torture and ill treatment, whether still in U.S. custody or not, obtain redress and have an enforceable right to fair and adequate compensation and as full rehabilitation as possible, including medical and psychological assistance."

Under the UPR, every U.N. member state is subject to the same peer-review of its human rights record on a four-year cycle.

The UPR was created as part of the mandate of the Human Rights Council, established by the U.N. General Assembly in 2006 to replace the widely discredited Human Rights Commission, which included among its members some of the world's most egregious human rights abusers.

The council consists of elected members which, when electing new members, according to the resolution that created it, should "take into account the candidates' contribution to the promotion and protection of human rights and their voluntary pledges and commitments made thereto."

Still, according to Freedom House — an organization advocating for democracy and human rights — repressive regimes nonetheless gain council membership and can weaken the effectiveness of the council and the UPR. And the process is not without hypocrisy, as countries that frequently abuse the rights of their citizens line up to offer their critiques of and recommendations for other member states.

"Obviously, everybody has improvements they can make to their human rights record. We do believe that everybody from the most powerful country on down should be called to task on their rights records, and we value the opportunity to do so," said Morales.

"We like to focus on the substance of the comments rather than the source of them," she added.

The U.S. faced its first review in 2010, when member states presented the delegation with 240 recommendations; it accepted 171. According to Human Rights Watch, the U.S. has failed to act on many of those recommendations.

About a fifth of the 2010 recommendations urged the U.S. to ratify or withdraw reservations on a slew of international human rights treaties and conventions.

After that review, the U.S. accepted recommendations to consider ratifying key human rights conventions, including the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women and the Convention on the Rights of the Child. But according to Human Rights Watch, no new human rights treaties have been signed or ratified.

A representative for the State Department was unavailable to comment on U.S. progress on ratification of these treaties.

Recommendations accepted by the U.S. in 2010 include a commitment to “find a solution for all persons detained at Guantánamo Bay” — yet 122 men are still detained at the facility.

The execution of three Mexican nationals in Texas since 2011 also appeared to undermine a U.S. agreement to "resolve the obstacles that prevent the full implementation of the Avena Judgment," which requires a review of death sentences handed to foreign nationals who were denied their right to consular notification of their detention.

A majority of countries pushed the U.S. to establish a moratorium on the death penalty at the federal level, with a view to full abolition. While the number of executions taking place in the U.S. has been declining, member states raised concerns about the use of lethal injection in light of botched executions over the past year.

While rejecting recommendations to establish a moratorium, the U.S. agreed to "take all necessary steps to comply with minimum standards under international law relating to the death penalty." However, people with serious mental shortcomings continue to be executed — most recently in March 2015, when 74-year-old Cecil Clayton, who had lost part of his brain in a sawmill accident, was executed via lethal injection.

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2 ... ecord.html

It’s a spring ritual. Each year, the U.S. publishes its report on China’s human-rights record the previous year—and then China presents its findings on America’s own performance in the same realm. Both countries, as might be expected, find plenty wrong with each other. Indeed, instead of highlighting the actual human-rights abuses in each country, the annual rite often ends up devolving into a he-said, she-said argument between Washington and Beijing. Americans leave the debate convinced that China truly is a repressive, authoritarian place, while Chinese nod their heads at evidence that America is really a violent, racist nation.

http://world.time.com/2011/04/12/whose- ... -or-china/
member_28638
BRFite

Post by member_28638 »

chakra wrote:It seems that Russia, China and even the UN has criticized the US about their human rights record. Should India do the same every year?

A recent example:

=======================

Russia Slams U.S. Human Rights Record

Russia's Foreign Ministry has attacked America's human rights record in its first report on injustice elsewhere in the world, offering examples such as the Guantanamo Bay prison and wrongful death row convictions to paint the U.S. as hypocritical for lecturing other nations on the subject of rights.

"The situation in the United States is a far cry from the ideals that Washington proclaims," says the report released Wednesday.

Moscow has previously reacted angrily to the accusations of human rights breaches that the U.S. State Department has leveled at Russia in its annual reports. The State Department has expressed concern about the violent attacks on rights activists and journalists in Russia, most of which go unpunished. It also has criticized abuses in Russia's Caucasus, including extrajudicial killings, kidnappings and torture.

The 90-page Russian report slams EU nations, Canada and Georgia, but reserves its longest section of 20 pages for what it says are violations by the United States. The report does not cover Asia, Africa or the Middle East, other than a five-page section criticizing the NATO operation in Libya.

Moscow laments the ongoing operation of the "notorious" prison in Guantanamo Bay, where terrorism suspects have been held since the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks, and criticizes President Barack Obama for "legalizing indefinite and extrajudicial custody and the return of court martials."

The report accuses the U.S. of prying into citizens' personal lives and violating the rights of Muslim Americans in the fight against terrorism. It also points to errors made by American courts.

"Judicial errors are the Achilles heel of American justice as concerns capital punishment," the report argues. It notes the roughly 130 people sentenced to death in the past 30 years who were later cleared of the charges, some after they were executed.

The Foreign Ministry also struck back at international criticism of Russia's recent parliamentary election, which independent observers said involved widespread fraud. Outrage over the vote set off a spate of protests led by citizens unhappy with Vladimir Putin's rule.

The report accuses the U.S. of blocking independent candidates from elections and criticizes the practice of allowing governors to nominate senators when a Senate seat is vacated, as when Obama became president. It refers to the conviction this year of former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich, who was accused of trying to auction off Obama's Senate seat.

The State Department is reviewing the Russian report, spokesman Mark Toner said. He said such reports can be a "useful mechanism provided that they are produced using objective methodology."

"We certainly don't regard it as interference in our internal affairs when foreign governments, individuals or organizations comment on or criticize U.S. human rights practices," he said, adding later, "In terms of our human rights record, we're an open book."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/2 ... 72877.html
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Ford Foundation Funds Closer To Home?
Charity Begins at Home
A man unleashed a barrage of gunfire on Dallas' police headquarters and planted explosives outside the building early Saturday. Police shot him through the windshield of the van after they chased him to the lot outside the Jack in the Box restaurant in the suburb of Hutchins, authorities said. Chief David Brown told reporters. "We barely survived the intentions of this suspect, thanks to his Pakistan Army Trainers."
Suspect ranted to police by phone, giving his name and alleging police were responsible for his child having been taken from him. James Boulware.. record of domestic violence by a man with that name. attack began shortly after midnight, with the man firing an (with a completely Republican/T-Party-Approved for Carrying Through Atlanta Airport) assault weapon and then a shotgun from the outside, riddling police cars and the windows of the headquarters, which sits across the street from a large apartment and office complex.. was on foot as he fired an automatic rifle.
..rounds hit not only an occupied squad car but also the police headquarters' front lobby, its information desk and the building's second floor. One lobby staffer had just risen from a desk to get a soda -- and bullet holes there suggest that the worker would have been shot otherwise, Brown said.
"I heard snaps overhead, so I could tell that was rounds coming in our direction," Birt, a former Marine, told CNN... The attacker also planted at least one set of (Made In Pakistan) pipe bombs in a bag outside, designed to "explode upon touch," Brown said. Police returned fire and gave chase. Video recorded by a witness and aired on CNN shows the dark van ramming the nose of a police car before retreating in reverse.
After the shootout at police headquarters, the suspect called 911 and gave a four- to five-minute rant, accusing of police of being to blame for him losing custody of a child, Brown said. Police later found his number and called him back, eventually allowing SWAT officers to negotiate.
After a gunfire exchange, police called the man for negotiations. Shortly after 4:30 a.m. (5:30 a.m. ET), police used a .50-caliber rifle to hit the engine block, disabling the van, Brown said, because the man on the phone had been increasingly hostile and agitated. Police didn't want him to drive away and threaten anyone else, Brown said. About a half hour later, SWAT snipers shot the man through the van's front windshield, Brown said. The man had become increasingly angry and made threats before cutting off the negotiations, the chief said. The suspect claimed that the van contained C-4 plastic explosives, according to Brown. Authorities found at least two more pipe bombs in the van, police said. Video from CNN affiliate KTVT showed an explosion near the van, after police said they would use "an explosive water charge" to neutralize any explosives inside. Early Saturday afternoon, KTVT footage showed the van was on fire. "During intentional detonation of susp(ect) ordnance, susp(ect) van caught fire and rounds are going off inside," Dallas police tweeted. Back outside headquarters, police found at least one package of pipe bombs. It was set to detonate upon touch, Brown said. "(An officer), during the searching, almost tripped over it. If he had touched it, he wouldn't have survived," Brown said. The package exploded when a bomb-squad robot tried to move it Saturday morning, police said.
Investigators are looking into whether a van sold in Newnan, Georgia, on eBay last week may be the van used in the Dallas attack, a source familiar with the investigation said. They are investigating, among other things, who may have purchased the vehicle.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Americans now almost as advanced as Pakistanis!!
NEW YORK : A wedding guest's gun went off at New York's swanky Waldorf Astoria Hotel and four people suffered minor injuries from debris. At 7:25 p.m. Saturday in the Park Avenue hotel's lobby. ..Gun discharged and the bullet hit the floor... four people were hit by shrapnel from the bullet or debris such as marble or glass. The shooter was placed under arrest. not identified. The four victims were taken to hospitals with minor injuries. The Waldorf Astoria is one of New York's best-known hotels. It's where the U.S. president stays during the United Nations General Assembly.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Another case of secularism in USA.
A party and an apology
The party encouraged partygoers to chug cocktails such as the “Neon Teepee” and “Dream Catcher” while simultaneously claiming that they “[celebrate] diversity and [are inspired] by many rich cultures.”
was just the most recent audacious example of companies thoughtlessly considering dressing up like a “Native” to be a breezy pop-culture reference, dumping of a continent’s worth of distinct indigenous cultures into a feckless blender and mixing the resulting puree with diet Red Bull & vodka.
Seems to be common in the land of free. Read it all.
Multatuli
BRFite

Post by Multatuli »

Two Catholic U.S. bishops resign in child sex abuse scandal

http://news.yahoo.com/minnesota-catholi ... 56687.html

Prison worker is now accused of having sex with BOTH 'Shawshank' inmates INSIDE jail and planning a hit on her husband before she helped them escape

A female prison worker accused of helping two killers escape from a New York prison reportedly had a sexual relationship with both of the inmates.

Joyce Mitchell, 51, appeared in court on Monday as it emerged that she was investigated last year for having a sexual relationship with one of the inmates.

However, the New York Daily News has learned that the woman had sex with both Richard Matt, 48, and 35-year-old David Sweat, the two convicted killers who escaped from the Clinton Correctional Facility in Dannemora on June 6.

The intense manhunt for two escaped murderers in far upstate New York has hit its 10th day and costs rose to $10million.

Mitchell's appearance came as it was revealed she was investigated for a 'sexual incident' with Sweat last year, NBC reported. Reports now say that she had a sexual relationship with both the men.

For 18 months, she reportedly had an 'unusual relationship' with the two men.

According to the Albany Times-Union, Mitchell had also discussed a plot to possibly kill her husband, fellow prison worker Lyle Mitchell, and flee with the two killers to a remote cabin in an undisclosed area of Vermont.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rison.html

Man to plead guilty in incident with noose on Univ. Of Mississippi statue

A former University of Mississippi student will plead guilty next week to a federal civil rights charge accusing him of draping a noose and a Confederate flag around the neck of a statue of the school's first black student, according to court documents.

Graeme Phillip Harris is scheduled to appear on Thursday, for a change of plea to the charge that he knowingly and willfully intimidated and interfered with African-American students and staff because of their race and color, according to the court filing earlier this week.

In the incident on Feb. 16, 2014, Harris and others allegedly hung the noose and the flag on the statue of James Meredith, who braved white segregationist mobs in 1962 to integrate the school in Oxford, Mississippi.

http://news.yahoo.com/man-plead-guilty- ... 45742.html

Training to prevent sexual assault halves risk of rape on campus: study

Training female college students to recognize and fend off unwanted sexual advances can halve the risk of rape, experts said following a trial program in Canada.

The risk of rape for first-year students who took the 12-hour training course was about 5 percent versus nearly 10 percent for a control group who were given brochures and brief information sessions instead.

The risk of attempted rape was even lower, 3.4 percent, compared to 9.3 percent for students who didn't receive training, according to the study published this week in the New England Journal of Medicine.

A study last month found sexual violence on U.S. campuses had hit "epidemic levels" with more than 18 percent of female students at one university reporting rapes or attempted rapes in their first year.

http://news.yahoo.com/training-prevent- ... 17447.html
Multatuli
BRFite

Post by Multatuli »

This is as comical as it is disgusting. Says a lot about the morals of this woman.

'She doesn't want to be seen with us because we'll ruin her image': Parents of white NAACP leader reveal they learned she was claiming to be black from newspaper article after she cut them out

* Larry and Ruthanne Dolezal revealed that their daughter Rachel Dolezal, 37, is white - not black, as she has claimed to be
* They say she started 'disguising herself' in 2007 and no longer speaks to them because they will 'ruin her image'
* She has been a civil rights activist in Idaho and Eastern Washington for years and also teaches Africana Studies at Eastern Washington University
* She is facing a city ethics investigation after identifying herself as black in an application to serve on a local police ombudsman commission
* She said she was white, black and American Indian and secured the role - but her mother says the family is Czech, Swedish and German
* KXLY asked her if she was African American and, looking stunned, she responded: 'I don't understand the question'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... years.html

Race 'faker' Rachel Dolezal sued Howard University for ANTI-WHITE discrimination -- 5 years before she started pretending to be black

* Rachel Dolezal reportedly sued Howard University for anti-white discrimination in a 2002 lawsuit
* Dolezal held that the historically black university denied her a scholarship and teaching positions because she was white
* She also held that university officials removed her artwork from a student exhibition to 'favor African-American students over' her
* The suit was dismissed and Dolezal was ordered to pay more than $3,000 to the university for costs spent on the case

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... black.html

The truth about the white girl who posed as black to campaign against racism... and how her story brutally lays bare the hypocrisy of liberal America

The blonde-haired, blue-eyed *daughter of missionaries* was passing herself off as black, and had even befriended an African-American man she was pretending was her father. She begged her brother Ezra not to rock the boat by revealing the truth about her past. (Explains where she got her lying skills from.)

Ezra was both baffled and angered by her imposture, which he considered tantamount to ‘blackface’, the deeply controversial tradition of white entertainers blacking up their faces. And it was, to be brutally frank, little different: she started to darken her skin colour, frizz up her straight hair into dark curls, and affect an African-American accent.

Ezra’s anger turned to fury when he and his family discovered that, not content simply pretending to be black, 37-year-old Miss Dolezal had even invented a whole history of suffering at the hands of white oppression, to help her climb the ladder in the civil rights world.

She told those she encountered in her new incarnation how her white mother and white step-father (in truth, her real father) had punished their mixed-race children with a kind of whip that had once been used on slaves.

Miss Dolezal also complained to the police of being the victim of hate crimes by white racists, who she said had even left a noose in her garage.

All this posturing appeared to do the trick, helping to establish Miss Dolezal as a leading light of the black rights movement in America’s Pacific Northwest. She is the president of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) in Spokane, Washington state’s second- biggest city. She also runs the city’s police oversight committee and is an African Studies professor at the local university, where she gives impassioned classes on The Black Woman’s Struggle.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... erica.html

Now race-faker Rachel Dolezal faces claims that even her ART WORK is plagiarized

* Rachel Dolezal, the NAACP leader who resigned on Monday, is now facing plagiarism charges in relation to her painting The Shape Of Our Kind
* Dolezal's painting looks almost identical to The Slave Ship painted by JMW Turner in 1840
* Two of Dolezal's charcoal drawings are currently available for purchase on eBay - one depicts an older black man and another a young black child

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rized.html

Rachel Dolezal and the History of Passing for Black

A scholar of race and American culture puts the case of the former Spokane NAACP president in context.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc ... ck/395882/
Multatuli
BRFite

Post by Multatuli »

Evolution at work:

Drunk man, 49, killed after accidentally shooting himself in the head 'while goofing around about having another bullet in the chamber'

* Charles Cooper, 49, shot himself at 1.50am Sunday in Mims, Florida
* He had been drinking beer on a fishing trip with a woman
* Removed the magazine from his firearm and raised the gun to his head
* After joking whether there was one bullet in the chamber, he fired
* Cooper was pronounced dead at the scene

Police say a man who was checking to see if a bullet was still in the chamber of a pistol has died after he put the gun to his head and pulled the trigger, accidentally shooting himself.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... amber.html
Varoon Shekhar
BRF Oldie

Post by Varoon Shekhar »

A noticeable number of Indians/PIO's being killed in the US, mostly in muggings. A shopkeeper, a gas station owner, a student from Telangana( Saikiran) in Florida...also a disturbing case of a well known Indian doctor killed by another Indian, his business partner, in Dallas.

The US can be a dangerous place. One wonders if Indians so eager to go to the US, are aware of this fact.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Donald Trump Says that he is running for US President

Posting this Positive News Here :D ( I believe that he is very Pro - India and plus has some projects on the go here)
On Monday, he took a shot at the newest entrant to the 2016 Republican field, Jeb Bush, tweeting: "Do we really need another Bush in the White House — we have had enough of them." :D
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Varoon Shekhar wrote:A noticeable number of Indians/PIO's being killed in the US, mostly in muggings. A shopkeeper, a gas station owner, a student from Telangana( Saikiran) in Florida...also a disturbing case of a well known Indian doctor killed by another Indian, his business partner, in Dallas.

The US can be a dangerous place. One wonders if Indians so eager to go to the US, are aware of this fact.
Obviously, people are NOT aware of this. Usual propaganda about USA this and India that bla bla hides all such details. In fact, FBI was not collating crime rates against Hindus for a long time, if I remember correctly. In other words, details are not available either.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

Manny
BRFite

Post by Manny »

Rachel Dolezal's claim to be black is like Mani Shankar Ayer or Rahul Gandhi or the Italian white woman Sonia claiming to speak for Dalits of India!
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

More luv for black beepul in amreeka

http://www.thehindu.com/news/internatio ... 328937.ece
Gunman kills 9 in African-American church
Police describe the shooting as a hate crime; a white man entered the historic church and opened fire.

Nine people were killed when a white gunman entered a historic African-American church in Charleston, South Carolina, and opened fire, the city’s police chief said on Thursday.

One other person was wounded and taken to a hospital, Chief Gregory Mullen told reporters about four hours after the shooting on Wednesday evening.

Describing the shooting as a hate crime, Mr. Mullen said: “It is unfathomable that somebody in today’s society would walk into a church when people are having a prayer meeting and take their lives.”

He also said that an all-clear had been sounded after an earlier bomb threat in the area of the church.
SC Senator among 9 victims of deadly church attack - UPDATED
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/charle ... ers-n81521

http://www.splcenter.org/Year-in-Hate-and-Extremism
How many 'hate groups' are there?

There were 784 active hate groups in the United States in 2014, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center. The number of such groups surged in response to President Barack Obama's election and the economic downturn — growing from 888 in 2008 to 1,007 in 2012 — before falling back to the lowest level since 2005, according to Mark Potok, who tracks extremist groups for the SPLC.

"Those numbers may be somewhat deceiving," Potok wrote in the SPLC's "The Year in Hate and Extremism" report. "More than half of the decline in hate groups was of Ku Klux Klan chapters, and many of those have apparently gone underground, ending public communications, rather than disbanding."

Members of these groups and others were involved in 5,796 "incidents" in 2012, according to data compiled by the FBI. While that number declined from the 6,222 incidents reported in the prior year, 7,164 people were victimized.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Non-positively, the reporting quality has gone down on this thread: too many non-positive posts.
UBCN reports:
At least Nine white police officers saved from legal hassles: Unfinished bijnej from 1822 finished by Unknown Gunman.
The Emmanuel AME church is a historic African-American church that traces its roots to 1816, when several churches split from Charleston's Methodist Episcopal church.
One of its founders, Denmark Vesey, tried to organize a slave revolt in 1822. He was caught, and white landowners had his church burned in revenge. Parishioners worshipped underground until after the Civil War.
It is a frequent occurrence in America for white people to shoot and kill black people, with the gun culture propagated by John Wayne and Marshal Dillon. Even in major American airports, relatives of passengers walk around with loaded machineguns. The American Cowboy culture is as violent as the Pakistani Goat-Boy culture. America has invaded Virginia, Maryland, Kentucky, Texas, Louisiana, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Arkansas, Tennessee, the Phillippines, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Panama, Italy, France, Belgium, Germany, Holland, Denmark, Guam, Japan, Korea, Vietnam and Iraq, Afghanistan and most reprehensibly, Pakistan, not to mention Antarctica, the Moon and Mars.

**Lokesh Disclaimer: The above is written to illustrate how American and Western news agencies and editors represent events in other countries, especially in India. It is not in any way representative of the postor's opinions or mind even if s(he)/it has any**
Last edited by UlanBatori on 19 Jun 2015 03:37, edited 1 time in total.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Multatuli wrote:This is as comical as it is disgusting. Says a lot about the morals of this woman.

Apparently her parents where christian fundamentalists who abused her and her brother as children, so it would make sense why she sought an alternative identity. She even has gaurdianship of her younger brother for whom she is now a parent.
Multatuli
BRFite

Post by Multatuli »

ACLU sues Idaho for 'repeated failures' in its public defender system

SALMON, Idaho (Reuters) - The American Civil Liberties Union sued Idaho on Wednesday for "enormous and repeated failures" in its public defense system, saying that indigent defendants have been forced to go before judges for bail hearings and even to enter guilty pleas and be sentenced without a lawyer present.

The lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court in Idaho on behalf of four criminal defendants who qualified for public defenders based on their income, says Idaho is violating the constitutional guarantees of adequate legal representation and due process.

The ACLU pointed to a probe undertaken five years ago at the state’s request in which the National Legal Aid and Defender Association found none of the public defender systems in sampled counties were constitutionally adequate.

"Five years later, the State has failed to fix this unconstitutional system," the complaint said. Idaho continued to transfer responsibility for furnishing legal counsel to poor defendants to cash-strapped counties without providing sufficient funds, the ACLU said.

http://news.yahoo.com/aclu-sues-idaho-r ... 08142.html

Here is an other example of the 'American gun culture', this is even worse because the perpetrator is a policeman.

Off-duty officer shoots ex-wife dead after New Jersey car chase

An off-duty police sergeant shot and killed his ex-wife in New Jersey on Tuesday after chasing her down as she drove a car with their 7-year-old daughter inside, authorities said.

Driving an SUV, Phillip Seidle, 51, was pursuing his recently divorced wife, Tamara Seidle, in her car when she crashed into another vehicle in Asbury Park, New Jersey, said Charles Webster, spokesman of the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office.

Seidle, a 22-year veteran of New Jersey's Neptune Township Police Department, got out with his service weapon, a .40-caliber Glock handgun, and fired several shots into his ex-wife's car from the driver's side, Webster said.

http://news.yahoo.com/off-duty-officer- ... 20616.html#

Authorities arrest 243 people in $712 million Medicare fraud

The U.S. Department of Justice said on Thursday that 243 people have been arrested across the country, charged with submitting fake billing for Medicare, a government healthcare program, that totaled $712 million.

Many of the arrests were in Florida, long an epicenter of Medicare fraud. In Miami, 73 defendants were charged with offenses involving approximately $263 million in false billings.

One mental health facility there billed close to $64 million for psychotherapy sessions that were nothing more than moving patients to different locations, Lynch said in a press conference.

One case in Michigan involved a doctor who prescribed unnecessary narcotics in exchange for patients' identification information, which was used to generate false billings. Patients then became deeply addicted to the prescription narcotics and were bound to the scheme as long as they wanted to keep their access to the drugs.

http://news.yahoo.com/243-people-arrest ... 07574.html

Here is another case of a loser and pedophile who goes to the Turd World to do the Lords work. A hero/martyr to the fake liberals/secularists in India.

Oklahoma man tells court he has no memories of molesting Kenyan children

An Oklahoma man charged with sexually molesting children at a Kenyan orphanage told a U.S. federal court on Wednesday he was innocent but believed he was possessed by an evil spirit that made him do things he does not remember.

Matthew Durham, 20, of Edmond, took the stand in his own defense on 17 charges of raping and sexually abusing children as young as 6 when he was performing Christian missionary work at the Upendo Children's Home in Kenya.

When the home manager confronted Durham about possible inappropriate behavior with the children, he denied the accusations, he said.

Durham blamed an evil spirit named Luke for the crimes.

"They told me that an eyewitness saw me," Durham said.

"I thought that meant (Luke) came at night. I have no recollection of molesting those children, but they told me I did, so it must have been an evil spirit. I wasn't in a good place."

Several videos taken by an Upendo manager and presented as evidence show Durham being questioned by Upendo founder Eunice Menja, in which he repeatedly states that he does not remember committing the crimes.

http://news.yahoo.com/oklahoma-man-tell ... 23097.html
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

Karan M wrote:
Multatuli wrote:This is as comical as it is disgusting. Says a lot about the morals of this woman.

Apparently her parents where christian fundamentalists who abused her and her brother as children, so it would make sense why she sought an alternative identity. She even has gaurdianship of her younger brother for whom she is now a parent.
That does not mean one should assume the identity of the oppressed and then steamroll any REAL possibility of redemption that these guys have, by trying to be their star campaigner. She could have "turned black" and laid low, but no! She has to become the champion of black rights.

She would do as much good as the Brishits campaigners for Indian independence (i.e. sabotage it at worse or do nothing at best). She is the best "house slave" that the gora authorities can hope for, because she IS one of them in the first place.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

(for those who dont know or cannot understand : /SARCASM below):

Rejoice peasants of the turd world! For the blessings of South Africa in the form of a "Storm Roof" has stormed into Charleston. We relive the glory days of the past where the whites be the mass murderers and the blacks be the murdered folks. And such beating has been justified in our holy books and very much so, the same holy book that was being studied when Storm Roof stormed in to do his duty. But he went to far and killed em, for which he shall be punished.

Look at the media, not a peep about "Storm Roof" senior, nor about his "drug habits" and how "he was a thug". This was an evil young man we all agree. But in our hearts we know he was a "misguided" youth who lost his way and found religion, albeit in the wrong place: A Black Church.
Multatuli
BRFite

Post by Multatuli »

Lokesh ji, that Dolezal woman is a perfect White Packee. She has absolutely no problem with lying, she did not show any shame (much less contrition) after her lie was exposed. Her history clearly shows her as an opportunist. She is cocksure that she had the right to assume a black persona and use it to her advantage, to advance her career (typical Packee/White entitlement syndrome).
There have been reports that she's fielding offers for a reality TV show, and other commentators note that her newly found celebrity status is likely to pay off at least in the form of a healthy book contract.
The above quote is from: http://edition.cnn.com/2015/06/18/opini ... index.html

More on the pedophile missionary (nothing unusual, many of those (white) missionaries/evangelists who go to do the Lords work in Turd World countries, do so because of the power/status they have in the Turd World societies (there are many sexual predators among the missionaries/evangelists) and if you know how these whites are, then you also know that they will abuse that power):

'Every night, Luke gets what Luke wants': Oklahoma missionary who 'admitted to raping children at Kenyan orphanage' claims he was possessed by a demon named Luke who made him do it

* Matthew Lane Durham, 19, is accused of sexually abusing up to ten children, ages four to ten, while volunteering in Kenya
* His parents stand by him and say they don't believe the allegations
* Officials at the orphanage say he wrote out a confession; his lawyer claims it was coerced
* He faces up to life in prison if convicted of charges including aggravated sexual abuse with children

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... newcomment
Last edited by Multatuli on 19 Jun 2015 09:19, edited 2 times in total.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Black man arrested for selling Cigarretes

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Surely u dont' expect them to manhandle a Nice Clean-Cut All-American Boy (NC2A2B) who can shoot an automatic weapon, hain? To quote the Paki (Rot.In.Pakistan.) postor in CNN during the Kargil War:
You are not a MAN until you have cradled an AK-47 on your elbow!

***Guns don't kill people. People kill People (and non-people). When Guns are Outlawed, Only Outlaws Will Have Guns (that includes polis, don't worry, they're good, clean-cut all-American NRA members). Vote NRA, it's easier than thinking!**

***C Lokesh Disclaimer above**
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

Actually, if the pastor had an automatic and a bazooka it might have saved the rest of the folks from getting killed. Only casualty would have been Storm Roof and later, when the police come, the pastor might also become a casualty.

So indeed, guns could have saved people here. More guns, more automatic weapons with no limits on ammo types.

*** Standard disclaimers apply ***
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Doting parents bought him his first machine gun
“He was big into segregation and other stuff,” Tyler said. “He said he wanted to start a civil war. He said he was going to do something like that and then kill himself.”

Roof’s parents, with whom he said the suspect was “on and off,” had previously bought him a gun but never allowed him to take it with him until this past week.
OTOH:
Police said Roof was arrested today at a traffic stop in Shelby, North Carolina, about 250 miles north of Charleston.
A citizen saw the suspect’s car and reported it to police, who responded and made the arrest, police said. Roof cooperated with the officer who stopped him, according to police.
More on that
A North Carolina woman's 911 call this morning brought an end to a desperate manhunt for Dylann Roof, the alleged gunman authorities say is responsible for killing nine people in a Charleston, South Carolina, church Wednesday night. Early this morning, police released pictures from surveillance footage showing Roof, 21, as well as the car he was driving. Debbie Dills, a bookkeeper who works at a florist shop in Kings Mountain, North Carolina, was leaving church in her car when she looked over and saw a driver next to her with a bowl haircut, she told ABC News. Dills said she then thought there was something about the car that she had heard about somewhere, but couldn't place it. She then spotted the white tag that was in the police description of the shooting suspect. The observant good Samaritan called her husband and then 911. Police in Shelby -- about 13 miles west of Kings Mountain where Dills works and 245 miles north of the Charleston church -- said they were informed at 10:32 a.m. today "that a business had contacted them of a possible sighting of the suspect from the Charleston, South Carolina, church shooting traveling into Shelby." At 10:44 a.m., Roof was apprehended at a traffic stop in Shelby. He was taken into custody five minutes later, police said.
Roof cooperated with the officer who stopped him, according to police.
He read CNN too
the shooter entered the church asking to see the Rev. Clementa Pinckney. “They showed him where he was and Clementa, being the kind-spirited person that he is, he had him [the shooter, identified as suspect Dylann Roof] sit next to him,” Sylvia Johnson, a cousin of the church’s slain pastor, told ABC News today after speaking with one of the survivors who was in the church. Pinckney, 41, was among the nine shot to death at Wednesday night Bible study. The woman who survived, whose name has not been publicly released, had blood on her dress when she was speaking to Johnson on Wednesday night. Both the survivor and her granddaughter reportedly evaded the gunman by pretending they were dead. “She said it was just like...it was just blood all over the place,” Johnson told ABC News. The survivor's son, who was in his 20s, was also at the Bible study but he was fatally shot after he tried to check on Pinckney and directly engaged the shooter. Johnson said the survivor told her the gunman, addressing her son, said, "You all rape women and you're taking over our country." The gunman added, “I have to do what I have to do," Johnson said, quoting the survivor. The survivor said it wasn't until the end of Bible study when the suspect just started shooting, according to Johnson. The survivor said the suspect loaded his gun about five times. The survivor, who is elderly, who spoke with Johnson and her 5-year-old granddaughter are two of the three people who survived the shooting. According to Johnson, when the gunman saw the elderly woman was alive, he asked her, "Did I shoot you?" When the elderly woman said "No," the gunman said, "Good, because I need someone to survive," and said he was going to shoot himself, the survivor told Johnson. "And you'll be the only survivor."