Pathankot AFB terrorist Attack After Action Analysis-I

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Re: Pathankot AFB terrorist Attack After Action Analyisis-I

Post by shiv »

kit wrote:I suppose the NSA did not trust anyone else from the looks of it .. other than the NSG ..
With respect, this statement is like a toothpaste ad: "Dentists only trust Colgate" It looks like Dentists do not trust any other toothpaste.
JayS
Forum Moderator

Post by JayS »

srai wrote: One of the reports mentioned that 4 DSC were killed as they rushed to get into the mess area by a grenade, which could have been booby trapped, or UBGL launched, or thrown. Not clear if those 4 DSCs were armed or not, but they were facing well-trained spec ops type of terrorists and would have been hard to avoid casualties once they were already inside the perimeter. Contrary to some journos saying only if more army troops had been involved there would have been less casualties, some casualties would have been impossible to avoid. In Kashmir, for example, the army regularly loses soldiers and SF personnel to these well trained terrorists. Luck plays on both sides in close encounters. So it's unfair to call ex-servicemen DSCs to be not competent as portraited by some media.
There was a very nicely written article from some IA officer (retired may be) about how the losses in such operations are inevitable and how the loss of life will increase as the terrorist activities vane, since we will be using overwhelming man power to eliminate a handful of hidden terrorists many times and those handful terrorists will have first advantage to start firefight whenever they feel can inflict max damage.

It was perhaps posted on BRF only i think during one of the recent J&K operations. I can't remember any details to dig it out again. :oops: If anyone else remember, please share.

But it made sense to me that time, and by the same logic, even if GoI had flooded the IAF base by 50000 troops, there would have been significant casualties, since the hidden terrorists would have first advantage in most situations.
JayS
Forum Moderator

Post by JayS »

Has this been posted here before??

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/new ... 505309.cms

It was the United States that alerted India through intelligence channels
on Jaish-e-Mohammed terrorists sneaking into Pathankot. And that was possible because foreign agencies had Qasim Jaan, one of the three Pak-based handlers of Jaish-e-Mohammed, under its surveillance.
An attempt to discredit our own intelligence sources?? Its funny how US always knows impending attacks on us all the time and how they tip us off. We are so incompetent that we don't know what cooks up in our neighbourhood and how US saves the day for us always.
Rajput
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Rajput »

Karan M wrote: 4. Base (in) security. Gujjar Muslims happily squatting on base periphery, entering it as they wish.
BTW: it was Gujjar muslims who found the Kargil intruders and alerted the Indian authorities, allowing
us to counterattack before they could really settle in.

The sad part is: this (encroachment) is the norm in any major Defence installation. Sure, you can institute
all sorts of policies; but over time, the chalta hai creeps in. First someone greases the palms to graze
his cattle. Then he builds a little shack for rains... then some bricks are added ... till one day you have satellite
dishes and electricity. Given that 1000+ families live on the base, it is impossible to secure it completely.
That's why you need multiple defences: outer ring guarded by DSC; inner ring by crack guards who are equipped
with all sorts of sensors. Complement them with remote motion sensors, BFSRs, etc. And employ penetration testing
teams to keep them on their toes.

(Sorry, I tried to post this much sooner, but it didn't go through)
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

nileshjr wrote:Has this been posted here before??

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/new ... 505309.cms

It was the United States that alerted India through intelligence channels
on Jaish-e-Mohammed terrorists sneaking into Pathankot. And that was possible because foreign agencies had Qasim Jaan, one of the three Pak-based handlers of Jaish-e-Mohammed, under its surveillance.
An attempt to discredit our own intelligence sources?? Its funny how US always knows impending attacks on us all the time and how they tip us off. We are so incompetent that we don't know what cooks up in our neighbourhood and how US saves the day for us always.
Did any Indian agency refute this claim that it was US which gave the intelligence?
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

pakistan had given intelligence to US.
their thinking was better inform a neutral or friendly party rather than India who could in future turn around and say we receives none.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

how to insert a jpg file on my hard disk in chat window?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Rajput wrote:
Karan M wrote: 4. Base (in) security. Gujjar Muslims happily squatting on base periphery, entering it as they wish.
BTW: it was Gujjar muslims who found the Kargil intruders and alerted the Indian authorities, allowing

The sad part is: this (encroachment) is the norm in any major Defence installation. Sure, you can institute
all sorts of policies; but over time, the chalta hai creeps in. First someone greases the palms to graze
his cattle. Then he builds a little shack for rains... then some bricks are added ... till one day you have satellite
dishes and electricity. Given that 1000+ families live on the base, it is impossible to secure it completely.
That's why you need multiple defences: outer ring guarded by DSC; inner ring by crack guards who are equipped
with all sorts of sensors. Complement them with remote motion sensors, BFSRs, etc. And employ penetration testing

Terrorists will then attack children as they go to schools and women in markets. How many security rings will we need for that?
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

habal wrote:pakistan had given intelligence to US.
their thinking was better inform a neutral or friendly party rather than India who could in future turn around and say we receives none.
Yes, I too was thinking in similar vein.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

manjgu wrote:how to insert a jpg file on my hard disk in chat window?
Try copy paste
Try <ctrl> copy paste
Then <shift+ctrl>copy paste

All will not work

Then get an account in Photobucket, upload there and link the image
Or upload on Twitter and link here
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

PM Narendra Modi To Visit Pathankot Base Today
- PM Modi is also likely to conduct an aerial survey of the border areas today.

- PM Modi has conveyed to Mr Sharif that India wants to see urgent action taken against those who conceived and executed the attack.

(At a second high-level meeting on Friday, Mr Sharif reiterated his country's commitment to cooperate with India on investigating the attack
The meeting was attended by Pakistan's Army chief General Raheel Sharif, National Security Adviser Nasir Janjua and senior officer of Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence or ISI.
After a meeting on Thursday, PM Sharif ordered an investigation into evidence provided by India of the Pathankot attack by the six terrorists believed to belong to the Jaish-e-Mohammed )

- India has indicated to Pakistan that crucial talks between the Foreign Secretaries of both countries are unlikely to go ahead next week unless Pakistan delivers "prompt and decisive action" on the evidence it has given.

(The evidence furnished by India includes intercepts of phone calls made by the six terrorists. Ammunition and other equipment recovered from them after they were killed were made in Pakistan.
On Friday, security forces declared that the sprawling Air Force station in Pathankot was fully sanitized after a massive combing operation spanning over three days.
The sanitization operation had been on for the last three days after the six terrorists were gunned down in a four-day gunfight.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Officially at least .. per TOI:
Pakistan PM, Army & ISI chief all condemn Pathankot terror attack
The meeting [meeting chaired by Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and attended by Army chief, General Raheel Sharif, ISI chief, Lt Gen Rizwan Akhtar, DG Military Operations, National Security Advisor, Minister for Interior and Advisor to PM on Foreign Affairs].discussed the Pathankot attack, expressed condemnation of this incident, and reiterated the country's commitment to cooperate with India to completely eradicate the menace of terrorism afflicting our region," read a statement issued by PM Sharif's office.
Last edited by Amber G. on 09 Jan 2016 09:11, edited 1 time in total.
Baikul
BRFite

Post by Baikul »

srai wrote:Trickling in from post investigation are details on the level of corruption along the border areas.........................

Then, there were also inside elements in the armed forces (or hired contractors) who were being paid to provide info and shelter to the attackers. One IAF personnel had been arrested earlier. The section were the terrorists entered had their floodlights upturned. Given the amount of weapons and ammunition part of it could have been brought in and stored earlier along with two terrioists who were already inside for a much longer period of time. One Army's MES employee is being suspected for aiding the attackers.................
srai ji, is there a source for this?

Especially the part about terrorists entering through a section that had its floodlights upturned. (I am assuming you mean the base headlights)

I can understand connivance when people think they are making money facilitating a drug deal. But deliberately letting someone into an air base who clearly has no business there, well that's a different game.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

From TOI:
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

Baikul wrote:
srai wrote:Trickling in from post investigation are details on the level of corruption along the border areas.........................

Then, there were also inside elements in the armed forces (or hired contractors) who were being paid to provide info and shelter to the attackers. One IAF personnel had been arrested earlier. The section were the terrorists entered had their floodlights upturned. Given the amount of weapons and ammunition part of it could have been brought in and stored earlier along with two terrioists who were already inside for a much longer period of time. One Army's MES employee is being suspected for aiding the attackers.................
srai ji, is there a source for this?

Especially the part about terrorists entering through a section that had its floodlights upturned. (I am assuming you mean the base headlights)

I can understand connivance when people think they are making money facilitating a drug deal. But deliberately letting someone into an air base who clearly has no business there, well that's a different game.
Yes, some news items have reported this if I remember correctly. Anyway, isnt it obvious that terrorists couldnt have entered an air base which was already put on alert unless they had some insider help in the base?

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/ ... -detained/

So, there were 3 breaches:
terrorists crossing into India,
Travelling to base without being stopped during an alert and
entering the air base despite the alert.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

ArmenT
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by ArmenT »

Amber G. wrote:Looks uncanningly like K9 we once had....

One of "soldier" from canine (K9) squad which was pressed into service by the NSG.

(Link: picture from <this story section "K9s on Site">)
In the bottom of the above link, there's a list of stuff that was recovered from the six terrorists:
* Five AK 47
* Under-barrel grenade launcher
* Three pistols
* Three knives
* Three wire cutters
* 28 magazines of AK rifle
* 3 pistol magazines
* 40 to 50 kgs of bullets
* High explosives and mortars
* Wireless sets
* Injections
* Some tables lighters
* Indian currency
* handwritten notes in Urdu
I'm guessing at how they were organized, but some things aren't adding up quite right.

So it looks like 5 of them were armed with AKs and the sixth one was the mortar man. Presumably, the mortarman carried one of those pistols for defense and the other two were distributed one per team (or two to the four man team, assuming they were trying to split into 2 man groups later on, so it would be 3 squads of 2 each)? Knives and wire-cutters probably went together as well. I'm seeing reports of 3 breaches, therefore the theory of 3 squads of 2 each sounds plausible.

One UBGL reported, so probably one team has UBGL and AKs, another one with just AKs, third one with one AK and one mortar.

The odd one is the 28 mags. Normally, a standard load for most troops is 7 mags per person (except for mortarman and assistant, who generally carry less mags, since they're carrying projectiles), but this would mean that these are enough only for 4 persons. Perhaps it was 6 mags per person for the 4 terrorists, the fifth one carried 4 mags + mortar projectiles and the sixth was the mortarman. Or maybe some mags weren't recovered???
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

* Five AK 47
* Under-barrel grenade launcher
* Three pistols
* Three knives
* Three wire cutters
* 28 magazines of AK rifle
* 3 pistol magazines
* 40 to 50 kgs of bullets
* High explosives and mortars
* Wireless sets
* Injections
* Some tables lighters
* Indian currency
* handwritten notes in Urdu
This is a load that can be carried by 4 or 6 men. Does not require prior storage
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Rajput, and some Gujjar Muslims also help Pakistani infiltrators get into India today in Kashmir by acting as guides & path markers. Threats, inducements- whatever the reason, but it happens. The Kargil war happened after the Pakistanis had already settled in. Nobody took the initial warnings seriously.

The bigger point is about encroachment. If any group starts encroaching illegally they need to be chucked out. Our defence installations seem to think putting up high walls is the answer. But not really..
Rajput wrote:

vasu raya
BRFite

Post by vasu raya »

Tibri search over, ‘ultras’ may have fled
The massive search operation launched by the Army, BSF and Punjab Police to locate suspected terrorists in the area was called off today with senior officers claiming that the three-hour delay in informing the police had proved costly.

The incident, which came in the aftermath of the Pathankot air base attack, kept the city and its suburbs on tenterhooks for nearly 72 hours. By 4 pm, the last of the Armymen left the spot, indicating how the colossal exercise involving the usage of high-tech equipment, including drone cameras, had proved futile.

Officers had no answer as to how the drone picked up movements in the 15-acre sugarcane fields on the basis of which the operation lingered on for three days.

Unlike the July 27 (2015) Dinanagar attack, a clear chain of command was followed this time. The final orders were executed by the Army, though senior police officers and the BSF too were kept in the loop.

At the break of dawn, decks had been cleared for a SWAT (Special Weapons and Tactics) team to launch an assault. But the attack never materialised and the SWAT team entered the fields in two armoured vehicles and mowed down nearly 20 acres of standing crop.

After two hours, a five-minute meeting of Army and BSF commanders and the police officers was held wherein the decision to exit the operation was taken.

Officials are now claiming that the delay made by Satnam Singh, a resident of Pandher village near Tibri military area, to inform the police on January 6 evening about some suspicious movement proved costly.

“The terrorists might have exited the cane fields in those three hours and could have moved to another location,” said a police officer.

Questions are also being raised about the statement made by Lovepreet Singh (18), another resident who claimed that two men had beaten him up with a rifle butt last night when he was returning home from Tibri Cantonment.

With injury marks visible on his neck, he had maintained that he was riding a motorcycle when the men stepped out of the fields and attacked him. He was taken to the Army cantonment yesterday as well as today for questioning.

As nothing emerged, all check posts on the 22-km Gurdaspur-Mukerian stretch were removed by the evening.
Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya G »

IA BRDMs in Gurdaspur during search op:

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

kit wrote:I suppose the NSA did not trust anyone else from the looks of it .. other than the NSG ..
and how did you reach such a broad brushed conclusion?? just deep personal insight or you can actually quote some source??
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

shiv wrote: This is a heads you win tails they lose situation. If you read media reports the security staff are being severely criticized for not having procedures for emergencies and having to improvise for a situation. And here you are asking why procedure was followed - because, depending on the alert level off duty personnel may not be required to carry arms for a tea/toilet break
To be honest, I was not aware of the SOP in such situations which is why I asked a question because I was thinking that in such an emergency situation where 000s of civilians and strategic assets were at risk every security person on the base would be on the look out for terrorists.

I don't disagree with you on the fact that analysts are mostly analyzing how Modi Govt responded to intel and operation details without giving much attention to Pakistan.
member_29247
BRFite

Post by member_29247 »

When I said most of our problems are self made .... I wa s anti national

Now talk of Gujjars and Rajputs helping Kargil infiltrators its is fact talk

Some same difference here
Picklu
BRF Oldie

Post by Picklu »

srai wrote:
Picklu wrote: I guess it is a mixed bag given the current information. They may have failed in their final objective but in one sense those ******** succeeded the moment the first round was fired in our land. Need to take it out on their land, their home, their family.
Trickling in from post investigation are details on the level of corruption along the border areas. BSF, police and politicians were taking cuts from smugglers to allow them through. One BSF jawan has been arrested for taking Rs. 50,000 per safe passage. Two lights/TI equipment were put out of commission along the infiltration point. It is likely the SP and his jeweler friend were there to pick up "regular" consignment in an official vehicle, which allowed them to bypass security checkpoints. In any case, these guys they have caught are small frys; there are bigger frys above them.

Then, there were also inside elements in the armed forces (or hired contractors) who were being paid to provide info and shelter to the attackers. One IAF personnel had been arrested earlier. The section were the terrorists entered had their floodlights upturned. Given the amount of weapons and ammunition part of it could have been brought in and stored earlier along with two terrioists who were already inside for a much longer period of time. One Army's MES employee is being suspected for aiding the attackers.

So IMO, more than new gadgets/training there is a need to weed out corrupt people along the border areas. They are really the ones that made the attack possible in the first place. Without their support the terrioists wouldn't have made it to the AFS, let alone inside it.
While all these should be done but they will increase our efficiency from may be 45% to 49% in terms of overall security.

The other 50% of the equation where we do covert operation inside pakistan is completely missing in the picture.

To give an analogy, it is like putting 11 players of the team inside own box to prevent goal. However much player selection and coaching is done, this strategy is bound to fail.

So, we need to develop deploy-able offensive capabilities fit for current global environment. Most of the other nations facing terror threats (and many of them like US, France etc are facing it for much lesser time than us) have developed such offensive capabilities - both technical (drones) and human (SF etc) and we are seriously lacking on that front.

We need this as of yesterday and the govt should focus 99% of its energy in developing that rather than the current inward focus and soft diplomacy.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Spinster

My response was to a member named Rajput. Not Rajputs helping the terrorists. You might remember the Rajput regiments contribution to the kargil war. Also note the tone and tenor of discussion - people trying to find answers. OTOH sir 90 percent of your replies are cynical and drip defeatism. That's the challenge. Please be more positive. A request.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

Spinster, keep off the trolling attempts on emotional topics like this thread and also your constant posts about "state of UAVs in India". You really are not very safe when you do that and you know it. If anyone is personally attacking you, please report, dont respond. Thanks

No more friendly reminders.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

ibn
Security forces in Afghanistan on Friday foiled a major terror strike at the Indian consulate in Herat by arresting a person and seizing a car filled with explosives.
India's ambassador to Afghanistan Amar Sinha confirmed that the suspected terrorist was arrested from just outside the Indian consulate.
He also said police were on the lookout for two more people who were suspected to be involved in the terror plot.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

partha wrote:
shiv wrote: This is a heads you win tails they lose situation. If you read media reports the security staff are being severely criticized for not having procedures for emergencies and having to improvise for a situation. And here you are asking why procedure was followed - because, depending on the alert level off duty personnel may not be required to carry arms for a tea/toilet break
To be honest, I was not aware of the SOP in such situations which is why I asked a question because I was thinking that in such an emergency situation where 000s of civilians and strategic assets were at risk every security person on the base would be on the look out for terrorists.
Well its like this. For any service that may have to be ready 24x7 starting at any time a degree of apportioning of human resources has to be done. This is true for air base security, army, police stations, hospitals and fire stations.

The highest alert will be only after an attack starts at which time every available person may be called up. You may ask why every available person is not ready before an attack starts. The explanation, if you think about it is simple.

Suppose there is an alert and everyone (100%) are put on duty. They come on and stay on for 8 hours, 16 hours, 24 hours: soldiers, firemen, doctors in hospital - everyone is ready and waiting, but nothing happens. Soon fatigue sets in and 100% of people are fatigued and nothing has happened. When do you de alert? What if an actual attack (or a flood of casualties to a hospital) occurs after some people are de alerted after waiting for 48 hours continuously?

So what must be done is to alert essential staff plus a some extra. The others will be on standby. For example in hospitals, all the on-call doctors are asked to be alert. But doctors and other staff who are not on call are told that they may be called up if an emergency arises. They do not sit in hospital waiting while nothing is happening. They come when needed even though they would normally not be needed.

Only people who do jobs that must provide service 24x7 can understand this instinctively.
Baikul
BRFite

Post by Baikul »

johneeG wrote:Yes, some news items have reported this if I remember correctly. Anyway, isnt it obvious that terrorists couldnt have entered an air base which was already put on alert unless they had some insider help in the base?

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/ ... -detained/

Thanks. The reason I was pointing this out was that there seems to me to be a huge difference between just letting someone infiltrate by covertly sharing a few ingress routes, or even taking the risk of guiding them in the darkness, and something as flagrant as actually turning lights in another direction which seems so brazen and open to being observed by your peers.
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

http://www.catchnews.com/international- ... 54315.html
Tale of two statements: Sharif offering crumbs to India, ball in Modi's court
The call

After the Pathankot terror attack, on 5 January, Pak PM Sharif called up Modi
The call came after both NSAs reestablished contact, in line with the recently-reached understanding

The statements

India's statement said Sharif had promised action against the Pathankot planners and perpetrators
Pakistan's statement said its govt was working on leads given by India and 'investigating' the matter

Why did both sides give such different statements? Is it just the way diplomacy works?
Is Pakistan trying to offer crumbs to Modi to keep the peace process going?
The inference
By using the generic word "terrorists" and stating that they are spoilers of the normalisation process, was Sharif indirectly admitting that Pakistan-based terrorists were responsible for the attempt?

This is not so, because Pakistan holds that there are groups and individuals in India that are opposed to the process.

Thus, the two statements reveal that despite the intensive contact between the two NSAs, Pakistan has not decided to take "firm and decisive" action. Such action would require major rethinking in the Pakistan army on the role of terrorism in its security calculus.

It would almost be of the same order as turning on the Taliban immediately after 9/11.

The Taliban parallel goes further. After distancing itself from them in the wake of the US threats, the Pakistan army continued its support to build them up. Consequently, within a few years the Taliban were able to mount a successful insurgency against Kabul that still continues.

Chances are that Pakistan will try to spin this matter out, and offer only crumbs to Modi. How will he respond on the Jaishankar visit and beyond? The ball is really in his court.
I hope Modi goes beyond cancelation of talks this time.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

only stating the obvious ..

why did the terrorists call back to Pakistan unless their handlers specifically wanted to make sure it may well be traced to Pakistan ? ..

what if this was just a red herring ..and a bigger one might be coming up ?

lets take it that Pakistan did indeed "let" the US know who in turn informed the indian intelligence..why ?

who is the one to gain from all this ... was someone scared of irrelevance ? ..changing priorities ? .. the Pakistani general did not exactly get a warm welcome in the US the last time around !
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

nileshjr wrote:
srai wrote: One of the reports mentioned that 4 DSC were killed as they rushed to get into the mess area by a grenade, which could have been booby trapped, or UBGL launched, or thrown. Not clear if those 4 DSCs were armed or not, but they were facing well-trained spec ops type of terrorists and would have been hard to avoid casualties once they were already inside the perimeter. Contrary to some journos saying only if more army troops had been involved there would have been less casualties, some casualties would have been impossible to avoid. In Kashmir, for example, the army regularly loses soldiers and SF personnel to these well trained terrorists. Luck plays on both sides in close encounters. So it's unfair to call ex-servicemen DSCs to be not competent as portraited by some media.
There was a very nicely written article from some IA officer (retired may be) about how the losses in such operations are inevitable and how the loss of life will increase as the terrorist activities vane, since we will be using overwhelming man power to eliminate a handful of hidden terrorists many times and those handful terrorists will have first advantage to start firefight whenever they feel can inflict max damage.

It was perhaps posted on BRF only i think during one of the recent J&K operations. I can't remember any details to dig it out again. :oops: If anyone else remember, please share.

But it made sense to me that time, and by the same logic, even if GoI had flooded the IAF base by 50000 troops, there would have been significant casualties, since the hidden terrorists would have first advantage in most situations.

Pardon. whats the point. We should not waste resources to fight some pigs and let them to die natural death?

not related to the post: I think SP is in grave danger if he is really involved in this. Why he is free? It is very strange that NIA is doing on-off with him.
Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya G »

Shiv,

Any observations on the age aspect of DSC jawaans? There were sweeping statements like "past their prime" etc. But I don't see any evidence of age being the primary reason for their deaths.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

kit, about why they called back. We can speculate at this point:

This sort of hits are being executed by the pakis as part of state policy. They should have the option of re-targeting or changing plans, which are approved by the HQ. These sort of small-team jihadis with objectives of massed-attacks, were trained to be on a tight leash. They would have to call back, if things do not go as planned. If they don't call back, the paki HQ must assume they are lost or went either rogue, causing (what they assume) as uncalibrated damage. "uncalibrated damage" = Parakram ver 2.0 and beyond. So they are asked to call back and they complied.

"strategic brilliance" at work, to put it mildly
member_29247
BRFite

Post by member_29247 »

The prime time opportunity to give a good Jappad is past.
We should have given a serious lashing of the terror camps that are located and often cited by so called Intelligence inputs that there are 600 trained terrorists and ready to infiltrate into India to cause mayhem by our agencies...

No action by be it so called nationalist GOI or P secular Lead GOI.
the constant attrition battle this Nationalistic GoI fights in Indian political scene, or the boast full minister after Myamnar operations that this be a lesson to TSP will definitely be noted b voters and as well as the countries around us like Sri Lanka to Maldevies and Nepal.

The silly notion by this govt that Nawaz Sherif is going to act by sending dosas as and faxeses is again a reminder of LKg combo days....

If talks continue despite the brazen attacks and cricket resumed along with Gana bajana with the back ground of Aman Ki Asha... What's the big difference...

On BRF we always find the British rule, JLN mistakes , IGs selfish and cynical politics, Congoons weakening of Armed forces, no equipment (as told by golf playing generals during Kargil) juggad use of Bofors gun rejecting indigenous guns .... As excuses for. No action.

Of course we don't want full scal war, war is costl we will develop economy we will buy equipment Then we will have a good response to terro attack.... Ityadi

So what does his mean
In simple terms TSP has successfully deterred India wth their Nuke Nude and mini atom balls

Because we are told it will spiral down...
Conventional war is not a good idea against terror the response should be pin prick attacks
Ok
For pin prick attacks we don't have equipment
Why because of procurement delay we plan for WWIii not for silly retribution for few losses of Jawans and officers be it Kargil ( Saurab Kalia Sqdr Ldr Ahuja et al) Kashmir operations losses like Lt Col Swaminathan et al) now gurdaspur, and Pathankot ....

This has been the pattern so we will not see any covert action to assure the nation of moon thod Jawab ......

The world is focused on terror and its consequences even PRC is now waking up to global scale..
Best the to administer a thappad we have long earned this right at a great cost and its mounting by the day with brain impunity ...
We seem to think the dharma yudh with great rules and I've table for engagement will come then we will fight a Geneva convention dictated war like taking care of 90,000 POWs or feeding Kasab biryani and supplying dosas to his maste to act.

Sorry for he rant if Modi ji is serious of waning and protecting the matin which I have no doubt and hammy Last hope ( like Chrysler cars of Leicoca LHS series)

Righ now Modi J is like Rama before crossing the sethu for the final war with Ravana, depressed about e ou come I'll Sage Agasthyar asks him recite every Aaditya Hrdayam in praise of his Surya Vamsa Kula Devata Aaditya the Sun God..

Like wise Modi ji should reflect on the traditions of RSS training and act decisively and with all conviction against this Kalyuga monster called TSP.
Jai Hind
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Aditya G wrote:Shiv,

Any observations on the age aspect of DSC jawaans? There were sweeping statements like "past their prime" etc. But I don't see any evidence of age being the primary reason for their deaths.
If they played cricket against younger men, they would lose. Give them a gun and they could be as good as anyone else. Guns are a great equalizer. And one of them was responsible for 16% of the dead terrorists.
ravip
BRFite

Post by ravip »

Picklu
BRF Oldie

Post by Picklu »

hnair wrote:kit, about why they called back. We can speculate at this point:

This sort of hits are being executed by the pakis as part of state policy. They should have the option of re-targeting or changing plans, which are approved by the HQ. These sort of small-team jihadis with objectives of massed-attacks, were trained to be on a tight leash. They would have to call back, if things do not go as planned. If they don't call back, the paki HQ must assume they are lost or went either rogue, causing (what they assume) as uncalibrated damage. "uncalibrated damage" = Parakram ver 2.0 and beyond. So they are asked to call back and they complied.

"strategic brilliance" at work, to put it mildly
Also I am sure the deep state have no qualm to hang unmentionable threat against their family members if they do not follow instruction once on a mission. They can not go rogue once they are in.