Statewide and National runup to 2014 General elections

Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Re: Statewide and National runup to 2014 General elections

Post by Chandragupta »

Give Prosperity a Chance, Destroy Kaangresistan.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Raja Bose wrote:
Dilbu wrote:Modination, Will he win 'em all?
Checkout the infographics in the link.
Beta Dilbu, abhi shaadi ki pehli saalgirah poori huyi nahin aur tum L&M dhaaga ko bhool gaye?!@#$% :evil:
Had a change in the job diyar Boseullah. Not finding much time to hang out in BR these days. But "I'll be back" like Aryanad Shivajinagar once said. :D
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

RajeshA wrote:I am hoping that the Nair Service Society (NSS) of the upper caste Nairs, Sree Narayana Dharma Paripalanayogam (SNDP) of the OBC Ezhavas and Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church throw their support behind Modi in Kerala, and Modi gets a seat or two in Kerala.
Highly unlikely I am afraid. Unlike religion, caste is not a decision making factor in Kerala politics. So you can forget any church voting for BJP be it Malankara or Orthodox. Hindu votes in Kerala are split across CPM, Congress and BJP and a consolidation is not likely at the moment.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Rajesh Ji,

No major objection to what you have stated. But I look at the so called sikular front as an extension of the INC family. That being the case One vote for the Sikular front is in essence a vote for the INC.

Also, if the sikular front comes in power, it can only be with INC support. Continuing with the INC policies. In order to prevent this possibility. The Jaati vadi and sikular parties have to be finished off.

How it is done is irrelevant. Saam, Dama Danda, Bhed.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Dilbu wrote: Hindu votes in Kerala are split across CPM, Congress and BJP and a consolidation is not likely at the moment.
The next question even I have as a voter from 100% literate state. Which credible BJP leader should I vote for? Any way I cannot go by past results as no BJP MP or MLA has been there from my part of the woods. The next is to check who is at least popular in the town, known for his political and crowd pulling skills *. Thinking of it now, I dont get any names. I guess the same problem would be there all across the state. Kerala BJP is still way behind in having good leaders as well as good campaign schemes. The commies are light years ahead of them. I do see increase in RSS cadre etc., but when it comes to elections I still see BJP having very bleak chances.

* I plan to do a quick check when I visit the commie heaven next.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

O.Rajagopal had good chance of winning an assembly seat in the recent election. Jayalakshmi Bhatt in Nileswaram also came very close iirc. The vote percentage of BJP is climbing in Kerala. The major allegation against BJP is that they keep 'selling' their votes to either CPM or Congress in seats where there is tough competition between these two players. I still dont understand how BJP can sell their votes because as a voter supporting BJP how on earth will I know whom to vote for? Sachin saar may be you can ask some experts about this also when you visit the place next time.
Last edited by Dilbu on 13 Jun 2013 15:25, edited 1 time in total.
ashashi
BRFite

Post by ashashi »

Sri wrote:
ashashi wrote:Mamata Banerjee is delusional like Nitesh Kumar. In the last elections, her party won because of consolidation of anti leftist and muslim votes. INC and TMC fought together. This time, INC will contest alone splitting the vote. Leftists will win big in a three way contests.

Nitesh is completely discounting the BJP vote, giving credit to OBCs and Muslims for the victory. He is counting on the muslim vote consolidation for JD(U) as a result of Modi lead BJP. But the consolidation of nationalistic vote will help BJP.
Both Mamta and Nitish are old horses who have been successful because of their sheer determination and dogged grassroots politics for years. It is fool hardy for us to think they are delusional. Atleast Nitish if with NDA will be a BIG asset.
I have posted earlier, there is something amiss that we don't know yet.
In 2011 assembly elections, leftist alliance got 42-46% of the vote consistently. TMC was able to better it because of the alliance with Congress. If Congress runs alone, TCM vote share drops including the muslim votes. Also, BJP got 4-8% of the vote. This time BJP vote will increase by a couple of points. Since commies are not going to vote for BJP, that vote has to come from TMC/INC share.

BTW, we have a similar delusional behaviour from CBN in AP. He blames Modi for his loss where as the real reason was his neglect of the farming community leading to the 2004 elections.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

It's never a good idea to put all eggs in one basket, or to depend completely on one man. Self-sustaining processes & institutions have to be built up and there can be no shortcuts in that. Maybe a polarizing figure in India will not make a difference if the institution of Indian body politic is strong, but there is also a lot of danger here that can give leeway for anglo network to operate and infiltrate. Sometimes I feel a more moderate leader should be in interim but then there is also not going to be much difference if 'ponzi-type economic reforms' are carried on with saffron colour, as if the case with such types of 'secular' leaders.

Regarding SNDP, NSS types cooperating, they are cooperating to some extent now, but I sense a latent fear in Nair Karayogams in getting closer to SNDP etc and being out-maneuvered by the new kids on the block, the toddy-baron's organization. Age old hubris of a lower caste dominating the NSS also may be there. Also SNDP-types are very ambitious but do not have the room to maneuver in Kerala social setup and are not usually inclined to show greater maturity and sensitivity and thus their mileage is also going to be limited. CPI(M) ranks are also overwhelmingly 'SNDP-types' or SC, ST and it's difficult to strengthen community-based organization beyond a certain level. NSS trusts and cooperates with Kerala Congress types much more than SNDP because their areas of operation are mutually exclusive and there is no threat to respective community-based politics. this is my take from ground level.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Commiees have very good poll machine ready in almost all the places where they have even a small places. The organisation plays a key role here and they have it. Similarly BJP also has it. But such organisation is not there in Kerala. However Kerala has largest number of RSS shakas in the nation and there is that base avaliable. Once they start contesting then they will find their foothold. First they have to start contesting.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

RSS shakas are there are right now there are a few hollering behind my native house 'Bharat-Mata ki jai' etc, they have also been given nicknames of 'Bharat-Mata' etc, some amusement value but little relevance on ground. They are strong in Kannur side though but not overwhelmingly strong enough. Because the numbers are not there. Main BJP votebank Vishwakarma, Nair, Namboothiri, Ambalavasi, Jain etc communities. SNDP, SC, ST communities have divided loyalties towards many different directions and are rooted in their beliefs and deepens with every newspaper they read and tea-stall/barbershop/nukkad debate they participate in.
Last edited by habal on 13 Jun 2013 15:46, edited 1 time in total.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Pratyush wrote:Rajesh Ji,

No major objection to what you have stated. But I look at the so called sikular front as an extension of the INC family. That being the case One vote for the Sikular front is in essence a vote for the INC.

Also, if the sikular front comes in power, it can only be with INC support. Continuing with the INC policies. In order to prevent this possibility. The Jaati vadi and sikular parties have to be finished off.

How it is done is irrelevant. Saam, Dama Danda, Bhed.
BJP has to ensure that the sickular parties (Communists, Congress, Jātivadi and/or Regional parties) all graze from the same field which is ever decreasing in size, and that the Jātivadi and/or Regional parties parties get to eat more.

So yes the Jātivadi and/or Regional party's vote could end up with Congress, but only if Congress is in a strong position to make use of it, otherwise it remains with the Jātivadi and/or Regional party. And since the Jātivadi and/or Regional parties eat from the same sickular field as the Congress, they would also make Congress weak.

That is why BJP has to ensure that in the states where it is in a direct competition with Congress, that BJP wins, and over and above that, that all those seats that BJP cannot win for themselves, that they help the Jātivadi or Regional party win.

1) So yes BJP strategy would of course be to get maximum number of seats in Jammu, Himachal Pradesh, Delhi, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh, Assam, Goa and Karnataka where the main opponent is Congress, and this they could manage.

2) Secondly BJP needs sufficient seats to simply be a credible alternative, and these seats would come from Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, Maharashtra even if the main opponent there may not be Congress.

3) But in all those seats which BJP knows it cannot win, there they would have to ensure the loss to Congress by putting up a candidate which helps other Jātivadi or Regional party.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

In Kerala what I feel is RSS is much more organised than BJP the party in political sense but RSS is not able to be the grass roots which generate votes for BJP like elsewhere in the country. There are Kerala specific reasons for this but the failure of BJP as an organisation tops the list. BJP's name comes up in Kerala newspapers only when there is apress statement from one of its 'leaders' following an infighting in the state leadership. That pretty much sums up the situation. I feel with an efficient and motivated leader, BJP can do much better in Kerala. IMO FWIW etc.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Published on Jun 13, 2013
By R Jagannathan
Why a BJP-JD(U) split will be good for India: First Post

A good read on Federalism, Federal Front and Modi.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

ASTROLOGER PREDICTS PRIME MINISTERSHIP FOR MODI

Bangalore, June 13 - With Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi given the reins of BJP Campaign Committee for the ensuing Lok Sabha polls, astrologers have begun to say that ‘Shukradese,’ the divine blessing, is on Modi.

It is learnt that Pandit Manish Sharma, an astrologer from Ujjain in Madhya Pradesh, had predicted that a plum post would fall in the hands of Modi soon and accordingly he got it now.

The analysis of Modi’s horoscope and prediction of his future as said by Pandit Sharma goes this way:

Modi was born on Sept. 17, 1950 at Mehsana in Gujarat. Due to the presence of Rahu and Saturn in Jupiter, he will progress tremendously towards the pinnacle. In his horoscope from March 7, 2010 onwards, the ‘mahadese’ of Sun has begun which will earn him more respect and honour.

There is yoga of Buddhaditya in Modi’s horoscope which will extend till and through 2014. As Venus (Shukra), Saturn and Sun appear together in the zodiac sign, Modi will tend to become invincible and propagate a success wave in the forthcoming Lok Sabha polls with a good chance of him becoming the Prime Minister. It does not end there and the success spree will extend beyond 2014.

No major discomfort is seen for Modi in the coming years as ‘Sadesathi’ has not entered right from 2011. Though the moon’s position seems to be a bit skewed, as it has merged with Mars, the effect will be negligible and invisible.

http://www.starofmysore.com/main.asp?ty ... item=36495
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Countdown to 2014: The Modi factor

NDA allies projected seat tally: SS 16, SAD 6, AGP 3, Others 5. Total 30.

UPA allies projected seat tally: NCP 3, NC 2, Others 7, Total 12.

Leaning BJP: AIADMK 28, TRS 13, Others 8. Total 49.

Leaning Congress: YSR 19, DMK 8, RJD 5, Others 4. Total 36.

Unattached Regional: JD(U) 15, BJD 18, TMC 25, TDP 5, BSP 18, SP 21,

Left Front 20. Total 122.

Summary:

NDA: BJP (195) + allies (30)= 225 + Leaning BJP (49) = 274.

UPA: Congress (101) + allies (12) = 113 + Leaning Congress (36) = 149.

TF: Unattached Regional = 122.

http://blogs.timesofindia.indiatimes.co ... odi-factor
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

RajeshA wrote:
SNIP.........

That is why BJP has to ensure that in the states where it is in a direct competition with Congress, that BJP wins, and over and above that, that all those seats that BJP cannot win for themselves, that they help the Jātivadi or Regional party win.

SNIP.....

3) But in all those seats which BJP knows it cannot win, there they would have to ensure the loss to Congress by putting up a candidate which helps other Jātivadi or Regional party.
Any effort that is spent in making a jaativadi party win is a wasted effort. It is essentially playing the INC game where the BJP is working hard to make the Sikulars win. When they will turn around and kick the BJP.

I say that let the INC and jaativadi parties fight and win amongst each other where the BJP is certain that it cannot win. No point putting up candidates which help the Jaati wadis win.

If the BJP can poison the wells between the Jaati wadi parties and the INC then they ought to do it. Else, they ought to stay at home.

What I mean to say is that they ought to attack any one who is not with them or is not going to be with them. Cause, they are already being treated as political untouchables by a vast assortment of the political spectrum. Not going on the offencive has not advantage for the BJP.

While going on the offincive and presenting the Jaativadi parties as INC lite, they can make the Jaati wadi parties irrelevant.

So playing nice makes no sense for the BJP.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Telugu Desam Party willing to join Federal Front proposed by Mamata: IANS

So Federal Front is now

- Mamata Banerjee
- Naveen Patnaik
- Nitish Kumar
- Chandrababu Naidu

~ Mulayam Singh
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

Singha wrote:it can be made a election issue like bofors :) (I hope)
:D

After all its the question of :
Singha wrote:important public interests which include efficient functioning of the governments, optimum use of limited fiscal resources, and preservation of confidentiality of sensitive information."

MSM cluelessness on NaMo is incredible.

When Pravin Togadia was actually playing hardball they kept silent. Yet yesterday Rahul Kawal was trying to egg on PT when he has already completed his negotiations. Such dumb guys.

RajeshA ji, on the matter of JDU MPs willing to play ball with BJP. Something that you asked on the locked thread. I believe these MPs and esp. Sharad Yadav has a huge incentive to play ball.

2009 the Bihar lok sabha seats had not experienced the joint NDA wave that was experienced in the 2010 Bihar Assembly seats. If the Bihar NDA stays then Sharad Yadav will overnight become a big boy in JDU probably much bigger then even Niku. OTOH if the Bihar NDA goes kaput then Niku must remember that about a third of the Bihar Assembly seats had changed hands in the 2010 assembly elections. He will see a reversal in absolutely all of these and a complete kickout in the immediately next Assembly elections which will be in 2015. 2015 will not give him time enough to mend the parachute if he tears it up in 2014. As it is Bihar NDA is sitting on very high efficiency ratio which implies he cannot make it any more efficient on his own.

In such a dicy wicket Niku cannot act like he is the only big boy in Bihar politics and will fail to convince his boys to go it alone.

BJP should play it cool with Niku. Don’t damage his ego but do not give him airwaves. Instead just let Maharajganj sink in. Negotiate hard. Also lets not treat Niku like he is an idiot. My guess is he will negotiate because the only other option for him is to sink.

JMHT
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

In a boost to Congress in Bihar, 137 JD(U) and BJP leaders, including former JD(U) spokesperson Shambhunath Sinha, today joined Congress. Sinha and others were given primary membership of Congress by Bihar Pradesh Congress Committee (BPCC) president Ashok Chaudhary at a function held at the Sadakat Ashram in Patna. Speaking on the occasion, Chaudhary asked all former Congressmen, who had joined other parties, to return to their parent party and strengthen it ahead of the next general elections.

The JD-U will decide whether to stay with the BJP or form the third front on Saturday.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

ravi_g ji,

I think by June 16th, we will be having an answer. I believe the Muslim MLAs and MPs and leaders in JD(U) along with some ubersecularist Hindus there would put pressure on Nitish that they would leave and go and join the one and only secularist in Bihar - Lalu Yadav, i.e. if Nitish does not leave NDA, especially with that Maut ka Saudagar now in charge of BJP, and if he doesn't leave, the Muslims are going to start hating Nitish and jump completely into bed with Lalu. However if he leaves now they would coming running to him in support.

Congress wants Nitish Kumar to commit harakiri. BJP would split JD(U). Congress would shout along with Nitish Kumar, how BJP played dirty tricks and hurt the sentiments of the Mahadalits and Extremely Backward Castes, and they will try to get Ram Vilas Paswan to go and pick up the shards.

June 16 is Nitish's Musharraf Landing Moment.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

If I were Nitish, I will allow those Muslims to go to Laloo and be permanent with BJP like SS or Akalis. They were of no use unless Nitish is part of UPA with congress. Once he is with Congress, in a three way fight Nitish will lose. Muslim votes to JD(U) in a Laloo+INC is like fanaticizing love with dead Madhubala. Congress going with Nitish is suicidal for UPA-3 and they will not do such a think. Congress is only expecting Nitish to hallucinate.
Ashok Sarraff
BRFite

Post by Ashok Sarraff »

My prediction is that Nitish will defer the decision to sever ties. Afterall the resignation-king Advani is his guru. :-)
satya
BRFite

Post by satya »

Satraps are not fools . They know the pulse of voters and its anti-Congress. If they go with BJP , they lose muslim vote . Its a risk they cannot take . So what they do , they float the idea of this Satrap Front to keep their numbers intact . Most of them with exception of TDP in AP& Jagan/YSR ( RSS boy ?) have peaked in last election . Their goal : don't lose big time in numbers & then go for highest bidder.
Three parties have money to do so : INC ,BJP & NCP ( pawar) . Pawar fancies his chance and i might say he is front runner should Satrap Front get a chance to form govt. for he has money to thrown around but will INC back him ?
TDP , TMC , BSP won't have problem to go with BJP , its an open secret . SP can always abstain from voting ( in btw SP is the weakest link given its government's performance in UP if rumors to be believed )
JD(u)'s problem is not Modi nor NiKu's dream of being PM but bihar's local dynamics . In any scenario , JD(u) and BSP MPs are easy preys ( known to both BJP & INC) .
BJD will go for 'issue-based' support .
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Here is the bait for Nitish from Congress :)
137 JD-U and BJP leaders join Congress in Bihar
In a boost to Congress in Bihar, as many as 137 Janata Dal-United and Bharatiya Janata Party [ Images ] leaders including the former JD-U spokesperson Shambhunath Sinha Thursday joined the Congress.

Click here!

Sinha and others were given primary membership of the Congress by the Bihar Pradesh Congress Committee president Ashok Chaudhary at a function held at the Sadakat Ashram in Patna.

Speaking on the occasion, Chaudhary urged all former Congressmen who had joined other parties to return to their parent party and strengthen it ahead of the next general elections.

He also had a dig at the JD-U and BJP for fighting a battle of attrition among themselves over the Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi's [ Images ] elevation as the BJP's poll campaign chief and possible parting of ways between the two NDA allies despite best efforts of the BJP patriarch L K Advani [ Images ].

"The NDA government is lying on ventilator and grasping for its last breath," the BPCC president said and claimed that the Bihar Congress will play an important role in the state politics in future apparently hinting that the four-member Congress legislature party may extend support to the Nitish Kumar government if the JD-U severe ties with the BJP.

Besides Sinha, the other prominent JD-U and BJP leaders joining the Congress are -- Rajkishore Singh, Premnath Paswan, Anil Kumar Nag, Rajesh Sinha, Pranav Pandey, Bhola Sharma, Sanjay Sharma and Rahul Kumar Singh.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

satya wrote:Most of them with exception of TDP in AP& Jagan/YSR ( RSS boy ?) have peaked in last election . Their goal : don't lose big time in numbers & then go for highest bidder.
:) Jagan will negotiate into NDA if BJP gets 180.

Modi as a religious polarizer is not the reason and it always a bargaining chip for number of seats. At the end it is the bidder and power for these regionals. They will never go with a perceived loser.
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by abhishek_sharma »

Yes, even Omar Abdullah was a minister in NDA govt.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

By Mammen Matthew
Strongest hint yet of NDA split as Nitish gets no 'concrete assurance' from BJP on Modi: Hindustan Times
BJP leader Nitin Gadkari paid a visit to JD(U) party president Sharad Yadav, but the word was, 'no assurance was given to Nitish Kumar on the issue of Narendra Modi'.

The official line in Patna was, that Gadkari only offered, that the BJP parliamentary board would meet to elect the leader post elections in 2014 and the NDA allies would be sounded out on it later.

Kumar's JD-U had wanted a concrete assurance, riding on BJP patriarch LK Advani's wish, that the next leader be elected in consultation with NDA allies.
So PM Candidate of BJP would be elected only AFTER the elections in 2014.

Also
But they added, "Nitish seemed intent on a gamble, which did not go in favour of continuing the alliance.

They said, the position has hardened in JD-U despite an all out effort by Sharad Yadav to stave off the split in his capacity as NDA convenor. The future thus is uncertain", they added.
So Sharad Yadav can be the focal point, the person around whom an anti-Nitish JD(U) members can coalesce leading to a split.
Last edited by RajeshA on 13 Jun 2013 21:07, edited 1 time in total.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Moved to Modi thread.
Last edited by Sushupti on 13 Jun 2013 23:54, edited 1 time in total.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

^^ May be internal dissidence by IB. I wonder if any of the agents turn rogue and punish the CON MAFIA by releasing some SWISS bank info
Last edited by vivek.rao on 13 Jun 2013 22:36, edited 1 time in total.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

moved
Last edited by Sushupti on 13 Jun 2013 23:55, edited 1 time in total.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

moved
Last edited by Sushupti on 13 Jun 2013 23:55, edited 1 time in total.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

moved
Last edited by Sushupti on 13 Jun 2013 23:56, edited 1 time in total.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

I think the time has come to get on the roads and disrupt the mafia. Every institution has been corrupted with an intention to keep the mafia in power.

Probably people have to take law into their own hands. I think this is major issue which CON bootlickers try to ignore and never answer. For me, this is most important issue.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Sushupti wrote:After Madhu Kiswar

Delhi BJP should send an invitation to her! May be she can get Anna Hazare also to endorse Modi.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

By Soroor Ahmed
Rise of ‘East India Company’: Is it a warning to BJP?: NVO News
The emergence of this federal front, in a way, suggests that these parties are not going to join NDA and thus be of any advantage to the BJP, which is aiming to conquer New Delhi once again. These three states have 100-odd parliamentary seats. If the BJP fails to rope them in––there is now hardly any such possibility––its march to Delhi would be greatly affected. In that case, barring Bihar, the party may not do well anywhere. So out of 100-odd seats it may not even win 15. True the Congress too may not get more than this numbher of seats in these states, yet it can hope of winning RJD in`Bihar towards its side. Nitish Kumar too is inclined towards the Congress and may in future throw his weight behind it. But anyway the Congress can expect the support of any one of the two––RJD or JD(U)––at a time.
BJP would be having a few more than just 15 from these states. I would say around 20 - Bihar 16, Odisha 2, West Bengal 2.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

very telling image if he really carries out the plan of contesting wherever the aunty goes.

unless aunty is parachuted to center courtsey termite queen or she refuses to contest.

another way is the way Delhi is ruled and crimes keep increasing aginst women despite both state and center belong to same party.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

http://m.timesofindia.com/india/CBI-rem ... mesofindia
Amid growing concern in the Intelligence Bureau and home ministry over the direction of CBI investigation in the Ishrat Jahan encounter case involving IB special director Rajinder Kumar, the CBI on Thursday removed IPS Satish Verma from its probe team. Verma was a nominee of Ishrat Jahan's mother in the SIT, formed by Gujarat high court to probe the alleged fake encounter. Verma was later made part of the CBI team which was entrusted with the case by HC after SIT submitted its report.

The development comes amid indications from IB that Satish Verma had been overzealous in the investigation of the case and overtly focused on the role of IB special director in the staged encounter. CBI's removal of Verma from the probe team comes as a surprise since Verma had been given two extensions to his tenure, his last ending on Friday, on CBI's demand.

Significantly, after a high level meeting in the home ministry on Thursday, the CBI has also decided to "re-evaluate its evidence in the Ishrat Jahan encounter case". The meeting was reportedly attended by CBI Director Ranjit Sinha, IB chief Asif Ibrahim, former CBI Director A P Singh, union home secretary RK Singh.

The SIT to probe Ishrat Jahan's encounter was setup by Gujarat HC after it heard two PILs, one by father of alleged LeT militant Javed Sheikh alias Pranesh Pillay and another by Jahan's mother Shamima Kauser, questioning the veracity of the encounter. The court allowed three appointments in the SIT — one by the centre (Karnail Singh), one by state government (Mohan Jha) and one by Jahan's mother (Satish Verma). After Karnail Singh's scheduled transfer to Mizoram, the SIT was headed by R R Verma. It was R R Verma who submitted a report in the high court saying that "the encounter was fake".
So the terrorist's mom picks who will investigate the case?

As soon as IB leaks the news, MAINO clan poops and pushes the guy out of the door. I think these traitors need to be throughly investigated and cleaned from the society.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

^^ Also notice how the (f)article uses the term 'staged encounter' with the quotes or any qualification whatsoever implying it is a known fact that the encounter was 'staged'.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Commitment of BJP volunteers will be deciding factor on voting day

Must read in full for all those interested in politics -- the above is a basic primer on elections and electioneering
“The cardinal mistake most BJP candidates make is in their wishful thinking that a political wave will carry the day for them at the hustings. They naively imagine that one public meeting by Advaniji or Modiji will create the hawa on which they can blissfully ride. The reality is the difference between a success or failure of a BJP campaign is in flawless booth level execution. The wave creates the right conditions but it doesn’t guarantee success and is not a substitute for booth level Execution. This has been true right since the Jan Sangh days and the elections of 1960s.”
Consider the case of GM Siddeswara, a winning BJP candidate to the Lok Sabha from Karnataka in 2009. His margin of victory in Davangere Lok Sabha seat was a mere 2000 votes. It shows how perilously close to losing he came to but for perhaps some faceless volunteer in some booth executing flawlessly on his behalf to get out the vote. Similar was the story of Chauhan Prabhatsinh Pratapsingh, winning BJP candidate from the Panchmahals Lok Sabha seat in Gujarat. Then you have Kirori Singh Bainsla who lost by just 317 votes in Tonk Sawai Madhopur in Rajasthan and Som Parkash of the BJP in Hoshiarpur, Punjab losing narrowly to the Congress by a mere 366 votes — among the lowest margins in the 2009 Lok Sabha election.
The Mission for 272 is no longer about 544 contests but rather about more than 8 lakh contests that will be fought in every booth.