Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by kmkraoind »

Foreign NGOs used Rahul as protector
while some key foreign NGO functionaries have access to him on a scale denied even to Cabinet ministers during the ten years of the UPA government, say sources within the Congress party. They say that "Rahul Gandhi has a partiality towards global NGOs" and that he has "frequently intervened on their behalf". UPA ministers close to Rahul Gandhi, such as Kapil Sibal and Jairam Ramesh, were also seen as deferential towards selected NGOs that were targeting development projects across India.
Probably, Raul's Spain trips and his FBI case might have a greater influence on him.
member_23061
BRFite

Post by member_23061 »

Well, my relatives got free table fans, pressure cooker and mixie grinder. No qualms for them voting in for Amma. But I only worry because of her reflexive Tamil naara baazi when it suits her and this false narrative of her practicing soft Hindutva. I have never seen any evidence to the fact. BJP must work to provide an alternative front by breaking free of castist boundries drawn by the ddmk and mdmk.
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

^^^ RG seems to have a naturally affinity towards white Christians and doesn't mind fronting for them so that they and their agencies get a free run across India. Truly, a worthless idiot.
chandrasekaran
BRFite

Post by chandrasekaran »

JE Menon wrote:Tell me what you want, JJ has definitely improved the lot of a lot of poor people in TN.
The freebies come at a hidden cost sir. TASMAC contributes approx 25% of the state revenues. http://www.newindianexpress.com/states/ ... 055525.ece. What she gives with one hand she takes away through another. A systematic study of rampant alcoholism if undertaken in the state would be very revealing. From a personal level I know of at least 4 women (of the lower starta of the society) that have lost their husbands in the early 40s.....
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

Kakkaji wrote:I checked the Home Ministry's report to find out the cause....I was shocked to see that the channel's proposal was rejected because one of the director's father was an RSS member[/b]," Javadekar said, speaking to reporters at a function.
This should be forwarded to the Attorney General's office. If the Director mentioned here is willing, the government must prosecute the ministers or officers responsible under anti-discrimination laws.
member_28025
BRFite

Post by member_28025 »

vera_k wrote:
Kakkaji wrote:I checked the Home Ministry's report to find out the cause....I was shocked to see that the channel's proposal was rejected because one of the director's father was an RSS member[/b]," Javadekar said, speaking to reporters at a function.
This should be forwarded to the Attorney General's office. If the Director mentioned here is willing, the government must prosecute the ministers or officers responsible under anti-discrimination laws.
In the meantime, Javdekar can approve the proposal asap.
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

Alcoholism is a problem irrespective of whether the state sells liquor or private parties do. TASMAC was brought in by JJ to combat the wine-shop licensing being swiped by dmk benamis all over the city. This way, all the revenue goes to the state, because people are going to drink anyway. Prohibition will not work in any part of the world. That is a fact and acting holy will only mean the state loses out on revenue and taxes, much like tobacco. Monopolise it and tax the fu(k out of it. Foreign liquour is taxed heavily isn't it? IMFL is king in india.
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

Prasad wrote:Alcoholism is a problem irrespective of whether the state sells liquor or private parties do. TASMAC was brought in by JJ to combat the wine-shop licensing being swiped by dmk benamis all over the city. This way, all the revenue goes to the state, because people are going to drink anyway. Prohibition will not work in any part of the world. That is a fact and acting holy will only mean the state loses out on revenue and taxes, much like tobacco. Monopolise it and tax the fu(k out of it. Foreign liquour is taxed heavily isn't it? IMFL is king in india.
This argument has no correlation with reality. The alcoholism in TN increased manifold with TASMAC. The government sets target for increased sales every year and increases the number of TASMAC bars. Alcoholism is destroying TN villages and working class like never before. To say that JJ did not contribute to it is contrary to common sense. Even die hard JJ supporters (aka slaves) grudgingly admit that alcoholism has increased manyfold with TASMAC under JJ. In several villages more than 50% of men have become useless addicts.

JJ is the among the WORST CMs of any state in India just for this single reason. Without any able ministers and administrators, she is destroying the state with her near zero economic acumen. It will take decades to repair the damage she is causing.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Not only alcoholism is destroying TN, but the work culture as well.. when you have a government run by buying booze to win elections, buying people out by ways of popular schemes like free TVs, rice schemes, and etc.. you build up a society that seeks always free stuff corruption model.

However industrialization JJ is supporting, is just a partial capability of that state. It is sad, that people are fanatic to support JJ in a manner that they think they have no other choice.. I cano understand the TN aam is under-nourished in terms of hygiene, knowledge to advance and infrastructure development, but there is no help from the gov to advance in these areas of prime importance. TN aam people have this dirty hygiene habit of peeing in railway station to careless civic sense anywhere in public. long way to go there/ I doubt even a decade of knowledge input would help.. the majestic temples alone is a prime example how ill-kept that state is in terms of peeing on the temple walls.. no other common sense nation or human kind how much ever disrespect you have for religion, culture, can't pee on temple walls.. only in TN! they are commies a level apart. it is in their blood + spoiled by JJ party and their ilks. /sorry but this is reality in TN
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

What would you choose? Increased alcoholism or death by spurious liquor? They were just as prevalent with such news becoming so routine that you'd hear atleast one such incident everyday on the nightly news. Pick your poison, literally.
chandrasekaran
BRFite

Post by chandrasekaran »

Prasad wrote:What would you choose? Increased alcoholism or death by spurious liquor? They were just as prevalent with such news becoming so routine that you'd hear atleast one such incident everyday on the nightly news. Pick your poison, literally.
Assuming she did that to save "death by spurious liquor", what has she done to set up programmes to make people (especially the lower strata) aware of all the health and social issues related to alcoholism. The fact of the matter is she has taken the easy way out - of course helped by an opposition considered even more crooked than her. Also, what do you have say about the track record of Gujarat here ?
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

Shamlee wrote:I checked the Home Ministry's report to find out the cause....I was shocked to see that the channel's proposal was rejected because one of the director's father was an RSS member[/b]," Javadekar said, speaking to reporters at a function.

In the meantime, Javdekar can approve the proposal asap.
Shamlee ji:

Your wish is granted. :)

Stuck for 2 yrs for ‘RSS links’, Kerala TV channel set to get clearance
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

chandrasekaran wrote:
Prasad wrote:What would you choose? Increased alcoholism or death by spurious liquor? They were just as prevalent with such news becoming so routine that you'd hear atleast one such incident everyday on the nightly news. Pick your poison, literally.
Assuming she did that to save "death by spurious liquor", what has she done to set up programmes to make people (especially the lower strata) aware of all the health and social issues related to alcoholism. The fact of the matter is she has taken the easy way out - of course helped by an opposition considered even more crooked than her. Also, what do you have say about the track record of Gujarat here ?
Frankly, I do not have a solution. So I accept that I'm a criticise but offer no solution guy here. But here's the rub - how do you eradicate alcoholism? Education about the bad effects of addiction, rehab centres, preventing people from addiction etc. Almost everyone in TN who has ever employed a maid at home has heard of the maid's husband being a good for nothing drunkard and the very reason for the maid having to work is to support her family/kids. How do you combat such a thing? Jacking the price will only lead to illegal stuff. Gujarat might have prohibition but its not that difficult to find alcohol if you want it, isn't it?
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Prasad ji,

This issue with alcoholism is rampant in nearly all the states. I see this as essentially a political problem, that has social dimensions to it.

The reason why I do so is mentioned below.

One of the calculations in Indian election is that votes can be bought, through the distribution of booze and money, with free meals. This is based on the assumption that who ever can out do the other in this area will automatically win. As long as this calculation holds, we cannot see any resolution to this issue.

However, if we have a large enough section of voters, that is immune to the charms of booze and other inducements, then this becomes a non paying activity. Which in turn will result in its de-emphasis. The key IMO would be to attain a critical mass of voters who are demanding good governance with verifiable performance over all else.

Only then I fear can we reach an end to this menace.

In this respect, I feel that this general election represented a watershed moment in the history of modern India. Where a huge section of voters, voted only for the promise of good governance. If this promise is delivered on and rewarded by the voters in 2019, we may see long term progress towards the resolution of the long festering socio-political issues. Which were allowed to be perpetuated by the previous dispensations.
member_28025
BRFite

Post by member_28025 »

Wonderful news, Kakkaji. Thanks for sharing.

Other pro-BJP channels (English and Hindi) should be set up as well. I think India TV is pro-BJP and to some extent Zee News. Do any others come to mind? Atriji and other Marathis, any pro-BJP Marathi channel?
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Kakkaji wrote:Stuck for 2 yrs for ‘RSS links’, Kerala TV channel set to get clearance
This TV channel, was quite active in Facebook :). The "Janam TV" had a facebook account, and I always wondered why I dont see this channel any where on the televisions. Private channels in Malayalam are increasing day by day, so would really like to see what difference does Janam TV bring to the table.
member_28025
BRFite

Post by member_28025 »

Modi effect: Delhi government servants have to clock in on time, stay back late and even give up holidays

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 061323.cms
chandrasekaran
BRFite

Post by chandrasekaran »

Frankly, I do not have a solution. So I accept that I'm a criticise but offer no solution guy here. But here's the rub - how do you eradicate alcoholism? Education about the bad effects of addiction, rehab centres, preventing people from addiction etc. Almost everyone in TN who has ever employed a maid at home has heard of the maid's husband being a good for nothing drunkard and the very reason for the maid having to work is to support her family/kids. How do you combat such a thing? Jacking the price will only lead to illegal stuff. Gujarat might have prohibition but its not that difficult to find alcohol if you want it, isn't it?
Sir, the first step is to reduce the government's dependence on TASMAC revenue and that can only happen if the freebie's are discontinued. Then she can work on social education on the evils of alcohol et al. I am not arguing for total prohibition, instead there's one fairly large state out there that gets next to nothing from selling liquor and still manages to do well fiscally. All it takes is Amma to shed her ego, learn from Gujarat and adapt it to TN's needs. Instead all she does is to create a so called welfare/sociallist state built on the solid foundation of tasmac revenue and people credit her to have done so much for the poor :eek:
member_28025
BRFite

Post by member_28025 »

Aamir Khan calls on Narendra Modi

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 078315.cms

I thought Aamir Khan was anti-Modi. If I remember correctly, the Satyameva Jayate episode on elections started with Aamir stating that 35% of BJP MPs had a criminal record.
Rahul Mehta
BRF Oldie

Post by Rahul Mehta »

Pratyush wrote: One of the calculations in Indian election is that votes can be bought, through the distribution of booze and money, with free meals. This is based on the assumption that who ever can out do the other in this area will automatically win. As long as this calculation holds, we cannot see any resolution to this issue.

However, if we have a large enough section of voters, that is immune to the charms of booze and other inducements, then this becomes a non paying activity. Which in turn will result in its de-emphasis. The key IMO would be to attain a critical mass of voters who are demanding good governance with verifiable performance over all else.
Money, booze etc influences less than 1% of voters' final outcome. The voters vote for candidate who can stop the "worst" (worst in their opinion) winnable candidate. The corrupt MPs have to give booze etc because if a corrupt MP doesnt give money, then he is sure to lose vote. The voters dont expect a penny from non-corrupt MPs.

AAP didnt give a penny and got 29% votes in Delhi assembly, 32% votes in Delhi Loksabha, and some 30% (?) in Punjab Loksabha. All AAP gave was chai , butter milk, lassi etc and no cash, no booze , no gifts etc

The money is given mostly to mediamen. The medeiamen expense is some over 90% of total election expense. And mediamen have to be paid cash round the year !! AAP doesnt pay to mediamen, but AAP's owners namely MNC-owners and Missionaries pay tons to mediamen. And BJP\NaMo too pay tons to mediamen, such as Rajdeep, Rajat, Arnab etc etc . and Congress\Sonia has been ace in this game anyway,.
prahaar
BRF Oldie

Post by prahaar »

Shamlee wrote:Aamir Khan calls on Narendra Modi

I thought Aamir Khan was anti-Modi. If I remember correctly, the Satyameva Jayate episode on elections started with Aamir stating that 35% of BJP MPs had a criminal record.
The TV series is a tiny spec, the tiff goes back to 2002 (Post-Godhra riots) and later 2006 (NBA support).
member_28025
BRFite

Post by member_28025 »

prahaar wrote:
Shamlee wrote:Aamir Khan calls on Narendra Modi

The TV series is a tiny spec, the tiff goes back to 2002 (Post-Godhra riots) and later 2006 (NBA support).
I was not aware about the tiffs in 2002 and 2006 however could guess AK's anti-Modi stand by the SMJ episode. Now I know why.
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

Why did NaMo meet this closet Islamist? Does he have so much time to waste on these sootiyas? What is the purpose of this entire photo op? I am not able to understand.
Rahul Mehta
BRF Oldie

Post by Rahul Mehta »

Chandragupta wrote:Why did NaMo meet this closet Islamist? Does he have so much time to waste on these sootiyas? What is the purpose of this entire photo op? I am not able to understand.
This isnt first time that a tall leader has taken U-turn after election.

The difference is that it is M-turn.

My take is --- MNC-owners want both to work together in fooling Indians. And so they are becoming a team.

OR may be, NaMo wants someone to promote his FDI-spree . And Amir Khan is the best choice.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

It is foolish of people to attribute something sinister to everything NaMo does.

Now Amir has met NaMo so what.
In the past he has met all folks - including despicable Mahesh Bhatt and many other Muslims.
Check his role as Gujarat Cm for over 10 years.

He is a pm for India and not a part of India. People should cool down.

Tomorrow NaMo meets BRD so he becomes what?. :((

Why can't the role be reversed--> Aamir sucking upto NaMo as he is in a powerful position having demolished Muslim veto power and sickularist.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

krisna wrote:
Why can't the role be reversed--> Aamir sucking upto NaMo as he is in a powerful position having demolished Muslim veto power and sickularist.
EXACTLY Krisna ji... thank you for pointing this out.

Somehow every single interpretation we make of every single event still springs from the unconscious assumptions of the colonized Hindu mind about power differentials. Even after May 16.

So that when we hear "X is meeting Y"... if X is the SDRE Yindoo and Y is something else, we automatically assume that X is the one going out with the begging bowl for a meeting appointment and/or making a foolishly magnanimous Prithviraj Chauhan type outreach to the devious, cunning and powerful Y. No matter if empirical evidence suggests the contrary... this is what, at some level, we choose and even prefer to believe.

That we hold on to this unconscious assumption even when X is the Prime Minister of the Country running the first majority govt in 30 years, while Y is a prancing Bollywood star who did not even have a career 30 years ago... this says something about us, not about X or Y.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

Amir Khan has to earn his crores in India. He is just trying to make up for past criticisms/opposition. Modi is just being generous. Nothing more to it.
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

Supratik wrote:Amir Khan has to earn his crores in India. He is just trying to make up for past criticisms/opposition. Modi is just being generous. Nothing more to it.
Namo is smarter than that. He is not being generous. My gut feeling is that, he is telling AK "You do what I tell you to, or else we will ensure that your next movie will go through 1000 times more trouble than Kamalhasan's Vishwasroopam". He must telling AK to host 2-3 episodes on his show highlighting some stuff that shows the right wing in good light.

Lets face it, none of us (or at least most of us) have a clue of what happens when such people meet. Do they just talk openly or hide their inner feelings behind fake smiles and photo-ops.
Sanju
BRFite

Post by Sanju »

Thanks KMK Rao ji for posting that article and Fanne ji for writing about it.

Fascinating to see this gentleman at work. It seems that fate has a role carved out for him. Sample this:
Shah shifted to Delhi from Ahmedabad only because of a Supreme Court order that barred him from visiting Gujarat, even without—as his friends and sympathisers such as Jadeja and Chaudhary allege—giving him a chance to be heard. Shah was released on bail on 29 October 2010, a Friday. The next day, Justice Aftab Alam took up a petition at his residence to have him barred from Gujarat (since it was a Saturday, the courts were closed).
He has taken a possible threat and created a magnificent opportunity out of it - learning about the underbelly of
"mayanagari"
. Slowly but surely Congoons in power in areas that we are not wholly aware of will be systematically dislodged.
Shah has been an MLA since 1996, the year he was elected in a by-election. He went on to win Assembly polls several times again—1998, 2002, 2007 and in 2012. On each occasion, he improved his margin of victory.

Over the years, the RSS too started to see Shah as a big bet for the BJP. Among other things, what impressed the Sangh’s senior functionaries was his effort to pass a contentious piece of legislation in the Gujarat Assembly that would turn religious conversion—an issue that agitates the RSS and its offshoots—illegal.Shah has been an MLA since 1996, the year he was elected in a by-election. He went on to win Assembly polls several times again—1998, 2002, 2007 and in 2012. On each occasion, he improved his margin of victory.

Over the years, the RSS too started to see Shah as a big bet for the BJP. Among other things, what impressed the Sangh’s senior functionaries was his effort to pass a contentious piece of legislation in the Gujarat Assembly that would turn religious conversion—an issue that agitates the RSS and its offshoots—illegal.
member_28025
BRFite

Post by member_28025 »

I agree with Muraliravi. NaMo is not a person to do anything for nothing. As he himself said in Aap ki Adalat that he is a Gujju and Gujjus are people who expect two auto rides for the price of one.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

I don't understand this crap of suddenly all gov employees who barely work 8 hours, would think about doing >8 hours for nothing! bull cr@p! b@lls they will work... they would enmasse strike on the roads.

IMHO, if they can efficiently work their 8 hours is more than enough.
shravanp
BRF Oldie

Post by shravanp »

muraliravi wrote:
Supratik wrote:Amir Khan has to earn his crores in India. He is just trying to make up for past criticisms/opposition. Modi is just being generous. Nothing more to it.
Namo is smarter than that. He is not being generous. My gut feeling is that, he is telling AK "You do what I tell you to, or else we will ensure that your next movie will go through 1000 times more trouble than Kamalhasan's Vishwasroopam". He must telling AK to host 2-3 episodes on his show highlighting some stuff that shows the right wing in good light.

Lets face it, none of us (or at least most of us) have a clue of what happens when such people meet. Do they just talk openly or hide their inner feelings behind fake smiles and photo-ops.

Hope that's the case. AK has been shrewdly supporting AAP and has endorsed sickularism-first cries in past. btw, has any of Satyamev Jayate series talked about Shaikhs marrying underage co-religious wimmens?
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

These meetings are dal and pani for actors/ NGOwallas. They can not survive without meeting some one or being met by someone.........to stay in news. :)
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Shamlee wrote:Modi effect: Delhi government servants have to clock in on time, stay back late and even give up holidays

The frequecny of these reports shows how bad the work ethic was under UPA last ten years. Totally checked out government and people want to defend it here!!!!

Looks like join the government and have a vacation was the slogan.
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

Late stays and work on holidays signals lack of planning acumen of a manager.
Blame for bad management in the past cannot be laid on desks of bureaucrats alone. Demoralization and burnout are in order.

I also expect the crony capitalist cabal to emulate the SOP on a unsuspecting workforce, citing the example.
dinesh_kimar
BRFite

Post by dinesh_kimar »

There is rumor in our office (all middle class, frustrated salary-man people) that NaMo is smart guy, he know that SRK is UPA man, and there was talk by MMS praising SRK in some function, this was probably to neutralize Big B in Bollywood.

Well, Namo first made friends with Big B (his vibrant Gujju campaign and his personal talking style and trim of beard remind some of Amitabh)

Then Namo made friends with Sallu and Salim Khan.

Now, but natural to be friends with Aamir Khan.

Next Akshay Kumar and Ranbir?

Namo knows he is weak in Bollywood, and it commands influence, Amitabh, Govinda, Shotgun, Vinod Khanna , Dream Girl,etc. have won elections against strong candidates. A careful and determined man like Namo might not leave much to chance.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

SaiK wrote:I don't understand this crap of suddenly all gov employees who barely work 8 hours, would think about doing >8 hours for nothing! bull cr@p! b@lls they will work... they would enmasse strike on the roads.

IMHO, if they can efficiently work their 8 hours is more than enough.
Agreed Saar.
We should be careful about this whole Indian mindset of gloating about 'x' hours of work a day. If this happens, the Indian govt will become like INFY or TCS whose employees measure H&D by the number of hours in the office (productivity is not even discussed). It should be goal based. You give these guys their performance goals and evaluate them at the end of the year. Carrot and stick. 8 hours should be minimum but performance and results should be judged.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Fanne and KMK, There was study by an American History prof on Augustus Caesar and his group which showed that it was a whole new governing system from the earlier ones in Rome.

Note: I need to look at my books to get the name of the prof....

What the prof did was study the lives and character of the goruip around Augustus.

We can do the same by studying a short bio of NaMo cabinet members and see what inspires them and what they dislike.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

The news papers and BRF are making a big deal of how long Namo, the cabinet or the bureaucracy works. If every body is working 12 - 16 hours a day, because of the situation. Most of us have done that at various points in our time. Because of the urgency to set the economy back on track, the long hours will be required for some time. Then it will return to normal pace. Its funny to see how people think TCS will use this as an excuse to force long hours on Indian IT, as if they do not do it already. And Indian IT engineers are not kids to not be able to resist it. Its not even been one month dude and people want to comment and control every aspect of Namo's administration.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Shamlee wrote:Modi effect: Delhi government servants have to clock in on time, stay back late and even give up holidays

for some time for clearing important files it is OK but I do not approve of such step. APJKalam missile man said in one of the iviews that overstay in office decreases efficiency

A secular version of Modi, of course it doesn't matter he opposed Narmada dam nor does it matter he attacked BJP openly & supported AAP 2 months ago