SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

why spend money on mockups?
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

JCage wrote:A humble request:

Can folks divide the work of Info boards- DRDO, BEL, etc amongst themselves?

To be honest, whilst the photos of the Gripens, the MiG-35s may be nice, they are available at dozens of websites off the internet.

What makes AeroIndia unique are the stalls and the IAF displays. Please concentrate on those.
Looks like BRF-ites are also dazzled by phoren maal. Desi stuff is Ghar Ki Murgi. :(
Walker
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Walker »

LCH
A Sharma
BRFite

Post by A Sharma »

Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Do those two come with the plane? :twisted: Got to give it to the Russians for their marketing skills.
Vick
BRFite

Post by Vick »

Rakesh wrote:
Do those two come with the plane? :twisted: Got to give it to the Russians for their marketing skills.
Suddenly I have the overwhelming urge to buy two Mig-35s and put myself in between.
Vick
BRFite

Post by Vick »

W00t... W00t... 3001 posts... :oops:

Where are the engine inlets for the LCH?

Also, good to see HAL get away from using cylindrical pipes as the stub wing :) Hopefully, the stub wing will also find itself on the WSI Dhruv as well, instead of the pipes.

SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

mig35 for nothing... russian chicks for free! whose got better specs?
Kapil
Webmaster BR

Post by Kapil »

Hi,

Thanks all for your comments and feedback.
Do appreciate the fact that we are the ones on site,doing all the running around,sorting things out with organisers,catching up with people and at the same time maintaining some discipline in order to ensure timely uploads on the server.

In my DJing days,my hardest words used to be,'Sorry,I don't do requests' :)
However,we are trying to fulfill everyones over here.
Also,note that a lot of stalls were being set up on the D-1 day and there was no point in doing display/info board photos in such a circumstance.

And not the least,someone has got to say this and I have pulled the short stick--
We are doing all this gratis and if y'all think value this to be worth something -do click on the Donate button you see there and help us out.
We are massively out of pocket on this and we are all here doing this operating at the best of our ability.

Thanks!!
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Vick wrote:
Rakesh wrote: Do those two come with the plane? :twisted: Got to give it to the Russians for their marketing skills.
Suddenly I have the overwhelming urge to buy two Mig-35s and put myself in between.
Hmm - typo in the above post. I can see two white MiG 35s. BTW what's that dull grey pointy nosed object in the background?
amdavadi
BRFite

Post by amdavadi »

I know you guys wont belive me, but those two chics are po*n star....if you guys want to see it for youself..I can put up youtube link..... :lol: :twisted:

Who in the world thought russians would bring po*n stars to market fighter plane
ldev
BRF Oldie

Post by ldev »

amdavadi wrote:I know you guys wont belive me, but those two chics are po*n star....if you guys want to see it for youself..I can put up youtube link..... :lol: :twisted:

Who in the world thought russians would bring po*n stars to market fighter plane
:lol: :lol: Listen buddy, you've got to understand. MIG corp. does not have the money to hire a Cindy Crawford or whoever is the current top model now and to shell out $100,000 plus. So, they have gone in for the cost effective solution and got a couple of modern day babushkas!!! But if they are p*rn stars displayed on You Tube, that is a bit much. If they really wanted chicks to hawk their planes, they should have at least asked somebody like Anna Kournikova, for old times sake she may have given them a cut rate price. :P
amdavadi
BRFite

Post by amdavadi »

ldev wrote:
amdavadi wrote:I know you guys wont belive me, but those two chics are po*n star....if you guys want to see it for youself..I can put up youtube link..... :lol: :twisted:

:lol: :lol: Listen buddy, you've got to understand. MIG corp. does not have the money to hire a Cindy Crawford or whoever is the current top model now and to shell out $100,000 plus. So, they have gone in for the cost effective solution and got the modern day babushkas!!! But if they are p*rn stars displayed on You Tube, that is a bit much. If they really wanted chicks to hawk their planes, they should have at least asked somebody like Anna Kournikova, for old times sake she may have given them a cut rate price. :P
Thats my point....
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Some more pics of the static display from yesterday
http://media.bharat-rakshak.com/aero/ma ... itemId=972

Today there will be some pictures from the flypast and other flying events. once that is done, the booth combing starts.
Phil
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Phil »

Hello Chaps, long time.

What does the last photo from the latest album mean?

Su-30MK picture with "Ignore a warning and be sorry next morning"
rocky
BRFite

Post by rocky »

Rather bizzare to see the FLIR yet again on top of the body on the LCH. What seemed to have been a mere mockup two years ago may not be all that unreal.
JCage
BRFite

Post by JCage »

Jagan wrote:Some more pics of the static display from yesterday
http://media.bharat-rakshak.com/aero/ma ... itemId=972

Today there will be some pictures from the flypast and other flying events. once that is done, the booth combing starts.
Jagan, sorry to bug you, but is there a higher resolution pic of the Akash infoboard, especially about the Rajendra radar portion?

Thanks
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Phil wrote: What does the last photo from the latest album mean?

Couldn't locate the picture - but the sentence sounds like a standard flight safety slogan of the sort that one finds on HAL/IAF calendars.
Last edited by shiv on 07 Feb 2007 07:36, edited 1 time in total.
JCage
BRFite

Post by JCage »

Phil wrote:Hello Chaps, long time.

What does the last photo from the latest album mean?

As an India hand, you have to appreciate these things knock us upside down too.. :lol:

My guesses:

A) A warning to the opponent
B ) Some sort of cautionary tale to the maintenance types- FOD etc

And definitely:
C) Some dude deciding to rhyme badly
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

JCage wrote:
Jagan, sorry to bug you, but is there a higher resolution pic of the Akash infoboard, especially about the Rajendra radar portion?

Thanks
JCage - the show starts 2 hours from now and the first Jingos apart from stall people and invitees will get in only 6 hours from now.

After that - 5 days for people to post pictures and videos.

I won't even be entering the main area till tomorrow - but may have videos by tonight inshallah.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

From Russia with skill

Anand Sankar

He has clocked over 3,600 hours

# His specialities are flip and the tail slide
# Mr. Vaslov's aircraft is specially painted for demonstration

A PASTMASTER OF FIGHTER JETS: Pavel Vaslov, Chief Test Pilot of MIG-35 at Yelahanka Air Station in Bangalore on Tuesday. — Photo: K. Bhagya Prakash

Bangalore: Ace Russian test pilots have lit up Aero India over the last few years and this time around it is no different. The MIG-35 fighter is the focal point of the Russian arms export effort and flying it is ace test pilot Pavel Vaslov.

The last two editions saw some truly stunning demonstrations by the Sukhoi pilots whose trademark manoeuvre was the Pugachev Cobra in the Su-30MK. Now, it's the turn of rival MIG to grab the headlines.

The MIG-35 is a radical upgrade of the legendary MIG-29 Fulcrum. It retains its basic shape, including the distinctive twin tail, but inside it is a different story. The most significant upgrade is the engines. As with the offering by rival Sukhoi, the MIG-35 now features thrust vectoring and Mr. Vaslov is tasked to extract the fullest from it. Mr. Vaslov's aircraft is specially painted for demonstrations in a brilliant red, white and blue, with a huge red star on the top of the fuselage, probably to pay homage to the design's Soviet origins. Mr. Vaslov himself started as a fighter pilot with the Soviet Air Force and then moved to test fly for MIG. He has flown almost all the fighter types manufactured by the company — MIGs 21, 23, 25, 27, 29, 31 and now the 35. He has clocked over 3,600 hours on the aircraft.

"What we are showing at the air show is just a small part of its capabilities," he says. Mr. Vaslov's display has to be watched to be believed. The thrust vectoring dynamically changes the aircraft's handling and his turning radius is dramatically reduced. It might not be wrong to say he can turn on a dime. His specialities are the flip and the tail slide, which are executed without stalling the engines.

Mr. Vaslov experiences forces of up to nine times the force of gravity and he is remarkably fit approaching 47.

"I can't describe the feeling when I am flying. I can just say that my aircraft is not just a normal fighter. You can fly it at any angle of attack and not worry about stalling. I can fly in any direction while firing my weapons and safety levels while doing manoeuvres are far above any normal aircraft."
JCage
BRFite

Post by JCage »

shiv wrote:
JCage wrote:

Thanks
JCage - the show starts 2 hours from now and the first Jingos apart from stall people and invitees will get in only 6 hours from now.

After that - 5 days for people to post pictures and videos.

I won't even be entering the main area till tomorrow - but may have videos by tonight inshallah.

Ok, I was just thinking Jagan might have a higher resolution snippet of that photo which he has taken.

Enjoy yourself Shivji, you are a lucky man. :)

I hope there are many Russian products of the two legged variety to brighten up the crowded stalls and display areas. :D

And thanks to all of you for BR & the voluntary effort. Hope you raise BRs profile in places that matter.
ajay_hk
BRFite

Post by ajay_hk »

AshishN
BRFite -Trainee

Post by AshishN »

Good intro video..nice to see the Rambha takeoff..
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

AIRSHOW is going on right now.
Vipul
BRF Oldie

Post by Vipul »

amar_g
BRFite -Trainee

Post by amar_g »

The Lca camo looks a bit inspired by the ltte camo...

http://media.bharat-rakshak.com/aero/ma ... temId=2573
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

amar_g wrote:The Lca camo looks a bit inspired by the ltte camo...

http://media.bharat-rakshak.com/aero/ma ... temId=2573
Most likely one of the PV's, they were supposed to have one of them in static display
JaiS
Forum Moderator

Post by JaiS »

Thanks to the entire BRF junta toiling out there in the heat ! Kudos to you guys, the best part is that the image galleries are being updated so much faster than the previous event. And Rahul, you sure have reasons to feel sorry for everyone whoz not there at the event, I know exactly what you mean !

P.S. : Where is 'rad' when you need him ?! :P :P :eek: :D
Vasu
BRFite

Post by Vasu »

All I am saying is - the next few weeks are going to be a feast.

Thanks for all the good work and enthusiasm fellows.
khukri
BRFite

Post by khukri »

shiv wrote:
Vick wrote: Suddenly I have the overwhelming urge to buy two Mig-35s and put myself in between.
Hmm - typo in the above post. I can see two white MiG 35s. BTW what's that dull grey pointy nosed object in the background?
You sure about the 35? Look like 38's to me!
Maedhros
BRFite -Trainee

Are the general public allowed in static display area?

Post by Maedhros »

Hi,

Just wanted to check something with those who are going for the Aero India.

1) Is the Rs 750 ticket only meant for the Business persons? I bought this ticket as it was mentioned that this ticket will allow entry into static display area. But then I saw that only Business persons are allowed to go to Exhibition stalls. :(

So, are the general public allowed inside the static display area? Or do we have to be content with watching only the airshows?

2) Are cameras and mobiles allowed inside?

Thanks for any clarification...
Anshul
BRFite

Post by Anshul »

Called up FICCI helpdesk.

They said the 750/- ticket would have access to all hangars,sangars :wink: ,babes,static display,food-courts
(AKA LE-MERIDIAN) and rest-rooms(Most Important).

I suppose in your case some sentry seems to be playing spoil sport.
And you should know how to handle these sawdhan-vishraam types.
Anshul
BRFite

Post by Anshul »

JAGAN ... KAPIL can you please post your contact numbers to anshul dot anand AT wipro dot com.
Maedhros
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Maedhros »

Ok guys, Thanks a lot...

I was worried that my 750 bucks had gone up in smoke.. :)

I am planning to visit on 10th... Will visit the BR stall.. Hope to see you all there in person.. :)
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

http://media.bharat-rakshak.com/aero/ma ... temId=2649
Inagural Day Flypast Photos

Anshul, Mailbeingsent

Everyone else at the gala, Drop in at the BR stall in Hall I (as in India) - Booth 3.12
AshokS
BRFite -Trainee

Post by AshokS »

Jagan wrote:http://media.bharat-rakshak.com/aero/ma ... temId=2649
Inagural Day Flypast Photos

Anshul, Mailbeingsent

Everyone else at the gala, Drop in at the BR stall in Hall I (as in India) - Booth 3.12
Excellent photos... which equipment did u use for these? Lens / Camera?

Looks like a 400mm for the flypast shots...
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Sony Alpha 300mm
AshokS
BRFite -Trainee

Post by AshokS »

The Alpha did well....I bet the built in IS helped on the telephoto shots.... I switched from Sony to Canon 400D recently, but always loved the Sony picture quality, esp on my Sony Vaio screen....