IB Points to NGO Role in Waging War on India

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Re: IB Points to NGO Role in Waging War on India

Post by member_22733 »

Aditya_V wrote:I think Media is using Greenpeace as a rallying cry, they are under scanner but want to shoot over greepeace's shoulders. It is a war between thee Central Govt and certain media organisations
The way to deal with it is to create a shadow "Greenpeace" org and name it say "BluePeace" and say they fight for all the causes that GreenPeace fights for, without being a slave of the west. Advertize it on TV and what not. Ask people to tell green peace that they would rather give money to BluePeace instead.

Indians need to find our own charities instead of giving money off to foreign neo-colonial orgs like GreenPeace.

My GHQ (american) watches this show about this group called Sea Shepherds. I asked her why in the world they protest ONLY Japanese whaling vessels, while coolly ignoring the mass murder of dolphins and whales by idiots from Nether-lands and Norway.

Around 2012 or so Sea Shepherd leader Paul Watson gets more and more aggressive and the Japanese started getting super pissed about it and then this happens:

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/ ... s-us-court

http://www.ticotimes.net/2014/05/15/sea ... a-fugitive

This is how we need to deal with these folks. Find alternatives and vigorously and severely discredit their leaders, i.e. decapitate the org.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

On the Arnab show,he asked a pertinent Q,why a Dutch NGO suddenly switched from issues in the Kashmir Valley and swung 180 degrees to the NEast,campaigning against mining,uranium exploration,oil and gas drilling ,etc.etc.! The IB apparently "has the goods" on this outfit.

Does anyone have the IB report? It would be great to dissect it on BRF if available.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

chetak wrote:
Strangely, I was approached by greenpeace activists in a Chennai IT park, trolling their wares openly.
chetak, for years, they have been very brazen in Chennai, even visiting homes to gather support. I have always argued with them that their interests were inimical to India's. Some vindication.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

SSridhar wrote:
chetak wrote: Strangely, I was approached by greenpeace activists in a Chennai IT park, trolling their wares openly.
chetak, for years, they have been very brazen in Chennai, even visiting homes to gather support. I have always argued with them that their interests were inimical to India's. Some vindication.
You couldn't criticise Greenpeace in IISc without getting lynched, just a few years ago (no idea now). They had a fanatical following that was doing all their dirty work for them.
RKumar

Post by RKumar »

A welcome move, all NGO's should be registered in a central database along with personal and professional contact details of their all local office heads and regular staff. They should update this central office for any contract changes if they don't follow these guidelines then those local office should be closed along with imposing heavy fine.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

^^ Wasnt it the French who had blown up a Greenpeace boat when they were protesting at French nuclear atoll near NZ? IIRC, some french intel folks(DGSE) got caught for this and prosecuted also!
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

Cannot understand double standards of European NGO sponsors or bleeding hearts or humanitarian torch bearers. They did not care about Roma or Gypsy people of Europe, who lives like refugees without any rights.
rgsrini
BRFite

Post by rgsrini »

If I am not mistaken, The Hindu has completely blacked out any news on this damning report from IB on NGOs. In fact most of the newspapers are not giving it enough space that it warrants. I don't have access to the visual media. I am not sure if there is enough coverage on this.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

sum wrote:^^ Wasnt it the French who had blown up a Greenpeace boat when they were protesting at French nuclear atoll near NZ? IIRC, some french intel folks(DGSE) got caught for this and prosecuted also!
Ohh yes! You are referring to the Rainbow Warrior affair. The guy who did that was prosecuted and jailed, but released later and was promoted by the French after returning to France.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinking_of ... ow_Warrior
Varoon Shekhar
BRF Oldie

Post by Varoon Shekhar »

rgsrini wrote:If I am not mistaken, The Hindu has completely blacked out any news on this damning report from IB on NGOs. In fact most of the newspapers are not giving it enough space that it warrants. I don't have access to the visual media. I am not sure if there is enough coverage on this.
Philip has already referred to a spirited discussion on "The Newshour". There's also Nidhi Razdan hosting a programme on NDTV( it's either "Left, Right and Centre" or "The Buck stops here").

Arnab forcefully brought in the Dutch NGO, which switched from Kashmir to the North East. It ended up in Bangkok, staying at a swank hotel.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Radha Rajan has written an excellent debunking of the NGOs. She also took Doorknob to task for not expanding the acronym CORAID.

Will post later tomorrow.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

member_22872
BRFite

Post by member_22872 »

SwamyG ji, very nice, thank you.
rgsrini
BRFite

Post by rgsrini »

Varoon,
I noticed that. Other than TimesNow, are the other channels according enough time to this story? The social media is very active, but we need more outrage to empower the government to take action on the antinational NGOs. My feeling is that the media is working to dilute the importance and subvert the discussion on this, by not giving it enough time and space.
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

Times Now had a very good debate on this NGO business.

He was quoting 'donation' numbers from IB Report - they showed a Mother NGO with 5-6 smaller NGO ostensibly working for Tribal in Gujarat which received - hold your breadth - ~ INR 13 Crore - in few years. And what is the calling card of this NGO - agitation against the Narmada dam and canal interlinking project!!!

The program also took to task Mr. Udaykumar of the KK Nuclear power plant fame - showed the money he has received from various sources and his association with people who were subsequently deported by India.

Apart from other aspects - the report seems to be very detailed one which covers foot-prints and linkages of these buggers along with their funding detail. Which further means that the security apparatus in this country was always alive to threats from such elements but a lid was put on their activities by political masters.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

International based NGOs always have an ulterior motive and are just arms of their Governments. They should be kicked out. I like someone idea here about having a shadow org with Indian origins and gradually kick the international NGOs out.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

member_22872
BRFite

Post by member_22872 »

rohitvats ji, its quite a lot actually:
In 2011, NGOs in India received Rs 10,334 crore from overseas
In 2009-10, some 22,275 NGOs received funds amounting to Rs 10,431.12 crore and in 2010-11, some 22,735 NGOs received Rs 10,334.12 crore.
whole the article is worth reading.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

A few years ago, some of us were tracking these funds from an religious conversion perspective in India Form.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Radha Rajan has written an excellent debunking of the NGOs. She also took Doorknob to task for not expanding the acronym CORAID.
Ppl: In 2006, with the Yoo Pee Yay in full force, with Prakash and Brinda Karat ruling the roost, and the conversionists in all their fury in TN, this lady and Kishen Kak got this book together, took it to Dilli, and had it inaugurated (either in Dilli or A'bad, I am not sure) right in the faces of all the Powers.

Think about that for a moment to understand the meaning of guts and patriotism. I don't think life has been easy for them these past many years.

(And BTW, PeeAref had more than a little to do with this exposure. I think EyeBee folks followed some of the discussions to get the context and the arguments to go with what they were finding from their own sources. Obviously they have been working on the facts behind this report for a while...) 8)

Now I want to see the followup action. Pls help get the Report itself and publicize it all over so that all desi voters see the reality, and how close the nation was to destruction.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

KJoishy wrote:International based NGOs always have an ulterior motive and are just arms of their Governments. They should be kicked out. I like someone idea here about having a shadow org with Indian origins and gradually kick the international NGOs out.
Yeah, no standards at all. The pretenders actually ignore the same role in their own countries.
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

Rudradev wrote:http://www.afhd.org/assocdb.php?mode=vi ... ize=20&p=1

A partial list of India operating NGOs is here.

Added later: this seems to reflect only 4,594 NGOs operating in Andhra Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar and Assam! I wonder if they will be updating the list for other states.

Gives some idea of the magnitude of the problem- fumbling for (poisoned) needles in a haystack.
'kin 'ell!! Where does one start? Any study on how Putin cracked down on this problem is Russia?
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

How come no Europeon Funded NGO recieving free French Guillotines to clean up the real enviorenmental pollution in India? Hope EyeB also look into Medha's Bheda with Berkley Group since she loves visiting the area and both being big Barkers in same household and arena.
rgsrini
BRFite

Post by rgsrini »

^^Ramanaji, Did you mean CORDAID (Dutch NGO - Catholic Organisation for Relief and Development Aid) or is this another one of the anti-national parasitse.

By the way, Don't confuse this with CORD - Chinmaya Organization for Rural Development. This is a genuine charity organization based at Sidhbari Himachal Pradesh, with no ulterior motives, and they do really fantastic work to empower women and children.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

LokeshC wrote:I asked her why in the world they protest ONLY Japanese whaling vessels, while coolly ignoring the mass murder of dolphins and whales by idiots from Nether-lands and Norway.
Japanese PM Shinzo Abe in his interview with Farid Zakaria was categorical in stating that there are certain very old religio-cultural practices in Japan the west should understand and live with. He was very soft spoken but that cut off any further questions on this subject from Zakaria.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

UlanBatori wrote:I know some Americans who voted for BO who will NOT vote for HC. Even Palin would be preferable.
Going to Palin is too far. There are no others (at least for now) in publicans who have the guts of Condi Rice. Tha tsaid, I was turned off Clinton when he went to a funeral of governor (IIRC of MN) and made it into a camaign speech for dems - no sensitivity at all. All occasions were occasions for self-serving for these two. Yuck, I shook hands with Ms. Clinton back when she was campaigning for her hubby after waiting almost an hour skipping my lunch.
member_23651
BRFite

Post by member_23651 »

Guys have you seen an evangelist website named http://www.OM.org in India and http://www.OMUsa.org (asking help to free daleets & slaves in india). Did you see how conveniently the name has been chosen as "OM" only to be expaned to Operation mobilisation.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

If this keeps up I am going to join the Medha-Angana gang and go stand in there watching the water rise, going
She went into the water and she got her ankles wet...
Hope the new guvrmand is efficient about giving the affected ppl good, solid compensation and alternatives, quickly, to defuse the protestors.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Medah is an old hag, HAve wathced her since 90s, her hate for Gujarati community is old story, below is from her indecent past

India Cancels Dam Loan From World Bank
http://www.nytimes.com/1993/03/31/world ... -bank.html
he Indian Government today canceled much of a $450 million World Bank loan for a vast irrigation and hydroelectric project, because it cannot meet the bank's environmental and resettlement standards.Bimal Jalan, India's representative on the bank's board, told his colleagues today that his country would not seek the remaining $170 million that had been authorized for the project, but not yet allocated, for the $3 billion project on the Narmada River, in the drought-prone northwest part of the country.The decision is a major victory for international environmental groups who have fought the huge irrigation and hydroelectric project and the bank's involvement in it. For many environmentalists, the dam was a symbol of misguided support of heavy-handed development projects that sometimes do more harm than good.But Indian officials emphasize that they intend to complete the project on their own, adhering to the bank's environmental and resettlement requirements. World Bank officials said privately that India preferred to complete the project without interference from multinational lending institutions. The Indian Government has viewed the criticism by environmentalists as an affront to its sovereignty, and an example of Westerners telling a developing nation how to run its affairs.The enormous project includes the 535-foot-high Sardar Sarovar dam and more than 3,000 others, 47,000 miles of canals and a plan to provide 1,450 megawatts of power -- enough energy to provide electricity to 1.4 million American homes for a year -- irrigation for 4.4 million acres of land and drinking water to 40 million people. The project is sponsored by three Indian states: Gujarat, Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

panduranghari wrote:
Rudradev wrote:http://www.afhd.org/assocdb.php?mode=vi ... ize=20&p=1

A partial list of India operating NGOs is here.

Added later: this seems to reflect only 4,594 NGOs operating in Andhra Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar and Assam! I wonder if they will be updating the list for other states.

Gives some idea of the magnitude of the problem- fumbling for (poisoned) needles in a haystack.
'kin 'ell!! Where does one start? Any study on how Putin cracked down on this problem is Russia?
The NGOs themselves are just the leaves of the poison tree. We can keep plucking them forever, and new ones will sprout even faster in their places.

We need to clearly identify the branches, trunk and roots... the conduits and sources for funding that keep the leaves growing.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Todays TOIlet etc scream that Modi Sarkar has asked all Ministries to give a list of NGOs they deal with as a fallout of the IB report on NGOs.

Quite change from UPA Screwcar!
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

UB, Ramana and many others-please read the NaMo chapter.
check this-- NaMo has written a chapter on ngo industry in positive terms wrt India. Incredible that this person finds somehting positive in everything about India.(experienece from folowing him for many years starting from 2002 riots when I was near the epicenter)
http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 8#p1580238
http://www.vigilonline.com/index.php?op ... Itemid=109

The book is in parlaiment library..

pity is dont think any worthies read this book. IB if it read could not take action due to NACaxlite and sonia.

It is a wonder that within days of NaMo coming to power all these are coming out in great force.

Many IB officlas are Indic in character but are mere followers- want some strong person to lead them.
Rahul Mehta
BRF Oldie

Post by Rahul Mehta »

Blaming NGOs and their activists COMPLETELY covers the ugly facts of paidmedia and paid-judiciary.

The NGOs only file cases and hold PEACEFUL demonstrators. It is paidmedia which gives them coverage and it is paidjudges who throw stay orders.

NGOs are less than 0.1% of the game. The paidmedia and paidjudges are 99.9%.

IB is misguiding whole nation by focusing on this 0.1% and defocusing on the 99.9%
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Thanks for pointing to that NaMO article. Something tells me the 5-Star NGOs' bluff is being called.
chanakyaa
BRFite

Post by chanakyaa »

Time to send all NGOs overseas. Their services are in desperate need..

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/11/us/undocu ... complaint/

Sexual abuse of minors alleged at border as kids flock into U.S.

(CNN) -- Threats of violence. Sexual abuse. Strip searches. Dirty conditions. Young mothers whose children became sick.
These are among the reported abuses of 116 minors by agents from U.S. Customs and Border Protection, according to a complaint filed Wednesday by the American Civil Liberties Union and four immigrant-rights groups.
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

So what is modi sarkar gonna do about it? Is a complete ban on foreign funding too much to expect.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

No it is not too much to expect. This will be a long play. But it will happen.

Everybody needs to do their bit.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

We already are seeing the close attention to foreign funded NGOS being equated with the stifling of free speech. In the MSM.

The cap roll back and eliminate will have to be long term effort.

On a personal note, hence forth, I will make sure that no foreign NGO receives funds from me or my acquaintances.