Delhi Blasts news and info

Singha
BRF Oldie

Re: Delhi Blasts news and info

Post by Singha »

looks like the street corner jihad peddlers have taken the message and left delhi
for safer places like aligarh, muzzafarnagar and azamgarh.

Indian Express:

Attendance hit in Jamia depts

Irena Akbar
Posted: Sep 26, 2008 at 0007 hrs IST

New Delhi, September 25 Following the arrest of two Jamia Millia Islamia students — Mohammad Shakeel and Zia-ur-Rehman — for their alleged involvement in the recent serial blasts, the university has seen a steep fall in the attendance of students in its Urdu, Arabic and Islamic Studies departments.

Professor I M Khan of the Islamic Studies department and a member of the university’s Academic Council said the attendance had fallen to just about 25 per cent of what it was before September 13 — the day the encounter at Jamia Nagar left two suspected terrorists, including Atif who too was a Jamia student, dead.

“In my class, just about 15 of the 50 students attend lectures now,” he said, pointing out that the shortage was unusual considering the fact that attendance had always been higher during Ramzan when “students don’t indulge in frivolous activities such as idling at coffee kiosks or bunking classes to catch a movie”. “They have either been called back by worried parents or asked to vacate accommodations by insecure landlords,” said Prof Khan.

The attendance shortage is specific to the three faculties. Prof Ravindran Gopinath’s History department has seen no dip in the number of students. “Almost all students of Urdu, Arabic and Islamic Studies are Muslims. Secondly, many of them belong to eastern UP, which is getting a bad name as most of the arrested suspects belong to Azamgarh,” he said. Attendance has also been unaffected in the Architecture department, according to lecturer Ayla Khan.

Prof Farhana Siddiqui of the Arabic department said: “Even though the university has a predominantly Muslim enrolment, students of my department fit the stereotypical terror suspect profile — beard, a skull cap and chaste Urdu.” She said only five students were attending her class that had a strength of 55.
:rotfl:

Faculty members are now busy counselling traumatised students, especially boys. “Students are complaining that while their Jamia I-cards earlier helped them use Internet cafés and public libraries, the very same cards now work against them. We are telling them to focus on studies, forget the heavy police presence, and avoid the media,” said Gopinath. Students, they said, were now not stepping out after 7 pm. :twisted:

The fear was palpable during the peace march organised by Jamia on Thursday. There was no slogan shouting. Most students refused to speak to the media and instead expressed themselves through placards that read, for instance, “Why can’t Sonia visit Jamia in bad times like she visited DU” and “Islam condemns violence”. :mrgreen:

A few of them, however, did speak up. “We are with Shakeel and Zia till they are proven guilty in the court of law,” said a B.Tech first-year student from Bihar, pleading anonymity. Another student, who even refused to reveal his department, said: “This university was founded by freedom fighters. It is now being branded as a hub of traitors. We want to correct that image.”

The procession included the alumni too. IT engineer Samia Bashirduddin skipped office to be a part of the march. “Being an alumnus of a university whose image has taken a beating puts me under the radar too,” she said. The university is reaching out to the residents of the area too. “Every one in Jamia Nagar is associated with the university in one way or the other. We have to be there for them,” said Professor Archana Prasad of the Centre for Jawaharlal Nehru Studies.

Gopinath defended the university’s decision to use UGC funds for providing legal aid to the arrested students. “There is nothing wrong in helping the two till a judicial probe proves them guilty.” Prof I M Khan said: “We are also telling the landlords who are turning away students for want of documents to check up with our proctor office for verification.”

Prof Prasad said: “Some of my students come from the families of landless labourers in Kerala. They are all here to build their future. The media and the police shouldn’t destroy their dreams.”
Manu
BRFite

Post by Manu »

We will know IMs have joined the mainstream (which I sincerely hope they do) when their most 'mainstream' publication tones down the rhetoric. You can tell the temperature of the IM community just by browsing this Paper. Link.
Read their 'condemnation' of the Delhi Blasts:
Dr Khan added that there is also a misguided force in our country which resorts to this kind of incidents for political gains and its activist have been caught red-handed in various places in the country, most recently in Kanpur. The possibility of the involvement of this force, which hides behind deceptive slogans, should also be thoroughly probed after each such incident, he said.
Otherwise, it is just Taqiyya.
Tamang
BRFite

Post by Tamang »

"Fact finding team" finds loopholes in Delhi encounter
The fact finding team comprised teachers, students, civil rights activists and intellectuals. The team comprised 14 persons which included, Professor Siddique Hassan, deputy amir, Jamat-e-Islami Hind, SAR Geelani, reader, Zakir Hussain College, Delhi University, Dr Karen Gabriel, reader, St. Stephens, Banojyotsna Lahiri (Jawaharlal Nehru University), Vanessa Chisti (JNU) and Sumati Panikkar (independent researcher) among others.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

This sort of nonsense is possible only in India....
The team said they could not find a single person in the locality who believed the police version of events.
The sentence should confirm many things about the people of that locality...
Some witnesses told team that the 'terrorists' were just ordinary youngsters who had taken their careers and studies seriously. These witnesses have said that initially there were gunshots for 15 minutes. Then it stopped for a while. Then after a while the police went on firing intermittently for sometime to show that it was a real encounter. In between, the police went on shouting loudly to create a feeling of real exchange of fire and project a real encounter. The witnesses also said after the firing, the police had destroyed the flowerpots of the L-18 flat and adjacent flats and used broken pots to break windowpanes of L-18 to make it look like a real encounter
Im sure the policemen also decided that one of them must die so that the "alleged" encounter looks real....
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

The NHRC joins in on the fun

http://in.rediff.com/news/2008/sep/26delblast4.htm

Yes, evil Hindu cops killed one of their own to paint the locality in a bad light. Its a conspiracy, the world is against the Muslim, just like it ignores who really brought down the Twin towers... everyone knows it was the Jews... :roll:

The "portray-me-as-a-victim" strategy has paid rich dividends for the Ummah so far, and it is being faithfully adopted here.
vsudhir
BRF Oldie

Post by vsudhir »

Ummah's grievience factories and 'play the victim' strategies have indeed paid some dividends so far. Sadly, tactically brilliant folks that they are, they're likely to overmilch the golden-egg laying goose.

Me wouldn't be surprised to see a 'cried wolf too often' response from the kafir world very very soon.... Moi hopes to be around when that day arrives... :mrgreen:
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

in response to a The Week mag article "who's afraid of sex", a reader writes to the editor.

It is horrifying that a reputed magazine such as yours didn't have a better topic. The cover photo
is in bad taste. It is inappropriate to discuss such an issue in the holy month of Ramzan, especially if
you consider the sentiments of your Muslim readers.

Anees Ahammed Kurikkal,
Manjeri, Kerala.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

More fun.

Arjun backs Jamia's decision to support Delhi blasts accused

NEW DELHI: HRD Minister Arjun Singh has backed the decision of Jamia Millia Islamia University to provide legal aid to two of its students accused in the Delhi serial blasts, saying the step was in national interest.

Jamia Vice-Chancellor Professor Mushirul Hasan met Singh to apprise him of the decision of the university to provide legal aid to the two students, a move criticised by the BJP.

"There is nothing wrong in providing legal aid... In this case, I have got full details. Whatever Mushirul Hasan told me, I understand in this context, the decision of the university is in the interest of the nation," Singh said.

The BJP, meanwhile, has demanded dismissal of the Vice-Chancellor and termed the decision as "atrocious, anti-national and highly objectionable".

Speaking to reporters after meeting the minister, Hasan said BJP's allegation that the university was diverting the government funds for providing legal aid was "baseless".

"Providing legal aid is the decision of the Academic Council. Legal aid is the constitutional right of every person. We stand by our decision. There is no question of my resignation," he said.

Noting that the classes have been running smoothly and the recent incidents have not affected the confidence of students, he said, "the confidence of students has gone up after my interaction and peace march in the campus".

Appealing to political parties not to politicise the issue, Hasan said, "if it is politicised, the repercussion will not be good".

Asked whether he was facing any threat, Hasan said it should not affect the "principle".
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

http://in.rediff.com/news/2008/sep/26delblast5.htm

After attending the burial of the two terrorists that were shot, Imam Bukhari uvachaa

Its interesting that Bukhari finds time to attend the terrorists burial but not that of the dead police officer.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Tamang wrote:"Fact finding team" finds loopholes in Delhi encounter
The fact finding team comprised teachers, students, civil rights activists and intellectuals. The team comprised 14 persons which included, Professor Siddique Hassan, deputy amir, Jamat-e-Islami Hind, SAR Geelani, reader, Zakir Hussain College, Delhi University, Dr Karen Gabriel, reader, St. Stephens, Banojyotsna Lahiri (Jawaharlal Nehru University), Vanessa Chisti (JNU) and Sumati Panikkar (independent researcher) among others.
What I see in this report which would be funny if the matter was not so serious.

Obviously the police are under no obligation to say anything to the press.

The press are under pressure to say something, so the press report whatever they hear.

As an aside the following statement has a double meaning:
People were scared to talk to the fact-finding team. The stress and tension, generated after the encounter, was evident. People were nervous and requesting the team not to mention their names under any circumstances.
Naturally. The allegation will be that they fear victimization. The other point is that is these guys are hauled up - every one of them will give a clue as to what other sort of dastardlly activities go on over there. Better to howl about victimization right away before the police make them squeal.
G Subramaniam
BRFite

Post by G Subramaniam »

hnair wrote:er, Singha, oil... :(
The arabs cant really control oil

They dont sell it directly to other countries

They sell it to middlemen who then can sell it to anyone
including Israel

The middlemen also sell it to the commodities futures markets
and anyone can buy it from there

Or buy oil from Russia
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

It is horrifying that a reputed magazine such as yours didn't have a better topic. The cover photo
is in bad taste. It is inappropriate to discuss such an issue in the holy month of Ramzan, especially if
you consider the sentiments of your Muslim readers.
I had logged in just to post the same mail!!!! :eek: :eek:
Even i couldnt help notice this interesting mail while reading the print edition of the week just now...
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

The UGC will have to regularise a policy to defend all students implicated in cases in order to allow the Jamia to go ahead. Otherwise it will be one more nail in the secular kafan.

The true test of the effectiveness is if similar blasts do not occur as that would show the gang is eliminated. If as the honets folks says it was all fake then one can expect the true perpetrators(IM) to stage a few blasts to show that they are still around.
From all accounts the IM gang has been hit.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

Ramana,
With due respect I think something is a miss with IM.
It was unwoven quite fast. I understand that Guj police did a good job and caught the culprit. Then that led to Delhi gang being caught (it seams like Guj gang and Delhi gang was same). Then MP police catches the financier who was on run for few years (they were looking for him and then caught). I am willing to agree that this group caught knew about it and they ratted out. Then we hear how Bombay gang is captured, not related to this but some colleague of the Software terrorist provide lead to the police. Police crackes the case in a week (where they have not been able to catch the 7/7 guys for many years). The Hyd case and Banglore is still not solved. The Taufiq guy is still not caught. Then they claim that a 24 yr old Atiq guy (now dead) was the ring leader, he would be 19 yrs of age during Varanasi blast, 2 young to be a leader or something.
My take is this. Either the police had an idea about all these fellows (not 100% but say 90%), they were not given political clearance (see how Nagori was not allowed first to be booked by Mayawati, then on court orders she relented). Now when they got clearance (after Delhi blast), and with Nagori and assoc. singing, it became easy to catch all in one go. This is a charitable explanation.
Second could be that police is under pressure now to show results (see most of the captures are mainly being attributed to cong ruled states). The police is going after small fishes or maybe framing people just to get over it (though I doubt they would dare do that looking at the media and the political set up). They have left many cells and the big handlers untouched, and if this is true, we may see more terrorist acts in the day to come.
I am no security expert, nor do I know any inside information, but based on what I am reading, this whole thing looks like putting a bandage on a torn gut, when you need a deep operation to fix it. And I mean operation like not going at the root of grievence, more like who has been organizing it.
Rgds,
fanne
harik
BRFite

Post by harik »

fanne wrote:Ramana,
With due respect I think something is a miss with IM.
It was unwoven quite fast. I understand that Guj police did a good job and caught the culprit. Then that led to Delhi gang being caught (it seams like Guj gang and Delhi gang was same). Then MP police catches the financier who was on run for few years (they were looking for him and then caught). I am willing to agree that this group caught knew about it and they ratted out. Then we hear how Bombay gang is captured, not related to this but some colleague of the Software terrorist provide lead to the police. Police crackes the case in a week (where they have not been able to catch the 7/7 guys for many years). The Hyd case and Banglore is still not solved. The Taufiq guy is still not caught. Then they claim that a 24 yr old Atiq guy (now dead) was the ring leader, he would be 19 yrs of age during Varanasi blast, 2 young to be a leader or something.
My take is this. Either the police had an idea about all these fellows (not 100% but say 90%), they were not given political clearance (see how Nagori was not allowed first to be booked by Mayawati, then on court orders she relented). Now when they got clearance (after Delhi blast), and with Nagori and assoc. singing, it became easy to catch all in one go. This is a charitable explanation.
Second could be that police is under pressure now to show results (see most of the captures are mainly being attributed to cong ruled states). The police is going after small fishes or maybe framing people just to get over it (though I doubt they would dare do that looking at the media and the political set up). They have left many cells and the big handlers untouched, and if this is true, we may see more terrorist acts in the day to come.
I am no security expert, nor do I know any inside information, but based on what I am reading, this whole thing looks like putting a bandage on a torn gut, when you need a deep operation to fix it. And I mean operation like not going at the root of grievence, more like who has been organizing it.
Rgds,
fanne

In Strange fashion , Families whose wards were killed in Banglore, Gujarat, Jaipur ...Should Thanks Delhi ( strange as i sounds and probably pathetic ), had it not been blasts in Delhi ... all this exposure would not have happened.
It would have been back ..Ahhh its BJP state , Ayodhya, Pograms etc etc...

Strange are the ways of ..
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

Naah, I think Guj police had got in Nagori one of the head guys. So it was from now on just a matter of time. Yes Delhi blast forced Manmohan and Sonia's hand, they had infor on Atiq's phone number way before the blast, but Delhi police waited until 29 innocent people were killed to act on it. If you watch one of these US law and order shows, it is apperant that after having someone cell number how easy it is to catch. (Of course I would not go into the science of it).
rgds,
fanne
harik
BRFite

Post by harik »

fanne wrote:Naah, I think Guj police had got in Nagori one of the head guys. So it was from now on just a matter of time. Yes Delhi blast forced Manmohan and Sonia's hand, they had infor on Atiq's phone number way before the blast, but Delhi police waited until 29 innocent people were killed to act on it. If you watch one of these US law and order shows, it is apperant that after having someone cell number how easy it is to catch. (Of course I would not go into the science of it).
rgds,
fanne
Delhi blast forced timepass and Sonia's hand
Rye
BRFite

Post by Rye »

There needs to be an Indian TV show along the lines of "Law and Order" and "Crime Scene Investigation" (the Las Vegas version is the best) to show how the different branches of govt. work together and how the line between their responsibilities is drawn. These shows get huge ratings and are immensely popular.

Lot of Indians are clueless about the whole structure of the justice system, and the St-stephen's educated fools in the media like Karan Thapar and Rajdeep Sardeai, Barkha Dutt, Prannoy Roy, and Sagarika Ghosh who would not know elementary details on how the system works, but will be ready to cast their judgement on how the buck-toothed and anemic Indian justice system is "terrorizing ordinary muslim citizens"....that stuff is not true a majority of the time.

Otherwise, the Naxalites and the CPI(M) rats who have their claws in the media (there seem to a surfeit of terrorist sympathizers in the Indian media) will be able to draw an equivalence between "real terrorism" and "state terrorism", and join hands with their islamist buddies to spread that message. Arundhoti Roy has been busy trying to spread exactly this POV, and she is being helped by dubious organizations like PUCL and marxist orgs.
Last edited by Rye on 26 Sep 2008 21:39, edited 1 time in total.
Arun_S
BRF Oldie

Post by Arun_S »

Muppalla wrote:More fun.

Arjun backs Jamia's decision to support Delhi blasts accused

NEW DELHI: HRD Minister Arjun Singh has backed the decision of Jamia Millia Islamia University to provide legal aid to two of its students accused in the Delhi serial blasts, saying the step was in national interest.

Jamia Vice-Chancellor Professor Mushirul Hasan met Singh to apprise him of the decision of the university to provide legal aid to the two students, a move criticised by the BJP.

"There is nothing wrong in providing legal aid... In this case, I have got full details. Whatever Mushirul Hasan told me, I understand in this context, the decision of the university is in the interest of the nation," Singh said.

The BJP, meanwhile, has demanded dismissal of the Vice-Chancellor and termed the decision as "atrocious, anti-national and highly objectionable".

Speaking to reporters after meeting the minister, Hasan said BJP's allegation that the university was diverting the government funds for providing legal aid was "baseless".

"Providing legal aid is the decision of the Academic Council. Legal aid is the constitutional right of every person. We stand by our decision. There is no question of my resignation," he said.

Noting that the classes have been running smoothly and the recent incidents have not affected the confidence of students, he said, "the confidence of students has gone up after my interaction and peace march in the campus".

Appealing to political parties not to politicise the issue, Hasan said, "if it is politicised, the repercussion will not be good".

Asked whether he was facing any threat, Hasan said it should not affect the "principle".
WTF, where does the constitution say that "Legal aid is the constitutional right of every person"?

AFAIK when the case is in court (not when it is in investigative phase E.g. remand hearing) and if the defendant has no private legal counsel, then court will appoint a lawyer as a legal aid to defend his case.

Jamia Vice-Chancellor Professor Mushirul Hasan is using high sounding words to twist law and constitution for the media and aam janata.

Pathetic creature.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Arun_S wrote:Jamia Vice-Chancellor Professor Mushirul Hasan is using high sounding words to twist law and constitution for the media and aam janata.
One good way to tackle this sort of "changes to the constitution on the fly" is to use the Letters to the Editor type features in every news paper. We should write out to media, that what ever these people say is outright lie and Constitution just cannot be defined by any one, based on one's whims and fancies.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

People may call me a liberal but access to lawyers is a fundamental right in a democracy.

It would mitigate the charges of police abuse etc. Dont forget the Indian Police Act is a combination of the Mughal Zabardasti system along with the Royal Ulster Armed Constublary of the English. (Ref. Hugh Tinker in his landmark book "India and Pakistan"). Both are the products of occupying powers. So need checks and balances.

I want the UGC to regularise this right for students as that idea will take the country forward. Tomorrow others could be in same soup in other states.

The govt should not only be fair but more importantly appear to be fair. We dont need more mutinies.
Rye
BRFite

Post by Rye »

The terror suspects should definitely have access to lawyers, and I am fine with the legal aid wing of JMI finding a good lawyer and organizing fund-raisers to pay for people who want the suspects to have a fair trial, failing which the state can pay for the legal aid. It is the use of taxpayer money for purposes that they were not originally intended for (that Mushirul Hasan and Arjun #!^$ Singh are advocating) that is galling.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Arun_S wrote:WTF, where does the constitution say that "Legal aid is the constitutional right of every person"?
But...but..Arun-saar, in his defense, Arjun Singh has not read the constitution.

Ramana-saar,
I agree with you (to an extent). But according to Indian law, if a person cannot afford to hire a lawyer, the court appoints a one on his behalf. The specific objection is JMI using its funds defend the accused. The question is why ? What criteria do they use who to represent and who not to ? Will they provide legal assistance irrespective of crime to all their students ? will they provide it only for criminal cases, or also for civil cases ? Was this a university policy before the incident happened ? Did the accused request assistance from JMI ? Will they provide assistance to all accused students in the future ?

or the elephant in the room is this: Is it a cheap ploy for publicity and to attract donations from the types who would like to see such incidents in the future and promote the sense of victimization among the Indian Muslim community ?

I see a larger conspiracy in such actions. The "liberals" and "minorities" who should in fact be strengthening the rule of law to afford equal protections to everyone, are in fact, weakening it by questioning the very basis and fairness of our legal system. They methodically dispute the police evidence (even after a top cop is killed), dispute judgement by courts (remember our very own home minister linking Sarabjit with Afzal ?) and are dismantling the very basis from which law derives its power - the perception of fairness and neutrality.

This is bad for everyone. More so for the "liberals" and "minorities".
Last edited by Anujan on 26 Sep 2008 22:08, edited 1 time in total.
harik
BRFite

Post by harik »

Sachin wrote:
Arun_S wrote:Jamia Vice-Chancellor Professor Mushirul Hasan is using high sounding words to twist law and constitution for the media and aam janata.
One good way to tackle this sort of "changes to the constitution on the fly" is to use the Letters to the Editor type features in every news paper. We should write out to media, that what ever these people say is outright lie and Constitution just cannot be defined by any one, based on one's whims and fancies.
Sachin,

Either you dont know how *sampling* is done, or you dont mean it.

This is one reason for the Media thread. Doc . Want to crop my hairs before I came for Surgery. :)
Rye
BRFite

Post by Rye »

The mainstream english media never prints any dissenting (from their marxist worldview) opinions in the letters to the editor. They cherry pick the favourable opinions and throw the rest in the trash -- writing letters to the editor is a waste of time, and it has always been.

lakshmic wrote:
I see a larger conspiracy in such actions. The "liberals" and "minorities" who should in fact be strengthening the rule of law to afford equal protections to everyone, are in fact, weakening it by questioning the very basis and fairness of our legal system. They methodically dispute the police evidence (even after a top cop is killed), dispute judgement by courts (remember our very own home minister linking Sarabjit with Afzal ?) and are dismantling the very basis from which law derives its power - the perception of fairness and neutrality.
I agree. You are right on the money, boss. The really annoying part is that elected officials like Arjun Singh are actively weakening the system from the inside -- if I did not know any better, Arjun Singh is some sort of a chinese trojan plant in the Indian political system (recall that his daughter is married to Nepalese royal family who are tight with the Chinese govt.).

Nothing he has done when had power to change India has ever helped India, no matter what his portfolio was....he managed to get a foot in the door during the punjab insurgency times, and since then he has embarrassed his own party many times, including during this current UPA administration.

What is even more worrying is the rest of the INC and the PM and the Home Minister also pushing such views that are just opening a pandora's box of setting bad legal precedents...they are more interested in making sure that their political opposition gets no credit for law and order by weakening the law in non-congress states than protecting the lives of Indians.

I can see why citizens are calling some of these elected officials traitors (not that I agree with them) --- it is hard to differentiate between malice and incompetence most times.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

http://www.expressbuzz.com/edition/stor ... meA==&SEO=

Now, Hyderabadi Moulana flies out of country

Vikram Sharma I ENS25 Sep 2008 05:17:00 AM ISTHYDERABAD: Hyderabad-based Moulana Abdul Aleem Islahi, who, police believe, is the key link to the Indian Mujahideen, which triggered the serial blasts in Ahmedabad and Delhi, has left the country.

The move is being seen by Intelligence agencies as an attempt to avoid interrogation by the police.

The Moulana, said to be close to a Minister in the State Government, told his family members that he was going to perform ‘Umra’ in the holy city of Mecca.

A resident of Jeevan Yar Jung Colony in Saidabad, he left the country with at least two persons who are not his family members. Surprisingly, the AP Police could not prevent him from leaving the city.

This came as a double blow for the sleuths, who suspect that the techie, Abdus Subhan Qureshi alias Tauqeer, the masterbrain of the Indian Mujahideen, may have already crossed over to Bangladesh.

Top police sources from Delhi told Express that confessions of some arrested members of the Indian Mujahideen revealed that the Moulana had provided them shelter. An alleged SIMI member himself, the Moulana runs a madarasa — Jamaat- Ul-Banaat — at Chandrayangutta in the Old City.

The Gujarat Police had been keeping an eye on the Moulana ever since Mufti Abdul Bashar, the alleged mastermind of the Ahmedabad blasts, coughed up his name in his confession. But the serial blasts in Delhi had shifted their focus albiet temporarily.

The Mufti had worked in the Moulana’s madarasa for two years and the latter had even arranged accommodation for him. "Though there is no direct evidence linking him to the serial blasts, the information that he gave shelter to the Mufti and hosted several meetings of the SIMI at his residence might call for his interrogation," officials said.

The techie — Abdus Subhan Qureshi alias Tauqeer — who is now the most wanted man, had also visited and reportedly stayed at the Moulana’s house for several days between 2004 and 2007.

One of the arrested SIMI leaders, Qamruddin Nagori, had also held meetings in the Moulana’s house. The Moulana’s son, Mohtasim Billa, was arrested recently for indulging in anti-national activities while his other son, Mujahid Saleem Islahi died outside the DGP’s office in 2004, after the Gujarat Police opened fire to control a violent mob.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

The Moulana, said to be close to a Minister in the State Government, told his family members that he was going to perform ‘Umra’ in the holy city of Mecca
Shabbir Ali - Minister for Energy, Coal, Minorities Welfare, Wakf, Urdu Academy

He is an ex-SIMI and current minister in AP cabinet. This person has released many suspects from jails and the police in AP is not able to achieve progress in blasts. Talk to any non-muslim taxi/cab driver to get more information about this person. Anger is growing in the city and the bridges might break anytime.
Sridhar
BRFite

Post by Sridhar »

Shiv,

I did not see your last response - I have now and am compelled to respond one last time because I see that you have continued with your lies.

I have been a long-standing member of this forum and everyone knows that while my political views may be different from yours, I have always outrightly condemned Islamist violence without any ifs and buts. My article on BRM on ethnic cleansing of Hindus and Sikhs by Pakistani muslims during partition is testimony to that. There is absolutely nothing in my latest post either which you can point to that does what you allege. Who is fake and who is not is for us to judge in our own conscience. Further, not once have I alleged that you or anybody else was a bigot. If you want to consider yourself one, it is your business, but it has nothing to do with my post.

There is no question of any shame or embarrassment, just regret and sadness that it comes to this since I have considered you to be a friend.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

The latest India today is a treasure trove on the terrorist and their organization. It is free and one can read it
http://emagazine.digitaltoday.in/indiat ... /home.aspx

This is what it has to say -
Top group comprise of 12 people - Only known member Tauqeer (probably working on ISI order)
Next group - code name - call of Islam, 60,000 in number. Lead double life, Activate once they receive order from top group. Present all over India. Over 35 yrs age
Next group - 6,000 call Ikhwan, Sleeper cell, activated to do a job and lead a double life
Next group - 550 called Ansars (helpers), They plant bombs and what not. All caught, including Nagori are ansars (so some 12 down)
Next group - Code named white falcon - Indoctrinate 5 to 10 yrs in jehad
Next group - Last group Mislim Brotherhood, fascilitate Jihad, money etc, 10 lakh donors, mainly in gulf.

rgds,
fanne
Rye
BRFite

Post by Rye »

The allegation of bigotry in the average hindu is implied by the equivalence of the hindu faithful (not the Bajrang Dal crowd -- just your regular vanilla hindu) with the islamist bigot by pretending that both are equally dangerous to the polity at the present time. According to this bizarro-world logic that is supported by the scumbags in charge, an Islamist blows up bomb and kills people? That's easy...clearly the answer is to ban violent hindu groups so that more muslims do not get offended when fingers are pointed towards Islam. How does that help the situation one bit?

If Bajrang Dal starts to commit acts of terrorism, go take them out like SIMI is being taken out......but unless people commit crimes they cannot be held accountable for having murderous thoughts, however ridiculous...if that was the case, a good chunk of Indians would have to be incarcerated. SIMI is being held liable because a significant number of members of SIMI have committed terrorist acts on Indian soil, not because "hindu bigots hate all muslims and therefore want to destroy SIMI" --- an argument some of the fake liberal jackasses seem to be making.

SIMI is done for --- if Indian muslim students want to rally under a banner, they need to find a different name for themselves, other than SIMI. But if this new-SIMI leans towards thuggery like its predecessor, then the results will be identical. SIMI members horribly beat up an IB officer who was JUST VISITING Aligarh Muslim University to ask questions -- this was long before they started blowing up bombs in all the major metros. But the "Secular" worthies in the media provided covering fire and allowed the chancellor of AMU (who defended these thugs just like Mushirul Hassan) to get away with assaulting an officer of the law.

Of course, what is going to happen is that the #^&@# who run the country will deliberately confuse the definition of terrorism in a way that helps them gain political advantage -- there is no sincerity to protect the citizen at the very foundation of their thoughts.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

Ramana is right. They need to stabilize the situation around Jamia. This is something a bit beyond going by the rule books. However culpable they are to external anti-national influences, a significant part of Indian population is ruffled. These sentiments needs to be channeled instead of dammed or escalated. Else the nation's establishment and policies can be held hostage by "bigger external influences" (what with news channels going renegade).

f**k Arjun Singh. This issue is much bigger than that. That guy, in his suckup to the commies, does huge damage to Congress and is a BJP strategist's dream come true.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

Sridhar-ji, I dont think we should walk away from each other. However intensely we disagree. And dont take this personally, for your posts on different subjects are much valued (at least me personally).

I am talking beyond party lines and the manufactured North-South ethnic divides at this point. rather I am talking about the North-South disparity amongst political thinkers.

IMO, there is a gap between Northern political thought process and Southern political thought processes. The gap was small to non-existent immediately after Independence, because Gandhi, for good or for bad, (yeah, that useless shady bugger) provided a focal point. But post-Gandhi, Nehru could not handle it as well and started off this drift. As the nation progressed, political South and North gradually started moving away from each other. At the same time, in a truly Indian way, the aam admi started getting more integrated with each other, be it culturally or otherwise. We have this weird situation where we have a tightly integrated economy, cultural consensus etc at a people level, but political leadership often times cannot understand each other.

This gap in political thinking leads to big assumptions of each other. The political South has never acknowledged the intense feeling that the political North has of being invaded and plundered repeatedly (and also the "never again!" battle cry because of that). Nor does the political North acknowledge that political South might have implemented some solutions(however imperfect) for circumventing an apocalyptical showdown or that any political ideas need to have a good regional context for it to be sold.

I am apolitical at this point in my life. But once upon a time I asked Sudarshan-ji, during a Q&A when he visited Trivandrum in the early 90s, on why he needs to have a picture of Shivaji behind him. How about a picture of Dharma Raja, who fought and defeated Tipu? Why not reach out and talk to the South political process? This sort of issues are there for all national parties. Some Congress leader from Delhi comes along and asks the local leaders to "discipline" some local communist leader. The local congress guys have a hard time explaining that they cant do that in Kerala, because their political base is more gentile than the "masses" of the Left and any strong action will alienate them. Nor can they go to a political North area and say naively, "Let us all form a daisy chain and sing rhymes of love" etc etc.

Anyways, my point is this - we need to keep talking. We will not agree right now, but that should not mean we are all losing. Walking away from a fight/argument wont end the fight. rather it prolongs it, instead of the expected petering out.

This forum being a military oriented one, was always right of centre (even our late Anand K used to post opinion that is totally non-Congress like). So I dont think there should be any illusions about one thing: terrorism is bad and no "root-cause" is good enough to indulge in such activity. particularly by Indians against Indians.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

hnair wrote:Ramana is right. They need to stabilize the situation around Jamia. This is something a bit beyond going by the rule books. However culpable they are to external anti-national influences, a significant part of Indian population is ruffled. These sentiments needs to be channeled instead of dammed or escalated. Else the nation's establishment and policies can be held hostage by "bigger external influences" (what with news channels going renegade).

f**k Arjun Singh. This issue is much bigger than that. That guy, in his suckup to the commies, does huge damage to Congress and is a BJP strategist's dream come true.

Thanks hnair for seeing it like it is. Its much bigger thant he useless back stabber. This is a way for the Indian law and order to win back their legitimacy which is being eroded by conniving politicians. When a person like nagori's dad is saddened it effacts all of us. But I wnat the UGC to regualrise for all utys and not just in Jamia case.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

the latest India Today has some details on the hierarchy of the IM. there said to be 12 key
people of which the at-large Tauqeer is only one. there are separate groups for recon, logistics,
indocrination, command & control and most disturbingly a unit to brainwash madrasa pupils in
the 5-10 yrs age group for jihad.

Ram bilas paswan, Lalu and Mulla yadav all three have in the past supported SIMI strongly
which the article mentions. paswan also wants indian citizenship for every BD currently in India.
the BSF director says 1.2 mil BDs have disappeared into India on legal tourist visa alone in
the last few yrs.

http://indiatoday.digitaltoday.in/index ... =72&latn=2

excerpt:
Structure & roles

* There is a core group of 12 leaders, of which the only known member is Tauqeer. The others operate from the shadows and intelligence sources say that they could be working on ISI orders. They believe in the same extremist (pure) form of Islam as bin Laden and Mullah Omar.

* The largest group is codenamed Call of Islam. They are all over 35 years of age and number up to 60,000. They are spread across the country but are present in larger numbers in Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, West Bengal and Kerala, besides Maharashtra. Many are preachers, teachers, professionals and educationists, who on the surface are law abiding citizens but issue instructions to those below them based on orders they get from the top leadership.

* The group below them is called Ikhwan (brothers), which has 6,000 core members. They are mostly sleepers who are activated for a particular purpose and then left alone to resume their double identities.

* Below them is a group of 550 members known as Ansars (helpers). All Ahmedabad and Jaipur blasts accused, besides their leaders like Nagori, are Ansars. They not just plan attacks but also plant bombs and buy the raw material for these.

* The next group is code-named "The White Falcon". Their job is to enlist and indoctrinate children aged between five and 10 years in the jihadi cause.

* Finally, there is the group codenamed Muslim Brotherhood. They play a vital role since their main function is to raise funds through hawala and other methods, largely using Muslims serving in the Gulf countries, and keep in contact with jihadi outfits. The body has reportedly enlisted some 10 lakh regular donors, a large number of them in the Gulf countries.
G Subramaniam
BRFite

Post by G Subramaniam »

* Finally, there is the group codenamed Muslim Brotherhood. They play a vital role since their main function is to raise funds through hawala and other methods, largely using Muslims serving in the Gulf countries, and keep in contact with jihadi outfits. The body has reportedly enlisted some 10 lakh regular donors, a large number of them in the Gulf countries.

---

10 lakh regular donors
means 1 million regular donors
out of a 150 million total population

meaning virtually every businessmen and techie in IM is donating to jihad

meaning hindus must question whether they should patronise the muslim grocer, the muslim store owner, the muslim garage, the muslim techie

It also means a large number of IMs are jihadist, not a small minority

---
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

and dont forget the intense but passive supporters who turn a blind eye to illegal activities in their
ghettos and the occasional donors.
G Subramaniam
BRFite

Post by G Subramaniam »

Singha wrote:and dont forget the intense but passive supporters who turn a blind eye to illegal activities in their
ghettos and the occasional donors.
The emperor has no clothes

For decades we have been fed a lie that the riotous jihadist IMs all went away to TSP
in 1947

History books, not only of ancient history but also recent history 1857-1947
was white washed

Thats why the Indian public is surprised

Whereas the hindu 'fanatics' were waiting to see when the 1947 jihadists will re-emerge

It is not a small minority, but a fairly large section of the minority involved in this

---

In kashmir valley, there are 5000 active jihadists, 500,000 overground supporters of jihad
and possibly another 2 million jihadi sympathisers of a total population of 5 million

---

What has emboldened SIMI is the soft Indian policy in kashmir
I have seen IM websites, that claim that if GOI cant handle 5 million muslims in kashmir valley
how can it handle 150 million IM who start to riot

---
Rye
BRFite

Post by Rye »

G. Subramanian wrote:
meaning virtually every businessmen and techie in IM is donating to jihad
This kind of fear mongering is ridiculous.
yvijay
BRFite

Post by yvijay »

^ I second that. How did GS come to conclusion it has to be only techie and businessman that donate? Every muslim has to pay zakat, so its not only the techie and businessman.
G Subramaniam
BRFite

Post by G Subramaniam »

Sorry, let me rephrase

to have 1 milliion regular donors out of 150 million

Consider a single family with 4 kids and 2 parents = 6

meaning 25 million households

of this 20 million are too poor

This leaves 5 million, wealthy middle class - shop keeper, techie etc
so 1 million contribute

so the correct number is 20% fund jihadists