The Mughal Era in India

ramana
Forum Moderator

Re: The Mughal Era in India

Post by ramana »

Singha wrote:the wiki entry for feroze gandhi contains a mysterious line that he was not the son of his purported father but the son of his aunt with a famous advocate. she was a highly qualified senior surgeon..a rarity for women of that era.
It was established that Feroze was not the biological son of Jehangir Gandhy, but was the son of his sister Shirin Gandhy with a famous advocate named Raj Bahadur Prasad Kakkar.[11]

more here:
http://books.google.co.in/books?id=3bt5 ... er&f=false

How does one read this book? Have to sign into google?

If so pelase post relevant excerpt.
brihaspati
BRF Oldie

Post by brihaspati »

Virendra wrote:B ji,

My Rajput friend was laughing when I told him that Jaichand was not a Rathore but a Gadhavala and that Babur was gay.
It didn't pinch me that he didn't know. Sad part was how he took it and that he perhaps didn't even believe me.
My bad after all; I (wrongly) assumed that being a Rajput he had better disposition towards history.
Anyway, this happened few months back and the very next day of our meeting, I sent him on FB the same quotes as above and many others from Baburnama.
He didn't reply :) Nobody cares to know the truth I guess :roll:

Maun Mohan, Oil-Natwar and the dimple dienasty had even done sajda at this guy's grave. Shame to shame I think ..

Regards,
Virendra
But some of us still practise bhumisajjya for certain times of the year, and keep a bundle of grass below our beds. Or cook "wild/lowly" seeds. SHQ's tilak was done from cut finger. One doesn't have to be a Rajput to choose between Prataap and Jai.

Start choosing the side. Make a stand even privately even if tactically not in public - because winning is the ultimate end, and not getting eliminated in useless bravado. Even if you are in the minority. Practise the symbols sincerely and pass it on. One day there will be many from one.

I know what I am saying will happen. If you are sincere, you will feel this too.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

ramana wrote:
Singha wrote:the wiki entry for feroze gandhi contains a mysterious line that he was not the son of his purported father but the son of his aunt with a famous advocate. she was a highly qualified senior surgeon..a rarity for women of that era.
It was established that Feroze was not the biological son of Jehangir Gandhy, but was the son of his sister Shirin Gandhy with a famous advocate named Raj Bahadur Prasad Kakkar.[11]

more here:
http://books.google.co.in/books?id=3bt5 ... er&f=false

How does one read this book? Have to sign into google?

If so pelase post relevant excerpt.
I think you just need to have a google+ or gmail account and that link will automatically work. the pages are served as scanned images so not possible to cut and paste here. contains another dark rumour spread by one minu masani (later broke away from INC and founded swatantra party) who shared a cell with JLN in jail that his wife and FG had some kinda affair though the book does not consider it to be a probable thing and instead speaks of a deep platonic type bond. FG was there in switzerland when she passed away and made all her arrangements to live in the sanatorium.
Yayavar
BRF Oldie

Post by Yayavar »

SBajwa wrote:
He was a Singh (Lion) but 'Singh' in his name is a modern addition it seems.
True! Actually right when Khalsa was besieged at Gurdas Nangal. Bhai Binod Singh (direct descendant of 2nd Guru and who came with Banda from Nanded on the orders of Guru Gobind singh) and Banda Bahadur had a rift. Bhai Binod Singh wanted to go for an all out assault on Mughal Forces while Banda did not. So the two groups got created. 780 decided to stay behind with Banda while rest decided to go on an all out assault to break the siege of Mughal Farukhsiyar.

Somehow the name Banda Bahadur remained attached to him. I think it is an insult to such a hero to not call him Singh. We should call him Banda Singh Bahadur.
SBajwa: It is great having folks like you on the forum who have so much information and are willing to share it. Thanks.

Banda Bahadur has been known by that name so far. He needs no additional epithets or appellations. So there is no insult in remembering him as 'the Bahadur'. The attachment of 'Singh' to his name started coming up in the 80's and so is tainted in my view. The academicians and article writers who started using it did not describe why. It does seem political and so I for one will suggest he stays Banda (the) Bahadur.

The rest is up to debate I guess, and we can go back to Mughal bashing here.
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

I always knew him as Banda Bairagi.

What is the harm in calling him Singh? After all he was initiated into Khalsa by Guru Gobind Singhji himself.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

My father is 80 and always remember from childhood that he refers to him always as 'Banda Singh Bahadar', though now it strikes me as strange that from other people and sources it's always been 'Banda Bahadur' only.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Sbajwa was the first one many a moon back who first let us unaware macaulay kids know who he was.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

thanks folks!! Till 2012 there was not a single memorial for Banda Singh Bahadur but now there is one close to Mohali at Chapar Chiri where Banda Singh Bahadur won the biggest battle that he fought with the Governor of the Sarhind named Wazir Khan.

SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Yayavar
BRF Oldie

Post by Yayavar »

Nice pictures. Will see it next time I'm near there.
Singha, Kakkaji: I noted on the name before and described why it seemed that the emphasis seemed political. It is not that some people called him with the appellation Singh, but he has been commonly referenced as Banda Bahadur or Bairagi. He was not so much into the 'fold', or his followers were not, as SBajwa has detailed so well. In recent times there has been an emphasis on using 'Singh' and it seems to me to have come about with hardening of stance in Punjab - the extreme form we saw in the 80's and early 90's. That is where the discomfort is. Let the memory and reverence be as is. There is a hardening of stance across the board in India among various factions. And it seemed to me to be part of that. It is just my thoughts. In the end the name probably wont matter as long as the deeds are remembered.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Err viv you might be seeing more than there is. Asserting identity is a modern trend.
Besides calling things and people by right name is beginning of wisdom say the wise.

Bairagi is a honorific to his saintliness and to highlight his tyaga guna.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

skyscrapercity has some good pics of anandpur sahib...impressive work in punjab...very nice looking
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1540570

http://www.shunya.net/Pictures/NorthInd ... rSahib.htm
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Attack on Delhi[edit source | editbeta]

In February 1764, a body of 30,000 Sikhs under the command of Baghel Singh (Named Tes Hazari after his attack) and other leading warriors crossed the Yamuna and captured Saharanpur. They overran the territory of Najib ud-Daulah, the Ruhila chief, acquiring from him a tribute of eleven lakh of rupees (INR 1,100,000). In April 1775, Baghel Singh with two other sardars (Rai Singh Bhangi and Tara Singh Ghaiba) crossed the Yamuna to occupy that country, which was then ruled by Zabita Khan, who was the son and successor of Najib ud-Daulah. Zabita Khan in desperation offered Baghel Singh large sums of money and proposed an alliance to jointly plunder the crown lands. Sardar Baghel Singh set up an octroi-post near Sabzi Mandi to collect the tax on the goods imported into the city to finance the search and the construction of the Sikh Temples. (He did not want to use the cash received from the Government Treasury for this purpose, and most of that was handed out to the needy and poor. He often distributed sweetmeats bought out of this government gift to the congregationalists at the place which is now known as the Pul Mithai.) In March 1776, they defeated the imperial forces of Mughal emperor, Shah Alam II near Muzaffarnagar. The whole of the Yamuna Gangetic Doab was now at their mercy.

On 11 March 1783, when the Sikhs entered the Red Fort in Delhi and occupied the Diwani-Am, the Mughal emperor Shah Alam II made a settlement with them agreeing to allow Baghel Singh to raise gurdwaras on Sikh historical sites in the city and receive six annas in a rupee (37.5%) of all the octroi duties in the capital. Baghel Singh stayed in Sabzi Mandi with 4000 troops and took charge of the police station in Chandni Chowk. He located seven sites connected with the lives of the Gurus and had shrines raised thereon within the space of eight months, from April to November 1783. Gurdwara Sis Ganj marked the spot in the main Mughal street of Chandni Chowk where Guru Tegh Bahadur had been executed under the fiat of the emperor and Gurdwara Rakab Ganj Sahib, near modern day Parliament House, where the body was cremated. Bangla Sahib and Bala Sahib commemorated the Eighth Guru, Guru Har Krishan. Three other gurdwaras were built at Majnu ka Tilla, Moti Bagh, and Telivara.

Battle of Ghanaur

In 1778 the Mughal emperor Shah Alam II sent an estimated army of 100,000 soldiers to chastise the Sikhs. The Mughal force was commanded by the wazir Nawab Majad ud Daula under the banner of the crown prince. In addition to being a brave warrior, Baghel Singh was a sharp strategist and statesman. He was able to out-maneouvre the strong Mughal army in the battle of Ghanaur, near Patiala city. As a result of the victory, the huge Mughal army surrendered before Baghel Singh's forces.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

a painting of this great warrior Baghel singh
http://www.sikhsangatofva.org/images2/h ... images.htm

painting of banda singh bahadur
http://www.sikhsangatofva.org/images2/h ... images.htm

and a name the pathans know well - hari singh nalwa
http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/attachmen ... _nalwa.jpg
Yayavar
BRF Oldie

Post by Yayavar »

ramana wrote:Err viv you might be seeing more than there is. Asserting identity is a modern trend.
Besides calling things and people by right name is beginning of wisdom say the wise.

Bairagi is a honorific to his saintliness and to highlight his tyaga guna.
Possible Ramanaji. The simple point was that the name is what one has been referred to for over 200 years and now it is being used as part of the identity assertion in current times; and commenced in not so happy times of 80's. But time to move on to other topics.
Virendra
BRFite

Post by Virendra »

Great posts.
Can we also discuss the events surrounding Jat occupation of Delhi?
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

I am posting P.N. Oak's book on Taj Mahal in text. I'll try try to post the whole book in text. It is difficult to find these books(particularly in text), so I will type in. Part 1.
-------------------------
The Taj Mahal Is A Temple Palace by P. N. Oak

Preface To Taj Mahal was a Rajput Palace.

The serene beauty, majesty and grandeur of the Taj Mahal have made it known all over the world. But what is not so well known is the true story of its origin, that its magnificence stems from its having originated as a palace.

It is a pity that the Taj Mahal is believed to have originated as a sombre tomb in 17th century when it was perhaps built in the 4th century to serve as a palace.

The suddenness with which his gay and magnificent palace got converted into a tomb must have constituted a very unfortunate occurrence of Jaisingh’s life.

The changeover has proved a shroud deluding everybody from lay visitors to researchers and history scholars that the Taj was built as a sepulchre.

Popular nostalgia for legendary love has helped fan the flame of Shahjahan’s mythical attachment to Mumtaz into a raging fire, enveloping the Taj in the dazzle of leaping flames and blinding smoke of imaginary accounts, discouraging any cool, dispassionate research about its origin.

The utter incompatibility and inconsistency of the loose bits of information mouthed and written about the Taj Mahal, clanking to a crescendo of jarring notes in my subconscious mind, impelled me to attempt sorting them out from a tangled mass and piecing them together to find out whether they made a coherent and plausible account.

To my amazement it led me to an unexpected conclusion, namely, that far from originating as a mediaeval tomb the Taj was built by a powerful Rajput king as his palace in pre-Muslim times.

My research has also led to an incidental but nonetheless important finding, that the Peacock Throne too is perhaps as ancient as the Taj Mahal, and that it used to be placed in the chamber which encloses the cenotaphs of Shahjahan and Mumtaz.

My conclusions are based on a number of historical works, both mediaeval and modern. A list of them appears at the end of this book. I have quoted from those authorities extensively. The extracts, accompanied by the relevant details about the name of the book, author and page number, have been included in the narrative itself instead of appearing as footnotes at the bottom of each page.

The conclusions reached in this book might unsettle some important portions of mediaeval history as currently taught and presented. But since all education is a relentless search for the Truth, it is hoped that all readers, whether lay admirers of the Taj, prying scholars or researchers, archaeological officials or teachers of history, will neither shy away nor be scared in facing the truth about the Taj.

February, 1965 P.N. Oak
• published April 1965, a forerunner to the present volume.

-------------------------------------------------------
Introduction
To
The Second Edition

Unlike this book and its forerunner, titled Taj Mahal was a Rajput Palace, which are research works, all other books and accounts of the Taj Mahal written during the last 300 years are based on pure fantasy. We were surprised to learn after meticulous inquiry that despite the plethora of printed hocus-pocus churned out on the Taj Mahal all the world over there is not a single book containing a well-documented, comprehensive account of the origin of the Taj Mahal quoting exhaustively only contemporary authorities. Subsequent hearsay accounts are hardly worth any notice for historical research, since one writer’s opinion is as good as any other’s.

Since the Taj Mahal is a building complex of world renown the absence of a single coherent and unquestionably authentic account is indeed surprising. How and why have universities and research institutions the world over bypassed such a stupendous and attractive subject like the Taj Mahal? Why do all accounts of the Taj Mahal content themselves with merely lisping the self-same, confused, irreconcilable and slipshod, imaginary details about its origin, viz. the period of construction, the expense incurred, the source of the money spent, the designers and workmen, the date of Mumtaz’s burial in it, and every other facet?

Perhaps it is just as well that no scholarly body every succeeded in producing a coherent and authoritative account of the building of the Taj Mahal. Whosoever attempted to do any research on the subject got lost in such a maze of inconsistent and contradictory accounts that he found himself helplessly repeating the same old abracadabra. He had to be content with placing before the reader loose bits of inconsistent, anomalous and contradictory versions on every point. All aspects of Shahjahan legend regarding the Taj Mahal being suspect, it was but natural that attempts at compiling an authoritative account of the origin of the Taj Mahal should miserably fail. Nobody ever succeeded in or hoped to say the last convincing word on the origin of the Taj Mahal. All previous attempts were bound to fail since they were all based on a wrong notion. Starting with wrong premises, they could not arrive at the right conclusion.

We are going to prove in the following pages that the Taj Mahal – meaning “ the Very Crown Among Residences” – is an ancient Hindu building and not a Muslim tomb. We shall also show how all the loose bits of information – whether factual or concocted – dished out on the platter of the Shahjahan legend fall in place and fully support our research. Just as the solution to a mathematical may be tested for its accuracy by various methods, similarly, sound historical research provides a consistent and coherent story reconciling all apparent inconsistencies.

In this book, we have produced in Photostat a passage from Shahjahan’s court chronicle, the Badshahnama, which disarmingly admits that the Taj Mahal is a commandeered Hindu palace. We have also quoted the French merchant Tavernier, who visited India during Shahjahan’s reign, to say that the cost of the scaffolding exceeded that of the entire work done regarding the mausoleum. This proves that all that Shahajan had to do was engrave Koranic texts on the walls of a Hindu palace; that is why the cost of the scaffolding was much more than the value of the entire work done. We have cited the Encyclopedia Britannica as stating that the Taj Mahal building-complex comprises stables and guest and guard rooms. We have quoted Mr. Nurul Hasan Siddiqui’s book admitting, as the Badshahnama does, that a Hindu palace was commandeered to bury Mumtaz in. We have cited Shahjahan’s fifth-generation ancestor Babur to prove that he lived in what we call the “Taj Mahal” 100 years before the death of the lady for whom the Taj Mahal is believed to have been built as a mausoleum. We have also quoted Vincent Smith to show that Babur died in the Taj Mahal. In addition to these proofs, we have scotched the Shahjahan legend in every detail and cited other voluminous evidence proving conclusively that the Taj Mahal is an ancient Hindu building.

The overwhelming proof that we have produced in this book should once and for all silence all doubters of the correctness of our finding and convince them that the whole world can go wrong where one man proves right. This has happened time and again in human history. Galileo and Einstein, for example, shocked contemporary humanity out of their rusted dogma-shells.

It was by sheer luck that we happened to find corroboration for our earlier finding on the Taj Mahal, in the Badshahnama, Mr. Siddiqui’s book, Tavernier’s travel account and Babur’s Memoirs. But we wish to take this opportunity to alert posterity and our contemporaries interested in research and tell them that the proofs set out in our earlier book (Taj Mahal was a Rajput Palace) were more than enough to convince all those well versed in judicial procedure and logic that the Taj Mahal existed much before Mumtaz’s death whose it is supposed to be.

Even if Mulla Abdul Hamid Lahori (the author of the Badshahnama) and others had prevaricated, the evidence we marshaled in our earlier book was enough to question their veracity and impel us to seek their motives. This is a lesson worth imbibing by the lay public and by researchers who have to wade through a mire of falsified and distorted accounts.

We have in this book proved to the hilt that the Taj Mahal was built to its minutest detail according to the ancient Hindu science of architecture of the Hindus, for the Hindus and by the Hindus. Now that we have firmly established it in this and in the earlier book, the topic should encourage further research to trace the history of the Taj Mahal prior to Mansingh’s and Babur’s possession of it until we get to the original Hindu builder. Jaipur royal records in the Rajasthan Archives at Bikaner or in the possession of the Jaipur ruling house might possess valuable clues. We have ourselves provided some clues in this book indicating that the Taj Mahal must have originated as Tejo Mahalaya completed in 1155-56 A.D.

We had to face a veritable barrage of soffs and sneers and other worse reactions when we first published our finding. But we are unshaken in our conviction. Those jeers and sneers came from all quarters. Particularly painful were those emanating from eminent scholars of history. Most of them expressed nothing but vehement contempt either audibly or through various acts of commission and omission. The lay public looked on, dazed in disbelief, and looked up to history teachers and professors, as if they are oracles for cues whether to laud or condemn us.

It is painful to note that scholars, who feel committed to the Shahjahan legend of the Taj Mahal, either by having authored books on the topic or guided post-graduate students along the beaten track, or by virtue of their bureaucratic and academic standing, showed a marked tendency to remain strait-jacketed in their beliefs. Obstructionist and obscurantist objections were flung at us. Many angrily asserted that we had not proved our case. But that was most unscholarly attitude. A true devotion to academic research should have urged them to give a second though to the matter. If they were right, the revision would have worked to their own advantage, because it would have bolstered up their own earlier belief by giving them an opportunity to fill up the holes which we had pointed out. If they were in the wrong their holding on to their earlier dogmas was unwarranted. They thus failed to be guided by the maxim that, “If you are in the right, you can afford to keep your temper; if in the wrong you cannot afford to lose it.”

There is another maxim for the genuine researcher, that any loopholes pointed out in an existing belief should lead to immediate intensified research rather than anger and hate against one who questions traditional beliefs. Trying to find fault with one who questions hackneyed beliefs is neither good ethics nor good scholarship. Finding fault with the method by which the discovery has been arrived at is worse. For all we know the method employed may be unorthodox or even occult. But what others should worry about is the end product or the result. They may later ask to be enlightened on the method used, but refusing to examine the conclusion by caviling at the method is missing the wood for the trees.

Luckily for us much water has flown down all the rivers since we first mooted out finding, and today our discovery is not looked upon, at least by some, as fantastic, quixotic, eccentric or just chauvinistic. The matter does not end with merely admitting that Taj Mahal to be a Hindu palace. That finding has a very far-reaching bearing on both Indian and world histories.

The Taj Mahal has all along been wrongly believed to be the very flower of mythical Indo-Saracenic architecture. Now that we have proved it to be an ancient Hindu building it should not be difficult for readers to regard with a little more respect and attention our finding explained in the book Some Blunders of Indian Historical Research that all mediaeval mosques and tombs in India are conquered and misused Hindu palaces and temples. Thus Mohammad Ghaus’s tomb in Gwalior, Salim Chisti’s mausoleum in Fatepur Sikri, Nizamuddin’s kabar in Delhi, Moinuddin Chisti’s makbara in Ajmer are all erstwhile Hindu buildings lost to Muslim conquest and use.

The other corollary to our finding on the Taj Mahal is that the Indo-Saracenic theory of architecture is a figment of the imagination. It should be deleted forthwith from history books and textbooks of civil engineering and architecture. But the actual amendment needed is minor, namely, that what has been termed as “Indo-Saracenic architecture” should henceforth be understood to mean “ancient Indian architecture.”

A third corollary is that the dome is a Hindu form of architecture.

A fourth corollary is that buildings in India and West Asia which have a resemblance to the Taj Mahal are products of Hindu architecture (Shipashastra) . Just as in our own times we find Western architecture to be in vogue all over the world, similarly in ancient times it was only Hindu (Vedic) architecture which was prevalent all over the world no matter where a building was built and for what purpose.

During our discussions with university teachers and book-reviewers, we came across some curious objections to our thesis. Having read the earlier book they objected to our methodology as being argumentative, deductive and lawyer-like.

This raises a very interesting point. Do they mean to say that deductive logic and lawyer-like arguments have no place in history research or being detrimental to arriving at correct conclusions in historical research, should be altogether avoided? Their objection amounts to asserting that the conclusions arrived at by deductive logic or by adjudicative process are all wrong.

We then ask whether man did not arrive at his present state of knowledge in every branch of human inquiry with the help of his logical faculty? How else did he progress? Take the case of geography. Thousands of years before Man could send up spacecraft to photograph the earth did he not correctly conclude that the earth was round, by sheer logic? This should thoroughly expose the hollowness of the objection. Logic is justly called the science of sciences because it treats pf reasoning which is the basis of all knowledge, from which history can claim no exemption.

Moreover, we may remind such objectors that leading lights of historical methodology like Collingwood, Walah, Renier, Langley, Seignbos, Berkley and Lord Sankey have precisely and repeatedly stressed that detective-type investigation, lawyer like argumentation and deductive reasoning are the very heart and soul of historical methodology, and that a true historian must look with suspicion even on longstanding and seemingly well-founded beliefs. To drive this point home we have included in this book a chapter on methodology. Those unable to extricate themselves from the rut of traditional thinking should know on reading that chapter that the reason why their finding on the origin of the Taj Mahal has been so wide off the truth is precisely because they have ignored or violated the guidelines for research laid down by the very scholars by whose names they have been swearing.

Incidentally, this leads to an ancillary conclusion, namely that Indian and world histories have been saddled with numerous wrong concepts precisely because teachers and researchers have all along been following wrong methodology. The fault, therefore, does not lie in our methodology. The boot is on the other leg. It was but natural that antediluvian attitudes should cause havoc in Indian and world history. The result is that today we find to our chagrin, after hundreds of years, that all that we have solicitously taught to generations of students about so-called Muslim architecture in India and their alleged benevolent rule, has to be abandoned.

The need to re-examine the different versions of the Shahjahan legend of the Taj Mahal arises because the world deserves to be told the truth about this enchanting mansion, namely that the Taj Mahal was not born out of the death of Shahjahan’s consort Mumtaz. The ghosts of Shahjahan and Mumtaz have haunted the Taj Mahal story in the minds of the people for 300 long years. It is high time that people’s minds were exorcised.

Another very important purpose we have in mind in unraveling the Taj Mahal-creation-riddle is to expose the unmethodical and slipshod manner in which many far-reaching concepts have been grafted on Indian history, and foisted on gullible, unsuspecting lay contemporaries and on posterity. Reconstructing the story of the origin of the Taj mahal should serve as a practice-lesson and highlighting the principles and safeguards that need to be kept in view by history researchers and teachers.
-----------------------------
(Introduction to Second Edition will be continued in next post)
Yayavar
BRF Oldie

Post by Yayavar »

JohneeG: In the excerpt you posted there is a statement:
It is a pity that the Taj Mahal is believed to have originated as a sombre tomb in 17th century when it was perhaps built in the 4th century to serve as a palace.
If it was in 4th century then there should be lots of accounts from then till 17th century. Can we not just get one of them and it will be QED?
Otherwise it is BRF giving into another CT with comments thrown in (in the writeup above) that those who doubt are 'preset in their mind'.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

the yamuna is likely to have changed course between the 4th and 17th century for sure. all rivers do. what is todays riverbank is unlikely to have been in 4th century. in delhi the yamuna was around 1km west of where it was now during mughal era and washed the banks of the red fort.
so any old structure may not be tied to river like ghat or riverside temple. could have been a palace but there being ample land along the bank in mughal era what was so special about this spot?
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

sounds like a nice model for future underground hangars - lca/amca etc. trishul air base is over exposing.. and not stealthy from sky.
Virendra
BRFite

Post by Virendra »

While we're at it, has anyone read 'The so called Kutub Minar - truth revealed from sky' by Prof M S Bhatnagar (published 1977)?
According to the author, the Qutub/Kutub Minar is the Dhruv Stambha - central observation tower of an ancient astronomical observatory. He has provided figures based on aerial observation of the structure. He says that from top the tower looks like a 24 petalled lotus flower where each petal represents a Hora.
There are many other points that the author has raised. This Qutub/Kutub episode was a part of his 'Stones speak series'.
Please google "The so called Kutub Minar - truth revealed from sky" or "Stones speak series" for further reading. The text is in form of scanned papers and sketches embedded in a PDF/webpage .. hence couldn't post here directly.

Regards,
Virendra
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

^radiocarbon dating or such analysis should reveal more info.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xC3X8Oe5ek
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Where are the pre-Muslim references to all these places ?
Virendra
BRFite

Post by Virendra »

There was a discussion on Taj Mahal at DFI.
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/reli ... post496979
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/reli ... post497194
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/reli ... post497273 and so on
There are a lot of points to consider in this Taj origin debate. I'm not too sure about the exact origin as to when and who got it built.
But I surely know that it isn't Shahjahan who had it built from the scratch in the 17th century.

Lets start with this :-
A piece of wood from an ancient timber wooden door on the riverside was taken for carbon dating.
Professor Marvin Mill did the Carbon Dating in an American Laboratory in 1974. It was dated 300 years before Shahjahan.
http://marvinhmills.com/writings/AN%20A ... LEGEND.pdf
While carbon dating of wood does not confirm as to when the wood became a door for being applied to the building; still the finding irked GoI.
After that episode, one could easily guess why the Archaeological Survey of India has blocked any dating of the Taj by means of Carbon-14 or thermo-luminiscnece.
Here's what the GoI did (from http://www.stephen-knapp.com/taj_photo_fortysix.htm) :-
In 1974 American Professor Marvin Mills took a sample from this door for Carbon dating and concluded that the Taj Mahal pre-dates Shahjahan. After this revelation, the Government of India removed the timber doors and the openings were bricked up, as shown in the previous photo.
http://marvinhmills.com/lectures.html

Badshahnama :-
Pesh az ein Manzil-e-Rajah Mansingh bud wadari waqt ba Rajah Jaisingh (29) Nabirae taalluq dasht barae madfan e an bahisht muwattan bar guzeedand ..
The first part reads - The building known as the palace of Raja Man Singh, at present owned by Raja Jai Singh, grandson of Man Singh...

I don't think Taj Mahal would go farther back from 11th century A.D. There are no literary references to tag it before this mark and the ASI won't let anyone touch the place for dating research etc. so that ruote also is closed.
Aye it is a medieval structure but it sure doesn't look like a maseloum built from scratch by Shajahan in 17th century to let the body of his beloved rest there.
If anything was built there in the 4th century, it is well beneath the ground by now .. shame to shame like the Ram Janmabhoomi issue.

Regards,
Virendra
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

could be a older rajput fort , the chauhans and tomars ruled that patch around delhi before the musalman armies arrived.
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

viv wrote:JohneeG: In the excerpt you posted there is a statement:
If it was in 4th century then there should be lots of accounts from then till 17th century. Can we not just get one of them and it will be QED?
Otherwise it is BRF giving into another CT with comments thrown in (in the writeup above) that those who doubt are 'preset in their mind'.
A good point, and Shri P.N. Oak does take up this point in a very elaborate manner in subsequent chapters. But, even in the Intro, he does elude to a description of Taj Mahal before Shahjahan. And, that mention is related to Babur(ancestor of Shahjahan). According to Oak, Babur died in Taj Mahal where he was residing. He quotes Vincent Smith on this issue. Oak says that Babur would have been buried in Taj if not for his wish of being buried in Afghanisthan. Otherwise, we would have been told that Taj Mahal was built by Humayun(Babur's son) due to his great love for his father, Babur. But, that didn't happen due to the wish of Babur. Then, Oak says that Humayun was coronated in Taj Mahal. Later, Humayun lost the throne. And it passed on to the Hindhu rulers(Rajpuths). Ultimately, Akbar regained the throne and won these regions. During Akbar's time, this Taj Mahal was owned by Raja Mansingh. Remember, Akbar had forged an alliance with Rajpuths. And it continued in their family until Raja Jaisingh. Raja Jaisingh was the grandson of Mansingh. After Akbar, it was the rule of Jehangir. Then, the rule of Shahjahan. Shahjahan had killed all the claimants to the throne and ascended the throne. Shahjahan usurped the residence of Jaisingh(which is mentioned as royal house of Manshingh in Bhadshahnama) on the pretext of the death of one of his 5000 harem-mate. Her original name is not Mumtaz Mahal.

But, Oak says that the name of the Monument kept changing and its ownership also kept changing. So, it is difficult to identify the mentions being made about the monument. That means even though the monument is mentioned, one is unable to determine that the mention is about Taj. But, Oak says that it was constructed before the times of jihadis. And its construction is decidedly Hindhu to minute details. Its construction shows that it was a temple-palace complex.
This proves that all that Shahajan had to do was engrave Koranic texts on the walls of a Hindu palace; that is why the cost of the scaffolding was much more than the value of the entire work done. We have cited the Encyclopedia Britannica as stating that the Taj Mahal building-complex comprises stables and guest and guard rooms. We have quoted Mr. Nurul Hasan Siddiqui’s book admitting, as the Badshahnama does, that a Hindu palace was commandeered to bury Mumtaz in. We have cited Shahjahan’s fifth-generation ancestor Babur to prove that he lived in what we call the “Taj Mahal” 100 years before the death of the lady for whom the Taj Mahal is believed to have been built as a mausoleum. We have also quoted Vincent Smith to show that Babur died in the Taj Mahal.
--------------
Part 2.
(continuing the Introduction to the second edition)

This book is also intended to impress on every reader that it is not the cenotaphs which should monopolize his or her attention. The visitor must go round the entire premises, walk along its long arched corridors, run up the Taj Mahal's many storeys and its marble and redstone towers and minutely examine its many vaulted doorways. The two tombs in the basement and the cenotaphs above them on the ground floor are, if anything, but obstructions in the spacious, octagonal chambers of this ancient Hindu palace. One of these rooms housed the ancient Hindu Peacock Throne which too was grabbed by Shahjahan along with the palace.

Thoughtful readers unwittingly but nonetheless irrevocably committed, academically or communally, to the view that Taj Mahal is a Muslim monument are likely to feel perturbed, disturbed and hurt by the revelation in this book. Some others are likely to welcome the discovery of the Taj Mahal’s ancient Hindu origin as a coveted truth. To both such we would like to say that to us Truth is like water – tasteless and colourless, divine, pure and life-giving – neither sweet nor bitter. For us Truth is a mere object of discovery – as, in fact, it should be in all creative endeavour. We hardly care if some feel elated or dejected by the discovery of the Hindu antecedents of the Taj Mahal.

In the field of history such a breath-taking and epoch-making discovery, proving the whole world wrong, is a rare occurrence. All the same, we claim no personal credit or victory because such discoveries are impossible without supra-natural guidance, opportunity and inspiration.

But to those who would want to under-rate or pooh-pooh the antecedents of the Taj Mahal as being of no consequence for a real appraisal of its delicate contours, majestic dimensions and enchanting embellishment, we would like to address a few words. Looking at the Taj Mahal as a tomb or a palace makes a world of difference. A palace Is the residence of the prosperous, wealthy and powerful, and therefore a down-to-earth building. A tomb, on the other hand, is the weird, eerie abode of those who have given up the ghost. Visitors or students laboring under the misapprehension that the Taj Mahal is a mausoleum regard the graves inside it as the focal object of admiration and thereby miss the real beauty of the vast building-complex. On the other hand, if visitors and students of history studied the Taj Mahal as a palace, they would find their observation rapturously rewarding. In the latter case, they would no longer be content with peeping into the burial chamber and walking out, calling it a day, as many have hitherto been prone to do, but would insist on roaming around its spacious grounds, going around its periphery, ambling along its spacious terraces, stumbling through its dark basement chambers and climbing its towers and upper storeys.

Among the many difficulties one encounters in driving a new startling discovery deep down into the basic convictions of the people is one of frivolous objections. For example, erudite teachers of history sometimes, in all honesty, refuse to look into historical rebuttals on the ground that “original” historical sources are not quoted. This attitude of theirs has two faults. One is their assumption of the supercilious role of a judge to which they are not entitled. Whatever their academic or bureaucratic standing they must feel a sense of belonging and participation in all research and regard themselves as humble seekers after the Truth, having as good a stake in the rebuttal as the pioneer himself. Looked at from this point of view, their self-chosen role of sitting on the sidelines and blowing the whistle like a fault-finding referee, is highly improper. The other fault in their peculiar stand-offish and judgement-pronouncing attitude is the very mechanical, nonchalant and even irresponsible way in which they raise an objection, that the source quoted is only “secondry” and not “original”. They feel they are, therefore, justified in ignoring my research-findings. They clutch at this to ease the qualms of their academic conscience. To all such we would like to say that the technical objection of the source being “original” or “secondary” is relevant only if the facts cited are not admitted. Even a court of law and justice takes judicial notice of age-old facts. Similarly, scholars of history and for that matter other branches of study, have got to take “historical notice” of facts which are not disputed.

For instance, in the following pages when we quote Vincent Smith or Elliot and Dawson, it is only to produce before the reader a quick, cut and dry, capsule-form, well-digested, translated and summarized evidence from readily available volumes. So long as facts quoted by them are not doubted the objection that the original source has not been quoted is absolutely unjustified, if not downright mischievous. How many people can get access to the hand-written originals? If so many people do in fact handle those originals, how long will those originals be available for posterity? And what research could proceed to any appreciable degree if at every stage the researcher’s footsteps are dogged with the argument that he has not produced all original sources, all over the world, in all languages, on every point? This way it would be impossible to write even a word. Have objectors themselves ever tried it in the tomes they have written!

Before the scholarly reader thinks of raising any such objection, therefore, we would request him to consider whether he disputes the quoted facts or words. If the facts or words quoted are not disputed, they do not need any artificial props of authority, whether primary or secondary.
The discovery that the Taj Mahal is a Hindu palace should serve to change the perspective of even the Government of India’s Archaeological Department. So far, they had been under the impression that if the two pairs of cenotaphs were kept open to public inspection that was being generous enough. But once it is admitted that the Taj Mahal is a palace, that small mercy will not be enough. The barred basements, the many towers, the upper storeys of the marble structure and the subterranean passage leading to the fort will all have to be well cleaned and thrown open to the public view.

--------------
(Introduction to Second Edition will be continued in next post)
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

johneeG wrote:
viv wrote: If it was in 4th century then there should be lots of accounts from then till 17th century. Can we not just get one of them and it will be QED?
A good point, and Shri P.N. Oak does take up this point in a very elaborate manner in subsequent chapters. But, even in the Intro, he does elude to a description of Taj Mahal before Shahjahan. And, that mention is related to Babur(ancestor of Shahjahan). According to Oak, Babur died in Taj Mahal where he was residing. He quotes Vincent Smith on this issue. Oak says that Babur would have been buried in Taj if not for his wish of being buried in Afghanisthan. Otherwise, we would have been told that Taj Mahal was built by Humayun(Babur's son) due to his great love for his father, Babur. But, that didn't happen due to the wish of Babur. Then, Oak says that Humayun was coronated in Taj Mahal. Later, Humayun lost the throne. And it passed on to the Hindhu rulers(Rajpuths). Ultimately, Akbar regained the throne and won these regions. During Akbar's time, this Taj Mahal was owned by Raja Mansingh. Remember, Akbar had forged an alliance with Rajpuths. And it continued in their family until Raja Jaisingh. Raja Jaisingh was the grandson of Mansingh. After Akbar, it was the rule of Jehangir. Then, the rule of Shahjahan. Shahjahan had killed all the claimants to the throne and ascended the throne. Shahjahan usurped the residence of Jaisingh(which is mentioned as royal house of Manshingh in Bhadshahnama) on the pretext of the death of one of his 5000 harem-mate. Her original name is not Mumtaz Mahal.

But, Oak says that the name of the Monument kept changing and its ownership also kept changing. So, it is difficult to identify the mentions being made about the monument. That means even though the monument is mentioned, one is unable to determine that the mention is about Taj. But, Oak says that it was constructed before the times of jihadis. And its construction is decidedly Hindhu to minute details. Its construction shows that it was a temple-palace complex.
The follow up question would be, how did Babur obtain the ownership of Taj Mahal? It seems Babur calls Taj Mahal as 'Lodhi's mansion'. So, Babur obtained it after defeating the last of sultanate, Lodhi. Similarly, the earlier jihadis obtained the mansion after defeating the locals. It is unclear as to who exactly built Taj Mahal. But, there is one plausible lead: Bhatkeshwar Inscription.

-----
Part 3.
(continuing the Introduction to the second edition)

In browsing through the subsequent pages the reader should be conscious of the very far-reaching bearing that our finding has on both Indian and world history.
One very devastating effect of this book is that at one stroke it renders obsolete all the romantic and pseudo-historic hodge-podge written in prose or poetry about the Taj Mahal throughout the world during last 300 years.

Architects, as much as historians, may find much to learn and unlearn in reading through the following pages.

Professional historians and architects would do well to get over their initial shock, consternation and disbelief, prepare themselves to jettison their traditional belief in the mythical Indo-Saracenic architecture theory, and instead learn to view extant mediaeval monuments as products of pure ancient, indigenous architecture. Suitable amendments in historical and architectural textbooks will have to be made sooner or later.

Historians, architects and visitors to monuments should now be prepared to shed some of their carefully nursed assumptions based on fallacious tutoring and motivated brainwashing about the so-called Muslim contribution to mediaeval architecture. Muslim contribution to mediaeval architecture in India and all over the world is severely limited to misappropriating Hindu, Christian or Zionist buildings by inscribing Arabic lettering outside or implanting cenotaphs inside. The world-famous Taj Mahal, the Red Forts in Delhi and Agra, the so-called Jama Masjid in Agra, the so-called Fatehpuri Mosque in Delhi and the innumerable monuments in cities like Ahmedabad, Jaunpur, Allahabad, Mandavgadh, Bidar, Bijapur, Fatepur Sikri and Aurangabad are glaring and graphic instances of such wholesale misappropriation and deception of the entire world. It is hoped that researchers and writers would come forward to write books on individual townships and monuments of mediaeval India and the world to expose what the late Sir H. M. Elliot calls “the impudent and interested fraud” of Muslim history. The writer of the present book will be happy to give them all the necessary guidance and clues.

Laymen sometimes ask that if the Taj Mahal existed centuries before Mumtaz’s death in 1630-31, could not the radioactive carbon-14 test be applied to determine its age? This is a question for experts to answer. If they have an infallible method they would certainly detect the difference in age of the material used in the cenotaphs and in most other parts of the Taj Mahal. But for any such test to be useful it margin of error must be precisely known. A five to ten years’ margin would not matter very much but if it extends to several centuries, the tests would be unsuitable to verify the accuracy of the conclusion drawn from historical evidence that the Taj Mahal is a Hindu building commandeered for use as a Muslim tomb.

Our government should now address itself to the task of amending its tourist literature, histories, archaeological shibboleths and official dossiers on the Taj Mahal and other mediaeval buildings.

And the entire citizenry should gear itself up to bring about a complete change in its historical outlook and perspective.

N-128, Greater Kailas-1 ………………….P. N. Oak
New Delhi – 110048.
--------
Dated February 1, 1993
Footnotes:
Two amendments to the above introduction now called for are as under
1) On page 13, it has been stated that the term Taj Mahal means(as per Muslim parlance), if at all, ‘The Very Crown Among Residences.’ But it now transpires that Shahjahan-era Muslim writers have scrupulously avoided using the term Taj Mahal. Moreover, Mahal is not all a Muslim term. Thirdly, even if Taj Mahal had been a Muslim term, it would have been Mahal-e-Taj and not Taj Mahal.
2) A carbon-14 test has actually been carried out by a New York based laboratory, around 1974 A.D., on a piece of timber from a broken, softened doorway plank of the rear, river-side, north-east doorway of the Taj. It proved that the timber doorway pre-dated Shahjahan by around 300 years.
Virendra
BRFite

Post by Virendra »

johneeG wrote: Professional historians and architects would do well to get over their initial shock, consternation and disbelief, prepare themselves to jettison their traditional belief in the mythical Indo-Saracenic architecture theory, and instead learn to view extant mediaeval monuments as products of pure ancient, indigenous architecture. Suitable amendments in historical and architectural textbooks will have to be made sooner or later.

Historians, architects and visitors to monuments should now be prepared to shed some of their carefully nursed assumptions based on fallacious tutoring and motivated brainwashing about the so-called Muslim contribution to mediaeval architecture.
The scholars, the historians wouldn't dare, even when they all know it in their bones. Some fear for their jobs and some would have to flee for their lives (remember Sitaram Goel?).
The GoI (consequently ASI) wouldn't either. To them it would be like walking over the death of all their muslim votes.
ASI has blocked any dating of the Taj by means of Carbon-14 or thermo-luminiscnece. What could we expect?
When Hindus begin to vote strongly & smartly, eradicating the need for minority appeasement; when a headstrong GoI comes to existence, then we can hope.

By the way, did you know that Konread Elst is not a fan of P N Oak? :twisted:

Regards,
Virendra
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

Virendra wrote:
By the way, did you know that Konread Elst is not a fan of P N Oak? :twisted:
Didn't know that, but was always suspicious of that character! :mrgreen: Comes across as a complex mole. Even if not a mole, he has his limitations.

His philosophy, it seems, is strange. He confesses to be a part of some church society. And despite him supposedly writing against church's theology(piskology of prophetism), he has not left church, supposedly for practical benefits. But, why would church not expel him?

He confesses that he was an ardent believer(supposedly, not any more). He says that his family(or his father) were strong(fanatic?) fundamentalists, to the extent that they considered church to have 'secularizing tendencies'(whatever that may mean).
INTRODUCTION

This book will deal with items of faith central to the Christian tradition. It may therefore be in order to clarify where I stand vis-a-vis this tradition. For most practical purposes, I belong to the Catholic community in my country: schooling, membership of cultural organizations, trade-union etc. I confess (therewith upholding a Christian ritual) that several times, I have voted for the Christian-Democratic Party, a non-confessional party that vaguely adheres to �values� upheld by the Christian tradition.

Moreover, in my youth I was a genuine believer, more than most of my class-mates and my generation as a whole. My father was one of the last polemizing Catholics in Belgium, and a sharp critic of the degenerative secularizing tendencies within the modern Church. I have always respected this wholehearted acceptance of the authentic doctrine and tradition more than the wishy-washy approach currently taken by our bishops and taught in our Theology faculty.

All this may be worth mentioning to clarify that I do not belong to that category of people, fairly widespread in my country, who have a deep-seated hatred against the Catholic Church and traditions, either because they were brought up as militant atheists or because they slammed the church door behind them during adolescence, never to look back again except to pour contempt. There is quite a literature by writers who in adult life continue to react against the frustrations, mostly sexual, which they associate with their years in the Jesuit college. Today, it is no exaggeration to say that the anti-Christian people in countries like mine are more fanatical and intolerant than the dwindling number of churchgoers. My motive in writing this book has nothing to do with that type of anti-Christian reaction.

The point is simply that we, European Christians of many generations, have outgrown Christianity. Most people who left the Church have found that they are not missing anything, and that the beliefs which once provided a framework for interpreting and shaping life, were but a bizarre and unnecessary construction after all. We now know that Jesus was not God�s Only-begotten Son, that he did not save humanity from eternal sin, and that our happiness in this world or the next does not depend on believing these or any other dogmas.

When staying in India, I find it sad and sometimes comical to see how these outdated beliefs are being foisted upon backward sections of the Indian population by fanatical missionaries. In their aggressive campaign to sell their product, the missionaries are helped a lot by sentimental expressions of admiration for Christianity on the part of leading Hindus. Many Hindus project their own religious categories on the few Jesus episodes they have heard, and they base their whole attitude to Christianity on what I know to be a selective, incoherent and unhistorical version of the available information on Jesus� life and teachings. That is why I have written the present introduction to one of the most revealing lines of proper scientific research into the origins of Christianity, viz. the psychological analysis of Jesus and of several other Biblical characters.

As Jawaharlal Nehru said, we do injustice to the Vedas by treating them as divine revelations rather than as milestones of human understanding. Glad that for once I can agree with Nehru, I affirm that we should take a secular, historicizing look at the factual human basis of religious scriptures. In the case of religions, which describe their own basis as God-given, directly revealed by God�s word, such a secular approach will imply an analysis of the consciousness, which claims to receive direct revelations from God. That is the line of research to which this book offers a brief introduction.

Delhi, 24 January 1993
Link

That book, piskology of prophetism, also comes across as a backhanded argument(or apology) that the tales and characters of NT and OT are real. He is trying to argue that the tales and characters are real and historical. One has to understand that in the recent past, historical studies have shown that there is no evidence whatsoever for the existence of any of the characters of OT or NT. So, this seems like a backhanded one(a work that looks like a criticism, but in reality is an apology) to argue about the historical jesus(which is the fundamental basis of catholic religion and the elst is a member of catholic church).

For example, the proposal of Christian Lindtner(Link) and Micheal Lockwood(Link) that Christ is a mythical character forged by the Buddhists to spread their canonical texts like Mula-Sarva-Asthi-Vadha-Vinaya and Sadh-Dharma-Pundarika-Suthram. Such works, I assume, will not be acceptable to elst because such works(like Lindtner or Lockwood) strike at the very basis of catholic cult.

--------
(Continuing The Taj Mahal Is A Temple Palace by P. N. Oak)
Part 4.
--------

Preface to The Third Edition

In presenting the third edition to the reader it gives me great satisfaction to record that the earlier universally held blind notion about Shahjahan’s authorship of the Taj Mahal has been considerably eroded because of the evidence adduced in the preceding editions. This edition embodies three new chapters and some other major changes.

In the earlier edition, there were two chapters on Tavernier which we have trimmed and consolidated into a single chapter. Similarly, two separate chapters on the British and Maharashtriya encyclopedias have also been trimmed and made up into one.

Out of the three new chapters added two adduce new evidence while the third answers specific questions which readers of earlier editions have at times asked.

I am grateful to Dr. A. W. Joshi, Department of Physics, Meerut University, Meerut, for supervising the publication of this edition.

N-128, Greater Kailsas-1………P.N.Oak
New Delhi – 110048
February, 1974
-------------------

Introduction to This Edition

This edition titled THE TAJ MAHAl IS A TEMPLE PALACE has been out of print since 1970.

Earlier two editions bearing the same title were published in 1968 and 1969 respectively.

Those were preceded by three other editions. The first one titled TAJ MAHAL WAS A RAJPUT PALACE appeared in 1965. Thereafter, a commercial establishment M/S Indian Book House brought out two sleek, paperback editions of 5000 copies each in quick succession. Their worldwide sale channels made the book widely known through display in London book shops, five star hotels, railway stations and airports in many parts of the world.

Then something happened and they dropped it like an hot brick. Perhaps the Congress party in power in Indian dropped dark hints through its secret service of dire consequences to the publishers. There were two possible reasons. One was the fear that if the disclosure of the Hindu origin of the Taj Mahal was not throttled the enblock Muslim vote, which enabled the Indian National Congress to rule India would be lost. The other factor was the pressure of the academic block comprising professors of history, architecture and archaeology, bureaucrats manning related departments, tourist officials and publicity media representatives who felt threatened that the un-verified sepulchral legend of the Taj Mahal that they had been sponsoring with great flourish and aplomb for over a century through photos, articles, books and exhibits would be exposed as sheer propagandistic and bombastic sham.

I had to resign myself to my book on the Taj Mahal remaining out of print though it had a unique sentinel-like role to perform of awakening and warning the world community of being bluffed and cheated by the concocted Shahjahan-Mumtaz legend of the Taj.

In fact the research methodology expounded in tracing the Hindu origin of the Taj Mahal in this book deserves to be ranked as a valuable contribution in itself since it will help genuine, honest researchers rid history of a lot of chauvinistic sham and cant which clogs history because of long, alien rule and under alien-minded native rule.

In 1990, a sincere friend, Mr. Arvind Ghosh settled in Houston, Texas, USA published a paperback American edition of my book titled TAJ MAHAL – THE TRUE STORY which is still available.

I am grateful to Mr. Shanand Satyadeva of Stanger, Natal, South Africa who too, like Mr. Ghosh, realizing the necessity of making the book available to serious and honest scholars and tourists, has generously offered to finance the publication of this edition the TAJ MAHAL IS A TEMPLE PALACE through his charitable trust.

Starting from the first edition titled TAJ MAHAL WAS A RAJPUT PALACE every subsequent edition has included more and more evidence. The present edition too has two additional chapters one indicates that 230 years prior to Mogul Emperor Shahjahan’s accession to the throne his own remote ancestor, Tamerlain had been so overcome by the beauty of the Taj Mahal that he wanted a similar building raised for himself in his native place. Like every other mediaeval Muslim source, the Arab chronicler, who records Tamerlain’s longing for the attractive contours of the Taj Mahal also severely shuns mentioning the name Taj Mahal with Islamic disdain for a Vedic term. Incidentally, that Islamic hatred for the term Taj Mahal and Tamerlain’s longing for an identical edifice also prove that the Taj Mahal is not the ‘deadly’ Muslim monument that it is made out to be.

The other added chapter concerns the Carbon-14 dating of the Taj mahal.

This edition is also being profusely illustrated (rectifying an earlier failing because of my meager personal financial resources) thanks to the unflinching liberal financial backing so kindly and generously volunteered by Mr. Shanand Satyadeva from his trust.

The belief that Mumtaz had on a romantic moonlit night entreated her much-shared spouse Shahjahan to bury her in a dreamland monument is one of the many fraudulent canards set afoot to bedeck the concocted Shahjahan-Mumtaz-Taj Mahal tangled triangle. Entire Islamic history is full of such unverified, motivated myths which need to be critically examined and determinedly exposed.

That in spite of the overwhelming available evidence produced in this book in chapter after chapter proving that the Taj Mahal alias Tejomahalaya temple palace complex has existed centuries before Shahjahan, generations of modern scholars have for the last 150 years been blandly and blindly passing on the unverified Shahjahan Mumtaz myths with great gusto and glamour. That is a measure of the mediocrity, gullibility, academic dishonesty and intellectual inertial of modern scholarship. As with dozing sentries anything with a Muslim label passes their muster unquestioned.

The second serious failing of modern historical scholarship is its total insensitivity and insincerity. Though, I have written book after book proving that renowned monuments from Kashmir to Cape Comorin are all Hindu though they are being tom-tommed as Muslim that has not disturbed the sonorous snoring slumber of any professional historian, historical body or university.

Had they been true to their job they should have convened special sessions of regional and world historical bodies to re-examine the entire doctrine of historical Islamic architecture and either hauled me up before the bar of world historical scholarship or confessed to the professional ineptitude of their entire fraternity and started a compulsory refresher course to purge their minds of the sediments of the cooked-up Islamic architecture theory.

A practical instance of the total unconcern of the scholastic world to my revolutionary finding that the entire Islamic architecture theory is baseless was provided by the Encyclopaedia Britannica.

When I wrote to the chairman of the Board of Editors of the encyclopaedia, the surprising reply I received was that they had referred the matter to their expert and he had opined that no correction was called for. That amounted to placing supreme faith in the assertion of the accused himself that he is not guilty.

All news media too have been equally guilty not only in failing to publicise this history-shaking discovery but in actively going out of their way to suppress it. For instance, on a number of occasions when any news items concerning the Taj Mahal, published in European or American newspapers routinely recalled that Shahjahan was its originator, I addressed letters to the editors of Sunday Times, London; Christian Science Monitor, Washington Post, New York Times and Time magazine all of USA who carried the news, informing them of some salient points among the nearly 120 proofs that I have discovered about the pre-Shahjahan existence of the Taj Mahal, yet they never allowed any of my letters to get published in their papers.

This is a question not only of journalistic propriety but even of ethics. Should editors go out of their way to blot out important news even from the readers’ column? Journalists often claim that they have a nose of news. As such the above-named papers should have asked their correspondents in New Delhi to report in depth on my revolutionary discovery that the Taj Mahal and thousands of other spectacular historic monuments in India (and abroad too) popularly ascribed to Muslim invaders are all captured property. Far from following that important scent as news-hounds all leading news media have behaved like mongrels with their tails tucked in their hind-legs terrified to expose the falsity of the Islamic architecture theory which amounts to professional dictatorship, palsy and lunacy.

The B.B.C. representative in New Delhi who filmed a television documentary on historical monuments in India persisted in describing the so-called Jama Masjid in Ahmedabad as a Muslim creation even though he was informed by a shopkeeper opposite that the Muslim claim to the building had been disproved in a court case and that the edifice was a temple of mother goddess Bhadrakali captured by the Muslims around 1414 A.D. and advertised as their mosque. Historians and journalists must not take such Muslim claims to historical buildings at their face value. They must have sagacity to detect the purpose of the original builder from the look of the edifice and details of its décor. They must be able to distinguish a hijacker from the real father of an historical building.

Germans proved no better. Der Spiegel, a leading German magazine, once sent its representative in New Delhi to interview me on my radical discovery questioning the Muslim authorship of historic buildings. I felt flattered. But later I learned that they had played foul and the write-up they published had ridiculed my discovery and poked fun on it.

There thus seems to be not only a total apathy but even a conspiracy among world new media and historical circles to suppress the news as much as they can of the falsity of the Islamic architecture concept.

It was that notorious mentality which burned Joan of Arc as a witch at the stake and extracted an abject apology from Galileo to escape a similar fate for discovering and asserting that the earth went round the sun and not vice versa.

The earth has turned many full circles since and brought about a qualitative change in punishment in as much as it is not the author who is any more thrown into the fire but his discoveries are certainly thrown into a the raging fire of journalistic and scholastic ire in a global gang-up under which far-reaching historical discoveries like mine are denied all serious debate and publicity by bureaucrats, news-media bosses and professional historians.
-----------
('Introduction to This Edition' will be continued in next post...)
Last edited by johneeG on 13 Aug 2013 21:42, edited 1 time in total.
Virendra
BRFite

Post by Virendra »

Almost all the books of P N Oak are available at archive.org.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Dont see the Taj Mahal book:

Sorry. Its the pdf with text ~20.4MB

http://archive.org/details/EnglishBooksOfP.n.Oak
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

JohneeG, The archive org has the book you are typing up in pdf.

The Taj Mahal is a Temple: P.N. Oak

So dont bother typing anymore.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Bji, I have been thinking about Akbar's rule and so called tolerance towards the Hindus.

How much of this was politicial move to prevent the re-emergence of another Hemu type figure who could overthrow the Mughal rule from India?

We dont know much about how Hemu built his coalition with Afghans and managed to be crowned as the Emperor after Sher Shah's dynasty ended.
Indina historians mention two lines as if it was passing instant when such an important reversal occured.
brihaspati
BRF Oldie

Post by brihaspati »

Very important point. Hemu built up his reputation and army from within the Turko-Afghan alliance of Bengal-Bihar==lower GV Hindu feudal remnants of the Palas and Senas and the more astute Islamics of second phase of Turko-Afghan expansion [after the disastrous defeat of Bakhtyiar and hence no mention of any further great victories for the next 130 years].

His main strategy seems to have been to use the Suri contest for dominance in lower GV - against Afghans further east and north in Bengal+their eastern Hindu raja allies, and the Suri's obstacle in the western upper UP Delhi and Jaunpuri Sultanates remnants. This was how he gathered his army and reputation [he supposedly won 22 major campaigns leading the army in person].

I have noted in my readings that

(1) he expanded his army with Hindu men as he pushed towards Delhi before the first October campaign in which the mughal army was routed [the commander fled leaving Delhi open to Hemachandra]. Why this need specifically for "hindu" soldiers if he already had a reliable army of both Hindu and Afghan-Muslim origins? Was he anticipating treachery by the Islamics/aware of attempts by the Mughals to win the Afghan Muslims over?

(2) He did defeat the first army of the mughals [after which he was crowned]. I am rather curious about the chroniclers citing of near magical/divine intervention/supra-humanity of their patrons - in thsi case teh Mughals/Islamics in delivering enemies into their patrons hands. So always Hindu enemy commanders seem to be "blinded" by the stray arrow/bullet [note the same for the Chitor campaign] - which actually is perhaps a old Islamic/Arabic meme. It appears in many retellings of Muhammad's battles - and is expressed also in fervent curses and urgings - to threaten diivine "blindings".

I would not rule out treachery and bribery.

Hemu had little time to organize a purge of his army, or sanitize local populations likely to help out Mughals. His power base was also further east - and from the time of Bakhtyar the Pathans had had a merry internal brotherly fight - between the Bihari+Bengalees and the UP-ites. [Even the split personality of Bihar and Bengal arose out of the failure of the Afghans to defeat the North Bengali resistance for more than a century]. So parts of the local Hindu alliance network that aligned with the Islamics might also have been opposed to the Bihari/Bengali ka "baccha" [ I think most think Hemachandra was from present day Haryana region].

Akbar would not want a repeat. So as long as the Afghan alliance with local Hindu resistance remained feasible, he would have an incentive to prevent that by encouraging such people to be on his side rather than on the other. And he probably deliberately used regionalist considerations in sending Man Singh.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

does anyone know why west bengal was relatively hindu and east bengal relatively muslim? was it because the 'seat of power' was in dhaka and chittagong of the afghani sardars and leftovers from the Suri era?

did the hindu zamindars gain in power and land during british era only or they had worked out some 'arrangement' with the muslim sardars to survive and prosper even before the british arrived?
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Singha wrote:does anyone know why west bengal was relatively hindu and east bengal relatively muslim? was it because the 'seat of power' was in dhaka and chittagong of the afghani sardars and leftovers from the Suri era?

did the hindu zamindars gain in power and land during british era only or they had worked out some 'arrangement' with the muslim sardars to survive and prosper even before the british arrived?
Mughals, and Akbar, basically could not make inroads into lower GV, at all in terms of being able to have consolidated rule, so the region was ceded to Hindu overlordship as long as the taxes were, paid, the taxes themselves were mostly titularly, in the sense that the administration and collection (how much tax etc) was not in Mughal hands, it was more like take what you can and let it be.

This is one of the examples of such an "arrangement", in practice it was pretty much a set of Hindu kingdoms, only titularly under Mughal rule.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raj_Darbhanga
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

thanks for that great link. looks like north bihar is a tough place to govern effectively from way back..

North Bihar was under a state of lawlessness at the end of the empire of the Tughlaq dynasty.

perhaps that is why 'strongmen' like ramadhir singh of gangs of wasseypur fame emerge always from that belt. suryadeo singh was ofcourse the real life person .