Understanding the US - Again

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Post by darshan »

Interpretation of Democrats is very simple. They think ahead and always figuring out how to keep slavery going to stay rich.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Trump curbing ties and special trading privilege of Hong Kong.

This after China passes legislation in the name of security of Hong kong.
From https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-asia-china-52829176
If there were sanctions associated with any national laws to be included in the annex, Professor Chan also says it should go through Hong Kong's parliament because the judicial systems are so different.

"The values underlying the criminal justice system in two jurisdictions are so different that any criminal law should only be enacted by HK and not by the mainland," he says.

What's more, the draft resolution in itself goes against Article 23, says Professor Chan - because that says Hong Kong must draft its own security law.
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

Wow, I was just browsing through Twitter footage of protestors in US and it seems like a lot of tactics used in anti-CAA riots are being implemented there as well. In this one video, all the black protestors were being protected by group of White women. I am assuming the same tactic of poor optics of cops beating up a bunch of women (& in US add White to that equation as well) would not go well with a lot of folks and it would add up to the already prevailing resentment against law enforcement folks. Also it seems like cops have been told to go easy & stand down against protestors to not make things worse (& again probably to avoid poor optics).
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Regular US Army deploying to Minnesota from Fort Bragg, NC and Fort Drum, NY. Breaking news. Several hundred troops. More to come.

Remember that US population is heavily armed.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

And US doesn't care and have to worry about any optics. Let's see how this folds.
sreerudra
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sreerudra »

KLNMurthy wrote:
Yayavar wrote:
Something I've been wrestling with as well. It is a great source for a lot of subjects but in terms of certain areas - such as above - is does come across as biased. And of course the reference can be circular - Wikipedia quoting x, x quoting y, y quoting Wikipedia etc.

Have more or less concluded that the only way is to actively participate in correcting the information as much as possible while reducing the funding. The funding is for the generic service, structure and administration. The specific areas are not by paid or funded individuals or entities. So have to be countered differently.
There was a case I followed on Twitter in which opIndia folks very politely pointed out misinformation on India, with supporting docs etc. and Wikipedia management refused to make the correction. I thought the case made for changes was very sound, and could see no justification, other than prejudice and stubbornness, for refusing to make the change.

I am through cutting slack for all these privileged entities that feel no obligation to be fair to India. I don’t care that they do 90% good and only 10% (which just happens to be about India) bad, or whatever. I don’t care about being all nice and fair to these guys/ entities which steamroll over India because just they can do it with impunity.It is also not my problem to contribute my edits and fight futilely for them to be accepted (which is what happened in the opindia case). My power is limited to withdrawing my monetary support and that’s what I chose to do. Just summary judgment, no agonizing over the rights and wrongs, or over differences in perception, or flawed mechanisms, or anything.

I did the same with NPR, after the cow-urine taunt by one of their peaceful staffers. They apologized and fired her, but I don’t care. They never made a commitment to change their attitude and they didn’t change it either.

I had always made a policy of contributing money to “free” resources that I use extensively. No more. I may still choose to use these resources but they aren’t going to see a dime of my money from here on.

I recommend that other BRFites follow my example.

Tell me about it sir! Even FB is full of Xians abusing Sanatan Dharmiks (SDs). If we report them to the FB, they request us to block the poster. If you block the poster how can you get the feed of what he is farting about SDs? If we post something factual about Xians they gladly block our posting and serve us notice. I am tired of that fight.
m_saini
BRFite

Post by m_saini »

Minnesota National Guard to be fully mobilized; Walz said 80 percent of rioters not from MN

https://www.kimt.com/content/news/Minne ... 92871.html
Vamsee
BRFite

Post by Vamsee »

Trump postpones G7 summit, seeks to add countries to invitation list
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Saturday he would postpone a Group of Seven summit he had hoped to hold next month until September or later and expand the list of invitees to include Australia, Russia, South Korea and India.
m_saini
BRFite

Post by m_saini »

Minnesota Officials Link Arrested Looters to White Supremacist Groups

Department of Safety Commissioner John Harrington said they are contact-tracing the arrested and added that an investigation is underway about white nationalist groups posting online to encourage their members to use the protests as a cover to create chaos.
If we had any control over our moronic media, this would have been a good chance to publish articles and opinion pieces of how US is slowly turning into a fascist Hindu Nationalist White nationalist hellhole.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Vamsee wrote:Trump postpones G7 summit, seeks to add countries to invitation list
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Saturday he would postpone a Group of Seven summit he had hoped to hold next month until September or later and expand the list of invitees to include Australia, Russia, South Korea and India.
Hopefully this becomes the beginning of the end of European dominance in world affairs.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

Mort Walker wrote:
Hopefully this becomes the beginning of the end of European dominance in world affairs.
also curious about Trump including Russia in !!
ricky_v
BRFite

Post by ricky_v »

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Mort Walker wrote:Regular US Army deploying to Minnesota from Fort Bragg, NC and Fort Drum, NY. Breaking news. Several hundred troops. More to come.

Remember that US population is heavily armed.
x posted from the political thread

this is what they are calling "peaceful" riots# MinneapolisRiot

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

the nutcrackers have been brought out.

to whom can the hans' now appeal,

the US is merely reversing the policy from its nixon "the used car salesman" days.

Bipartisan Democrat-Republican bill could delist over 220 top Chinese companies, including Alibaba & Baidu, from US exchanges and bar them from accessing American funds

m_saini
BRFite

Post by m_saini »

Police shooting residents in their own homes
NYPD driving over protesters

This is same US whose heart bleeds when the "peaceful" protests are in India.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

m_saini wrote:Police shooting residents in their own homes

India should release a report on Police excesses ...
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Indian govt releasing reports won't do much as powerful nations would just laugh and tell India to keep polishing membership applications to world organizations.

However, it's the Indian public that needs to be made aware of things. This is where not cleaning up Indian media is going to bite Modi and company. When the opportunity came, cleaned up India media isn't there to capitalize.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Protesters’ in USA use mask making tutorial by Indian actor Ronit Roy to avoid face detection while protesting the death of George Floyd

The video by Ronit Roy was shared by one Twitter user, @MRCRUZv3, with the caption, "If anyone is protesting today, here’s a way to make a balaclava mask with a T Shirt."
https://www.opindia.com/2020/05/ronit-r ... ing-riots/
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

vijayk wrote:https://twitter.com/libertyhangout/stat ... 23969?s=12

Rioters killed a shop owner
Apparently, he was gravely injured but right now in a stable condition. It seems like the guy was wielding a sword with which he took a swing at a black kid on a skateboard. The guy thought the black kid was gonna rob him & thus took a swing and then continued to take swings until he was surrounded & beaten the $hit out of him. The volunteer paramedics on scene administered first aid before the ambulance arrived & took him to the hospital.

But yeah, I see a lot of "law defying" tactics which were originally implemented in HK protests, continued to be refined & tested during Anti-CAA and now being implemented in US&A.
Last edited by Zynda on 31 May 2020 21:45, edited 1 time in total.
m_saini
BRFite

Post by m_saini »

darshan wrote:Indian govt releasing reports won't do much as powerful nations would just laugh and tell India to keep polishing membership applications to world organizations.
I think we should still publish those reports. It's because we don't retaliate even a tiny bit that everyone dumps on us. And those applications don't mean anything, they'll only let us in when it's in their interests to do so. So why do we have to listen to their remarks about polishing them?
However, it's the Indian public that needs to be made aware of things. This is where not cleaning up Indian media is going to bite Modi and company. When the opportunity came, cleaned up India media isn't there to capitalize.
This 100%. But we'll never be able to clean them up if we don't start here. The least we can do is write articles on how major news channels don't anger their white masters by writing about their dirty deeds. Interview dutts and others on their opinion on rising intolerance in US. Atleast get their inaction in writing.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Four major Gujarati news joints had refused to start using the words like chinese virus or Wuhan virus. Now, not willing to run stories about US riots. Their loyalties are very visible.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

“You hang homosexuals, stone women, and exterminate Jews” US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo slams Iran foreign minister over racism jibe

It must be remembered that while racism is not the State Policy of the United States, execution of homosexuals and suppression of women rights have been the governmental policy in the Islamic Republic of Iran since it is governed by Sharia.
https://www.opindia.com/2020/05/mike-po ... nate-jews/
George Floyd Case: Rioters desecrate 142-year-old Cathedral in New York, Synagogue in Los Angeles with hateful graffiti

Two major Highways in Manhattan were also shut down by rioters on Saturday afternoon.
https://www.opindia.com/2020/05/george- ... cathedral/
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Dozens of US cities have rioting going on. Not safe in inner cities after dark, which was always true, but more so now.

Las Vegas:

NYC:

Austin, TX

Los Angeles

Washington D.C. near the White House
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Woman ‘protestor’ poops on an overturned police car in middle of riots in America. Watch the video (or maybe not)

The incident happened in Salt Lake City in Utah, where the protests against George Floyd murder have turned violent.

https://www.opindia.com/2020/05/woman-p ... -in-uttah/
‘Muslim Lives Matter’ trends on social media, demands for ‘protests’ in India along the lines of violent riots in USA being made

Numerous accounts on social media are calling upon Muslims to 'rise up' because 'if we not now then we are done for'.
https://www.opindia.com/2020/05/muslim- ... sts-riots/
CAIR Calls on Minn. National Guard to Reject Trump's 'Racist Threat,' Encourages Suspension of President's Twitter Account
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-release ... 67822.html
WASHINGTON, May 29, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), the nation's largest Muslim civil rights and advocacy organization, today condemned President Trump's "racist threat of violence" against protesters, called for the suspension of both his and the White House's Twitter accounts, and encouraged the Minnesota National Guard to affirm that it will disobey any unlawful orders to harm protesters.
Aditya Satsangi President Americans4Hindus on CAIR Seattle Minnesota resolutions

Aditya Satsangi, a founder of Americans4Hindus, a SuperPAC organization that represents the interests of Hindus and Sanatanis in the US, talks about the role of CAIR in getting Anti-CAA resolutions passed in Seattle and Twin Cities of Minnesota. A must watch!
https://www.pgurus.com/aditya-satsangi- ... solutions/
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

ThePrint and Deepa Iyer have been enlisted to brain wash Indians in America.

https://theprint.in/opinion/south-asian ... ss/432754/
m_saini
BRFite

Post by m_saini »

It's amazing how they went with but "first undo your own anti-blackness". Even the liberal US media would never go with "americans should stand with indian muslims but first stop racism and killing blacks." Dhanya ho :rotfl:
Krita
BRFite

Post by Krita »

darshan wrote:ThePrint and Deepa Iyer have been enlisted to brain wash Indians in America.

https://theprint.in/opinion/south-asian ... ss/432754/
Phew, that lady must have burnt out her braincells while cooking up such an elaborate whataboutery.
Coupta is a hard taskmaster , makes his pidis jump through hoops to earn their keep.
m_saini
BRFite

Post by m_saini »

The US Military Is Monitoring Protests in 7 States
The US military is monitoring protests in at least seven states, according to Defense Department documents obtained exclusively by The Nation.

One document pertaining to the Minnesota National Guard, marked “For Official Use Only” (FOUO), describes one operation’s purpose: “Augment MN State Patrol Civil Disturbance Operations with a show of force.”
Hope we're taking some lessons for our northern states. Always pays off more to monitor rather than comm. blackout.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Police brutality in US against people of color is real. Do anyone remember Sureshbhai Patel, Indian senior citizen who was assaulted by a US police hoodlum ? The cop has been acquitted of all charges later on. It was a mockery of justice
One week after the incident, Eric Parker was charged with third-degree assault, a misdemeanor that is punishable with a maximum of one year in jail and a $6,000 fine. He turned himself in to the Limestone County Jail on February 12 and posted $1,000 bond.[2]

On March 26, he was indicted by a federal grand jury.[7] Parker was charged by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) with deprivation of rights under the color of law, which is a felony that carries a maximum of ten years in prison. According to US Attorney Joyce White Vance, the violation includes the constitutional right to be free from "unreasonable force."[5]

In April, Parker pleaded not guilty to the federal charge at the federal courthouse in Huntsville, and was released on $5,000 bond. His trial for the federal charge was set for June 1, 2015, while the state charge trial was set for May 13, 2015.[8] On September 11, 2015, a jury failed to reach a verdict for the federal civil rights violations charge. Federal prosecutors planned to retry Parker.[9]

On January 13, 2016 U.S.District Judge Madeline Haikala granted an acquittal motion by the Alabama cop’s attorneys, ending the federal civil trial for Parker permanently. The prosecution filed a counter motion to not acquit Parker, but the judge dismissed the prosecutions’ motion, instead siding with the defense, saying the victim, committed a misdemeanor by leaving the house without identification.[10][11]

The first federal case for civil rights violations against Parker ended in a mistrial when ten white male jurors voted to acquit him while two black female jurors voted to convict.[12] The second and last federal case against Parker also ended in a mistrial, with a federal judge from Alabama dismissing the charges against Parker to prevent a third federal trial.[13] The misdemeanor assault charge against Parker was dismissed in July 2016.[14]
m_saini
BRFite

Post by m_saini »

Can't really fault them for treating us like that. Indians inside india are treated worse by the eyetalian gang. It's a wonder they even made a pretense of delivering justice, non-whites live on the mercy of white people in amerikkka.
m_saini
BRFite

Post by m_saini »

Rubber Bullet injuries in US protests

Think we should ask the US to not treat its citizens like kashmiris :wink:
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

darshan wrote:Indian govt releasing reports won't do much as powerful nations would just laugh and tell India to keep polishing membership applications to world organizations.
So what ? You think THEY need to be taken seriously ? The most effective response to THEM is open mockery and pointing at their own open fly.
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

President Trump Says ANTIFA Will Be Declared “Terrorist Organization”
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/pre ... 37615.html
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

China is winning this, slowly one bullet at a time.
m_saini
BRFite

Post by m_saini »

Nah they're not. US media is doing a great job highlighting the violence in protests, pretty soon they'll make a show of firing the officer and starting criminal proceedings. In a week or so after that, everyone will forget, protests will die down and another month from there they'll drop all charges and reinstate the officer. This is nothing for them really.
Lohit
BRFite

Post by Lohit »

Mort Walker wrote:
Could be dhoti-shivering on my part but, if Pax-Americana bows out, it will be swiftly replaced by Pax-Sinica. Difficult for me to see the silver lining here.
Lohit
BRFite

Post by Lohit »

m_saini wrote:Police shooting residents in their own homes

Not really. The ones whose heart bleeds, by and large, are the ones getting shot at.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

It is the Russians, Susan Rice, NSA to Obama

https://twitter.com/esaagar/status/1267 ... d-protests