Terrorist attack on Delhi High Court

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Re: Terrorist attack on Delhi High Court

Post by ramana »

Varoon Shekhar wrote:http://ibnlive.in.com/news/devils-advoc ... 168-3.html

Not bad discussion at all, considering the group consists of Ramachandra Guha, Romila Thapar, Dipankar Gupta and host Karan Thapar. No attacks on or criticism of, Hindu groups or Hinduism. Question is posed as to why the US has been successful in preventing another major terrorist attack, while India has not.

A wonder that it is that group of jackals that are ruminating!
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

From Another victim of Delhi HC blast dies, toll 15
Rattan Lal, 58, died at 8.20 am in the Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital. He was in a serious condition and both his legs had been amputated, doctors said.

He is survived by his wife, three daughters and a son.

"Yesterday, he had expressed his desire to meet his wife and son and we had agreed," the doctor said.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Not bad discussion at all, considering the group consists of Ramachandra Guha, Romila Thapar, Dipankar Gupta and host Karan Thapar. No attacks on or criticism of, Hindu groups or Hinduism. Question is posed as to why the US has been successful in preventing another major terrorist attack, while India has not.
Are they not able to stick it to Yindoo terror?? No wonder Doggy raja is yet to comment on this.They fear backlash would be severe.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

^^^

They are waiting to gather "Factual evidence", that will stand scrutiny of Diggi Raja before he will open his mouth and claim the RSS did it.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

chaanakya wrote:

Are they not able to stick it to Yindoo terror?? No wonder Doggy raja is yet to comment on this.They fear backlash would be severe.
I am not sure if he is ever going to say that it is green terror or white terror ever. That is too impartial for his taste.

If I am not mistaken, sarve dharma samabhava means not dharma-samabhava for only some. Sarve dharma samabhava is for ALL RELIGIONS
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

negi wrote:
chaanakya wrote: Sikhs are regarded as minority, btw.
Boss I used quotes for a reason. Sikhs are not considered as a minority by the political class in India.
They are considred minority like sugar in water when making Dharmic Syrup.
kumarn
BRFite

Post by kumarn »

another one in agra hospital. 3 injured :-(
sanjeevpunj
BRFite

Post by sanjeevpunj »

12 more to the list of injured. :(
15 injured in Agra hospital blast, UP on high alert.
Source:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 021505.cms
LUCKNOW: At least 15 people were injured in blast at Jai hospital in Agra on Saturday evening. The explosion took place at the waiting room near the reception of the hospital.
The blast shattered the windowpanes of the reception and set off panic among the people. The hospital is located around two km from the Taj Mahal and is on the Agra-Delhi highway.
Patients were evacuated from the hospital and police cordoned off the entire area and conducted an intensive combing operation.
"The explosive was kept under a chair. The blast has badly damaged the room", said IGP, Agra Range, PK Tiwari. He added that it was too early to say if it was a terror attack.
"Anti-Terror Squad team has been rushed to Agra," DGP (Law & Order) Brij Lal told reporters in Lucknow. "Forensic team have also reached the site of blast," he added.
Agra police said that it was a low intensity blast. Several tiffin boxes have been found from the site. A bag and nine volt battery has also been recovered.
Around 97 patients were there in the hospital at the time of blast. The security has been beefed up in and around sensitive areas of Agra. Entire state has also been put on alert.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

I found the discussion dishonest for the most part. Yes, as they have emphasized, I myself have pointed out that most of India's ills including inability to thwart TSP sponsored terror can be traced back to lack of national cohesion and core sense of national identity as opposed to caste or linguistic, or in the case of many Muslims/Christians, religious identity.

But I found the participants either scared or slimy in pointing out why US has decimated terror, while India is a sitting duck. Note they were even coy to use the phrase "Isalmic terror". True to her role as a useful idiot, Romilla sticks to the colonial line: "9/11 was an act of global terrorism", "9/11 was a declaration of war on oh so poor innocent US", while terrorism against India (and our neighbor meaning TSP, so India & TSP are both victims of terror) is the result of specific "South Asian" grievances, the attacks are intended to send a message, and other patently false, disgusting nonsense.

What I came away after watching that show was that its becasue of ruling elite like those gathered who even shy away from honestly describing the terror threat India is confronted with, is the real reason why India is a sitting duck for TSPA/ISI, and why India could yet unravel as a result of such intellectual cowardice.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

I myself have pointed out that most of India's ills including inability to thwart TSP sponsored terror can be traced back to lack of national cohesion and core sense of national identity as opposed to caste or linguistic, or in the case of many Muslims/Christians, religious identity.
But I found the participants either scared or slimy in pointing out why US has decimated terror, while India is a sitting duck. Note they were even coy to use the phrase "Isalmic terror".
What I came away after watching that show was that its becasue of ruling elite like those gathered who even shy away from honestly describing the terror threat India is confronted with, is the real reason why India is a sitting duck for TSPA/ISI, and why India could yet unravel as a result of such intellectual cowardice.
Hi Crams Ji, i posted something to reason why US is strong and India seems week (in the JLPB thread). It's not the reasons you state..these are the superficial aspects. We don't really know what we stand for. We have a set of leaders who seem to stand up for everything..and anything under the sun. We are mistaking our doctrinal Incluvism to include Adharma. Step by step..through nice sounding legislation's etc..slowly but surely we are diluting the framework under which pluralism and Incluvism can really work well. Fundamental and literal Islamic doctrine has a big sway in all this. Khan on the under hand sways, but still stays firm to his core value. He'll blow up half the planet or more defending the value systems he takes pride in. That gives Khan strength. Our fundamental weakness is standing up for everything which means we stand really for nothing, and those that stand for nothing will fall for anything. Including Asuric ideology.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

harbans:

I respectfully disagree. The reason we stand for every BS and hence for nothing, under the guise of secularism or pluralism or Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam or whtever, is because we cannot agree on anything common that binds us. You tell me sir, what is the definition of being Indian, and tell me if under that definition, will there be broad agreeent among the disparate caste, linguistic, or religious groupings who put that local affinity over and above anything else? You watched that debate. The pompous dishonest clowns could not even summon the courage to say Islamic terror, and were probably crapping in their pants to emphasize the truth that terror aganst India is green in color and the nerve center is in TSP. How can one begin to tackle the problem if you are running scared to even define it as it should be?
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

CRams Ji, i didn't watch the debate, i know what happened and who shirked though. It's IMHO exactly as you reported and i agree with your version.
You tell me sir, what is the definition of being Indian, and tell me if under that definition, will there be broad agreeent among the disparate caste, linguistic, or religious groupings who put that local affinity over and above anything else?
We do reach a broad agreement on many fronts as Indians. And that stands in stark contrast to Pakistani's or Saudi's or the Chinese for that matter. The reason is simply some broad value systems by which most of us are in agreement with. These however get diluted every time a Thapar, Guha, RG, Roy, Digvijay or WKK comes on the scene. Why? Because they want to make amends with an ideology that is not in broader agreement to the principles of our incluvist and pluralist tradition. So somehow some of us have to slime that in..That's what you are seeing on TV, sneaks trying to use pluralism, incluvism to say that look we stand for everything and all sorts that is our ethos..and many of us buy it. No that is not our ethos. As a society being the very original protagonists of Inclusive and Pluralist ideologies and doctrine, we also came with a fundamental weakness attached to it..the danger of including what is insidiously cancerous. That's also why possibly Krishna messaged Arjuna in the BG..damn fight against what you don't stand for you coward. Don't let it pass. The day Indians and thus India realizes really what they and the value systems they define stand for..we reverse the totalitarian trend in our midst and neighborhood. And we can achieve that by also Neti..rejecting value systems we must and should never be making amends with. Come what may..Am Islamized pakistan is as far as it goes, we are not going to reckon in an Islamized India for example. We haven't taken a stand as yet. We've been wishy washy so far and so jerks like those i mention above are having a field day in the media..leading to your frustration and obviously mine too.
Airavat
BRF Oldie

Post by Airavat »

NIA probing Kerala link to Delhi blast
Sleuths are trying to extract details from some of the Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) operatives including Thadiyanatavide Nazir and Sarfaraz Nawaz, both lodged in the Bangalore Central Prison. Nazir, hailing from Kannur district, has been convicted for life in the Kozhikode twin-blast case of 2006 and is an accused in the Bangalore serial blast and several others in Kerala as well. Nawaz from Pallikkara in Ernakulam, had been the fund-raiser for LeT operations in India. He was secretly brought to India from Oman by a RAW team.

Only recently, intelligence agencies began to keep a tab on modules that had connections with Kannur. Most of them have either been killed by security forces in Kashmir or arrested But a key player K.P. Sabeer, involved in the recruitment case, is still at large. Another operative is C.A.M. Basheer, a former State president of SIMI, who is supposed to be shuttling between Pakistan and Saudi Arabia, sources said.
sanjeevpunj
BRFite

Post by sanjeevpunj »

These two statements below seem to be so illogical, I am wondering what PC is driving at.One one hand he believes we are naturally vulnerable to terror attacks due to our geographical location being close to its epicentre, and on the other hand he is indirectly encouraging Maoists to keep their arms,and their ideology.
Maoists don't have to give up arms for talks: Chidambaram.
Union home minister P Chidambaram issued the most strident call for peace to the Maoists yet, as on Wednesday he asked them to come to the table for peace talks without laying down arms, or leaving their ideology behind."I am requesting you on behalf of Central government and the state governments which are negotiating with you, please stop violence. We are ready to talk withoout any precondition. But please stop violence," said P Chidambaram at a programme of a chamber of commerce in Kolkata.The Maoists don't have to give up weapons or their ideology; nor do they require to disband the People's Liberation Guerilla Army, said Chidambaram.
Source:http://www.hindustantimes.com/Maoists-d ... 48379.aspx

India vulnerable to terror attacks: Home Minister P Chidambaram
KOLKATA: Union Home Minister P Chidambaram today said India is vulnerable to terror attacks as it is closest to the terror epicentre. "No country is free from terror. We are more vulnerable as we are closest to the epicentre of terror - Pakistan and Afghanistan," Chidambaram said here."Former Afghan president Burhanuddin Rabbani was killed yesterday in a highly protected area of Kabul ... No city is completely invulnerable," he said. "We try to be vigilant 24X7. We have asked the police forces to be vigilant despite all the deficiencies. "Capacity is not sufficient to pre-empt possible attacks, for which intelligence gathering, investigation and a counter-terrorism agency backed by advanced technical network to bringing in all the data will have to be in place," he said adding the Centre would build National Counter Terrorism Centre soon.
Source:http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/new ... 065400.cms
sanjeevpunj
BRFite

Post by sanjeevpunj »

^^^True,Ramana ji.Clever moves.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

If proven, its a treachery which calls for appropriate punishment.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Recd. in the mail from Fun & Info@ Keralites.net.
Apologies if earlier posted.

Welcome to the Bomb explosion helpline of Home Department, Government of India.

Press 1 for latest bomb explosions
Press 2 to hear Home Minister’s pre-recorded reaction.
Press 3 to hear Prime Minister’s pre-recorded claims to condemn it and assurance to take strong action against culprits.
Press 4 to know whether anybody claimed responsibility for the explosion.
Press 5 to hear pre-recorded claim of Digvijay Singh blaming RSS for explosions.
Press 6 to know whether any terrorist has been arrested by mistake; please be assured the Congress would give him 5-star treatment.
Press 7 to hear messages like terrorism has no religion.
Press 8 if you want Rahul Gandhi to visit the poor in villages.
Press 9 if your relative has died in the explosion to hear Gandhiji’s bhajan.

If you were severely injured in the explosion and still alive, then press your own neck for bringing this corrupt and anti national government to power.
Thank you for calling. May God bless and protect you during the remaining term of this Anti Indian government.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

NIA arrests Kashmiri medical student in Delhi blast case
NIA has arrested a Kashmiri medical student who is alleged to be a 'key link' in the conspiracy behind the Delhi high court blast last month.
NEW DELHI: NIA has arrested a Kashmiri medical student who is alleged to be a 'key link' in the conspiracy behind the Delhi high court blast last month that left 15 people dead and over 70 injured.

Wasim Ahmed, a student of Unani medicine in Bangaldesh,
was being questioned by the NIA in connection with the blast, official sources said.

There was no official word on whether Wasim was arrested near the Indo-Bangla border or the authorities in Dhaka had handed him over.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

There was no official word on whether Wasim was arrested near the Indo-Bangla border or the authorities in Dhaka had handed him over.
Would assume its the latter...
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

sum wrote:
Would assume its the latter...
Atleast this particular BDGovt has sense to hand over terrorists inside and avoid consequent imitation of gaziyat & terrorism.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Economic Times reports:

NIA announces Rs 10 lakh reward for Delhi HC blast suspects

Wonder what took them so long after the trail has gone so cold giving the perpetraters ample time to amble to safe havens abroad?
NEW DELHI: NIA on Friday announced a cash reward of Rs 10 lakh for any information leading to arrest of three Hizbul Mujahideen terrorists including Junaid Akram in connection with the Delhi high court blast that left 15 people dead.

All the three -- Junaid, Shakir Hussain Sheikh and Amir Ali Kamal -- are residents of Kishtwar district of Jammu region and have been accused by the NIA of playing "a crucial role in the conspiracy which led to the blast at the High Court on September 7, 2011."

The age of Junaid, whose brother Wasim is at present in NIA custody, has been mentioned as 19 years and he has been accused of several terrorist cases in Kishtwar area. He is stated to be active since last year.

However, the family contends that he was only 16 year old and that he had been kidnapped by Hizbul Mujahdieen militants last year after he appeared in 10th class examination as an act of revenge as an information from the family had led to arrest of Azhar Ali, financer and recruiter of Hizb terror group.

The NIA announced a cash reward of Rs 10 lakh for any information leading to their arrest with an assurance that the identity of the informer would be kept secret. :mrgreen:

{Obviously they didn't do that for that family, which provided the info to arrest the terrorist Azhar Ali. How does any one know this will not happen again? Something to think about? Is Azhar Ali enjoying govt hospitality and biryani? How come he is not convicted?}

This is for the first time that NIA has made it public that terrorists of Hizbul Mujahideen were behind the blast that shook the Delhi HC leaving 15 people dead and dozens injured.

{So what prevented them from releasing this info as soon as they got it. It would have stopped the saffron terror speculation by Doggy Singh}

The other two Amir Ali Kamal alias Amir and Shakir Hussain Sheikh alias Chota Hafiz alias Adil have been active in militancy since 2008 and 2005 respectiveley, investigators said.
Rewards programs show that the amount has to be very large to induce information leading to the arrest and conviction. And it has to be announced soon after the crime is comitted while the suspects are still in the vicinity and hiding near those who can give the information. And has to be accompanied by protection that the informer will live to enjoy his rewards. Obviously the state failed on both counts.

Announcing this sum much after the event will not bring any information.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

^^ Times Now was reporting that ex-BD army deserter was also a main suspect and huge hunt is on for him too...doesnt seem to be in the print media though! :-?
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 457445.cms
The September 7 Delhi high court terror attack was carried out by two Pakistanis from Lahore, according to Wasim Akram Malik, who masterminded the operation to save Parliament terror attack convict Afzal Guru from being sent to gallows.

Sources said Wasim has identified the two HC bombers as Saifullah and Bilal, both Lahore residents. Wasim has told interrogators that the duo is 25-30 years old. Although he has feigned ignorance about the affiliations of the two bombers with terror groups, the NIA team and the J&K Police handling the case suspect that the two could be linked with either Lashkar-e-Toiba or Jaish-e-Mohammed.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

The headline appears sarcastic but most likely the two perpetrators are for hire BD terrorists.

One can sit and come up with most likley answers for all the questions.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

May 21, 2012, almost to the anniversary of the Delhi HC blast:

Delhi HC blast suspect flees, LeT aide killed in encounter
Srinagar: Delhi High Court blast accused Chota Hafiz managed to flee in an encounter with the security forces in Kishtwar on Monday, but his close associate Akhtar Hussain was gunned down, say media reports.

Hussain was a militant of the Lashkar-e-Toiba.

According to a Zee News report, Hafiz was present at the encounter site just before the security forces reached there.

The blast had taken place in the parking lot of the Delhi High Court on May 25 last year.
never forget and keep hunting.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

ramana wrote:March 15th 2012

NIA chargesheets six in Delhi HC blast case
The six accused chargesheeted are Wasim Akram Malik, Amir Abbas Dev, Amir Kamal, Junaid Akram Malik and Shakir Hussain Seikh and a minor. Out of them, three accused-Amir Kamal, Junaid Akram Malik and Shakir Hussian Sheikh- are absconding. The minor accused is on bail.
So who is Chota Hafiz in the above list?
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

ramana wrote:March 15th 2012

NIA chargesheets six in Delhi HC blast case
The six accused chargesheeted are Wasim Akram Malik, Amir Abbas Dev, Amir Kamal, Junaid Akram Malik and Shakir Hussain Seikh and a minor. Out of them, three accused-Amir Kamal, Junaid Akram Malik and Shakir Hussian Sheikh- are absconding. The minor accused is on bail.
ramana wrote:So who is Chota Hafiz in the above list?
^^Shakir Hussian Sheikh
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

phew...had a heart stopping moment when I saw this thread up in the top. I thought this happened now.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Gus You dont want follow up on action taken so far?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

x-post...
Sushupti wrote:Exclusive: Starlet Laila Khan used LeT funds to double money in Bollywood?

Laila Khan, who made her debut with the seductive bed scene with yesteryear’s superstar Rajesh Khanna in Wafaa (2008), is said to have allegedly diverted a lot of Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) funds to Bollywood.

Highly placed sources from the intelligence agencies reveal, “Three years ago, Salma Patel alias Laila Khan married Munir Khan, a member of the Bangladeshi terror outfit HUJI. It is believed that it was through Munir she came in contact with the LeT and convinced their funders to invest into Bollywood films so that they would double their investments which could further be forwarded for terror attacks in Kashmir and across the country."

“Laila also wanted to get into the skin of Bollywood and make a personal rapport with the actresses so that she could invite the damsels to UAE to entertain her Lashkar contacts," adds a source.

Khan went missing last year, allegedly recced Mumbai in 2011 along with her stepfather, sister and a family friend, and provided maps and photographs from the trip to the Pakistan-based terror outfit Lakhkar-e-Taiba (LeT), which was then planning a terror attack on the city.

The 'Wafaa' actress' Mitsubishi Outlander was allegedly used to ferry explosives for a bomb blast at the Delhi High Court in September 2011. Laila was accompanied by her sister Azmina Patel, her stepfather Asif Sheikh and her family friend Parvez Iqbal Tak, who allegedly had links with LeT militants.

Rakhi’s Sawant’s brother Rakesh, who directed Laila in Wafaa reveals that the actress did have certain mysterious contacts, who visited her during shoots too. “Three years ago, when I had visited her home to discuss another film project, I was amused to find Kashmiri men sitting in her bedroom, who had weapons along with them. She claimed them to be her relatives,” said Sawant.

http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/ENT-ex ... 81427.html
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Looks like intelligence sources know everything after the event. Three years ago is 2009.

Also interesting that Bollyoowd personalities regulary have contact with Paki terrorists but never talk to police nor does the industry or people shun them. Where is Mumbai pride? Must be in candle light vigils for victims.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

There are dossiers hopefully
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Is this Laila Khan an Indian or a Pakistani ? The reports call her a Pakistani starlet but, the following confuses me.
Saleena was married to Nadir Shah Patel, a multi-millionaire, for many years before they divorced in 2006, Dass said.
All members of her family live in India. She also seems to have possesed properties in Mumbai & Nashik. How come if she were a Pakistani ?
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Bangalore stadium blast accused killed in high-security jail
Bangalore Chinnaswamy stadium blast accused Qateel Siddiqui was on Friday strangled to death inside the Yerwada jail in Pune by his fellow-inmates.

Siddiqui, a suspected Indian Mujahideen member, was allegedly involved in several terror attacks in Delhi, Bangalore and Pune.
Roperia
BRFite

Post by Roperia »

Feeling heat from security forces, king pin of Delhi high court blast, Chota Hafiz a dreaded Hizbul mujahideen terrorist, who was in hiding for the last several months somewhere in Kishtwar heights has sent feelers for surrender. TIMES NOW has got exclusive audio intercept of Chota Hafiz who recently contacted security agencies expressing concern that he fears that if he lays down arms his own men will eliminate him and his family.
The Delhi blast plotter on tape | TIMES NOW Video