2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/iMac_too/status/1208241623458439169
iMac_too @iMac_too

Pappu ji @RahulGandhi, your govt in Maharashtra slapped section 144 for 2 months in Aurangabad city. Now withdraw the support
https://twitter.com/iMac_too/status/120 ... e]iMac_too @iMac_too

UTha @officeofut knows if there's one trigger that has potential to take down his alliance, that's his erstwhile fortress Sambhajinagar. He's taking no chances. पर बकरे की अम्मा कब तक खैर मनाएगी?[/quote]
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

pankajs wrote:
Karan M wrote:
Really? That's literally how the 2 nation theory was pushed for, and led to the Direct Action Day, and the deaths, murders, rapes of countless non Muslims and later Muslims as well. Should we ignore that? Also, if Hindus start saying "Musalmano se Azadi" will that even be acceptable (leaving aside the ethical, moral aspects out of the picture).
Can anyone here for instance, walk around in *any* secular society with a large placard stating " i want freedom from muslims" and not suffer significant consequences or blow-back? If so, the other case should be held as equally offensive.
Some people think "Hinduon se azadi" or "Muslamano se azadi" is same as "Gareebi se azadi" when clearly it is not. Any slogan that pits one section of society, whether in the name of religion or language or caste or creed or race, is not acceptable.

Some people think having "absolute" FoS is the way to go, where as
a. FoS is not free or absolute. Any slogan that attempts to divide the population is to be condemned. Condemning such slogan is not only ethical but also the in line with Indian law and courts judgement.
b. Just because something may work in a relatively homogeneous"western" society does not mean it is correct for a diverse society like India.
c. This militant version of FoS, which originate in the west, has started to be questioned even in the western countries as they confront increasing diversity.

Exactly. How is it ok to call for Hinduon se Azaadi and then some Hindu will argue he does not want Muslims in his area and there it starts. This was literally the basis of the 2-nation theory.

India has no dearth of yahoos across religions who are out to be incited into bad actions. And these chaps are arguing that all this is fine. The fact that this is fine, implies we have a severe dysfunction and sooner or later, things will start getting ugly.

It is good it is coming out now, but we should not call it acceptable.

Next, not sure it works in the western society as well.

Simple question. Can you make calls for "Muslims se azaadi" whilst being a prominent politician, business or military leader and double down on it?

Nine times out of ten, you will be forced to make an apology, backtrack and that's it, you are done even otherwise. The apology would be too little too late. The chaps who go by such unwritten rules are busy telling us, in a far more diverse and challenged society - where violence can erupt anytime and our police system is very undermanned, that we should somehow allow anyone to yell anything at anyone.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

praksam wrote:When the Hindus come out in open, this is how it will be like.

https://twitter.com/abhi_thakurnew/stat ... 26947?s=09
Be as it may, this does not help at the current time. It only adds fuel to the fire.
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

If the USA really believed in absolute freedom of speech, they would not have a problem with using the "N" word. That's freedom of speech, right? Why hide the word behind its first letter and tippy-toe around it?
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/VidyaKrishnan/statu ... 0986841089
Vidya @VidyaKrishnan

I don't understand how this govt has not fallen. What more will it take?

The economy is ruined, children are getting brutalized, women raped, soldiers used as canon fodder for election campaigns, he's threatened our citizenship... What more will it take?
:rotfl: Bibi, you will need to take haazar janams to get it with your closed mind. Global jurnos some!
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

pankajs wrote:Embedded video ...

https://twitter.com/swati_gs/status/1208244364364763136
Swati Goel Sharma @swati_gs

A faculty at IIT Kanpur has submitted this video and a complaint to director, alleging anti-India & communal statements made at a recent event held in 'solidarity with Jamia' & that event held without permission.

"When All Idols Will Be Removed...
Only Allah’s Name Will Remain"
https://twitter.com/swati_gs/status/120 ... uote]Swati Goel Sharma @swati_gs

That it is a poem by Faiz is mentioned in copy. I know it. I have merely reported about a complaint letter that has sparked a row in the campus.
Darkha Butt bibi got constipated reading these tweets. In-fact, it has triggered a lot of sickular and peaceful people on twitter. I will update once I locate that tweet.[/quote]

Frankly I don't think this is an issue - the poem, at least in Muslim circles, is not considered a call to jihad or violence against any non muslims. To the contrary, it was purposely written as a heretical lyric against the establishment. The last verse is especially telling as it recounts the words of the Persian mystic, Hallaj, "An Al Haqq". Nor was the audience clamoring over the "destruction of idols", the applause was an expected response to the end of a couplet. Same as all the applause given to the other couplets.

More importantly, the students are not doing anything violent. so a gathering of this nature, where nothing specifically communal or anti India is being narrated, shouldn't be misconstrued as such. There is a lot worse being said and done by more blatantly mischievous people.

Ultimately, the Abrahamic traditions do consider idolatory as a strict no-no, so long as this doesn't cause them to attach those who worship idols, it should'nt be an issue. Otherwise one might as well censure every Christian/Jew in the land.

Having said this, I do believe the timing was terrible. Not the time to be saying such things.
Last edited by Cain Marko on 21 Dec 2019 18:30, edited 2 times in total.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Karan M wrote:
praksam wrote:When the Hindus come out in open, this is how it will be like.

https://twitter.com/abhi_thakurnew/stat ... 26947?s=09
Be as it may, this does not help at the current time. It only adds fuel to the fire.
True but unless the current anti GOI protests calm down, it is only a matter of time before the majority starts lining up its own protests, marches etc. The LO apparatus will be hard pressed to contain the inevitable clashes that would be the result. This has the potential to be very dangerous and explosive unless diffused in a hurry. I'm not sure it is just going to blow over. Although I'm not entirely sure how to diffuse it either.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Cain Marko wrote: Frankly I don't think this is an issue - the poem, at least in Muslim circles, is not considered a call to jihad or violence against any non muslims.
This song normalises the anti-Hindu bigotry and clearly iconoclastic. One one hand, Seculars are asking Hindus not to sing Vande mataram, not to have Hanuman posters, not to sport tilak, not to have durga processions to respect Muslim sentiments while Muslims are allowed to sing iconoclastic anti-Hindu songs. Accommodation and respecting sentiments should be a two way street. This applies to Christians too.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

Cain Marko wrote:
Karan M wrote:
True but unless the current anti GOI protests calm down, it is only a matter of time before the majority starts lining up its own protests, marches etc. The LO apparatus will be hard pressed to contain the inevitable clashes that would be the result. This has the potential to be very dangerous and explosive unless diffused in a hurry. I'm not sure it is just going to blow over. Although I'm not entirely sure how to diffuse it either.
Such protests(which are actually peaceful) by majority are by and large ok till now. Although attendees should be vetted very carefully. Seculars and islamics can always launch false flag ops donning the Hindu identity.

It is extremely important that majority does not take law in its own hand. That is for now at least. Let administration sort this out on their own. Now if the administration fails, then anyway there is a risk of civil war brewing.

Remember one thing. While it is not absolutely sacrosanct, our number one priority should be is to reach $10 tn economy by 2030. Ofcourse if push comes to shove, then all of you are wise enough.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

darshhan wrote:
Cain Marko wrote: True but unless the current anti GOI protests calm down, it is only a matter of time before the majority starts lining up its own protests, marches etc. The LO apparatus will be hard pressed to contain the inevitable clashes that would be the result. This has the potential to be very dangerous and explosive unless diffused in a hurry. I'm not sure it is just going to blow over. Although I'm not entirely sure how to diffuse it either.
Such protests(which are actually peaceful) by majority are by and large ok till now. Although attendees should be vetted very carefully. Seculars and islamics can always launch false flag ops donning the Hindu identity.

It is extremely important that majority does not take law in its own hand. That is for now at least. Let administration sort this out on their own. Now if the administration fails, then anyway there is a risk of civil war brewing.

Remember one thing. While it is not absolutely sacrosanct, our number one priority should be is to reach $10 tn economy by 2030. Ofcourse if push comes to shove, then all of you are wise enough.
Saar, the majority is hardly going to be all law abiding if it is provoked. I was there in Rajasthan when the Gujjars went berserk. Scary shit. it is just a matter of odds - if these anti cab idiots are not controlled soon, it is just a matter of time before large numbers of BJP supporters come on the streets, and then it is anyone's guess as to what will happen. That $ 10 trillion dream that so many have - you can kiss it goodbye.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Cain Marko wrote:Frankly I don't think this is an issue - the poem, at least in Muslim circles, is not considered a call to jihad or violence against any non muslims. To the contrary, it was purposely written as a heretical lyric against the establishment. The last verse is especially telling as it recounts the words of the Persian mystic, Hallaj, "An Al Haqq". Nor was the audience clamoring over the "destruction of idols", the applause was an expected response to the end of a couplet. Same as all the applause given to the other couplets.

More importantly, the students are not doing anything violent. so a gathering of this nature, where nothing specifically communal or anti India is being narrated, shouldn't be misconstrued as such. There is a lot worse being said and done by more blatantly mischievous people.

Ultimately, the Abrahamic traditions do consider idolatory as a strict no-no, so long as this doesn't cause them to attach those who worship idols, it should'nt be an issue. Otherwise one might as well censure every Christian/Jew in the land.

Having said this, I do believe the timing was terrible. Not the time to be saying such things.
Cain - not that straight forward. There are now several individuals involved with extremely shady pasts and degrees of radicalization and how *they* interpret a poem may not be as others think it is meant to be interpreted.

The fact that LW students were singing along, and applauding is par for the course. They literally don't know or care about what they are doing, but the lyrics are bad, and it is very common for such poems to be re-appropriated by far worse extremists.
Precisely, and it is at this point that claims that this was a poem by Faiz etc will no longer been seen as merely "revolutionary" but also as something deliberately mischievous and bigoted. This stuff of breaking idols etc is just unacceptable in a secular society which has seen violence on that account.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Rony wrote:
Cain Marko wrote: Frankly I don't think this is an issue - the poem, at least in Muslim circles, is not considered a call to jihad or violence against any non muslims.
This song normalises the anti-Hindu bigotry and clearly iconoclastic. One one hand, Seculars are asking Hindus not to sing Vande mataram, not to have Hanuman posters, not to sport tilak, not to have durga processions to respect Muslim sentiments while Muslims are allowed to sing iconoclastic anti-Hindu songs. Accommodation and respecting sentiments should be a two way street. This applies to Christians too.
Couldn't agree more. The problem is the pseudo seculars - they need to be dressed down, and fast. These are the biggest issue currently faced by India. Aam aadmi, muslim or otherwise, will go about peacefully if these shitheads stop provoking them. I'm truly suprised that Mamta types can get away and MAD are not doing anything about it. Even more surprising is that Congoons like Italian family haven't been jailed yet for their misdeeds.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Aadhar cannot replace NRC for the simple reason that it is voluntary and has been boxed in a very thigh spac by the supreme court.
https://twitter.com/raggedtag/status/12 ... 4322331650
Ra Ch Na @raggedtag

Oh wow! I love my compatriots. Those who were blasting off #Aadhaar are now saying why not use that data and identify citizenship :rotfl:
#CAAProtest I can't hate you people when you make me laugh
Desh badal raha hai!

mean-e-while
https://twitter.com/ShashiTharoor/statu ... 8021749760
Shashi Tharoor @ShashiTharoor

Disappointed & disturbed that a publication I respect, @IndiaToday, has curbed the freedom of its journalists to express opinions. Rumours suggest a second media house is following suit. It seems the intimidation implicit in the circular I tweeted ydy from I&B is working. Sad
Imagehttps://twitter.com/rahulroushan/status ... uote]Rahul Roushan @rahulroushan

Is it Rajdeep who is leaking screenshots to you? Did he also tell you how he had forwarded fake videos in India Today WhatsApp group claiming police brutality against protesters and later deleted them?[/quote]Many had noticed how the channel had allowed a one-sided and often fact-free coverage and commentary.

Don't know if this is for real or just another drama by the channels. After-all, how could the channels lead anchors peddle propaganda for more than a week without the managements blessings.

It also makes sense that Shampoo bouy jumped in because the coverage was decidedly against the government and thus favored those who wanted anarchy.

https://twitter.com/ZeeNewsHindi/status ... 7918325760
Zee News Hindi
@ZeeNewsHindi
#UttarPradesh LIVE: हिंसा फैलाने वालों पर कार्रवाई, #Muzaffarnagar में उपद्रवियों की 47 दुकानें सील

Translated from Hindi by

#UttarPradesh LIVE: Action on perpetrators of violence, #Muzaffarnagar 47 shops of miscreants sealed in #CAA
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Rony wrote:
Bingo, nobody is asking for cultural pride markers to be stopped. But this one is all over the line of propriety.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Karan M wrote:
Precisely, and it is at this point that claims that this was a poem by Faiz etc will no longer been seen as merely "revolutionary" but also as something deliberately mischievous and bigoted. This stuff of breaking idols etc is just unacceptable in a secular society which has seen violence on that account.
Yes but bringing such shit on twitter really doesn't resolve anything. If it was raised by the faculty at IIT, it should be allowed to cool down in that locale. Right now is not the time to make issues of things that are smallish in the context of the situation. It will only flare up sentiments of the already hot majority. Timing is crucial. Far better for twitter journos to spend their energy on exposing bigger fish that are the true cause of the problems. I would like to see more debate and interviews of Mamta about her ridiculously irresponsible comments - ditto with Raga and others. Wouldn't be a bad idea to get bollywood types on such fora and ask them to defend their naawlij in such matters. A proper exposure and dressing down will fix them for good - guys like Sai Deepak might be good to ask such questions.

Unless of course the idea is to bring out all the venom from history and have one bloody mess. That might take care of the situation in the long term. But we might as well give up on the next decade.
Larry Walker
BRFite

Post by Larry Walker »

#HinduDekhRahaHai - The same bigots who rioted throughout the country and desecrated Hutatma Chowk to let lakhs of Rohingya Muslims illegally into India - are now rioting to stop 30 thousand Hindus who already fled into India from getting any dignity and rights.
#NoCountryForHindus - Pakistan and Bangladesh Muslims will persecute and kill and convert Hindus, Indian Muslims will riot to prevent these hounded Hindus from coming to India and take shelter to live a normal life.
ragupta
BRFite

Post by ragupta »

Karan M wrote:
Nikhil T wrote: +1. We cannot be patriotic while having visceral hatred towards a significant chunk of the population (the vice versa is applicable too). Anyone can protest any law or policy, they don't deserve being called anti-national just because they protest. I wonder if we would call Lt Gen Syed Ata Hasnain anti-national or anti-Hindu if he comes out against this law. Note that this is not to absolve the violent protesters of any crime - they must be punished as must their political mai-baaps.
This is rubbish.

If political protesters engage in rabid anti-Hindu sloganeering it deserves to be called out and noted for what it is. To claim that doing so is "visceral hatred towards a significant chunk of the population" is wrong. It implies that an entire community is full of bigots and hence its ok for them to do so, and one should ignore it. The worst kind of acceptance possible.

In fact, its the sloganeers who clearly have visceral hatred towards a significant chunk of the population.

"Hinduon se azaadi" is the worst kind of bigotry there is given both its historical antecedents and also what its being used today for, events like the Pulwama attack or Indian Mujahideen's antics.

Simply put neither of you can deny the above is not "really rotten meat".

To most rational folks, the kind of slogans used in the event were really rotten by themselves *and* anti-national, as the nation includes Hindus and to deliberately, provocatively use this kind of sloganeering to ask for a break away is very clear about what the protesters want.

And lets not bring in Syed Hasnain or Abdul Kalam or this person or that person whenever any idiot is discussed. First, they'd likely be as offended at these peoples behavior and know the long or even short term consequences of the sloganeering and rabid behavior on public perception. Second, people like Gen Afsar Karim coined terms like "the running dogs of jihad" for Pakistanis who spoke much the same language as above "Hinduon se Azadi".

Lets not constantly bring these folks in as some kind of 1 man counterweight to the idiocy that the rest do. It doesn't work and all you are doing is dragging everyone to the same table and painting them with the same brush. This virtue signaling achieves nothing. Most people can see right through the local fallacies inherent in your argument - bringing up a good guy to excuse the bad behavior engaged in by others, when both are not even correlated, and second, over time, folks will start attacking the "good guys", and attempt to tear down national icons merely because they are frustrated at one group being trotted out as cover fire for the second.

Accept the fact the behavior engaged in by these jokers was unacceptable and there is a widespread radicalization problem and then at least you have a credible position to propose solutions, as versus denying the reality altogether.
+++++ Agree 100000000%
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

CM, If you don't bring up that "shit" (request you to please tone down the language btw), the magnitude of the problem that exists in our academic system will not be exposed and the majority will be called a genocidal group of fascists. All our colleges are seeing this kind of stuff. Can we really afford all this in our academic institutions? Are they to publish research papers or develop world-class anarchists?

Cooling down is fine, but these issues are not "smallish" nor are they unimportant. People who are on the fence need to understand what's going in our universities and as parents, adults need to stand by the GOI as it makes decisions without pandering to these folks.

The "hot majority" is not influenced by what's on twitter IMHO. Its influenced by what's going on next door, in their neighbourhoods, in their cities, by what families talk to each other.

The stone throwing, the lynching of cops in Gujarat, the bleeding faces of cops in others, the "Hinduon se Azadi" chants - all this is likely already making the rounds on WhatsApp and TikTok. How long can the Govt stop the net or even phone calls?

Political leaders are merely the symptom in some ways. As leaders they do cause issues, but it is the public's attitude which also needs fixing as it is they who decide the agenda.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

pankajs wrote:https://twitter.com/ZeeNewsHindi/status ... 7918325760
Zee News Hindi
@ZeeNewsHindi
#UttarPradesh LIVE: हिंसा फैलाने वालों पर कार्रवाई, #Muzaffarnagar में उपद्रवियों की 47 दुकानें सील

Translated from Hindi by

#UttarPradesh LIVE: Action on perpetrators of violence, #Muzaffarnagar 47 shops of miscreants sealed in #CAA
Interesting, First, what this means is the common POV that the violent folks are merely rabble is wrong. These people had shops and were (in common parlance) settled. Second, the UP Govt's policy is far better IMHO than the usual lock up and free method which is invariably a flop show. In this case, if they are properly vetted and not just vindictive, they might actually scare enough folks into thinking twice about rioting.
ragupta
BRFite

Post by ragupta »

Time to get on the street, and support strong action against anti social and anti national elements. typically the people who support keep silent and only the crooks are on the street. time to show strength on street as well.
ragupta
BRFite

Post by ragupta »

Anyone in academia, media or anywhere else who shouts anti hindu or call them by name should be taken to task, ask them to explain, use of expletives without understanding and name calling has to stop otherwise punish and get jail term. this is not expression, if you want civility from others behave and act as such.
Larry Walker
BRFite

Post by Larry Walker »

57 cops in UP have gunshot injuries - confirmed by UP DGP - so much for peaceful demonstrations - this was a all out war against the state
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Nbs wrote:57 cops in UP have gunshot injuries - confirmed by UP DGP - so much for peaceful demonstrations - this was a all out war against the state
This is off the scale.

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/u ... 2019-12-21

"In protest against Citizenship Amendment Act since December 10 in state [Uttar Pradesh], 705 people were arrested and around 4,500 people were released after preventive arrest. Fifteen casualties have happened and 263 police personnel were injured of which 57 personnel received fire arm injuries," UP IG Praveen Kumar said.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Through out the first term, people were complaining that Modi was Vajpayee 2.0. What is he doing for Hindus? Hindus did not vote for him to do nothing, I am not going to vote for him again.

In his second term he has set such a scorching pace, people sitting in their sofas are unable to handle it. They now want him to slow down. Looks like something is brewing in Kashmir. There are rumours on twitter that Neelum Valley Highway (POK) has been cut off or even occupied by Indian Army.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

What's up in MP, with 144 in 50/52 districts?
Is this part of the issue I wonder?

Jobless number rises by 25% in 1 year
Last edited by UlanBatori on 21 Dec 2019 20:36, edited 2 times in total.
Kaivalya
BRFite

Post by Kaivalya »

Karan M wrote:
Nbs wrote:57 cops in UP have gunshot injuries - confirmed by UP DGP - so much for peaceful demonstrations - this was a all out war against the state
This is off the scale.

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/u ... 2019-12-21

"In protest against Citizenship Amendment Act since December 10 in state [Uttar Pradesh], 705 people were arrested and around 4,500 people were released after preventive arrest. Fifteen casualties have happened and 263 police personnel were injured of which 57 personnel received fire arm injuries," UP IG Praveen Kumar said.
This is an attempt to turn other parts of India into bengal under the guise of fake outrage, violence, religious discrimination, political stifling, pakistaniyat etc. When none of it is true. In this list of arrested in UP, is one Congress MLA, Samajwadi MP etc.

I like the way bengaluru top cop made every one protesting sing the national anthem, delhi top cop gave his step by step escalation etc before rioters were arrested. People need to understand that CCAT nexus is wilfully putting idiots in danger or worse killing them.

Thankfully no hindu guy/group lost it and beat someone up - that is what these liberandus are itching for.Notice there is no claims on lynching because of cow smuggling, lynching because of jaishriram etc. For everyone who thinks these are normal people suffering in a moment of insanity please wake up - no one walks around with a can of petrol to set a car or bus on fire instantly

This is by definition new play from the playbook of BIF courtesy bengal. For folks who might takes offense to my bengal statement, there are a lot of other plays like language play from TN politicians, Maratha play from Maharashtra, Caste play etc. Each one is different by BIF play and does not justify any other BIF play. But please note this play is given PAN indian identity ( some joker in Jamia is putting an indian black map of new protests before it happens ) and is bigger in strength as a bunch of political parties have strengthened this fake outrage
Last edited by Kaivalya on 21 Dec 2019 20:44, edited 1 time in total.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Fifteen casualties have happened and 263 police personnel were injured of which 57 personnel received fire arm injuries,"
"Casualty" means pest-e-sha'eed?
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Chicago would have had more deaths in a week than that number.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

hanumadu wrote:Through out the first term, people were complaining that Modi was Vajpayee 2.0. What is he doing for Hindus? Hindus did not vote for him to do nothing, I am not going to vote for him again.

In his second term he has set such a scorching pace, people sitting in their sofas are unable to handle it. They now want him to slow down. Looks like something is brewing in Kashmir. There are rumours on twitter that Neelum Valley Highway (POK) has been cut off or even occupied by Indian Army.
Indian Army has just announced over the air from our side that roads in the vallley are no longer safe and any vehicular movement will be targeted. Nothing more.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Nikhil T wrote:Nobody is denying radicalization problem in Muslims. It must be dealt with, but surely not by threatening all Muslims citizenship.
I am amazed as to how you can make such an asinine statement.

There is nothing in the law that threatens citizenship of ANY Indian citizen regardless of their religion. NOTHING. To state otherwise suggests that you are either flame baiting or just down right ignorant about the law itself. Either way, you need a cooling off period. You are banned for a month. Go read up the law and then come back. And do not whine about the ban, otherwise you will be banned for good. So it is your call.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://www.firstpost.com/india/citizen ... 09831.html
Meanwhile, amid massive anti NRC protests, govt to seek info on date and place of parents’ birth under NPR
Even as massive protests continue to rage against Citizenship Amendment Act and National Register of Citizens, the Union Home Ministry has approached the Cabinet for Rs 3,941 crore to update the National Population Register (NPR), The Indian Express reported. The upcoming NPR exercise will require people to declare ‘date and place of birth of parents’ which was not asked in the earlier NPR, the newspaper said.

This gains significance in context to the implementation of NRC, which the home minister himself has promised to implement. Also, under the Citizenship Act, for those born after 1987, at least one parent must be born in India, and must be a citizen.
Looks like the GOI will take the NPR/Census route to seed the NRC.

IIRC, WB and Kerala have decided to stop NPR. This is going to land up in the courts pretty soon. Theek hai.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Why am I not surprised with WB and Kerala :lol:

Land of great thinkers!
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Also, under the Citizenship Act, for those born after 1987, at least one parent must be born in India, and must be a citizen.
Surely one can still become a Naturalized citizen without that? I think OCI law specifie(d) that an OCI who stays in India over ONE year (no 5 or 10 or 11 year) and applies for conversion to Indian citizen can be naturalized citizen. Isn't that still true?
(Pls don't ban me. READ a law b4 fa*ting on it? Are we still talking about modern desh Intelligentsia, hain?) :shock:
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Rakesh wrote:Why am I not surprised with WB and Kerala :lol:
Land of great thinkers!
Not much choice, hain? Answering dishonestly will land one in jail for perjury. Answering honestly will land one in jail for getting voter's card via Aadhar illegally. Also topple the govt. :((

I DO hope they are building those Internment Camps in Arunachal, with the parade ground facing in the proper direction for exercise 5 times a din.
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

hanumadu wrote:Through out the first term, people were complaining that Modi was Vajpayee 2.0. What is he doing for Hindus? Hindus did not vote for him to do nothing, I am not going to vote for him again.

In his second term he has set such a scorching pace, people sitting in their sofas are unable to handle it.
Hear hear !! Wallah kya baat kahii. Some of those posters of the 'what has Modi done for Hindus onlee' ilk are not here anymore but a few still are...If he had done even one of these things in the first term, his development (Whatever he did/tried to do) would have been derailed. The second innings is like nothing in the history of independent India, no precedent for it.

And I have feeling there will be more to come...it wont end with CAA/CAB/whatever. The things done in the second innings could have been steered only by Amit Shah at the helm as the grah mantri. No wonder Modi had to wait. Of those who are worried (not talking about BRF posters here) about the scale of violence on the streets (IMHO it is not that high....it is a few thousand to tens of thousands out of 100+ million who can protest) one only needs to consider whether the scale of violence would reduce or increase if similar actions by GOI are taken 30 years hence. But logic does not work with some people...nevertheless one can only try, and stay on the message.
Added later: I am even more convinced now that Ahmed Patel read Modi correctly (and may have unleashed the Godhra train tragedy in his first month as CM of Gujarat).
Last edited by SriKumar on 21 Dec 2019 22:18, edited 1 time in total.
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

One liberal student had posted on either FB or Twitter on how during CAA/NRC protests in BLR, where Sec 144 is imposed, women protesters formed a chain around men to protect them against police action. Since women cannot be arrested after dusk & before dawn (& men can...never understood this law), the protesters took advantage of this law and formed a ring around men. If police try to make their way through the chain, they will cry police brutality & post selective frames of the videos in sympathetic media forums.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Women need not be arrested, but that doesn't mean police can't break chain no?
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

What are women police for? They can break the chain while the male police took care of the cowards hiding behind women.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/firstpost/status/12 ... ]Firstpost @firstpost

#CAA_NRC_Protests | For almost a decade now, #ShivSena's belligerent Hindutva utterances have been treated as "just politics" by Mumbai's politically-active #Muslims. Unlike #BJP, Sena is not seen as anti-minority at its core, writes @jyotipunwani[/quote]Very tactical ...

https://twitter.com/rahulroushan/status ... 4350146561
Rahul Roushan @rahulroushan
If reciting Faiz's poetry makes Islamists revolutionary, Delhi police should chant "Ishwar Allah Tero Naam" and lathicharge the protestors. That should be seen as Gandhian action.
This is how the narrative is take apart brick by brick

https://twitter.com/PatrioticVirtue/sta ... 2646843392
संदीप कुमार सिंह @PatrioticVirtue

Over 1,000 academicians release statement supporting the Citizenship Amendment Act @SunilAmbekarM @shriniwas_hr @swadesh171 @AmitShah @PMOIndia @TajinderBagga @KanchanGupta @AswiniJNU @Abhina_Prakash @AshishSainram @vinay1011 @amitmalviya

https://indiatoday.in/india/story/over- ... 2019-12-21 via @indiatoday
https://twitter.com/Shatrughnakate/stat ... 7529854977
Shatrughna Kate @Shatrughnakate

47 shops of rioters sealed by Yogi Govt

UP police sent notice of Rs.1.25 lacs to rioters..In event of failing to deposit money their properties will be auctioned.
#YogiRoxx #CAA_NRC_Protests
A good start ..

https://twitter.com/SinghkingYuvraj/sta ... 0133655552
Yuvraj Singh @SinghkingYuvraj
Replying to @rahulroushan

These people reject Vande Mataram despite it's long association with the Indian Freedom movement but now want us to digest iconoclastic poems because it is connected to some rebelion in Islamic Pakistan which most of India has never heard of. Waah.
Brick by brick ...

https://twitter.com/SlyandSulk/status/1 ... 8779150337
ડોન ભાઈ ડ્રેપર (અમદાવાદવાળા) @SlyandSulk

People who have problem with Hanuman sticker on vehicles are lecturing why we shouldn't take offense when a poem that talks about overthrowing non Islamic faith, getting chanted during 'protests'.
Brick by brick ... by ordinary voices

https://twitter.com/rahulroushan/status ... 3391151105
Rahul Roushan @rahulroushan

Hum Vande Mataram na bolein, Hanuman sticker na lagaayein, Tilak na lagaayein, Janeu na pahne, Durga Puja procession na nikaalein to respect other's sentiments while they will chant "bas naam rahega Allah ka" just because it was written by Faiz.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Ok .. this was the Butt hurt exchange ...

https://twitter.com/swati_gs/status/1208244364364763136

A faculty at IIT Kanpur has submitted this video and a complaint to director, alleging anti-India & communal statements made at a recent event held in 'solidarity with Jamia' & that event held without permission.

"When All Idols Will Be Removed...
Only Allah’s Name Will Remain"
https://twitter.com/BDUTT/status/1208306415011430400
barkha dutt
@BDUTT
Omg please don't display your utter and total cultural illiteracy. That's Hum Dekhenge by Faiz Ahmed Faiz, sang to protest the military dictators in Pakistan, among others by Iqbal Bano to defy Zia. And if your problem is Faiz is Pakistani, get rid of Saare Jahan se Acha also
Butt bibi was mighty bissed with Swati ...

https://twitter.com/swati_gs/status/1208316458138095617

1. My copy mentions Faiz but you are free to display your ignorance

2. My problem is not that Faiz is a Pakistani. It's that you @BDUTT
have a long history of justifying Jihad by spinning a context.
"Headmaster's son..."
"Islam ke liye ya Kashmir ke liye?"
"Jamia Sheroes"
No one is spared these days .. SM can be very brutal.

https://twitter.com/iMac_too/status/1208335851970711552
iMac_too @iMac_too

Absconding Parbhani corporator of @Pawarspeaks party Ali Khan is booked for #CAA violence