Second Agni-III test-2

Willy
BRFite

Post by Willy »

Well the Agni illustration on BR was plastered all over the news on NDTV yesterday. Also todays Times of India carries an illustration on PAGE 10 which seems to have been lifted of the same illustration. :twisted:
chandel_alok
BRFite -Trainee

Post by chandel_alok »

is it just me ... or are all jingos allowed to get ahead of themselves and salivate on the next versions of A-3.. :D.... (model again based on Arun Sir's magnificent line drawings)...

and the sickest paint-scheme for A-3++ and A-3SL (planning to send chills down LGM-118 :D)

cheers

Alok
Last edited by chandel_alok on 13 Apr 2007 10:27, edited 1 time in total.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Arun_S, how accurate is the steeply rising curve on your range-vs-payload
in the region of 400-500kg ?

I mean thats serious ICBM territory albeit with only one sdre warhead, not
the big 3MIRV payload that 3-stage ICBMs of a similar size cart around (Topol-M, Minuteman etc).

the 3000km circle most newspapers are printing make no sense coz its
with a obese 1.5T payload and we havent publicly tested MIRV bus yet.

I think friendly journos like VSom should be requested to clarify the vast
amt of confusion in public mind by using materials from your R&D piece.
nothing like boosting the national morale by spreading peace n love to NYC

:twisted:
Tilak
BRFite

Post by Tilak »

chandel_alok wrote:is it just me ... or are all jingos allowed to get ahead of themselves and salivate on the next versions of A-3.. :D.... (model again based on Arun Sir's magnificent line drawings)...
Alok
Alok,

Do you post at DA ? your work looks pro.. :shock: :eek: . What's the render time like ?

Please carry on ..

Arun_S, excellent job with the line drawing's and all the other minutiae .. As always.. 8)

:Added later: :Images removed:

Alok, Thanks for the Info.
Last edited by Tilak on 13 Apr 2007 09:53, edited 1 time in total.
Ananth
BRFite

Post by Ananth »

thammu wrote:Plea for moderation of views!!!

<a href="http://www.indianexpress.com/story/28216.html">Long
range over China</a>
The writer is a professor at the Rajaratnam School of International Studies, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
When did CRM jump the boat?? No wonder he sensed his uselessness is Delhi and made a right decision.
Ananth
BRFite

Post by Ananth »

chandel_alok wrote:is it just me ... or are all jingos allowed to get ahead of themselves and salivate on the next versions of A-3.. :D.... (model again based on Arun Sir's magnificent line drawings)...
Alok those are pretty slick renderings you got there. Given your pretty quick turnaround can you illuminate us regarding the software you are using??
Arun_S
BRF Oldie

Post by Arun_S »

Singha wrote:Arun_S, how accurate is the steeply rising curve on your range-vs-payload in the region of 400-500kg ?

I mean thats serious ICBM territory albeit with only one sdre warhead, not
the big 3MIRV payload that 3-stage ICBMs of a similar size cart around (Topol-M, Minuteman etc).
As accurate as Newton's third law of mothion and the value of G (9.81m/sec^2, the Acceleration due to Gravity) ;) Its just the way Physics works, the same way Chinese and French ICBM's work.

Singha wrote: The 3000km circle most newspapers are printing make no sense coz its with a obese 1.5T payload and we havent publicly tested MIRV bus yet.

I think friendly journos like VSom should be requested to clarify the vast
amt of confusion in public mind by using materials from your R&D piece.
nothing like boosting the national morale by spreading peace n love to NYC :twisted:
The dhimmi Editors dont understand physics even if Vishnu can be made to understand to sufficient level.
Arun_S
BRF Oldie

Post by Arun_S »

Willy wrote:Well the Agni illustration on BR was plastered all over the news on NDTV yesterday. Also todays Times of India carries an illustration on PAGE 10 which seems to have been lifted of the same illustration. :twisted:
Can you please cut it and scan it for me?
Thanks
-Arun
chandel_alok
BRFite -Trainee

Post by chandel_alok »

thanks Tilak n Ananth.. using 3DS Max v5.1...render times for 1920x1200 img ~ 10-15 mins... (no HDRI).. I'm a prod designer.. so kinda half pro..:) (dont wanna derail the thread... especially with Webmaster himself overlooking this thread..:D)
pradeepe
BRFite
Location: Our culture is different and we cannot live together - who said that?

Post by pradeepe »

Real cool Chandel.
Arun_S
BRF Oldie

Post by Arun_S »

and the sickest pain-scheme for A-3++ and A-3SL (planning to send chills down LGM-118 :D)

cheers

Alok
Alok: Cool job.
I bought 3 D solid modeling software 5 months ago just for this purpose, but it been waiting installation since then. Result of juggling too many knives.

Yes, I am sure accurate dimensioning does help.

Thanks Dude. Can you help and work with me to make solid models for BR Missile and Space site?
chandel_alok
BRFite -Trainee

Post by chandel_alok »

Arun_S wrote: Alok: Cool job.
I bought 3 D solid modeling software 5 months ago just for this purpose, but it been waiting installation since then. Result of juggling too many knives.

Yes, I am sure accurate dimensioning does help.

Thanks Dude. Can you help and work with me to make solid models for BR Missile and Space site?
to say "I'll be honored" would be a a cliche..:) but sure!!... plz mail me at *****{ Admin note: I have you email id from your registration. -Arun S}
Sparsh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sparsh »

T Subramanian in the Hindu:
The series of successes in the last six months, including that of the Prithvi interceptor missile, the launch of Dhanush, the success of another strategic system and now the Agni III "signify that we are maturing in these difficult technologies," said Mr. Natarajan, who was present at the launch site.
What is he talking about over there? As its Subramanian writing this, the chance of a misquote or some other form of DDMism is pretty much zero. What else does DRDO have hidden under the rug? :)
Arun_S
BRF Oldie

Post by Arun_S »

Sparsh wrote:T Subramanian in the Hindu:
The series of successes in the last six months, including that of the Prithvi interceptor missile, the launch of Dhanush, the success of another strategic system and now the Agni III "signify that we are maturing in these difficult technologies," said Mr. Natarajan, who was present at the launch site.
What is he talking about over there? As its Subramanian writing this, the chance of a misquote or some other form of DDMism is pretty much zero. What else does DRDO have hidden under the rug? :)
I secretly thinking someone will catch that. Sagarika is doing very well thank you.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

but AK Antony in parliament has recently said there is no program called Sagarika!

so pray quite the mindgames here and I am tense enough already. is there a SLBM named Saagarika ? :D
Nagaraj P
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Nagaraj P »

Great Show!! Congratulations to hardworking scientists for making pakistani painter Mubarakmand eat his words for dinner. Can anybody clarify if AIII can be deployed undersea?
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Arun_S wrote: I secretly thinking someone will catch that. Sagarika is doing very well thank you.
Emm :)
Sparsh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sparsh »

Arun,

Subramanian further writes:
The entire sequence of the Agni III's flight was tracked by radars at the Integrated Test Range at Chandipur-on-sea near Balasore, Orissa; the Outer Wheeler Island, Dhamra on the coast of Orissa; Port Blair and ships stationed at impact points in the Bay of Bengal. "All reported data reception and from this we can conclude that the mission met all its requirements," said DRDO officials.
Something is black in the lentils onlee.

On a more serious note, I was half expecting Natarajan to be refering to something ATV related when he mentioned the "strategic system". But I will happily take the Sagarika instead.
Mihir
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Mihir »

Singha wrote:but AK Antony in parliament has recently said there is no program called Sagarika!

so pray quite the mindgames here and I am tense enough already. is there a SLBM named Saagarika ? :D
There already exists a program called "Garika", remember? I think it was speculated on BR that this was a warhead-less cruise mizzile. :D

Last edited by Mihir on 13 Apr 2007 11:22, edited 2 times in total.
vinayak_d
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vinayak_d »

Singha wrote:but AK Antony in parliament has recently said there is no program called Sagarika!

Ak Antony will say what needs to be said onleeeee. If he says no sagarika then no sagarika for poor SRDE... :lol: :lol:
venkat_r
BRFite

Post by venkat_r »

So when was this "system" tested? existance of the program is one and the successful testing of the system is another. Something went under the radar of BR!
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

So when was this "system" tested? existance of the program is one and the successful testing of the system is another. Something went under the radar of BR!
No, it did not go under the radar. They were called "nishanth" and "Lakshyas". Darn those little buggers!!! DRDO needs zillions of tests to perfect these complex systems, unlike er, "strategic systems" :D !!

On a related topic, what is this "waiting for Surya" at mid-noon by both media and some forumers? :shock:
Arun_S
BRF Oldie

Post by Arun_S »

What to do? It is the nature of Yindoo to be deciteful and pussy footing. They just debate, make high sounding temples and build myths. We SRDE onlee like this:
http://www.drdo.org/pub/techfocus/aug04/missile13.htm

Never speak Truth, or face Truth face on.

Advertisement Dept onleee: "Satyam Eve Jayate" Please dont take seriously. We only dhotiwalla, not to be trusted.
chandel_alok
BRFite -Trainee

Post by chandel_alok »

Arun, please check mail.
vina
BRF Oldie
Location: Doing Nijikaran, Udharikaran and Baazarikaran to Commies and Assorted Leftists

Post by vina »

venkat_r wrote:So when was this "system" tested? existance of the program is one and the successful testing of the system is another. Something went under the radar of BR!
Let me speculate.. It must be the Submarine Nook "Austin" Power plant that was rumored to be under testing at Kalpakkam.. A shrunk version of that in a cylinder /tube of dimensions similar to that of engine room and machinery spaces of the ATV, must have been run exhaustively in conditions that represent the full operating profile (running low,high power , full power , spool up to max power.. etc.. etc..etc..) and must have passed all tests with flying covers, meaning.. the "kaveri" like bottleneck for the ATV is overcome finally .. and hence you have SDRE line and solid model drawings from some "mijjile" fixated dudes.. Think.. Why would anyone sanction a more "complex" mijjile of the "fat/phat" submarine launched style.. when you already have a long thing starving style dude ? .. Me thinks because the "other strategic" project is going to take to water soon. .. it needs mijjiles.. so presto.. Agni III gives darshan.. That is all..
mandrake
BRFite

Post by mandrake »

A weird article on SLBM,

IS SAGRIKA {SLBM} EVER TESTED

well this report says yes

India appears to be developing a more advanced sea-based nuclear strike capability
in the form of the Sagarika (‘Oceanic’) SLBM, which has sometimes been reported as
being an sea-launched cruise missile (SLCM).19 According to the US Defense Intelligence
Agency, India flight-tested an SLBM for the first time in the spring of 2005.20Some press reports suggest that India may intend to deploy nuclear-armed missiles on
the Advanced Technology Vessel, a much-delayed nuclear-powered submarine project
that began in 1983.21

http://www.sipri.org/contents/expcon/India.pdf
Arun_S
BRF Oldie

Post by Arun_S »

Lets get back to join the party and thread back to Agni-III :twisted:
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Agni III test sends Indonesia jet home: Report
The Garuda Indonesia jet, full of Muslim pilgrims bound for Saudi Arabia, had reached Indian airspace when the nuclear-capable ballistic missile Agni III streaked across the sky on Thursday, forcing the plane to turn around.
SamP
BRFite -Trainee

Post by SamP »

I wonder if a NOTAM was issued prior to the test and if it the Garuda ops people read them.

Edited: spelling
Last edited by SamP on 13 Apr 2007 12:31, edited 1 time in total.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

ATC knewn about it , so they might have warned them.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

krishnan wrote:Agni III test sends Indonesia jet home: Report
The Garuda Indonesia jet, full of Muslim pilgrims bound for Saudi Arabia, had reached Indian airspace when the nuclear-capable ballistic missile Agni III streaked across the sky on Thursday, forcing the plane to turn around.
Sounds quite strange coincidence indeed , Perhaps the ATC realised that late and when the jet reached the indian airspace , she was kindly told to turn around .
SamP
BRFite -Trainee

Post by SamP »

missile Agni III streaked across the sky on Thursday, forcing the plane to turn around.
It sounds like the missile streaking across was a surprise...

I suppose they ought to have been warned before taking off. :eek:
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Austin wrote:
Sounds quite strange coincidence indeed , Perhaps the ATC realized that late and when the jet reached the indian airspace , she was kindly told to turn around .
Seems like the pilots saw the missile , and got scared , so turned around and headed back home
MN Kumar
BRFite

Post by MN Kumar »

They complain of no prior information. More form the above article:
Friday, 13 April , 2007, 11:56

Jakarta: The test fire of Agni III missile by India on Thursday has threatened to erupt into a diplomatic spat after an Indonesian airliner packed with passengers was forced to turn around and head home, a report said on Friday.

The Kompas newspaper quoted the Indonesian carrier’s operations director, Ari Sapari as saying that there was no prior information about the test.

Indonesia can lodge a formal protest through its foreign ministry over the incident, Transport Minister Hatta Rajasa reportedly said

The Boeing 747 jet carrying 400 people aborted its flight after 90 minutes and returned to the Indonesian capital Jakarta, the report said.

"This clearly disrupted our schedule and caused us big losses," Sapari was quoted as saying. The plane resumed its journey four hours later.

The jet's exact location relative to the missile, which trailed orange and yellow smoke as it rocketed skyward, was unspecified in the report.
Johann
BRF Oldie

Post by Johann »

Arun,

Your work on the missiles is what makes BR *really* special. I've said it before and I will say it again- some of the best open source analysis I've seen. Cheers.

p.s. I think you are right about Agni 3+ test following not that long from now. Given this extremely flexible missile's throw weight, and the needs of deterrence, MIRVing is the natural progression.
vishal
BRFite

Post by vishal »

You simplyhave to hand it to the guys at 'The Register'

India tests intermediate-range missile
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/04/12 ... _iii_test/

Excerpt: The Indian government claims it has significantly increased its nuclear delivery capability, with a successful test today of the uprated Agni-III ballistic missile.
::
Under US pressure, New Delhi actually announced it was cancelling Agni in 1995. At that time India was unwilling to publicly admit that it had aspirations toward nuclear weapons, and the Agni rockets made little sense without atomic warheads.

Time's moved on and subsequent generations of New Delhi politicians were avowedly pro-nuclear. Successful atom-bomb tests were carried out, and the Agni missile programme moved forward.
However, purely in terms of weapons technology, a nuclear-tipped Agni-III isn't quite top-table stuff. The permanent five all deploy the gold standard of atomic deterrents: triple-stage intercontinental rockets ranging beyond 5,000km, launched from invulnerable nuclear-propelled submarines.

That said, Indians might point out that the UK has no indigenous rocket industry of its own and has to buy its missiles from America. British chauvinists would no doubt counter by pointing out that India hasn't yet built nuclear submarines, arguably an equally complex technology. However, some reports indicate that India might have home-grown nuclear boats at sea as soon as 2010.
None of that will dampen a certain sense of satisfaction in New Delhi today.
:)
You bet it won't!!!
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

anyone care to guess why the Garika GLCM tube seems to taper down in
diameter from the head to tail in 3 segments ? if the lowest part is a small
booster to clear the tube that drops away, what accounts for the condom shaped nature of the head ? is it to acco a ramjet cap that is blown away after a while....?

btw is it a jet engine or solid fuel ?

theories are welcome...
UPrabhu
BRFite

Post by UPrabhu »

Given the time it took for the plane to return to Jakarta, places the plane somewhere near andaman , could the pilot seen the re-entry?
krishnan wrote:
Austin wrote: Sounds quite strange coincidence indeed , Perhaps the ATC realized that late and when the jet reached the indian airspace , she was kindly told to turn around .
Seems like the pilots saw the missile , and got scared , so turned around and headed back home
Suppiah
BRF Oldie

Post by Suppiah »

MN Kumar wrote:They complain of no prior information. More form the above article:
Perhaps the prior intimation was in English. :lol:
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

AI flight from Singapore forced to return back to Singapore
What happened to NOTAM ?
The flight, scheduled to land at 11.05 am, was on its way here when defence officials advised the pilot to take a diversion for safety reasons in view of the Agni test.