Indian Air Force's IT needs

Ved
BRFite

Re: Indian Air Force's IT needs

Post by Ved »

I think the IAF is getting started in a big way to institute ERP in their terms, to encompass operational, maintenance and logistic areas. So far I think they have been using PCs as typewriters!
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

yes,<BR>IAF is using IT in a big way. A system developement(I guess more on line of HR system) was awarded to TCS in 1997 for 25 carore to its Delhi office, (executed from RK Puram).<BR>I guess IAF is still using a very inefficient systems for critical operetions, a 'smart' system to track down the 'real' reasons for Airplanes accidents.<P>The IA is using a big supply chain software to solve its logistic problem regarding different calibre of artillary weapons. <P>I would like army to use IT for all its non-critical operations such as postal, inventory control and other administrative work. This will help to cut down the big army's babu crowd, save money,make it more efficient and accurate and improove IA's head to tail ratio. <P>Thanks,<BR>rgds,<BR>fanne
Ved
BRFite

Post by Ved »

I hear the IAF set up a think tank called the Directorate of Concept Studies, and IT/IW is one of the areas they are looking at.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

In India any educated person on IT related info does not know what TCS stands for arouse suspicion...
Ved
BRFite

Post by Ved »

"My point is that there is no point spending a lot of money on IT without the capacity to buy anything/ stock anything."<P> Absolutely true... in fact, overhauling procurement processes is a major thrust area for the integrated Services-Ministry-Industry Task Force on IT.