Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Military

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
D Roy
BRFite

Re: Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Military

Post by D Roy »

Easy. You were thinking about the sexy lines of the next FGFA rendering that you plan to unleash upon us...

Maybe thoughts of Rambha also crept in now and then.
joygoswami
BRFite

Post by joygoswami »

Some Pics

Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

XM8? :-? That should mean that the soldier is from Parachute Regiment. I wonder from which joint ex with US SF does that pic come from. This is very interesting because XM8 program was cancelled in 2005.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Last pic is interesting where our guy with the RPG is standing with a soldier from some unidentified country... UN Op in Africa somewhere, or is that chap in Myanmar...

Light blue cap in left hand suggests UN op...
abhinavjo
BRFite -Trainee

Post by abhinavjo »

Gaur wrote:XM8? :-? That should mean that the soldier is from Parachute Regiment. I wonder from which joint ex with US SF does that pic come from. This is very interesting because XM8 program was cancelled in 2005.
Why is he wearing a US Army helmet?
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

^^
Same reason why he is using XM8. To try out US gear and equipment. Like in Yudh Abyas 2010, everything from weapons, equipment to BPJs worn by IA Para soldiers were of US SF.
aditya.agd
BRFite

Post by aditya.agd »

can we also show some pictures of the accomodations of our jawans ? It will be interesting to see the quality of their life while they are on duty.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

aditya.agd wrote:can we also show some pictures of the accomodations of our jawans ? It will be interesting to see the quality of their life while they are on duty.
er quality of life==quality of accommodation?
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

aditya.agd wrote:can we also show some pictures of the accomodations of our jawans ? It will be interesting to see the quality of their life while they are on duty.
I am sure that you are not talking about the residential flats in peace postings. So, assuming that you are talking about unit barracks and forward area posts, they have been shown innumerable times in various programs posted in Multimedia thread. From bunkers, snow shelters to even igloos, there is huge amount of footage available. Just start watching any Army related program in Multimedia thread. Surely video footage is much better than a still photograph. :-)
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

shiv wrote:
Of course sir.. A soldier is much more alert and efficient if he can rest peacefully. So having a "proper" accommodation facilities directly impacts the quality of their life.
JMO.
aditya.agd
BRFite

Post by aditya.agd »

seniors appear to be very cynic on this forum. I believe these forums are only marked for 'experts'

Anyway, i meant quality of accomodation of while they are posted on borders.

Please do not reply if you want to show-off your oldie status.
sevoke
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sevoke »

Dhoni and Bindra looking smart and genuinely happy. Thank's Army for not conferring the rank on some gay Bollywood ch00I-*Ya.

http://www.thehindu.com/sport/other-spo ... epage=true
anjan
BRFite

Post by anjan »

shiv wrote:
This is OT but it is a really big deal. Even the number and type of family accommodations in peace stations(a desperate shortfall) matters. SF acco. too gets competitive and is a headache.
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

aditya.agd wrote: Anyway, i meant quality of accomodation of while they are posted on borders.
You can watch Rocky & Mayur series. Also, Amir Khan's Jai Jawan episode shows many forward posts.
joygoswami
BRFite

Post by joygoswami »

Some pics 2

rajeshks
BRFite

Post by rajeshks »

anjan wrote:
shiv wrote: er quality of life==quality of accommodation?
This is OT but it is a really big deal. Even the number and type of family accommodations in peace stations(a desperate shortfall) matters. SF acco. too gets competitive and is a headache.
I have seen the peace station accomodations for both officers and jawans..
1. vistied my classmate's father once when he was commanding a unit of madras regiment. life was king size..
2. been to the official residences of few of my friends in chennai and it was average government accomodation.
3. been to the family accomodation given to a relative who was a jawan/nco. this was in Pune and the flat was new and good. i dont take it as standard bcoz he was the company commander's driver.

having said that I would like to point out something related.. behind every successful officer there is a woman who is ready to adjust and sacrifice many things.. i have a batchmate who was working in US, she returned to India, got married to a captain and moved to a remote place in Kashmir where he was posted with BRO. everything happened in a very short time span.. i have seen the photos of their accomodation.. she never complained, adjusted with it though in the immediate past she was used to high standard of living in US.. few years later she started working again but the guy was suddenly transferred to UP and it was a prestigious posting.. that particular establishment is in allahabad, bhopal and bangalore.. so i asked him why dont you 'opt' for bangalore due to obvious advantages.. his reply was "there is nothing like 'option' in army".. that says all and the lady quit her job went with him.. quality of accomodation is a small thing compared to the other compromises they make..

i wish to see all the officers getting atleast what an entry level IAS/IPS guy is getting..
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

anjan wrote:

Oh of course it is a big deal. But that was not the question. Please read again. Quality of life is not accommodation alone, but working conditions as well. You can have the best accommodation in the universe but if you can't get back there for weeks at a time because you are camped out somewhere in the wilds, no bath, no hot food, where does your "quality of life" come in from the accommodation? How does accommodation=="quality of life"? That was my question.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

I agree accomodation NOT EQ quality of life. There are many parameters and accomodation is one of them. Having good food, good communication with family, ease of reaching hometown, being able to ensure well being of family , good recreation etc are some of the parameters. However in forward locations good accomodation would consititute a major component of ensuring a better quality of life.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

manjgu wrote:I agree accomodation NOT EQ quality of life.
Precisely my point. I am afraid that someone will show a photo of a US GI using a foam mattress, TV, WiFi with an iPad and then compare it with a photo of a Spartan Indian soldiers' accommodation with, cotton mattress, bare lightbulb, cellphone doubling up as radio and say how can soldiers fight if they are not able to live the way the US GI does. The US ensures that "quality of life" is so much better for its soldiers.
Bala Vignesh wrote:
Of course sir.. A soldier is much more alert and efficient if he can rest peacefully. So having a "proper" accommodation facilities directly impacts the quality of their life.
JMO.
My reply here
http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 8#p1188008
soutikghosh
BRFite

Post by soutikghosh »

More of MRAPs

Nick_S
BRFite

Post by Nick_S »

INS Mysore in Cape Town - Sept 2010

Shalav
BRFite

Post by Shalav »

Ati Sundar!

I just love the sweep of the P15's. A lot of the Soveremnny influence shows through, and this fusion of Russian and Indian design ideas is simply magnificent. The bow's riding a little high, probably ballasted for speed here.
Kersi D
BRFite

Post by Kersi D »

rajeshks wrote:

I have seen the peace station accomodations for both officers and jawans..
1. vistied my classmate's father once when he was commanding a unit of madras regiment. life was king size..
2. been to the official residences of few of my friends in chennai and it was average government accomodation.
3. been to the family accomodation given to a relative who was a jawan/nco. this was in Pune and the flat was new and good. i dont take it as standard bcoz he was the company commander's driver.

having said that I would like to point out something related.. behind every successful officer there is a woman who is ready to adjust and sacrifice many things.. i have a batchmate who was working in US, she returned to India, got married to a captain and moved to a remote place in Kashmir where he was posted with BRO. everything happened in a very short time span.. i have seen the photos of their accomodation.. she never complained, adjusted with it though in the immediate past she was used to high standard of living in US.. few years later she started working again but the guy was suddenly transferred to UP and it was a prestigious posting.. that particular establishment is in allahabad, bhopal and bangalore.. so i asked him why dont you 'opt' for bangalore due to obvious advantages.. his reply was "there is nothing like 'option' in army".. that says all and the lady quit her job went with him.. quality of accomodation is a small thing compared to the other compromises they make..

i wish to see all the officers getting atleast what an entry level IAS/IPS guy is getting..
Unfortunately we citizens do not appreciate it.

Also our "free" press hardly ever carry such stories. Either they are after some Bollywood baby's bum on b#@$bs or they are busy counting how many MiG 22 / 24 / 26 aircraft of IAF have crashes in the past 13.765363 years

Kersi
anjan
BRFite

Post by anjan »

rajeshks wrote: I have seen the peace station accomodations for both officers and jawans..

Reply here: http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 5#p1190585
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

Shalav wrote: The bow's riding a little high, probably ballasted for speed here.
Interesting observation, you say so because one can see the black paint ? Just curious.

Btw iirc TSarkar had made an interesting point about the high Bow layout for all ships since the R class i.e. they are perfectly suited for the rough waters on our eastern side; looks like this design aspect is being continued.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Can one really say in a still image as to whether the bow is riding high? It could just be a momentary rise caught on camera as the ship crosses a swell.
dinakar
BRFite

Post by dinakar »

Naval Excercise at Caybyn's cove beach - Port Blair
abhinavjo
BRFite -Trainee

Post by abhinavjo »

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/266/gorkha.jpg/

why is this fine Gorkha chap wearing 2 cap badges?
tsarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by tsarkar »

After the austere 90's passed and IN budgetary allocations improved, the INS Delhi, Kora and Aditya made a visit to China, Korea and Japan. This was the first IN ship visiting China after 40 odd years and the Chinese released a postage stamp and first day cover featuring INS Delhi to mark the occasion. I must say they do the bhai-bhai stuff with panache. We still havent learnt good public relations.

The squadron was hit by a typhoon on the way. Indians being Indians bashed on regardless. When the ships ran out of fuel trying to make headway in the typhoon, the ships performed underway replenishment. The band played to keep the morale up during the operation.

When the ships finally reached, the Chinese and Koreans were dumb stuck. They had expected us to shelter in a port somewhere during the storm and turn up later. As per them, no one ventured out in a typhoon and we were crazy.

Anyways, citing this incident to highlight the seaworthiness of Indian design and build.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

underway replenishment in typhoon conditions? speaks a lot for the bravery of the crews too!
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Lalmohan wrote:underway replenishment in typhoon conditions? speaks a lot for the bravery of the crews too!
Not just bravery of the crew but also their mastery of the art. I don't think even the uber TFTA USN has tried that.
tsarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by tsarkar »

During a relative lull, but in atrocious conditions none the less. One chap broke his arms and there were some bruises, but the rest were in a fine fettle. The band kept playing and raising the morale.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

tsarkar ji, I remember reading an assessment in IISS mil balance that delhi class is likely to have wet decks even in relatively calm waters. is this true ?
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

tsarkar wrote:After the austere 90's passed and IN budgetary allocations improved, the INS Delhi, Kora and Aditya made a visit to China, Korea and Japan. This was the first IN ship visiting China after 40 odd years and the Chinese released a postage stamp and first day cover featuring INS Delhi to mark the occasion. I must say they do the bhai-bhai stuff with panache. We still havent learnt good public relations.

The squadron was hit by a typhoon on the way. Indians being Indians bashed on regardless. When the ships ran out of fuel trying to make headway in the typhoon, the ships performed underway replenishment. The band played to keep the morale up during the operation.

When the ships finally reached, the Chinese and Koreans were dumb stuck. They had expected us to shelter in a port somewhere during the storm and turn up later. As per them, no one ventured out in a typhoon and we were crazy.

Anyways, citing this incident to highlight the seaworthiness of Indian design and build.
Somewhere I have an image of INS Kora going through the typhoon.
tsarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by tsarkar »

Rahul, the assessment is incorrect. On what basis have they made that assessment? If you could share the details, we could re-assess it.
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

Vayusena Canberra on finals for Agra, 1999.

tsarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by tsarkar »

I hope pictures of waves breaking over the bow is not constructed as poor seakeeping, it is a normal occurance -
SDRE Ships
http://indiannavy.nic.in/images/DELHI%2004.jpg
http://indiannavy.nic.in/images/btr02.jpg
TFTA ships
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... _74%29.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... an_Sea.jpg
http://www.militarywallpaper.net/wallpa ... navy24.jpg

Not related to the discussion, but here's a good picture of the Dhruv that I found while searching for above http://nausena-bharti.nic.in/images/gal ... /pic12.jpg
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

@ tsarkar, it was a pic like the one of INS Delhi above, might even be the same one.
Sid
BRFite

Post by Sid »

tsarkar wrote:--------------

Well that's a news to me. There was a different version of event reported in DDM.

As per DDM it was Chinese who refused docking of IN ship and poor fellas were forced to stay in high sea. Later on when PLAN visited India under similar instance (i.e. during rough weather) IN allowed them to dock, we being the good guys.

I will post a link of this.
joygoswami
BRFite

Post by joygoswami »

Some nice pics of Rambha, if not posted before. Its from Waddington 2007, Ex-Indradhanush.