Blasts in Ahmedabad

amdavadi
BRFite

Re: Blasts in Ahmedabad

Post by amdavadi »

I dont think CPIM can afford this, blast going off in BJP rule state doesnt help anyone except pakis.. Since we have election around the corner and NDA most likely will come in power. they want to spread fear..

I would totally Agree with what JS ji said. We cant stop our ways of life. I say let pakis paid in kind, mushy is almost gone this is all assfu** kiyani doing, as NATO is breating on his beloved abdul in FATA he has to find way to keep them happy & lower the presure
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Shivraj Patil is introducing politics and has started the blame game.
John Snow
BRFite

Post by John Snow »

Boss log let us be practical, suppose I were to be neta I could not careless if any bombs go off and people are killed. Are my assets safe, Is my near and dear safe? If yes do nothing in which there is no direct benefit. If not how do I use this to hget elected again or see the defeat of my political enemy. Read the book Sacred Games vikram Chandra, I will think exactly like Arun Gaitonde!
After all, as one Intelligence officer says on his deathbed, "The game lasts, the game is eternal, the game cannot be stopped, the game gives birth to itself."

The central game, the core storyline of Sacred Games, is set in Mumbai (formerly Bombay) and unfolds with our introduction to detective Sartaj Singh, alternately cynical and romantic, past forty, divorced and world-weary. Moreover, because “Justice had sometimes to be manipulated into being properly blind,” he is resigned but still ambivalent to the system of institutionalized bribery and police brutality.

With such pragmatism — or rationalization — in tow, Sartaj gets an anonymous tip that leads to the hide-out of the notorious underworld gangster Ganesh Gaitonde, a Hindu Bhai who "dallied with bejeweled starlets, bankrolled politicians" and whose "daily skim from Bombay's various criminal dhandas was said to be greater than annual corporate incomes."

Gaitonde's rise within organized crime — his arms dealing, infiltration of Bollywood and relationship with a movie star, his confrontations with his Muslim rival and associaton with a crafty guru bent on an apocalyptic calling — all serve a larger purpose.

In addition to his bunker-mate’s feasible connection to “rabid extremists promising annihilation,” such undertakings also leave a trail that points to Gaitonde’s knowing, or unwitting, involvement with terrorist activity and big-scale bombing plans.

As Sartaj is pulled further into Indian Intelligence investigations of a portending disaster “that didn‘t announce itself and act in predictable ways,”

ps: sridhar garu I was typing my post and you beat me with shivraj patils twist
Last edited by John Snow on 26 Jul 2008 21:05, edited 1 time in total.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

SSridhar wrote:Shivraj Patil is introducing politics and has started the blame game.
Shhh! Don't say that. We are a secular country.
JwalaMukhi
BRFite

Post by JwalaMukhi »

The line of thinking about CPIM should be pursued, just because as it is the practice in academic rigor that for sake of completeness that line of inquiry was also explored. However, IMVHO the CPIM if it wanted to prevent desperately the confidence motion, could have more easily raised Rs.20000000000 crores or more and buy the votes in the parliament, than trying to trigger blasts after the fact.
Last edited by JwalaMukhi on 26 Jul 2008 21:08, edited 1 time in total.
vsudhir
BRF Oldie

Post by vsudhir »

shiv wrote:
SSridhar wrote:Shivraj Patil is introducing politics and has started the blame game.
Shhh! Don't say that. We are a secular country.
Huh?

So secular countries don't have politics?

Shivraj Patil 's bronze bust as India's best home mantri shall find pride of place in parliament. Whether Indian parliament or a neighboring one, is the Rs 64 crore question.
amdavadi
BRFite

Post by amdavadi »

shivraj patil is a joke. What a moron, He is a home minister? He is already talking about tu tu mein mein, life in India goes on while innocent Indian dies. Where else in world you can have serial blast in two major cities, and Home minister comes out with moronic statement.

Now we have news channels, talking about possibilities of communal riots. Now we have B Raman talking about BJP rule state being targaterd, rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh better be prepare.
Tamang
BRFite

Post by Tamang »

17 Blasts, 15 dead.....
a_kumar
BRFite

Post by a_kumar »

Any bets on what next reaction is going to be? I vote for "express shock", "zero tolerance" and "appeal for calm". Not to diminish value of last, but that is all we will probably get.

btw.. Are there latest comments by Patil that folks are referring to, beyond his reaction on Bangalore?
March 07, 2006 Varanasi
Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has condemned the blasts and appealed for calm.

July 11, 2006 Mumbai Railways and stations
L. K. Advani, president of the opposition Bharatiya Janata Party, also expressed shock, while saying that the UPA Government was soft on terrorists.

Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was quick to call for calm in Mumbai. In a televised address, he said:

No-one can make India kneel. The wheels of our economy will move on. India will continue to walk tall, and with confidence. Mumbai, stands tall once again as the symbol of a united India. An inclusive India. We will win this war against terror. Nothing will break our resolve.

Sept 06, 2006 Mumbai Malegaon Blasts
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh condemned the blasts and appealed for calm.
Home Minister Shivraj Patil said the incident seemed designed to "divide the various sections of the public."
Congress party president Sonia Gandhi has called on Indians to maintain calm.

May 18, 2007 Hyderabad, Mecca Masjid blasts
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh condemned the attack and urged citizens "to maintain peace and communal harmony".

YS Rajashekhar Reddy, chief minister of Andhra Pradesh state, of which Hyderabad is capital, said the bombing was an act of "sabotage on the peace and tranquillity in the country".

Aug 25, 2007 Hyderabad Blasts

President Pratibha Patil, Vice President Hamid Ansari and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh condemned the Hyderabad blasts and expressed shock over the loss of innocent lives.[15]

May 13, 2008 Jaipur bombings
Manmohan Singh, pledged the Government of India's support to the state Government of Rajasthan and the victims' families.
The Prime Minister also said:
The terrorists have the advantage of attacking by stealth but there is no lack of firmness in dealing with this menace. All possible precautions are being taken. It would be premature on my part to comment anything as it will interfere with the investigations.

July 25, 2008 Bangalore
"Such incidents will not deter the government from pursuing its policy of dealing with terrorists in a resolute manner," Home Minister Shivraj Patil said.

July 26, 2008 Ahmedabad
????????

Last edited by a_kumar on 26 Jul 2008 21:54, edited 2 times in total.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Shivraj Patil is probably the worst Home Minister we ever had. He says that the Government is chalking out a plan that would be implemented ! Duh.
Raju

Post by Raju »

thanks for the list a_kumar.

So before the nuke deal it was Congress-ruled states. And after nuke deal it is BJP ruled states.
amdavadi
BRFite

Post by amdavadi »

NSG commandos are being send to ahmedabad. Did anyone maid connection with first blast going off in modi's area?
Vivek Sreenivasan
BRFite

Post by Vivek Sreenivasan »

My fellow Brfites, today should be taken as a warning in India, we are faced with mutilple enemies some originating within the state and others outside. Today it was 23 blasts acrosss two major metropolisis that have killed so far 16 people and injured more than 100. Tommorow it could be far far worse. Unlike John Snow i do think that COORDINATED STRIKES AT THE HEART of two major metropolises is a big deal. I mean what does it take to get the attention of John Snow, a Pakistani flag flying atop the Parliament?? The security situation in India has been deteroriating for a while now, have a look at the steady expansion of the Naxals. It is my belief that the greatest threat that India faces are internal security threats and not a big war with Pakistan or China.
Raju

Post by Raju »

Isn't BJP MP's that are threatening Amar Singh and Ahmed Patel with exposure in Cash-for-MP scam ? I think that's enough for the day.
amdavadi wrote:NSG commandos are being send to ahmedabad. Did anyone maid connection with first blast going off in modi's area?
Tamang
BRFite

Post by Tamang »

4 blasts were in hospitals where injured were being taken. :evil:
ashish raval
BRFite

Post by ashish raval »

GoI is a nautanki !! Soon we will see a central chai biscuit committee investigating the blast and its reasons. GoI is somehow only interested in sticking to its chair and can go at any length to appease whosoever it has to to stick to it. Anarcy and Chaos is the food for government to survive. It is a clear attempt to sabotage the two most economically active places in India and build on social tensions. I think we cannot allow any lapse for a second in the security apparatus in India. This guys are out there to destroy India's progress anyhow. India needs spies at every 100 meters to protect itself from whatever it is going through now.
Vivek Sreenivasan
BRFite

Post by Vivek Sreenivasan »

This shows a very high level of planning on part of the perpertrators, they are trying to tarnish the image of India and make it appear as though India is a dangerous country where there is no security. More than the damage caused i am actually more worried about the detailed planning that must have been carried out esp if the Bangalore and A'bad blasts are linked, this really worries me. This is not the work of some lunatic fringe, this is a deliberate act by very 'sane' men who have certain objectives. I put the word sane in quotation marks because i dont believe any really sane man will do these terrible deads but i think you get my meaning.
ShauryaT
BRF Oldie

Post by ShauryaT »

I have a strange observation/theory, totally unproven. Hindu population does not react to violence through bomb blasts. Is the hypothesis true?
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

The message is loud and clear...

>> To Indian voters: dont vote for BJP/hindu parties...

>> BJP govts: if you take action, you will be blamed as Hindu fanatics... if you dont take action you cannot blame others for not taking action...

>> Govt India: make sure riots dont brakeout... otherwise you will give pakistan a reason to escape...

What should be our strategy?

edited. advocating anti-muslim riots will attract instant ban in the future.please think before you post this type of hate-filled posts.
- BJP govts kills few hundred indian mujahidien in encounters... so we will have that many less ba$tards.. (i couldnt call them any animal names because it will be an insult to those creatures)
-Vote more BJP govts as defiance... and vote BJP into center...

What can BRites do towards this effort????
Last edited by Rahul M on 26 Jul 2008 22:17, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: part advocating riots has been edited out.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Hindus did not respond to anything in last 1000 years and I do not think they will respond to bomb blasts.
John Snow
BRFite

Post by John Snow »

The good thing is we already forgot Bangalore and on to Ahmedabad.
See one blast to another we just are blown away.
ShauryaT
BRF Oldie

Post by ShauryaT »

darshan wrote:Hindus did not respond to anything in last 1000 years and I do not think they will respond to bomb blasts.
A patent lie. Please do read the unrevised history of the nation.
John Snow
BRFite

Post by John Snow »

No roits in India please, do it in TSP or Bdesh.

Any more loss in India to any one is super duper dumb even if its BRF members idea.

Down with such ideas.
vishwakarmaa
BRFite

Post by vishwakarmaa »

Vivek Sreenivasan wrote:I would not so quickly condemn Manmohan Singh, the security situation in India is a nightmare it is acutually quite unbelievabe that there have been so few bomb attacks, considering the number of enemies that the state of India has. The security folks have a hard time tracking all the would be bombers. I mean if American with the most sophisticated Intelligence agency in the world could not stop 9/11 can we truly expect the CBI or CID to stop all terrorist attacks in India a nation of far greater population? This is not an excuse for the CID, they need to do a lot better, but lets have some perspective.
Its not time to have perspective and waste time on deciding "how we can prepare better for next blast". Its time to act.

Dear friend, its easy to give lectures on human rights from one's chair, but its difficult to act in self-interest and security like USA did in iraq and afghanistan.

Focus shouldn't be on screwing misguided Indian muslims. Thats what ISI wants us to do. ISI's new strategy is to transfer this terrorism war onto out territory, so hindu's take up fight against muslims within India.

Focus should be to hit the ISI on its home-ground and that is, Pakistan.

Lets not loose focus. Hit the terrorist "in their home". Fight with them "on their land". Thats what our strategy should be.

When the devil's house is broken, it will automatically stop the funding and supply lines coming from their home(pakistan) to them in india.

For every attack in India, make RAW 50 attacks on ISI.
Last edited by vishwakarmaa on 26 Jul 2008 22:09, edited 1 time in total.
R_Kumar
BRFite

Post by R_Kumar »

How many 9/11 like event happened after 9/11?
Vivek Sreenivasan wrote:I would not so quickly condemn Manmohan Singh, the security situation in India is a nightmare it is acutually quite unbelievabe that there have been so few bomb attacks, considering the number of enemies that the state of India has. The security folks have a hard time tracking all the would be bombers. I mean if American with the most sophisticated Intelligence agency in the world could not stop 9/11 can we truly expect the CBI or CID to stop all terrorist attacks in India a nation of far greater population? This is not an excuse for the CID, they need to do a lot better, but lets have some perspective.
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

The hospital blasts are clearly intended to start riots, by hitting straight at whatever restraint people feel. Same tactic as burning sleeping women and children to death in the locked S-6 sleeper coach.

I have the same feeling today that I had as I saw the news flashing on the screen about the attack on the Sabarmati Express: I pray that ppl in India DON'T FALL FOR THIS INHUMAN PROVOCATION. There is a time for retaliation, but only after thought and planning, not in a lash-out fury. . WE must be the ones that choose the time and place, not the enemy. I still say that the Commie role must be investigated.

Please look at what the anti-India entities in US, UK etc, have been doing for the past 2 months. I know there has been a spike in the activities of the FOSA, "NRI_SAHI", and surely the IMC Conference where they all came together and they gave the "Tippu Sultan" award to Angana Chatterji for her activities in Orissa and AP where they have managed to light the fires well and good.

Destablizing India is big and well-funded business, guys. They assume that people in India are too lazy to look beyond their noses, and hence can be manipulated like puppets on a string. Extremely predictable. Just look at this forum!
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

(missiles returned to launchers..)
Last edited by enqyoob on 26 Jul 2008 22:27, edited 2 times in total.
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

What exactly did Patil say? Am watching CNN-IBN now but all the dumb anchors are talking about are "blue ball bearings"
Last edited by Jaspreet on 26 Jul 2008 22:25, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Bad language
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

Deleted
Last edited by Mahendra on 26 Jul 2008 22:24, edited 2 times in total.
vishwakarmaa
BRFite

Post by vishwakarmaa »

John Snow wrote:No roits in India please, do it in TSP or Bdesh.

Any more loss in India to any one is super duper dumb even if its BRF members idea.

Down with such ideas.
Totally agree.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

RamaY wrote:The message is loud and clear...

>> To Indian voters: dont vote for BJP/hindu parties...

>> BJP govts: if you take action, you will be blamed as Hindu fanatics... if you dont take action you cannot blame others for not taking action...

>> Govt India: make sure riots dont brakeout... otherwise you will give pakistan a reason to escape...

What should be our strategy?

- start riots and scare the hell out of IMs.... atleast it will buy some short term peace (4-5 years)... anyway, india is blamed as a poort and intolerant society... what is there to lose?
- BJP govts kills few hundred indian mujahidien in encounters... so we will have that many less ba$tards.. (i couldnt call them any animal names because it will be an insult to those creatures)
-Vote more BJP govts as defiance... and vote BJP into center...

What can BRites do towards this effort????
What if GOI wants the riots to happen so that it can dismiss the BJP governments in KT, GUJ, MP and RJ. (This happened when Babri camedown). Once they achieve the dismissals, the Governers will do drastically Muslim friendly things viz. make all the SIMI folks as administrators under the Governer. Once Muslim polarization completes, then call elections to make them as non-BJP ruling states. (Karnataka government is most vulenarable to get dismissed)

If you connect the dots, Congress government for the past four years is trying to get back the lost base of Muslims to its fold. With SP part of it now this is more possible. In the NON-BJP parties and NON regionalist parties the fight is for the Muslim vote and they can go to any lenght to get this base. The Left parties tried to spin the Nuke deal as anti-muslim. There is a huge competition and no-holds are barred. Scew governance, scew nation are the current attitudes.

I see all over 80s and 90s style politics back in India.
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

CPIM expresses condolences, Musharraf to follow.
Blasts, a conspiracy to destabilise the nation: CPI-M
Press Trust Of India
BLASTS ROCK AHMEDABAD: CPI-M said the blasts were a "conspiracy" to destabilise the country and fuel communal disturbances.

New Delhi: The CPI-M on Saturday strongly condemned the serial blasts in Ahmedabad, saying there was a "conspiracy" to destabilise the country and fuel communal disturbances.

"Coming so soon after the blasts in Jaipur and Bangalore, it is clear that there is a conspiracy to destabilise the country and create communal disharmony," the party Politburo said here.

Expressing sympathies with those affected by the serial explosions, the party said it was "unfortunate that despite a series of such attacks, the government and the intelligence agencies are unable to crack down on those responsible for these heinous crimes."

Cabinet Minister-Textiles, Shankersinh Vaghela to CNN-IBN

“It is a very sad incident. All agencies should come together to avert these tragedies.”

He added, “We'll work together with Mr Narendra Modi and there will be no party politics on this issue.”

“Blasts took place in both Hindu and Muslim areas. We need to maintain calm,” he said.
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

narayanan wrote:
I have the same feeling today that I had as I saw the news flashing on the screen about the attack on the Sabarmati Express: I pray that ppl in India DON'T FALL FOR THIS INHUMAN PROVOCATION. There is a time for retaliation, but only after thought and planning, not in
Won't happen in Gujarat this time for sure.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

narayanan wrote: I still say that the Commie role must be investigated.
Well, the leftists are entrenched in the Congress too and would need to be investigated as well. Perhaps that explains why there are no attacks in Congress ruled states?
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Last edited by Muppalla on 26 Jul 2008 22:21, edited 1 time in total.
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

“Blasts took place in both Hindu and Muslim areas. We need to maintain calm,” he said.
Provocative statement in it's own right, thankfully he is textiles minister and not test**les minister
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

John Snow wrote:No roits in India please, do it in TSP or Bdesh.

Down with such ideas.
with sincere apologies for being harsh...

Snow garu: I understand your view point... but, do you really believe that we can subdue IM's by attacking pakistan and other places? the problem is very deep sir... talk to few IMs and you will know.. make them talk about islam.. say mohamed is a crazy ba$tard see the reaction...

the other day i was talking to a telugu-muslim (these village types are very peaceful and follow many hindu traditions) girl who is very open minded and she claims that everyone is a muslim by birth and is on the wrong path and it is a muslim's duty to convert them... the story is repeated ~150 million times in India :cry:

I am not suggesting killing innocents... but there should be a concerted reaction to this type of ghostly acts.... it cannot be achieved by laws, policing only.. this is a civilizational problem... and needs proper reeducation...

thanks...
amdavadi
BRFite

Post by amdavadi »

shivraj patil is a moron.This anchors & reports are also responsible for inciteing riots. They keep talking about communaly sensative area. I have grew up in ahmedabad, people live in harmony, except major riots after sabarmati express incident.

We need to take this war to heart of pakis & assFu** kiyani. He wants to bring fight to cities in india. Lets take the fight & hurt where kiyani's own feels the pain & his pious abdul knows India will take make him & his master pay for the crime.

GOI has left responsibilities of protecting of Indian citizen to God, while Pursuing Economy.. How on earth we keep talking about India on march or Nation on march, while we cant take care of national security?
Last edited by amdavadi on 26 Jul 2008 22:26, edited 1 time in total.
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

Status of police investigations: Or, why it is time to investigate more seriously.
The Shahid Bilal Angle
The HuJI operative has figured in at least 5 of the 8 cases. Cops in all the terror-hit states feel that Bilal -- who originally hails from Hyderabad -- will be the key person to divulge correct details regarding all these attacks.

However, while Pakistan claims he is dead, Indian intelligence says this is not true. Now, the Hyderabad police commissioner has confirmed that the HujI operative is dead. The officer is, however, basing his statements on the information received by the family. For the record -- the family has been maintaining since the past five months that Bilal was dead. The fact remains Bilal's name seems to crop up only when an act of terror is committed in this country.

Reportage: Vicky Nanjappa
Like Professor Moriarty..
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

LKA has refused to draw a conclusion from the fact that three BJP ruled states have been targeted. insists that it is a coincidence. not sure if he is being PC on TV.

17 blasts within 72 min of each other. 18 confirmed dead, more than hundred injured.