Terror Attacks on Mumbai-II

Jagan
Webmaster BR

Re: Terror Attacks on Mumbai-II

Post by Jagan »

a member made the following report
The two guys shown on CST station cctv cameras, have been reportedly killed near girgaum Chowpatty. After shooting on innocent passengers , these terrorist came out of CST station fired at crowd gathered outside capitol Cinema, moved towards Metro Cinema, where they apprently hijacked a police jeep, the footage of that jeep is shown on TV channels shooting at bystanders. The tyre of the jeep got flattened out, donot know how ? , they apparently hijacked a Skoda car and were moving towards western suburb when they were intercepted and shot at a Police check point near girgaum chowpatty.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Saik: The gist was they were pissed of at the reporters reporting from there. Could not make a lot, but that is what the reporter seem to convey.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

rachel, please post in the response thread. last and only warning. Dont become the only member to get banned in this thread.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

exactly why? pissed off at what report?
R_Kumar
BRFite

Post by R_Kumar »

R_Kumar wrote:Edited - NTTTR
edited
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Look at the maps of India in FOX News and CNN. Kashmir is totally gone. Not even shown as disrupted territory. No gray shades, gray lines, dotted lines, nothing Kashmir is simply gayab. The territory did not look to have been given to Pakistan either. Simply gone. A Separate state? Daal hee kala hain.
vsudhir
BRF Oldie

Post by vsudhir »

Recall that the Baki dead NLI men in Kargil actually carried their baki military IDs on their person. Always wondered why that was.

Of course, Izloo never took the bodies back even when offered and went on a denial spree that would've rivalled Burkha's daily pigheadedness.

Would not be surprised if these aholes in mumbai also have their mil IDs with them. The accent of the terroristsi clearly gave them away for pakjabis.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

ramana wrote:Barbara Starr was on CNN in the morning saying that pentagon is very concerned at the military precision of the attacks and was analyzing every news bit that is coming.
--
A whole lot of anal ysts on CNN are squirming as to how terrorists can have such trg? Starr was going on about L-e-T being such a big org that even the US encountered them in Afghanistan. Total cognitive dissonance that TSP is doing all this.

Looks like with Kabul Embassy bombing the TSP/ISI have given up on plausible deniablity and that puts US in a corner for they cant be on both sides. Anyway 2009 is a landmark year for TSP.

The UK turds are bringing in cashmere settlement.
LeT Marine wing.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

What does it matter? it shows there is citizenry upset at DDM reporting either at content or vantage. If he knew more he would have posted.
Move on.
Rahul Shukla
BRFite

Post by Rahul Shukla »

Calm down George J,

I quite frankly dont give a damn about cricket matches going on every 3rd day and haven't watched any in a while. But the England cricket team deciding to come back and play in India after this carnage is a very bold statement. It deserves applause and appreciation. That's all.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

swamyg, perhaps that is what the cnn reporter needs to be conveyed. then. I doubt it.. this crowd sounds different. one can see some mocking youngsters behind.. there is a mixture there, and in the middle these two men. one angry, more vocal in marathi? and the other going" tell her, why would there". sope, its about allegations in my thoughts.

something that man feels or the group feels being falsely said by the reporters.. if it were the map, then this may not be the appropriate channel. it should MMS office.
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

Name of the paki held from Taj is Ajmal Amir Kamal
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Indian media should stop blame game against Pakistan: Shukla

ISLAMABAD, Nov 27 (APP): Indian Parliamentarian, Congress Spokesman Rajiv Shukla Thursday said that none of the Central and Maharashtria governments has so far said anything about the linkage of Pakistan with Mumbai terrorist attacks. In a telephonic interview with Geo News, the Indian Parliamentarian said that such impression is being created by the Indian media which should be avoided.

He said that “both India and Pakistan are victims of terrorism and instead of blaming each other they should cooperate in defeating the common enemy”.
But, but,.................. PM did say foreigners or outsiders.

OK, will say it for you. It was Pakistanis. They sent a memo to their government, but their government has not read it so far.

GoI cannot cover up any longer.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

NRAo, All those piracy in Gulf incidents could be these folks at the core? the Somalis are getting bad rap but recall Mohd Azhar of J-e-M was in Somalia teaching them to aim RPGs at US helicopters or so we are told. So may be they control the piracy as a moneymaker to finance jihad.
BijuShet
BRFite

Post by BijuShet »

SaiK wrote:exactly why? pissed off at what report?
It seems they are getting tired of the media circus this incident has become. They are asking why these people are reporting in India. It seem he is complaining that this incident has hurt mumbaikars and hence it is our problem. They dont want outsiders here making a tamasha. Atleast thats what I understood from the video. Unfortunately these gents would have been better off going after Burkha and Sagarika types.
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

kamal told cops that they used a merchant vessel. Dont know if he was held from taj or from elsewhere.

three people held has not been officially confirmed yet. IBN says its speculation and we need to wait. Eight terrorists have been killed so far.
Last edited by Stan_Savljevic on 28 Nov 2008 01:12, edited 1 time in total.
bart
BRFite

Post by bart »

Rahul Shukla wrote:Calm down George J,

I quite frankly dont give a damn about cricket matches going on every 3rd day and haven't watched any in a while. But the England cricket team deciding to come back and play in India after this carnage is a very bold statement. It deserves applause and appreciation. That's all.

Yes, exactly. It is a statement of solidarity that means a lot. Whether one likes cricket or not is immaterial.
ajay_hk
BRFite

Post by ajay_hk »

CNN-IBN

3 arrested...1 terrorist holed up in Taj - has been shot. But moving inside the hotel. 2-3 shots fired.

3 Terrorists hold up in Oberoi. 1 terrorist hit. All hostages are safe; although still inside the hotel are under the NSG cover in a safe location inside hotel.

Re-enforcements are ready for the move.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Did the cabinet meet or couldn't because Laloo wasn't available as VP Singh died? So whats the news on that front?
Saral
BRFite

Post by Saral »

SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Wow, the CNN anchor talking about Rishikesh and Haridwar. Wow some people do know about other countries.

Newsweek
Gods have some mercy, FZ does not totally lose it.
NEWSWEEK: The events on the ground are unfolding rapidly. But knowing the country as well as you do, what strikes you about the reports we've heard so far?
FAREED ZAKARIA: I think one of the misconceptions we're seeing so far is the assumption that these attacks were aimed primarily at foreigners. Look at their targets. The two hotels they attacked—the Taj and the Oberoi—are old, iconic Indian hotels. It used to be true that these places were affordable only by Westerners. But this is no longer true, and it's one of the big changes over the last ten years in India. The five-star hotels today are filled with Indians. Businessmen, wedding receptions, parties…these are real meeting places now, and even those who cannot afford to stay there often pass through the lobby.

So you think if the aim was to hit Americans, Brits or other Westerners, there would be more target-rich environments?
Absolutely. There's a Marriott, and a Hilton, a Four Seasons….The big American chains all have hotels there, and there are many more distinctly American targets. The Taj and the Oberoi are owned by Indians. My guess is that there will be a lot of Indians involved, and that this will generate a lot of domestic outrage.

The group that claimed responsibility called itself the Deccan Mujahedeen—a name that doesn't seem to register with many of the terrorism experts quoted in news accounts thus far. Does it mean anything to you?
This doesn't strike me as Deccan (the Deccan plateau stretches over much of central and southern India). I would be very surprised if the people who did this actually came out of the area. It's not an area of any particular significance for Islamic terrorism. It isn't as though there's a Deccan separatist region.

Any insight into where the terrorists might come from, then?
An Indian businessman who says he heard the attackers said he didn't understand the language that the young men were speaking. That means that it wasn't Hindi or Urdu… most Indians would recognize the major languages even if they couldn't speak one of them. But most Indians would be unfamiliar with what's spoken in parts of the Kashmir. That's a source of much of the terrorism. My guess is that ultimately this will turn out to be some outside jihadi groups who might also recruit among disaffected Muslims locally.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

GJ, I was talking about these guys.
Purush wrote:Who are these soldiers with AKs? (JPEG title says 'army'). Is it IA or RAF?
that's not a kevlar helmet as far as I can tell !

and AFAIK, yellow and red are Mumbai police colours.
George J wrote:CNN-IBN (that's the only channel I get) has Pranav Damale-Citizen Journalist who got some "NSG" on mobile video at the Taj. In terms of the time line the NSG has not yet arrived at the Taj. These "NSG" are in army camo, BPJ (can't make out if it is blue or not) and standard US style Kevlar helmets. So these guys are either the "army commandos" a.k.a Army Special Forces or MARCOS. NSG when they do arrive are all in black fatigues with black bomb sniffing dogs to boot.

Also after the NSG arrived CNN-IBN is stating "The NSG and Marine Commandos are involved in.....". Unless LNS or someone would like to chime in, I think there were no "Army Commandos" it was always a MARCOS and later NSG + MARCOS show.
that vid looked like mopping up operations, could have been by paramil/police after the marcos had charged through.

don't think the dariwala fauj would have taken kindly to the presence of a 'citizen journalist' in their midst during a hostage rescue crisis.
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

Latest count: 125 killed (14 cops + 6 foreigners), 327 hurt many of them critically, 8 terrorists killed, 3 arrested from Taj
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

CNN reporting that PTI has reported that there were recon missions, and control room setup earlier.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

The guy is worried about the turds in TSP. Must be a deep chef to think like this. What a ********. With anal ysis like this its better to nuke them and then see if they have any real ones left. I dont know if UAP can do this. With geratric leadership at the top they don't want to take chances.

The sad thing is INC policies are targetting Indian Muslims very unfairly. They become the victims of state inaction against extremism.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

ramana wrote:NRAo, All those piracy in Gulf incidents could be these folks at the core? the Somalis are getting bad rap but recall Mohd Azhar of J-e-M was in Somalia teaching them to aim RPGs at US helicopters or so we are told. So may be they control the piracy as a moneymaker to finance jihad.
AT best the pirates are self-mis-guided jihadis. I am not familiar with Azhar, etc, but it is more than possible. But, I highly doubt that the initial intent was piracy. I have to assume that it just became that.

But, I am sure - now - that these Islamists have their own system - within it they can justify any thing they do.

From a US PoV, I really do not see how Biden's proposal to fund the civilian government stands a chance. How is the US going to ensure that state and religion does not mix in any Islamic country. IF the US really wants to see that happen I for one would like two things to happen: one, as I have said "Infidel" needs to be erased from all Islamic texts, and two, SA needs to start funding building non-Islamic places of worship within SA - NOW. Not too much to ask for.
Tamang
BRFite

Post by Tamang »

IBN - 2 Army Jawans also killed. RIP bahaduron!
RavinM
BRFite -Trainee

Post by RavinM »

Stan_Savljevic wrote:Latest count: 125 killed (14 cops + 6 foreigners), 327 hurt many of them critically, 8 terrorists killed, 3 arrested from Taj
what happened to that blue bag carrying porki? is he dead? want to spit on his rotten body!
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

He must have gotten it in the Skoda shootout.
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

RavinM wrote: what happened to that blue bag carrying porki? is he dead? want to spit on his rotten body!
Someone had posted here that the two were killed long back. Gorigawn or some place by that name?!
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

RavinM wrote:
Stan_Savljevic wrote:Latest count: 125 killed (14 cops + 6 foreigners), 327 hurt many of them critically, 8 terrorists killed, 3 arrested from Taj
what happened to that blue bag carrying porki? is he dead? want to spit on his rotten body!
Yes he is shot dead along with the other guy.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Finally PTi is updating.

http://www.ptinews.com/
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

terrorists were not carrying AK-47 rifles but sophisticated weapons like MP-6.
They had targeted certain key police officers even when they were wearing vests and protective head gears, he said, adding the terrorists shot them dead within minutes of their arrival.
http://www.ptinews.com/pti/ptisite.nsf/ ... enDocument

this was just quoted on CNN as well
ManishC
BRFite

Post by ManishC »

ramana wrote:
The guy is worried about the turds in TSP. Must be a deep chef to think like this. What a ********. With anal ysis like this its better to nuke them and then see if they have any real ones left. I dont know if UAP can do this. With geratric leadership at the top they don't want to take chances.

The sad thing is INC policies are targetting Indian Muslims very unfairly. They become the victims of state inaction against extremism.
Leave alone nuking the turds - not going to happen, I would salute the Congis if they take out Let chief and his handlers in ISI at least now. I am not holding my breath though.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

http://www.ptinews.com/pti%5Cptisite.ns ... enDocument
Terrorists did recee,set up control rooms in luxury hotels

Mumbai, Nov.27 (PTI) Terrorists who struck Mumbai had set up advance "Control Rooms" in the luxury Taj and Trident(Oberoi) hotels which was also targeted and did prior reconnaisance executing plans worked "over months", Union Cabinet minister Kapil Sibal said tonight.
Sibal said the unprecedented terror attack in the country's financial capital was planned "over months" and the terrorists were not carrying AK-47 rifles but sophisticated weapons like MP-6.

"The terrorists have identified the targets earlier. Somebody had told them earlier. Enormous planning went into the incident. The terrorists were dropped by a mother ship and travelled in rubber boats which they docked (at Mumbai)," Sibal told CNBC.

Terrorists were not attacking people at random. It was a well though out plan, Sibal said.

They had targeted certain key police officers even when they were wearing vests and protective head gears, he said, adding the terrorists shot them dead within minutes of their arrival.

As security agencies pieced together various leads in the probe on India's worst ever terror strike, there were reports that a likely marine arm of the Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Toiba may have been involved in the well-planned attacks that left 125 persons dead.

The Union Home Ministry said the terrorists chose the sea route and came to the city in boats before spreading out in the metropolis to carry out the sinister strike.

The assessment by the Centre as Mumbai continued to be under siege for the second day came amid reports that the leader of the armed terrorists involved in the attack was killed by his own men. PTI
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

Kamal says 12 terrorists landed in Mumbai from Pakistan. 8 killed, 3 arrested, 1 holed in Taj, 2-3 in Nariman house, 1-2 in Oberoi still means either 5-6 co-conspirators from India. Else, they must have made two trips from pakistan.
Raj
BRFite

Post by Raj »

raghunath wrote:
RavinM wrote: what happened to that blue bag carrying porki? is he dead? want to spit on his rotten body!
Yes he is shot dead along with the other guy.
http://www.newsweek.com/id/171056
Also, in one of the pictures it looks like he has dark skin. I don't think he has dark skin. He has wheatish skin color The photo makes it look dark.
Around 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday, a band of 10 young armed militants zoomed up to a fishermen's colony in Colaba, on the Mumbai waterfront, in inflatable Zodiac speedboats. Locals confronted them: unlike the dark-skinned Mumbai fishermen, who speak only Marathi, the regional dialect, the intruders were young, tall and fair-skinned and spoke Urdu with a northern accent. According to local press, the gunmen reportedly told them to mind their business, then gave a raised-thumb gesture, and splitting into small groups, walked off into two different directions. The fishermen reported the suspicious men to a police post nearby, but the tip-off failed to rouse the cops to action.
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

Fresh firing/explosion at Nariman House.

Israeli commondo team on the way - 40 of them.
shynee
BRFite

Post by shynee »

2 Pak vessels apprehended off Gujarat coast

Related Stories: Adani, Godhra MP have a close shave‘We could hear desperate shouts, bachao, bachao’‘We locked doors, switched off lights’Blood washes away happy feet on Colaba Causeway‘Two people started firing from next table’The mourning
New Delhi : In its search to find the 'mother ship' of the terrorists who have attacked Mumbai, India apprehended two Pakistani merchant vessels off the coast of Gujarat in a joint operation carried out by the Navy, Coast Guard and the water wing of the Border Security Force (BSF).

"We have apprehended two cargo ships in a joint operation near the Gujarat coast while they were sailing to Karachi. They are suspected to be the ships that ferried the terrorists near to Mumbai coast yesterday," Home Ministry sources said.

The three sea-guarding forces were put on a high alert after intelligence agencies gave inputs about a merchant vessel, suspected to be involved in the Terror attacks on Mumbai since Wednesday, trying to move towards Karachi in Pakistan.

The forces were, in fact, conducting their routine joint exercises in the general area of the Gujarat coast when they received the intelligence inputs and they immediately diverted their assets for searching the run-away merchant vessel.

"In the evening, Indian ships sighted two ships including the one about which intelligence agencies had given a tip-off," Home Ministry sources said.

The Indian ships apprehended both the cargo ships, which were identified as MV Alpha and MV Al Kabir. Officers of the three forces were ascertaining the credentials of the crew on board the two ships, sources added.
bart
BRFite

Post by bart »

Headlines on the channels are now increasingly patting themselves on the back. "CCN-IBN braves terror in Mumbai" was a headline around an hour back. :shock: