Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 16 2009

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Raja
BRFite

Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 16 2009

Post by Raja »

The big question is if we will see something similar in India in the coming months. I feel like a section of Pakistani regime is more interested in taking India down the drain with it. So they might be inclined to sponsor an "equal equal" only incident.
James B
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 16 2009

Post by James B »

Philip wrote:
ANKARA: British Foreign Secretary David Miliband on Wednesday denounced a deadly suicide car bombing in Pakistan and said London would help Islamabad fight terrorism.

We are deep and good friends of the people and the government of Pakistan. We are committed to standing shoulder by shoulder with Pakistan in days of
need,’ Miliband said at a joint press conference with his Turkish counterpart Ahmet Davutoglu.
Seems like Milli-bund is taking over the rhetoric of 'Tallel than oceans and deepel than mountains' and 'feather by feather' fliend.
Last edited by James B on 27 May 2009 18:39, edited 1 time in total.
Vivek_A
BRFite

Post by Vivek_A »

Raja wrote:The big question is if we will see something similar in India in the coming months. I feel like a section of Pakistani regime is more interested in taking India down the drain with it. So they might be inclined to sponsor an "equal equal" only incident.
Like pigs taking to mud, I think it's safe to assume that ALL pakis are always inclined to carry out a jihadi attack on India. If they are successful in doing so, government inaction will surely be to blame.

It there has been no paki attack since november, I don't think it's because of a lack of trying.

As long as the government of India has a laid back attitude and refuses to press the advantages it has, nothing will change.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

At Least 23 Are Killed in Huge Bomb Blast in Pakistan

Lahore office of police chief damaged, ISI headquarter may have been a target?
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Perhaps if it holds out long enough a burkha clad general might negotiate a peace deal with it? :roll:
:rotfl:

Btw,Did any ISI TFTAs meet their 72 or did the miscreants miss the ISI HQ completely?

Any myth that the ISI is the all seeing super agency should be immediately quashed since no super duper agency will allow tons of RDX filled vans to target their HQ twice...
p_saggu
BRFite

Post by p_saggu »

On the contrary, I think that the understanding with pakistan was that attacks would be held off until the elections with the aim that the BJP would be vanquished. Now with things having settled down as everyone wanted to, any pressure that pakistan wants to let off will be directed towards indian cities in the form of Pakjabi terrorists commiting acts of terror with local disgruntled men, and the whole lot being blamed on Taliban / Pashtoon non state actors.
adityaS
BRFite -Trainee

Post by adityaS »

Taliban stuck between anvil and hammer

Article claims that avoiding guerilla warfare and taking control of provinces was a bad idea. One gem highlighted:
In going on the offensive toward Islamabad, the TTP had to forego the advantages of insurgents and, to some extent, fight in a conventional manner. They had to concentrate forces, hold positions and organize supply systems - often in areas where they did not have local support or intimate knowledge of terrain. Such quixotic attacks play into the hands of all but the most inept conventional armies and lead to failure :mrgreen:
For now, the TTP is being driven back and may be in full retreat. Pakistani reports provide casualty figures that are unreliable if not fantastic, but the TTP has undoubtedly been unable to hold ground or inflict high casualties on government forces.
The article itself smells of wishful thinking on the part of the Amreekhan author, but I guess time will tell.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

US for smaller India role in Kabul - Pakistan pressure to prune consulate footprint in Afghanistan

This new development mean that the US should be responsible for all terrorist attacks within India - those that originate within Pakistan or those that are hatched within India by Islamists (defined by India).
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Slowly, the noose seems to be tightening around India and BRs worst nightmares seem to be coming true..

The day is not far when Pak will feel "insecure" about Ayni AFB and US will "nudge" us to close it. With a "Bush loving"(a.k.a Amriki loverboy) MMS and cabinet in power, wont be surprised if a few consulates are actually closed down..
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

LOL!
Some one did a google search on:
"most funniest pakistani sentence in 2009"
.. And guess what tops the chart ...
<link>
Before coming to US, in Pakistan, I have been using the Operating System made by Pakistanis that was unknown by the world and I think it was the best Operating System I have used ever.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

I do not see any value to keeping these consulates open IF the US - the main player - is not going to play ball. It is not that these consulates played this game by themselves, they HAD to have some US nod - however small.

IF Obama feels that India cannot contribute and that China, Saudi Arabia and Iran can, so be it.

I think this is a very good development for India. Now the terrorists will have a focus in the region: China, Saudi Arabia and Iran. And, did I mention Pakistan?

IF this Lahore Group (US, Afghanistan, Pakistan, China, Saudi Arabia and Iran) can quell the terrorist, India wins (in more ways than one - terrorism should be reduced, if not wiped out (per Obama that is), ISI should be stunted and TSPA should be defanged). IF the Lahore Group does survive, then for decades to come that group will face the brunt of the tamasha, India will too, but I suspect to a much lesser extent.

Given that Obama wants a no-nuke world, that much the better.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

NRao wrote: I think this is a very good development for India. Now the terrorists will have a focus in the region: China, Saudi Arabia and Iran. And, did I mention Pakistan?

IF this Lahore Group (US, Afghanistan, Pakistan, China, Saudi Arabia and Iran) can quell the terrorist, India wins (in more ways than one - terrorism should be reduced, if not wiped out (per Obama that is), ISI should be stunted and TSPA should be defanged). IF the Lahore Group does survive, then for decades to come that group will face the brunt of the tamasha, India will too, but I suspect to a much lesser extent.
I see no reason for such optimism. The terrorists will have a focus in the region, as they have always had: India. The Lahore Group will have a common agenda in focussing the terrorists upon India... more intently than ever, with the increasing involvement of China in formulating American Af-Pak policy.

In what way are the Lahore Group going to face the brunt of the tamasha if India has to close her Afghan consulates? India will face the brunt as always, and be lectured by all members of the Lahore Group to show restraint, recognize the commonality of Indo-Pak interests w.r.t Taliban, etc. etc. And what little intelligence/forewarning we could hope to get as a result of the Afghan consulates will no longer be available to us... that's the only difference.
Rahul Shukla
BRFite

Post by Rahul Shukla »

Keshav
BRFite

Post by Keshav »

Vivek_A wrote: Like pigs taking to mud, I think it's safe to assume that ALL pakis are always inclined to carry out a jihadi attack on India. If they are successful in doing so, government inaction will surely be to blame.
To be honest, Pakistanis are probably more concerned with themselves at the moment. Don't let the hate get to your sense of realism. Nothing has changed - the only thing is now, the puppets are fighting the puppet master instead of someone else.

If China is drawn into the equation, I can see how their might be problems but after looking Brzenski, I was still unable to find credible answers to why America wants to keep India out of the Pakistan resolution.

To be honest, the only explanation that makes sense is the idea that Obama doesn't necessarily dislike India, but that he realizes any mention of it makes the Pakis go nuts, makes them irrational, and less susceptible to strategic thinking.

By leaving India out, it prevents them from blaming India for inaction.
Jay
BRFite

Post by Jay »

Keshav wrote: To be honest, Pakistanis are probably more concerned with themselves at the moment. Don't let the hate get to your sense of realism. Nothing has changed - the only thing is now, the puppets are fighting the puppet master instead of someone else.
Sahib, do not let your WKK'ness get to your realism as well. On what basis did you conclude that Pakis are more concerned with themselves? They are more concerned with Baksheesh in the short run and with India in the long run. If your statement was true then they would have redeployed their forces from LOC. All thats happening is an orgy between Pakibuns & Talibuns and the theatre is all for us to watch.
Samay
BRFite

Post by Samay »

The taliban's long range missile that could reach up to wtc-ny,mumbai is often neglected by everyone.
Keshav
BRFite

Post by Keshav »

Jay wrote: Sahib, do not let your WKK'ness get to your realism as well. On what basis did you conclude that Pakis are more concerned with themselves? They are more concerned with Baksheesh in the short run and with India in the long run. If your statement was true then they would have redeployed their forces from LOC. All thats happening is an orgy between Pakibuns & Talibuns and the theatre is all for us to watch.
Who says they'll be there in the long run if we let them keep killing each other. That was my point. They are fighting each other, if only temporarily but any move India makes will unify them against the pagan army of the East.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

NRao wrote:I do not see any value to keeping these consulates open IF the US - the main player - is not going to play ball. It is not that these consulates played this game by themselves, they HAD to have some US nod - however small.

IF Obama feels that India cannot contribute and that China, Saudi Arabia and Iran can, so be it.

I think this is a very good development for India. Now the terrorists will have a focus in the region: China, Saudi Arabia and Iran. And, did I mention Pakistan?

Given that Obama wants a no-nuke world, that much the better.
NRao-ji

This is the very thought process we must get rid off. Expecting someone else to clean our shit and enjoy the goodies irrespective of the outcome. This thought process by our past leadership (for past 1500 years) lead us to our current headaches. You want to continue this nonsense into future?

If US/UK/PRC/SA/Afg/Iran have a reason to stay in this region, India has even a better reason to stay put in this area.

IMO, India’s Phak-Af policy should

Strategy: Keep Pakistan’s focus on it’s eastern border by keeping a significant military force in its borders. Push Taliban out of Afghanistan and NAs. Provide moral and political support for Independent Pashtunisthan and Independent Baluchistan. Deny PRC a foot-hold in this region.

Plan:
1. Join US on GWOT in Phak-Af area.
2. Send a substantial military force to Afghanistan so US/Nato forces are relieved from Peace Keeping duties. Perhaps Indian armed forces can help rebuild Afghanistan starting from North-west regions. While NATO pushes Taliban province by province, India will rebuild the pacified provinces and develop Afghan national police and afghan national army.
3. Put a strong military presence in both western and eastern borders
4. Join Shanghai Cooparation Cousil as a full member. Influence Russia and Iran to support a “peaceful Afghanistan” policy.
5. Increase non-military aid to Afghanistan especially to establish a strong educational, health-care, and law-and-order infrastructure.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

If US wants to push India out of Afghanistan, we will, of course, have to compensate for such a strategic retreat with boosting our troop levels on our western border.

For Americans who cannot figure out where our western border is, it is Pakistan's eastern border. Hope that rings a bell!
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Going to post this in full..almost:
“Indo-Pakistani” label in Paris murder draws expatriate ire

Vaiju Naravane

“Paksitanis are giving us a bad name”, say Indian expatriates

The term is meaningless and its use is unfortunate, says journalist

Paris: French police arrested six Pakistanis, including one woman, after the killing of a French off-duty policeman late Saturday in the Paris suburb of Courneuve. The policeman’s service revolver was found near the garbage bins of the building in which the six Pakistanis live.

However, media — including newspapers, radio and television — citing police sources identified the six arrested people as belonging to the “Indo-Pakistani community”, a term which has angered the Indian community here.

As a result, The Hindu’s office in Paris was flooded with angry calls from the Indian community. “I take great offence at the use of the term “Indo-Pakistani community” to describe people who are purely Pakistani nationals,” said a caller who identified himself as Naresh. “It would be the same if a French or German person arrested in India were to be referred to as belonging to ‘Franco-German or Franco British community’ simply because the two countries happen to be neighbours. The Indian community is completely separate from the Pakistani community and the two have nothing in common. We belong to different sovereign countries.”

A woman caller said: “The Pakistanis here are giving us a bad name. They are involved in all kinds of trafficking and it is suspected that this policeman was in some way linked to an extortion racket with those arrested. We should not be lumped with the Pakistanis simply because we come from roughly the same geographical area.”

Gilles Poux, Communist Mayor of Courneuve, was quoted as saying: “There appeared to be a quarrel between people belonging to the Indo-Pakistani community. Many shops in this busy locality have been bought by members of this community.” :roll:

Police authorities in France could not be reached and this reporter was sent back and forth between police headquarters in Paris and La Courneuve.

When contacted, the Indian embassy said it would be taking up the matter with the French Interior Ministry.

Stephane Sellami, a journalist from the Le Parisien newspaper told The Hindu: “I agree the term ‘Indo-Pakistani’ is meaningless and its use is unfortunate. But there seems to be some confusion as to the exact origin of the six arrested persons. Fresh reports indicate that they might be from Sri Lanka. But we have no confirmation yet. The paper has used the term in order to give our readers an idea of the general geographical area to which the suspects belong. But I agree it is not satisfactory and we shall make changes to the copy.”

The circumstances of the policeman’s death remain mysterious and authorities are looking into why the man was in the locality in civilian clothing on his day off while carrying his service revolver.

“The arrested persons are not dangerous criminals. They come from the Sri Lankan or Pakistani milieu and often engage in commercial fraud,” Frederic Lagache, an official from the Alliance policemen’s union told AFP.
Cuisine link

The term “Indo-Pakistani” was coined in France by Pakistani restaurant owners wishing to take advantage of the fame of Indian cuisine. That term has now been extended to the entire sub-continental community encompassing Indians, Pakistanis and Sri Lankans, much to the annoyance of Indians who say both the Sri Lankans and the Pakistanis engage in illegal activities, giving them a bad name.
http://www.hindu.com/2009/02/24/stories ... 471800.htm

Certainly Indians should take umbrage to this and take this up prominently. Possibly even splashing full page advertizements in prominent dailies. The Paki is a Paki. Indians are Indian.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Considering that Dr. Manmohan Singh could be a guest in France at the Bastille Day on 14th July this year, it would be good if this issue is solved on a priority basis.

1. Any restaurant with a Pakistani Management or Pakistani Owner should not be allowed to call itself Indo-Pakistani Restaurant or claim to be offering Indo-Pakistani Cuisine.

2. The French authorities should always differentiate between Indians and Pakistanis in all communiques regarding any community. Also the word South Asian should not be used.

3. The French should help in making this regulation a EU-wide regulation, through the EU Parliament, or EU Council.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

This is the very thought process we must get rid off. Expecting someone else to clean our shit and enjoy the goodies irrespective of the outcome.
On the contrary. I am assigning blame to the US (actually the Lahore Group) (NOT Pakistan) IF something happens in India.

I think there are several developments here, including, Chinese dreams to "own" IOR, and the US willing to consider IOR to be large enough to accommodate everyone, Chinese to be a bigger/senior partner with the US, Chinese WB/IMF/ADB development, etc. From Indian PoV, I really do not see India making a move. India did not make any major moves even in SL and are still in a walk mode, what makes anyone think that India will overtly take on the US in Afghanistan?

IMHO, India has to play along and let either the US fail or succeed (to whatever extent). I think IF the US feels that it can deal with terrorism, let them.

What India has to do is consolidate within IOR - India needs to be big enough and have the ability to take a few good punches (which are coming).

This is what happens when a country has no strategic thinking - others swallow them up. As you sow so shall you reap.

Time to reboot.

Unless you have the guts and fight it out - I do not see that happening.

India certainly managed to keep "K" out, but could not keep "A" in!!!!
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Keep Pakistan’s focus on it’s eastern border by keeping a significant military force in its borders. Push Taliban out of Afghanistan and NAs. Provide moral and political support for Independent Pashtunisthan and Independent Baluchistan. Deny PRC a foot-hold in this region.
No problem with that thought.

Now, be sure that you can go up against the US + China in the entire IOR.

Forget these areas, you will have to add SL + BD + Nepal + Burma + SE Africa (I am not sure if you are aware India is battling Chicom in those areas as well).

Indian strategy to keep "K" out was great - but a very short sighted one IMHO. India seems like did not see that left hook coming or did not plan on a response.

Let us see, perhaps India did think of a response and we have not got to know of it as yet.
Nitesh
BRFite

Post by Nitesh »

http://www.hindu.com/2009/05/27/stories ... 981000.htm
Going by the expectations in diplomatic circles, Dr. Singh will have the unique opportunity of interacting with several states, all of which are crucial to solving the Afghanistan problem, when he makes his maiden foreign visit abroad in his second term to the Russian city of Yekaterinburg in mid-June.
But the situation unfolding on the Durand line and beyond, in Afghanistan, makes each of the SCO summit participants (except Turkmenistan, which is not a participant) part of the regional solution to the problem. It is still not clear whether the SCO’s promise to give a greater role to the observers (of which India is one) will convince Dr. Singh to attend the summit.

But the opportunity to interact at one place with countries neighbouring Afghanistan is unlikely to be missed out by New Delhi, though at the non-heads of government level. This is more so because one of the main objectives of the Indian foreign policy is to check the expansion of Islamic fundamentalism in the region, and the excessive engagement of the five Central states with Pakistan on the basis of a common Islamic identity.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

NRao wrote:
Now, be sure that you can go up against the US + China in the entire IOR.

Forget these areas, you will have to add SL + BD + Nepal + Burma + SE Africa (I am not sure if you are aware India is battling Chicom in those areas as well).

Indian strategy to keep "K" out was great - but a very short sighted one IMHO. India seems like did not see that left hook coming or did not plan on a response.

Let us see, perhaps India did think of a response and we have not got to know of it as yet.
NRao-ji

I thought about your first point. That is why I recommended a close cooperation with Unkil (see points 1 & 2). If unkil wants respite in Pak-Af area India should offer it, event if it is costly.

This will force Pakis to bring PRC into the game. Will PRC give more value to Pakistan and its strategic location than the good will of India and US/UK?

Can India offer a creative solution to both PRC and USA in such an event, which is beneficial to all three parties?

Was reading about the stimulus packages by different nations. PRC’s stimulus package is valued at $585B, about 18% of its GDP. How much of it is going into Defense sector with infra development in Tibet and India border areas? We need to think about this too?
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

You kafir SDREs make a lot out of the small IED mubarak in Lawhore. Wait until unkil puts more pressure on ISI and jernail/kernail. It aint nothin yet.
ashish raval
BRFite

Post by ashish raval »

I think French use of term Indo-Pakistani is indeed a deplorable incident. The best idea is to use the term Franco-bla bla bla if something really bad happens in incidents countries which are french neighbours. I think only then the french press/people will be willing and forced to change the stance on the issue. I think it will also be a good idea to clearly draw a line between Indians and Pakis in france. Restaurants whose owner is from Pakistan should clearly write down Pakistani cuisine and refrain from taking advatage of Indian name. I also agree with idea ^^ that a full page advert in the leading french daily will be an eye-opener for the people of france. A general observation : French dont like people who are non-French and speak English...
Jay
BRFite

Post by Jay »

Keshav wrote: Who says they'll be there in the long run if we let them keep killing each other. That was my point. They are fighting each other, if only temporarily but any move India makes will unify them against the pagan army of the East.
Keshav, for that to happen we do not have to do anything, just maintaining the status-quo will be sufficient, which means that no escalation/de-escalation. If we think that by reducing the number of troops along LOC, pukis will reciprocate then God help us. If we do that there wont be any changes in indo-paki bhaichaara and here is why. As soon as we reduce the number of troops and patrols, pukis will send in a large batch of pigs and another 26/11 will surely follow within a matter of days, which will not only prompt the re-deployment of troops at LOC, but we are back to square one with large loss to lives & economy. This will in turn solidify the jihadists and paki nationalists alike as the Pigs will portray this as a successful mission which will make them bold and will also increase their intake. Now that we re-deployed out troops, pakis will get a excuse to portray this as an escalation and will promptly stop the fight with pigs. Considering how supportive Uncle and his poodles are, there would be another course of Miliband uvacha and so on and so forth. Putting ideology aside, reducing troops along LOC will do more harm then ANY GOOD.

All this is because its not only the hatred of India that's a unifying factor among Pukis, but any success against India also acts in the same way. Please, think about it.....
Duangkomon
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Duangkomon »

If US is putting pressure on India to shut its consulates India should see this as a wakeup call to look after its own national interest instead of playing along with US games. India should chart its own course to deal with Paki terrorists by creating a club that includes Iran, Russia and CA regional players. This could be used to neutralize any nefarious activities cooked up by Chinis, Pakis and unkils.
shynee
BRFite

Post by shynee »

Check this headline from NTDTV on the Lahore blast.

Suicide Bomber Kills 15 in India
Last edited by shynee on 28 May 2009 00:48, edited 1 time in total.
Shalav
BRFite

Post by Shalav »

Thats NTDTV

cheeni website
shynee
BRFite

Post by shynee »

Oops, you are right.
shynee
BRFite

Post by shynee »

India condemns Lahore blast; reminds Pakistan about Mumbai justice
New Delhi: India Wednesday "unequivocally" condemned the bomb blast in Lahore but also made it clear that the ball was in Pakistan's court to punish the perpetrators of the Mumbai carnage if it wanted to resume composite dialogue with New Delhi.
Alluding to Pakistan's calls for resuming composite dialogue that has been stalled after the Nov 26, 2008 Mumbai attacks, Krishna said the ball was "in Pakistan's court" to "set them (bilateral ties) right" by bringing the perpetrators of the carnage to justice.
In his first comments after being named external affairs minister Saturday, Krishna had reminded Pakistan about honouring its pledge to dismantle the infrastructure of terrorism if it wanted to resume dialogue with India.
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

shynee
BRFite

Post by shynee »

archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

The vests on the security personnel with "RESCUE" written on them seem to be donated by the generous unkil as well. Beggars can't even make those. :D
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

'No evidence that India aiding Pak Baloch rebels': Indian Express

A good argument against such baseless allegations. Indian Government is too 'gau' for such activities.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

^^^ think of it as Unkil's warning to pak establishment, more than one ball in the vice
Manny
BRFite

Post by Manny »

RajeshA wrote:Considering that Dr. Manmohan Singh could be a guest in France at the Bastille Day on 14th July this year, it would be good if this issue is solved on a priority basis.

1. Any restaurant with a Pakistani Management or Pakistani Owner should not be allowed to call itself Indo-Pakistani Restaurant or claim to be offering Indo-Pakistani Cuisine.

2. The French authorities should always differentiate between Indians and Pakistanis in all communiques regarding any community. Also the word South Asian should not be used.

3. The French should help in making this regulation a EU-wide regulation, through the EU Parliament, or EU Council.

Otherwise we will start using terms like "Franco-German holocaust against Jews!"