Maritime History of India

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Re: Maritime History of India

Post by Lalmohan »

karthik, from what i remember of the woods documentary, and he himself admitted that interpretations were not always accepted, that the central asian connection was less about origins of hinduism in its totally but more about influence from a group of people who had come from that area. india has over the centuries absorbed many different foreign influences and subsumed them

the only antidote to interpretations we dont like is to research and write more, i'd encourage any historian to do so, i reserve the right to disagree with him/her later. we are desperately short of a re-analysis of available source materials
brihaspati
BRF Oldie

Re: Maritime History of India

Post by brihaspati »

Rahul M,
OT, but no other way to know! We had initially talked about the database development expanding on ASI list. Do you have other things in mind? In that case an outline wishlist would be helpful! do mail then and delete this post.