Statewide and National runup to 2014 General elections

Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Re: Statewide and National runup to 2014 General elections

Post by Sushupti »

nawabs wrote:भाजपा ने अमित शाह के हवाले किया यूपी

http://www.amarujala.com/news/samachar/ ... r-pradesh/
लोकसभा चुनाव की तैयारी के लिए बूथ स्तर की कमेटियों के गठन से लेकर सभी तैयारियां करने के लिए भाजपा ने नेताओं की जिम्मेदारी तय कर दी है।

यही नेता प्रत्येक संसदीय क्षेत्र के लिए प्रभारी व सहप्रभारी तक तय करेंगे। गुजरात के मुख्यमंत्री नरेंद्र मोदी के करीबी व पार्टी महासचिव अमित शाह को उत्तर प्रदेश का जिम्मा सौंपा गया है।

शाह के साथ धर्मेंद्र प्रधान, श्याम जाजू व त्रिवेंद्र रावत भी उत्तर प्रदेश का जिम्मा संभालेंगे। उत्तराखंड का जिम्मा त्रिवेंद्र रावत को दिया गया है।

भाजपा आगामी लोकसभा के लिए उत्तर प्रदेश, बिहार, राजस्थान, महाराष्ट्र, गुजरात और मध्य प्रदेश पर विशेष ध्यान देगी। इसलिए इन राज्यों के लिए अभी से नेताओं को जिम्मेदारी सौंपी जा रही है।

पार्टी अध्यक्ष राजनाथ सिंह के साथ उपाध्यक्षों व महासचिवों की बैठक में यह फैसला किया गया। महाराष्ट्र का जिम्मा अनंत कुमार और मुख्तार अब्बास नकवी संभालेंगे।

बिहार व झारखंड के लिए थावरचंद गहलोत, हरियाणा के लिए कप्तान सिंह सोलंकी, राजस्थान के लिए जेपी नड्डा का नाम तय किया गया है। पंजाब व हिमाचल प्रदेश समेत अन्य राज्यों के लिए अभी नेताओं के नाम तय किए जाने हैं।
It will be interesting to see how Windbag's residue in UP reacts to this development. Just like in KA, being of Dilli-Billi character, they will try to put themselves over party's interest. And that would be the real challenge for Mr. Shah.
shaardula
BRF Oldie

Post by shaardula »

i'm naive to have only now discovered the staggering amount of money that is being spent polls. there happy? i'm naive. you are smart.
Last edited by shaardula on 10 May 2013 11:05, edited 1 time in total.
AjayKK
BRFite

Post by AjayKK »

^ Sushupti, Can you put names to the "Windbag's residue(s)" so that we have a non-fluctuating list ? The problem is that the list of such residues fluctuates so much that it becomes larger than all the leaders combined, a sort of Super set of UP leaders!!

Maybe you can "Permanent members" and "Temporary - Aaya-Abdul, Gaya-Abdul types ?
It will be interesting to know !
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

shaardula ji,

where did I say your acknowledgment of my smartness will make me happy. Is it my well being you are concerned with?

Because if you are, then i must add that I get well-beinged by something else. I respectfully submit to education. Only trip wire being that my education cannot mean abandonment of my interests.

So the topic you raised is 'Election funding and its implications'.
Last edited by member_20317 on 10 May 2013 12:40, edited 1 time in total.
JohnTitor
BRFite

Post by JohnTitor »

Theo_Fidel wrote:
Shonu wrote:How else can you explain the win after win congress has had in several states?
There is no great mystery here. Folks like to be able to fire their leaders, even the good ones. Good or bad or indifferent everyone needs a change.
WB was the great exception to the rule but even that bastion has now been toppled.

Losing regularly is good for the big heads who pontificate on ruling us.
I advise a regular dose of losing and regular whip lashes from voter for even the parties I support.
The Indian voter is a fickle mistress. Will turn on you for no apparent reason.
And support you for no apparent reason. Such is democracy. And no one is above democracy.
Theo ji, my qualm isn't about BJP losing. It is about congress winning. And it isn't them winning as such. It is what they do with that win that concerns me. If this were the US with democrats vs repubs .. although I would probably be a supporter of one party, the other party winning wouldn't be such a bad thing. The problem is, the system congress propogates is eating the country alive. The rampant corruption, lack of law & order, lack of a desire to improve the country and plundering of natural resources! THAT is what I have a problem with. Selling the county out at every juncture is what they are doing and thats what really concerns me. And even more so, I am not too worried (in this context) about lack of infrastructure - its more about the large scale plundering (which includes BJP's reddy bros). BJP isn't much better, its just a lesser evil. At this rate, we won't have much of a country left in a few decades :(

panduranghari wrote:
So Not exactly fake.

From-
http://www.parliament.uk/business/publi ... mp-link-29

http://www.columbia.edu/itc/mealac/prit ... _1835.html

Read this in full, the idea expressed in that image posted by Shonu ji is the gist of the argument between Macaulay and Bentinck.
Exactly Panduranghari ji, my point wasn't Macaulay himself said/did it. But it was done - you need to just study history to know it happened - not necessarily by an individual but the occupiers. The current sickularism is doing the same. "educating" people. Why aren't indians proud of our history? Why do we always try to want to be something else? So much so that it is shameful that our PM (past & present) speak in English at the UN - this is a guy who rules over a billion people. My encounters with indians in videsh has always shown me one thing - many of these people distance themselves from india (oh my dad was indian, I have no association with india or I've been living in videsh for x years, don't really know india ... lets not forget the plethora of indians who are more british than the brits.. or more american the the americans). I am sure many of you have met such people. It is shameful - be wherever you want to be, but don't forget your past.
rkirankr
BRFite

Post by rkirankr »

shaardula wrote:if you are interested kiran, i can send you the csv of raw numbers from eci site and the script used to extract it. you can crunch numbers to your satisfaction.
Please understand what Iam trying to say. I said 90, someone in this forum said they could have won 86. I do not deny there was a negative mood against BJP. It was and Congress definitely would have been the beneficiary even if they were united. But now with the split they destroyed the base itself.
They were bad becos of failure in administration, corruption and virtually no governance for long periods of time due to infighting. But as politicians too they were utter failiure(both state and central leadership). They did not foresee things. Now high moral ground is nothing no one cares.
If Yeddy really builds KJP to the level of JDS atleast, it is good bye BJP for a long time from KA. JMHV
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

^ I disagree with the "virtually no governance". Except that garbage crisis, which resolved in a month, there is no bad governance. In Bangalore roads are well laid, no of buses increased and even law and order is in relative control. No goondagiri or overt exhibition of money power. If this is not governance, do not know what else be called as good governance. Everybody congi is screeching about governance, but no congi dared to spell what is bad governance of KA, because there is none except "garbage" in their mind.

Moreover, in the past 5 years, the IT sector (buildings to manpower) in Bangalore has nearly doubled, so that the associated problems of it, like road congestion, etc.

Regarding corruption, nepotism is universal in India. Only Hegde and Bharadwaj amplified wrongdoings of Yeddi. As Swapandas Gupta said its a matter of perception and Yeddi naively failed in it.

Regarding mining scams. The Sandur-Rayadurga belt is famous of iron ore from eons. During Reddy's time commodity boom made the extraction a bit bigger. Some of the biggest faults of Reddy's:
1. They choose YSR as protector instead of Delhi Sultanate, thus depriving sultanate their cut.
2. They choose to brandish some of their wealth, instead of stashing it in foreign accounts.

Before Reddy's there were tons of mines and money was minted in it, where did that money gone, either to Delhi sultanate or to foreign shores. It means money (Black and White) instead of circulating in India went to abroad before Reddy's era.
rkirankr
BRFite

Post by rkirankr »

kmkraoind wrote:^ I disagree with the "virtually no governance". Except that garbage crisis, which resolved in a month, there is no bad governance. In Bangalore roads are well laid, no of buses increased and even law and order is in relative control. No goondagiri or overt exhibition of money power. If this is not governance, do not know what else be called as good governance. Everybody congi is screeching about governance, but no congi dared to spell what is bad governance of KA, because there is none except "garbage" in their mind.

Moreover, in the past 5 years, the IT sector (buildings to manpower) in Bangalore has nearly doubled, so that the associated problems of it, like road congestion, etc.

Regarding corruption, nepotism is universal in India. Only Hegde and Bharadwaj amplified wrongdoings of Yeddi. As Swapandas Gupta said its a matter of perception and Yeddi naively failed in it.

Regarding mining scams. The Sandur-Rayadurga belt is famous of iron ore from eons. During Reddy's time commodity boom made the extraction a bit bigger. Some of the biggest faults of Reddy's:
1. They choose YSR as protector instead of Delhi Sultanate, thus depriving sultanate their cut.
2. They choose to brandish some of their wealth, instead of stashing it in foreign accounts.

Before Reddy's there were tons of mines and money was minted in it, where did that money gone, either to Delhi sultanate or to foreign shores. It means money (Black and White) instead of circulating in India went to abroad before Reddy's era.
Yes I correct myself, there has been governance. However the perception of no governance was more stronger. Maybe aided by the media. Whomever we spoke to said "Een madidaru saar, bari jagalaa adkond saitha iddarey" meaining what did they do, just fighting. This perception they could not get rid off. Also as politicians they paled in comparison to congis criminal brains

Any dumb idiot in that party would have know that if Yeddy goes out and hurts in assembly elections, he might as well hurt in LS too. It would be a blow, however small to party's chances in 2014. Or may be that is what some in the central BJP want. Who knows
manish
BRFite

Post by manish »

kmkraoind wrote: In Bangalore roads are well laid, no of buses increased and even law and order is in relative control.
Whatever may be the goings on behind the scenes, the handling of KSRTC and BMTC has been exemplary under BJP/R Ashoka.

They are by far the most autonomous (relatively little meddling in day to day ops by the minister and his cohorts, most decisions incl those on fares are mostly taken by the corporations themselves) of the public sector public transport organizations - well run, profitable and surprisingly among the most TFTA of the bus operators as well :) (pioneering/heavy investments in high end buses, pioneering online/mobile booking, courtesy trainings for staff operating premium services, heavy deployment of IT-all well before even big pvt operators like VRL/Neeta etc)
rkirankr
BRFite

Post by rkirankr »

manish wrote:
kmkraoind wrote: In Bangalore roads are well laid, no of buses increased and even law and order is in relative control.
Whatever may be the goings on behind the scenes, the handling of KSRTC and BMTC has been exemplary under BJP/R Ashoka.

They are by far the most autonomous (relatively little meddling in day to day ops by the minister and his cohorts, most decisions incl those on fares are mostly taken by the corporations themselves) of the public sector public transport organizations - well run, profitable and surprisingly among the most TFTA of the bus operators as well :) (pioneering/heavy investments in high end buses, pioneering online/mobile booking, courtesy trainings for staff operating premium services, heavy deployment of IT-all well before even big pvt operators like VRL/Neeta etc)
Agree but the BJP do not know to play the game. It is just not retained in the people's mind. To change things you need power, to get power you have to market yourselves. They could have named many of their programes on their leaders. Of course there was an Atal shuttle and some "Vajpayee" kendras. Also arrogance of some of them got more TV time. P**n watching MLA cut off power to his constituency. What was he thinking?
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

^ On a lighter note, if a party has power and media houses, they can get away even if you do some XXX activity in courts and has video clippings of same. If you have no money power and media houses, even _____ watching will become a big issue. No doubt, its damn condemnable for a party like BJP.

After BJP coming to power in 2013-14, BJP need to device ways to control media houses, if not, media becomes binoculars and will amplify small things on one side, and other side even elephant looks smaller than ant. Probably, NaMo thought of handling media houses, if not from day #1 they will be in a fault-finding mission.
Last edited by kmkraoind on 10 May 2013 14:23, edited 1 time in total.
rkirankr
BRFite

Post by rkirankr »

kmkraoind wrote:^ On a lighter note, if a party has power and media houses, they can get away even if you do some XXX activity in courts and has video clippings of same. If you have no money power and media houses, even _____ watching will become a big issue. No doubt, its damn condemnable for a party like BJP.

After BJP coming to power in 2013-14, BJP need to device ways to control media houses, if not, media becomes binoculars and will amplify small things on one side, and other side even elephant looks smaller than ant. Probably, NaMo thought of handling media houses, if not from day #1 they will be in a fault-finding machine.
+1 It is not only capturing the fort after a tough battle, you have to defend it as well. Otherwise what you do will be washed away. Talked to many young voters who might have been in 2nd std when NDA was ruling. Absolutely no idea on any achievements of NDA.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

after a cooling off period the eminent jurist caught with pants down in SC premises is very much back in good books of madam.
also there are a lot of broken down ex-royals and feudals in the INC family, almost none anywhere else. many of them have deep ties to big business and industry as well stretching generations and to elite schools.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

SaiK wrote: Not sure about your reasons. Can you list out a few critical aspects that will justify this for bjp? They are actually scrambling at all things now.

Pl remember aam has repeatEdly voted for sustainence of corruption as against development.

Even with Yeddi, INC would have been the slp. So corruption and misgovernance are an issue for at least some people. In KA it was local issues that dominated. Same may happen to INC at center. However, I still think the allegations against yeddy are of nepotism and NM should try to work out a deal with him. TOI predicts 2 seats for BJP in KA if the split stays.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

Theo_Fidel wrote:
Raman Singh is a good man. Everyone in Chattisgarh likes him. I like him too. He is personally uncorrupt.
Even the administration does not have a single bad thing to say about him.
He gets elected because the opposition is in complete disarray. Mostly from infighting.
He has been in power for 10 years now and there should be more to show.
Considering the incredible mineral wealth of the state.

The state as such is making very slow progress.
Abject poverty and panhandling is very visible,
in ways poverty has completely disappeared in other states.
Civil society is very weak and the elite are small in number and are not showing
A lot of empathy for the plight of the destitute.

Investments in Agriculture for instance approach zero.
It was a shock to me to see how farming proceeds in these areas.
Completely rain fed with no mechanization to speak off.

Like I said the real problem is that the human capital has not
really improved for any but the top 10%.
Still one hopes the state makes faster progress soon.
Some of the gentlest and kindest folks of India.
I don't have the data off-hand now. I will post it for you when I find it. CH has done well under RS. But CH was one of the most backward areas in India pre-split. So yes there may be issues wrt development but INC is unlikely to return this time. And no it has nothing to do with infighting in INC. People remember the lack of progress under INC.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

kmkraoind wrote:^ I disagree with the "virtually no governance". Except that garbage crisis, which resolved in a month, there is no bad governance. In Bangalore roads are well laid, no of buses increased and even law and order is in relative control. No goondagiri or overt exhibition of money power. If this is not governance, do not know what else be called as good governance. Everybody congi is screeching about governance, but no congi dared to spell what is bad governance of KA, because there is none except "garbage" in their mind.

+1. Good post.

All the other whines are either jealousy or agendas.
rkirankr
BRFite

Post by rkirankr »

sidharamaiah most likely to be CM I guess. Cheap beef in KA
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

It will be a bold day if they make sidharamiah as CM. What a great party hopper he was and he was inches close to join BJP at one time.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

TVR Shenoy being brilliant as usual

[quote=http://www.rediff.com/news/report/colum ... 130510.htm]BJP follows Congress path of ruin[/quote]

If the BJP government in Karnataka's [ Images ] activities fostered dissidence, the Gadkari era saw the same sin crop up elsewhere, notably in Uttarakhand [ Images ].'
Click here!

'Gadkari's leadership saw the BJP drift away from its moral moorings,' argues T V R Shenoy.

Read it in full. Very good write up.
rkirankr
BRFite

Post by rkirankr »

FWIW
[ur=http://newindianexpress.com/states/karn ... 57436.ecel]Rise in assets of Siddu's family[/url]
shaardula
BRF Oldie

Post by shaardula »

how is siddaramiah a great party hopper muppalla? until he was kicked out of jds by hdd, he was with the janata party and always outside of cong. when he got kicked out, he was approached by both bjp and cong. by the time he joined cong, he was already a political heavy-weight.

from what is known of him he's not a personality worshiping type and not a yes sir type of guy. he has his ideas and will speak his mind. he would have continued with jds, where he had a free reign, if not for hdd's late onset of paternal instincts. even now he speaks fondly of ramakrishna hegde and jh patel.

how this type of an independent guy will lead congress will be interesting. even now if you hear him talk, he instinctively addresses cong in third person.

also, before the elections he declared that this will be last time he will stand for elections.
shaardula
BRF Oldie

Post by shaardula »

kmkraayre,
how about border denotification ittyadi? apart from ysr as their patron uncle, lets not forget their dilli chachi sushma swaraj. There are people from all parties in the mining business, lad family and deekeshi etc.

i dont know why people like reddys and sriramulu etc have to be put on a pedestal.

in anycase what is the logic here? we have always had this problem, so since this is our guy adding to it, lets give them a pass?
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

shaardula wrote:kmkraayre,
how about border denotification ittyadi? apart from ysr as their patron uncle, lets not forget their dilli chachi sushma swaraj. There are people from all parties in the mining business, lad family and deekeshi etc.

i dont know why people like reddys and sriramulu etc have to be put on a pedestal.

in anycase what is the logic here? we have always had this problem, so since this is our guy adding to it, lets give them a pass?
Gali brothers thought that YSR is needed for AP and to care of Center. They wisely choose SS to take care of main opposition, and they poured money so that they get a favorable govt in KA, even they financed operation kamala so that they will rule AP-KR border like kings.

During BJP-JDS rule, he is just FM, no access to solid intel on things of Bellary area. But when he become same, once initial dust settle (1 year) he sensed what is going on in Bellary mining area.

Regarding Sir Ramulu. Gali brothers started their rise with Ennoble India (Peerless like NBF), wisely they started some investment in mining area. During those times, there were rumors afloat in Bellary area that Gali brothers will bite dust, but it did not happen. For political clout, they need to counter Diwakar Babu, and they took help or Sri Ramulu who is the leader of one of biggest under-privileged area of Bellary, it gave them muscle and numbers. For political clout they took help of SS. Three incidents changed their fate, YSR coming to power (both are from Cuddapah areas), commodity boom, and decline of Janatadal and start of BJP in KA.

Their applecart turned down, when YRS mysteriously died. At the same time, humble Yeddy sensed the money flow in iron ore, he asked for his cut, by some extent demanding Gali brothers dievert a portion of cut thaty they are giving to SS et al, this bought Yeddy and SS (D4) in collision course, rest is history.

Two things have happened for fall of Yeddy: 1) YSR death 2) Collision with D4. Unfortunately, both happened at same period. Had BJP HQ shielded Yeddy and went on offensive of YSR Congi legacy, definitely Dynasty had backed down, but it did not happened. BJP HQ aka D4 Gang instead of backing Yeddy, they too poked him, he was forced to resign. It became too personnel and egoistic for Yeddy and he took his revenge.

Remember, feeble cried that he had made that Sonia would have not let her people down etc. One silver lining is that Nara-Narayana or Chaanakya-Chandragupta (NaMo) knows this poly and Yeddy's strength and did not utter a single word against Yeddy and rumors are that they both admire each other.

The way LKA is telling he got moksha is condemnable, equally the way SS ditched Reddy bros at the hint of trouble. During that process, they lost credibility with BJP cadre across state and nation

My gut feeling is that, for any reason if NaMo fails, the strength of evil forces will multiply and Dharma and its followers will be in great danger. To counter that super negative force, may be Sri Hari has to take another Avatar to restore Dharmic path and to protect Dharmics. Coinciding to this situation, the global Armageddon may start - West vs China vs Islamic. This time its not simple WW1 or WW2. In that situation, the present Bharth needs some divine help. JMT. I am a pure 16-Anna Indian, cannot be elucidate or elaborate as many of BRFties, so ignore any errors.
shaardula
BRF Oldie

Post by shaardula »

another thing is, it is possible that when people look at parameshwarappa, siddaramiah, kharge, and even krishna, they donot immediately connect them to the various dilli congress' ghazni-esque pillage of public funds.

but with bjp the problem was active local leaders of bjp, while simultaneously swearing allegiance to somnath@GJ, were active pillagers of somanthpura in KA . ghaznis in our midst.

everybody knows all these guys are thieves. most of these guys in all parties are all individually rich. we all know that all these guys are personally rich through benami property owning, and cornering businesses etc. but there is a difference between smk type of misuse of public office to build a coffee empire and even a sign board empire, and reddy type of misuse.

ka has never seen a politician of sriramulu's kind, for example. have you seen that guy and tracked his record? he made his debut by organizing weavers in gadag. that is his captive vote bank. but based on what he's done since then, if somebody told me he eats babies for breakfast and doesn't even need pickles on the side, i would not be surprised.

another aspect is scale of numbers. mind boggling the numbers are. forget reddy bros. kumaraswamy is now supposed to be worth 1000 crores, atleast. he feels confident enough to declare this. dad only knows how much they have in undisclosed wealth. i've seen his folk campaining for 2013 way back in dec 2011 in interior mandya and mysore. not the cities, but the villages.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

shaardula wrote:how is siddaramiah a great party hopper muppalla? until he was kicked out of jds by hdd, he was with the janata party and always outside of cong. when he got kicked out, he was approached by both bjp and cong. by the time he joined cong, he was already a political heavy-weight.

from what is known of him he's not a personality worshiping type and not a yes sir type of guy. he has his ideas and will speak his mind. he would have continued with jds, where he had a free reign, if not for hdd's late onset of paternal instincts. even now he speaks fondly of ramakrishna hegde and jh patel.

how this type of an independent guy will lead congress will be interesting. even now if you hear him talk, he instinctively addresses cong in third person.

also, before the elections he declared that this will be last time he will stand for elections.
Whether he was kicked out for playing games or he hopped how does it differ? This person's selection is interesting from a very different strategy. INC is overhauling its social grouping in both KA and AP. You may differ and make AP and KA are different but I really see as very same.

The day they plotted jail for Reddys and Jagan, they also allowed Chiranjeevi in and made Siddi big. In KA as Lingayats are with BJP/Yeddi and Vokaliggas are with JDS, they may looking to create a new base. Off course minorities and dalits are mostly with INC in both states.
shaardula
BRF Oldie

Post by shaardula »

btw, without taking anything of r ashok's work, he is a decent guy and has the common sense to hold his peace when he sees a good thing going, the real architect of bmtc and subsequent ksrtc success is an ias babu - tripathi. that guy and the team he built with the stock he had, is responsible for seeding a proactive forward looking culture in the bmtc cadre. result is even dolts like shareef in bmtc are more open to new ideas and decency to hear criticisms.

the earlier consolidated state transport ksrtc, learnt from tripathi's bmtc. the only blessing for ka is its ias cadre - late baliga (electronics city-wale), tripathi, ravindra, manivannan, etc.,
Last edited by shaardula on 10 May 2013 20:44, edited 1 time in total.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

shaardula wrote:another aspect is scale of numbers. mind boggling the numbers are. forget reddy bros. kumaraswamy is now supposed to be worth 1000 crores, atleast. he feels confident enough to declare this. dad only knows how much they have in undisclosed wealth. i've seen his folk campaining for 2013 way back in dec 2011 in interior mandya and mysore. not the cities, but the villages.
1000 cr loot is actually honesty. The crony capitalist actually crossed 0.5 lac crores. Any party trying to escape them will bite the dust. BJP and Yeddi lost the plot for the same reason.

Things are little flux right now. LS2014 will be fought on how much money pull one can have. We can have ample opportunities to discuss these in about few months.

Good post both of you.
shaardula
BRF Oldie

Post by shaardula »

Muppalla wrote:
shaardula wrote:how is siddaramiah a great party hopper muppalla? until he was kicked out of jds by hdd, he was with the janata party and always outside of cong. when he got kicked out, he was approached by both bjp and cong. by the time he joined cong, he was already a political heavy-weight.

Whether he was kicked out for playing games or he hopped how does it differ? This person's selection is interesting from a very different strategy. INC is overhauling its social grouping in both KA and AP. You may differ and make AP and KA are different but I really see as very same.

The day they plotted jail for Reddys and Jagan, they also allowed Chiranjeevi in and made Siddi big. In KA as Lingayats are with BJP/Yeddi and Vokaliggas are with JDS, they may looking to create a new base. Off course minorities and dalits are mostly with INC in both states.
no siddu was not playing games. you are misreading him. one of those pesky guys with an idealogical center and a lawyer's instinct. he'll argue all day if need be. he's had these long arguments with the udupi matha with its history of not letting kanakadasa (kuruba) in. people with money have nataraja and ganapathi adorning their drawing rooms, he has kanakadaasa. once he gets into an argument, he'll dig deep. logical guy, who uses a lot of sarcasm and has an acerbic tongue. most acerbic guy in ka politics i would say. will grate bjp types all day any day. he'll keep appealing to your common sense and basic decency all day until you succumb. that is what he did to the udupi rectory. they have no stance left for their policies. if you take out the arbitrary veils, he is right they are wrong. they know it, he knows it.

his history is of being a guy of his own making (which he is). when he split from jds he thought of reviving a faction that patel had started. but he being obc, doesnt make sense in ka. cong base is his natural turf. but not cong style. not their vyakti-pooja culture. that is where the conflict will come from. and i'm guessing few years down the lane down the lane ka will revert of rajmata's pets like kharge.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Muppalla wrote:
shaardula wrote:another aspect is scale of numbers. mind boggling the numbers are. forget reddy bros. kumaraswamy is now supposed to be worth 1000 crores, atleast. he feels confident enough to declare this. dad only knows how much they have in undisclosed wealth. i've seen his folk campaining for 2013 way back in dec 2011 in interior mandya and mysore. not the cities, but the villages.
1000 cr loot is actually honesty. The crony capitalist actually crossed 0.5 lac crores. Any party trying to escape them will bite the dust. BJP and Yeddi lost the plot for the same reason.

Things are little flux right now. LS2014 will be fought on how much money pull one can have. We can have ample opportunities to discuss these in about few months.

Good post both of you.
Important point is BJP lost vote base and financiers in Karnataka. Any remaining Congress will clean vote bases and financiers up from now on. In AP, they not only don't have any financier also are hated from Orissa Border to Tamilnadu border. They committed hari-kiri for generational loss in AP. In Karnataka they shot themselves to lose all the vote base.

From all the most idiotic games by BJP in KA and AP, INC will compromise with Reddys in KA and Reddys in AP as they have to win most seats.

Around 120 seats in Southern states are gone out of BJP kitty. Karnataka that sent largest MPs for BJP has slipped away. As they can't win needed seats, Jayalalitha will be non-commital to throw support entirely as she can hob-nob with Third front.

Only silver-lining is BJP+KJP can beat INC so sooner they compromise with Yeddi/KJP, the better chance they have at least to win a few seats in South.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

Since independence from briturds, congress has steadily been reduced from pan Indian presence to being the largest party in the parliament.
It is inexorably being downhill since 1970s or so baring the brief sympathy wave.
It is more dependent on other allies to rule rather than on its own right.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
congress has not won in big states like GJ over 15 years, Bihar over 20+ years, Odisha over 15 years,UP over 30 years, TN more than 40 years, WB more than 40 years, MP over 10 years, CG >10 years, punjab >10 years etc.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In other states, it jostles for power alternatively with opposition ones- like Assam, RJ,MH,AP, KA,KL tc.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Money bag states are ones like GJ, AP KA Delhi, TN- congress good in all except GJ. TN oscillates at times. KA now slipped into congi grasp.
-----------------------------------------------------------

if you see the power and prestige of congress of yesteryears to now, former congress shed tears at sonia and her cabal for reducing it to this state.

The nightmare will end if you see the trend happening over years.

Reason is simple-- opposition ruled states are far far better in governance and less corruption than congis ruled states.
people definitely see a choice bettre than congis.

Hence the more shriller campaigns to elecit the captive vote banks and keep them happy.
the vote banks are the poorest sections of the society who are kept perpetually poor.

The holding onto vote banks is increasingly become problematic due to the emergence of casteist/minority religious parties who smell blood from congress.(hyenas preying on a decaying congress)

All these make congress more vicious and more out of line in ruling India. No wonder pressitutes, cbi SC judges, armed forces and other institutions are all enmeshed in congi politics.

Due to the above congress has been brazen to reduce prestige of India, misgovern, loot and do whatever they can to hold onto to the captive vote banks.
aiding the above is dictatorial attitude of teflon phamili to keep itself in power, cut down anyone challenging them.

we will see worse outcomes for India than anything seen in recent past before termite queen and her party go down.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

ShyamSP wrote: What can he do when he was left alone. To save himself, he resorted to INC and his caste.
Oh poor little Yeddi, bechara doodh peeta baccha, use kya maaloom.... All rationalization is hunky dory as long it serves to elect one's favorite party or defeat one's enemy party. If not for BJP or INC, Yeddi would have been so pure and would not have used caste. :rotfl: Even the Mighty Modi had to resign to the fact of accepting former BJP leaders back into the party - so that he can win elections.

Even if on paper, BJP supporters cannot come out and say they would not prefer a corrupt politician, and attach all evil to INC, external factors, D4 ityadi. Then why should aam admi worry about who rules? Because BJP will only swindle Rs 5 crores, while INC will swindle Rs50,000 crores.

Call it hypocrisy on the part of people, or human life; but the fact is humans how much ever corrupt at their own personal level, will pull down people who are corrupt - unless there are other factors - fears and desires that make them ignore their anger.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

IMO the lack of media is proving to be the Achilles heel. The C-system has dozens of media channels in English, Hindi and various regional languages. For every little thing they go into a beserk spin cycle until every body starts repeating the same thing.

Look at how Nityananda was treated, compared with the deafening silence on Church pedophilia.

And see how current news about Modi's address to NRIs never fails to mention the US-visa non-issue.

Ultimately perceptions matter more than facts.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

x-posted in wrong thread ...

Perceptions matter more than facts for the Chatterati/Gossipers and hence for non-entities like us who are weekend internet warriors. If it really mattered, how come Modi won 3 times in a row in Guj? First one was Godhra, Second was Akshardham - what about 3rd one where BJP's own ex-cm went against him and still drew a blank (yeah him not getting 2/3rd was considered victory!!).

Another thing, with MSM doing its dereliction of duty, others have stepped in and doing their job. SM (blogs/twitter/forums) is changing things differently. At least, people who blindly follow MSM are getting exposed. Infact, MSM itself is getting exposed and has lost its credibility.

Coming back to Modi/BJP., two ministers have resigned and BJP rightly pointed out - if they had resigned earlier - parl. session could have been saved. It was not, and now MSM is standing in tatters again (everybody knows that they are in it for TRP and money).

On the ground, it is a cold calculation of identity and entitlement based politics and getting the numbers swayed one way or other. At the end of the day it is as Clinton famously said "It is the economy, stupid!". In a good economy, voters are less likely to change the government. 2009 was a good economy for India and less likely to change. It all depends upon how economy does in 2014.

And in India, economy is not defined as whether a IT-Vity guy feels the pinch or not. It is defined as if the lower-middle and the lower-class is able to get its potatoes and onions and water. So much gloom is because of the rampant inflation.

I think FSB should be allowed to pass by BJP with some amendments that allows states some maneover. That way, even if the grain price goes down, the price of vegetables goes up! Oil, dhal, moong, potato, onions, kothmir, mint, tomato, ginger becomes dearer and the voter will not be satisfied with entitlements and boot the government out.

FSB can then be amended (or curtailed) to tame the inflation again. It is a game of cat and mouse and definitely politics is not for the faint-hearted!
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

SwamyG wrote:
ShyamSP wrote: What can he do when he was left alone. To save himself, he resorted to INC and his caste.
Oh poor little Yeddi, bechara ...
So it was you SwamyG that gave cinkara to Yeddi. :rotfl:
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

Usually, after a debacle like the BJP witnessed in Karnataka, the state party chief, the national party chief, and other 'leaders' involved in that election, resign "accepting moral responsibility". Then the party workers wail and cry en masse in front of the leader's house, and the leader 'reluctantly' agrees to take back the resignation.

I am hoping L K Advani, Ananth Kumar, and other BJP stalwarts who have been guiding the party in Karnataka for the last several years follow this script now. :wink:
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

disha wrote: So it was you SwamyG that gave cinkara to Yeddi. :rotfl:
I wish brahma had given him good buddhi.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

time for a purge-lite ion the bhajpa parliamentary board and thereafter in the rest of the sangathana.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Kakkaji wrote:Usually, after a debacle like the BJP witnessed in Karnataka, the state party chief, the national party chief, and other 'leaders' involved in that election, resign "accepting moral responsibility". Then the party workers wail and cry en masse in front of the leader's house, and the leader 'reluctantly' agrees to take back the resignation.

I am hoping L K Advani, Ananth Kumar, and other BJP stalwarts who have been guiding the party in Karnataka for the last several years follow this script now. :wink:
they known they wont be crying for them to take back the resignation
Yogesh
BRFite

Post by Yogesh »

disha wrote: <snip>

Coming back to Modi/BJP., two ministers have resigned and BJP rightly pointed out - if they had resigned earlier - parl. session could have been saved. It was not, and now MSM is standing in tatters again (everybody knows that they are in it for TRP and money).

On the ground, it is a cold calculation of identity and entitlement based politics and getting the numbers swayed one way or other. <snip>
Apparently this whole brouhaha seems to be
a- show mms his place (for giving indication that he is till willing to go for 3rd term without almighty blessings),
b- Eyebee seems to have done some tapping on phonawa of phansal miya and his jelatives on which no rent was reserved for palace (in fact some pretty delogatory references were made too :P :mrgreen: , that made Q angry :D and go all out )

tettar seems to a buzz with all this and seems back side audit of kala hera loot seems to indicate biggest beneficiaries were not the one intended to be..more to come :eek:
member_20292
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20292 »

Muppalla wrote:Without understanding completely regarding how elections are contested and how voters are swayed into voting for a particular candidate we resort to following:

(1) anti-incumbency
(2) EVM magic
(3) Middle classes sit at home

In about 60% of the country the fundamentals of elections mechanism of 1980s and 1990s did not change. It is about effective use of caste and money. How money is used is a huge topic. I spent two times in life with a candidate of primary party and went through the nitty-gritty of election campaign. Anti-corruption campaign or pro-governance campaigns are only catalyst and does not contribute even 2% to election victory.
So,

essentially, the US, with its legalized lobbies, does the same as India?

Thus. India, with Amb**nis bribing RG, or other titans bribing other politicians, are essentially doing the same thing as in the US; i.e; lobbying and paying for campaigning.

THere seems to be good ground for another round of electoral reform, with lobbying being legalized in India.