Positive News from the USA

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Re: Positive News from the USA

Post by shiv »

Freeing children from bondage, Maryland style
Zakieya Avery, 28, and Monifa Sanford, 21, have told investigators that they believed evil spirits moved successively between the bodies of the children, aged one and two, and that an exorcism was needed to drive the demons out. The women also reported seeing the eyes of each of the children blackening.

After the attempted exorcism, they showered, cleaned up the scene and "prepared the children to see God". The children's two older siblings, a five-year-old girl and an eight-year-old boy, were also found injured with stab wounds at the house in Germantown.

Avery is the mother of all four children. The girl remains in critical condition but the boy was being prepared for release from hospital on Tuesday afternoon. They might have died had a neighbour not called emergency services to the scene, police said.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

shiv wrote:I would urge ...
It is amazing how much wisdom (apart from bird watching) a single round of gowf can bring. Young'uns should watch and learn.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

BLACK PEOPLE IN AMERICA ARE BETTER FED THAN WHITES

Blacks in America are better fed than white people, and what's more, food is free, paid for by the taxpayer.

This is because an average US prison meal is MORE nutritious than a public SCHOOL one, and a huge number of those blacks live in US prisons
Karan Dixit
BRFite

Post by Karan Dixit »

Ashok Sarraff wrote:KJoishy,

To answer your question, ultimately this thread will become the Penis of USA.

Remember UB was the father of the original penis thread.
In a true spirit to honor P. E. N. I. S., I propose we name this thread to V. A. G. I. N. A.

Here is what I could come up with:

V = Very
A = Altruistic
G = Godlike
I = Inspiring
A = America

But, I think we need to improve upon it. With all the madarsa educated scholars on this board, it should not be too hard to come up with something brilliant like Pakistan Enlightened Nuclear Islamic State (PENIS).
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

Before we start reporting on matters of great urgency, lets describe in some detail the terminology relevant to us. For an anniversary of sorts is at hand (no, not the one you are thinking of, and no points for guessing what anniversary either).

As you know a great body of literature was eventually collected by collating communal wisdom of the west in the more familiar matter. Here is a start for the re-discovery of the new world:

reading matter (noun. printed document): opinions differ widely on its use. I am partial to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Const ... page_1.jpg. Uses of reading matter also depends on where it is used.

mirror (noun, reflective surface): an object of great importance to men, which recent medical advice deems daily use necessary for a healthy ego. Dangerous if used by women, and substance abuse by women is rampant.

browning (adjective, stature reduction): from Brown (noun, short statured); technological mastery developed in the west better situate dark, rice eating people.

tanning (adjective, stature elevation): from tan (noun, of fair and lovely complexion); bed based technology for fair skinned individuals to look like brown people. Has no impact on stature.

sarcasm (noun, meaning unknown): like wit, wisdom and irony, the meaning has long been lost in time to the educated masses. Rarely used concept.

shirt (noun, object prone to tearing and poop-splattering): commonly used taunt to distract from matter at hand (has also led to meme of the kind "are you shirting me?" and "don't shirt me, bro".

Two-poop theory (noun, validated by Dr. Sastry in Bangalore, Kerala): Validated (in the lesser-known Bangalore city of Kerala state) in an over two-decade long study approved by institutional review boards of Staningham University and Birminghford College, this is a well-established concept or set of ideas that first identified how intellectual capacity is directly correlated to an individual's ability to produce poop that sinks. A corollary states that short statured people produce floating poop. Whether melanin content of the skin has a direct correlation with poop density is still the subject of intense debate. In common usage (e.g. "According to two-poop theory", or "matter decided in accordance with two-poop theory").

Please contribute (sparingly). Editorial material will be contributed weekly. Regularly once-daily scheduled programming will begin (our news reporters having obtained somewhat of a scoop) soon.

Hussain HankPsnky
U-NSN
Silicone Valley Wilds
(Limited unpaid, unnamed, uncredited internship positions available)
Karan Dixit
BRFite

Post by Karan Dixit »

shiv wrote:BLACK PEOPLE IN AMERICA ARE BETTER FED THAN WHITES

Blacks in America are better fed than white people, and what's more, food is free, paid for by the taxpayer.

This is because an average US prison meal is MORE nutritious than a public SCHOOL one, and a huge number of those blacks live in US prisons
I always knew it. All those hypes about disenfranchised blacks in America was simply a product of Eastern propaganda against V.A.G.I.N.A.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

Karan Dixit wrote:
shiv wrote:BLACK PEOPLE IN AMERICA ARE BETTER FED THAN WHITES

I always knew it. All those hypes about disenfranchised blacks in America was simply a product of Eastern propaganda against V.A.G.I.N.A.
Karan,

We want an inclusive, harmonious discussion of facts. Let us resist the temptation of acronyms and unpublishables. This is what shirting and mirroring are all about. Let the wisdom of first 256 pages settle in. Hindsight is so named for a reason. Time has ways of making any color skin look equally foolish. Words are immortal once they eacape the fingers.

Hussain HankPsnky
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Please move if inappropriate.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/01/2 ... Went-Wrong

The workings of the asset forfeiture machine were partially revealed in the deposition of Vincent Kelly, DEA Special Agent in the New England office asset forfeiture unit. He testified under oath that his job was to look for high-dollar property with no mortgage to be forfeited. Kelly explained clearly how he checked the Registry of Deeds "to find out who owns the property and how much equity is on the property." Then, the DEA would contact local police to see how many drug arrests or other serious crimes been committed on the property.
Kelly said it was DEA policy to deal only with property worth at least $50,000.00. With Caswell Motel's worth between $1.5 and $1.8 million dollars, it was ripe for forfeiture since many drug arrests had occurred there.

In another sign that the motel had been the target of selective prosecution, defense attorneys and the Lowell Sun also uncovered evidence that at one point, narcotic officers and police made more arrests on the premises of Walmart, IHop, and Home Depot, nearby businesses also located off I-95 on Main Street. From 2010-2012, the attorneys said 19 drug arrests were made at Caswell Motel, with 24 drug arrests on Walmart's premises, 14 at Home Depot and five each at Applebee's and Burger King. But those are all deep-pocketed corporations with legions of lawyers; the Caswell family and its motel was not.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

US definitely lays out the welcome mat - see the comments also.

http://disinfo.com/2013/12/new-mexico-w ... -s-border/
http://disinfo.com/2013/11/another-vict ... s-forward/

cavity search seems to be a real fetish among the fed agencies
vic
BRF Oldie

Post by vic »

Texas is becoming famous for using cavity search as an instrument of police brutality. And May Couple would have ordered this procedure knowing well the humiliation that will be caused to Devyani as it is a controversial procedure in USA itself.

Officer who forced dozens of anal cavity searches for fun gets only 2 years in prison

http://dailycaller.com/2013/12/29/judge ... ts-anuses/

http://boingboing.net/2013/12/29/office ... -of-a.html
vic
BRF Oldie

Post by vic »

Texas state troopers caught on camera probing women's privates aren't isolated incidents: lawyers

Multiple highway patrol officers in Texas have been captured by dash cams doing 'unconstitutional' cavity searches on women's genitals during traffic stops. Lawyers and civil rights advocates say the 'mind-boggling' searches are all too common.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... z2rJaltYX9

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.1414668
vic
BRF Oldie

Post by vic »

In USA one does not need to watch Miss USA on TV, they get to rape them for free

http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/2011/04 ... uJO_BC6aM8

My daughter had the same thing happen to her. Why is it they can basically secually assualt her and get away with it. The TSA agent stuck her hands down her pantm both in the front and the back!! She called me crying histerically!! We need to speak out and stop thin atrosity of legalized sexual assualt!!!!!
vic
BRF Oldie

Post by vic »

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013 ... o-deputies

Minutes earlier, four deputies — three men and a woman — had pulled her to the ground and carried her into the cell, where they quickly and forcibly stripped Holmes and walked out with her clothes.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Wo ... 75511.html
vic
BRF Oldie

Post by vic »

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas ... 010891.php

The city and five other defendants - including the two officers - have agreed to pay $75,000 to settle a lawsuit by Keyarika Diggles, who was arrested in May on suspicion of unpaid traffic tickets.

Police station video showed Diggles, 25, being wrestled to the ground by officers Ricky Grissom and Ryan Cunningham, while dispatcher Lindsey Davenport watched. The two officers then dragged her by the leg into a holding cell.

According to a statement by Diggles' attorney, Cade Bernsen, she was left on the floor for hours without medical attention and was subjected to a strip search.

Grissom and Cunningham were fired by City Council shortly after the May 5 incident. Davenport, who apparently conducted the search, was fired later. Bernsen criticized Davenport as not qualified to perform the search.
vic
BRF Oldie

Post by vic »

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mcdonalds-s ... -gets-61m/

McDonald's Strip Search Victim Gets $6.1M
vic
BRF Oldie

Post by vic »

And USA strip searches little kids in school

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2013/11/19/ ... After.aspx

The suit says Ms. Neal stated that, acting under the direction of Ms. Rogers, she "had been removing all of the minor plaintiff's clothes on a daily basis for several weeks, looking at all areas of the minor plaintiff's body, including her genitals."
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

the poor and weak have been set upon by state machinery....a mix of sadists allowed to enter positions of uncontrolled power...lack of any judicial or executive oversight for remedy of these patterns...and the rich and powerful uncaring of what happens to the poor and weak.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

It's like the state is conspiring to break the spirit of an entire underclass and peripheral society. It's a human rights nightmare unfolding every day in USA. It's perhaps the only country in the world where the spirit of the weaker sections have been broken so effectively and thoroughly that there is nary a squeak or a rebellion. What's happening in USA is very sinister and a very tragic situation for entire human race.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Mr Vic, Mr Singha ,Mr Habal and any other nosy turd world do-gooders out to reform American Justice system...
The artecals and the comments you posted have no relevance in this thread unless you provide the well deserved positive spin to the proud American tradition of "The Cavity search".
Let me make it clear at the outset, so that there will be no further confusion on this issue going ahead.

The Cavity search is a time honoured American tradition, completely harmless and in almost all cases a beneficial and pleasurable experience. An example from the critically acclaimed and academy award winning Hollywood movie "Crash" (2004) is provided below.

^
The newly immigrated( I.e not "All American" yet) Srilankan Buddhist (brownie) couple pleasuring themselves in a driving car could have caused a reckless accident.
Not to fret.The American justice system comes to the rescue ,
Manifested in an "All american" football Jock police officer herrow who pleasures the lady with his deft hands on the road side in a completely safe and harmless way. Only that the lady doesnt realize that it was a pleasurable experience done from the goodness of the heart of the "All American" police officer , till she is saved by him from a crash at the end of the movie. Alls well that ends well.

See ...this is fear is not uncommon in newer immigrants to America. Some oddballs fresh off the boat ,who undergo cavity search for the first time "imagine" pain and degradation from it. But they themselves testify to its effective ness as a pleasure giving and tension relieving tool in their subsequent experiences.

This fact is attested to by the millions of never complaining americans who regularly undergo cavity searches for a fullfilling (literally!) and completely safe way of releasing builtup tension in their bodies.
The few sociopaths you quoted in your artecals railing against cavity searches dont know what they are missing and are a few bad apples jealous of the pleasures large number of american citizens derive from our time honoured traditions of American Justice system ,
I need not remind you that American Justice system happens to be the greatest in this world much to the envy of the rest, and is respectfully and reverently accepted with "pleasure" by a proud people with the oldest democratic lineage in the world.

PS : For complete definition of "All american" please to privately consult Mr TSJones .
Below is an usage example for this important phrase in a recent example in mainstream .
Paul Walker, 'Fast & Furious' Star, Dead in Car Crash at 40
By mattmcd Nov 30, 2013 9:59 PM Yahoo Movies
Paul Walker, the edgy action hero with all-American good looks who became an international star with "The Fast & the Furious" movie franchise, has died in a fiery car collision in Southern California. He was 40 years old.
The sad news was confirmed Saturday night by Walker's camp via the actor's official Twitter account.
http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-new ... 30737.html

PPS : American movies and specifically Fast and Furious franchise (in which Mr Paul Walker acted as a Herrow) are not responsible for this unfortunate incident.
member_28352
BRFite

Post by member_28352 »

Hushhhhhh you lousy turd worlders. Whaddya think, we do cavity searches. Na nevah..... We only do patdowns. You godawfull neurotic easily excited fobs.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

^
Mr, don't argue on seblantics ,
Cavity search can also be done with clothes on (especially if the ladies clothing is silky/velvety/sheer etc).
In this case its sometime called a pa(r)t down search.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

I am shocked at this propaganda against US Law Enforcement. It should be obvious that these CSs are done with the pure and altruistic aims of delivering pleasure, providing the possibility of a large cash bonus from the taxpayers later, and to support the legal community and Porsche dealerships. e.g., DK case seems headed for many $$M to be paid by US taxpayers to feed the poor and hungry in India, or fewer $$M to be paid to poor and hungry Cong netas to forget the rest of the $$M. Also dropping several judgements against assorted Babus, and maybe against SG.
This is ALL in the interests of greater US-India friendship, collaboration etc. Planned and delivered by the US of A.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

http://dailycaller.com/2013/12/29/judge ... ts-anuses/

I believe the story connected to the link above (already posted earlier in this thread), needs further, how shall I put it, examination... I take a few random quotes from there, starting with the headline: "Unbelievably lenient sentence for cop who fingered suspects’ anuses"

"some say the officer — and his cohorts — who repeatedly and illegally shoved his fingers up black male suspects’ anal cavities got off with a light sentence" (Some say...)

"lack of a warrant or a medical degree did not stop Vagnini from sticking his fingers inside a 15-year-old boy’s anus and touching his genitals during a traffic stop" (I don't get how this works. When someone stops at a red light this chap runs up and sticks his finger up their butts???)

"One man, Keon Canada, was searched by Milwaukee police on four separate occasions. They searched his buttcheeks and opened the front of his pants. No drugs were found" (Clearly in his case visa was not required. I wonder what the motive was).

"Vagnini rarely used gloves when he probed their anuses, the victims contend. He also stole personal items and laughed when asked to present a warrant" (Well, you have to admit it's funny. This guy is about to stick his fingers up their butts, and all the spreadeagled victim can do is ask for a search warrant... in which case it's OK of course)
Uttam
BRFite

Post by Uttam »

I am really not sure of the purpose of this thread. I understand there is a lot to be upset about the Diplomat's arrest. But all this thread can do is create animus between two countries which can only be in the interest of our common adversaries viz. Na-Pak and China. Neither democracy is perfect and we both have a lot to learn from each other. However, calling out names for each other is not the best way to learn.

I have been on Bharat-Rakshak for almost a decade now and very rarely post because I consider myself less informed than most other members here. But I feel strongly against the tone adopted on this thread. I hope more mature voices will prevail.

Best Regards.
symontk
BRFite

Post by symontk »

shiv wrote:I believe the Mumbai attacks could have been nipped in the bud if hotel waiters were allowed to carry guns. We need to take a cue from this.
Teachers need guns, says lawmaker whose son attended school with Colorado shooter
"We have armed security protecting banks and other valuables," Alan Gottlieb, president of the Second Amendment Foundation, told FoxNews.com. "Aren't our kids more valuable?"
The old slogan was
Matha, Pitha, Guru, Daivam (God)

The new slogan is
Matha, Pitha, Police, Daivam (God)
symontk
BRFite

Post by symontk »

shiv wrote:
And that IISc shooting where a professor was shot? That would never have happened if the prof had a Tavor with a laser sight to do the talking. And It would be so comforting to see armed waiters in your restaurant protecting you from Kasabs while serving you your kebabs. I am sure you wouldn't miss out leaving him a good tip for keeping you so secure while you have your dinner.
Priceless :lol:
symontk
BRFite

Post by symontk »

The argument of school attacks response would mean teachers will have guns is a stupid one. Now lets assume, there is an attack against US congress on likes of 26/11 or so, will US issue guns to US Congress folks

which might be a good one though
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Mr Uttam nonKhobragade ,

Please.
This is a positive news thread on USA.Nothing more.

I dont know how many generations you are from others casually referring to you as "All American" ( I'd say being on brf for 10 years should straight away subtract 10 years of your american stay in life building up to "All americanness" of your later generations) but as myself on the cusp of being "All American" shortly (since 20 years and just a half dozen generations to go) I deplore your questioning the purpose of this thread highlighting the positive aspects in the much reviled negative aspects in Americanness by rest of the jealous non american world.

Lilo son of Will son of Grace.
PS:Please to not ask the meaning of my name - American names don't have meaning.
Last edited by Lilo on 24 Jan 2014 20:50, edited 1 time in total.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Lilo wrote:
The Cavity search is a time honoured American tradition, completely harmless and in almost all cases a beneficial and pleasurable experience.
You may not believe it but the roots of cavity search for driving offences (such as speeding) have been derived from modern American research that was sparked by ancient Indian wisdom. Every Indian knows that a driving offender is suffering from "G**nd mein Khujli". The act of cavity search by US police officers physically relieves that khujli as fingers are inserted into the very places affected by said khujli. This ensures that driving offences are never committed again. It is a very kind and humane act.

Besides, if it's done in America, cavity searches must be right.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

I beleive that hakeem saab had done a quite wonderful piskology on Uttam nonKhobragade types previously. There is one token american in this forum and even if you multiply with 10 or 15, we would have 15 lurkers at the best and yet uttam nonKhobragade is dhoti shivering that this will "create animus about people of two countries" lol
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Uttam wrote:I am really not sure of the purpose of this thread....
This thread serves **exactly** the same purpose as the India Ink Blog on the New York Times website.
http://india.blogs.nytimes.com/

It promotes mutual understanding.
Karan Dixit
BRFite

Post by Karan Dixit »

Karan,

We want an inclusive, harmonious discussion of facts. Let us resist the temptation of acronyms and unpublishables. This is what shirting and mirroring are all about. Let the wisdom of first 256 pages settle in. Hindsight is so named for a reason. Time has ways of making any color skin look equally foolish. Words are immortal once they eacape the fingers.

Hussain HankPsnky
I was exposing Eastern propaganda against the US. Relax!

---

BTW, this thread is supposed to be about positive news about the US but I see too many negative links. Not good.
Karan Dixit
BRFite

Post by Karan Dixit »

Theo_Fidel

Post by Theo_Fidel »

Is this a steam let off thread or a down the rabbit hole thread?
member_28352
BRFite

Post by member_28352 »

^^^We don't do holes here in America, only cavities. Harumpppppp...
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

At the end of the Rabbithole there is a Wonderland for Alice.
At the end of the Shithole there is Freedom from Shawshank.
At the end of the Blackhole there is Salvation for Briturds.
At the end of the Warphole there is a New World for Captain Kirk.

Which hole now Hain ji?
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

Hopefully this has contributed some positivity to the less positive members.
Is this a steam let off blog or a down the rabbit hole blog?

-------------------------

I am really not sure of the purpose of this blog. I understand there is a lot to be upset about those pesky Indians. But all this blog can do is create animus between two countries which can only be in the interest of our common adversaries viz. Na-Pak and China. Neither democracy is perfect and we both have a lot to learn from each other. However, calling out names for each other is not the best way to learn.

I have been on Bharat-Rakshak for almost a decade now and very rarely post because I consider myself less informed than most other members here. But I feel strongly against the tone adopted on this blog. I hope more mature voices will prevail.

--------------------------