Geopolitics/Geoeconomics Thread - June 2015

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
drnayar
BRFite

Re: Geopolitics/Geoeconomics Thread - June 2015

Post by drnayar »

Cyrano wrote: 20 Dec 2023 00:11 We should be in no hurry to become no 1 etc in economic or military terms. Being a Chakravarty comes with it's own burdens and won't last forever...

The world is a big place, technology is a great leveler. What Bharat should aim for is prosperity for itself, be in very good relations with at least two of the top 5 in a multipolar world, and be very influential with the global south. And build a multi layered défense with economic interdependence with all major players, and a strong domestic MIC.

Let US and China fight for the top dog spot with their MAD policies. We will watch and have curry.
if you are not going up , you are going down. There is nothing like a static position. India should and would be aiming to be the largest economy in the world as it was long back.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Some huge realignment is going on between the big Four: US, China, India, and Russia. The Ukraine War has reduced UK, France, and Germany to non-entities. Japan is trying to.find itself but faces a huge China.
bala
BRF Oldie

Post by bala »

If we presume the four major powers of the world are US, China, India, and Russia, then we can game the system to see where things would stand in terms of a military tussle, economic clout etc.

For India taking on China in terms of a tussle, can be aided by the US and Russia, though they would actively try to dispel they are working together. India has no desire to take on US or Russia, militarily. Russia might not want to be seen aiding India against China but they can help with supplies if needed. The US is willing to side with India. On economic front, India's largest market is the US and the US has already started the process to defang China economically. The Russian market is receptive to Indian goods, besides supplying oil/fertilizer to India. India lacks oil and lacks some high tech knowhow. India over time will become the manufacturer of choice for the world, in Pharma, India is already there.

For Russia, they already are at war with the US in Ukraine. Russia has no immediate plans to take on either India or China militarily. Russia is wary about border skirmishes with China. In terms of economics, the US has already placed Sanctions on Russia. China's goods are being sold to Russia, they may be some goods from India. Russia has robust oil/fertilizer sales to China and India. Russia's economic strength happens to be in military hardware, commercial goods is very weak.

For China to take on the US, India is not going to play ball. China has Russia as its only support. China does not want to take on Russia in terms of a tussle, maybe some minor border dispute. China can take on only India and US. However as seen in the Ukr tussle, Russia is managing without China's help in terms of military (they can't add any value because China copied stuff from Soviet Union), they could be helping in terms of goods supply in the economic sense. China's economic downtrend is happening because it lost the US market for consumption of its goods. After Covid/Kungflu the world is abhorent to China goods. Taking on the US, would be disastrous for China, even with Russian help. Russia is too smart to get involved.

For US they can take on anyone. Right now in the Ukraine war example they have managed to have NATO at the doorsteps of Russia (in Finland, Sweden, Norway) and Ukraine is their little bulldog fighting Russia. Taking on China, would be disastrous turn for China, since all their new fangled weapons will be destroyed overnight, their submarines sunk, aircraft carriers sunk and their PLA airforce decimated. US has no visible intent of taking on India in terms of military, they have so many joint exercises with India. Economically they are dependent on India to be their manufacturing hub. However, when India becomes #1 GDP this could all change but that is some time down the road. The US has no problem letting India be #2 and supplanting the Chinese. The US high tech commerce is very strong - aircrafts, weapons, telecom, etc.
hgupta
BRFite

Post by hgupta »

X-posting from the Understanding China thread:

Unless India secures its own energy supplies, produces its own engines, and semiconductors, India will remain a small player despite its size and economy. It has to show that it is capable of withstanding blackmail attempts and still achieve its national goals. That means Modi cannot buckle under the onslaught by US and Canada wrt Khalistanis. If necessary, India must openly declare a dead or alive bounty on Pannu and his co-conspirators.

Therefore, India remains lower on the pecking order.
drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

https://worldview.stratfor.com/situatio ... id-ukraine

The U.S. Biden administration is supporting an effort to seize more than $300 billion in frozen Russian Central Bank assets in Western nations and use the funds to aid Ukraine's war effort, The New York Times reported on Dec. 22

Essentially stealing another country's wealth just because it used their finance system.

Another name for daylight robbery by the biggest robber in history
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

bala
BRF Oldie

Post by bala »

The Geopolitical Predictions - USA, Russia, Bharat, Qatar with Dr. Ankit Shah

drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

Russia if it comes out victorious could well emerge as a nimbler superpower with asymmetric power capabilities .. they have been good at innovation and so it will be. Europe is dead., the US bled it off to enrich themselves in this war.

A new "middle east" has come to Europe ..a "middle west" where a low intensity conflict will go on forever. Europe finally has what it had been doing long back.. to countries in Asia and the middle east., right at their door step
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

ricky_v
BRFite

Post by ricky_v »

https://thehill.com/opinion/internation ... eave-iraq/
On Jan. 4, 2024, the U.S. assassinated Mushtaq Jawad Kazim al-Jawari, a commander in an Iran-linked Iraqi militia. The Pentagon press release called the militia a “terrorist group” and claimed the strike was in “self-defense.” But it neglected to mention the militia was also part of the Popular Mobilization Forces (PMF), an Iraqi government body that falls under the Ministry of Defense.

U.S. bases in Iraq and Syria have been attacked over 100 times since October 2023. Retaliation by the Americans is fair enough, but killing a senior Iraqi commander near the anniversary of the assassinations of Soleimani and Muhandis is professional malpractice, as it looks like the killing was approved with no concern for the consequences (though some may think it was a clever warning to others).

The Pentagon produced no “ticking bomb” rationale for the killing and would have shouted it from the rooftops if it existed. The Pentagon killed Jawari because it could.
If the two sides eventually do talk, the Americans will very likely delay and delay — and then threaten Baghdad by increasing restrictions on Iraq’s foreign currency reserves held by the U.S. Federal Reserve.

The Iraqis may push past that and demand a publicly announced schedule, though Washington will want to keep the details secret for “operational security” (i.e., to avoid mocking TikTok videos of the evacuation).

Evacuating Iraq will threaten support for the U.S. troops in Syria, which the Pentagon claims are there to ensure the “enduring defeat” of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS). In reality, with ISIS being defeated in 2019, the troops are really there to someday support a coup against the Bashar al-Assad government in Damascus, and to provide security for the extraction of oil, natural gas and wheat from Syria’s northeast. The American looting of Syria’s wealth — what the Bolsheviks called “expropriation” — recalls Gen. Smedley Butler: “I was a racketeer; a gangster for capitalism.”

If the supply line to the U.S. bases in Iraq is severed, the U.S. presence in Syria is threatened; this will please Damascus, Tehran and Baghdad, as the U.S. troops there are the cause of local instability, not a preventative. Washington will carp about increased Iranian influence in the region, but it was the U.S.-led 2003 invasion of Iraq that handed Iraq to Iran on a salver.

It has been 20 years since America disrupted the region by attacking Iraq based on lies: that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, and that Iraq was cooperating with al-Qaeda. America is still respected in the region for its many achievements, even though it brings violence and chaos in its wake — but in this case, its absence may help local hearts grow fonder.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

ricky_v wrote: 14 Jan 2024 14:52 https://thehill.com/opinion/internation ... eave-iraq/
..recalls Gen. Smedley Butler: “I was a racketeer; a gangster for capitalism.”
'Imperialist Capitalism' would be more accurate..
chanakyaa
BRFite

Post by chanakyaa »

Smedley Butler on Interventionism
-- Excerpt from a speech delivered in 1933, by Major General Smedley Butler, USMC.
War is just a racket. A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of people. Only a small inside group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few at the expense of the masses.

I believe in adequate defense at the coastline and nothing else. If a nation comes over here to fight, then we'll fight. The trouble with America is that when the dollar only earns 6 percent over here, then it gets restless and goes overseas to get 100 percent. Then the flag follows the dollar and the soldiers follow the flag.

I wouldn't go to war again as I have done to protect some lousy investment of the bankers. There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

There isn't a trick in the racketeering bag that the military gang is blind to. It has its "finger men" to point out enemies, its "muscle men" to destroy enemies, its "brain men" to plan war preparations, and a "Big Boss" Super-Nationalistic-Capitalism.

It may seem odd for me, a military man to adopt such a comparison. Truthfulness compels me to. I spent thirty- three years and four months in active military service as a member of this country's most agile military force, the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from Second Lieutenant to Major-General. And during that period, I spent most of my time being a high class muscle- man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the Bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism.

I suspected I was just part of a racket at the time. Now I am sure of it. Like all the members of the military profession, I never had a thought of my own until I left the service. My mental faculties remained in suspended animation while I obeyed the orders of higher-ups. This is typical with everyone in the military service.

I helped make Mexico, especially Tampico, safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefits of Wall Street. The record of racketeering is long. I helped purify Nicaragua for the international banking house of Brown Brothers in 1909-1912 (where have I heard that name before?). I brought light to the Dominican Republic for American sugar interests in 1916. In China I helped to see to it that Standard Oil went its way unmolested.

During those years, I had, as the boys in the back room would say, a swell racket. Looking back on it, I feel that I could have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.
ricky_v
BRFite

Post by ricky_v »

Manish_P wrote: 14 Jan 2024 18:40
yeah, in the excerpt posted by chanakyaa ji a very poignant phrasing, the dollar gets restless and goes oversees, the flag (the government) follows the dollar and the soldiers follow the flag, the us policy for so many decades now in one short and convenient phraseology
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

ricky_v wrote: 15 Jan 2024 16:23
Manish_P wrote: 14 Jan 2024 18:40
yeah, in the excerpt posted by chanakyaa ji a very poignant phrasing, the dollar gets restless and goes oversees, the flag (the government) follows the dollar and the soldiers follow the flag, the us policy for so many decades now in one short and convenient phraseology
And there is nothing new in that... a few centuries ago their cousins-across-the-pond perfected the -

"We first send a priest with a few gifts for the natives, the priest will gift them to a few of the natives, convert them and turn them against the others, the rest of the natives will then kill the priest, then we use that excuse to send in our army to 'save' the converts & put them in charge, then the grateful converts will hand over the riches of the land to us as our just rewards"
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

India partnering with rise of Africa

sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Elon Musk supports UNSC seat for India

Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Musk is singing for his supper.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Pratyush wrote: 25 Jan 2024 08:38 Musk is singing for his supper.
Credit to be given to Nitin Gadkari/NaMo for making him sing and dance
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

I would trade a UNSC seat + Tesla setting up a plant in Bharat for Musk partially funding and sharing IP on a military jet engine.

Bharat has the Global South, so the UNSC seat is really meaningless unless they offer it in the next 3 months.

Tesla in Bharat will be nice, but a military jet engine would be far more meaningful.

And, I bet Musk can deliver a military jet engine far better than Safran/GE/RR/whoever (granted a military jet engine is a different beast than a rocket).
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1750 ... 59871.html
How dangerous propaganda using media has become tools of looters and scammers!! Another George Soros ... we need International laws

I think these are not random events. Western agencies are using our loopholes to infiltrate using NRIs/NGOs, use their legal system or brokerages to short and profit. The traitors get rewarded and under written/oral instructions they are obligated to invest in NGOs/Andolanjeevis to destabilize and do regime changes. We have to scrap FCRA or make it criminal to indulge in schemes
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

vijayk wrote: 25 Jan 2024 20:22 https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1750 ... 59871.html
How dangerous propaganda using media has become tools of looters and scammers!! Another George Soros ... we need International laws

I think these are not random events. Western agencies are using our loopholes to infiltrate using NRIs/NGOs, use their legal system or brokerages to short and profit. The traitors get rewarded and under written/oral instructions they are obligated to invest in NGOs/Andolanjeevis to destabilize and do regime changes. We have to scrap FCRA or make it criminal to indulge in schemes
Also remember Angela Merkals comments that it was a mistake to let India become so important in pharma production.

https://www.opindia.com/2021/04/angela- ... -of-world/

Also the article needs to be spell checked, this doesn't sound right "The Wire reporting went so absurd that it was slapped with a 100 Cr defecation case by Bharat Biotech and had to pull down 14 stories"
Defecation and defamation are two different things !!
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Global Trend Shows Younger Generation Shifting Towards Right in a Backlash Against Leftist Groupthink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES2wkWaRRKw
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://twitter.com/shellenberger/statu ... 0139926939

Pierre Omidyar, founder, Omidyar Network (left); "Correctiv" founder, David Schraven, at an anti-AfD rally on January 15 (center); Alex Soros, chair, Open Society Foundations (right)

Protesting German farmers are far-right conspiracy theorists aligned with Russia, according to German politicians and the media. Farmers are active on the private messaging app, Telegram, where “far right” voices dominate, according to a new report from Correctiv, a news and fact-checking site. The farmers are spreading “Russian propaganda” and “disinformation about Covid,” according to the article.

But the farmers aren’t far-right. They are protesting cuts to the agricultural vehicle and diesel subsidies upon which many farmers rely for their economic survival. The average German farmer earns just 33,500 Euros per year, one quarter less than the average German. Any additional costs could mean bankruptcy, especially for smaller family-owned farms.

It’s true that some of the concerns of the German farmers are unrelated to the subsidy cuts. Many farmers are angry about Covid restrictions, the destruction of the Nord Stream II pipeline, which cut off cheap natural gas to Germany, and the closure of nuclear plants. And the mainstream media note that a neo-Nazi group endorsed the farmer protests. “Stop the traitors of the people!” the group wrote on its website.

But the German Farmers Association explicitly rejected the group’s support, and many German farmers waved banners saying that “agriculture is colorful, not brown,” a reference to the brown shirts of the Storm Division of Hitler’s Nazi party.

Much else in the Correctiv article is false or misleading. The article does not specify what “Covid disinformation” the farmers spread. Nor does it offer any evidence of ties between the farmers and the Russian government, only that “some X accounts” that support the farmers wrote posts that “coincided with the methods of a pro-Russian propaganda network.”

Correctiv doesn’t mention that the worst perpetrators of Covid disinformation were the German government and news media, which claimed that those vaccinated would not get sick or transmit the disease. And the institutions with the clearest ties to the Russian government were the parties of Germany’s ruling coalition, which wholeheartedly embraced the building of the Nord Stream natural pipelines.

Today, concerns about energy prices and the government’s overreaction to Covid are broadly held among the German people and hardly “far right.” The loss of cheap nuclear power and natural gas due to the war in Ukraine and the destruction of the pipelines has resulted in the loss of major energy-intensive industries...
ricky_v
BRFite

Post by ricky_v »

https://chroniclesmagazine.org/featured ... -of-tears/
Last November, the Houthis—a Shiite armed group supported by Iran that has effectively won the decade-old civil war in Yemen—announced that they would attack Israeli-connected or allied ships in the Bab-el-Mandeb to express their support for Hamas and the Palestinian civilians in Gaza. To that end, they have used rather basic means: drones, simple missiles, and lightly armed speedboats. Although the damage from some two dozen such attacks has been light, they have forced some of the world’s largest shipping and oil companies to suspend transit through the Red Sea and direct their ships to sail around the Cape of Good Hope. This detour adds more than 3,000 miles and up to 10 days to the journey, increasing shipping costs from the Far East to Europe by at least 15 percent.

The attacks prompted the United States to organize “Operation Prosperity Guardian,” a 10-country ad-hoc naval coalition that initially included the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, the Netherlands, France, Italy, and Spain. France, Italy, and Spain later declined to participate in the Jan. 12 U.S. and British airstrikes against the Houthis, however, and declined to sign a coalition statement justifying the attacks. The sense of urgency was heightened on Nov. 19, when the Houthis hijacked the Galaxy Leader, a huge vehicle carrier registered in the Bahamas but partly owned by an Israeli businessman. On Dec. 31, 2023, four Houthi speedboats tried to board another cargo ship when U.S. Navy helicopters intervened, sinking three of them and killing 10 attackers. Consequently, on Jan. 5 this year, Danish shipping giant Maersk announced that its ships would avoid the Red Sea route “for the foreseeable future.”
Since the end of the Cold War, U.S. global strategy has focused on two imperatives. The first is maintaining open-ended dominance over international maritime routes by controlling the main oceanic chokepoints; the second is preventing any rival power from dominating its own continent. These two audacious objectives are currently implemented in the form of 11 carrier-centered battle groups and in the global network of some 750 bases in at least 80 countries all over the world, designed to prevent potential rivals from seeking to undermine U.S. primacy. The maintenance of permanent global primacy has never been rationally justified by its creators outside the ideological straitjacket of the claims of American exceptionalism and the maintenance of a “rules-based international order.”

Maintaining control over trade routes connecting Europe with Asia—especially the one from the Indian Ocean to the Mediterranean—is a conditio sine qua non of continued U.S. global hegemony. This is not unusual: There never existed a power capable of being globally dominant which did not impose its primacy on Eurasia first.

Then again, Iran is unwilling to give its detractors in Washington and Israel too many arguments to start advocating, yet again, a preemptive U.S. attack. A single, superannuated destroyer passing through Bab-el-Mandeb may look great on Iranian television, but it is irrelevant in the broader strategic picture. Both Iran and its detractors know that in the event of an American attack, they can close the Strait of Hormuz, which would be sure to cause oil prices to skyrocket. That would be an all-around minus-sum game.

For the time being, Iran will take note of the fact that in the U.S.-led task force to safeguard navigation in the Red Sea there are warships from eight NATO member countries but none from two major Asian powers—China and India—which have the biggest stake in keeping open the sea lanes between themselves and the markets in Europe and the Americas.

Therefore, the U.S. initiative should not be seen only as an exercise in managing freedom of navigation on behalf of “global commons” or only as a move to contain Iran. It is likely also meant to be a warning to BRICS, which welcomed new members on Jan. 1, that the U.S. Navy still manages world trade.

But does it? The point is that China has worked to neutralize U.S. technological advantages in world trade. Beijing has developed tactics that dramatically increase the costs of projecting U.S. force overseas, most notably in naval matters. Carriers are expensive (the USS Gerald R. Ford cost $14 billion), not to mention their costly planes and huge crews, but they are also unsafe in coastal waters and inland seas. In the event of war in the Pacific, a vast no-man’s-sea would be created between the Chinese coast and Guam, which would favor Beijing’s attack on Taiwan.
The U.S. government, in general, and the Pentagon, in particular, form a gigantic and unreformable bureaucracy. The rivals are identified and the theaters are as well, but operational concepts are missing. Planning is generic and abstract, focused on spatial dimensions such as sea and air rather than on adversaries. Training is tailored to yesterday’s enemies. Technological supremacy is less attainable than before. The Pentagon’s mission is no longer to maintain a technological advantage but to keep pace.

The U.S. Defense Department’s political masters in the White House and the State Department can no longer cobble together even a pretense of a “coalition.” The much-heralded Operation Prosperity Guardian has become an embarrassing fiasco, with virtually zero contribution from all nominally participating U.S. allies, save Britain, with a single destroyer. The Jan. 12 strikes on Houthi targets were a theatrical operation devoid of strategic substance, restrained by political considerations vis-à-vis the Arab world, and rendered meaningless by the terrain of Yemen and the dispersed matrix of the adversary
Finally, the unsolvable quandary of the U.S. policymaking cabal is that it cannot continue to pretend to be a benevolent defender of the “rules-based international order” while remaining, at the same time, an adamant and inflexible supporter of the current Israeli government. This “special relationship” is not good for America and it is certainly bad for Israel, which is seriously isolated for the first time in its history and devoid of ideas to manage its long-term security challenges.

America would be well advised to support an outcome in Yemen that promises regional stability and uninterrupted trade flows. Whose flag flies over Aden is immaterial, of course. To that end, it is in the American interest to offer Iran a new nuclear deal, one that is not much different from the old Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), from which the Trump administration withdrew in May 2018. In return, Tehran would rein in the Houthis, effectively and permanently this time.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

A quick summary of what's keeping the western elites worried in 2024 as so many countries go for elections:

NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

(AI generated:)

China's economic growth and global influence 00:01
India-China relationship - complex border dispute and deepening economic engagement. 02:27
China is trying to sustain its real estate sector 06:57
China's goal to become a world power by 2049 and the challenges it faces in achieving economic and military growth. 09:10
High cost of raising children and declining birth rates in China. 13:32
High youth unemployment could impact China's future 15:39
PLA increasing recruitment frequency 19:
India-China border dispute escalated due to casualties and Chinese incursion. 21:24
One Belt One Road initiative will progress slowly, without the same enthusiasm as it started. 25:21
China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) is more about geopolitical access than economic benefits. 27:25
Impact of 20th Congress of CCP on Chinese politics and external policy 31:34
Xi Jinping has strong support within the political structure. 33:39
Xi Jinping's third term and term limits 37:32
Changing alliances and relations in Europe and Asia 39:24
China's mind draws lessons from history and successful dynasties. 43:22
Understanding China's expansionist policies in a historical context. 45:23
Uncertainty about plans for a war with Taiwan 49:18
Need stability on the border and return to pre-2020 positions 51:06
Diplomacy's role in diffusing volatile situations 55:26
Diplomacy and military working together for resolving India-China border dispute. 57:19
Impatience in seeking quick solutions to India-China border dispute 1:01:12
India is seeking an understanding on the line of actual control with China. 1:03:08
India's focus on self-sufficiency in defense and increasing indigenous content in weapon systems. 1:07:06
China benefits from presence in the Indian Ocean 1:08:58
China's emergence as a world power and its interest in the Indian Ocean region 1:12:50
China is sensitive about the portrayal of their territory on maps. 1:14:41
Global supply chain diversification due to critical dependencies 1:18:45
China's dominance in chip production and its impact on global markets. 1:20:46
Cultural similarities between Indian and Chinese societies 1:24:41
Chinese have a sense of national pride and do not show much interest in interacting with Indians on social topics 1:26:45
China does not aspire for democracy 1:30:34
China is empowered to choose the next Dalai Lama. 1:32:30
bala
BRF Oldie

Post by bala »

NRao, Lt. Gen SL Narasimhan is quoting all official china's shanghai statistics. This is subject to huge errors. The consensus on the GDP figures for China is perhaps approx 1/2 of 17 T number. This 1/2 number is backed by metrics from other sources like intensity of night light across the nation. Their growth numbers are dubious and china's deceased prime minister Li Keqiang has alluded to the fudged numbers. Claiming 5% is ridiculous for the past year. The China economy which is facing real estate crisis (which is 29% of economy), export downturn, no FDI investment is coming to china, unemployment is raging high, Belt road is kaput, all these factors are very telling which indicates a huge slump. Effectively, the Growth is non-existent, perhaps -5%. I think the lt. gen. is playing things in a safe neutral tone without realizing the realities of China. Nothing of great gyan so far.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

US and Canada related:

Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

^^^ The usual chew-thiya questions wasting EAM's precious time, then bandied about as sensational and breaking with garish graphics and numbing sound track.

We will be like this only. sigh!
bala
BRF Oldie

Post by bala »

Cross posting:

Secrets of Deep State that are Hidden | Aadi Achint and Sanjay Dixit uncover the veiled mysteries behind the Deep State

Dixitji and Achintji have provided an outstanding expose of what is going on in the world and how things are being controlled by these hidden forces. Many people don't know about the deep state or pretend that one does not exist. Understanding who is behind the deep state and the kinds of dirty nefarious back room manipulation including assassinations of high profile people (e.g. kennedy, sadam hussein, gadafi, etc) carried out by deep state operatives is worth your time in this YT. Mind control and agenda control are the main goals of the deep state. The unofficial money stash that funds all activities is never reported anywhere and the wealth is of an order of magnitude higher than any official wealth statistics. BTW the initial seeding of this wealth came from looting two of the most prosperous nations in the world - Bharat and China. The Britshits committed the largest holocaust in Bharat via the deep state, to grow poppy for worldwide drug trade. They drugged the Chinese using the poppy grown in India and neighboring China territory.

The Deep state frowns on any concept that does not allow them to make money - independent things like ayurveda, homeopathy, native seeds for agriculture, making popular stuff not under their control, etc. Education, media, MICs, international institutes, banks, worldwide trade, political power and much more are under the deep state control. Protests, wars, are side distractions where money is laundered into legit stuff. ESG is a hook into global corporates to keep them in line.

Every Indian needs to understand the deep state to get a better understanding of geopolitics and geoeconomics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebSHZq-dIQ8
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Please cross-post as appropriate:

This is in addition to (an already operational) IMEC, while the Cristo-Islamo-Marxists are kicking dust along with the Yahudis.

Net security provider has an added dimension that the authors of that topic did not envision.

Amid Red Sea crisis, India gets a specific zone in Duqm Port
NEW DELHI : Oman has allotted a specific zone to India in the strategically located Port of Duqm, less than two
months after the visit of Sultan Haitham bin Tariq to New Delhi, a development that will help enhance India’s role
in the western and southern Indian Ocean region.

The move will augment the Indian Navy’s role as a net security provider amid the ongoing crisis in the Red Sea and
the western Indian Ocean region. The port provides a logistical base for India in the field of maritime cooperation. It
will also enhance India’s role as a first responder in humanitarian assistance and disaster relief, said people familiar
with the matter.

The development will add significantly to India’s growing footprint in the region where the Indian Navy plays a key
role in anti-piracy operations. Over the past few months, the navy has also assisted several vessels being hit by
Houthis from Yemen.

The port is easily accessible to the shipping lines catering to Indian as well as African markets. Access to the port
holds a strategic benefit for India as it overlooks the Gulf of Oman, Indian Ocean and Arabian Sea. It is located in the
Al Wusta governorate of Oman. Integrated into the special economic zone at Duqm and located 550 km south of
capital Muscat, it is equipped with a ship repair yard and dry dock facility.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

bala wrote: 05 Feb 2024 10:07 NRao, Lt. Gen SL Narasimhan is quoting all official china's shanghai statistics. This is subject to huge errors. The consensus on the GDP figures for China is perhaps approx 1/2 of 17 T number. This 1/2 number is backed by metrics from other sources like intensity of night light across the nation. Their growth numbers are dubious and china's deceased prime minister Li Keqiang has alluded to the fudged numbers. Claiming 5% is ridiculous for the past year. The China economy which is facing real estate crisis (which is 29% of economy), export downturn, no FDI investment is coming to china, unemployment is raging high, Belt road is kaput, all these factors are very telling which indicates a huge slump. Effectively, the Growth is non-existent, perhaps -5%. I think the lt. gen. is playing things in a safe neutral tone without realizing the realities of China. Nothing of great gyan so far.
I agree, this video and its contents are unfortunately rubbish. Using shanghai statistics to develop an entire narrative is an "undergraduate" error, unwittingly (at best) playing into chinese interests.

Hopefully someone brings this to MEA attention on social media. It is a pity the MEA is wasting taxpayer money funding the Institute of Chinese Studies, in which the retired jarnail Narasimhan has a position. His biosketch mentions him being a veteran of "Track 2 dialogues". It looks like he has carved out some kind of (dubious) niche as a "China expert" by virtue of having been a defense attache in China and being able to understand the language.

"NRao", please stop posting junk. Think critically before hitting that Submit button.
drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

https://unherd.com/newsroom/america-is- ... alisation/

The cat is out of the bag. After months of denial, it is now conventional wisdom that Germany — and Europe more generally — faces deindustrialisation due to the end of cheap Russian piped gas. “Germany’s Days as an Industrial Superpower Are Coming to an End,” reads a headline on Bloomberg.
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

How in the world is the GDP of Germany growing compared to India? Germany is in recession and growth rate of 0 or negative and Still their economy is shown as larger than India?
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

bala wrote: 05 Feb 2024 10:07 NRao, Lt. Gen SL Narasimhan is quoting all official china's shanghai statistics. This is subject to huge errors. The consensus on the GDP figures for China is perhaps approx 1/2 of 17 T number. This 1/2 number is backed by metrics from other sources like intensity of night light across the nation. Their growth numbers are dubious and china's deceased prime minister Li Keqiang has alluded to the fudged numbers. Claiming 5% is ridiculous for the past year. The China economy which is facing real estate crisis (which is 29% of economy), export downturn, no FDI investment is coming to china, unemployment is raging high, Belt road is kaput, all these factors are very telling which indicates a huge slump. Effectively, the Growth is non-existent, perhaps -5%. I think the lt. gen. is playing things in a safe neutral tone without realizing the realities of China. Nothing of great gyan so far.
@bala,

Since BR started many good contributors have left BR. And, I have personally invited a few (current posters on SM) via SM (who now have some 150K on YT - for what that is worth) to post here - one has declined and provided reasonS.

If one is civil they will engage.

WRT stats, I first came across the "GDP figures for China is perhaps approx 1/2 of 17 T number" via Maj. Gen. Rajiv Narayanan on Def Talks about 6 weeks ago or so. Consensus or not the official figure remains around $17 trillion. As far as I know, Lt. Gen. Narasimhan is quoting IMF figures. I am very sure he too is aware of what you or Maj. Gen Narayanan has stated. There is nothing new in your post.

What I would suggest - which has worked for me - is that you contact the Lt. Gen. This is 2024 and as long as you are civil they will engage. 100% do, as long as you are civil.

@KL Dubey,

There is an ignore (foe) button. Please be kind enough to use it.

I will.
TKiran
BRFite

Post by TKiran »

Why ramana sir is not posting nowadays?
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

TKiran wrote: 14 Feb 2024 19:30 Why ramana sir is not posting nowadays?
yes. can someone who knows him please check?
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

vijayk wrote: 15 Feb 2024 01:12
TKiran wrote: 14 Feb 2024 19:30 Why ramana sir is not posting nowadays?
yes. can someone who knows him please check?
All i can say is that all ok and he will be back in couple of weeks.