India - Canada - News and Discussion. (2018)

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Re: India - Canada - News and Discussion. (2018)

Post by sanman »

hgupta wrote: 06 May 2024 03:40 Then it is time to give a platform to all Quebec separatists and Native Americans seeking independence and reparations from Canada and US now.
Yeah, but that would only amount to a symbolic act, because it wouldn't meaningfully boost the separatist movement in Quebec, or put Ottawa under pressure.
Native aboriginal communities (aka. "First Nations") are a miniscule proportion of Canada's population, and are being made further marginal all the time by the mass-importation of people from other parts of the world.

I grew up in the french-speaking province of Quebec, from age 2 until age 18. I have fond memories of childhood there. Je me souviens.
Canada's mass-importation of people was always a project by Anglo-Canadians to dilute the French-speakers - basically bringing in lots of foreign sepoys to keep the French down. The idea was that the new imports would help to dilute the voting power of Quebec's electorate, and furthermore all the new taxpaying citizens could help fund an expanded welfare state which would keep Quebec's population addicted to its freebies. (ie. "Don't break up Canada! You'll lose all your freebies! Think of all your free welfare programs!")

You have to understand the new Machine Politics of Canada's ruling establishment. Biden's Democrats have always tried to herd African-American voters into their arms by playing the race card at every opportunity, and continually talking about Slavery. But in Canada's completely different demographics the Black vote is much lower, and so the Canadian Left have had to find a substitute demographic to pander to. Enter the Sikh community, whom the Canadian Left hope to exploit as their counterpart to the African-American vote in US. Whereas the American Left can pontificate about White slave-owners and the Jim Crow South, the Canadian Left can now cast the Hindus of India as the similarly villainous counterparts.

I think that India should shut down Canada's embassy in India and withdraw its own embassy from Canada.
Canada is not even among India's top ten trading partners.

India needs to make an example out of Canada, in order to warn others not to imitate Canada's political stuntsmanship.
Otherwise, if India looks the other way, then everybody will see India as a pushover whom they can casually do anything to, without any consequence.
Last edited by sanman on 06 May 2024 05:18, edited 4 times in total.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

KL Dubey wrote: 06 May 2024 04:35 That is what we are doing. Bharat is leveraging US military and economic cooperation to:

- checkmate China militarily/geopolitically
- reduce and eventually eliminate dependence on China for critical supplies
- replace China as a sustainable, long-term growth engine

China needs to be tackled. The US is on a natural path to decline in importance.
Instead of India tackling China, and instead of India tackling US, India needs to help US and China tackle each other.

In moments where US can be helped to cause China more problem, then India should assist that.
In moments where China can be helped to cause US more problems, then India should assist that too.
The more that China and US are in conflict, then the less latitude they'll each have to harass India.
No more being a sucker for suckerpunches from either of them.
And let's be clear - there have been plenty of suckerpunches coming from both of them to hit us.
The US is on a natural path to decline in importance.
US is busy clawing and scratching at us on its way down. It's not declining benignly or fast enough.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Here are the profiles of 7 gangsters who were granted Canada visas:

Lakhbir Singh, also known as Landa, hails from Harike, Punjab. Before immigrating to Canada in 2017, he was involved in extortion, drug trafficking, and targeted killings. Singh’s first encounter with the law occurred in 2011 in Harike when he was charged with murder. Joining the Babbar Khalsa International (BKI) in 2017, Singh relocated to Canada with help from Rinda. He was involved in an attack on the Punjab Police Intelligence Headquarters using rocket launchers.
Ramandeep Singh, alias Raman Judge, is associated with the Jaipal Bhullar gang. He is the brother of incarcerated gangster Gagandeep Singh. Operating from Canada, Singh faces charges related to terrorist activities in Punjab, including the deaths of a “dera devotee” and a priest in Phillaur in 2021. He reportedly acts as an agent and recruiter for the Khalistan Tiger Force.
Charanjit Singh, known as Rinku, originates from Bihla Village, Barnala District. Initially granted a student visa, Singh engaged in criminal activities in Canada, becoming wanted for murder, extortion, attempted murder, and targeted killings. A confidant of gangster Arshdeep Singh, he facilitated the escape of criminals from Punjab and arranged financing and weapons for criminal acts.
Gurpinder Singh, alias Baba Dalla, entered Canada on a visitor visa. Formerly a motor mechanic in Badni Kalan village, Singh became involved in disputes and rose to prominence within the Sukhpreet Budda gang. Notably, he posted online about Budda’s intentions to kill sacrilege accused Mahidnerpal Singh, who was later murdered.
Arshdeep Singh, also known as Arsh Dalla, hails from Dala Village, Moga District, Punjab. He is wanted for the murder of Ripudaman Singh Malik and is known for radicalizing youth, often in collaboration with wanted terrorist Hardeep Nijjar. Singh also funnels money to gangsters and terrorist operatives in Punjab.
Satveer Singh, known as Warring, immigrated to Canada on a visitor visa from Abohar village. Involved in extortion and youth radicalisation, Singh plays a crucial role in mobilizing youth for criminal activities in India.
Snoveer Singh, alias Dhillon, is from Punjab and was involved in the murder of an athlete.
Top intelligence sources told CNN-News18 that these gangsters are all based in Canada and mostly got visas after they got involved in criminal activities in India. “They are conducting activities on behalf of ISI. Canada is favoring Pakistan by creating tension in Indian Punjab through the killing of leaders, extortion, and drug trafficking, ultimately channeling money to Pakistan. These activities also serve Canada’s domestic constituency,” sources added.
https://www.news18.com/india/does-canad ... 78898.html
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Yes, I was there at this event, standing in the crowd munching on snacks. It was a parade for the Nagarketan celebration. Right now I'm just barely 700 meters from where this footage was taken, just around the corner from me.

While I appreciate the generous dollops of snackfood, I really feel that India should close down its embassy and likewise close down Canada's embassy in India. India needs to send a strong resolute signal to Canada's crooked political establishment that it means business.

These are poor people who speak broken english, and they are ripe for manipulation by Canada's predatory political establishment, who see them as a juicy vote bank to harvest votes from, just like the African-American vote bank in the USA. Again, the black community in Canada is nowhere near the proportions of the African-American vote bank in USA - so Canada's politicians needed to find an alternative/supplementary vote bank for themselves to milk.

But while white southerners in USA can't run away from America's political racketeers, India can certainly shut down a similar game from Canada's crooked political establishment, by cutting off diplomatic relations. That will leave this whole game in the lurch, with suitable shockwaves for Canada's politics. Then we can watch Canadian politicians stand there with mouths agape, followed by copious impotent fuming from them.

It will also send a useful signal to American policymakers of how seriously Indians take separatist threats to their territorial integrity. America is too big for India to take on directly, but Canada most certainly is not. Canada is not even among India's top ten trading partners. Trudeau & his Khalistan lobby must be given a humbling.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

sanman wrote: 06 May 2024 04:56
Instead of India tackling China, and instead of India tackling US, India needs to help US and China tackle each other.

In moments where US can be helped to cause China more problem, then India should assist that.
In moments where China can be helped to cause US more problems, then India should assist that too.
The more that China and US are in conflict, then the less latitude they'll each have to harass India.
No more being a sucker for suckerpunches from either of them.
And let's be clear - there have been plenty of suckerpunches coming from both of them to hit us.
This is juvenile thinking, better suited for back-alley "tapori" games.

As EAM Dr SJ and NaMo have stated many times, Bharat has a huge amount of work to do to raise our citizens' standards of living and to become developed by 2047. We have no time for these foolish games.

We will leverage our many assets in a productive way to attract capital, technological assistance, and markets. China has nothing to offer, and is instead a nuisance. The West is not really a great friend of India but is slowly learning to live/co-adjust with a powerful and democratic giant.

China sees the West-India-China triangle as a zero-sum game. And the West has become more reactive to Chinese threats. India being the only "positive" (though very realistic) member, mainly just needs to continue what we are doing - develop our nation, remain a positive partner, and defend ourselves strongly. The results will lead to global changes that will automatically raise tensions between USA and China.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

KL Dubey wrote: 07 May 2024 04:56 This is juvenile thinking, better suited for back-alley "tapori" games.

As EAM Dr SJ and NaMo have stated many times, Bharat has a huge amount of work to do to raise our citizens' standards of living and to become developed by 2047. We have no time for these foolish games.
Okay, so what is your preferred strategy, and how exactly does it differ from mine?
We will leverage our many assets in a productive way to attract capital, technological assistance, and markets. China has nothing to offer, and is instead a nuisance. The West is not really a great friend of India but is slowly learning to live/co-adjust with a powerful and democratic giant.
You're not seeing some of the dynamics here. The US policymaking establishment are dominated by various big-money lobbies. These lobbies largely put their own interests ahead of US national interest. They're interested in fighting foreign wars, which they will even put ahead of protecting their own country's borders.
So it's not about India reaching an accommodation with US -- there is nobody in US pursuing US interests -- it's about achieving accommodation with these ruthless lobbies. And that may not be possible to do, because as I've said, they're more interested in imperial wars. They want India to be an obedient lapdog/poodle and throw away its own interests. Look at Japan, which behaves like a conquered country. US had been abetting China's rise from Nixon onwards, mainly at Japan's expense, but as lapdogs the Japanese did nothing. US and its lobbies didn't even care about Japan's interests, which weren't even an afterthought to them.
Likewise, India's interests don't matter to them and don't fit in with theirs. Because we won't meekly go along with them and abandon our core interests, that's why they're going after Modi so ferociously.

In hindsight, I think maybe Modi should have feigned a greater willingness to accommodate, while telling them that he first had to focus on getting through the elections. At least that might have bought us more time, instead of them turning their guns on us while elections are underway.
(Who knows what CIA, etc are capable of? They might be cunningly rigging our election right beneath our noses, to spring a nasty surprise on us - just like Vajpayee & Advani discovered in 2004)

China sees the West-India-China triangle as a zero-sum game. And the West has become more reactive to Chinese threats. India being the only "positive" (though very realistic) member, mainly just needs to continue what we are doing - develop our nation, remain a positive partner, and defend ourselves strongly. The results will lead to global changes that will automatically raise tensions between USA and China.
US has gotten into an increasingly tenuous situation, thanks to the imperial stuntsmanship of its lobbies. They see us as a key obstacle/pivot they need to move, in order to bail themselves out of their predicaments of their own making. So they're not going to just spare us and give us a free pass. They intend to get their way, come hell or high water. They're not going to accept multi-polarity, and will instead use the last of their resources to seek regime-change. It's a reminder of that old Economics 101 lesson about "Guns vs Butter" (ie. if you spend all your money on butter churns to feel your people, but your neighbor spends all their money on guns - then they will end up owning both their guns and your butter churns)
Likewise, if the declining West focus their declining resources on achieving regime change in India, while we Indians focus our attentions exclusively on development, then those westerners will end up owning our country in the bargain. That's why they pursued colonialism in the first place.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

Canadian drug cartels trying to revive Khalistan movement in India

Article predates current events. But it makes me think that random drug testing on arrival at an Indian port of entry will trip up some of these characters. Possibly always test US-Canadian dual citizens given both Pannun and Rana's MO needed dual citizenship for some reason.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

sanman wrote: 07 May 2024 10:11 Okay, so what is your preferred strategy, and how exactly does it differ from mine?
My preferred strategy: "phaltu baaton me samay barbaad na karo". It is the same strategy as Dr SJ and NaMo have stated.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

KL Dubey wrote: 08 May 2024 05:41 My preferred strategy: "phaltu baaton me samay barbaad na karo". It is the same strategy as Dr SJ and NaMo have stated.
The difference is that SJ and NaMo are not on BR. On BR we should discuss our interests and how to achieve them -- especially vital intereests.

So you've simply ducked away from discussion, which is the purpose of this forum, simply because you have no strategy.

I again re-state that India should cut diplomatic ties and close down its embassy in Canada, and likewise close down Canada's embassy in India.
Entire ex-pat community in Canada are very dependent upon access to India, and that reality must be weaponized in order to prove the point.
Then let's see how eager they are to continue voting for their beloved stuntsman Trudeau.

US has fingered RAW officers, as well as the RAW chief Samant Goel, as well as NSA Ajit Doval, and even hinting at Modi himself.
So obviously you find that acceptable for a "working relationship" - but I don't.

US could easily decide to indict those who I've just mentioned.
I'm sure you'd find that acceptable too - but I don't.
If Lefties ever come to power, they'll be very happy to collude with Washington in arresting and imprisoning Modi and other "uppety" folks that the American establishment don't like. Just like how Americans got their flunkies in Rawalpindi to arrest Imran Khan (who may likely end up permanently imprisoned)

As America's chanakyan deep-staters get into deeper and deeper predicaments, the more they're willing to pull out all the stops to wreck everybody else, in the pursuit of their goals. You don't seem to be noticing this.

I think it's also important to realize that America's Cold War Deep State is being manipulated by a section of the Israel lobby to trigger wider activity that inevitably results in the side-effect of India getting trampled upon.
Last edited by sanman on 08 May 2024 06:36, edited 2 times in total.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

sanman wrote: 08 May 2024 06:26 The difference is that SJ and NaMo are not on BR.
:D They are not on BR because they are busy actually achieving Indian interests based on plans they have already made towards 2047. Dr SJ has recently given an interview on "the next five years" for the world.
On BR we should discuss our interests and how to achieve them.
I'm open for any reasonable and informed discussion, but not these third-rate scenarios in which USA, China, India et al are cast as juvenile characters playing mind-games with each other. Total BS.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

sanman wrote: 06 May 2024 11:49
Yes, I was there at this event, standing in the crowd munching on snacks. It was a parade for the Nagarketan celebration. Right now I'm just barely 700 meters from where this footage was taken, just around the corner from me.

While I appreciate the generous dollops of snackfood, I really feel that India should close down its embassy and likewise close down Canada's embassy in India. India needs to send a strong resolute signal to Canada's crooked political establishment that it means business.
OK, thanks for the background.

So it turns out you are a Canadian living in Canada, "munching snacks" at a terrorist-sponsored rally, and then writing long posts on what India should be doing to protect its interests, including how it should deal with USA, Canada, et al, close down the embassy, etc. This is absolutely absurd....!!
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

KL Dubey wrote: 08 May 2024 06:34
sanman wrote: 08 May 2024 06:26 The difference is that SJ and NaMo are not on BR.
:D They are not on BR because they are busy actually achieving Indian interests based on plans they have already made towards 2047. Dr SJ has recently given an interview on "the next five years" for the world.
And likewise US Deep State may not be on BR because they're busy pulling stunts against India. We can see they are busy throwing curve balls at India, and they have many tools for this.
On BR we should discuss our interests and how to achieve them.
I'm open for any reasonable and informed discussion, but not these third-rate scenarios in which USA, China, India et al are cast as juvenile characters playing mind-games with each other. Total BS.
"mind-games" -- what do you think is going on with US now fingering Samant Goel, Ajit Doval, and Narendra Modi for possible criminal charges?
They're taking their games to a new level -- and yet you don't seem to be bothered. I don't see that as unruffled calmness, I see that as denialism, complacency and laziness.

"Oh, it's nothing! It's hardly a minor scratch! Stop worrying! We're invincible! It will all be fine!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmInkxbvlCs
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

There is no possibility of any useful discussion. There is a limit to patience with trolls that seem to have a field day on BRF these days. I'm going to use the block function.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

KL Dubey wrote: 08 May 2024 06:47 OK, thanks for the background.

So it turns out you are a Canadian living in Canada, "munching snacks" at a terrorist-sponsored rally, and then writing long posts on what India should be doing to protect its interests, including how it should deal with USA, Canada, et al, close down the embassy, etc. This is absolutely absurd....!!
Oh, I was waiting for this kind of response from you. So now I'm a terrorist-supporter, according to you. I'm here calling for India to cut its diplomatic ties with Canada over Trudeau's Khalistan-provocations, but you're calling me the terrorist-lover.

This isn't about me - this is about protecting Indian interests. When others see you as a pushover, they'll have no hesitation or second thoughts about harassing you further, because they're not receiving any adverse consequences from it. This feeble pooh-poohing and downplaying of what's going on is what's absurd and ridiculous.

Canada, btw, is not the superpower America is. Therefore India should be less timid toward Canada compared to USA.
Last edited by sanman on 08 May 2024 08:30, edited 1 time in total.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Pro khalistani parade in Ontario:,'
Celebration and glorification of violence should not be a part of any civilized society'
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Amber G. wrote: 08 May 2024 08:28 Pro khalistani parade in Ontario:
Yeah, I sometimes shop in that area. If you go to the gurdwara there, the main entrance has a large picture in the centre of it: a picture of the bullet-riddled Golden Temple, with a large banner message saying "Never forget. Never forgive."
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Canadian authorities and state media seem to be increasingly talking about "foreign interference" - now using Nijjar as their prime example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6IlNOSrojw

Are Canada's Deep State looking for more FISA type powers of their own?
I often see Canadians reflexively imitating Americans, in a Monkey-See-Monkey-Do way.
Since US Deep State are always eager to expand their surveillance powers over the domestic citizenry (which they and their aligned political cronies can only exploit against the American people), then I'm imagining that Canadian authorities would be seeking similar powers as well.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Indian Envoy to Canada Sanjay Verma's on the struggles Indian students face in Canada.
Thr was a time we were sending one body bag of an Indian international student every 10 days..as an ambassador what I would feel":
Brand Canada got a bad name in education.....,'Brand Canada needs to reinstate its position..'

More:
Territorial integrity is red line".... .concerns over national security, threats emanating from Canadian citizens"
https://twitter.com/i/status/1788031180211916994
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

I'm here calling for India to cut its diplomatic ties with Canada..
To keep the things in perspective: Per India there are positive points:
Back in Montreal, the high commissioner also pointed out that while the negative in the relationship grabs the headlines, there are many positives to the relationship - the most important one being trade. High Commissioner Verma said, "Trade has been going up despite political divergences."

He pointed out how Canada has benefitted hugely from services exports to India, a country that itself is big in the services sector. He said Canada was one of the few countries that exports more services to India than it imports. Services exports to India drove up Canada's overall exports in 2022. The overall trade in services between India and Canada was over USD 9 billion a total trade figure of almost USD 19 billion.

India's largest import from Canada is coal briquettes - close to USD 850 million last year. This has declined over the last few years due to India exploring alternative sources of energy to eliminate dependency on fossil fuels. This is followed by the import of lentils largely from the province of Saskatchewan in Canada and followed by a huge import of diamonds.
India's largest export to Canada is medicines, followed by shrimps and smartphones. Basmati rice exports from India to Canada went up by 14 per cent over the last year.
venkat_kv
BRFite

Post by venkat_kv »

sanman wrote: 08 May 2024 07:08
KL Dubey wrote: 08 May 2024 06:47 OK, thanks for the background.

Oh, I was waiting for this kind of response from you. So now I'm a terrorist-supporter, according to you. I'm here calling for India to cut its diplomatic ties with Canada over Trudeau's Khalistan-provocations, but you're calling me the terrorist-lover.

This isn't about me - this is about protecting Indian interests. When others see you as a pushover, they'll have no hesitation or second thoughts about harassing you further, because they're not receiving any adverse consequences from it. This feeble pooh-poohing and downplaying of what's going on is what's absurd and ridiculous.

Canada, btw, is not the superpower America is. Therefore India should be less timid toward Canada compared to USA.
sanman wrote: 08 May 2024 08:34
Amber G. wrote: 08 May 2024 08:28 Pro khalistani parade in Ontario:
Yeah, I sometimes shop in that area. If you go to the gurdwara there, the main entrance has a large picture in the centre of it: a picture of the bullet-riddled Golden Temple, with a large banner message saying "Never forget. Never forgive."
Sanman Saar,

can you flesh out your idea of how and what is achieved when india and Canada shuts down their embassies especially when India initiates it? Canada is needling and if India responds to it by shutting down the embassies what are the repurcussions?

India is already delivering a lesson to canada albeit slowly, India will stop importing fertilizers from canada in a couple of years along with stopping the import of lentils. That itself will cause visble consternation to the Canadians.

Have you also done anything in the gurdwara after visiting it to take down poster of Bindranwale or the "bullet-ridden golden temple" or any education/conversations with the folks attending the gurudwara to steer them away from khalistani rhetoric.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

WRT, the presence of Khalistani elements in Kanaada. Would it be feasible would it be to turn those clowns in on Kanada itself?

So that the Kanaadian state is compelled to deal with the problem. Or else the whites can no longer live safely.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

venkat_kv wrote: 08 May 2024 13:07Sanman Saar,

can you flesh out your idea of how and what is achieved when india and Canada shuts down their embassies especially when India initiates it? Canada is needling and if India responds to it by shutting down the embassies what are the repurcussions?
I think India should put a strong squeeze on ties, by curtailing flights between the countries, lengthening visa wait times. Cutting the diplomatic ties and removing the embassies could certainly encourage that. India can also drop the subtle hint that it's because of the Trudeau govt that ties have fallen apart. The subtext being that ties can improve after Trudeau is gone (hint: vote him out).
Think of what happened to UK Labour party leader Jeremy Corbyn after he started targeting India. He was given a sharp lesson.

Canada is not merely needling -- they're making their careers out of this. Vote Bank politics is big business, not some minor hobby.
In USA, their politicians make huge efforts to court the African-American vote, talking about Slavery, discrimination, etc.
In Canada, where the black vote isn't much, politicians now make huge efforts to court the Sikh vote, since Punjabis are the 4th-largest ethnic group in the country, after Anglos, French, Irish (The Ukrainians used to be 4th-largest, but are now displaced to 5th-largest. So Canadian politicians also pay lots of lip service to Ukraine too.)
So with these Vote Bank demographics, India/Hindus obviously become a natural villain.
Just like US politicians whip up sentiments among blacks against white southerners as oppressors, likewise it's easy for Canadian politicians and media to slip into the Hindu oppressor narrative. Watch any Canadian news show, and you'll see this all the time.
For Ukrainians, who are a much older, whiter and more established community in Canada, then India can be disliked for being Russia's enabler.

India is already delivering a lesson to canada albeit slowly, India will stop importing fertilizers from canada in a couple of years along with stopping the import of lentils. That itself will cause visble consternation to the Canadians.
Why would politicians care more about fertilizers than about Vote Banks? Votes don't grow from fertilizers, votes come from Vote Banks -- especially single-issue Vote Banks who have a one-track mind with overwhelming fixation on a single issue: Khalistan.
Fertilizer companies don't control the media, it's the political establishment who control the media, which are all spouting the same line: Indians are murderous oppressors.

India is Canada's 9th-largest export market. But Canada is only India's 28th-largest export market.
So you would think they'd care about the relationship more than India would. But to politicians, Vote Banks are more important than trade.
Have you also done anything in the gurdwara after visiting it to take down poster of Bindranwale or the "bullet-ridden golden temple" or any education/conversations with the folks attending the gurudwara to steer them away from khalistani rhetoric.
I don't go to these places regularly. I also don't talk politics with anyone there, and nobody there talks politics with me.
When in Rome, do as the Romans do. When in London, do as the British do. When in Khalistan, just smile politely.

It's not some mere poster. It's a large plaque with the large picture embedded in it. It's in the centre of the main entrance lobby, so that everyone has to walk past it - old people, young people, kids, everybody - so that all can get an eyeful of the Evil Indian Oppressor's handiwork and the commandment "Never forget, Never forgive". This is a large gurdwara - the main gurdwara for that Malton area.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Pratyush wrote: 08 May 2024 13:50 WRT, the presence of Khalistani elements in Kanaada. Would it be feasible would it be to turn those clowns in on Kanada itself?

So that the Kanaadian state is compelled to deal with the problem. Or else the whites can no longer live safely.
Brampton, where I used to live after moving out of Quebec, now has Punjabis as the largest ethnic group and is now a high-crime area. Naturally, whites tend to move out when the crime-infested non-whites move in.

Khalistanis don't need to carve independent state out of Canada, just as they don't need to carve independent state out of Pakistan, where Guru Nanak Dev Ji was born. They only need to carve it out of India.Why? Because Indians are pushovers, and unlikely to do anything - unlike Canada and Pakistan. Unless and until provocateurs are made to feel consequences, then they won't see any reason to stop their harassment.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

sanman wrote: 08 May 2024 14:20 .... Because Indians are pushovers, and unlikely to do anything - unlike Canada and Pakistan...
Yes. India did nothing when the Khalistan movement was at it's peak in the 1980's :roll:
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Wokeism dealt a blow by Canadian court: maths is not racist
https://youtu.be/WtiW2QIDGgM?si=EdIwZie9jjrHH1Uy
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Manish_P wrote: 08 May 2024 16:22
sanman wrote: 08 May 2024 14:20 .... Because Indians are pushovers, and unlikely to do anything - unlike Canada and Pakistan...
Yes. India did nothing when the Khalistan movement was at it's peak in the 1980's :roll:
That's why the Khalistanis prefer to harass India from abroad, from the safety of another country's bosom.
And these overseas politicians are increasingly willing to cater to them, for Vote Bank reasons.

I don't think India should tolerate this kind of harassment and smear campaign.

I see that Left-leaning pro-globalist politicians currently ruling in the West are locked into a set of destructive policies, which includes economic deterioration, as well as the war they needlessly initiated against Russia.
They know they're in an increasingly tenuous situation, and this is leading them to more and more brinksmanship, like the imperialist cabal they are.

So they don't mind stooping to ever newer lows, while we seem to be mortified and caught off guard all the time.
I realize that Jaishankar and even Modi are likely aware of the problem -- but the ignorant Indian public seem to be totally clueless, always left with mouths agape. NRIs in particular should be educated enough to see what's going on, but they're just as ignorant and petrified as anyone.
titash
BRFite

Post by titash »

test
titash
BRFite

Post by titash »

sanman wrote: 08 May 2024 21:07
Manish_P wrote: 08 May 2024 16:22

That's why the Khalistanis prefer to harass India from abroad, from the safety of another country's bosom.
And these overseas politicians are increasingly willing to cater to them, for Vote Bank reasons.

I don't think India should tolerate this kind of harassment and smear campaign.

I see that Left-leaning pro-globalist politicians currently ruling in the West are locked into a set of destructive policies, which includes economic deterioration, as well as the war they needlessly initiated against Russia.
They know they're in an increasingly tenuous situation, and this is leading them to more and more brinksmanship, like the imperialist cabal they are.

So they don't mind stooping to ever newer lows, while we seem to be mortified and caught off guard all the time.
I realize that Jaishankar and even Modi are likely aware of the problem -- but the ignorant Indian public seem to be totally clueless, always left with mouths agape. NRIs in particular should be educated enough to see what's going on, but they're just as ignorant and petrified as anyone.
Sanman-ji,

Here's the thing:

Its not that MAD aren't aware of the opportunistic politics, or the threat perception. It's a conscious choice to not escalate beyond a point

There are hit jobs in the media daily about Modi / India / Hindus. Likewise with Indexes on Democracy etc.

Its a deliberate game being played by people who don't want their old leverage to go away. They will resist India's rise and will not tolerate another China

But the train has already left the station. If the 2024 elections return the desired result, then its MAD for 5 more years, irrespective of what the old elites want. It will mean full steam ahead of nuclear deterrence, hypersonics, semiconductors, AI, infrastructure, connectivity, etc. It will mean an economy that has overtaken Japan & Germany, and is in 3rd place behind the US and China

At that point, the lecturing will mean less and less.

Why do you think no one pokes the Chinese? It's because they have the big danda. No Muslim country has done jack $hit to support the Uighurs. No one gives them daily lectures on fascism and democracy sliding. Just bide your time...in 5 years the Pakistanis will be begging to scrub Indian toilets and the Khalistanis will be crying for OCI cards.

Canada is a natural resource hub. If Quebec secedes, it can be one too. It is imperative to indulge in sub-national diplomacy with the premiers of other Canadian provinces, starting now, and convince them that their economic futures depend on India's trade and goodwill after 5-10 years.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

titash wrote: 08 May 2024 21:28 Sanman-ji,

Here's the thing:

Its not that MAD aren't aware of the opportunistic politics, or the threat perception. It's a conscious choice to not escalate beyond a point

There are hit jobs in the media daily about Modi / India / Hindus. Likewise with Indexes on Democracy etc.

Its a deliberate game being played by people who don't want their old leverage to go away. They will resist India's rise and will not tolerate another China
You're not taking some things into account here -- these people have multiple balls spinning -- they are engaged in multiple forms of stuntsmanship, and so it's not just their apprehensions about India which have them scrambling around to pull stunts.
They have the war on Russia going on, the Middle East is on the boil, their economies are deteriorating, their productivity is dropping.
America especially is suffering from big money politics dominated by narrow interest groups.
But the train has already left the station. If the 2024 elections return the desired result, then its MAD for 5 more years, irrespective of what the old elites want. It will mean full steam ahead of nuclear deterrence, hypersonics, semiconductors, AI, infrastructure, connectivity, etc. It will mean an economy that has overtaken Japan & Germany, and is in 3rd place behind the US and China
Election isn't over yet -- and western elites have a high incentive to meddle.
I still remember 2004 election, where BJP fumbled badly. Vajpayee and Advani were very overconfident and just totally blew it.
At that point, the lecturing will mean less and less.

Why do you think no one pokes the Chinese? It's because they have the big danda. No Muslim country has done jack $hit to support the Uighurs. No one gives them daily lectures on fascism and democracy sliding. Just bide your time...in 5 years the Pakistanis will be begging to scrub Indian toilets and the Khalistanis will be crying for OCI cards.

Canada is a natural resource hub. If Quebec secedes, it can be one too. It is imperative to indulge in sub-national diplomacy with the premiers of other Canadian provinces, starting now, and convince them that their economic futures depend on India's trade and goodwill after 5-10 years.
The Americans might not tolerate the emergence of a new country on their border, and might meddle to stop it.

The last separatist referendum in Quebec was led by Quebec politician Lucien Bouchard in 1995.
What had happened, was that Brian Mulroney, the leader of Canada's Conservative Party had tried to rope in right-leaning politicians from Quebec into a larger coalition govt that would keep the Conservatives in power in Ottawa, with Mulroney as PM.
In exchange for Bouchard's support, Mulroney had made grand promises of negotiating a new settlement between Quebec and the rest of Canada, on favourable terms which would appease all the Quebec separatists by giving Quebec the power to fully protect the French culture.
However, when it came time to carry out such negotiations, the leaders of all the other Canadian provinces balked, and ganged up against Quebec.
These Meech Lake talks failed miserably, much to the chagrin of Mulroney and his coalition partners.
Lucien Bouchard in particular felt badly stung and betrayed, and immediately pulled out of the coalition govt, launching his campaign for a referendum to achieve Quebec's independence from Canada. All of Canada was in a shock and in a tizzy.

Then something very mysterious and shocking happened.
After one of his separatist campaign events, Bouchard became dizzy and had to be hospitalized. He had suddenly come down with a near-fatal and life-threatening case of Flesh-Eating Bacteria (Necrotizing Fascitis) - a deadly infection which dissolved the very flesh of his body, leaving him crippled. He was able to regain some functionality of his limbs, but could no longer walk. His battle to recuperate from the rare and deadly infection which mysteriously struck him down made him even more of a folk hero in the eyes of his fellow Quebecers.

The separatist side did lose the referendum, mainly due to immigrant voters who voted against it, prompting another longtime separatist leader Jacques Parizeau to angrily blame the minorities for sabotaging the dreams of Quebec's independence.

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I've never believed that Bouchard's sudden mysterious near-fatal infection was just a random coincidence.
The timing was just too convenient. As soon as charismatic separatist leader emerges to announce independence campaign he gets struck down by deadly infection??
That's like announcing your opposition to Putin and suddenly coming down with Polonium poisoning.

If Canada's deep state didn't do it, then America's more capable deep state did it. The Americans would not like a new state to suddenly appear on their borders, because that would introduce new political variables that outside powers could easily exploit to undermine America's national security on its own home continent. Remember that France and Russia had traditionally been allies during Europe's great power wars.

Maybe if Nijjar had died from Necrotizing Fascitis, then Canada's political establishment would have had no choice but to quietly accept it. (ie. People Who Live in Glass Houses...)
titash
BRFite

Post by titash »

Sanman-ji,

If the US feels it needs to intervene to prevent Quebec's UDI then so be it. There is very little that you or China or Russia (or India for that matter) can do about it. Jiski Lathi Uski Bhais

But there is nothing anyone can or will do about expanding trade ties. There are only 3 large consumerist societies - US, China, India. You cannot say I won't trade with any of these 3 entities without taking a hit to your GDP and eventually pissing off your own people

So chill. Wait for the 2024 election results and revisit the Khalistan/Canada issue in 5 years time. If RaGa wins then it won't matter anyway :((
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

titash wrote: 08 May 2024 23:05 Sanman-ji,

If the US feels it needs to intervene to prevent Quebec's UDI then so be it. There is very little that you or China or Russia (or India for that matter) can do about it. Jiski Lathi Uski Bhais
The more Amrikis use their lathi, the more they expose themselves.
But there is nothing anyone can or will do about expanding trade ties. There are only 3 large consumerist societies - US, China, India. You cannot say I won't trade with any of these 3 entities without taking a hit to your GDP and eventually pissing off your own people
They're already well into p!ssing off their own people, and that's why they're now resorting to divide-and-rule, by latching onto Vote Banks they can manipulate by stirring up emotive issues.

But US is certainly counting on India to make IMEC work. US may think it can get its way even without Modi in powier, but can INC explain a trade corridor through Israel to its vote bank? Maybe BJP should get INC's vote bank thinking about Israel's role in IMEC, just to cause problems for INC.

Anyway, here's an interesting new video talking about some things you said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3kd2QB_0gw
So chill. Wait for the 2024 election results and revisit the Khalistan/Canada issue in 5 years time. If RaGa wins then it won't matter anyway :((
Zelensky is like a Ukrainian RaGa. Both are standing on Uncle Sam's shoulders, waiting to be pushed over the top, to victory.
Everybody knows they can't do it on their own -- but with American support, they can still cause significant damage.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

eklavya wrote: 05 May 2024 14:26 ^^^
We need to have a relationship with both of them that suits India. They don’t need any encouragement from us to fight each other; they’re already fighting each other through proxies in Ukraine and will do so directly in Taiwan in due course.
Not in Pakraine. US and Russia are fighting. China's involvement is not as much as you are saying it is.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

ndian HC to Canada Sanjay Verma says there are 4,27,000 Indian students who contribute CDN $18 billion to Canadian govt. Canada uses that money to fund Khalistanis against India. You are funding our own erasure. When will you stop funding your enemies?https://twitter.com/i/status/1788087769455288789
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Canadian colleges focused on raking in tuition money from foreign students, and not in making them employable:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8pFITMV-Sg
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

How the accused in the Nijjar case got their Canadian visas - basically the Canadians grant visas without doing any checks - the first story here:
https://youtu.be/uePJLuS3QTw?si=ZBqfMfpvBNmI9DN3

google transcript:
on this Wednesday night new details about how two accused Hitmen entered Canada how they got student visas is under scrutiny.....Global News has confirmed two of the Indian men accused of killing a BC Sikh leader came to Canada on student visas and that one took just days to obtain. They're charged with first-degree murder in the killing of Hardeep Singh Nijjar who was shot outside of a gurudwara in BC last year. Canada's prime minister has said there is credible evidence linking the Indian government to the murder.

How the men got into Canada is also under scrutiny.
That's Indian national Karan Bar announcing he'd received his student visa from Canada and and thanking an immigration company for their help. That company posted the video on its Facebook page in 2019. Three years later Brad allegedly murdered BC Sikh leader Hardeep Singh Nijjar.

This is a a screaming wakeup call to Ottawa. Sources close to the investigation say police believe India's foreign intelligence agency was responsible for Nijjar's murder. Officers arrested three alleged Hitmen including Brad in Edmonton Friday. Sources say at least two of the accused came to Canada on student visas but instead of studying, sources say they were involved in drug trafficking and organized crime with links to India's notorious Bishnoi gang.

"It's the easiest country safest country", this organized crime expert says, "Canada's international student visa program is well known to Indian gangs so you do anything here from here it's much safer."

Sources believe the suspects were involved in organized crime before coming to Canada but it's unclear if Brad had a criminal record. If someone were on a student visa would there be criminal record checks? {Minister} yes there would be, yeah.

Despite that claim from Canada's immigration Minister, immigration lawyers and the government's own website say Canada does not require a criminal record check from student visa applicants from India. {Canadian government} "Canadian immigration expects you to be truthful about your background and your criminal history" but as we all know not everyone tells the truth.

In the video Brad says he received his student visa within days. The company that assisted his application Ethic Works Immigration Services is headquartered in India's Punjab state. It lists two Canadian addresses in Saskatchewan and this home in Ontario. No one would answer the door which one Mr Singh from ethic works but through the doorbell camera they said they know nothing about the case. There's no suggestion the company did anything wrong.

Brad had been accepted into this Calgary College in its Hospital unit clerk program in 2020 the program lasts 8 months which means his student visa should have expired 3 years ago. It's unclear whether he completed his studies or even attended class. Right now uh there's a lack of uniform and consistent collection of who's showing up to school. This immigration lawyer says communication between schools and immigration officials is lacking.

.....by the time we find out something's amiss it's too late.

Facing criticism about the surging number of international students the federal government announced changes to the program in January including a cap for the next two years. Meanwhile Brad and his two co- accused will be back in court on May 21st. The charges against them have not been proven.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Canada tables new legislation to fight foreign interference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-Cvr9B9t5k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ-DlXJKpAA

This "foreign interference" line is suddenly newly popular among all pro-globalist ruling political elites in the west.

Are they just looking to set up a pretext to reject any election results that see them lose at the polls?

Or are they also looking to set up a FISA type of game for ruling politicians to have surveillance against domestic political opposition?

This is why I again feel that India needs to fully cut ties with Canada -- at least while Trudeau is in office -- because Trudeau's govt is looking for any scheme to keep itself in power by any possible means. And his scapegoating India as a pretext for his surveillance of domestic political opponents is yet another reason for Indians to stay away from him. I'm concerned that we're quite slow-witted and not cognizant of all the games going on, and that's why we're continually falling prey to sucker-punches.
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

Amber G. wrote: 09 May 2024 08:06 ndian HC to Canada Sanjay Verma says there are 4,27,000 Indian students who contribute CDN $18 billion to Canadian govt. Canada uses that money to fund Khalistanis against India. You are funding our own erasure. When will you stop funding your enemies?https://twitter.com/i/status/1788087769455288789
He is of course correct. Whenever I go to Punjab, everywhere you go, there a bill boards "Study Visa, Canada, USA, Australia, NZ etc", in the Gurudwaras there are model passenger aircraft with Air Canada logo's. People just want to leave. How difficult would it be to set up good quality education and training establishments to keep the young and their families money in India/Punjab ??
I know education is a state matter, but is it not possible for the national govt to set up state financed education/training establishments and provide central grants to the economically backward ?
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Do the people in Punjab really want to build anything in the state.

In general I am amazed at the people who are spending 60 to 70 lakhs and just taking a plane for the western nations.

The kind of initiative and entrepreneurial spirit required to leave everything behind and start a new. If the same can be deployed in India will turn things around very quickly for the society as a whole.
tandav
BRFite

Post by tandav »

Pratyush wrote: 10 May 2024 16:37 Do the people in Punjab really want to build anything in the state.

In general I am amazed at the people who are spending 60 to 70 lakhs and just taking a plane for the western nations.

The kind of initiative and entrepreneurial spirit required to leave everything behind and start a new. If the same can be deployed in India will turn things around very quickly for the society as a whole.
I think this because student loans are more easily available than business loans. I am fairly certain that many so called "students" and their financial backers will default on these student loans most likely since they are backed by farm land assets which are politically protected or some other way.

So essentially there is free money to be taken from Indian banks as student loans and the racket essentially means that Indian bank depositors are funding the flight and once these dudes reach Canada they suddenly claim to be persecuted folks etc.