Search found 283 matches

by Roop
12 Mar 2020 10:43
Forum: Military Issues & History Forum
Topic: MRCA (Many Rakshaks Choose Aircraft) Contest - Episode III
Replies: 1773
Views: 246376

Re: MRCA (Many Rakshaks Choose Aircraft) Contest - Episode III

Aditya_V wrote:Many forget Pakis lost around 5-6 drones in Feb and Mar 2019. We shot some of them on the Paki side of the border.


Hmm, interesting! I didn't know this (i.e. the Paki side thing).
by Roop
09 Mar 2020 07:52
Forum: Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum
Topic: Levant crisis - III
Replies: 12251
Views: 1030259

Re: Levant crisis - III

nam wrote:So now Turkey will make Egypt & Israel... join up to dislodge Turkey from Libya! :rotfl:

India will be very glad to assist.


I strongly hope that you are wrong. India should be very glad to stay the hell out of all these stupid middle-Eastern wars.
by Roop
09 Mar 2020 07:08
Forum: Military Issues & History Forum
Topic: MRCA (Many Rakshaks Choose Aircraft) Contest - Episode III
Replies: 1773
Views: 246376

Re: MRCA (Many Rakshaks Choose Aircraft) Contest - Episode III

dineshchaturvedi wrote:I am reading about reports of IAF asking Boeing for F-15 Ex. What do you think the chances of it making into IAF are?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gKclNJaPLQ


IMO the chances are very low, but not zero.
by Roop
05 Mar 2020 10:50
Forum: Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum
Topic: Turkey News, discussions, India Turkey Relations
Replies: 1060
Views: 139079

Re: Turkey News, discussions, India Turkey Relations

Rony wrote:
ldev wrote:For some reason the Turks, both Kemalists and Islamists are reflexively Pro-Paki and anti-Indian.


"For some reason"?!! Isn't it obvious what that "some reason" is?
by Roop
05 Mar 2020 10:01
Forum: Military Issues & History Forum
Topic: MRCA (Many Rakshaks Choose Aircraft) Contest - Episode III
Replies: 1773
Views: 246376

Re: MRCA (Many Rakshaks Choose Aircraft) Contest - Episode III

F-15 offer could disrupt Indian fighter contest https://stratpost.com/f-15-offer-could-disrupt-indian-fighter-contest/ 03 March 2020 After reading the above article, one gets the impression that the IAF will order both the Rafale and the F-15. I get the same impression! 8) (I'm not sure if you were...
by Roop
03 Mar 2020 06:53
Forum: Military Issues & History Forum
Topic: MiG-21 Bison shoots down F-16 in Kashmir
Replies: 3777
Views: 648049

Re: MiG-21 Bison shoots down F-16 in Kashmir

Has this been posted before? https://www.theweek.in/theweek/specials/2020/02/28/hit-and-run.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true Excellent article. All things considered, from whatever is available in the public domain of after-action reporting from 27 Feb 2019, a clear pattern has emerged over the l...
by Roop
03 Mar 2020 05:57
Forum: Military Issues & History Forum
Topic: Indian Military Helicopters
Replies: 4618
Views: 849761

Re: Indian Military Helicopters

agupta wrote:Should put a stop to the unnecessary ... rona-dhona here on BRF, MSM and fake news articles


We know that the "put a stop" thing is never going to happen, so no point in even hoping for it. :(
by Roop
29 Feb 2020 10:07
Forum: Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum
Topic: Levant crisis - III
Replies: 12251
Views: 1030259

Re: Levant crisis - III

...will Erdogan play his "trump" card and close the Bosphorus straits ? That would be an act of war, which would entitle Russia or any other state having a Black Sea coastline (e.g. Ukraine/Georgia) to use military force to run the blockade. Erdogan has really acted like an Ottofoon ( :ro...
by Roop
25 Feb 2020 13:16
Forum: Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum
Topic: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV
Replies: 3904
Views: 586755

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

UlanBatori wrote:^^Probably used to being given a high chair and bib

:rotfl:

This reminds me of Trump-mian's jokes about Bloomberg standing on a box for the Democrat debates.
by Roop
12 Feb 2020 13:09
Forum: Military Issues & History Forum
Topic: MiG-21 Bison shoots down F-16 in Kashmir
Replies: 3777
Views: 648049

Re: MiG-21 Bison shoots down F-16 in Kashmir

Aditya_V and Patni: Thanks for the info / links about the 2002 IAF strike.
by Roop
11 Feb 2020 13:01
Forum: Military Issues & History Forum
Topic: MiG-21 Bison shoots down F-16 in Kashmir
Replies: 3777
Views: 648049

Re: MiG-21 Bison shoots down F-16 in Kashmir

Aditya_V wrote:A few years down the line the whole truth will come out, like the 2002 incident- this is the first time someone is officially talking about it.


What is this "2002 Machchil incident"? I seem to have missed it. Can someone clue me in please, or provide a link? Thanks.
by Roop
29 Jan 2020 12:47
Forum: Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum
Topic: West Asia News and Discussions
Replies: 1605
Views: 208293

Re: West Asia News and Discussions

Aditya_V wrote:The Democrats will play this up, Iran will claim they got 50 US personal for Brazen killing Solemani. But I will bet my 2 cents each of those 50 will not be really affected by the strike.


Exactly! 8)
by Roop
29 Jan 2020 12:36
Forum: Military Issues & History Forum
Topic: Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A: News & Discussions: 23 February 2019
Replies: 2264
Views: 656613

Re: Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A: News & Discussions: 23 February 2019

Isn't it also true that the Mk1A will be plumbed/equipped for in-flight refueling, whereas the Mk1 is not?
by Roop
12 Jan 2020 07:14
Forum: Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum
Topic: West Asia News and Discussions
Replies: 1605
Views: 208293

Re: West Asia News and Discussions

This also brings us back to our own " blue-on-blue" downing of an MI-17 during the Doklam spat... Similarly during the Doklam spat, the IAF were fighting off a Pak air attack in depth and key defence sites in Srinagar were the target. No, not during the Doklam spat, during the Balakot spa...
by Roop
12 Jan 2020 06:46
Forum: Military Issues & History Forum
Topic: VayuSena Rafale: News and Discussions - 17 Oct 2016
Replies: 2978
Views: 538205

Re: VayuSena Rafale: News and Discussions - 17 Oct 2016

What happened of the reports 3-4 months back that government is mulling purchase of additional 36 Rafale ? All reports about buying Rafale/F16/F18/Su35 etc are always speculation. No one knows about GoI's plans except PM and his cabinet, and sometimes they themselves are not sure, because they have...
by Roop
12 Jan 2020 06:22
Forum: Military Issues & History Forum
Topic: Naval Tejas Mk1: News & Discussion - 03 January 2020
Replies: 382
Views: 66695

Re: Naval Tejas Mk1: News & Discussion - 03 January 2020

The eagle or should I say "Our Baby" has landed! Thank you for that post, it corresponds to how I would classify this phenomenal event. Neil Armstrong said (when he set foot on the moon), "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind". I would describe this as "...
by Roop
11 Jan 2020 09:15
Forum: Military Issues & History Forum
Topic: MiG-21 Bison shoots down F-16 in Kashmir
Replies: 3777
Views: 648049

Re: MiG-21 Bison shoots down F-16 in Kashmir

Enough discussion. Yes I do get intolerant. No, you are not intolerant. In fact, I think you and the mods have been far too tolerant of all the whining to date. This faaltu nit-picking should have been cut off long ago. Spineless shivering-dhotis will drag any Indian achievement into the trashcan i...
by Roop
10 Jan 2020 09:35
Forum: Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum
Topic: Terroristan - November 11, 2019
Replies: 1002
Views: 205946

Re: Terroristan - November 11, 2019

On Twitter and made stinky post on Paki Sarkar's hubris on present Iran US confrontation. What was his point - that the Paki sarkar (PS) should side with Iran? Side with the US? Stay out of it? PS, if they have any brains, will stay the hell out of it. Likewise with all other countries. Why should ...
by Roop
04 Jan 2020 08:39
Forum: Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum
Topic: ME wars ..XX: a brave new beginning
Replies: 64
Views: 7741

Re: ME wars ..XX: a brave new beginning

You forgot 11) Al-Bakistan will supply logistics routes for Iran invasion and somehow milk baksheesh for the next 15 years. After 13 of those 15 years, Massa will discover that Iran Supreme leader is living in General Bajwa's farm house but everyone denies knowledge. :rotfl: I know this is funny an...
by Roop
28 Dec 2019 05:16
Forum: Military Issues & History Forum
Topic: MRCA (Many Rakshaks Choose Aircraft) Contest - Episode III
Replies: 1773
Views: 246376

Re: MRCA (Many Rakshaks Choose Aircraft) Contest - Episode III

I believe LDev is right about the trust level that now exists between India and the US. I would not be surprised to see the F-18 win the naval fighter contest. I'm not necessarily recommending that, I'm simply assessing it as a realistic possibility. No doubt (if that happens) Modi will demand and r...
by Roop
17 Dec 2019 12:33
Forum: Military Issues & History Forum
Topic: Indian Air Force News & Discussion - 15 Dec 2016
Replies: 4083
Views: 941761

Re: Indian Air Force News & Discussion - 15 Dec 2016

My memory is a little hazy on this, but I seem to remember either Rajnath Singh or Nirmalaji in a post-Balakot press conference making a veiled reference to "three targets were struck". To me that means "Balakot and two others". But I can't be certain I'm remembering this correct...
by Roop
17 Dec 2019 12:26
Forum: Military Issues & History Forum
Topic: MiG-21 Bison shoots down F-16 in Kashmir
Replies: 3777
Views: 648049

Re: MiG-21 Bison shoots down F-16 in Kashmir

Fair Bibi is ... and I don't blame her for pushing this, a bit like one Mr Tellis. The difference between her and Tellis is that she is rude and obnoxious, he is not. Tellis is always civil and polite, even if he makes recommendations we might disagree with (i.e. buy the F16 / F18). I can't see any...
by Roop
17 Dec 2019 12:15
Forum: Military Issues & History Forum
Topic: MiG-21 Bison shoots down F-16 in Kashmir
Replies: 3777
Views: 648049

Re: MiG-21 Bison shoots down F-16 in Kashmir

A shoot down by a Mig 21 is bad PR for LM F-16 Bingo!! That's it, the sum total of all the bullsh!t and lies coming from American sources. If, hypothetically speaking, the IAF was flying F16s or F18s that day and shot down a Paki F16, there would have been no problem admitting it. Even if the F16 h...
by Roop
17 Dec 2019 12:00
Forum: Military Issues & History Forum
Topic: Indian Air Force News & Discussion - 15 Dec 2016
Replies: 4083
Views: 941761

Re: Indian Air Force News & Discussion - 15 Dec 2016

Aditya_V wrote:... but what was hit at Chakoti and Muzaffarabad which forced PAf to respond).


And what was that? What was hit at Chakoti and Muzaffarabad?

I have often wondered the same thing myself (especially after the Half-Sanyasi's cryptic comments on Twitter) but do you have any idea what it was?
by Roop
15 Dec 2019 13:50
Forum: Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum
Topic: Terroristan - November 11, 2019
Replies: 1002
Views: 205946

Re: Terroristan - November 11, 2019

Anyone who thinks Christine Fair is professional and is in anyone's camp apart from Christine Fair's is mistaken IMHO. She has her own agenda and it may change tomorrow. Exactly! She is a loose canon. True, she provides some good info re. Pakis, but my problem with her is her thoroughly unprofessio...
by Roop
13 Dec 2019 15:10
Forum: Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum
Topic: Indo-UK News & Discussions- June 2017
Replies: 3041
Views: 481973

Re: Indo-UK News & Discussions- June 2017

With a majority like that... bring in dress code against portable mailboxes. :rotfl: No, nothing like that. Boris himself may be a BBQ (Ban the Burqa) type, but there's too much pro-Paki sentiment in Britain for anything like that to happen. Besides, Brits/Yanks/Canucks etc. all mentally associate ...
by Roop
18 Nov 2019 06:12
Forum: Military Issues & History Forum
Topic: UAVs, Drones, Remote Surveillance Tech
Replies: 2294
Views: 462663

Re: UAVs, Drones, Remote Surveillance Tech

Don't know if this is true, but here is a link to a report in the Jerusalem Post saying that India is all set to acquire Israel's largest armed drone, the Heron TP. https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/India-considering-buying-armed-version-of-Israeli-drone-608131 India considering buying ‘armed versio...
by Roop
16 Nov 2019 22:39
Forum: Military Issues & History Forum
Topic: VayuSena Rafale: News and Discussions - 17 Oct 2016
Replies: 2978
Views: 538205

Re: VayuSena Rafale: News and Discussions - 17 Oct 2016

Here is a YT link listing the India-specific enhancements (ISE) to Rafale (I don't know how accurate it is, I simply offer it FWIW):

by Roop
07 Nov 2019 21:13
Forum: Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum
Topic: J&K Union Territory-2019
Replies: 3404
Views: 543848

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

An excellent program on NewsX about the visit of the EU observer team to J&K. Of course I'm biased, I think it's excellent because it agrees with my views 8) , but more to the point, I am sure this is roughly what MAD and Jaishanker were thinking when they decided to invite the EU team. tootOWpG...
by Roop
03 Nov 2019 01:57
Forum: Military Issues & History Forum
Topic: India-US Defence Trade & Technology Initiative: News & Discussion
Replies: 17
Views: 2732

Re: India-US Defence Trade & Technology Initiative: News & Discussion

It would help if some of these acronyms are expanded/explained. What is OSD? What is EMD?
by Roop
31 Oct 2019 05:43
Forum: Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum
Topic: India-EU News & Analysis
Replies: 1650
Views: 186918

Re: India-EU News & Analysis

Is Sweden wacko? On this topic (Europe and Islam) and relevant to the Mighty Mongolian's post above, I offer the following comment, which I copied from a blog a few years ago. I would love to give credit to the blog and the original author, but I can't because I don't have that info handy here. Any...
by Roop
31 Oct 2019 03:52
Forum: Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum
Topic: Indo-UK News & Discussions- June 2017
Replies: 3041
Views: 481973

Re: Indo-UK News & Discussions- June 2017

Beyond the beautiful red buses and the clean roads place is rotting due to demographics and is approaching purani dilli fast. Yup. The UK's big cities are, basically, Pakistan with indoor plumbing and good infrastructure. And things are getting worse, not better, because of demographics. Most of th...
by Roop
28 Oct 2019 06:45
Forum: Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum
Topic: J&K Union Territory-2019
Replies: 3404
Views: 543848

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

UlanBatori wrote:If I may wander into a rotten-tomato-throwing contest...


Ah come on, Ulan mian, tell the truth. You love wandering into these food-fights. It gives you a chance to battle-test your latest DRDO-issued chaff and flare dispensers. :D
by Roop
28 Oct 2019 06:27
Forum: Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum
Topic: Terroristan - May 1, 2019
Replies: 2904
Views: 528159

Re: Terroristan - May 1, 2019

A deafening silence - Irfan Husain But the attitude of the ummah is surprising: both on the left and right, Muslims have been like the proverbial ostriches. Poor Irfan mian is confused for no reason. The explanation is quite simple: if you criticise China, you'd better be prepared for serious pushb...
by Roop
28 Oct 2019 06:10
Forum: Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum
Topic: Levant crisis - III
Replies: 12251
Views: 1030259

Re: Levant crisis - III

this is the 3rd time I'm hearing about his death. ... Like a cat he seems to have 9 lives 6 more to go :rotfl: You're right, I was thinking the same myself. But there's something important to point out here. All the American public utterances on this have been to the effect that they believe GotUS ...
by Roop
27 Oct 2019 01:16
Forum: Military Issues & History Forum
Topic: MiG-21 Bison shoots down F-16 in Kashmir
Replies: 3777
Views: 648049

Re: MiG-21 Bison shoots down F-16 in Kashmir

The only reason the PAF decided to respond was not because of Balakot but the best laid plans at Chakoti and Muzaffarabad area in POK got destroyed on 26-Feb-19 morning. Our MEA for international opinion tried to omit these 2 strikes. Interesting theory. This question (what happened at Chakoti and ...
by Roop
21 Oct 2019 04:09
Forum: Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum
Topic: Terroristan - May 1, 2019
Replies: 2904
Views: 528159

Re: Terroristan - May 1, 2019

babaji reporting big action by IA/Arty in napakistan... Really don't think a forum like BRF should be giving any credence to news from such sources. What do you mean by "such sources"? What, in your opinion, makes BB unacceptable? In the past, in spite of some exaggerations/inaccuracies, ...
by Roop
14 Oct 2019 00:13
Forum: Military Issues & History Forum
Topic: VayuSena Rafale: News and Discussions - 17 Oct 2016
Replies: 2978
Views: 538205

Re: VayuSena Rafale: News and Discussions - 17 Oct 2016

I mean are Americans, Chinese and Russians fools to develop and induct dedicated stealth aircraft in their fleets. There is no evidence (and no reason to assume) that the Chinese or the Russians do actually have stealth capability. J-20 "stealth" is a joke. But this is the Rafale thread a...

Go to advanced search