Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan - March 17, 2017

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Amoghvarsha
BRFite

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan - March 17, 2017

Post by Amoghvarsha »

Peregrine wrote:
Amoghvarsha wrote:
Amoghvarsha Ji :

The Hansard Site does not give any verdict - neither Aye nor Nay.

Cheers Image
Likely not passed.Would be surprised if it did.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Coal power - Capital suggestion
January 16: China’s National Energy Administration announced that “104 planned and under-construction coal power projects – with a total capacity of 120 gigawatts – have been suspended”. The Chinese “government is taking dramatic steps in order to comply with the coal capacity target laid out in its latest Five Year Plan”. For the record, this has happened in just 13 provinces and more suspensions are being undertaken in the other 11 provinces.
January 18: China’s National Energy Administration cancelled 103 coal-fired projects that were “planned or under construction, eliminating 120 gigawatts of future coal-fired capacity. That includes dozens of projects in 13 provinces, mostly in China’s oil-rich north and west, on which construction had already begun. Those projects alone would have had a combined output of 54 gigawatts, more than the entire coal-fired capacity of Germany”.
March 22: Beijing’s “deadly air pollution has forced it to close all of its large coal-power plants”. In 2013, Beijing’s “city administration swore to stop using coal in the large power plants that supply electricity to the capital and its 21 million inhabitants. By 2015, three of its four coal-fired power plants had been shut down”.
March 22: Greenpeace, a non-governmental global environmental organisation, reported that “China’s clampdown on new coal projects and a reluctance by backers to provide further funds in India and mainly responsible for last year’s drop in the amount of coal-powered generation capacity under development”. The report further states that the “construction planning of coal plants fell [by] 48 percent and new construction starts dropped [by] 62 percent last year compared with 2015”.
Fact 1: Pakistan is planning to add several thousand megawatts of Chinese-backed coal-fired power plants. Fact 2: China is shutting down its own coal-fired power plants.
Cheers Image
RCase
BRF Oldie

Post by RCase »

^^^
Ilon blothel's friendship is 'darker than coal'!
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Veena Malik Dramabaazi Continues On Occasion Of Paki Republic Day :mrgreen:

Veena Malik and husband Asad Khattak are back with a bang with this shocking Pakistan Day tribute Video!
This celebrity couple has been under the limelight for quite a while, and we’re all aware of the reasons.Veena had previously claimed emotional abuse and financial restraints as a reason for filing for a ‘Khula’ against her husband and was even the topic of investigation on various talk-shows that she gave her word to.However, just recent news regarding this duo has been received by the nation with utmost confusion and titter bitter! People are literally being unable to comprehend what is going on between the two.Take a look.. What is there to be shocked ; the whole world knows that this slt is a cha :mrgreen: llu
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

CROSS POSTED FROM CPEC

Paki Journo Warns Against CPEC; Says That Possible End Game Of Chinese Is To Grab Land In Case Of Paki Default On Loans :roll:

Sighting land
Khurram Husain
Two weeks ago, I wrote a piece about the special economic zones planned under the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor in which I drew attention to a news item that had come and gone largely unnoticed in which officials of the Planning Commission were quoted telling the Senate Committee on Planning and Development that “only Chinese investors will be allowed to invest in these SEZs”.
That article drew a sharp response from the Planning Commission and Miftah Ismael, special assistant to the prime minister who is heading the Joint Working Group on Industrial Cooperation, called me to give a lengthy and detailed rebuttal, saying no such exclusivity will be allowed. As a journalist I feel duty-bound to convey the contents of the responses I received, but must also add that these were not the only people who got in touch with me after that article appeared.
So let’s start with the government version. The Planning Commission sent a written response saying the article was “concocted and baseless, reported to mislead the masses”. They “condemned such distorted stories, appeared to be part of a campaign to malign the government efforts for development and economic prosperity of Pakistan”. Ganja Sharif will be long gone , once the "gamechanger project " is 110% implemented :mrgreen:
They claimed that a process to establish SEZs under CPEC had only just begun, and “t is nowhere explicitly stated that only Chinese companies can invest in all SEZ”. Miftah Ismael went a step further, saying he would never acquiesce to such a request if the Chinese ever put one up, emphasising that even the Chinese side has not requested exclusive access.
Fair enough. If the government side wants to stake out such a strong and unequivocal position on such an important matter, their view deserves to be known. But the chairman of the committee, Senator Tahir Mashaddi, continues to strongly say that the government delegation before his committee did indeed say what was attributed to them in the news report, adding that there was even a lengthy discussion on the matter after their remarks. “They often do this,” he tells me. “They often back away from things they say during these hearings afterwards”. The reporter who covered the hearing also strongly stands by what he reported, saying that he definitely heard the delegation say what was attributed to them.
So let’s get past this verbal impasse. If the government wants to today strongly emphasise that they will not negotiate exclusivity for Chinese investors in these SEZs, let’s take them at their word. After all, with time all will become clear, although hopefully by then it will not be too late.
The thing is, this is Pakistan, and the age-old adage that used to be said about the game of poker applies very well here: look around the table, if you can’t figure out who the sucker is, it’s you. In this country, the rules of the game are rigged long before they have been written down. Winners and losers are preselected before the game even begins. So what will really happen once these SEZs are ready is something that will only be known by its effects, not by the rules negotiated by any working group.
The point to note is this: thus far the country’s CPEC conversation has revolved around the question of routes, which province is receiving the largest share of the investment, and the financial terms on which this investment is coming in. But now it is moving into a new area: land.
Land is what this country is fundamentally about. Land is where the rubber meets the road. In my last column I gave the example of Sri Lanka, where things went wrong in a couple of large projects and their debts proved too burdensome for that country’s economy to manage. The penalty that Sri Lanka had to pay was land, swapped along with operational control of the port, in exchange for the debt that they could no longer service.
An advance warning to the Pakis if they want to preserve their "precious sover-virginity" :mrgreen:
Since then I have learned that such examples are numerous. Tajikistan gorged itself on Chinese investment with much fanfare more than a decade ago. There too the arrival of the Chinese was hailed as a ‘game changer’ when the enterprise got under way. By 2009 or so, they had difficulty meeting their debt-service obligations. So they asked for some relief from the burdensome terms. And you know what they had to give up in exchange for this relief? Land. So, basically what he is saying that if "Due Diligence" had been performed , this deal could have been rejected ; but it is too late and the Chinis have got Pakistan by the bxxls :D
In 2011, the government of Tajikistan announced that they had just concluded a deal with the government of China, ceding control of 1,100 square kilometres of mountainous land to the Chinese under the garb of settling a centuries-old border dispute. The agreement had been reached in 1999, but finalised precisely at a time when Tajikistan’s debt difficulties began. The territory represents one per cent of the country’s total land area. In Foreign Diplomacy, there are no permanent friends, only permanent interests ; the Pakis learnt this the hard way with Massa ; then it will be Chinese who will impart this lesson to them !
At the time, more than a third of the country’s total external debt was owed to China. By 2010, the year before the land deal, some 82,000 Chinese were working in Tajikistan, up from less than half that in 2007. The land that was ceded is now being tilled by Chinese farmers. Is this scenario plausible in Islamic Pakistan ; instead of farming, the Chinese might open pig breeding farms :D
We have much to learn from Central Asia’s experience where Chinese investment has played a very positive role in building infrastructure. But the authoritarian nature of the regimes there meant very little of the growing collaboration was done with any transparency, and once the costs of the deals began to assert themselves, one of the instruments of settlement was land. So get ready for Chini immigrants !
So now that Pakistan and China are at the ‘inception stage’ of a process to negotiate the creation of SEZs, and their associated infrastructure and raw material requirements, it is worth bearing in mind that the game is becoming very serious indeed. Nothing summons up the animal instincts of our economy quite like land does, and now that a party as large as the Chinese government is poised to enter that field, extreme care must be taken. Let nothing be agreed to in the dark. Is it too late to "upon up" again the signed agreements ; are the Aam Abduls aware of the Chinese experience in other countries - Time will tell .
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

https://twitter.com/KhurramHusain

Pak Journo Khurram Hussain
Dawn editorial asks: How can banks stop money laundering when a confessed launderer can become Finance Minister? :D [*]

[*]Finance Minister of Pakistan is London trained Chartered Account Ishaq Dar ( Bag-Man and close relative of Ganja Sharif )
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

https://www.defencenews.org/2017/03/unt ... 1-war.html
The Untold Story of India’s Decision to Release 93,000 Pakistani POWs After 1971 War
Indira Gandhi’s paramount concern at that moment of time was figuring out how to get Bangladeshi leader Sheikh Mujibur Rahman back to his country alive and well.She was prepared to pay any price to save his life. This much the prime minister confided to at least one member of her so called ‘kitchen Cabinet’. That person was Ram Nath Kao. the RAW chief.She was acutely aware of the fact that Mujib was tried by a Pakistani military court and a verdict of death by hanging on charges of treason had been handed down to the Bangladesh leader. Also, as is typical with the Pakistani military, its security services did not fail to demonstrate their morbidity in the crudest possible terms. In his prison cell, a 6.5 ft long grave was dug with a rope with a loop at the end hanging over it – serving as a warning that he could face a cruel death any moment.It would be a nightmare for Gandhi if the Pakistan army carried out the death sentence and left Bangladesh an orphaned state. For India, which supported the Bangladesh liberation struggle with its heart and soul, his execution would be an unmitigated disaster, a dream shattered. So it was in India’s interests to leave no stone unturned to save Mujib’s life, for his sake, for the sake of his family, for the sake of Bangladesh and for its own sake.
It was under Mrs Gandhi’s instructions that Muzaffar Hussain – the former chief secretary of the East Pakistan government, the highest ranked civil servant posted in Dhaka as of December 16, 1971 who had subsequently become a POW in India – was lodged as a VIP guest at the official residence of D.P. Dhar. His wife, Laila, who was visiting London when war broke out on December 3, 1971 couldn’t return home and was stuck there. Both husband and wife (in Delhi and London) were communicating with each other through diplomatic channels. I was assigned the job of a VIP courier. Thanks to conducting several back and forths between the two, I soon established a useful rapport with Laila Hussain.
The prime minister was very much aware that Laila and Bhutto had been intimate friends for a long time and continued to be so. It was felt at the PMO that she was well placed to play a key role in a one-off diplomatic “summit” at the VIP lounge, the Alcock and Brown Suite, at Heathrow airport.I succeeded in setting up the meeting. The two long-lost friends, Laila and Bhutto, met at the VIP lounge at Heathrow airport. The meeting was marked by great cordiality. It was as convivial as could be. Without a doubt, the back-channel encounter turned out to be a meeting of great historic significance. It was well and truly a thriller, a grand finale to this narrative.Bhutto was quick on the uptake. As he responded to Laila’s emotional appeal for help in getting her husband released from Indian custody, he also cottoned onto the fact that the lady was in fact doing the Indian government’s bidding.With a twinkle in his eye, Bhutto changed the subject. And pulling her aside, he whispered to Laila a very sensitive, top secret message for the Indian prime minister. Sourced from Laila, I quote:“Laila, I know what you want. I can imagine you are [carrying a request] from Mrs. Indira Gandhi. Do please pass a message to her, that after I take charge of office back home, I will shortly thereafter release Mujibur Rahman, allowing him to return home. What I want in return, I will let Mrs. Indira Gandhi know through another channel. You may now go.”
After Laila briefed me following the meeting, I lost no time in shooting out a confidential message to the PMO in Delhi reporting Laila Hussain’s input.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

^^ Very interesting indeed!
rajsunder
BRFite

Post by rajsunder »

Prem wrote:https://www.defencenews.org/2017/03/unt ... 1-war.html
The Untold Story of India’s Decision to Release 93,000 Pakistani POWs After 1971 War
Indira Gandhi’s paramount concern at that moment of time was figuring out how to get Bangladeshi leader Sheikh Mujibur Rahman back to his country alive and well.She was prepared to pay any price to save his life. This much the prime minister confided to at least one member of her so called ‘kitchen Cabinet’. That person was Ram Nath Kao. the RAW chief.She was acutely aware of the fact that Mujib was tried by a Pakistani military court and a verdict of death by hanging on charges of treason had been handed down to the Bangladesh leader. Also, as is typical with the Pakistani military, its security services did not fail to demonstrate their morbidity in the crudest possible terms. In his prison cell, a 6.5 ft long grave was dug with a rope with a loop at the end hanging over it – serving as a warning that he could face a cruel death any moment.It would be a nightmare for Gandhi if the Pakistan army carried out the death sentence and left Bangladesh an orphaned state. For India, which supported the Bangladesh liberation struggle with its heart and soul, his execution would be an unmitigated disaster, a dream shattered. So it was in India’s interests to leave no stone unturned to save Mujib’s life, for his sake, for the sake of his family, for the sake of Bangladesh and for its own sake.
It was under Mrs Gandhi’s instructions that Muzaffar Hussain – the former chief secretary of the East Pakistan government, the highest ranked civil servant posted in Dhaka as of December 16, 1971 who had subsequently become a POW in India – was lodged as a VIP guest at the official residence of D.P. Dhar. His wife, Laila, who was visiting London when war broke out on December 3, 1971 couldn’t return home and was stuck there. Both husband and wife (in Delhi and London) were communicating with each other through diplomatic channels. I was assigned the job of a VIP courier. Thanks to conducting several back and forths between the two, I soon established a useful rapport with Laila Hussain.
The prime minister was very much aware that Laila and Bhutto had been intimate friends for a long time and continued to be so. It was felt at the PMO that she was well placed to play a key role in a one-off diplomatic “summit” at the VIP lounge, the Alcock and Brown Suite, at Heathrow airport.I succeeded in setting up the meeting. The two long-lost friends, Laila and Bhutto, met at the VIP lounge at Heathrow airport. The meeting was marked by great cordiality. It was as convivial as could be. Without a doubt, the back-channel encounter turned out to be a meeting of great historic significance. It was well and truly a thriller, a grand finale to this narrative.Bhutto was quick on the uptake. As he responded to Laila’s emotional appeal for help in getting her husband released from Indian custody, he also cottoned onto the fact that the lady was in fact doing the Indian government’s bidding.With a twinkle in his eye, Bhutto changed the subject. And pulling her aside, he whispered to Laila a very sensitive, top secret message for the Indian prime minister. Sourced from Laila, I quote:“Laila, I know what you want. I can imagine you are [carrying a request] from Mrs. Indira Gandhi. Do please pass a message to her, that after I take charge of office back home, I will shortly thereafter release Mujibur Rahman, allowing him to return home. What I want in return, I will let Mrs. Indira Gandhi know through another channel. You may now go.”
After Laila briefed me following the meeting, I lost no time in shooting out a confidential message to the PMO in Delhi reporting Laila Hussain’s input.
wasnt mujibur killed afterwards in bangladesh?? Personally i think releasing of 93000 pow's was the payment for lal bahadur shastri murder.
Rishi Verma
BRFite

Post by Rishi Verma »

http://m.timesofindia.com/nri/us-canada ... 848920.cms

Who is this paki chuti*ya Reza Ass-Lun from CNN
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from the “Pakistani Economic Stress Watch” thread.

Article on CPEC aka Conning Pakistan to Enrich China titled “Pakistan wrestles with growing 'Chinese corridor' debt” in the Nikkei Asian Review:
March 27, 2017 11:00 am JST

Pakistan wrestles with growing 'Chinese corridor' debt

Analysts say burden of economic agreement with Beijing may be unsustainable

TOM HUSSAIN, Contributing writer

ISLAMABAD -- Two international lending institutions and Pakistan's central bank have raised concerns about the debt burden of a huge China-led infrastructure program on the country's improving but fragile finances.

Surging Chinese imports for the initiative, known as the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor program, have complicated Pakistan's balance of payments problems during its second year of economic recovery following a decade of conflict with Taliban insurgents and their al-Qaeda allies.

Chinese machinery imports for power generation and transport infrastructure will reach $27.8 billion in the fiscal year ending in June 2021. The CPEC aims to build roads, railroads and energy infrastructure across Pakistan.

The Pakistan government has said that further projects costing $16 billion are expected to be implemented by 2030, while preparations are continuing for additional elements following negotiations in December that expanded the program's overall cost to $55 billion from $46 billion.

Pakistan and China have been close diplomatic and defense allies since the 1960s. Underlining the broadening of the relationship through CPEC, a 90-member honor guard from the People's Liberation Army participated in Pakistan's national day military parade in Islamabad on March 23 -- the first appearance by Chinese troops.

However, the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund have both expressed concerns about the financial strains caused by the CPEC program. "Sovereign guarantees associated with the CPEC project [will] elevate fiscal risks over the medium-term," the World Bank said in its Global Prospects Report for 2017, published in January.

In October, the IMF said the execution of CPEC projects would create a surge in foreign direct investment and other external funding inflows, but the import requirements of these projects "will likely offset a significant share of these inflows, such that the current account deficit would widen."

In a further illustration of international concern, the global credit ratings agency Fitch said on Feb. 6 that Pakistan's "increasing gross external financing needs could increase the country's vulnerability to shifts in investor sentiment." Fitch affirmed its non-investment grade "B" rating for Pakistan's sovereign debt, with a stable outlook.

The State Bank of Pakistan, the central bank, has been more cautious on the impact of CPEC, but warned in a monetary policy statement in January that "going forward, with the risks to the external sector, the need of financial inflows would grow further."

Prominent local economists have also expressed serious concerns. Hafiz Pasha, a former finance minister, and Ashfaq Hassan, a former adviser to the Finance Ministry, have estimated that CPEC loans will add $14 billion to Pakistan's total public debt, raising it to $90 billion by the fiscal year ending June 2019.

"The government policy of short-term borrowing is risky and at a high cost," Pasha said, speaking on a local television in January.

Noting that Pakistan has extended sovereign guarantees to CPEC project loans and subsequent profit repatriations, Pasha and Hassan projected that debt servicing payments would rise to $8.3 billion in the fiscal year ending in 2019, widening the current account deficit to 4% of gross domestic product from less than 1% in the fiscal year ending June 2015, the year before CPEC was agreed.

Without an improbable increase in exports to at least $36 billion by the fiscal year ending June 2019, from the currently stagnant level of $24 billion, Pakistan would have to request renewed balance of payments support from the IMF by the year ending June 2019, they said.

Alarmist

Mohiuddin Aazim, an independent economic analyst based in Karachi, said the projections by Pasha and Hassan were alarmist because they classified borrowing for CPEC power projects as public debt, while the government and multilateral lenders consider it to be private debt held by independent power producers.

"Foreign debt servicing in case of energy projects will be a responsibility of Chinese companies that will come and set up energy production units, so this should not create additional debt servicing burden on the part of Pakistan," Aazim said in an interview. "The much-feared increase in our import bills would be compensated by a simultaneous increase in foreign direct investment that these Chinese and other foreign companies will bring in."

Finance Minister Ishaq Dar has also played down concerns about Pakistan's indebtedness. In an article published by local English-language newspapers on Jan. 31 he said external debt servicing obligations would not average more than $5 billion a year up to the fiscal year ending in June 2021.

However, economists using Ministry of Finance data have predicted that the external account deficit will soon widen to unsustainable levels, requiring renewed balance of payments support from the IMF.

"Debt servicing and fuel imports for the new power plants will increase external payment obligations quite substantially in the next three years," said Sakib Sherani, CEO of Macro Economic Insights, an Islamabad-based consultancy. "While Pakistan's current [foreign exchange] reserves position is adequate, it is likely to need to head to the IMF by 2019 at the latest," Sherani said.

To strengthen its foreign exchange buffer, Pakistan negotiated fresh foreign loans totaling $25 billion in the three fiscal years ending in June 2016, while spending $11.95 billion on external debt servicing, the Finance Ministry reported in October. Total foreign public debt increased to $57.7 billion from $48.1 billion, at a cumulative growth rate of 6.3% a year. In the three-year period ending June 2016, the ratio of net debt to GDP remained unchanged at 60.2%, while the fiscal deficit was reduced to 4.6% of GDP from 8.2%.

Since returning to the international capital markets in 2014, after a seven-year absence, Pakistan has issued Eurobonds and sukuk (Islamic bonds) worth $4.5 billion to build up its foreign currency reserves. A $1 billion five-year sukuk issued in October was priced at a historically low yield of 5.5%, compared with 6.75% for an identical issue in November 2014. Foreign-exchange reserves peaked at $23.5 billion in October, but fell to $21.82 billion in the week ending Feb. 10.

The concerns about CPEC come as optimism about Pakistan's economic future rises on the back of cooling domestic conflict and growing consumer demand. Pakistan offers investors a market of about 200 million consumers in which about 70% of the population is 30 or younger.

Coupled with a surge in domestic consumption that followed the decisive phase of the conflict in 2014 and 2015, CPEC will push Pakistan's GDP growth to between 4.9% and 5.3% in the fiscal year ending June 2017, according to recently upgraded forecasts by multilateral lenders and ratings agencies.

In its Global Prospects Report, the World Bank revised its projection for Pakistan's GDP growth in 2016-17 to 5.2% from 5%. It said CPEC-associated improvements in energy and infrastructure, as well as recovering agricultural output and external demand for exports, would push growth to 5.5% in the fiscal year ending in June 2018 and 5.8% in the fiscal year to June 2019.

However, in a separate outlook report published in November, the World Bank warned: "Pakistan's continued growth is not guaranteed."

The bank added: "In the short- to medium-term, sustained progress on energy reforms, CPEC implementation and widening the tax net will be important. Without these structural reforms and other efforts to improve the investment climate, Pakistan's rate of investment will remain weak and its consumption-driven growth will eventually slow down."
For article click web link below:

Pakistan wrestles with growing 'Chinese corridor' debt
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

RCase wrote:^^^
Ilon blothel's friendship is 'dalrkerl than coal'!
RCase Ji :

And Yellowel than Chinese!

Cheers Image
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

X Posted on the Islamism & Islamophobia Abroad Thread

It's hard being a Brummie Muslim and living in the 'jihadi capital of Britain'- Islam Issa : The Independent

My brother, who lives abroad, surprised me with a text message this week saying that everyone is asking him about Birmingham. "Our great city's name has been spoiled," he typed. It wasn't just national press and television reporting about Birmingham, apparently, but the international media too.

I was born in Sparkbrook, the area highlighted in so many reports as a terrorist hotspot after the Westminster attack. The Daily Mail even called it "the jihadi capital of Britain". Soon after the horrific events in London, I realised that as a Brummie Muslim, I was now saddled with a double burden. It's hard when someone stereotypes your home and your religion like that — but I still consider my identity to be a double privilege.

I am proud that Sparkbrook survived soaring unemployment during Margaret Thatcher's years. In one of its areas, Balsall Heath, the violence of an infamous red light district was defeated by the local community. This city has a long tradition of surviving hardship: the Birmingham Blitz in the Second World War, damaging factory closures and disproportionately low funding from successive British governments. A few years ago, it was confirmed that London has multiple amounts spent on its infrastructure compared to the West Midlands, with only the North East receiving less. Apprenticeships for youngsters remain capital-centric despite Birmingham being the youngest city in Europe, with almost 45 per cent of its population under 25.

If we want to stop radicalisation, let's create apprenticeships and jobs, have a go at improving the quality of schools, and reinvigorate a struggling but diverse arts scene which offers people alternatives in expression. That means stopping the recently promised cuts to the city's creative arts and the drastic city-wide cuts in school funding.

Reporters have been floating around certain areas in the last few days, conducting vox pops with perplexed locals who have nothing sensational to say. These locals have never met an extremist or anyone who would contemplate extremist actions. I've seen journalists crowding outside a lovely family-run restaurant under a raided flat as though something new and terrifying could happen there any minute.

Instead of pointing the finger at a religion or race, we should be noting that these areas are some of the most deprived in Birmingham. It's housing and jobs and youth centres that these residents want to talk about, rather than extremist ideas. The areas are diverse, full of churches, mosques and gurdwaras. Radicalisation doesn't happen inside any of these: it happens online and off the grid.

Reporters should have stuck with The Guardian's one-liner choice from the recently aired Extremely British Muslims: "The only extreme thing around here is the size of the rats, bro."Yes indeed, Big Clapistani-Malsic Rats! If we want to report on these areas fairly, let's consider the impact of this Government's austerity agenda, and the poor management and distribution of funding by the city's current council.

These latest news developments about Birmingham are something of a non-issue. I didn't feel any different when walking around the city since the raids, reports and journalists have come pouring in, because they have nothing to do with me or my community. The real issue is that we might be allowing one heinous crime to ostracise a community already facing low levels of employment and attainment, and compounding that by allowing them to feel victimised.

Despite all the pressures facing Birmingham, this is a beautiful city: not a terrorist hotspot but a tourist hotspot to which Londoners are flocking. So, dear media, unless you genuinely care about it, then please leave my city alone. The secret to radicalisation cannot be found on our beloved streets.

Cheers Image
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Basically -you Dhimmis pay us Jizya- thats what the article says.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Verma-ji:
( For once) this guy , Reza is not from Pakiland ! He is from the Land Of The Ayatollahs !
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Reza Aslan is an apologist for islamism and muslim brotherhood.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

“If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.” ― Adolf Hitler

Aziz urges visiting OIC human rights commission to highlight Kashmiris' plight
A high-level delegation of the Organisation of Islamic Countries' (OIC) Independent Permanent Human Rights Commission (IPHRC) called on Adviser to the Prime Minister on Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz
Aziz, who is Pakistan's de facto foreign minister, discussed human rights violations by occupation forces in India-held Kashmir, which had intensified since July 2016
"The Indian government created a deliberate shortage of essential food supplies, medicines, children food, petroleum products and other basic amenities," the statement read. "Children were denied their basic right to education as a number of schools were burnt and shut down. Hurriyat leadership either remains imprisoned or under house arrest. People were barred from offering Friday prayers in a blatant violation of religious freedom."
Enjoy.

Harami link: https://www.dawn.com/news/1323161/aziz- ... ris-plight
Rishi Verma
BRFite

Post by Rishi Verma »

Bakistan to Rename Joker University to Comedy University
Interestingly, the move comes days after the 63-year-old Pakistani politician, who lives in exile in London, had urged Prime Minister Narendra Modi to speak out against the brutality of Pakistan Army against Muhajirs, who are Urdu- speaking people who migrated from India during partition.
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

Prem wrote:https://www.defencenews.org/2017/03/unt ... 1-war.html
wow... great to know. I always thought some bargaining would have been there when India released 93K PoWs.. Looks like Pakis had a trump card in their hold over Rahman. Despite that Indira got them to sign Simla accord which voids Nehru's UN blunder for most part.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Rishi Verma wrote:Bakistan to Rename Joker University to Comedy University
... Prime Minister Narendra Modi to speak out against the brutality of Pakistan Army against Muhajirs, who are Urdu- speaking people who migrated from India during partition.
Interesting tactical move by the sindhis. Set themselves apart from the mohajirs. But the sindhis will first have to locate the sprawling campus on the map. That would be hard even though the official ground breaking took place two years ago. But why bother? Half their universities exist only on paper. See fotoo of AHU below.

All they have to do is rename the signs like this. Might as well name it after lal topee.

Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

IMO,the Gilgit Baltistan motion - whether it passed or did not pass - is a diplomatic victory for India ; the fact , that this kind of a private member's motion, itself was allowed to be introduced in the British Parliament could be considered " a " diplomatic slap in the face " to Pakistan and it must be part of overall plan of Modi-ji to name and shame at every opportunity :mrgreen:
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Bangladesh refuses to tour Pakistan

Paraphrasing:
Pakistan had invited Bangladesh to tour the country for two Twenty20 matches after the conclusion of the International Cricket Council's (ICC) Champions Trophy. However, BCB declined the invite.
...the national team's visit to Bangladesh was scheduled for July...We will now revisit that decision as Pakistan has already toured Bangladesh at least twice in the past," he added.
:((

https://www.dawn.com/news/1323160/bangl ... aryar-khan
Atmavik
BRF Oldie

Post by Atmavik »

anupmisra wrote:
All they have to do is rename the signs like this. Might as well name it after lal topee.

Lal Topee Univ is on the moon. one can fly to it on Horse back but has to be a True Malsi
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Is This Possible In Pakistan Where Every Mullah Is Baying For Hindu And Christian Blood :twisted:

Pakistani man wins right to change religion from Islam to Judaism :roll:
The Express Tribune > Pakistan
ISLAMABAD:
Many people embrace Islam, but vice versa seldom known. Fishel Benkhald, 29, has finally won the right to confess the religion of his choice – Judaism.
The ministry of interior has recently given the green light in response to his application where he had sought ‘conversion/correction’ of his religion from Islam to Judaism in his national identity documents. Is not apostasy a crime in Malsi ?
In the record of the country’s top database authority, Behkhald is registered as a Muslim. Faisal, as he is known in his current identity documents, was born to a Muslim father and a Jewish mother in Karachi in 1987. He was registered as a Muslim due to his father’s religion.
However, recently he made an appeal to the National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) to allow him to return to the religion of his choice, Judaism, by correcting his faith in a Smart Card he had applied for last year.A reliable source in the ministry of interior has informed that NADRA, which was in a fix over the issue, had asked for the ministry’s opinion to correct the religion of a former Muslim. In its response, the ministry said in writing that “the applicant may be allowed to practice religion of [his] choosing and preference”.NADRA usually turns down such requests, especially from Muslims to any other faith, due to the sensitive religious atmosphere in the country. Although the interior ministry has given the green signal, NADRA has yet to issue a Smart Card after correcting Benkhald’s religion. Application for "conversion" sent by Ministry to Council For Islamic Ideology, the Islamic Watchdog for the Mullah Brigade, for necessary approval (based in Isloo) . Hope that he is not added to the Wajib-ul-cutlet list :twisted:
[quoteA document available with The Express Tribune suggests that correspondence between the ministry of interior and NADRA over the issue had taken place in February-March 2017.In a telephonic conversation with The Express Tribune Benkhald thanked the authorities, especially the interior ministry and NADRA, for granting him the right to profess religion of his choice.] IMO, he should wait ! It is possible that a Paki MNA from a religious party may take up this " UnIslamic Action" in the parliament to embarrass the govt of Ganja Sharif ![/quote]“I studied Islam in childhood. But I never practiced it as a religion,” Benkhald said and added that he would consider that a positive development in his case as a treat from Pakistani authorities for upcoming Passover – a religious event of Jews to commemorate their liberation from Egyptian slavery celebrated in March-April. As "insurance" he should get in touch with the relevant Jewish Organizations in Massaland , who may be able to "take up his cause" and help him to migrate if deemed necessary :mrgreen: [/quote]Pakistani Jews, a few in numbers, usually hide their identity from public and according to a top NADRA official their identity details, like house addresses, in the authority’s records are treated as top secret. According to him, there are some 745 registered Jew families in Pakistan.Benkhald said that recently he has mentioned himself as a Jew in the religion column during the ongoing census in Pakistan. Both the mother and father of Benkhald died in 1996 and 1998, respectively.“First milestone has been achieved,” said Benkhald, who has also been campaigning for preserving an old Jewish cemetery in Karachi. Am pretty sure, he must be "hiding" his Jewish origins ![/quote]
JUI-F Senator and religious scholar Mufti Abdul Sattar, commenting over the issue, said a child was not bound to carry on the religion of his/her father or mother. “If the claimant is adult and never practiced Islam (as claimed by Benkhald that he never practiced Islam his whole life except Judaism) then he is free to adopt any religion of his choice,” Sattar said and added that the state was bound to mention religion of his choice in his identity documents. (Liberal Mullah here !)[/quote]Sattar said as per teachings of Abu Hanifa, if a person practiced Islam in the past but later renounced it and adopted some other religion then he/she is bound to be punished.( Mufti Sattar showing true colors here !)
Punishment, according to him, includes a three-day jail to rethink the decision, but if that person still insists he would be punished to death. However, he categorically stated that fatwa was implementable in countries/societies where Sharia laws were implemented in totality not partially like in Pakistan. Mullah is "smart" ; Mullah is playing both sides of the "fence" :mrgreen:
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Blaming India everytime for the problems in Balochistan is really not the solution, Pakistan

The media wing of Pakistan’s armed forces recently confirmed that at least 20 Baloch insurgents, including a Farrari commander, have surrendered to Pakistan Rangers Punjab. Neither the commander nor the insurgents were identified in the statement issued by the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), nor were any details of the surrender provided.

The erstwhile insurgents revealed that they were led by the self-exiled president of the Baloch Republican Party (BRP), Nawabzada Brahamdagh Bugti, and were receiving funding from the Indian intelligence agency, Research and Analysis Wing (RAW). Bugti is also accused of leading the Baloch Republican Army (BRA), a banned organisation which claimed responsibility for carrying out deadly attacks on security forces and infrastructural installations such as gas pipelines, power pylons and railway tracks.

This is not the first time Baloch insurgents have surrendered to law enforcement agencies in Pakistan. Such surrenders were initiated soon after the 2006 military operation that led to the assassination of former chief minister and governor of Balochistan, Nawab Akbar Bugti. Akbar Bugti had never opposed negotiations with the Pakistani government or the army. A couple of days before his assassination, Akbar Bugti said that he was simply defending himself and his people.

“I am not waging a war against a powerful army; I am acting purely in self-defence,” he said.

In response to a question regarding negotiations with the government of then military dictator, General Pervez Musharraf, Akbar Bugti told the reporter,

“They are negotiating with us by dropping bombs and mortar shells.”

This recent newscast of insurgents surrendering comes a few weeks after the announcement of operation Raddul Fasaad, a Pakistan Army initiative on the war on terror. This is reminiscent of the announcement of amnesty for Baloch militants which was declared a couple of years earlier. However, despite incentives, the package has failed to yield any significant results or bring peace to the unstable province.

As a citizen of Pakistan, I would like nothing more than to see peace finally come to Balochistan and Pakistan. But we cannot allow ourselves to be fooled by the hollow claims of politicians and law enforcers.

The insurgency in Balochistan may well have witnessed a decline in recent months, but the grievances of the people are still deeply felt and are capable of sparking outbreaks of militancy at any time. And it is not only militants and self-exiled leaders who complain about the prevalent injustice in the province, as mainstream political parties in Pakistan agree that the people of Balochistan are not treated equitably in comparison with Punjab and other provinces. Operations, initiatives and incentives for surrender will never lead to peace unless they are accompanied by practical steps of development for the province of Balochistan, with a promise to provide its people with equal opportunities in education and legislation.

During my long reporting career, I have never encountered a Baloch nationalist, or even a hardliner, who opposed development and mega projects in Balochistan. Their only concern has been and still is whether these projects are really going to improve the wretched socio-economic conditions under which the Baloch people are forced to live in. Although the multibillion-dollar China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) is not opposed by any quarter of the province, what the people do want to know are the details of the project and who stands to benefit from it, considering the long list of betrayals by the likes of Saindak Copper, the multi-million Duddar Lead-Zinc project, and repeated incidents of exploitation of the province’s natural gas and oil reserves. Considering the ruthlessness of the exploitation by the federal government and Chinese companies, the concerns and grievances are legitimate. Details of CPEC and other projects should be shared publicly and the needs of Balochistan and its people need to be made a priority, otherwise these surrenders and operations are futile.

Furthermore, the Pakistani armed forces have long blamed India for fuelling insurgency in troubled Balochistan by funding Baloch insurgents who target security forces and economic installations. Even though India does not share a border with Balochistan, the forces believe that it operates through Afghanistan, which currently has tense relations with Pakistan. Considering the capability of the militants, it is safe to conclude that there isn’t any massive support by foreign powers as the source of this militancy is completely home-grown. In a video interview with BBC, Baloch guerrilla commander Dr Allah Nazar displayed a cache of small weapons and his armed fellows demonstrated their skills and their training process. Ironically, most of the weapons were made in China. The Baloch hardliners have been publicly seeking India’s help for several years because they think they are being treated as second class citizens and all of Balochistan’s resources are being utilised to develop cities in Punjab.

Furthermore, if Pakistan has concrete evidence of India’s involvement, then it should take up the issue with the United Nations (UN) and the Indian government. This blame game between India and Pakistan is decades old and has nothing to do with home-grown militancy in Balochistan.

I myself have observed friends in Balochistan celebrating the victory of the Indian cricket team against Pakistan. However, what many fail to understand is that such celebrations were not born out of love for India but of anger and frustration at the Pakistani forces. This small act of celebrating a loss, which the Pakistani forces were presumably lamenting, provided the suffering people of Balochistan with a little relief. Whenever the security forces successfully conduct an operation and the national flag is hoisted, the people seem to be anything but happy; Balochistan is not an occupied region, to raise the flag as some sort of victory win just tells the people that they really aren’t a part of the country.

Balochistan is a tribal society where everyone is related to everyone in some way or another. Hence when an operation is carried out, almost everyone knows a relative or a friend who was affected, injured or lost their life in the process. Regardless of the reason for the incident, how can there be a cause for celebration when there are people mourning in the next house? How do you think they must feel when they see the forces proudly hoisting the Pakistan flag when they just lost a loved one?

In Pakistan, a majority of the people living outside Balochistan are ill-informed about the situation in the province, especially since many issues are either taboo and not discussed in mainstream media, or a majority of the key analysts present in the media are naive about the province.

Instead of just pointing fingers and calling people traitors and terrorists, it is high time that the legitimate grievances of Balochistan are addressed. Many non-Baloch blame Baloch tribal chieftains for the poverty in the region. While there may be some truth to this, these very tribal chieftains are close friends of Islamabad and its establishment, and are encouraged to exploit the situation and plunder the resources.

The solution to this situation is simple – if the government was able to assassinate the most powerful tribal chieftain, Akbar Bugti, it can surely hold other tribal chieftains, the majority of whom are members of the mainstream political parties, accountable. These corrupt tribal chieftains enjoy complete impunity even though they are responsible for the deaths of dozens of people. All I am saying is that the problems present in Balochistan should be debated and addressed rather than exploiting or blaming India for them. The people of Balochistan deserve the hope of a peaceful and prosperous life. Instead, they face not only a serious law and order problem but also significant disadvantages due to the lack of educational institutions, hospitals and infrastructure.

Arresting foreign agents or militants surrendering from Balochistan will never help normalise the situation until injustices to this province are admitted and addressed. All they want is a sense of belonging.

Cheers Image
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Cousin marriage ‘triggers disorder’
https://www.dawn.com/news/1323037
LAHORE: The trend of marriages between cousins, within a clan or caste should be discouraged as the number of children suffering from a group of genetic diseases, called Lysosomal Storage Disorder (LSD) in medical terminology, is on the rise.Such children do not survive more than five years if not diagnosed and treated as early as possible. Treatment of LSD changes outcome from miserable death to a near normal but it is very expensive.This was crux of speeches delivered by a panel of experts at a workshop arranged at Children’s Hospital by its Department of Paediatric Gastroenterology and Hepatology on Saturday.The panel of speakers urged the government to take a step forward and support these patients by developing a policy for LSD.Prof Dr Huma Arshad Cheema said LSD was caused by defect in special enzymes required to break down certain waste products in the body and the defect led to interference with normal cellular function. The symptoms include abnormal bony changes, recurrent chest infections, enlarged liver and spleen and Central Nervous System manifestation.
“The severity of disorder varies but symptoms start appearing as early as one year of age. Due to lack of awareness, diagnosis is often late and the affected children die at young age,” she said while adding that family members of patients suffering from LSD have now started efforts to reach out to the government and other institutions for their support so that their children could get the required treatment and lead a normal life.Dr Hani Akbar Rao while presenting an overview about the recent advancement of LSD in Pakistan said that every year more than 250 children are diagnosed with the disorder. Previously, it was challenging to diagnose LSD in Pakistan and the samples had to be sent to the US, the UK, Germany, Australia and India and the reports received after three to four months.“The government should also ensure availability of enzyme therapies for the treatment of affected children, so that they might lead as normal a life as possible, and contribute to the welfare of the country as responsible citizens,” said Prof Ali.
Rishi Verma
BRFite

Post by Rishi Verma »

^^ LSD treatment by Prof. Ali just sounds :rotfl:
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Indian politicians suffer from a form of this leading to large hearts favorable to the Pakis.
RCase
BRF Oldie

Post by RCase »

LSD was caused by defect in special enzymes required to break down certain waste products in the body {which is the need for pakistan} and the defect led to interference with normal cellular mental function {aka delusions}. The symptoms include abnormal bony changes {leading to bone-headedness}, recurrent chest infections thumping, enlarged liver and spleen H&D and Central Nervous System {also know as KO - Kashmir Obsession and Strategic Depth} manifestation.
“The severity of disorder varies but symptoms start appearing as early as one year of age {due the mutant variant of Pakistani Malsi}. Due to lack of awareness, diagnosis is often late and the affected children die at young age due to madrassa inspired IED mubaraks
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Fully Posted on the Analyzing CPEC Thread - Thank you China for giving a "Loving Hug" to the Clapistani Textile Industry!

A tale of two textile cities — one in China and one in Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: The month of February featured tales of two textile cities.
The first news came from Islamabad where the Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) approved a grant of Rs12 million to facilitate the wind-up process of Pakistan Textile City Limited, which was inaugurated with much fanfare in 2011 at Port Qasim Karachi. This textile city never produced a single meter of cloth.
The second was a textile city, announced recently, not in Pakistan but China. The Xinjiang Textile Park was inaugurated in the border province of China-Pakistan. Xinjiang now grows 60% of Chinese cotton. Only in 2016, 22 new enterprises were opened in Aksu Textile Park in southern Xinjiang, producing 10 million meters of cotton cloth with 800,000 spindles every year.
The Pakistan Textile City Limited envisioned to produce 80,000 new jobs, and created only administrative jobs in the headquarters.
Already, the Karachi Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KCCI) has shown serious concerns over “threats of further losing its market share to China”.
The chamber, in its report, said, “Setting up of the textile park at Xinjiang will give a heavy blow to Pakistani textile exports.”
In 2015, I made a presentation in the PIDE Annual Conference, on how Lawrencepur Brand, Pakistan’s premier brand of clothing, was forced to move its operations from Pakistan to China. Yes, Lawrencepur is now made in China.
I am ready to believe that all Chinese goods will just move from the north to south to be shipped around the world. I am also assuming that the take-over of the Pakistan Stock Exchange by Chinese and intense manoeuvres by Chinese industrialists to buy big Pakistani textile firms will also be good.
Cheers Image
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Paki Paper "Promotes And Praises" UAE Version Of Sharia

Pakistani man pardons 10 Indian killers of son :roll:
The Express Tribune > World
A Pakistani man, whose son was killed in Abu Dhabi in 2015, has pardoned the murderers – all Indians – who are facing death sentence.A court in the United Arab Emirates has approved [the request] to pay the blood money, BBC Urdu reported on Sunday.The murderers, who came to work in Abu Dhabi from Indian Punjab, were convicted in October last year for killing a Pakistani youth, Muhammad Farhan, following an altercation. Under the Sharia law, which the UAE follows, an appeal against the death penalty can be filed in the court if the victim’s family and the convict reconcile, and the family pardons him.
Mohammad Riaz, who belongs to Peshawar, in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa, has decided to pardon the killers of his son. Although the court has to rule on the pardon, the appeal has given the convicts a new ray of hope, and a possibility to walk free.The blood money is being arranged by a Dubai-based Indian businessman SP Singh Oberoi. He is the president of Sarbat Da Bhala Charitable Trust, a not-for-profit organisation that works for people convicted and arrested for such matters. “We have worked out reconciliation,” said Oberoi.
Riaz, according to Oberoi, has assured he [on behalf of his family] will ask the judge to pardon all the 10 convicts.The Indian businessman said Riaz had been invited from Pakistan three days ago, with all arrangements, including a visa and accommodation being made by his trust. “We somehow made him agree … and as per the Sharia law, have submitted Dhs 200,000 as blood money in the court,” he added. Are we revisiting the "Raymond Davis trial " all over again? Only, this time, the venue has shifted from La-Whore to UAE :twisted:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Concern In Paki Establishment Circles About Raheel Selling His Soul To The Saudis :roll:

Raheel Sharif’s reticence
But the latest criticism of the decision by the PTI and ambivalent comments by senior government officials indicate that there remains a great deal of concern and uncertainty.
The government’s unnecessary evasiveness and the clandestine manner in which Gen Raheel’s imminent appointment has been handled have created an impression of secret deals — an impression that must be emphatically dispelled in parliament.
IMO, Ganja Sharif's "good word" on behalf of Raheel must have "clinched the deal " :mrgreen:
RCase
BRF Oldie

Post by RCase »

To post in Benis or not, that is the question...

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/worl ... 872857.cms
NEW DELHI: Facebook has removed 85 percent of content considered insulting to Islam, but the high court in Pakistan's capital is unhappy because there's still "carpet bombing and drone attacks going on at our ideological boundaries" What happened to the atimi takat? How come no nuclear threats?, The News reported.
"(The) ideology of Pakistan, Sunnah of Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) and the common binding force for all Muslims in the shape of love and respect for the Prophet (PBUH) regardless of color, creed and sect are the boundaries under attack", said justice Shaukat Aziz Siddiqui of the Islamabad high court (IHC) yesterday. Bakistan is the taekhedar of Malsi.
This is the same court that earlier this month ordered the Pakistan government to start an investigation into online "blasphemy" and threatened to block Facebook and other social media networks if they failed to censor content considered insulting to Islam.
Following that order, Pakistan's interior minister Nisar Ali Khan reached out to Facebook to comply.+
"Now there's only 15 percent of such content left to be removed" {400% sure}, the country's interior secretary Arif Khan told the Islamabad High Court yesterday.
"Facebook agreeing to our demands is a big achievement," said the head of the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority.
IHC isn't that impressed. Hence Baki H&D is saved!
"If social media wages a war against us, what remedy (do) we have and where (is) our information technology wing," the IHC bench asked, chastising the IT ministry for "behaving like silent spectator and having no mechanism to deal with the issue." Sirji, the IT ministry in Bakistan oversees other, more important activities of IT!
The IHC futrher said it got no "satisfactory answer" from the state machinery on the preventive machinery against "the war waged through social media." Lal Topi was right about a fifth generation war!
The top leadership of Pakistan needs to raise a "national firewall enabling Pakistan to monitor its's internet traffic and all the users", justice Siddiqui said. If Ilon Blothel has have the great wall of China and a national firewall, how can the new dominion be left behind?
Pakistan previously banned Facebook for hosting allegedly blasphemous content for two weeks in 2010. As well, YouTube was unavailable from 2012 to 2016, over an amateur film about the Prophet Muhammad that led to global riots. Solution is simple. Please ban internet, as that was not used by the prophet.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

^^^^^^^

ban everything else but the camel.

as that was the thing around in those times.

It was the means to an end.

and every end had multiple means :wink:
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

https://www.dawn.com/news/1323149/in-bj ... -in-mumbai
In BJP's India, a call to demolish Jinnah's house in Mumbai
A Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) lawmaker, Mangal Prabhat Lodha, on Monday demanded that a residence owned by Mohammad Ali Jinnah in Mumbai be demolished and that a cultural centre be built in its place, Times of India reported.Lodha, who is a property magnate in Mumbai, was speaking at the Legislative Assembly on budgetary demands when he said: "The Jinnah residence in south Mumbai was the place from where the conspiracy of partition was hatched.""Jinnah House is a symbol of the partition. The structure should be demolished," he said.Lodha, who is a member of India's legislative assembly (MLA), claimed that the Public Works Department has to pay hundreds and thousands of Indian rupees just for the iconic building's upkeep and maintenanceThe structure should be demolished and a cultural centre highlighting Maharashtra's culture and pride should be built. The cultural centre should also exhibit the glorious history of India," Lodha said.The demand was made by the BJP member in the wake of the Indian Parliament passing the controversial amendments to the Enemy Property Act 1968 earlier this month..
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Wife Turns Husband In Over Honour Killing Of Daughter - In Islamabad.

Father allegedly chokes teenage daughter to death over 'honour' in Islamabad
The incident took place within the jurisdiction of Golra police station.The accused confessed to killing his daughter over ‘honour’, in video footage available with DawnNews. He refrained from sharing details about the incident.The reported confession was confirmed by Golra police and they stated that the accused surrendered himself after allegedly killing the girl.
The corpse of the girl has been sent for postmortem.The victim's mother registered a First Information Report (FIR) against her husband in the case and further investigations are underway. Surely there has to be a connection between the "religious frenzy atmosphere" and the occurrence of such killings !
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Islamabad High Court Announces Committee to "Watch Obscene Content" :D

HC forms committee to watch obscene content
ISLAMABAD: Islamabad High Court Justice Shaukat Siddiqui has constituted a committee to examine the contents of TV programs and identify obscene material. The constitution of committee to monitor and report obscene content without any clear definition of 'obscenity' by the legislature is an unprecedented move. The committee includes private citizens who are known for their rigid views about women and their appearance. ( So, what they are not "allowed to watch in public", now they can "easily watch officially in private ! Is there more "supply" of male committee members then the "demand" :mrgreen: )
Justice Siddiqui made this order while simultaneous hearing of two different petitions involving PEMRA and the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting. During the hearing of petition by Mr. Salman Shahid on the blasphemous content on social media, the court decided to hear it together with an older petition by Mr. Waqas Malik, which was against the obscene contents on TV channels. "Blasphemacy"and "obscenity" given "equal footing" in the Islamic Republic Of Pakistan by the "learned judge" :shock:
It is not clear why a private citizen with an opinion on the case has been made a member of the obscenity oversight committee. It is also not clear why Mr. Waqas Malik's three years old petition was dug out proactively at this time. It is also not known if the court has suggested certain parameters to this committee to undertake its work. The committee shall, therefore, be working on subjective understanding without universally acceptable definitions and strictures of obscenity and immorality. Committee is a "good forum" to watch and rule on all kinds of so-called obscene contents which the Hon. Committee members may not want their other family members to "enjoy" :twisted:
n its order, the court has frequently invoked Article 19 of the constitution that guarantees freedom of expression but puts some restrictions. The Article provides the proviso on the freedom of expression if it doesn't negate or contradict glory of Islam, :roll: national security & defence, friendly relations with foreign states, public order, decency & morality and contempt of court. No wonder Pakis are so morose and aggressive ; "having fun" is a concept alien to Malsi
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Five bodies found floating in Indus River near Attock
ATTOCK: Rescuers have found five bodies floating in Indus River, some 25 kilometers from Attock city, according to Geo News.Three of the bodies were stuffed in gunny bags and recovered from the river with the help of locals.The bodies were shifted to the District Headquarters Hospital for medico legal formalities. Geo News reported that four bodies were decomposed and beyond recognition while one of the deceased was identified by his family as Hamza Majid, a resident of Nowshera district in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.Police have yet to make a statement about the cause of the deaths. The Paki fauj had recently announced campaigns to "get rid of terrorists" in KP province and FATA . Paki media, in the past, have hypothized that bodies are tortured, killed and dumped by the "Deep State"!
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

We don’t need another NATO- Pakistan Newspaper Daily Times :D
The strategic partnership between Pakistan and Saudi Arabia has just become more entrenched. And there appears nothing anyone can do about it. Should this be a cause of concern?The government has issued the required NOC to pave the way for former COAS Gen Raheel Sharif to head the Islamic Military Alliance to Fight Terrorism (IMAFT). The latter is a 39-nation bloc charged with countering terrorism in the region, with special emphasis on the rise of the Islamic Sate in the Middle East. Based in Riyadh, it is a most notably a Sunni club. The newly minted editor of this newspaper is a (Shia ?) gentleman by the name of Raza Rumi , who fled Pakistan, and sought refuge in Massaland . I would agree with his contention that this "Islamic Alliance" main purpose is to counter Iran ( and therefore Shia ) influence and military might in ME .
Many quarters in Pakistan charge Saudi Arabia with exporting a rigid interpretation of Islam to this country. There are also those who accuse it of fostering to some extent Pakistan’s sectarian strife. Yet the government was never going to block Gen Raheel from being the IMAFT’s first commander-in-chief. Not only does the appointment promise a rare chance for Pakistan to shine — for all the right reasons, for once — on the world stage when it comes to anti-terrorism. Pakistan also finds it hard to say no to the Saudi kingdom. Not only is the latter the go-to top exile location for former heads of state here — both military and civilian — it is also a rather generous friend to Pakistan. For all its pretenses of being neutral in the inter-Ummah tussle for power, Pakistan is clearly in the Saudi ( Sunni ) Camp !
Back in 2014, Riyadh ‘gifted’ Pakistan a mysterious friendship loan or grant to the tune of $1.5 billion. It was around this time that it also agreed to buy sizeable amounts of arms from Pakistan. Today, Saudi Arabia represents Pakistan’s biggest arms export market. This has caused concern in the US, which has voiced concerns that Riyadh is not only purchasing arms from Pakistan to arm the Syrians — but also that it may have been preparing to buy Pakistani nukes from “off the shelf”. It was against this backdrop that the IMAFT was born. There is no way that Pakistan can play the role of "honest broker" and Iran knows that :mrgreen:
The hope is, therefore, that the IMAFT will in no shape or form comply with the NATO model. For the latter has proved itself an indiscriminate war machine that manipulates notions of humanitarian intervention to further its own agenda. The last thing the world needs is another such Alliance. * The paper is shattering Raheel's "dream retirement package " :lol:
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Falijee wrote:Concern In Paki Establishment Circles About Raheel Selling His Soul To The Saudis :roll:
The government’s ...clandestine manner in which Gen Raheel’s imminent appointment has been handled have created an impression of secret deals
Bakis must now placate the eyerainians and iraqians who must be totally pee'd off with the sunni pakis. Stabbed in the back, I say. Also, I believe this appointment was approved and rushed through by the wannabe momeens to get even with evil Yindoo Modi's deals with the GCC states.