Terroristan - 29 September 2017

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Re: Terroristan - 29 September 2017

Post by anupmisra »

SSridhar wrote:But, KSE is under Chinese control anyway. Can Pakistan(is) demand anything like injecting money? Do they have the right?
I don't think the paki government ever intended to create this fund. This "demand" by the few select brokers for Pkr 20 Bn. (almost $200 M) was only to create a buzz in the market that the government would perhaps, soon, step in to cushion the falling stock values. It was "suggested" that the government creates a debt fund (with sovereign guarantees, no less) to lend money to traders who would indirectly inject cash into the exchange which would prop up the stock values. The chini birathers did it with some temporary success. Recall that the paki index had been tanking over the past few weeks (its last high was in May 2017). But the ploy seems to have worked. Unsophisticated buyers (individual traders most likely) started to buy stock yesterday in the hope of cashing in on the impending upswing and the brokers used this frenzy to sell worthless stock and recoup some of the lost value. Index gained 945 points that day.

There could be political complicity in all this. Watch this space.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Pakistanis Finding It Hard To Get "Turkee Visas"

Turkey is Refusing to Issue Visas for Dozens of Pakistani Entrepreneurs
Startup Istanbul is a flagship startup event that takes places every year in the heart of Istanbul. It features a mix of startups, entrepreneurs, VCs and mentors from around the world for 4 days of networking and inspiration.One part of the event is the “Top 100 Startups”, in which startups pitch their products and services and get advice and feedback from top mentors around the world. Aside from the usual crop of people attending the event, four startups from Pakistan made it to the Top 100 this year. Wow !
Last year, over 100 Pakistanis made their way to Turkey to take part in the event.
Did they make their way back to Pakiland or joined the other migrants, on the way to Europe :mrgreen:
Unfortunately, with the event almost upon us (it starts this Friday), dozens of people from Pakistan (up to 100) are still waiting for their visas to be approved. There has been no official communication on the matter apart from a statement that the Turkish embassy is waiting for approval from Ankara. Probably a time stalling tactic to discourage Pakis from going to Turkee. :D Does operating a hole-in-the-wall shop or a "dukkan" in Krachi or La- Whore qualify you as an entrepreneur for this purpose? Just wondering :mrgreen:
It’s disappointing to see that while our government is changing management for one of the top schools in the country and deporting beloved teachers back to Turkey at the behest of the Turkish government, the very same government is blocking visas for bright entrepreneurs from Pakistan. Erdogan ka danda :roll:
We encourage stakeholders in the industry and government to look at the matter promptly and resolve the situation. Ummah Brotherhood cannot be used as an excuse to by-pass visa requirements !
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Female Pathani MNA Makes A "Shocking Allegation" Against The Kaptaan :shock:

‘After I spoke against Imran, he asked his supporters to throw acid on my face,’ claims Gulalai
While tweeting in ongoing #MeeToo trend on twitter, Ayesha Gulalai claimed that after she spoke out against Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan, he called on his supporters to 'throw acid on my face.'
In her first tweet, Gulalai reiterated that she was harrased by Khan and now he is running away from the investigaiton. “I am a politician from Pakistan. My party head Imran Khan harassed me. Now he is running from the investigation,” she wrote. Not just "tweets" ! But hope that she has "solid evidence" to back up her shocking claim against Imran. Otherwise, she would be "just talking" like Khwaja Asif , present Foreign Minister and Ex Defense Minister of Pakistan ( all noise but no substance !)
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Turkish teacher deported from Pakistan arrested in Turkey

( Erdogan) Mission Accomplished . As a quid pro qua Turkey should ease "visa restrictions" and allow the "so-called Pakistani entrepreneurs" who are still awaiting for their visa to go to Istanbul :mrgreen:
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Duty drawback package being used for promoting Indian goods, PM told

ISLAMABAD: The duty drawback package made for enhancement of exports has not only been found flawed, but has also been deemed as against the interests of Pakistan’s manufacturers as the current one is being used for the promotion of Indian goods.

“We have pinpointed this issue to Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, saying the duty drawback package contains anomaly, as those importing Indian yarn and cloth with zero duty, add some value and export them and earn the 7 percent rebate which is the negation of the spirit of the package offered to the indigenous exporters, Gohar Ejaz, an eminent leader of the textile industry told The News.

“It is crystal clear that the duty drawback package was meant to be offered to those textile manufacturers who pay the duties, taxes in the full indigenous chain starting from cotton, yarn, cloth up to the textile value added products but unfortunately the story is entirely different on ground”.

The fact is Gohar said Indian tycoons have built the textile facilities in Ludhiana in Indian Punjab from where some traders from Pakistan are busy importing the duty-free yarn and cloth through Wagah Border and then they add some value and export them and resultantly they benefit from the duty drawback facility by getting 7 percent rebate.

He said textile industry wants to get the duty drawback of Taxes Order 2016-17 rectified stressing that all the claims and payments of rebate must be made net of any duty-free imports of material used in the value adding process as it is required by the law.

All Pakistan Textile Mills Association Secretary General Hamid Khan in a statement to The News also came up with the concern saying that under the existing Duty Drawback of Taxes Order 2016-17, the genuine exporters who use the indigenous raw materials are not benefitting, rather those who are representatives of the bonded warehouses and involved in importing material from India benefitting from the scheme more than the genuine manufacturers of the textile products.

Shahid Sattar, former member Planning Commission and eminent economic expert also endorsed the statement of Hamid Khan, saying that Indian goods are being projected on account of faulty duty drawback package and it must be altered with immediate effect ensuring the whole benefit to the genuine manufacturers and exporters of the country. The prime minister has promised to look into the matter.

Hamid Khan also said APTMA wants from the government that “provision be made for immediate full payment of performance-based drawback to eligible/entitled manufacturers-cum-exporters units on/after achievements of 10 percent increased performance over the prior year for instance if an exporter achieves 10 percent export growth in first three month of current financial year 2017-18 be released with proceeds realisation certificates”.

With respect to clause 3(2) of the Duty Drawback of Taxes Order 2016-17, he also demanded that the provision of only notified executive members of their association being eligible to verify claim documents has been experienced to be unworkable and cumbersome. So it is therefore, represented that digital signatures be treated acceptable for claim verification purpose. He also said the amount of Rs9 billion has been disbursed under the duty drawback package whereas Rs26 billion claims have been booked and the Rs40 billion claims are yet to be processed.

Cheers Image
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Low Level Qatari Booked For Attempting To Smuggle Nine Falcons

Bid to smuggle 9 falcons to Qatar foiled
LAHORE: The Airport Security Force (ASF) and wildlife department foiled a bid to smuggle nine precious falcons to Qatar and arrested the accused here on Tuesday.Director General (DG) Wildlife Department Punjab, Ayaz Khan said that on a tip-off, a joint team of the wildlife department and ASF conducted action at Allama Iqbal International Airport Lahore.During operation, nine falcons hidden in a black bag owned by a Qatar national Ali Muhammad Al-Sada were recovered. The accused was leaving for his country through a private airline flight.The ASF and wildlife department took the recovered falcons into custody, arrested the culprit and started investigation. Houbara Hunting Season is around the corner ! Falcons in short supply in Qatar ! The Big Fish ( Sheikh ) is probably in his palace, somewhere in Qatar. The low level Qatari minion will probably take the rap on behalf of the Sheikh. Case closed :mrgreen:
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

TSP seems to be feeling Unkils heat?

4 Dronacharya strikes within 24 hours killing 30 people
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

anupmisra wrote:
SSridhar wrote:But, KSE is under Chinese control anyway. Can Pakistan(is) demand anything like injecting money? Do they have the right?
I don't think the paki government ever intended to create this fund. This "demand" by the few select brokers for Pkr 20 Bn. (almost $200 M) was only to create a buzz in the market that the government would perhaps, soon, step in to cushion the falling stock values. It was "suggested" that the government creates a debt fund (with sovereign guarantees, no less) to lend money to traders who would indirectly inject cash into the exchange which would prop up the stock values. The chini birathers did it with some temporary success. Recall that the paki index had been tanking over the past few weeks (its last high was in May 2017). But the ploy seems to have worked. Unsophisticated buyers (individual traders most likely) started to buy stock yesterday in the hope of cashing in on the impending upswing and the brokers used this frenzy to sell worthless stock and recoup some of the lost value. Index gained 945 points that day.

There could be political complicity in all this. Watch this space.
it is possible that all this was systematically planned by some brokers as they must be short selling all these weeks/months and in blink of an eye they bought back and that triggered buying frenzy among others. This gov fund must be red herring to escape scrutiny. These few powerful brokers must be connected to army. Recently army is reaaally concerned about their funding. They must be smiling at their bank account now.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Suspected U.S. drone strikes kill 31 on Pakistan-Afghanistan frontier
Reuters.
PARACHINAR/PESHAWAR, Pakistan (Reuters) - Two suspected U.S. drone strikes on Tuesday killed 11 people on the mountainous Pakistan-Afghanistan border, following a strike a day earlier that killed 20, government and militant sources said.
The attacks came days after a Canadian-American couple held hostage by the Taliban were freed from the area in Pakistan’s northwest, striking a rare positive note in the country’s often-fraught relations with the United States.
On Friday, U.S. drones were seen hovering near where American Caitlan Coleman, her Canadian husband, Joshua Boyle, and their three children, all born in captivity, were freed, after having been kidnapped by the Haqqani network while backpacking in Afghanistan in 2012.
Taliban sources said 18 members of the Pakistan-based Haqqani militants, allied to the Taliban, were killed in Monday’s strike and six in one of Tuesday’s attacks. Trump is blowing both hot and cold at the same time . Praising Pakis and then pounding them with drones :roll:
“There are always drones hovering over this border area, but this was the first time four drones were noticed at the same time,” said Kurram resident Gulab Sher.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

The national bird is back.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Pakistan’s hypocrisy galore - Imtiaz Gul

The hearts and minds of many among the mighty rulers actually reside outside Pakistan, which is why they are indifferent to the plight of Pakistanis

We hear Nawaz Sharif, Asif Zardari, Shahbaz Sharif, Yousaf Raza Gillani, a number of retired generals, bureaucrats and businessmen relentlessly speak — with an ostensible passion and conviction — of the pain they feel for the teeming hapless millions of Pakistan.

Of late, Zardari, who had meekly left the country in a huff in 2016 after hurling threats at the mighty military establishment, is roaring again. During his Peshawar visit, he made all sorts of oblique remarks about Sharif and Imran Khan in particular. He said that every sort of fraud had been carried out in KP, and the state of affairs at Manki Sharif said a lot about the performance of the PTI in the KP province. This was one of the disparaging comments the former president made to the audience.

I am sure his party has turned most of interior Sindh into ‘modern, smart cities’ with the 1.1 trillion rupees that the province has received since 2013 under the National Finance Commission (NFC) award and are now craving to replicate the Sindh model elsewhere. It is quite ironic that these allegations come from a person who is an essential element of almost every conversation on contracts, corruption within governance structures.

If political expedience of the civilian and military ruling elites were not an obstruction, one big water filtration plants’ scheme in Sindh was enough to know the extent and nature of fraud and as to who was behind it. Nawaz Sharif and his hyper younger brother, too, often forget what plays out in the schools and hospitals of Punjab — even in Lahore itself — when they target their opposition — always accompanied by pliant politicians and bureaucrats.

Little wonder much of Pakistan has only deteriorated under these shining stars of the country’s political landscape. National kitty continues to leak under the burden of privileges that the public representatives, bureaucrats and military officials have entitled themselves to. And the situation is not likely to change for two big reasons. Firstly, these leaders are always surrounded by crony and conformist aides, ministers, MPs and bureaucrats, who keep them disconnected from ground realities

Secondly, their business and social interests are outside Pakistan. Same is the case for a number of retired civil and military officials as well as big industrial and business families.

And this brings us to Pakistan’s major predicament; the irresistible craving among most mighty elites — civilians and military alike — to have a second home abroad in locations such as London, New York, Washington or Melbourne. And this has two dimensions; those who go out on postings, and those who chart a career for their children with the eventual objective of having a post-retirement abode in abroad. Most of those who serve in the big capitals, tend to stay back or look for jobs as an excuse not to return to the country.

This very issue once put me to unusual embarrassment during a meeting with Akashi Yasushi, Chairman of the International House of Japan; an extremely soft-spoken person, Yasushi had returned to Japan after over three decades of service with the United Nations in New York. While explaining the reasons of his return to Japan, Yasushi spoke of financial losses he took by having his pension and savings transferred from the US to Japan. He got a hit of up to 15 per cent because of appreciation in the value of yen during the money transfer but never repented.

“I thought that was part of my pay-back to Japan, this country gave me so much and that is why I never intended to settle down in New York,” he said with a radiating and contended face. I have always believed in paying back to my country and this is what we should all be doing, he observed with a tinge of passion visible on his face. After this, we turned to his encounters with foreign diplomats, including those from Pakistan. He began asking about various Pakistani officials he had met during his stint as a senior UN diplomat. He recalled some names. I some times see them whenever I go back to New York. Then he dropped a bombshell.

“Why do most of your officials opt to stay back in the US, I see so many of them hanging around in one or the other capacity”, he said. For a while, I found myself baffled and speechless. This meeting left me stunned and shamed the more I recollected Yasushi’s question as to why Pakistani officials don’t return to their homeland to serve their country as a ‘pay back’. This remains deeply etched in my memory and whenever I run into former officials in the US or Europe, this reminds me of my meeting with the Japanese UN diplomat Yasushi.

The Japanese veteran diplomat was right. You look around and several former retired officials or their sons and daughters would have a permanent home in the US or somewhere either in Europe of the Gulf states. Also, what could be more demeaning than the fact that our leaders like Sharifs and General Musharraf accepted hand-outs ie charity — cash and palaces from the rulers of Saudi Arabia and other Middle-Eastern countries.

This also explains why Pakistan is experiencing only marginal changes in basics of political economy as the elites pillage it via big government-funded projects, only to stash the ill-gotten money abroad. The hearts and minds of many among the mighty rulers actually reside outside Pakistan, which is why they are indifferent to the plight of Pakistanis.

Cheers Image
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

After day-long silence, ISPR says no US drone strikes in Kurram

Amid reports of 31 fatalities in unabated aerial strikes in the Pakistan-Afghanistan border region, the military has said there have been no recent drone strikes inside the Pakistani territory.

“There has been no air [space] violation along the Pak-Afghan border … nor any drone strike in Kurram Agency as being misreported by a few [media outlets],” the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said in a statement on Tuesday night.

It clarified that the sound of aerial bombardment in the region was actually due to joint operations being conducted in the eastern Afghan provinces of Khost and Paktia by the Resolute Support Mission (RSM) and Afghan forces.

The two provinces are adjacent to Kurram Agency where Pakistan Army last week rescued a Canadian-American couple and their three children from Taliban captivity in a daring operation.

According to the ISPR statement, a number of air engagements have taken place in Khost and Paktia during the last 24 hours with reports of heavy losses to terrorists.

Suspected US drone strikes kill 31 on Pak-Afghan border

The ISPR added that since army chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa’s recent visit to Afghanistan, coordination between the security forces of the two countries has enhanced. The RSM had shared details about these operations within the Afghan territory.

Pakistan Army, it said, is vigilant on its side of the border, and that better security coordination will take both countries towards enduring peace and stability by defeating the common enemy. :rotfl:

Cheers Image
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Another US drone strikes in Kurram Agency: sources :D

No drone strikes took place in Kurram Agency: ISPR :roll:

Now it becomes a matter of credibility . ISPR has also said in the past , that there is no Quetta Shura, no Peshawar Shura, Haqqani Network is not based in Pakistan , and many other such things :mrgreen:

VOA DEEWA‏Verified account @voadeewa Oct 16

Four suspected Haqqani network fighters are reported dead in a #drone strike in #Pakistan tribal region of Kurram, local officials confirm. :D
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Paki Deep State is determined to put the Sharif family out of the "family business" :D

Five members of Maryam Nawaz's media cell arrested
JournalismPakistan.com
October 17, 2017
Published 4 hours ago

ISLAMABAD - Five members of ruling PML-N’s ‘strategic media cell’ reportedly run by Maryam Nawaz, daughter of ousted Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif were arrested in Lahore for launching a social media campaign against the army and the judiciary. Online news agency said Tuesday the cell was shifted to Dubai after the Supreme Court of Pakistan disqualified Nawaz Sharif from holding office following an extensive corruption probe. Dubai and Londonistan are competing with each other to become the "base" for Paki political dissidents . Dubai has an edge , due to its geographical location ! :mrgreen: This media cell had allegedly run an organized mudslinging campaign against the army and the judiciary.The five arrested confessed to their ‘crime’, Online said, adding that 26 other members of the cell had been identified and would be arrested soon. or may disappear !
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Exports and Imports of Goods & Services

Terroristan Goods and Services Balance - Jul-Aug FY18P : US$ -6.033 Billion

Cheers Image
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

The Uniformed Jihadi’s of the Punjabi Dominated Military of the Mohammadden Terrorism Fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan brown’s khakhi shalwars and caves in to US threat.

New York Times reports that the US threatened the Mohammadden Terrorism Fomenting Islamic Republic with a unilateral US cross border raid to free Caitlan Coleman, Joshua Boyle and their children if the Uniformed Jihadi’s of the Mohammadden Terrorism Fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan’s Punjabi dominated Military did not launch a mission to free them from their captivity by the Pakistani Military sponsored Un-uniformed Jihadi’s of the Haqqani Group.
……………… The top American diplomat in Pakistan, Ambassador David Hale, turned to his host country, one of the officials said, delivering an urgent message to the Pakistani government: Resolve this, or the United States will.

The implication was clear. If the Pakistanis did not act decisively, the United States would set aside its unease and launch a raid deep inside the country to free the family. It would be another humiliating episode for the Pakistani government, reminiscent of the operation that killed Osama bin Laden in 2011, conducted by the same elite Navy SEAL commandos well into Pakistan without its government’s knowledge. And a failure to act would underscore American officials’ belief that the Pakistani government gives safe haven to the Taliban-linked Haqqani network that had kidnapped the family. ………………….
New York Times:

Navy SEALs Were Ready if Pakistan Failed to Free Family Held as Hostages
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

India can help US to keep an eye on Pakistan: Nikki Haley

WASHINGTON: India can help the US keep an eye on Pakistan as President Donald Trump has "taken tougher approach to Islamabad harbouring terrorists", US ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley has said.

Noting that Trump recently announced a new strategy for combating terrorism in Afghanistan and South Asia, Haley said one of the pillars of that strategy is the development of America's strategic partnership with India.

"America's overriding interest in Afghanistan and throughout South Asia are to eliminate terrorist safe havens that threaten us. And to keep nuclear weapons out of the hands of terrorists, we will use all the elements of our national power economic diplomatic and military to pursue these goals," she said.

Critically we will look to our economic and security partnerships with India, she added.

In her address to an event organised by US India Friendship Council, Haley said Trump has taken a "tougher approach to Pakistan harboring terrorists."

"Pakistan has been a partner to the US at times. We value and respect that. But, we cannot tolerate this government or any other government giving safe haven to terrorists who target Americans. This new approach will require understanding and restraint from both Pakistan and India," she said.

The US, she said, is looking at India to help US more in Afghanistan particularly in economic and development assistance.
India has already made important contributions to the stability of Afghanistan.

"We are really going to need India's help in Afghanistan. They are the good neighbours and partner that we have in the region," she said.

"So, having them help not only with infrastructure and the aide that they can give towards rebuilding Afghanistan, (They can) also help us to keep an eye on Pakistan," Haley said.

"That is going to be really important in making sure that we hold them accountable, because we are at a point where we kind of laid the ground work that we need to see better partnership from Pakistan. We can't continue to see them harboring the terrorists. We have to see something change. India is going to witnessing that. India is going to help us with that," Haley said in response to a question.

The Trump administration is hoping to expand India's contribution in Afghanistan through a deep partnership, she said.

The partnership between India and America is strong and getting stronger because it is rooted in a shared belief in hard work education family and achievement, she said.

"President Trump said when he hosted Prime Minister Modi on his visit to the US in June that, India has a true friend in the US and it is a friendship based on shared values," Haley said.

"Working at the UN really brings home how important it is for countries to share our commitment to democracy. Countries that honour and respect a voice of their people don't threaten peace and security. But, take a look at the countries that are causing most of the trouble in the world. And you will see countries that don't respect the will of their own people," she said.

For instance, Haley said, Trump has just announced a new tougher approach to ensuring that Iran never gets a nuclear weapon.

"It would be catastrophic for the safety of Americans and the world if Iran became a nuclear power. But India is a nuclear power and nobody gives it a second thought. Why," she asked.

"Because India is a democracy that threatens no one," she said.

The US and India have both felt the pain of terrorism and we share the commitment of defeating terrorists and the hateful ideology that motivates them, Haley said.

Responding to a question, Haley said India is a responsible nuclear power.

"We want to show the world that yes there are countries that have nuclear weapon, but they are not supposed to act like North Korea. They are not supposed to manage themselves like Iran," she said.

Haley also said there was a plan for her to travel to India by the end of this year, she said responding to another question.

"There was a plan, possibly I would go (to India) by the end of this year but there's another crisis that has come up that will send me somewhere else. But yes, I mean I would love to go back to India," she said.

"It's amazing and special for me. I was fortunate to be there a few years ago, for the first time when I was two. And it was as magical as my parents say about it. So I look forward to going back to India," she added.

Cheers Image
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

anupmisra wrote:The national bird is back.
The revenge of the houbara bustard.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Seven martyred in Quetta blast

QUETTA: At least seven people including five policemen were martyred and 22 others injured in a blast targeting a police truck on Sariab road on Wednesday.

Talking to the media, Balochistan Home Minister Mir Sarfaraz Bugti said: "Such cowardly attacks cannot weaken our resolve to eliminate the menace of terrorism".

He said a team of forensic experts would arrive in Quetta on Thursday to gather evidence from the blast site.

A truck of the Elite Force carrying 30 policemen was targeted in the blast in the second attack on police in six days.

The dead and injured were shifted to the Civil Hospital.

Television broadcast images of the burned-out remains of the truck the police were riding in.

According to Reuters, banned Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistani issued a statement claiming responsibility for the attack.

Balochistan Governor and Chief Minister have condemned the blast.

Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif also condemned the attack and prayed for the recovery of the injured.

Cheers Image
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Raheel Surfaces From Nowhere With A Statement On Terrorism :roll:

General Sharif Says Terrorists Restrict Attack Strategy to Smaller Rings
Obaid Al-Suhaymi
Manama- Islamic Military Alliance Commander General Raheel Sharif (So, he has been "leased out" to the Sunni Sheiks of Bahrain to crush the Shias there ? ) stressed that Islamic countries exert great efforts when facing the challenge of combating terrorism and violent extremism, especially when confronting groups like ISIS and Al-Qaeda. He pointed out that terrorists no longer use central and organized planning, but resort to lone-wolf attacks and smaller terror rings.
Speaking on the sidelines of the Military Alliances Conference in the Middle East, (shrouded in secrecy ? details please, what, where, when, who and how :D ) Gen. Sharif labeled the initiative launched by the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz to establish the 41-nation Islamic Military Coalition against terrorism as one of the most important alliances in the world. This kind of statement confirms that he has hitched his wagon to the Saudis :mrgreen:
Gen. Sharif highlighted that the Islamic alliance is not directed against any state, doctrine, or religion, but is an alliance set out to eradicate terrorism by promoting tolerance and countering misconceptions surrounding Islam.Terrorist groups and organizations have exploited and marred the image of Islam and its believers. Which Islam is he talking about - the Sunni version or the Shia one !
General Sharif briefed a crowd of military officials and diplomats about the strategy undertook by the Islamic military alliance for the war on terror, which includes countering terrorist propaganda and intelligence work, drying up terror funds and any form of support.He added that one of the tasks is to reduce terror financing through building intelligence capabilities and law enforcement institutions in member states. He said that the coalition will work with international organizations in this regard.Gen. Sharif stressed that the coalition’s military wing will provide support to member states in their fight against terrorism and efforts on deterring violent attacks. This piece is more like a PR release on behalf of Sharif , rather that anything else !
He pointed out to defense ministries in the member states coordinating with the Saudi Defense Ministry led by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman on making decisions related to maintaining the sovereignty, security, and stability of member states.Gen. Sharif reviewed Pakistan’s experience in the war on terrorism, noting that Pakistan had suffered the loss of 6,000 martyrs ( different figures,depending on who is speaking where and when :mrgreen: ) in the war against terrorism.
The main conference’s session was held on Monday with a speech to Brigadier General Nasser bin Hamad Al Khalifa, Commander of the Royal Guards, in which he welcomed Bahrain’s strategy announced by President Donald Trump to address Iranian policies aimed at security and stability in the region. The Iranis have always suspected Raheel to be anti - Shia . And IMO, this confirms that !

Raheel Sharif finds honour in heading Saudi-led military alliance

Same thing re hashed here for the benefit of Paki News Media :mrgreen:
Last edited by Falijee on 18 Oct 2017 16:14, edited 1 time in total.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Peregrine wrote:Seven martyred in Quetta blast

QUETTA: At least seven people including five policemen were martyred and 22 others injured in a blast targeting a police truck on Sariab road on Wednesday.
This must be Quetta, Afghanistan (in a region bordering pakhanistan). Because there are no terrorists in pakhanistan. Operation Raddi and Kabaad took care of all of them.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Example Of Saudi "Danda" :roll:

Poor Hajj arrangements for Pakistanis: Ministry asked to refrain from assailing Saudi govt

Inspite of overwhelming evidence of Saudi incompetencies re management of hajj affairs, it is a sacrilege in Pakistan to criticize, condemn or otherwise negatively comment on the "brotherly" Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia. After all, Paki day to day financial survival depends on the whims and moods of the Head Of The Two Custodial Mosques . Who knows when the aid spigot will be turned off ! It is better to be "safe than sorry" :twisted:
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

sum wrote:TSP seems to be feeling Unkils heat?

4 Dronacharya strikes within 24 hours killing 30 people
shocking that the drone did not drop footballs, per the new US policy.

Why this na insaafi??
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

8 wounded in 'heaviest incident of shelling' by Indian troops across LoC
Eight people, including women and children, were wounded on Wednesday as Indian troops resorted to "unprovoked" heavy shelling across the Line of Control (LoC) in Azad Jammu and Kashmir, officials said
Cheers Image
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

2 security personnel killed in North Wazristan IED blast
Two security personnel were martyred as a security forces vehicle hit an IED in North Waziristan's Miramshah on Wednesday, security forces said.
Cheers Image
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

US expects Pak to take decisive action against terrorists: Rex Tillerson

NEW DELHI: The US on Wednesday said it is the obligation, not choice of every civilized nation to combat terrorism.

US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said he expected Pakistan to take decisive action against terrorist groups based in their own region.

Tillerson was speaking on "Defining Our Relationship with India for the Next Century" at the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), which is a top American think tank.

Stating that he looked forward to US-India "2 plus 2" inaugural dialogue with PM Modi and President Trump, Tillerson said "US needs to collaborate with India to ensure that Indo-Pacific is region of peace and stability."

He said that US is prepared to ensure India has even greater defense capabilities.

In the last decade our counter terrorism cooperation has expanded significantly, he said, adding, "US and India stand shoulder to shoulder against terrorism."

Tillerson also slammed China's provocative actions in South China Sea and said such actions directly challenge the international law and norms that US and India both stand for.

China, while rising alongside India, has done so less responsibly, the US secretary of state said.

Tillerson had a meeting with External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj in New York last month on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly meeting.

President Trump also hosted Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the White House in June.

After assuming office, Trump has committed himself to strengthening the US relationship with India.

Last week, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley met Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross during his visit to the US which concluded today. He raised some key issues of concern to India, including on H-1B visas.

Early this month, the first consignment of American crude oil reached India and Indian petroleum companies plan to purchase crude oil worth USD 2 billion from the US in the next one year.

India has also placed a large defence order with the US worth billions of dollars.

This was Tillerson's first India policy speech after becoming the top American diplomat early this year, comes ahead of President Donald Trump's Asia visit which will take him to Japan, South Korea, China, Vietnam and the Philippines.

Cheers Image
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Tehreek-e-Taliban confirms death of Umar Mansoor, elects new chief

Tehreek-e-Taliban confirms death of Umar Mansoor, elects new chief
Banned terrorist outfit Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) elected Usman Mansoor as their new operational chief on Wednesday after confirming the death of Umar Mansoor, the alleged mastermind of the 2014 Peshawar school attack, which killed 140 people, mostly children. Reports of Mansoor’s death had emerged in 2016 as well, which could not be confirmed.“We confirm the death of Khalifa Umar Mansoor, and Khalifa Usman Mansoor Hafizullah will be replaced as the faction’s commander in Darra Adam Khel and Peshawar,” the Express Tribune quoted a statement from TTP.
According to reports, Umar Mansoor was wounded in a drone strike that was carried out in Paktia province of Afghanistan on Tuesday. He was then moved to an undisclosed location, but succumbed to his injuries on Wednesday. So, Massa did a favour to Pakistan and killed a RAA Agent ( AKA a "Bad Terrorist" :mrgreen: )
The TTP confirmation comes a day after US carried out drone attacks on Taliban hideouts, killing 11 people on the mountainous Pakistan-Afghanistan border, following a strike a day earlier that killed 20.According to Reuters, Mansoor got high school education in Islamabad and later studied in a madrassa. He spent some time working in Karachi as a labourer before joining the Taliban in 2007. Inspite of all this madrassa "education", he felt that Pakistan was not "green onough", so he joined the TTP :roll:
Reports of his death had emerged in 2016 as well after US claimed that Mansoor was killed in an air strike in Afghanistan’s eastern Nangarhar province on July 9. IMO, there is no shortage of candidates for the post of "faction commander" :mrgreen:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Paki Origin MP In Bartania To Take Up "Cause Of Ganja Sharif" In UK. Parliament :roll:

Nawaz Sharif to address British parliament on Pak-UK Relations .
LONDON – Pakistan’s former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif will be delivering a lecture on Pak-UK relations in the prestigious British parliament, said Britain’s trade envoy to Pakistan and Conservative Member of Parliament (MP) Rehman Chishti.
The Tory MP from Gillingham and Rainham called on Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz president in London on Tuesday and invited him to address the members of parliament.‘The invitation was accepted by the PML-N president’ confirmed Chishti but said the date has not been fixed yet.Detailing his meeting, Rehman Chishti said he discussed various issues including ‘looking at strengthening the UK-Pakistan relations, covering trade security and supporting democratic institutions’. Firstly it seems that this "British" MP is a "big fan" of Nawaz Sharif. Secondly, it may not be a "done deal" yet. Obviously, some sort of protocol has to be met. Will the Paki Govt ( the Deep State one !) agree to this "risky" address. In the guise of discussing Pak- UK relations Ganja may use the occasion to garner sympathy for his cause , embarrassing the GOP. Lastly but not the least is Ganja's famous "aversion"- maybe due to shyness, maybe due to not being properly schooled in English - to speaking in front of foreign audiences ( and even on one-on-one interaction ) in English. Maybe the "clever brother" - Shahbaaz - might help him in drafting the speech. He has goofed before on many occasions . In front of Chinese audiences, in front of President Obama, where he made a laughing stock of himself by not reading properly from a prepared speech :twisted:
Britain strongly supported the democratic journey of Pakistan and has been providing support too’ claimed the MP.
On the other hand, a source close to Nawaz Sharif said that the meeting was held to discuss matters of mutual interest in the light of Rehman Chishti’s forthcoming visit to Pakistan.‘Rehman Chishti showed his keen interest in developing better trade relations between the two countries for which Mr Sharif offered his full support’ added the source.
Rehman Chishti was appointed as an adviser to Prime Minister Theresa May last month for the promotion of trade relations between the UK and Pakistan apparently because he had ‘immense knowledge of Pakistan’.Chishti, originally hailing from Muzaffarabad in Azad Kashmir also enjoys close relations with children of Benazir Bhutto.He served as an adviser to former prime minister Benazir Bhutto and worked closely with her on several issues while she was in exile. British voters would be right to question whether this MP will represent their interest in the House or is a poster boy for Pakistan in the UK Parliament !
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Two security personnel martyred killed in Bannu IED blast
BANNU – An IED (Improvised Explosive Device) blast left two security personnel martyred in Frontier Region Bannu, hours after a suicide blast martyred six policemen in Quetta on Wednesday. Did not the ISPR recently announced that "all terrorists" have been wiped out from KP and FATA region !
According to government officials, the vehicle of the security personnel was targeted near Jalal check post by a remote-controlled IED.
The deceased were identified as Sepoy Tasawar Ali and Sepoy Ghulam Rabani.Noone has claimed responsibility for the attack, however, the police have launched investigations into the incident.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Paki Airline Taken For A Ride By Its Ex German CEO, Does Not Know What To Do Now About "The Missing Aeroplane" :mrgreen:

PIA Planning to Sell the ‘Missing’ Aircraft
PIA Planning to Sell the ‘Missing’ Aircraft

A senior official in the Pakistan International Airline (PIA) reported that the national airline is considering selling the aircraft which went ‘missing’ earlier and was later found in a German museum. The spokesperson from PIA, Mashhood Tajwar, said, We are trying to find a solution to the problem. :roll: why not employ a "German Consultant" as the aircraft is "assumed" to be in Germany :twisted: The Airbus is not missing; it is currently in Germany. The Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) is conducting a probe into the entire episode, which is yet to be completed. It will be carried out strictly in accordance with Public Procurement Regulatory Authority (PPRA) rules and all formalities will be fulfilled.
Previously, the plane which in the beginning, officials claimed went ‘missing’ into thin air, was found in Germany. The PIA management caused a controversy as they didn’t know if another plane had also gone missing. This Airline is a "huge embarrassment" to the GOP !
The former CEO of PIA, Bernd Hildenbrand is a German citizen. The Minister of Parliamentary Affairs, Sheikh Aftab Ahmad told the Senate that the German CEO flew the plane to his home when he left Pakistan. There is an entire stream of irregularities in this laughable case – a senior PIA official said, !
The plane had already completed its flying hours and was no longer airworthy. It’s a 30-year-old aircraft and had already been grounded. This is nothing but a lame excuse for sheer incompetency ! Aircrafts with properly scheduled maintenance have been known to last for a long long time
Bernd Hildenbrand has his name in the Exit Control List (ECL) and somehow his name had been removed – he is said to be in Germany enjoying his proceeds, showcasing the effectiveness of Pakistani authorities. Taken for a ride :lol:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Paki Doctor Sounds Alarm For Paki Street Food. Says It Is Not Safe To Eat It !

Roadside Stalls Becoming A Serious Issue for the Public, Doctors & PFA
Doctors have criticized that the careless attitude of establishment towards roadside stalls selling a variety of food and unhygienic beverages has caused gastric diseases amongst the public. They said that everyday they are battling to save hundreds of people with potentially fatal gastritis ailments. Dr Rana Sohail, a senior medic at the Mayo hospital, added
This has become a serious issue now as millions of Pakistani battle with their lives only by eating unsafe food. We should realize that this is an alarming situation and refrain from eating from unhealthy, unregistered and unsafe places like these. This is bound to happen when "donkey meat" masquerades as "halal beef" :mrgreen:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Peregrine- Ji:
Looks like Nikki has agreed to become a RAA Agent :mrgreen:
Last edited by Falijee on 18 Oct 2017 23:24, edited 1 time in total.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Pakistan Bent On Fencing The Entire Pakistan - Afghan Border !

Pakistan, Afghanistan in angry tangle over chicken-wire border fence to keep out militants
Pakistan is betting that a pair of nine-foot chicken wire fences topped with barbed wire will stop incursions by Islamist militants from Afghanistan, which opposes Islamabad’s plans for a barrier along the disputed frontier.The government plans to fence up most of the 2,500 km (1,500 mile) frontier despite Kabul’s protests that the barrier would divide families and friends along the Pashtun tribal belt straddling the colonial-era Durand line drawn up by the British in 1893.Pakistan’s military estimates that it will need about Rs56 billion ($532 million) for the project, while there are also plans to build 750 border forts and employ high-tech surveillance systems to prevent militants crossing. Afghanistan does not recognize the Durand. The fierce and independent tribesman do not consider the Durand as a border . Afghanistan has vowed that it will never allow a fence to be built . So wait for the next drama . Do the Pakis have the resources and the technical ability to built a barrier in the rough terrain. :twisted:
In the rolling hills of the Angoor Adda village in South Waziristan, part of Pakistan’s restive Federally Administered Tribal Areas (Fata), three rolls of barbed wire are sandwiched in the six-foot gap between the chicken wire fences. “(The fence) is a paradigm change. It is an epoch shift in the border control management,” said a Pakistani army officer in command of South Waziristan during a presentation to foreign media on Wednesday.“There will not be an inch of international border (in South Waziristan) which shall not remain under our observation.”Pakistan’s military has so far fenced off about 43 km of the frontier, starting with the most violence-prone areas in Fata, and is expected to recruit tens of thousands of new troops to man the border. It is not clear how long it will take to fence the entire boundary. More social sector expenses- health, education etc etc will be planned for outsourcing !
But Pakistan’s plans have also drawn criticism from across the border.
Gulab Mangal, governor of the eastern Afghan province of Nangarhar, told Reuters the wall will create “more hatred and resentment” between two neighbours and will do neither country any good.“The fence will definitely create a lot of trouble for the people along the border on both sides but no wall or fence can separate these tribes,” he said.“I urge the tribes to stand against this action.” They are unnecessarily alienating their own Pashtun population . Creating potential enemies when there is none !
Pakistan’s previous attempts to build a fence failed about a decade ago and many doubt whether its possible to secure such a lengthy border. But Pakistani army officials are undeterred by the scepticism and insist they will finish the job as the country’s security rests on this fence.“By the time we are done, Insha Allah, we will be very sure of one thing: that nobody can cross this place,” said the Pakistani officer in charge of South Waziristan.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

US Vice President Mike Pence holds important discussion with PM Abbasi on telephone

And then Pence decides to visit Pakistan ASAP

US Vice President Mike Pence to visit Pakistan

Diplomatic courtesy- as a result of one phone call -being spun into "happy news" :mrgreen:

PS: Putin has been invited so many times , he has "accepted" the invitation. But Pakis are "still waiting" for his plane to land at Isloo !
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Is Rawheel sharif there for the attack against Yemen or is he a Chowkidaar for the Saudi Royal Phamily to protect them from blowback from ISIS hain ji?
There is a Paki contingent there for this purpose too
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Belt - Tightening Coming For The Aam Abduls :D

Import duty on eatable, luxury items raised by up to 50pc
ISLAMABAD: The government has imposed regulatory duty on import of 36 new products and raised its rates on the existing 240 items in a fresh move to curtail rising trade deficit of the country.
The import of these eatable and luxury items — on which the duty has been raised by up to 50 per cent — saw approximately 40pc growth in the first three months of the current fiscal year, despite the fact that the government has already increased regulatory duties on most of these products in the last budget. This is the second time that the PML-N government has come up with such a huge increase in the rates of regulatory duties on imported items. In the budget for 2017-18, the government raised the regulatory duties on 565 tariff lines.n Tuesday, the Federal Board of Revenue issued a new notification of regulatory duties on 731 tariff lines. IMO, it will be a "double whammy" for the poor. Increased import duties will increase the price at the retail level. Plus if the much rumoured devaluation of the Pakistan Rupees comes into effect, there is going to be another price increase which will passed on the Abduls :mrgreen:
According to the official, the additional duty to be collected from these products would be used to provide cash subsidy to exporters and clear their outstanding dues stuck with the government. ( Robbing Abdul to pay Ahmed !) The new items that were subjected to regulatory duties include washing preparations, plastic products, tyres of trucks and cars, parts of air-conditioner, varnishes and cigarette papers.
According to the official, the additional duty to be collected from these products would be used to provide cash subsidy to exporters and clear their outstanding dues stuck with the government. The new items that were subjected to regulatory duties include washing preparations, plastic products, tyres of trucks and cars, parts of air-conditioner, varnishes and cigarette papers.
The eatable items on which regulatory duty has been increased include whey powder (from 20pc to 25pc), curd (15pc), grated or powdered cheese of all kinds, processed cheese (from 20pc to 40pc) and desiccated coconut (from 15pc to 35pc).The duty on fresh grapes, watermelons, apricots and peaches has been raised from 20pc to 40pc, on prunes, apples, tamarind, cherries, pine nuts (chilgoza), plums, lychees, raisins and dried fruits from 20pc to 50pc and on peaches from 20pc to 45pc.The duty on wheat and other types of wheat has been increased to 60pc from 25pc, on betel leaves to Rs400 per kg from Rs200kg and on beet sugar, jaggery (gur), cane sugar, white crystalline cane sugar and cocoa powder to 40pc from 20pc. Some of the food items being imported from kuffar countries may not be Sharia Compliant and /or halal :twisted:
The duty has been raised to 50pc from 20pc on perfumes, lip makeup preparations, eye makeup preparations, nail polish, face powder, talcum powder, face and skin creams, tonics and skin food, shampoos, cream for hair, hair lacquers, dyes for hair, toothpaste, dental floss, perfumed bath salts and other bath preparations and shaving cream.
The duty has been raised to 50pc from 20pc on contact lens solution, joss sticks (agarbatti), medicated products for toilet use, soap in other form and organic surface active products and preparations for washing the skin in the form of liquid and cream. In an Islamic country like Pakistan, why would they need make up and other cosmetic items . Are they not HARAM , as per THE BOOK ! The lighting of agarbatti is surely a "hindu practice" and therefore this item should be banned !
ElectronicsThe duty has been raised from 20pc to 40pc on ACs self-contained or split type comprising inner and outer unit .... After 70 years of its existence, no serious effort has ever been made to become 100 % self sufficient in even some basic items like safety pins, bicycles, radio , TV sets etc etc
Sports products Sports items being imported into Sialkot ? - bring coal to Newcastle :roll:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

The Real Reason For The Coleman Rescue, According To NYT

US Navy SEAL team was ready to raid in Pakistan, had Pak Army refused to rescue hostages on US intelligence: NYT
POSTED IN FULL
WASHINGTON: According to New York Times, A C.I.A. drone was circling a remote valley in northwest Pakistan last month when it picked up an unusual sight: a young woman and children in a militant camp. To intelligence analysts, she appeared to be an American abducted five years earlier while backpacking in Afghanistan with her Canadian husband. Some observers have noted that Coleman had other reasons to travel in Afghanistan !
The grainy images were a breakthrough. Military planners mobilized members of the Navy’s SEAL Team 6, an elite group of commandos, to mount a rescue, according to senior American officials. But the operation was called off amid concerns, and days later, the C.I.A. watched in alarm as militants drove the family out of the camp and across Pakistan’s lawless tribal lands. So, the US Birds are keeping an eye on Pakistan 24/7 :D
The top American diplomat in Pakistan, Ambassador David Hale, turned to his host country, one of the officials said, delivering an urgent message to the Pakistani government: Resolve this, or the United States will. Shades of the OBL raid !
The implication was clear. If the Pakistanis did not act decisively, the United States would set aside its unease and launch a raid deep inside the country to free the family. It would be another humiliating episode for the Pakistani government, reminiscent of the operation that killed Osama bin Laden in 2011, conducted by the same elite Navy SEAL commandos well into Pakistan without its government’s knowledge. And a failure to act would underscore American officials’ belief that the Pakistani government gives safe haven to the Taliban-linked Haqqani network that had kidnapped the family. A catch-22 situation as the Amreekans say :D
Pakistani officials said they acted within hours. With assistance from American intelligence, they located the vehicle and rescued the family last week in a dramatic confrontation with its captors. Inside the car were Caitlan Coleman, 31; Joshua Boyle, 34, her Canadian husband; and their three children.
The rescue ended an intensive effort by American intelligence officials to locate the couple — who had been taken hostage in October 2012 — and their children. When she and Mr. Boyle were kidnapped, Ms. Coleman was seven months pregnant; she gave birth four times in captivity. It appears that without any other entertainment, "sleeping together", was the only permissible form of "time pass" :mrgreen:
The C.I.A. declined to comment. Trump administration officials cast the rescue as a win for Pakistan without publicly acknowledging that officials there had to be pressured into conducting the operation. The all important Honour And Dignity factor has to be kept in mind :D
“This is a positive moment for our country’s relationship with Pakistan,” President Trump said in a statement. The Pakis, probably planned the operation in collusion with the Haqqani Network, thereby allowing the kidnappers to escape !
Efforts to free the family had stalled repeatedly, and the family’s time as hostages was harsh. Mr. Boyle has said that his wife was raped and that the Taliban killed one of their children shortly after birth, an allegation the militants have denied. Thereby, giving some credence to the allegation .
In January 2016, the United States thought a deal had been struck with the Haqqanis, with help from Qatar, to release hostages. The F.B.I. and Army Rangers picked up Colin Rutherford, a Canadian being held by the Haqqanis, and American officials were hopeful that Ms. Coleman and her family might be next.
But the Haqqanis freed no one else. American officials said communications with the Haqqani network had gotten garbled, causing confusion, and the death of the leader of the Taliban, killed by a United States drone strike last year, also set back efforts to rescue the hostages. The diapers that F.B.I. agents in Afghanistan had bought for Ms. Coleman’s children would go unused.
Thoughtful planning by the FBI :mrgreen:
Not only were hostages kept in captivity, the militants were also not done kidnapping. In August 2016, they seized an Australian, Timothy Weeks, and an American, Kevin King, 61, both teachers at the American University of Afghanistan in Kabul. Navy SEALs launched a rescue operation but came up empty; a tip about where the men were being held turned out to be outdated. Tips provided by Paki Agents :roll:
But last month, the American intelligence community caught a break. The C.I.A. had positioned the drone over a Haqqani encampment in the Kurram Valley, a region near Pakistan’s border with Afghanistan. It spotted the woman believed to be Ms. Coleman among the armed fighters.
The commandos of SEAL Team 6, tapped to rescue the family, started rehearsing. The raid was to take place not far from where the C.I.A. had originally spotted the family, according to one military official.
But the risky operation planned on Pakistani soil was called off because some in the United States government were not certain that the people spotted by the drones were Ms. Coleman, Mr. Boyle and their children, according to the officials. Others voiced worries about the difficult terrain and the moon — it was too bright for a nighttime airborne raid.
Why the Haqqanis decided to move the family is not clear. But on Oct. 11, as they headed toward Kohat, a city farther inside Pakistan, American intelligence officials realized they could not let the opportunity to save the family slip by — the United States had to act.
American officials formed a plan to press the Pakistani government. Mr. Trump was briefed, and Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and Secretary of State Rex W. Tillerson both backed the idea that should the Pakistani government decline to try to rescue the family, the Navy SEALs would go in. Paki perfidy :mrgreen:
Officials said that as Mr. Hale, the ambassador, conveyed the Trump administration’s demands, other senior officials, including Gen. Joseph L. Votel, who oversees American military operations in the Middle East and southwest Asia as head of the United States Central Command, were also applying pressure. So, the Americans pulled all stops for the rescue !
The push worked. American officials said the Pakistanis acted quickly, intercepting the vehicle with Ms. Coleman and her family. According to Pakistani security officials, they were able to shoot out the tires of the vehicle, but the captors manage to flee. probably allowed to escape :twisted:
Mr. Boyle has said a gun battle ensued before he and his family were freed, but American officials remained skeptical and a Pakistani military spokesman has said only that the vehicle’s tires were blown out.In an interview after he was freed, Mr. Boyle praised the Pakistanis: “Our gratitude is boundless.”
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Tillerson To Deliver POTUS "Tough Message" Or Soothe Ruffled Paki Feathers :roll:

US Secretary of State visit to Pakistan, schedule announced
ISLAMABAD – US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson will Pakistan next week during an Asian trip that will also take him to the country’s rival India, a senior official at the US State Department said on Wednesday. The visit of the Secretary of state is considered important in the wake of the new US South Asia policy.
Tillerson will visit India first , then Pakistan, then Afghanistan. So, he will be fore armed with Indian Intelligence Information on Pakistan :mrgreen:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Dus Percenti - The Shrewd Politico - Appears To Be The Beneficiary Of Ganja's Downfall

Asif Zardari gives a major blow to PML-N
ISLAMABAD – PML-N Stalwart Zulfiqar Khosa along with number of other law makers from South Punjab are all set to ditch the party and join PPP.
The renowned politician announced it while talking to media at his residence following a meeting with Zardari. He also acknowledged the visit of PPP’s co-chairman at his residence.He thanked Zardari for showing confidence in him, adding that he has long standing relationship with PPP stalwart and will not disappoint him on the invitation. IMO, no Pakjabi is likely to accept a Sindhi as his leader ! Short term gain will not translate into political power at the centre for the PPP.
“I would have announced that I am joining the PPP right now,” The Express Tribune reported.The Senator further said that he will formally announce the decision after having a consultative meeting with friends. Slamming the PML-N, Khosa said that he had distanced himself from party matters after 2013 as it was not the same for which he had faced jails and made sacrifices.
Replying to a question, the former president said that he was not denting the PML-N as it is already facing divisions. He clarified that the PPP did not want early elections.Zardari said he cooperated with the PML-N just to curb the ways of PTI chief Imran Khan, as he poses great threat to the democracy. The PPP bigwig also supported Pakistan Army’s statement on economy.
Enemy of my enemy is my friend !