2021 Five State Elections

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2924
Joined: 31 Mar 2009 00:10

Re: 2021 Five State Elections

Postby Prem Kumar » 05 May 2021 18:32

For once, a hard-hitting article by Swarajya. Brings out how pissed off BJP supporters are, by the napunsak behavior of the BJP Leaders (both state and centre), Modi & Shah.

BJP uses Hindus and their own workers as condoms: use & throw after elections

The people who win long term are those with a "one for all, all for one" fighter attitude. There are warning signs of a mass exodus away from BJP to TMC - and why not?

https://swarajyamag.com/politics/bengal-sorry-state-of-bjp-workers-in-the-face-of-widespread-violence-raises-questions-on-party-leadership

Ambar
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2270
Joined: 12 Jun 2010 09:56
Location: Weak meek unkil Sam!

Re: 2021 Five State Elections

Postby Ambar » 05 May 2021 18:57

It all comes down to local leadership. Even before Modi rejuvenated BJP and woke atleast few hindus from comatose state , leaders like Shivraj Singh Chauhan, Raman Singh, Bhairon Singh Shekawat, Vasundara Raje, Keshubhai Patel, Yeddi etc. were winning on their own merit. If BJP can create strong leaders who don't need the crutches from Delhi then they will have an equal chance of winning in every assembly election in every state. Despite the recent losses in the UP Panchayat elections, BJP has a stellar performer in Yogi Adityanath in UP, but i do think they also need a strong jat leader in western UP to support Yogi. In MH they have Fadnavis, he may not be the best or even completely aligned ideologically with BJP but atleast he is a visible face who leads from the front. MP has Shivraj Singh Chauhan whom i think should make way for Scindia to avoid anti-incumbency next elections, Assam has Hemanta Biswas Sharma, RJ is stuck with Raje who may win after all on her own in the next elections. DL needs to rally behind Kapil Mishra, and despite the constant complaining by few folks here i cannot think of a better person than Vijay Rupani supported by CR Patil for GJ. KAR, CG, JH and HR is where the problem is. As for WB, unless you build a brand around Suvendu Adhikari, if Modi/Shah couldn't win the elections in 2021 for BJP, there is even less chance they'll be able to help in 2026, so support Adhikari in whatever way possible.

Question for Katiji and others familiar with Bengal, has there ever been a demand to bifurcate WB ? If yes, then maybe its not a bad idea to support splitting the state, even if it backfires in the short term in the long term it may make things easier to take make atleast one part of the state free from the clutches of violent communists.

Ambar
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2270
Joined: 12 Jun 2010 09:56
Location: Weak meek unkil Sam!

Re: 2021 Five State Elections

Postby Ambar » 05 May 2021 19:00

Prem Kumar wrote: There are warning signs of a mass exodus away from BJP to TMC - and why not?



That's a given. It happened in 2011 and 2016 too. Mamata bano will not be satisfied until she reduces BJP to 0 MLAs and MPs in WB, so she will use ever tool in her arsenal to pull BJP MLAs, MPs and party workers into TMC.

Jarita
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2586
Joined: 30 Oct 2009 22:27
Location: Andromeda

Re: 2021 Five State Elections

Postby Jarita » 05 May 2021 19:52

Ambar wrote:It all comes down to local leadership. Even before Modi rejuvenated BJP and woke atleast few hindus from comatose state , leaders like Shivraj Singh Chauhan, Raman Singh, Bhairon Singh Shekawat, Vasundara Raje, Keshubhai Patel, Yeddi etc. were winning on their own merit. If BJP can create strong leaders who don't need the crutches from Delhi then they will have an equal chance of winning in every assembly election in every state. Despite the recent losses in the UP Panchayat elections, BJP has a stellar performer in Yogi Adityanath in UP, but i do think they also need a strong jat leader in western UP to support Yogi. In MH they have Fadnavis, he may not be the best or even completely aligned ideologically with BJP but atleast he is a visible face who leads from the front. MP has Shivraj Singh Chauhan whom i think should make way for Scindia to avoid anti-incumbency next elections, Assam has Hemanta Biswas Sharma, RJ is stuck with Raje who may win after all on her own in the next elections. DL needs to rally behind Kapil Mishra, and despite the constant complaining by few folks here i cannot think of a better person than Vijay Rupani supported by CR Patil for GJ. KAR, CG, JH and HR is where the problem is. As for WB, unless you build a brand around Suvendu Adhikari, if Modi/Shah couldn't win the elections in 2021 for BJP, there is even less chance they'll be able to help in 2026, so support Adhikari in whatever way possible.

Question for Katiji and others familiar with Bengal, has there ever been a demand to bifurcate WB ? If yes, then maybe its not a bad idea to support splitting the state, even if it backfires in the short term in the long term it may make things easier to take make atleast one part of the state free from the clutches of violent communists.


No more state bifurcations please. The bifurcation of Bengal will just create s Aub regional identities that need to be stymied. It also allows an easy takeover, if you get the drift.
I don't see how the Uttarkhand/UP divide has benefitted UK in any way.

Jarita
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2586
Joined: 30 Oct 2009 22:27
Location: Andromeda

Re: 2021 Five State Elections

Postby Jarita » 05 May 2021 19:55

Prem Kumar wrote:For once, a hard-hitting article by Swarajya. Brings out how pissed off BJP supporters are, by the napunsak behavior of the BJP Leaders (both state and centre), Modi & Shah.

BJP uses Hindus and their own workers as condoms: use & throw after elections

The people who win long term are those with a "one for all, all for one" fighter attitude. There are warning signs of a mass exodus away from BJP to TMC - and why not?

https://swarajyamag.com/politics/bengal-sorry-state-of-bjp-workers-in-the-face-of-widespread-violence-raises-questions-on-party-leadership


Did Swarajaya also mention their one size fix all solution to all these problems - sell Air India? Just kidding. But they have a very narrow view of everything.
What I find completely disgusting is how people are blaming the BJP even in the so called raita wing for the violence in WB. You have only one party and one leader standing between you and a complete takeover of the country. Atleast, get a survival instinct. The trumpsters in the US are far better than this Raita wing. They know which side to ally with, however flawed.
If there is a mass exodus to TMC, it is not BJP's fault. It is the fault of the people who will be siding with the party that is slowly changing the very DNA of the state. Indics have to take some responsibility beyond giving a vote. STAND BEHIND YOUR LEADER.

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 55504
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: 2021 Five State Elections

Postby ramana » 05 May 2021 20:26

After lot of analysis, it's realized BJP did not have a chance in both Bengal and TN. If had the foresight would not have raised expectations and the deep disappointment. Sorry for being misled. MEA culpa. Ramana.

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 25439
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: 2021 Five State Elections

Postby chetak » 05 May 2021 20:37

Jarita wrote:
Ambar wrote:It all comes down to local leadership. Even before Modi rejuvenated BJP and woke atleast few hindus from comatose state , leaders like Shivraj Singh Chauhan, Raman Singh, Bhairon Singh Shekawat, Vasundara Raje, Keshubhai Patel, Yeddi etc. were winning on their own merit. If BJP can create strong leaders who don't need the crutches from Delhi then they will have an equal chance of winning in every assembly election in every state. Despite the recent losses in the UP Panchayat elections, BJP has a stellar performer in Yogi Adityanath in UP, but i do think they also need a strong jat leader in western UP to support Yogi. In MH they have Fadnavis, he may not be the best or even completely aligned ideologically with BJP but atleast he is a visible face who leads from the front. MP has Shivraj Singh Chauhan whom i think should make way for Scindia to avoid anti-incumbency next elections, Assam has Hemanta Biswas Sharma, RJ is stuck with Raje who may win after all on her own in the next elections. DL needs to rally behind Kapil Mishra, and despite the constant complaining by few folks here i cannot think of a better person than Vijay Rupani supported by CR Patil for GJ. KAR, CG, JH and HR is where the problem is. As for WB, unless you build a brand around Suvendu Adhikari, if Modi/Shah couldn't win the elections in 2021 for BJP, there is even less chance they'll be able to help in 2026, so support Adhikari in whatever way possible.

Question for Katiji and others familiar with Bengal, has there ever been a demand to bifurcate WB ? If yes, then maybe its not a bad idea to support splitting the state, even if it backfires in the short term in the long term it may make things easier to take make atleast one part of the state free from the clutches of violent communists.


No more state bifurcations please. The bifurcation of Bengal will just create s Aub regional identities that need to be stymied. It also allows an easy takeover, if you get the drift.
I don't see how the Uttarkhand/UP divide has benefitted UK in any way.


this is a very dangerous thought.

this is exactly what the BIF has been trying to do all these years since independence

If you bifurcate, you are wilfully creating a muslim majority, muslim dominated border state

might as well take a blunt knife and cut our own throat in the most painful way possible right away

darshan
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3968
Joined: 28 Jan 2008 04:16

Re: 2021 Five State Elections

Postby darshan » 05 May 2021 20:38

Prem Kumar wrote:For once, a hard-hitting article by Swarajya. Brings out how pissed off BJP supporters are, by the napunsak behavior of the BJP Leaders (both state and centre), Modi & Shah.

I won't say that they are napusank but they are like drona, bhishma, etc. Constrained by their own set of rules. In decades of riots in GJ, Modi would have never figured as a person to call. Like getting a goldsmith while needing blacksmith.

Kati
BRFite
Posts: 1692
Joined: 27 Jun 1999 11:31
Location: The planet Earth

Re: 2021 Five State Elections

Postby Kati » 05 May 2021 21:09

Ambar wrote:..... unless you build a brand around Suvendu Adhikari, if Modi/Shah couldn't win the elections in 2021 for BJP, there is even less chance they'll be able to help in 2026, so support Adhikari in whatever way possible.

Question for Katiji and others familiar with Bengal, has there ever been a demand to bifurcate WB ? If yes, then maybe its not a bad idea to support splitting the state, even if it backfires in the short term in the long term it may make things easier to take make atleast one part of the state free from the clutches of violent communists.


Bifurcation of WB will be counter productive. That will inflame people's sentiment very much.

Precisely for this reason, to assuage backward areas' demands, Mumtaz Banoo created separate districts - Junglemahal, Kalimpong, etc., and given them the local administrations.

Kati
BRFite
Posts: 1692
Joined: 27 Jun 1999 11:31
Location: The planet Earth

Re: 2021 Five State Elections

Postby Kati » 05 May 2021 21:11

ramana wrote:After lot of analysis, it's realized BJP did not have a chance in both Bengal and TN. If had the foresight would not have raised expectations and the deep disappointment. Sorry for being misled. MEA culpa. Ramana.


Ramana Saar, very true.
People were floating on the hope of "BJP wave". In many seats the interview of the local people saw almost 50-50 split... what was misread was that many people kept quiet. I think that surveys under-counted the womenfolks badly.

Kati
BRFite
Posts: 1692
Joined: 27 Jun 1999 11:31
Location: The planet Earth

Re: 2021 Five State Elections

Postby Kati » 05 May 2021 21:17

There is still plenty of hope. Being the only opposition in the assembly it will have the free hand to raise local issues, demand this or that, and make every issue public very vocally in the assembly, - such as plights of Hindus in the hands of Muslim thugs.

I see two "leaders" who can do this are - Shuvendu Adhikary and Mukul Roy, - both switchovers from TMC to BJP, to do this job on the assembly floor.
On the streets, the fight has to be taken to the TMC camp by people like Dilip Ghosh and Arjun Singh (+ Pawan Singh+ Sunil Singh) etc. (The Singh family is a tough nut, and have a good local area network with a good army of musclemen.)

sudarshan
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2744
Joined: 09 Aug 2008 08:56

Re: 2021 Five State Elections

Postby sudarshan » 05 May 2021 21:19

Kati wrote:I see two "leaders" who can do this are - Shuvendu Adhikary and Mukul Roy, - both switchovers from TMC to BJP, to do this job on the assembly floor.


What if they switch right back to TMC? Sure that won't happen?

Kati
BRFite
Posts: 1692
Joined: 27 Jun 1999 11:31
Location: The planet Earth

Re: 2021 Five State Elections

Postby Kati » 05 May 2021 21:24

One very very important thing for the central and state level BJP leaders to ponder over is - how to counter the media negativity. The two largest bengali dailies - Anandabazar Patrika and Bartaman Patrika have been taken over by TMC sometime ago. Most shocking is the 180-deg transformation of the second one which used to be very independent.

Lately Republic Bangla TV is doing an excellent job, but I expect harassment similar to what happened to Arnab in Mumbai. But a very large segment of the WB population reads the print media - the whole culture of morning "adda" (Gossip-mill) at local chai-shop is built around this (what the print media is saying). An upstart newspaper - Yuga Shankha is doing a good job, but it must be encouraged and expanded as much as possible. But again the TMC axe might fall on it once it becomes more widely circulated.

Media management is a very important issue for WB

g.sarkar
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2965
Joined: 09 Jul 2005 12:22
Location: MERCED, California

Re: 2021 Five State Elections

Postby g.sarkar » 05 May 2021 21:30

https://www.rediff.com/news/report/nadd ... 210505.htm
14 BJP workers killed in Bengal, nearly 1 lakh fled: Nadda
Utkarsh Mishra, May 05, 2021

Claiming that at least 14 Bharatiya Janata Party workers were killed and nearly one lakh people fled their homes in post-poll violence in West Bengal, party president J P Nadda on Wednesday alleged that Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee's silence speaks of her involvement.
Condemning the 'brutal killings after the results', Nadda alleged that BJP workers have been killed and women molested and raped in various parts of the state. The assembly election results were declared on May 2 and the ruling Trinamool Congress came out winning 213 of the 292 assembly seats that went to polls and secured a third straight term in office.
"Mamata Banerjee's silence (on the violence) speaks of her involvement. She has blood on her hand," Nadda said addressing a press conference in Kolkata. Alleging that 'this is a state-sponsored programme', he claimed that 80,000 to one lakh people have left their houses in different parts of the state following the TMC's win in the election. Alleging atrocities on BJP workers in Canning Purba constituency in South 24 Parganas district and destruction of villages, he said that the people there have faced '(cyclone) Amphan last year and Mamataphan this year'.
During his two-day visit to the state from Tuesday, the BJP president visited the residences of some party workers who allegedly faced atrocities at the hands of TMC goons. He claimed that people in north Bengal districts have even fled to neighbouring Assam to save their lives.
.....
Gautam

Kati
BRFite
Posts: 1692
Joined: 27 Jun 1999 11:31
Location: The planet Earth

Re: 2021 Five State Elections

Postby Kati » 05 May 2021 21:32

sudarshan wrote:
Kati wrote:I see two "leaders" who can do this are - Shuvendu Adhikary and Mukul Roy, - both switchovers from TMC to BJP, to do this job on the assembly floor.


What if they switch right back to TMC? Sure that won't happen?



After eating so much BJP salt, it will be very unlikely. There are two reasons:
Shuvendu Adhikary has his own brand, and his family is a pillar in the Midnapore area for a long time - it goes back 100 years. (In fact, I have heard that when Netaji S C Bose was making his secret journey from his Kolkata's Elgin Road home to Kabul - after giving the Brits a slip - on his journey to Berlin, he took shelter in Adhikary family's home for a night.) Shuvendu should be given all the assets to take the leadership on the assembly floor - this is my personal thought.

On the other hand, Mukul Roy didn't have any mass base, but now BJP has given him that. This is the first time he has won an election (after his earlier three losses in the last two decades), and that too from a strong BJP safe seat Krishnanagar North. Also, he has given so much info about TMC's inner dealings, especially the money trail, that it will be impossible for him to go back to TMC. He also has a personal axe to gring - his son lost from Bijpur constituency which apparently has made him mad.

sudarshan
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2744
Joined: 09 Aug 2008 08:56

Re: 2021 Five State Elections

Postby sudarshan » 05 May 2021 21:42

Kati wrote:...


Thanks. I remember Mukul Roy was the railway minister during the MMS regime, and there was a report (don't know how true, it was back in 2012) that he was sulking about not being given a better portfolio, so the MMS govt. transferred him to an even smaller portfolio. Is this the same guy?

The report was from the NDTV, and of course they're known to be "creative" in their interpretations of events.

dsreedhar
BRFite
Posts: 337
Joined: 10 Jan 2011 06:57

Re: 2021 Five State Elections

Postby dsreedhar » 05 May 2021 22:16

Kati wrote:Ramana Saar, very true.
People were floating on the hope of "BJP wave". In many seats the interview of the local people saw almost 50-50 split... what was misread was that many people kept quiet. I think that surveys under-counted the womenfolks badly.


People/analysts missed the factor of women support to Mamta. Communists/leftists built this equation of women (feminism) + minorities + sicular(wokes) and winning on that for quite sometime. The more the women modern educated (WB case) the more their tilt to leftism or swayed by left types. Women is a huge factor being 50+%.
I personally did not expect BJP to win all the way the very first time, but also did not expect TMC to sweep to all time high. I think BJP did well to get 70+. 100+ would have been nice. It now needs to consolidate that and grow from there. Close the ranks together, unite and fight together. The central BJP govt/supporters rest of India provide them the financial and any other needed support to enable to fight/defend themselves. The BJP state leaders reach out to their core voters and continue to work with them at grass roots. Its a long haul.

sanjayc
BRFite
Posts: 617
Joined: 22 Aug 2016 21:40

Re: 2021 Five State Elections

Postby sanjayc » 05 May 2021 22:47

Ambar wrote:
Prem Kumar wrote: There are warning signs of a mass exodus away from BJP to TMC - and why not?



That's a given. It happened in 2011 and 2016 too. Mamata bano will not be satisfied until she reduces BJP to 0 MLAs and MPs in WB, so she will use ever tool in her arsenal to pull BJP MLAs, MPs and party workers into TMC.


The least BJP can do is to immediately announce a grant of Rs 50 lakhs from party funds for families of each of the 14 BJP workers killed in Bengal. That will reassure other workers that even if they die, BJP will take care of their wife and children that they would leave behind. It will also show that BJP cares for its people. This is the only way for BJP to salvage some credibility in Bengal. Its leaders are being seen as featherweight chickens who can only make speeches and scoot when it is time for a street fight. Another thing is to immediately establish presence of VHP, Bajrang Dal in Bengal and start recruiting. These are the people who can give it back on the streets. But I heard that Modi neutered both these organizations so that BJP can be accepted in Delhi's drawing rooms.

Theeran
BRFite
Posts: 214
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: 2021 Five State Elections

Postby Theeran » 06 May 2021 00:30

arshyam wrote:
siva509 wrote:The only true win for BJP is from Nagercoil assembly. Others two are ADMK strong men, jumped to BJP, since they could not get seat in ADMK. The Coimbatore South BJP win is due to ADMK's plan to defeat Kamal Haasan at any cost.
Nainar Nagendran (Tirunelveli) is ex-ADMK, but he didn't jump ship recently. He did contest on a BJP ticket back in 2019 as well. Be that as it may, who is the other strongman you are referring to? Apart from M.R. Gandhi (Nagercoil), the remaining MLAs are both women, and neither seem to be ex-ADMK (at least, AFAIK).


Vanathi winner from Coimbatore is BJPs National Women's wing leader. Dr. Saraswathi, Modakurichi winner has been a sangh member for 4 decades. No admk influence here.

disha
BR Mainsite Crew
Posts: 7631
Joined: 03 Dec 2006 04:17
Location: gaganaviharin

Re: 2021 Five State Elections

Postby disha » 06 May 2021 04:55

https://www.news18.com/news/india/maharashtra-ncp-takes-initial-lead-in-pandharpur-assembly-bypoll-3699824.html

[quote]In a setback to the ruling Maha Vikas Aghadi (MVA) in Maharashtra, BJP candidate Samadhan Autade on Sunday won the by-election to Pandharpur-Mangalvedha Assembly seat in Solapur district by defeating his nearest NCP rival by a margin of over 3,700 votes, officials said. Autade defeated Bhagirath Bhalke, son of late NCP MLA Bharat Bhalke, who was fielded by the MVA.

NCP shares power with Shiv Sena and Congress in the Uddhav Thackeray-led MVA government. The NCP and opposition BJP were in a direct fight in this bypoll, which was necessitated following the death of Bharat Bhalke due to post-COVID-19 complications in November last year.

As per the district election officials, Autade defeated Bhalke by a margin of 3,733 votes. While Autade polled 1,09,450 votes, Bhalke bagged 1,05,717. A total of 2,27,421 votes, including postal ballots, were counted, they said.

After the poll results were declared, BJP workers were seen celebrating the victory in the temple town of Pandharpur, despite a ban on gatherings in view of the COVID-19.[quote]

I would call the above out as a canary in mine for the MVA in the next Mah general elections. Expect Shiv-sena to be wiped out. Expect the alliance of Shiv-Sena + NCP to be a situation where Shiv-Sena does not bring anything to the NCP vote share but NCP contributes to Shiv-Sena kitty.

The longer MVA stays in power in Mah, the more hurt it will cause to NCP.

disha
BR Mainsite Crew
Posts: 7631
Joined: 03 Dec 2006 04:17
Location: gaganaviharin

Re: 2021 Five State Elections

Postby disha » 06 May 2021 05:05

Moving back to Gujarat,

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/gujarat-bjp-wins-morva-hadaf-assembly-bypoll/articleshow/82356192.cms

BJP's Nimisha Suthar won the by-election to Morva Hadaf (ST) Assembly constituency in Gujarat's Panchmahal district on Sunday by defeating her nearest Congress rival by 45,649 votes, an official said.

Out of the total 93,179 votes polled in the by- election held on April 17, Suthar bagged 67,457 votes, while Congress nominee Suresh Katara received 21,808 votes, Panchmahal Collector Amit Arora said.



Look at the scale of defeat of the Congress candidate. Note that panchmahal is one of the most backward district in India (there are some 250 such backward districts). Morva Hadaf is a ST constituency. The seats belonged to the Khant family (first one by the wife on INC and last was held as independent) and has been wrested into BJP.

Aditya_V
BRF Oldie
Posts: 12826
Joined: 05 Apr 2006 16:25

Re: 2021 Five State Elections

Postby Aditya_V » 06 May 2021 08:19

The problem is this prop up some one as super human and then put all your problems on that person and blame, villains and ecosystems are given a free pass, like rape victim blaming. There is no collective responsibility taken while we are called bhakts, the whole lot of murderous actions get pardoned like Money Lender commission agent of farmer protests, murders rapes, mistakes of judiciary, lack of prosecutions etc.

I never listen to Modi speeches because to win politics most of time you need to speak bull shit. India is like super tanker with a crippled network. We will need to build capabilities with the right leadership before we can start taking the right actions. We need to work with the good to overcome the bad.

darshan
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3968
Joined: 28 Jan 2008 04:16

Re: 2021 Five State Elections

Postby darshan » 06 May 2021 08:54

Recently PM Modi and various others were very saddened and pained about the dead in Bharuch fire. So many others have died around the same time.

Sachin
Webmaster BR
Posts: 8266
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30
Location: Undisclosed

Re: 2021 Five State Elections

Postby Sachin » 06 May 2021 10:38

Was scanning through social media (mainly) and what I could figure out is that BJP's and Modi's popularity is at the lowest ebb at the moment. The BIF seems to be winning in their strategy of 'death by 1000 cuts. New war fronts are being opened every day, with only Modi & Shah to do the hard fighting.

The chinks in the armour of BJP are also now getting exposed. The 2nd level leadership is practically zero. BJP leadership in WB is crying for help, and looks like they are not able to manage things. Here I must appreciate the Kerala cadre of both BJP & RSS. There has not been any violence against BJP or RSS cadre even when they did not even win a single seat. The reason is that for decades now, RSS has been willing to retaliate in equal measure (Modi or no Modi). The joke running in social media is that "Modi should at least try to become a decent and worth while fascist (and man-eater); which any way he is said to be". Even BJP cadre seems to be royally pi$$ed off at this "Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas" slogan. The party is not even able to take care of its workers.

In the fight against COVID too, again the onus is on 1-2 people to do the heavy lifting. BJP MPs, God knows what they have been doing. They can at least coordinate stuff and watch the situation closely in their own constituency. Like some one pointed out, there is BJP MP Sadananda Gowda who is no where to be seen. It required a young MP Tejaswi Surya to finaly expose the bed blocking scam. Same could be the case with oxygen supply as well as this too could be a business dominated by certain communities. Looks like there is a whole lot of BJP MPs and MLAs who won using Modi's name and now just whiling away their time.

Paul
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3674
Joined: 25 Jun 1999 11:31
Contact:

Re: 2021 Five State Elections

Postby Paul » 06 May 2021 11:00

[quote] Like some one pointed out, there is BJP MP Sadananda Gowda who is no where to be seen.

Looks like for the BJP when it rains it pours. But you are right. BJP MPs need to be seen doing more.

PC Mohan another BJP MP from BLR central is also not to be seen doing anything. There is a Muslim guy who is contesting again him for the last 2-3 times on CongI ticket trying to wrest the seat from him. At the way things are going, he will succeed in the next election.

Kati
BRFite
Posts: 1692
Joined: 27 Jun 1999 11:31
Location: The planet Earth

Re: 2021 Five State Elections

Postby Kati » 06 May 2021 11:35

Shuvendu Adhikary has made a statement that he is going to court against massive counting irregularity.

Rsatchi
BRFite
Posts: 1068
Joined: 04 Aug 2019 22:03

Re: 2021 Five State Elections

Postby Rsatchi » 06 May 2021 13:27

My class-mate an Ex-Navy officer has sent some horrendous photos of post-poll violence!!
Mainstream media has completely ignored that because of the COVID
Complete disaster in Kar,
Nephew in B'lore says people are so scared of stepping out and catching infection.
Middle-class getting fleeced for treatment
Majority pissed off with BJP handling the crisis
Yeddi seems to be passing the buck to centre and unable to rein in dissidents
This has been a shit year for Bhakts/Modi/RSS and in turn for the BRFites
In all this all I can come up is the R Sagar Mahabharath title song : Yada Yadasi Dharmsya.........
Hope 2024 will slay all the BIF's and the shit heads!!!

sanjayc
BRFite
Posts: 617
Joined: 22 Aug 2016 21:40

Re: 2021 Five State Elections

Postby sanjayc » 06 May 2021 16:58

Read somewhere in context of voting choices of Bengal Hindus:

मैं हिंदू हूं... मुझे अपनी टांगों पर पूरा भरोसा है। सबसे पहले मैं जम्मू कश्मीर से भागा था उसके बाद पाकिस्तान अफगानिस्तान ईरान इराक इन देशों से भागा। फिर उसके बाद बांग्लादेश से भाग गया। और अब बंगाल से भागने की तैयारी में हूं । और 1 दिन हिंदुस्तान से ही भाग जाऊंगा

Translation:

I am a Hindu. I have full confidence in my legs. I ran from Kashmir. I ran from Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq. Then I ran from Bangladesh. Now I am readying to run from West Bengal. One day, I will run from India too.

OmkarC
BRFite
Posts: 758
Joined: 15 Nov 2016 11:25

Re: 2021 Five State Elections

Postby OmkarC » 06 May 2021 22:47

Almost every analyst in Bengal had predicted one thing right - regardless of who wins in the poll, there will be massive post-poll violence unleashed by TMC. Some analysts assured us to have faith in the "Chanakian"ness of Modi/Shah and apparently they had plans in motion to prevent precisely these things from happening. Now after so many Nationalist folks murdered & raped - we have to believe it was all horse manure, and going by Occam's razor - Modi/Shah were too daft to plan ahead and do the needful.

darshan
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3968
Joined: 28 Jan 2008 04:16

Re: 2021 Five State Elections

Postby darshan » 06 May 2021 23:21

Please look into their reputation to curtail such things. Especially since 2002. People don't complain of Hindus being gunned down to save Hindus from being massacred in 2002 without any reason.

And before 2002 neither would have been part of any violence nor curtailing. Not their domain of expertise or were associated with such activities. They were certainly recepient of such violence but self constrained to deal back.
If you're looking at a horde staring at you in GJ to look you, neither would have been on your list to call before 2002 and after.

Totally wrong calculation on anyone's part to expect this self constrained people to do anything like this. Opposition knows this very well and even knew well in 2002. I fail to understand why the supporters don't understand and have incorrect expectations and then disappointments. Wrong chess game for them. They are excellent at the game they play but not even marginal at the game they don't play.

OmkarC
BRFite
Posts: 758
Joined: 15 Nov 2016 11:25

Re: 2021 Five State Elections

Postby OmkarC » 07 May 2021 04:26

I think its fair to say that Modi & Shah have hit a rock bottom in terms of credibility in the eyes of their supporters, from which it will be a miracle if they bounce back.

Those who mocked Congress party for their inertia on the forced-exodus of 4 Lakh Kashmiri Pandits are now looking highly incompetent and impotent due to the forced-exodus of 1 Lakh Bengali Hindus.

Jarita
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2586
Joined: 30 Oct 2009 22:27
Location: Andromeda

Re: 2021 Five State Elections

Postby Jarita » 07 May 2021 06:59

OmkarC wrote:I think its fair to say that Modi & Shah have hit a rock bottom in terms of credibility in the eyes of their supporters, from which it will be a miracle if they bounce back.

Those who mocked Congress party for their inertia on the forced-exodus of 4 Lakh Kashmiri Pandits are now looking highly incompetent and impotent due to the forced-exodus of 1 Lakh Bengali Hindus.



Time will tell. Biggest issue is control of the media which has imposed a complete blackout on the ethnic cleansing of Bengali Hindus.

Jay
BRFite
Posts: 333
Joined: 24 Feb 2005 18:24
Location: Gods Country
Contact:

Re: 2021 Five State Elections

Postby Jay » 07 May 2021 07:56

Without Modi or BJP getting to power in 2024 and increasing its coverage in states, dharmics are doomed. Without Modi/BJP getting a handle on the virus, economy and messaging around it their chances are doomed. We are in a tough fight, we got to buckle up and get ready.

KL Dubey
BRFite
Posts: 1179
Joined: 16 Dec 2016 22:34

Re: 2021 Five State Elections

Postby KL Dubey » 07 May 2021 09:09

OmkarC wrote:I think its fair to say that Modi & Shah have hit a rock bottom in terms of credibility in the eyes of their supporters, from which it will be a miracle if they bounce back.

Those who mocked Congress party for their inertia on the forced-exodus of 4 Lakh Kashmiri Pandits are now looking highly incompetent and impotent due to the forced-exodus of 1 Lakh Bengali Hindus.


Not at all. These convulsions on social media are not reflective of the general populace. As long as people's standard of living and quality of life keep improving, all else will be forgiven after a short while. A reminder of how things were before 2014 is further motivation for people to vote for Modi in LS2024. People understand that Modi is taking tough decisions, and these various agitations, protests, and violence are the result of anti-national forces to stall the nation.

As for pushing the BIF back, action will come. The entire goremint machinery is now focused on COVID. So for posters to keep haranguing the same old things after a state election didn't go as planned, shows a very poor grasp of priorities.

Rudradev
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3780
Joined: 06 Apr 2003 12:31

Re: 2021 Five State Elections

Postby Rudradev » 07 May 2021 09:51

To all fellow Rakshaks doing :(( :(( under the impression that defenceless BJP karyakartas are getting killed with impunity in WB...or for that matter, in any opposition-governed state... as the helpless recipients of a one-sided pogrom:

I have it on good authority, from people who are in a position to know, that you are mistaken about this.

The Sangh Parivar has many many different types of workers & volunteers. A large number of them are not keyboard warriors who wear clean shirt-pant (like us).

There are people who stand ready to do all kinds of jobs, respond (with interest) in any type of situation. Bajrang Dal, Yuva Vahini, many similar organisations. And they are everywhere in India.

You know how it is with the One Particular Community. They like to portray themselves as perpetual victims (in media narratives and public messaging) while behaving as eternal ghazis (where it counts). The benefits of that approach have been learned & internalized by our side as well. Enough said.

Philip
BRF Oldie
Posts: 21538
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30
Location: India

Re: 2021 Five State Elections

Postby Philip » 07 May 2021 10:14

In TN,the seats the BJP won were due mostly to strong AIADMK support. On their own they would've lost all. In Coimb.South,Vanathi S won v.narrowly over Kamal H because of the v.strong AIADMK votebank in the city and the western region of TN. Now KH has fallen out with Dr.M,his party Sec.,who has resigned blaming KH for sev. mistakes.A swift end to his party,another failed Tamil film star bites the dust! :rotfl:
Not every star can become a political hero in TN, the list is long.

Bengal result shows the limitations of both polarisation of the voters , plus the strong undercurrents of regionalism,especially in states far away from Delhi,read J&K,Bengal,TNadu,Kerala, which are also non-Hindi speaking states. The " one shoe fits all" thesis of the BJP will repeatedly fail. The party's ideology runs counter to strong regional identities like TN's Dravidianism and Tamil nationalism making it v.v. difficult for local leaders to emerge with large-scale support. Maharashtra and the Shiv Sena " sons of the soil" first policy another case in point though here the trend of the BJP replacing the Cong. ,in almost terminal decline, has run to form.

arshyam
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4208
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: 2021 Five State Elections

Postby arshyam » 07 May 2021 10:20

Philip wrote:The party's ideology runs counter to strong regional identities like TN's Dravidianism and Tamil nationalism making it v.v. difficult for local leaders to emerge with large-scale support. Maharashtra and the Shiv Sena " sons of the soil" first policy another case in point ...

We keep hearing about this ideology limitation of the BJP, but no one actually gives a detailed explanation as to what/why. It's almost expected to be axiomatic - BJP has an ideology that will not work in <fill in place of your choice>.

Could you kindly explain? TIA.

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 55504
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: 2021 Five State Elections

Postby ramana » 07 May 2021 11:17

OmkarC wrote:Almost every analyst in Bengal had predicted one thing right - regardless of who wins in the poll, there will be massive post-poll violence unleashed by TMC. Some analysts assured us to have faith in the "Chanakian"ness of Modi/Shah and apparently they had plans in motion to prevent precisely these things from happening. Now after so many Nationalist folks murdered & raped - we have to believe it was all horse manure, and going by Occam's razor - Modi/Shah were too daft to plan ahead and do the needful.


The Governor transferred power to caretaker Mamata right on 3 May after results were announced.

The DGP and chain of command did not answer to the governor and were complicit in the violence by dirlection.

So please be informed before making comments.

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 55504
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: 2021 Five State Elections

Postby ramana » 07 May 2021 11:19

Philip wrote:In TN,the seats the BJP won were due mostly to strong AIADMK support. On their own they would've lost all. In Coimb.South,Vanathi S won v.narrowly over Kamal H because of the v.strong AIADMK votebank in the city and the western region of TN. Now KH has fallen out with Dr.M,his party Sec.,who has resigned blaming KH for sev. mistakes.A swift end to his party,another failed Tamil film star bites the dust! :rotfl:
Not every star can become a political hero in TN, the list is long.

Bengal result shows the limitations of both polarisation of the voters , plus the strong undercurrents of regionalism,especially in states far away from Delhi,read J&K,Bengal,TNadu,Kerala, which are also non-Hindi speaking states. The " one shoe fits all" thesis of the BJP will repeatedly fail. The party's ideology runs counter to strong regional identities like TN's Dravidianism and Tamil nationalism making it v.v. difficult for local leaders to emerge with large-scale support. Maharashtra and the Shiv Sena " sons of the soil" first policy another case in point though here the trend of the BJP replacing the Cong. ,in almost terminal decline, has run to form.



Philip its incorrect. The 20 seats BJP got were tough seats.

Aditya_V
BRF Oldie
Posts: 12826
Joined: 05 Apr 2006 16:25

Re: 2021 Five State Elections

Postby Aditya_V » 07 May 2021 11:27

This article is in line with the BJP blaming folks on this forum and is shared by DMK, INC supporters in my whatsapp group- Dilip Ghosh said something during poll rallies( TMC folks have said worse), so it is correct to rape and murder BJP cadre.

It is up to recognise that there is a whole BIF ecosystem with HQ abroad, they wield still a lot of power- they have the same mindset of the Nazis- we are in human.

not recognising their evil is the biggest mistake you are making.

if you raise your voice against BBMP corruption you are branded communal, if you talk against WB murder and rape they justify it.

https://www.outlookindia.com/website/story/india-news-heres-how-bjp-bengal-unit-president-dilip-ghosh-created-grounds-for-post-poll-violence/382022


Return to “Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kvraghav, srin and 120 guests