Malegaon blasts and the limits of fake secularism

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Re: Malegaon blasts and the limits of fake secularism

Post by enqyoob »

I personally have not read the Quran, but my friends have, and many scholars also have read the Quran extensively and they believe that Quran only says that you can fight in self-defence which is the only link these days which terrorists make as a justification ...

BhaskarIN, I would suggest taking some time to educate yourself on what the Quran says. I don't think this thread is the place for it, but there seems to be a substantial opportunity for improvement in your understanding of the Quran as of many other things. One good question to ask is about those friends of yours who claim to have read the Quran and how honest (or maybe how literate) they are. Scholars such as Pakistan Generals and the revered Sheikh Osama bin Laden, worshipped in Pakistan for his great scholarship, seem to disagree with you totally in that they seek the death of all who do not subscribe to their form of Islam, again quoting the Quran. Given that the Sheikh is an Arab and is well-educated, you surely don't maintain that he is less literate in reading the Quran than your friends? Dr. Ayman Al Zuwahiri is another extremely well-educated Arab Scholar, and again he clearly has read stuff in the Quran that advocates killing of infidels.

Ignorance has its advantages, I am sure, but maybe it also has some disadvantages?
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

bhashkar, for the sake of NOT derailing this thread I've replied here.
http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 04#p595304
shyam
BRFite

Post by shyam »

Actually BhaskarIN should defer from making statements, he had to retract many claims he made (including about Modi), and keep lurking this forum for some time. It is not worth educating each and every newbie, hence derailing every thread whenever a newbie lands from nowhere.
Manu
BRFite

Post by Manu »

Link
I know this is the Hindu, but quotes are quotes.

Kavita Karkare,Hemant Karkare’s wife, being felicitated by Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gelhot during an anti-terrorism campaign ‘Sankalp-2009’ in Jaipur on Tuesday.
MUMBAI: On November 22 last, the Karkares celebrated their 28th wedding anniversary. Four days later, Hemant Karkare, chief of Maharashtra’s Anti Terrorism Squad, lost his life, shot by terrorists in a lane near the Cama Hospital here.

The ATS investigation into the Malegaon blast which unravelled new terror links caused rancour in right-wing politicians. Yet Kavita Karkare bore all that with calm and dignity.

However, soon after the Mumbai terror attacks, she raised questions about accountability. She wanted to know who really was responsible for her husband’s death.

Over a month after the tragic loss, Ms. Karkare, in her 50s, fights back her tears and puts on a brave front as she talks about her husband. “How long will I dwell on what has happened? I know I will not get the answers to the questions I am raising,” she told The Hindu in an interview.

“Even the attack on Parliament has not been solved. Where will I get justice? I know no one will give me the answers.”

To those affected by the November terror attacks on the city, Ms. Karkare sets an example in fortitude. A sociology teacher in a city college for the past 15 years, she plans to rejoin duty on January 15.

Yoga and lectures at the Chinmaya Mission are helping her put her shattered life back on track. She has been speaking out on various public forums in the city and voicing her opinion on terrorism. “I strongly feel that society and the government should come together and take some proactive steps to counter terror,” she suggests.

“Everyone should introspect where we went wrong. We lack patriotism. During the British rule, the feeling was strong, but now we don’t do anything constructive for our country. Our social commitment has slackened over the years. We are not doing it right from school,” she points out.

“I don’t have ill feelings towards political parties. This is a time to come together and fight terrorism. My social values have taught me tolerance,” she says. The country has so many different religions and each religion has its special teachings. But how much of this is taught anywhere?

I feel we should have a 100-mark paper on secularism right from school.”

Ms. Karkare feels that as a nation “we have accepted secularism.”

But that alone is inadequate. “We have to nurture it. We are not imbued with those values in our childhood itself. We are not doing it right from school. In adulthood, suddenly we are confronted with secularism.” she says.

“I always try to inculcate those values in my teaching. I discuss different religions in my class. I never apply escapism.”

She met her husband when she was a bank employee. At that time Karkare was with the National Productivity Council. It was during a personality development course that the two met to form a lasting bond.

“My husband never discussed work with me. We shared a strong bond of social commitment that was very important for both of us.”

The Karkares have three children, two daughters and a son.

“Though I worked in a bank, teaching was my first love,” says Ms. Karkare. Her love for teaching is what she expects will keep her going in future.

“I want to learn more about the Upanishads, about Sant Tukaram and Sant Gyaneshwar,” she says.

Ms. Karkare became interested in spiritual literature while her husband was in Vienna some years ago.

That she says helps her deal with the vitriolic criticism by political parties of the investigation into the Malegaon blast.
“I don’t ask questions anymore,” she concludes.

If anything, it will be her strength of character and spiritual commitment that will get her answers to the questions that are troubling her mind.

© Copyright 2000 - 2008 The Hindu
These kinds of comments, if made by AR Antalauy make people angry. Grieving people should desist from making emotional comments which can be misquoted (out of context later) - in my opinion.

Some of it is just spin by the Hindu, of course.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

This is important -- very important since it also ties in with the nonsense being spouted on how Karkare died

Cops misled me, I did my own probe: Kamte's wife

Its clear that there continues a deliberate attempt (despite everything) from powers that be to deny the real truth when it happens and is inconvenient and prop up lies; these lies then can be used to cast aspersions.
Manu
BRFite

Post by Manu »

Link
Gujarat madarsa teacher detained in Bihar for Modassa blast

Patna, (Bihar Times): A team of Gujarat police on Wednesday night picked up Mohammad Allarakha alias Ghulam Mustafa, alleged to be a terror suspect involved in a bomb blast and other activities, from a village in Banka district of Bihar.

The team led by an IPS officer picked up Allarakha, son of Mohammad Hafiz, from his village Chutia Bellari under the Shambhuganj police station. According to an official of Bihar police he is being interrogated by the Gujarat police at an undisclosed place. The Bihar police assisted the Gujarat counterpart in the operation.

Media reports quoting sources said that the Gujarat police were on the lookout for Allarakha for his alleged role in a bomb blast in Modasa town on September 29 last year. It needs to be mentioned that Pragya Singh Thakur and Colonel Purohit were also suspected to be involved in Malegaon (Maharashtra) and Modassa (Gujarat) blasts.
By the way, Mahesh Jethmalani is representing Pragya Singh Thakur now.
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

My humble advice to honourable Mrs.Karkare would be to implement her idea of having a 100 mark paper on Secularism, not in public schools but Madrassas. Since she is so committed to maintaining the secular fabric in the country, that'd the best start for her, given she believes that terrorists can also be non-Hindus.
Abhi_G
BRFite

Post by Abhi_G »

Manu wrote:Link
Gujarat madarsa teacher detained in Bihar for Modassa blast

The team led by an IPS officer picked up Allarakha, son of Mohammad Hafiz, from his village Chutia Bellari under the Shambhuganj police station.
:rotfl:
bharat_r
BRFite -Trainee

Post by bharat_r »

Good article in Times of India couple of days back (apologize for doubleposting if I did)...

Secularists' doublespeak - http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/arti ... 947938.cms

This is a rare article, which exposes fake secularism in the Malegaon case in a mainstream newspapers. In fact, I was really surprised that editors did not cut it. In general, though, There is no doubt that the secularists dominate our media
and most Indians do not know both side of the picture due to censorship. To counter liberal Indian media, we have started a website:

http://www.bharatright.com

This website provides links to nationalist articles published in various newspapers. All the items in website appear as hyperlinks and a summary of article is provided just under the article header. We also pick up liberal opinions and compare with nationalist opinion, so readers can compare both the views and reach their decision. The articles are updated on a daily basis. The headline news stories are updated every 30 minutes.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Bharat, I understand your eagerness to get more visiblity for your site but I have seen too many posts of yours with what is tantamount to ads or promotion for your site. Please desist.

Thanks, ramana
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Chargesheet filed in Malegaon case
TOIlet wrote:Malegaon blast: ATS chargesheet says Purohit main conspirator
police have filed a chargesheet that named Army officer Lt Col Prasad Purohit as the main conspirator who provided the explosives, and Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur as the prime accused who arranged for the men who planted the explosives.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Should have been posted here first....
p_saggu wrote: No proof of Purohit’s involvement in Samjhauta blast
Malegaon blasts PTI
No proof of Purohit’s involvement in Samjhauta blast

Tuesday, 20 January , 2009, 20:28
Last Updated: Tuesday, 20 January , 2009, 20:31

Mumbai: Maharashtra police on Tuesday said it had no evidence that Lt Col Srikant Prasad Purohit, arrested for his alleged involvement in Malegaon blast, had supplied the RDX used in the 2007 Samjhauta Express train blast.

"While investigating the Malegaon blast case, we found one witness who said that Purohit had claimed to him that he (Purohit) had supplied the RDX used in Samjhauta train blast," additional director general of police K P Raghuvanshi told reporters here.

"There was only one witness who had made this statement," he said.

Haryana police had questioned Purohit on the matter and they would be able to speak on his possible involvement, the Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) Chief said.

"However, in our investigations no such evidence has been found," he said.

The ATS had not found any evidence of Purohit or the other ten members of the group involved in the Malegaon blast having played a role in any other blasts, Raghuvanshi said.

The locations, if any, of where the group planned to commit further blasts in the future was also not known and they had been intercepted before executing any plans, he said.

Raghuvanshi's remarks assume importance in the wake of reports that Pakistan would seek the extradition of Purohit in connection with Samjhauta Express blast.

The ATS on Tuesday filed a chargesheet against 11 persons for their involvement in the September 2008 Malegaon blast case in which at least six persons were killed and over 100 injured.
nishug
BRFite -Trainee

Post by nishug »

Guys why Mr. Antony is talking about Malegaon blast while pakis are talking about samzauta express blast ???
chiragAS
BRFite

Post by chiragAS »

i dont know if its already posted. anyways here it goes. http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article/15/ ... rate-state

It seems that all are confused. first nepal king, then maoists and now they are talking of israelis .

God save our country :cry:
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Per gurus if you cant fit it in one slide its all conspiracy theory!
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

So what Ramana guru and others were suspecting is true? Or is the col just bluffing?
Purohit cover story: Malegaon plot was MI anti-terror ops

Lt Col Purohit said that his fundraising and arranging logistics for Malegaon blast were all part of covert Military Intelligence ops to fight terror

MUMBAI: Lt. Col. Prasad Purohit, alleged to be the main conspirator in the Malegaon bomb blast case, is said to have told witnesses, including some in the Defence forces, that his fundraising, arranging logistics for the attack and drafting a constitution for the extremist outfit “Abhinav Bharat” were all part of a covert Military Intelligence (MI) operation to fight terrorism.

The Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) chargesheet in the case filed yesterday alleges that Purohit gave an impression to witnesses that he was “conducting some covert MI operation and penetrating into some Right-wing organisation”. Purohit, who was arrested on November 5, for his alleged involvement in the bombings, served in MI from 2005 to early 2008 and was posted in Nashik and Pachmarhi in Madhya Pradesh.

In one instance, the chargesheet alleges that an unnamed witness, who is a serving officer from the Army Education Corps in Pachmarhi, has told the ATS that he was introduced to Purohit at an official dinner at the officers mess of AEC Training College in December 2007 by a senior colleague. The witness told Purohit that he wanted to set up an old-age home and school after retirement and Purohit offered to help him through his contacts and invited him to Delhi.

The witness allegedly took up the invitation and went to Delhi from where he was taken to Faridabad where the first meeting of Abhinav Bharat was underway. “Lt. Col. was talking about overground forum and also underground forum must be created. Later on, when I asked Lt. Col. Purohit about that he told that it was part of some covert MI operations and I need not know more than that,” the chargesheet quotes the unnamed AEC officer as saying. The ATS alleges that this was the meeting where Purohit took responsibility of providing explosives for the blast.

Purohit, the chargesheet alleges, called the AEC officer to a meeting in Kolkata in February 2008 saying he wanted to discuss the school project. There, the officer was introduced to Swami Asimanand from Gujarat, Abhinav Bharat founder Himani Savarkar and a man named Tapan Ghosh. The witness, according to the chargesheet, recalled that Ghosh and Purohit discussed the plight of Hindus in Bangladesh.

They also allegedly discussed training youth and when Ghosh asked about arms training, Purohit said that he would consider it and organise it after asking his superiors. When the witness claimed that he confronted Purohit when he returned to Panchmarhi, Purohit allegedly explained that it was a “covert operation under the direction of superiors to fight terrorism”.
Baljeet
BRFite

Post by Baljeet »

Here is another fine article from TOI. Jyoti Punwani is doing a wonderful job. If she is reading BR, just want to tell her, good going kid, take these ******** leftist, secularist down from the might of pen. Some will do the other part.
Fake Secularism
Tilak
BRFite

Post by Tilak »

X-Posted :

Govt not to appeal against Maharashtra DGP's sacking
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government has decided not to appeal against the Bombay high court's decision to remove DGP AN Roy.

The Bombay High Court on February 5, 2009 had set aside the appointment of senior IPS officer Roy as Maharashtra DGP, terming it as contrary to law. The court also has asked the state government to appoint a new DGP in four weeks.
Roy was appointed to the top post in February last year.
Skanda
BRFite

Post by Skanda »

Top narco expert dismissed for alleged irregularities
The Karnataka government has decided to dismiss Dr S Malini, the controversial assistant director of the forensic science lab in Bangalore. The move comes following charges of irregularities against her.

The Karnataka Police had found that Dr Malini, considered to be one of the best in the country, has been involved in many controversies.

Recently, the Kerala High Court remarked that she committed irregularities in the narco investigations into the Sister Abhaya murder case.

During earlier occasions she was also accused of leaking information to the media. She even reportedly forged her date of birth certificate to get the job.

The decision to dismiss Malini was announced in the legislative council by state Home Minister VS Acharya.

Meanwhile, the Opposition has demanded that all cases investigated by her should be reexamined.

Malini has been involved in the investigations into the Malegaon blasts, the Hyderabad Mecca Masjid blasts and the Bangalore serial blasts.

She also conducted narco tests on Sabauddin and other SIMI activists allegedly involved in recent terror strikes.

The forensic expert was part of the Telgi investigations too and many high profile murder cases like the Arushi Talwar case.
What a collosal f*ckup. I just hope the "4th Estate" doesnt jump on the Karnataka Govt for protecting "Hindu Terrorists". Btw, Karnataka seems to be in news almost daily these days. What gives?
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

What a collosal f*ckup. I just hope the "4th Estate" doesnt jump on the Karnataka Govt for protecting "Hindu Terrorists". Btw, Karnataka seems to be in news almost daily these days. What gives?
BJP govt in power hoping to use K'taka as a gateway to the south which many obviously do not want...
Sanjay M
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanjay M »

Poor ATS, suffering the embarrassment from its antics:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/711- ... 201005.cms

Maybe they'd better quickly hold a Hemant Karkare memorial march, to distract everyone from the fallout of their corruption.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

What might happen to this case as now the setting is so perfect after the elections. Will Purohit be convicted?
rkirankr
BRFite

Post by rkirankr »

Muppalla wrote:What might happen to this case as now the setting is so perfect after the elections. Will Purohit be convicted?
Well the case has had its use. Now since they are in power it will languish. One more blast and few more arrests/shootouts that happened in Delhi , then this case will be back
Hindu === taliban onlee
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

The Batala house case will be re investigated by Human rights commission. Breaking news.

So soon? Jai Ho
derkonig
BRFite
Location: Jeering sekular forces bhile Furiously malishing my mijjile @ Led Lips Mijjile Malish Palish Parloul

Post by derkonig »

^^^
So its sekoolaarism in full flow now. Cry my beloved country, coz you still know not what have you chosen.
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/batla-house- ... 995-3.html
AjayKK
BRFite

Post by AjayKK »

.....And the people who put the petition in Delhi HC were our dear Act Now For Harmony and Democracy (ANHAD) led by Shabnam mausis.

http://www.anhadin.net/article1.html

Similar petitions should now be expected elsewhere ?
rkirankr
BRFite

Post by rkirankr »

Well now as the effects of the heady victory will wear off, our countrymen will wake up to what they have chosen.
They give Ashoka chakra to the officer and investigate the very act for which he was given Ashoka chakra.
kaliyug ghor kaliyug
derkonig
BRFite
Location: Jeering sekular forces bhile Furiously malishing my mijjile @ Led Lips Mijjile Malish Palish Parloul

Post by derkonig »

^^^
I doubt if any awakening happen. If the last 5 years couldn't wake the people up, nothing else will.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

rkirankr wrote:Well now as the effects of the heady victory will wear off, our countrymen will wake up to what they have chosen.
They give Ashoka chakra to the officer and investigate the very act for which he was given Ashoka chakra. kaliyug ghor kaliyug
I for one have given hope of people ever waking up when it comes for national security...Not that the BJP might have fared better but the impression seems to be that the Congress has been rewarded for its bungling (massive victories in Delhi assembly results after Delhi blasts, Central results after 26/11 etc) which is scary since it means that the ruling party knows that it is under no pressure on the security front and can brazenly continue its vote banking as there will be no backlash...

There is no justification to whine when the govt will reverse Batla house findings very soon, manage to get most IM guys(innocent Azamgarh folks who were framed) released due to "lack of evidence" or proceed and hang Col Purohit very soon (while Afzal stills sits at No22 in waiting list) since we concurred with the policies when the party was in the prev govt...
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

I dont see the fuss. The issue has to be probed to settle once and for all what happened.

Satyameva jayate is the motto of the nation.

If people get demoralized too bad. Truth is more important in order not to aleinate the body politic.

At same time I would like to have the anti-Sikh riots also probed and brought to justice.

Sum, Everytime a terrorist strike happens and Indian Muslims are accused t swells the INC votebank. So why will they stop them?
BTW, Do you know the Panchatantra story of the older householder, young wife and thief?
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Sum, Everytime a terrorist strike happens and Indian Muslims are accused t swells the INC votebank. So why will they stop them?
Doesnt that mean that the INC will gladly allow more blasts to occur since it benefits them (a few aam aadmi might die but who cares for them)? Shouldnt that make us even more worried if blasts actually help a ruling party?
BTW, Do you know the Panchatantra story of the older householder, young wife and thief?
No idea, sir... :oops:

Please do elaborate and how it would apply in this context?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

sum wrote:
Doesnt that mean that the INC will gladly allow more blasts to occur since it benefits them (a few aam aadmi might die but who cares for them)? Shouldnt that make us even more worried if blasts actually help a ruling party?
No idea, sir... :oops:

Please do elaborate and how it would apply in this context?
Sum, Here you go:

The old man, his young wife and the thief

Old man= INC, Young wife = IM, thief = attackers
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

locked prior to archiving
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

CBI gives clean chit to Pragya and Purohit in Nanded case
In a relief to former Lieutenant Colonel Prasad Purohit and Sadhvi Pragya Thakur, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has given these Malegaon blast accused a clean chit in the Nanded case which the investigative agency is probing again.

A CBI officer on Monday revealed that the agency filed a supplementary chargesheet in the Nanded case last month, but only against Punebased antique arms dealer, Rakesh Dhawade.

The CBI had re-opened the Nanded case in December 2008 after the Maharashtra Anti- Terrorism Squad (ATS) arrested 11 persons, including Dhawade, Purohit and Pragya, for the Malegaon blasts and revealed a link between the Malegaon and Nanded incidents.

The ATS submitted its Malegaon chargesheet in January, implicating Dhawade for the Nanded blasts as well. Dhawade has also been charge-sheeted by the ATS for bomb blasts in the Purna mosque in Purna (Parbhani), Qadriya mosque in Jalna and the Mohammediya mosque in Parbhani.

While it took the CBI eight more months to reconfirm Dhawade's link with the Nanded case, the agency has let Purohit and Pragya go free.

This, despite the ATS chargesheet in the Malegaon case calling Dhawade the "main member of the organised crime syndicate involving all the Malegaon accused". "Dhawade was present at the oath- taking ceremony of members of Abhinav Bharat at Raigad fort in 2006 - attended by Purohit, Ajay Rahirkar , and others," reads the ATS chargesheet.

Courtesy: Mail Today
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

I wonders what's up!

Who locked this?

I am sure who did so, will educate us as to why.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Re: Mumbai Terrorist Attack-News stories and timeline

Post by Sushupti »

Guys, it's bolt from the blue. Watch the Kundi TV on Lt. Col. Purohit.
Last edited by Sushupti on 29 Jun 2012 22:07, edited 1 time in total.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Is it a pre-emptive action by Kundi TV for Congress in the light of Jundal's arrest?.
Serious questions arise over veracity of allegations against Lt. Col Purohit's involvement in Malegaon 2008. @nitingokhale breaks the story

https://twitter.com/BDUTT

This is KundiTV that had a 30 minute special program on Malegaon in Nov 25th 2008
Malegaon revealed

http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/news/n ... aled/45218

Another KundiTV Spl. Has purohit's arrest dented the Army's secular image?

http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/india- ... mage/43350

Nov 15th 2008 KundiTV - Purohit gave RDX for Samjhauta Blast

http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/news/p ... cops/44202

Nov 14th 2008 - Malegaon probe - Purohit a key link

http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/news/m ... link/44116
So KundiTV almost from Nov 3rd 2008 had videos & programs on an Army man - Purohit arrested and links, what happened suddenly?
Last edited by Sushupti on 29 Jun 2012 21:59, edited 4 times in total.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Somebody should brain map MKNeroynan

he is the root of the saffron terror move to round up opposition to INC first family.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

IBN joins the party
Malegaon blast: Lt Col Purohit is not a terrorist, say witnesses

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/lt-col-puroh ... 610-3.html
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Hurdles are being cleared for regime change.
MKN line is getting discredited.

Wonder what BRaman garu is thinking?