Malegaon blasts and the limits of fake secularism

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Re: Malegaon blasts and the limits of fake secularism

Post by Muppalla »

These are facts and not some fancy conspiracy theories:
(1) There is no Hindu Terror
(2) The Government of the day wanted to created this boghey called Hindu Terror
(3) The the Government of the day colluded with ISI of Pakistan and helped Mumbai blasts
(4) Saint Thukaram Omble helped the Hindus and their orgs. Else the UPA would have branded the 26/11 as Hindu terror and banned RSS/BJP. They would have shot dead Amit Shah, Modi etc.
(5) Sadvi, Purohit are all dual agents meant to infiltrate into terror orgs. But the Government cheated them and put them behind bars.

Screw those idiots who call the above as CTs.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Muppalla wrote:These are facts and not some fancy conspiracy theories:
(1) There is no Hindu Terror
(2) The Government of the day wanted to created this boghey called Hindu Terror
(3) The the Government of the day colluded with ISI of Pakistan and helped Mumbai blasts
(4) Saint Thukaram Omble helped the Hindus and their orgs. Else the UPA would have branded the 26/11 as Hindu terror and banned RSS/BJP. They would have shot dead Amit Shah, Modi etc.
(5) Sadvi, Purohit are all dual agents meant to infiltrate into terror orgs. But the Government cheated them and put them behind bars.

Screw those idiots who call the above as CTs.
If so, they need to be given highest security available to anyone in India, considering all the big names involved in this entire scam.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Hoping so that they have sufficient security. A lot more will be coming out in the coming days.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Malegaon blasts and the limits of fake secularism

Post by Peregrine »

X Posted on the Islamism & Islamophobia Abroad Thread

View: Islamic terrorism is the real enemy, the rest just anti-India smear campaigns

Terror revisited Spain with tragic results last week as a bunch of madmen ran amok in the heart of Barcelona killing half-a-dozen people and injuring many more. The scale of the terror and destruction bears little resemblance to the carnage visited upon another Spanish city thirteen years ago but that does not make it any less criminal and cowardly.

In 2004, as the attention of much of Spain was focused on the general election a few days away, serial bomb blasts ripped through the heart of Madrid’s commuter train system in morning rush hour killing nearly 200 people. The attacks ignited public anger, unseated the centre-right government in the elections that immediately followed and led to the exit of Spanish troops from Iraq.

In terms of scale, devastation and implications for Spain’s relationship with its important partners, the Madrid attacks were a terrible, unforgettable tragedy. It seemed to reinforce the view that Western aggression was the root of cause of Muslim anger with transgressions like the Iraq war (Spain initially sent troops) only fanning the flames of Al-Qaeda-style radicalism.

Conservatives, academics and researchers who believed otherwise, who believed that this rise of Islamic fundamentalism/terrorism had nothing to do with justice but was instead, an attempt to seek global domination for one demented worldview with its roots in Salafism, a belief in return to the Caliphate and a contempt for other religions, were unfortunately on the backfoot. Events thereafter appear to prove this Leftist worldview.

George W Bush’s muscular war on terror foundered due to inept handling and a lost campaign in Iraq; Barack Obama’s ascendancy and Cairo speech of 2009 seemed to suggest that the US would deemphasise combat as a way to counter the spread of Salafism/fundamentalism. In India, the setbacks to the BJP and the ascendancy of the Congress/Left style of politics dealt a blow to the belief that the vile terrorist ideology can be countered by aggressive policing at home and a no-nonsense approach towards truculent neigh neighbours.

Appeasement, lackadaisical approach and the bogey of ‘Hindu terror’ were the ‘weapons’ in Congress-UPA government’s arsenal against Islamic terror! Scale and destruction apart, there is one more crucial difference in the response to the Barcelona attack. And that difference is important because it just shows how the liberal/Leftist worldview on Islamic terror has changed dramatically in light of the Islamist terror rampage across countries. Madrid was Spain’s fault, Aznar (former Spain PM, Jose Maria Aznar) fault just like 9/11, which was blamed on everything from CIA activities to American troops in Saudi Arabia and support for Israel.

In India, this manifested itself in a ‘hate-Modi’ campaign which looked at every terrorist attack on home soil through the prism of Gujarat. Attempt was made to link every atrocity to what happened in Gujarat so as to suggest that somehow that Narendra Modi was responsible for all the tragedies. The bottom started falling out of this insidious campaign when the terrorists refused to play ball. Far from being freedom fighters interested only in Kashmir/Palestine liberation, they showed their true colours with the rise of ISIS and the campaign of terror unleashed on the heart of Europe. For liberals, it was a painful decision.

Difficult to blame western imperialism when innocent Germans, Belgians and Spaniards are being slaughtered. Difficult also to blame ISIS atrocities on Iraq war when France, which had nothing to do with it, is attacked. The silence on Barcelona from the usual ‘blame-the-west’ gang exemplifies this confusion. The latest liberal smear effort is to equate the thugs of Charlottesville with terrorist scumbags of ISIS and Al-Qaeda. Make no mistake, there is a lot of difference between ISIS and the white nationalist/supremacist gangs or groups in the US. The former is a disaster for civilisation as we know it.

The latter are a localised danger to parts of American society if allowed to grow and become big, especially with their vile, racist rhetoric. That’s it. They are not a national or an international security threat on the scale of ISIS. A similar effort is underway in India to link fringe Hindu groups with Taliban in Afghanistan. There is an even more sinister effort to paint Hindu/Indian society as intolerant and anti-Muslim and out to deny minority rights.

Recent articles in international publications point to a larger effort in this direction. India we are told is seeing aggressive Hindutva, rising Hindu intolerance. This will be used at next available opportunity to smear Indian society, to wash off the sins of Islamic radical preachers and extremists and whitewash the depredations of Islamic terrorists from across the border.

We have seen this movie before and know how it is going to play out. Liberals in India and the west are no different when it comes to smear tactics or acting as apologists for Islamic terror.

They know the real villain is Islamic terrorism. But much like their forefathers who whitewashed the sins of Soviet communism in the name of the fight of justice or equality, the modern day liberals and Leftists in the west and India will cry ‘wolf ’ at non-existent threats from white nationalist groups in the US and or allegedly militant Hindus in India to hide the real problem of Islamic fundamentalism. The game has just begun.

Cheers Image
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

ramana wrote:High praise from @RVaidya garu:

https://twitter.com/rvaidya2000/status/ ... 6143940608
wow ramana sir!
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

Congress colluded with ISI & Pakistan to shaft a serving Indian Army officer, created fake narrative of Hindu terrorism to appease Muslims and to ban/jail/kill anyone who would stand up for Hindu interests.

The above line should be sounded by loudspeakers across the country for the next 20 years.

Congress has become a new ML or even better - the political arm of ISI-TSPA.
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

If Congress is filled with traitors and collude with ISI etc, our judicial enforcement system is another bakwas system. It took this long to get a bail!
komal
BRFite

Post by komal »

How can someone be jailed without charges for nearly a decade?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Looks like that MCOCA law suspended Habeus Corpus.

And was made into law by UPA!!!!

Can we please collect news articles after the SC bail for Col. Purohit?

I am sure new details will be found that will shed light on unknown aspects of the case.
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

One of the first things that UPA did after coming to power was to repeal POTA, but let congi run Maharashtra keep MCOCA, ostensibly to keep in check the gangs.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Folks - Although am very happy for Col.Purohit, am curious which side was Col.Purohit batting on? Looks like he was trying to indict supposedly extremist elements in hinduism. What was MI doing there through his deployment?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

We don't know everything. Let's see.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

What I am unable to understand is what was the interest of MI in an outfits such as Abhinav Bharat? One can understand their interest in a cross-national terror organization that was targeting India as an enemy nation.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

What is Abhinav Bharat? Haven't heard about it in the news for many years apart from this case.
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

Yes, that is the tricky part. Apparently, he was to infilitrate Abhinav Bharat. Why in god's name would MI try to 'infiltrate' a Hindu org? Unless the Army top brass itself was ordered to go in & create a fake narrative of Hindu terror by fixing a little known Hindu organization who may have made anti-Muslim noises previously.
Schmidt
BRFite

Post by Schmidt »

Apparently there were a bunch of jihadi outfits masquerading as Hindu outfits
Purohit was tasked to infiltrate these groups including Abhinav Bharat
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Abhinav bharat was founded by savarkar. That to me is motive enough to implicate purohit and everyone associated with the group.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Closet jihadis have infiltrated everywhere apparently.
AjayKK
BRFite

Post by AjayKK »

Truth about Col Purohit, the unsung Nationalist
by Dr. Gaurav Pradhan

https://storify.com/drgpradhan/truth-ab ... ationalist
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

NewsX is announcing an interview of Col. Purohit at 7PM, please tune in if you can.
AjayKK
BRFite

Post by AjayKK »

arshyam wrote:NewsX is announcing an interview of Col. Purohit at 7PM, please tune in if you can.
Perhaps this...

Lt Col Purohit speaks exclusively to NewsX
http://www.newsx.com/national/72756-mal ... -newsx/amp
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

^^^ wow Dawood was in Mumbai in 2005 ?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Pratyush wrote:Abhinav bharat was founded by savarkar. That to me is motive enough to implicate purohit and everyone associated with the group.

The group founded by Savarkar got dissolved long ago.
This is not the same gravitas as the one founded by Savarkar.

Anyway are you sterotyping?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

SSridhar wrote:What I am unable to understand is what was the interest of MI in an outfits such as Abhinav Bharat? One can understand their interest in a cross-national terror organization that was targeting India as an enemy nation.

Look at the profiles of the Aseemanand et al. they were planning to setup organizations in PoK.

Purohit was using that as cover to get info about PoK and of Lahore gangs who are firmly in PoK.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

AjayKK wrote:

Perhaps this...

Lt Col Purohit speaks exclusively to NewsX
http://www.newsx.com/national/72756-mal ... -newsx/amp
At this juncture its important o hear every words and tryo to understand the story:
“We set aside order of Bombay High Court.” the bench of Justice R K Agrawal and AM Sapre said while granting conditional bail to Lt Colonel Purohit.

The Lieutenant Colonel served in the Indian Army between 2002-2005 taking part in the counter-terrorism operation throughout Jammu and Kashmir. He later was shifted to Military intelligence due to some health issues.

After granting bail to other accused Sadvi Pragya Singh in April this year the Supreme Court today granted bail to chief Malegaon accused Lt. Col. Purohit.

In an exclusive interview to NewsX’s Ashish Singh, Col. Purohit revealed all the details of incidents that occurred before he was detained and what atrocities he had to go through during the whole investigation. The interview also reflects on his exposure of the most wanted criminal Daood Ibrahim and how the mafia don operated in India and had links with several naxal groups.

Here are the excerpts:

Ashish Singh: I have read about your case from the documents. I just want to understand from the horse’s mouth. The entire story… how were you picked up… having gone through all the documents of army and court, it appears that there is much more than meets the eye…

Lt Col Purohit: It does

Ashish Singh: Could you tell me please?

Lt Col Purohit: I will speak nothing.

Ashish Singh: Sir, just for my understanding please. I want to understand this entire case. How were you picked up, how were you tortured?

Lt Col Purohit: It’s there in the papers – everything is there in the papers.

Ashish Singh: I just want to understand directly from you how you were picked up. This is one of the main issues in the case.

Lt Col Purohit: See- you must understand one thing. In the army, you cannot move on your own to any place. You have to go on a movement order.

When I was told to go to Delhi, I moved with the understanding that I am going to Delhi but I was made to undertake the journey to Mumbai by Col Shrivastava. I never had that movement order with me.
It apparently came up in the court of inquiry. Col Shrivastava had picked up my movement order without me knowing. He had told the officer not to hand over my movement order to me and also not to disclose to me change of destination.
‘Col Purohit should never know where he is going’. That’s how it is and then I was taken to Mumbai, bundled up in a vehicle, taken to bloody Khandala and from 29th to 3rd of November – I faced a nightmare.

Ashish Singh: How? Were you tortured?

Lt Col Purohit: Tortured? I think torture is sober word.

Ashish Singh: What did they do?

Lt Col Purohit: What they did not, they kept pulling my hair, kept me naked; semi nude. What would you say hand cuffed, tight blind folded abuses hurled to my wife, my sister and my mother, they also threatened that they will parade them in front of me and will put them behind the bars.

They threatened that my son will go to orphanage and tied me by my wrist on the horizontal bar my legs stretched you name a thing doesn’t remind me of this.

Ashish Singh: They made you confess for the Malegaon blast? They forced you to confess but you did not?

Lt Col Purohit: Confession is something – if you have done something then you confess. I have done nothing, so what am I supposed to confess?

Ashish Singh: What did they ask you to confess?

Lt Col Purohit: That I am involved in that stupid case.

Ashish Singh: In which a lot of other people have already got bail.

Lt Col Purohit: I am not talking about anything which is subjudice.

Ashish Singh: I have gone through your documents and the court of inquiry. It appears that a lot of it is politics and your lawyers have been suggesting that you are behind the bars just because of your political nature

Lt Col Purohit: you still have doubts about it?

Ashish Singh: What did they do? I have seen your Dawood report. Sir, I just want to understand these reports… right from Dawood to fake currency to a terrorist in Kashmir travelling in a politician’s car

Lt Col Purohit: Yes, it is all there in black and white, I have reported all these matters in the report

Ashish Singh: What all did you report sir? Could you please elaborate?

Lt Col Purohit: As you said these things, Kashmiri terrorist traveling in a politician’s red beacon car. Dawood, his connection with naxalites at the behest of ISI and how he was conducting the coordination part of it, nexus of the fraternity you just talked about, I don’t even want to name them.

I don’t want to talk about politicians as a serving office but then it is that way. The fake currency racket, the involvement of people who call themselves politicians.

I don’t find my performance or performing my duties wrong… if I see something going wrong in this country… I am serving the flag… I am serving the president… I recognize the political party let me tell you. I should not have opinion about politicians and politics neither should I have any inclination or soft corner for them. In my life I have never voted -let me tell you – and I am never going to vote in my life. That is the level I keep myself at

Ashish Singh: It seems the system has let you down – and the Army.

Lt Col Purohit: No, don’t say anything about Army. I have faith in them they have stood by me, don’t say anything about the Army.

Ashish Singh: You are still a serving officer?

Lt Col Purohit: I am and I would remain one.

Ashish Singh: But they did let you down at one point…

Lt Col Purohit: Don’t even say that. Wrong people go high up at wrong times but the organization is strong. It’s a fantastic organization and I serve it with a lot of pride and honor.

Ashish Singh: You have written a lot of letters. It seems you are fighting for the pride and uniform?

Lt Col Purohit: What else an officer has other than his pride and honor to defend? Tell me? You feel do we work for money in the army? You are sadly mistaken. It is that few grams of brass that matters to us. It is that colored ribbon what matters to us. It matters nothing for civilians and you would never understand these kinds of things. I am talking to you and I am getting Goosebumps. Let me tell you. It (army) is my place. I belong there. I belong to my olive green uniform.

Ashish Singh: You still want to serve the army once you come out?

Lt Col Purohit: Why do you ask me this? You want me to break down? Don’t say this; I am a man from trenches. I have faced bullets. I belong to a martial clan. My pride, my flag, and my family flag I never let anyone down. That’s my army you have gone through my court of enquiry. You must have seen that not a single officer has spoken against me. In fact, it was my open challenge in the court that I surrender my right to examine anyone in my defense. I said call anyone – from sipahi to hawaldar to a general with whom I have served even for a single day. Any one, who says that Col Purohit does not have officer-like qualities, does not have an officer’s character. I said I’ll put down my badges of ranks in front of you. I have no right to serve under you if any one whether in my command or who commands me says that I am not worthy of the uniform.

Ashish Singh: Yes, all 59 officers have given the statement in your favor

Lt Col Purohit: I say it even today; anyone let them say that I’m not worthy to be an officer. I should cease to exist.

Ashish Singh: If the army is completely backing you, the court of enquiry has given you clean chit; officers have given statements in your favor, completely supporting you then is it just a political game? You have irritated a lot of politicians.

Lt Col Purohit: It is for you to answer. For me my job is over, my fight is over.

I was fighting for my papers from the army which they have given me. I have proved through these papers to everyone, whether someone wants to look into it or he doesn’t. It doesn’t matter to me.

Ashish Singh: Sir, I have read a report which you have reported that Dawood was present in Mumbai, his connections and how was his movement?

Lt Col Purohit: Yes. That’s what I am saying. I was doing my job

Ashish Singh: What was it Sir? What did they suggest? One particular thing, I want to ask, who did you report to? What was that report? Do you remember, can you tell us exactly? Like when, where?

Lt Col Purohit: It was 2005, if I remember correctly, in the month of June 5th or 6th June and then it has come in papers, in 2011 then everyone accepted that yes he was there (in Mumbai) and he was acting as a pivot between ISI and Naxals.

Ashish Singh: Colonel, are you telling me he (Dawood) was present in India (in 2005)?

Lt Col Purohit: It is there in papers.

Ashish Singh: But did the authorities act after that? Did anyone take your report seriously? Were you called?

Lt Col Purohit: I can only say that when my reports reached at an appropriate level, they were verified and based on that I was called by ATS superintendent along with senior officers and the senior officers said that in the court of enquiry. When the reports were verified, probably they were found to be correct. That’s why we were invited.

M.K. Neroynan should be questioned about what did he know and what did he do about one of the most wanted 20 criminals that GOI was demanding from Pakistan was in Mumbai coordinating naxals and ISI.

We now know why Doval's contacts were arrested by Mumbai Police in 2005(?) timeframe.

And Congress media was deriding Doval.
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

ramana wrote:
SSridhar wrote:What I am unable to understand is what was the interest of MI in an outfits such as Abhinav Bharat? One can understand their interest in a cross-national terror organization that was targeting India as an enemy nation.

Look at the profiles of the Aseemanand et al. they were planning to setup organizations in PoK.

Purohit was using that as cover to get info about PoK and of Lahore gangs who are firmly in PoK.
Aseemanand and PoK? :-?

Any material on this saar?
Jarita
BRF Oldie

Post by Jarita »

Lots of the usual suspects cribbing about the army providing LT Col. Purohit an escort. I would think his security would be key. What is the protocol?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Jarita wrote:Lots of the usual suspects cribbing about the army providing LT Col. Purohit an escort. I would think his security would be key. What is the protocol?

He will be #1 target of Dawood Ibrahim gang, Congress Non State Actors and Pawarful people.
So he needs protection.

Anyway who was the minister with red beacon escorting Paki terrorists in his car?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Chandragupta, Its all in the back pages here and look at MyInd , Caravan, Tehelka back issues.

Even Robert Ludlum couldn't script this.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Ashish Singh: Colonel, are you telling me he (Dawood) was present in India (in 2005)?

Lt Col Purohit: It is there in papers.
I am not getting this. what papers?

this is new to me...

when was he declared 'global terrorist'?
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

ramana wrote:
Pratyush wrote:Abhinav bharat was founded by savarkar. That to me is motive enough to implicate purohit and everyone associated with the group.

The group founded by Savarkar got dissolved long ago.
This is not the same gravitas as the one founded by Savarkar.

Anyway are you sterotyping?
I am saying that the INC was determined to build the bogy of hindu terror. The poor Abhinav bharat guys happened to be convenient scapegoats in that endeavour. The name is a bonus. That Inc has spent 70 years attacking RSS and savarkar for crimes they did not commit. One final try to get the job done.
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Chandragupta wrote:Congress colluded with ISI & Pakistan to shaft a serving Indian Army officer, created fake narrative of Hindu terrorism to appease Muslims and to ban/jail/kill anyone who would stand up for Hindu interests.

The above line should be sounded by loudspeakers across the country for the next 20 years.

Congress has become a new ML or even better - the political arm of ISI-TSPA.
There's more. Congress (especially Sonia & Co) most likely connived with ISI to orchestrate the 26/11 attacks. At the very least, they knew about it and let it play out
Yayavar
BRF Oldie

Post by Yayavar »

In an earlier report - iirc link from this thread - had read that col. srivastava changed the movement orders based on verbal instructions from his senior (Rawat?). And that is what might be harder to pin down and allow the higher ups involved to escape if guilty. They gave verbal orders and the lower down acted on it. The on-record will likely cover only the lower down perpetrators.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

An old post date 2010
viewtopic.php?p=971523#p971523

Rahul Butt who scouted for 26/11 attack with David Headley was let off scot free and is living a guilt free blissful life and Col Purohit was jailed without charges for ~9 years.

I think the ISI knew that DCH was on the Mumbai police radar and told him as Headley's wife says.
Mumbai Police is fully penetrated by anti-nationals.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

So where is this Col. Shrivastava now?

Any enterprising reporter meet him?
Or his superior officer?

Both should have retired by now.
Suresh S
BRFite

Post by Suresh S »

India and Indians are a mild non violent culture and people. This is our great strength . But in that great strength also lies our great weakness.
These traitors congis or others like them should not get away with just loss of elections. They should meet the fate of people, what Joseph Stalin would have done to creatures like these.Throughout our history traitors have not met the fate they really deserve and which makes these leeches more bold. They think kuch nahi hone wala, are jayada kya hoga jail he to jaynge fere kuch din bad nikal jayenge.

Putting a serving Indian army officer in jail. Just look at the audacity of these vermins. We really need to get the people who are behind putting the Lt colonel in Jail.
Last edited by Suresh S on 23 Aug 2017 23:59, edited 3 times in total.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

ramana wrote:So where is this Col. Shrivastava now?

Any enterprising reporter meet him?
Or his superior officer?

Both should have retired by now.

This was staring right in our faces but for our mental block.

http://newsdog.today/a/article/58fcf2a8 ... cc1c3a7db/

Col Srivastava points fingers at more MI officers

Sakaal Times

04-23 00:00
View source

Pune: Col RK Srivastava, who is at the centrestage in connection with illegal detention of Lt Col Prasad Shrikant Purohit in the 2008 Malegaon bomb blast case, in his statement said there has been systematic shielding of Military Intelligence (MI) officials since the time of infamous Samba spy scandal of 1979.

After Purohit’s name cropped up in the bomb blast case, the New Delhi-based Directorate General of Military Intelligence (DGMI) at the Army Headquarters sent Col Srivastava, then Director of MI-9 unit, to bring Purohit from Pachmarhi in Madhya Pradesh, where he was undergoing Arabic language course at AEC School & Centre. Srivastava conducted preliminary enquiry for the Army.

Later Purohit lodged two statutory complaints against Srivastava alleging that he illegally modified his movement order by taking him to Mumbai, instead of Delhi, and then brutally torturing him in Mumbai Police ATS custody.

Srivastava claimed he had modified the movement order on the “oral instructions” of then Additional DGMI (B) Major General JDS Rawat.

In his reply dated 2014 Srivastava stated, “He (Purohit) was given the papers (at Bhopal) to acknowledge his involvement, which he did not do and filled the papers with known information. On telephone, the content was communicated to the ADGMI (B) who after sometime approved movement towards Mumbai. ADGMI (B) again instructed that during journey if Purohit changes his mind and is ready for confession, he should be promptly taken to Delhi and not Mumbai.”

Purohit was allegedly illegally detained from October 29 to November 4, 2008, at Mumbai, Khandala and during which time, he was reportedly physically assaulted. There are no records either with Army or ATS about Purohit’s whereabouts during this period.

Srivastava denied these allegations by taking the defence that when Purohit was produced before the court he did not complain about torture.

“Obviously he didn’t complain as he (Srivastava) kept on threatening that if Purohit didn’t own up his involvement in the bomb blast, he (Srivastava) would strip my mother, wife and sister and make them parade naked in front of him”, said Purohit’s family member. Purohit also mentioned these threats in his complaint.

‘Veil of Secrecy’
After the blasts on September 29, 2008, Purohit was allegedly helped by many officers and jawans.

Srivastava’s letter states, “Purohit maintains that his superior officers were aware of all the activities on training to wage war against the Republic of India. Purohit received guidance from serving and retired army officers including Col Vinay Panchpore and personnel below officer rank (jawans) to obliterate his footprints. At every stage of investigation, involved army personnel concealed their identity, obtained progress of investigation and tried to destroy evidence and build up strong counter-measures. At initial stage they built up ‘veil of secrecy’ as a serving Int Corps officer was actively involved in assembling and exploding IED in minority dominated areas of Gujarat (Modesa) and Maharashtra (Malegaon). Subsequently bogey of Pakistan taking advantage of situation was built up. But both these facade fell through after confession of Asseemanand (a Hindu ideologue) and repeated discussion in Mumbai High Court, Supreme Court and the Armed Forces Tribunal, deflated these concepts.”

‘MI suppressed evidences’

“During initial days of investigation Lt Col Bappaditya Dhar, an AEC officer, and confirmed accomplice of Purohit through a DO letter sought interview with the Chief of Army Staff to reveal secret aspects of entire operations/ activities. He was not allowed to go beyond the DGMI. Major General Rawat (ADGMI-B) and Brigadier Raj Kumar (DDGMI-B) tried to extract information from him. After a while Dhar returned to Pachmarhi. This was the first instance of MI Directorate involvement in suppressing the evidence. During questioning Purohit, Rawat had called me and instructed to tone down the pace of questioning. He shouted at me saying ‘do not behave like ATS’. Then I had asked to be relieved from the case. (Later) ATS armed with various evidences they were to arrest serving intelligence JCO for his active involvement but it could not be done. Since 2008, Purohit is in jail. MI which was supposed to bring out culpability of his associates, has remained mute observer that army is not investigating the case. Factually, Int Corps officers and jawans’ involvement in Modesa and Malegaon blasts is being best avoided,” Srivastava explained.

MI counter-intelligence officer under ISI shadow

During his investigation, Srivastava complained to ADGMI (B) Rawat that Brigadier Raj Kumar accepted a favour from Col Panchpore who was under investigation. “Also Raj Kumar’s name figured in the ISI email sent to Pakistan by the main accused in the Varanasi espionage case. Details of case were also held with IB. It was ironical that the person heading counter-intelligence division of MI was himself under the shadow of ISI. ADGMI (B) instead of initiating enquiry, intimated Raj Kumar of the conversation”, Srivastava alleged.
Interesting. A lot of rot in the MI dept that caused this. Col Shrivastava seems to have a grudge.

Also note this report dated 22 August in TOI

LINK
...Maj (R) Ramesh Upadhyay is one of the founders of Abhinav Bharat,...
So Pratyush, this Abhinav Bharat is not the one founded by Savarkar.

And an old Outlook article everyone is looking for

Terrorist? Not our Man

It tells details of Purohit COI exonerating him in 2012 itself.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

You go where your boss asks you to go. In this case Col. Srivastav. You send him a Abhinav Bharat, after a while declare him gone rogue. Like David headley. Ofcourse don't know why Lt Col Purhoit specifically was the target. May be he was related to someone big, politically.

Purely CT: Hemant Karkare was involved in the frame up. So his killing in 26/11 may not have been a just coincidence. What better way than bumping off a prime witness by during a terror act which was planned to be blamed on Hindus.

Sub Inspector T. Omble and pure luck of LeT using the sim provided by our undercover guys saved the day.