Radition Implosion means teller ulam. There is no other known physics to extract fusion energy out of atoms. .....
>>>" There is no other known physics
to extract fusion energy out of atoms
REALLY!!!!Sun, one of the well known example produces energy out of Fusion... even before Teller-Ulam were born!
Speaking as a physicist, this above type of claim is really nonsense.
(For scientists, "Radiation implosion" just means " \the compression of a target by the use of high levels of electromagnetic radiation")
For those who are interested in physics: Some more basic well known facts (these are not classified so it can be checked by reputable sources - for more details ask your physics professor etc..)
- Radiation implosion was first developed by Klaus Fuchs and John von Neumann and a patent (then secret) was filed in ..ohh 1946 (I just checked the year)
(Piece of trivia - This design, we now know was given to the USSR by Fuchs as part of the notorious nuclear espionage - From what I know USSR did not use it for fission weapons)
-1951: Stanislaw Ulam: Use hydrodynamic shock of a fission weapon to compress more fissionable material very high density to make two-stage fission bombs (Megaton Range).
- 1951: Edward Teller (who was obviously familiar with Neumann & Fuchs work) radiation compression would be both faster and more efficient than hydrodynamic shock. This became what is known as the "Teller–Ulam design" for the hydrogen bomb. ( x-ray pulses lasting just a micro-second or so from primary can deliver energy output in 10^14 joules range - strong enough for fusion trigger)
(No this design is by no means unique. Many think that Chines design for radiation implosion was a little different -- using lenses instead of x-ray mirrors -- but I digress)
- Many people think that radiation implosion is pressure caused by x-rays. That is, of course, true but in most/many cases the pressure created by vaporized materials is much larger This is the recoil from outer surface of inner core which becomes so hot that it vaporizes and flies in all direction with high velocity. The "radiation implosion" in these hydrogen bombs ought to be called "radiation ablation implosion."
- Many of the terms (like "x-ray" reflectors etc) used in popular media / wiki / even in BRF/ is, to put it mildly, misleading. They are interpreted by many in funny way (different than what a physicist will mean)
- The details/designs is still HIGHLY classified and many times even the most "facts" cited authoritatively by critics are non-sense.
Disclaimer: I am not a weapons expert but just a physicist.