India put on high alert for 26/11 type attack from Pakistan

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Re: India put on high alert for 26/11 type attack from Pakistan

Post by SwamyG »

Obama is visiting Japan, China, South Korea and Singapore. One could worry, if he was visiting Pakistan, Srilanka and Nepal skipping India.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

ramana wrote:
samuel wrote:But the main thing to learn from alert is

1. What can mango people do to prepare/upgrade level of alertness.
Here, in the states, I am constantly inundated -- if you see something, say something -- current threat level is orange -- for your safety,.... --- f*ck it's endless, but I'm clueless which hole to dive into if it goes off. So, what are some things to notice going to work, on the road, in the mall, shopping, etc.?

2. A bomb will go off, sometime. What about triage etc. So, I mean what can ppl do other than stand and stare?

3. How to build local citizen networks and make good connections with law enforcement and medical types.

If India has been put on high alert, why are we not discussing how we can respond to it, couldn't BRF prepare ads for various steps and put them in news papers, eg? I mean a seriously thought out thing for people on scale of small communities to cities and wire them with govmand...

Wait, there was a thread just for that, right?
jmt
S
Well the US Govt has a site which can be a good template to be tailored to suit Indian conditions for organizations, families and individuals:

http://www.ready.gov/

Why dont jingoes in India create an Indian version and put it up. Beats inaction.

Huffinton Post has a twitter page that collates all the tweets on a situation. I suggest BRF work on creating one such page for next atrocity.

There is one right now for the Ft. Hood incident.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Please discuss the Ft Hood incident in the Indo-US news thread if desired. No more discussion in this thread.

Thanks, ramana