The Curious Case of Daood Gilani alias David Headley & co

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Re: The Curious Case of Daood Gilani alias David Headley & c

Post by chaanakya »

X-Posted
Amitava wrote:PBS Frontline and ProPublica will air a documentary on Headley tomorrow

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/

Today, Terry Gross interviewed ProPublica’s Sebastian Rotella, you can listen to the interview here
http://www.npr.org/2011/11/21/142589280 ... c=freshair

Here's the ProPublica link http://www.propublica.org/article/the-p ... s-tomorrow

Rotella will be on an online chat tomorrow 11AM US/Eastern time, please see the ProPublica link above.

also, there's this e-book from this journalist

http://www.amazon.com/Pakistan-Mumbai-A ... B004JU0QIS
anishns
BRFite

Post by anishns »

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/david-headley/

A few observations after watching the above video

- I can't believe that the MC/BC @#$% Bhatt was asking for money from the interviewer to talk about Headley/Gilani, which the interviewer refused to do. Goes to say that these scum will sell their own mothers for fame and money, let alone the country.
- It was also quite shocking to note that none of the other mango abduls in Mumbai who came in contact with DG wanted to talk about him, one of them even slammed the door in the face of the interviewer. A stark contrast from the mango abduls in AmirKhan, who informed the FBI as soon as they figured out something fishy....especially the old couple who were friends of DG's mother.
- Americans did what they usually do, looking after their own self interest and short term goals (read tactical brilliance). In short, the American establishment has caused more harm to themselves and the rest of the world, than any Terrorist or Jihadi can ever hope to achieve
Airavat
BRF Oldie

Post by Airavat »

anishns wrote:I can't believe that the MC/BC @#$% Bhatt was asking for money from the interviewer to talk about Headley/Gilani, which the interviewer refused to do. Goes to say that these scum will sell their own mothers for fame and money, let alone the country.
For low bandwidth users this is the transcript of the documentary:

RAHUL BHATT: [on the phone] Yes, Sebastian, brother?

SEBASTIAN ROTELLA: [on camera] How’re you doing?

RAHUL BHATT: Good, good, brother. You tell me.

SEBASTIAN ROTELLA: [voice-over] He even made friends with a B-movie actor named Rahul Bhatt

RAHUL BHATT: It’s not that I didn’t want to do it—

SEBASTIAN ROTELLA: —who would only talk to me if I paid him.

RAHUL BHATT: You’ve got to do something for me, Sebastian.

SEBASTIAN ROTELLA: I refused.

RAHUL BHATT: Nobody else knew Headley the way I knew him.

SEBASTIAN ROTELLA: He introduced Headley to Mumbai’s party scene.

DEVEN BHARTI, Mumbai Police: Definitely, he would go to Bollywood parties and other parties with Mr. Bhatt. And he started enjoying the parties.
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Airavat wrote:
anishns wrote:I can't believe that the MC/BC @#$% Bhatt was asking for money from the interviewer to talk about Headley/Gilani, which the interviewer refused to do. Goes to say that these scum will sell their own mothers for fame and money, let alone the country.
For low bandwidth users this is the transcript of the documentary:

RAHUL BHATT: [on the phone] Yes, Sebastian, brother?

SEBASTIAN ROTELLA: [on camera] How’re you doing?

RAHUL BHATT: Good, good, brother. You tell me.

SEBASTIAN ROTELLA: [voice-over] He even made friends with a B-movie actor named Rahul Bhatt

RAHUL BHATT: It’s not that I didn’t want to do it—

SEBASTIAN ROTELLA: —who would only talk to me if I paid him.

RAHUL BHATT: You’ve got to do something for me, Sebastian.

SEBASTIAN ROTELLA: I refused.

RAHUL BHATT: Nobody else knew Headley the way I knew him.

SEBASTIAN ROTELLA: He introduced Headley to Mumbai’s party scene.

DEVEN BHARTI, Mumbai Police: Definitely, he would go to Bollywood parties and other parties with Mr. Bhatt. And he started enjoying the parties.
Bhatt Sr, Appealled to SG that why R Bhatt was saved from being exposed for his involment in Headley Recee activities. Bhatt Senior and Daughter cancelled their Vatican visit where they were supposed to give a speech on freedom of Religion.

Link just in case people feel my comments above were not based on facts

PM 'assures' Mahesh Bhatt of justice in son Rahul's case
``The PM's prompt response is heartwarming and it gives me hope, now that a conscientious man is aware of my plight,'' said a relieved Bhatt.
Asked about his cancelled trip to the Vatican, where he had been invited by the Pope as one of the 500 artistes to speak on global peace, Bhatt said, ``I cannot mouth platitudes when the ground under my own feet is burning.''
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

>>Bhatt said, ``I cannot mouth platitudes when the ground under my own feet is burning.''

Otherwise, apparently, he can. Freudian shilpa no doubt....
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

I watched parts of it recently, and it was a fascinating piece of connecting all the dots. Nothing new to BRF audience. They did not explore the double-agent angle more. I am sure it could have merited a 2 hr schedule instead of the 1 hr.
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

SwamyG wrote:
I watched parts of it recently, and it was a fascinating piece of connecting all the dots. Nothing new to BRF audience. They did not explore the double-agent angle more. I am sure it could have merited a 2 hr schedule instead of the 1 hr.
I felt the same. Perhaps they will add another hour judging by the response.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

rotella hints that his double agent theory got rapidly shut down by the agencies and he was told to go look elsewhere
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Anish: In the defense of mango abduls in Mumbai (or anywhere else in India), they have been shaped because of the existing culture of harassment from rowdies, gangs, mafia, officials or even cops. On top of it relatives and neighbors ka charcha and git-git. A Jane or Joe in North America is less harassed than a desi Champa or Bhushan; they have it easier here in maaasa. So go easy, please.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

From the available evidence ,it is abundantly clear that Gilani/headley,operating as a US double agent,who secretly was in cahoots with the ISI/LET,could not have kept his US handlers in the dark about his anti-Indian terror contacts in Pak,as he spent so much of time in India.No agent in the field would be allowed so much of freedom tavelling to a foreign country and spending so much of time there without the approval of his handlers/organisation.It therefore requires an aanswer from the US about knowledge of G?H's activities when he was in India.The reluctance of the US to hand over G/H and even pressurise Pak to hand over the 26/11 accused who are out on the streets openly in Pak,indicates the depth off diabolic,duplicity by the US establishment,which cared little for terror attacks against India,as long as further attacks against US troops did not occur..The "Nelsonian eye" with which the US treated anti-Indian terror emanating from Pak ,is a scandal as great as the acts of 26/11 themselves.
Airavat
BRF Oldie

Post by Airavat »

US unwilling to share more info on Headley: P Chidambaram
Asked about former home secretary G K Pillai’s statement to the investigative journalism website ProPublica that the US knew more than it told India, Chidambaram said, “That’s true.”

“That Headley was working for one or more US agencies is not in doubt. The question is how long was he working (for the US agencies) and when did he switch sides and become a double agent? ...Question is he was an agent, when did he become a double agent? When did he switch to the ISI side? That’s not clear. And secondly, when was he terminated by the US agencies? This is also not clear,” Chidambaram said.

Chidambaram said his “realistic, hard assessment” was that Pakistan was “not likely to make any progress in investigating or prosecuting the real perpetrators of 26/11”. “See, as long as (Headley’s Lashkar handler) Sajid Mir and (Headley’s ISI handler) Major Iqbal and five others (involved in the planning of the attacks) have not even been apprehended, what kind of prosecution is this?”
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

So what does that mean PC? Is the US a "friend" or "foe",as it is now openly colluding with Pak in keeping aspects of G/Hs perfidy against India secret and acquiescing with Pak to keep the perpetrators of 26/11 safe and sound in Pak,plotting new diabolic acts against India.

How much longer will our dear "prime" leader ex-IMF babu ,continue to prostrate him,self at the altar of Washington and b*msuck Uncle Sam? Surely India can express its anger at the US's disgraceful behaviour by cancelling or blacklisting some if its defence deals/firms? Unless this disreputable regime acts firm with the US,we will end up before long as nothing but a vassal entity of Uncle Sam,whose freedom and wealth has been mortgaged to the US of A.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Google cache on Daoud Gilani/David Headley circa November 2011
Virupaksha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Virupaksha »

Wasnt there a wikileak which said that the Headley request from India was a "naam ke vaaste" request? I remember it because B Raman cited that incident as proof of how wikileaks damages "international mobocracy".

Yes, here it is
http://www.southasiaanalysis.org/%5Cpap ... r4682.html
To illustrate my point, I will give the example of the Cable sent by Timothy Roemer, the then US Ambassador, to the State Department on December 17, 2009, after an interaction---that was apparently informal--- with M. K. Narayanan, the then National Security Adviser, on the question of David Coleman Headley, of the Chicago cell of the Lashkar-e-Toiba (LET), who was involved in the 26/11 terrorist strikes in Mumbai.

11. A careful reading of this cable would indicate that M.K. and the Ambassador were informally discussing the implications of an Indian request for his extradition. The Ambassador was hinting that this could create difficulties in the way of the FBI interrogating Headley and sharing the resulting intelligence with the Indian agencies.

12. MK, while showing some understanding of the point made by the Ambassador, was pointing out as to why India had to make a nam-ke-waste request for extradition. That is the way informal exchanges are conducted.
So who was PC trying to fool here and why?
Another naam ke vaaste "request", I guess. So who is the new bakra this time and why?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

If its linked to potential 80 JSF purchase then Headly will be put righaway on a plane.

His crime in India is much more severe than the one in US.

And its test of US-India ties.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Nightwatch refs to David Headley

NightWatch 20101019

India: For the record. India's Intelligence Bureau (IB) issued a terror alert on 19 October placing all military installations on high alert following a new threat from Pakistan, Press Trust of India reported. IB warned that Pakistani militant group Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) and Pakistan's intelligence services trained special suicide attackers to assault India's defense installations. Militants may use a sea route to enter India and carry out the attacks, according to IB sources.

India-Pakistan: According to a 109 page Indian interrogation report of the Pakistani-American jihadist, David Headley, officers through senior field grade ranks in Pakistan's intelligence services were involved directly in the 2008 Mumbai militant attacks and intended to control a further split in Kashmir-based militant groups by providing them with a victory, The Guardian reported yesterday, 18 October.

Headley, a Pakistani American originally named Daood Gilani, undertook surveillance missions of the LeT targets in the 2008 Mumbai operation, He said he regularly reported to the ISI, but the Indian interrogation report suggests that supervision of the terrorists by the ISI was often chaotic. Headley also opined that the senior officers of the agency were unaware of the Mumbai operation beforehand.

According to the Indian interrogation report and The Guardian, Headley said he met once with a Pakistan Army "Colonel Kamran" and had a series of meetings with two majors named "Sameer Ali" and "Iqbal" from Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI). A fellow terrorist met with Colonel Shah." At least one of eight surveillance missions in India as paid for by the ISI, who paid him $25,000.

Comment: The Guardian does not admit that the Indian interrogation report might have been leaked deliberately. In any event, the publication of key excerpts will help justify to the international community the grounds for Indian suspicions and caution in dealing with Pakistan.

Headley might have told the truth, but the Pakistanis he dealt with certainly did not use their real names or affiliations. Headley's confession of involvement in the Mumbai attacks is sufficient to convince India that Pakistanis and Pakistan itself bear ultimate responsibility for the more than 160 dead in Mumbai in 2008.

The most plausible statement by Headley is that he was told the reason for the Mumbai attacks was to unite Kashmiri militant factions that were splintering and to move militant activity out of Pakistan and against India. Otherwise, Headley has a bit for Pakistan and a bit for India.

His allegations, as reported, will reinforce India's conviction that Pakistani officials continue to support the anti-Indian Islamic terrorists. On the other hand, Pakistanis will see other comments as exonerating the Pakistani government from blame by perpetuating the notion of rogue operations within the Pakistani intelligence service.

Any long time student of the Pakistani military hierarchy knows that rogue operations by serving senior field grade officers are all but impossible. Headley told his interrogators what they wanted to hear and hardened viewpoints already set in stone.
2) NightWatch 20100716
Mumbai update. According to the Indians, David Headley, a U.S. citizen who helped plan the 2008 Mumbai attacks, said Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) gave Lashkar-e-Taiba 2.5 million rupees ($53,000) to buy a boat to carry the Mumbai attackers from Karachi, The Times of India reported 16 July. The terrorists then hijacked an Indian fishing boat at the Pakistani maritime boundary to reach Mumbai.

Headley has identified two ISI officers who handled the attackers through a voice sample, and Indian investigators have information indicating that ISI chief Lieutenant General Ahmed Shuja Pasha met one of the handlers, Sajjid Mir, who is currently held in a Pakistani jail. All of the information has been shared with Pakistan, an Indian source said. Pakistani Foreign Minister Qureshi declined to address this information raised by the Indians.

Comment: The Indians are in a quandary. They know -- because Pakistani analysts have found -- that Pakistani military governments, especially that of Musharraf, have a record of advancing and deepening popular support for Islamic extremism, measured by the exponential growth in madrasahs during periods of military rule. A few years ago The Daily Times published an extensive expose that presented the data.

At the same time, politically, military governments tend to mend fences with India. Musharraf went so far as to propose a solution for converting the Line of Control in Kashmir into a permanent border.

The result of this combination of policies is that Kashmir becomes less violent but anti-Indian terror increases. Thus, under Musharraf's tenure Kashmir devolved into a law and order problem for India, tourism increased and India began withdrawing soldiers. However, Pakistani intelligence supplied and financed the LeT attack against Mumbai in November 2008, three months after Musharraf resigned as President.

Elected civilian governments in Pakistan restrain the growth of Islamic extremism, including the proliferation of madrasahs, but do so by using Kashmir human rights and self determination to generate popular and Army support.

The result of this combination is increased infiltration into Jammu and Kashmir State during the past two years that has slowed the return to civil normality in Kashmir. However, there have been no new major LeT terrorist attacks against India.

Under both forms of government Pakistani intelligence avoids executive control by switching its emphasis, alternately supporting terrorism against India or Kashmiri militants.

Lately, India is pressing an advantage in that the elected Pakistani government shares India's concern about the threat of Islamist terror and even a takeover of government at some point. However, the Zardari-Gilani leadership in Islamabad seems to lack the power, and maybe even the knowledge, to control the extremists. The Indians remain willing to help them, to be sure, as this week's talks showed.
3)NightWatch 20110605
India-Pakistan: During a speech presented in Singapore over the weekend, India's Secretary of State for Defense said that India would have difficulty not responding with major military force in the event of another attack in India by Pakistan-based terrorists.

"If a provocation is to happen again, it would be hard to justify to our people self-restraint, and I hope that it will not be repeated and that we will have a constructive dialogue with Pakistan in containing these terrorist elements which are causing strife not only in India but also within Pakistan," Minister of State Pallam Raju said.

Comment: Pallam Raju's remarks were in reaction to testimony in a trial in Chicago by David Headley, who was a scout for the November 2008 Pakistan-based attack on Mumbai. Pallam Raju's implications are that another sensational attack traced to Pakistan will lead to war, just as it almost did twice in 2002, after the LeT terrorist group's attack against the Indian Parliament in December 2001.

4)NightWatch 20100714
India-Pakistan: Today, on the eve of the first talks between foreign ministers since 2008, the Indian Home Affairs Ministry announced that India has obtained evidence that Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) directorate played a more significant role in the planning and execution of the November 2008 Mumbai attack than had previously been thought, according to Indian Home Secretary G. K. Pillai, Indian Express reported 14 July.

Pillai said information gathered from interrogations of David Headley, a U.S. citizen accused of helping plan the attack, indicated the ISI had planned the attack with Lashkar-e-Taiba militant Hafiz Saeed "from beginning to end." He added that the ISI was not a peripheral player, but was controlling and coordinating the attack, and that Saeed also knew everything about the attack.

Comment: The Indians have sprung a trap on the Pakistanis. It will be noteworthy if the talks are held at all. Every Indian acceptance of talks with Pakistan since November 2008 has been predicated on a discussion of terrorism first, specifically anti-Indian terrorism from Pakistan. Pakistan has argued for broader talks. Today, India narrowed the focus once again, while seeming to accept the Pakistani terms for more general discussions.

The Indian trap appears to be New Delhi's response to last week's Pakistani ministry of foreign affairs statement denouncing Indian "occupation" of Kashmir. The talks will go nowhere unless Pakistan agrees to deal effectively with ISI support to Pakistan-based terrorists, which is now almost beyond dispute. For India, Pakistan is a state sponsor of terrorism.

Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

India Allows Request to Charge U.S. Citizen in 2008 Attacks
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/19/world ... .html?_r=1
MUMBAI, India — An Indian court on Saturday approved a request by prosecutors to charge an American citizen, David Coleman Headley, in connection with the 2008 terrorist attacks here, according to an official with the National Investigation Agency. The decision, which is the first step in seeking an extradition, sets up a possible confrontation between the United States and India.Mr. Headley has confessed in the United States to playing a major role in the Mumbai attacks, which killed at least 163 people, but he testified against another man tried in the attack to avoid both the death penalty and extradition to India.
The plea deal has angered many Indians, already frustrated by the slow progress in the investigations into the brazen attack that unfolded over three days and shook this city. So far, only one person has been convicted in the case in India: the sole surviving gunman in the attacks, Ajmal Kasab, who has been sentenced to death.
The court on Saturday also approved charges against seven Pakistanis and another man in the United States, Tahawwur Rana. It was Mr. Rana whom Mr. Headley testified against in a United States court. Mr. Rana was eventually acquitted of helping to plot the Mumbai attacks, but he was found guilty of supporting plans to attack a Danish newspaper that published cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad. Pakistan has previously refused to hand over people whom India has accused of plotting the attacks, in which 10 gunmen held Mumbai under siege, terrorizing five-star hotels, a busy train station, a Jewish center, a popular bar and other locations.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Its possible there is deal to hand over DCH in larger interests of the US-India relationship:nuke deal, military hardware etc.
member_21708
BRFite

Post by member_21708 »

Tahawwur Rana dubs David Headley as 'unrepentant terrorist'
Published: Sunday, Mar 4, 2012, 22:01 IST
By Himani Kumar | Place: Chicago | Agency: PTI

Pakistani-Canadian Tahawwur Rana has told a US court that his friend David Headley, convicted in 26/11 Mumbai attack, was an "unrepentant terrorist" and he had knowledge of latter's "link" with Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT).

In his latest submission before a Chicago court, Rana, however, has challenged the Government's assertion that he does not require a fresh trail.

Last year, a grand jury in Chicago had found Rana guilty of providing material support to support LeT and plotting attack on a Danish newspaper along with Headley.

Though he was acquitted on charges of being involved in the 26/11 attacks, an Indian has asked the National Investigating Agency to produce him before it on March 13 to question him on his alleged role in the Mumbai massacre by Pakistan-based LeT terrorists in November 2008 that claimed 166 lives, including six Americans.

"Headley is an unrepentant terrorist who has repeatedly lied to those close to him, to law enforcement, to the government and to the jury," alleged Rana's attorney Patrick Blegen in a submission before the US court on Friday.

Blegen argues that 51-year-old Rana's knowledge of "links" between Pakistani-American Headley and LeT, a designated terrorist outfit, is not enough evidence to prove him guilty and this there is the need of a fresh trial.

However, federal prosecutors have, argued, in their submissions, that the court should proceed with the motion to sentence him on these two counts ??" providing material support to LeT and plotting attack on a Danish newspaper.

This could result him a maximum of 30 years in prison.

"The evidence presented at trial showed that defendant and Headley performed nearly identical roles with respect to the India and Denmark plots. Headley was tasked by Lashkar with performing surveillance of terrorist targets in both India and Denmark," federal prosecutors said.
http://www.dnaindia.com/world/report_ta ... st_1658468
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

This new report is ironic, for it was Daoud Gilani, while working for the US govt. that facilitated the Mumbai terrorist attack on 26 Nov 2008!!!!

Jhujar wrote:http://www.dawn.com/2012/03/03/no-ameri ... et-us.html

Special forces working in India to contain LeT: US
WASHINGTON: The United States had its special forces in India and was working with the Indians to contain Lashkar-e-Taiba, a senior American military official told a congressional panel. :rotfl: In his testimony before the House Armed Services Committee, US Pacific Commander Admiral Robert Willard defined LeT as a “very dangerous” security threat to the entire South Asian region.

”Earlier, Congressman Joe Wilson, a South Carolina Republican, described LeT as “a joint enemy” of India and Pakistan, which led the “murderous assault” on Mumbai in 2008. “What efforts are being made to counteract that level of terrorism?” he asked.“Lashkar-e-Taiba is very dangerous, Pakistani-based, and a lot of international design in terms of their aspirations. So it’s a very important threat, and we’re working very closely with the nations in the region to help contain it,” Admiral Willard said.

Do they think Indians are so foolish to not know what is happening?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

What else is lacking in the probe that they need DCH now?
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

ramana wrote:What else is lacking in the probe that they need DCH now?
I would guess that new information gleaned from Abu Jundal.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

K.P. Nayar wrote in Telegraph long time ago

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1120206/j ... 098135.jsp
It was in direct contrast to Washington’s approach: the bulk of India’s intelligence community and key bureaucrats at decision-making levels believe that the Americans two-timed New Delhi on David Coleman Headley, their double agent in Chicago who played a major role in the Pakistan-supported terrorist attack on Mumbai in 2008.
So its quite understood by Delhi about the US role.
Virupaksha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Virupaksha »

ramana wrote:K.P. Nayar wrote in Telegraph long time ago

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1120206/j ... 098135.jsp
It was in direct contrast to Washington’s approach: the bulk of India’s intelligence community and key bureaucrats at decision-making levels believe that the Americans two-timed New Delhi on David Coleman Headley, their double agent in Chicago who played a major role in the Pakistan-supported terrorist attack on Mumbai in 2008.
So its quite understood by Delhi about the US role.
Ramana garu,

Whom are we kidding? Just 10 posts above is the report that Headley's extradition request from India was only nam-ke-waaste. I believe it is more to do with the authors ideosyncracies.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Virupaksha, Maybe that was MKN's time and later it got changed.

note the KPN article date is Feb 2012 which is much later than the earlier interchange.
Virupaksha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Virupaksha »

ramana wrote:Virupaksha, Maybe that was MKN's time and later it got changed.

note the KPN article date is Feb 2012 which is much later than the earlier interchange.
Doesnt it indicate even worse? So less than 1 year after mumbai, Indian ruling camp had already given up!!

I do not believe that MKN could have made such a statement without political approval. The ruling political camp hasnt changed since then.

Infact the most curious phrase for me in particular is "bulk". it means that he was not speaking with those who actually had direct interaction or authority over those negotiations. I would bet that the source might have been someone who was not directly involved and KPN read what he wanted to read.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Chicago District Court Sentences Daood Gilani aka David Headly 35 years of imprisonment for his role in killing of 165 person in Mumbai. For each death caused by Daood is two and half months. While he deserved to be given death sentence the American prosecutors are touting this as their attempts to seek justice for Indian citizens.Shame on them for accepting plea bargaining in an open and shut case.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

chaanakya wrote:Chicago District Court Sentences Daood Gilani aka David Headly 35 years of imprisonment for his role in killing of 165 person in Mumbai. For each death caused by Daood is two and half months. While he deserved to be given death sentence the American prosecutors are touting this as their attempts to seek justice for Indian citizens.Shame on them for accepting plea bargaining in an open and shut case.
Am still hoping a change in Govt can force to the US to tell the truth about L-E-T involvement in Samjhauta blasts.
Varoon Shekhar
BRF Oldie

Post by Varoon Shekhar »

Notice how the Western/International news agencies are ignoring or downplaying this story. The same news agencies who will file a report from India about eunuch festivals, acid victim winners of a game show, some Pakistani actress accusing Indian filmmakers of filming her nude without her permission( whatever) etc. This is a man who is indirectly responsible for the deaths of over 160 people, including 6 Americans and other non-Indians. Perhaps the fact that he is American is causing them to downgrade the item? Real wretched bast*rds.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Aditya_V wrote:
Am still hoping a change in Govt can force to the US to tell the truth about L-E-T involvement in Samjhauta blasts.
May be. Samjhauta blast is a big cover up by INC. What people should realise that this train has highest security and entry check when compared to other trains because it requires travel by proper travel documents with Identity check and Visa passport etc. One just can not buy a ticket and go to the platform from where departure takes place, let alone hop on to the Train with tiffin or pressure cooker fitted with bombs . Hence If Indians were involved then it has to be under cover of security and that can come only by Congress. I suspect that INC is neck deep in this conspiracy. Fartings from kongi stooges point to the same.

While one need not believe everything that US investigators said about their investigations but they certainly have more resources to know fact better then our NIA or CBI or DP or whatever, whose credibility in any case is at the rock bottom now, but one needs to take serious note of their statement when they say it was masterminded by LeT. How could our investigators brush aside that possibility. That too when massive intelligence failure in Mumbai Blast has exposed the deep cracks and inefficiency in the functioning of intelligence apparatus.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Headley and his info is being kept from India because it will show proof how the US and the Pakis have collaborated in the past together against India! It would also likely expose the fact that the US knew in advance that Headley-Gilani to give him his proper Paki name,had "cased the joint" for his ISI handlers.The US kept mum and allowed the crime to go a-headley,pardon the pun,in its own interests,playing a superb double game,stroking the Pakis with one hand while slapping them with drone attacks with the other.The Yanquis message to their Paki rent-boys is,that it is open-season on attacking Indians,but not the US military.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

The Yanquis message to their Paki rent-boys is,that it is open-season on attacking Indians,but not the US military.
Well, the same message seems to be coming from our own rulers so why should Amrika care for us?
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

sum wrote:
The Yanquis message to their Paki rent-boys is,that it is open-season on attacking Indians,but not the US military.
Well, the same message seems to be coming from our own rulers so why should Amrika care for us?
It is like saying why should pakis care for us? Same to same, whats the difference?

Trading terrorists like Headley & others for JSF orders, playing double games and trades with pakis and Indians in terrorism cases and terrorism in general, convenience of FBI investigation against extradition requests - it is all conditional and nothing beyond American interests.

That our investigative agencies are going slow and not able to detect such attacks is amongst the bigger problems for sure. HEADLEY--RANA: COVER-UP OF AN ICEBERG

An important question is why our own investigators, diplomats and people involved in this are silent on any cover ups as well.

Not to forget color of terror in this case when USA flatly denies disclosing details?

what happens to Amonkeytamash since the terrorist hated India just like that and why just like that.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

It is like saying why should pakis care for us? Same to same, whats the difference?
Well, it is true. Why will the TSP-ians care for our "feelings" unless they are made to understand that there is a price to pay if limits are crossed?

Didnt the same happen during 90s when CIT-X was unleashed on TSP and this led to gradual handing off of TSP from the Punjab arena?

Currently, we seem to be only showing the other cheek for every TSP action and arent even taking a semblance of action against the ringleader, US.

So, why will the US have any obligation to stop its munna from biting us more( if it achieves US goals) if we are giving the impression that we want to get slapped one more time since small brother makes mistakes and can be forgiven?
lakshmikanth
BRFite

Post by lakshmikanth »

One should NEVER EVER expect the US to act in any nation's interest other than its own. That should be burned in the brain of anyone who thinks strategically for India. We need to protect our interest. The only way to protect our interest is to let others know that we can squeeze their b@lls, and diligently develop the capability to do so, and use it mercilessly to further our own interest.

There is no respect without hard power. There is no such thing as soft-power.