The pro-telangana though process has become an ideology rather than a step towards progress and empowerment. All their arguments about economic exploitation, separate culture, language, separate telugu-talli etc all fell on their face. All that is left is a strong/stubborn desire for a separate state and deep antagonism towards costa-telugus.
I guess all that narrow-mindedness is fine as long as it helps improve the back-ward districts of Telangana.
The news papers are filled with various ideas for the past two days.
1. Owaisi talked against separate-T as it is against Muslim interests and might benefit BJP! Please note that MIM never had any presence outside Hyderabad, but they talk about united AP as they want to be representatives of all muslims in AP (similar to Paki desire to represent all muslims in entire sub-continent). We should be clear about their united-AP claims.
2. KCR proposed a new version of "Rayala Telangana" adding Kurnool and Anantapur. Perhaps the congress leaders from these districts are against YSJ. You can also see how these districts are connected to the Telugu-dominated areas of Karnataka. Perhaps it is BJP plan.
3. Botsa, not-surprisingly, welcomed KCR's ideas. Probably he is going to start Uttarandhra demand along these lines. Don't know if the twin Godavari districts go his way given the Kapu-majority there.
4. That would leave the districts of Krishna, Guntur, Prakasam, Kadapa, Nellore and Chittor. This will weaken YSJ as he cannot have a finger in all three pies and he is not a leader of that stature.
5. The INC will be able to
- Win Uttarandhra
- Be a winner in Telangana if KCR merges with them.
- Be in a 2nd place (if YSJ remains outside)
6. TDP has to become a regional party with presence in all three new states. But there is very little possibility of it coming to power anywhere, even in next elections.
Note: Please note the mining-rich areas in all these three new states.