Telangana Monitor

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Dasari
BRFite

Re: Telangana Monitor

Post by Dasari »

Satya_anveshi wrote:Yup that is more like it (sans again the morally uptight sounding "satyagrapah" because there is nothing to do with it). We have stripped off all non sense souding false logic and arrived at the what really is the core stand of Andhrites do nothing as we are the status quo beneficiary adn will continue to milk it till the costs increase.

this is what I was saying. Thanks for playing. It is for leadership to take heed of this dynamic and in the overall interest of the nation should recognize the issue for what it is and do the needful.
The whole nation is taking heed and watching with dismay how the jealous pseudo intellectuals and opportunist politicians are destroying one of the most progressive state in the Indian union.

The only status quo that needs to be addressed is the T pampering that is going on at the expense of the rest of the state. Nobody is here to listen to cooked up stories of Jaya Shankar. Those days were long gone. People are more informed now with reports like SKC. This kind of pampering only creates greed. So you stick to the self fulfilling prophesy of hate. Ultimately it may be reciprocated by the other side and your dream may be fulfilled.
nvishal
BRFite

Post by nvishal »

I like how some members here are trying to change the "telangana v/s andhra" equation to "telangana v/s india". Had "andhra logic" wrt hyderabad been applied to british raj, history would have never happened.

The hilarity over hyderabads status doesn't seem to end. It reminds me about the incident where the representative of nizam wished to join pakistan but was unable to because of geography. I think "corridors" from one part to the other were also requested. It seems that history will repeat itself. This time, hyd will want to join andhra. Mountbatten handled that situation very diplomatically and logically. Do we have a mountbatten for andhra/telangana? I don't think so.

Telangana already has a muslim ghetto. I wonder what happens when you add another ghetto(andhra) to this equation.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Greater Hyd as UT is all over the newspapers here in Hyd though it is a speculation. In my personal opinion any T-leader or T-group that accepts this as formula should not be tolerated. Acceptance of this formula of T with probable Warangal as Capital and leaving HYD is absolute disaster for T. It is complete slicing and dicing of T districts.

16 mandals in Hyderabad district (entire Hyderabad District)
24 mandals in Ranga Reddy district - Shamshabad, Rajendranagar, Sherilingampally, Balanagar, Quthubullapur, Malkajigiri, Alwal, Lothkunta, Keesara, Ghatkesar, Uppal, Saroornagar, Medchal, Shameerpet, Hayathnagar, Shankerpally, Chevella, Shahbad, Moinabad, Maheshwaram, Ibrahimpatnam, Manchal (Part), Yacharam (Part), Kandukur
10 mandals in Medak district - Patancheru, Ramachandrapuram, Sangareddy, Jinnaram, Hathnoora (Part), Narsapur, Shivampet, Tupran, Wargal, Mulug
5 mandals in Nalgonda district - Bhongir, Bibinagar, Pochampally, Bommalaramaram, Choutuppal
3 mandals in Mehboobnagar district - Kothur, Farooqnagar (Part)

The repercussions and after effects of trifurcation will be complete eradication of any one who is poor or lower middle classes in this so called new HYD pseudo-state.
a_bharat
BRFite

Post by a_bharat »

Muppalla wrote:Greater Hyd as UT is all over the newspapers here in Hyd though it is a speculation. In my personal opinion any T-leader or T-group that accepts this as formula should not be tolerated. Acceptance of this formula of T with probable Warangal as Capital and leaving HYD is absolute disaster for T. It is complete slicing and dicing of T districts.
The repercussions and after effects of trifurcation will be complete eradication of any one who is poor or lower middle classes in this so called new HYD pseudo-state.
Please elaborate the last line.

Greater Hyd as UT and perhaps a separate state in future is the second best option (the first being united AP). The T folks will get their "self rule" on the rest of T (> 90%?). Perhaps Hyd will also get "self rule" sometime later (even if it means MIM domination due to splitting of Hindu votes). TRS goons appear to be worse than MIM.
vnadendla
BRFite

Post by vnadendla »

Muppalla wrote:Greater Hyd as UT is all over the newspapers here in Hyd though it is a speculation......

How? How will anyone who is poor eradicated? You mean the place you have a hut in will be worth crores and they will sell and move? Then they will become rich. So you want poor to be poor? You don't want poverty to be eradicated?

YOu mean land grabbing. Then grandfather in at UT formation. You mean new poor people cannot migrate to UT for opportunities? Then set aside land for affordable housing.

If you mean cost of living (other than housing) then we already have PDS. In addition there is nothing stopping poor from getting their supplies from outside Hyd.

Can you explain how the formation of UT will result in eradication of poor people and not eradication of poverty.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

Muppala garu,

are you trying to be mischievious here by spreading ideas that don't seem to be mainstream:

here is what I gather from news:

Will not compromise on Hyderabad, says KCR
During an informal talk with media persons, Mr Rao asserted that there can be no compromise on Hyderabad being part of Telangana as existed on October 31, 1956, and warned that if any attempt is made to alienate Hyderabad, there will be fresh bouts of strong agitations.

“We will not accept Telangana without Hyder-abad even if our heads are chopped off. There is no alternative but to fight till the last to achieve Telangana with Hydera-bad,” he declared, adding that even the MIM president Mr Asaduddin Owaisi has made it clear that if the state is bifurcated, Hyderabad should be part of Telangana and they are opposed to Union Territory status.
However, like I said before, any proposal of separating Hyderabad from Telangana is legitimizing the crime and blaming the victim as we see in (sorry to bring the model back ) in Pukistan.

Taking away what Telangana has truly accomodated during the turmoil is punishing Telangana rather than solving anything. If the conerns of "backlash" are real that can be safeguarded with a real "Gentlemen's agreement" in reverse this time to ensure Hyd keeps its growth agenda in tact. In fact, I would say KCR agree for an economic package for all the business interests in Hyd to take them into confidence.

I again say Hyderabad as UT or anything less than where it truly belongs (i.e. in Telangana with unfettered conditions) is a complete disaster and akin to punishing it and fixing nothing.
a_bharat
BRFite

Post by a_bharat »

^^^
The other Jinnah accepted a moth-eaten pakistan; so should today's if he is desperate for separate T.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

Thank you for calling UT solution as moth eaten and hence unworkable. We already QED'd who are pukis in our midsts are. Let me know if you need help finding that post.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Muppalla wrote:Greater Hyd as UT is all over the newspapers here in Hyd though it is a speculation. In my personal opinion any T-leader or T-group that accepts this as formula should not be tolerated. Acceptance of this formula of T with probable Warangal as Capital and leaving HYD is absolute disaster for T. It is complete slicing and dicing of T districts.

16 mandals in Hyderabad district (entire Hyderabad District)
24 mandals in Ranga Reddy district - Shamshabad, Rajendranagar, Sherilingampally, Balanagar, Quthubullapur, Malkajigiri, Alwal, Lothkunta, Keesara, Ghatkesar, Uppal, Saroornagar, Medchal, Shameerpet, Hayathnagar, Shankerpally, Chevella, Shahbad, Moinabad, Maheshwaram, Ibrahimpatnam, Manchal (Part), Yacharam (Part), Kandukur
10 mandals in Medak district - Patancheru, Ramachandrapuram, Sangareddy, Jinnaram, Hathnoora (Part), Narsapur, Shivampet, Tupran, Wargal, Mulug
5 mandals in Nalgonda district - Bhongir, Bibinagar, Pochampally, Bommalaramaram, Choutuppal
3 mandals in Mehboobnagar district - Kothur, Farooqnagar (Part)

As far as I understand, both sides of Congress stuck to their positions in discussions with Azad. So It is back to SKC solutions for Congress.
UT is solution but that means compromise on both sides.

My speculation is they are going to come and say they can't solve the stalemate so they are going to have comprehensive SRC nation-wide. (hint from Azad statement that goes like we're done with State leaders. we're going to discuss with nation-wide leaders)

Best solution is to follow the same formula the was used for dividing last 3 states - cut some area out of AP and make it as some state and don't even name it Telangana and have them form new Capital just like other 3 states did. This can pass both Assembly and Parliament resolutions as it is not outside of the norm. Government can give the warring faction option of either this or United AP.
Dasari
BRFite

Post by Dasari »

muppala wrote:Greater Hyd as UT is all over the newspapers here in Hyd though it is a speculation. In my personal opinion any T-leader or T-group that accepts this as formula should not be tolerated. Acceptance of this formula of T with probable Warangal as Capital and leaving HYD is absolute disaster for T.
This is absolute contradiction with what we are made to believe until now. This is all about sentiment and self rule to T, free from the influence of people of Andhra. Let us not mix development aspects. Vexed with same problem, the people of andhra once chose own state over a city. That is the spirit of true separatist movement, free from any hidden agenda. There are 30-40 million so called settlers in greater Hyderabad area influencing about 25 seats.These settlers as well as muslims in old city may also want self rule free from the influence of T. Don't they have the same right?

The creation of UT or any formula to expel Andhra from AP (Hyderabad) is a disaster from Andhra. Did anybody worry about this? What crime they did? Perhaps that is the better question to ask as this is something being forced on them.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Just now returned from Hyderabad. From what I have seen there is no effect of bundh within the City. Main problem faced by people is lack of city buses and power cuts. City is no longer a national and international investment destination. Huge amount of extortion is going on all around and no one want to speak about it. Spoken with some one close to the top and some top level people handling security matters are going to retire and expressed there intention not be continue. So if there is no decision ( which seems to be course congress hinting at) till December we may have new set up as for as IB and intelligence people in the state.

Congress Delhi leadership seems to delink the present agitation with statehood demand and informed the employee leaders that they have no business to agitate on political demands. Government staff who went on agitation are not being paid salaries. Osmania University staff also no salaries. High Court seems to have told the state government to implement " no work no pay" rule. some 70% of the staff has no salaries for this month. How long the staff agitation will continue in these conditions we do not know. Fresh train stoppages for 3 days next week planned.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

I agree with Muppala garu. If T has to be formed then it must include Hyderabad. Hyderabad as UT is a big loss to all telugus as source of economic and political influence.

My personal preference is keeping the state united while creating regional councils for the backward regions (north Telangana, Rayalaseema and North Andhra) and give them dedicated budgets and dedicated water share in Andhra river systems. Let these councils decide what water and development projects they want to develop with their dedicated funds.

The general public amenities like education, primary health care, municipal services, electricity etc can be coordinated by state budget.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Satya_anveshi wrote:Muppala garu,

are you trying to be mischievious here by spreading ideas that don't seem to be mainstream:

here is what I gather from news:

Will not compromise on Hyderabad, says KCR
why should I be mischievious on a serious topic? I exactly wrote what I read in Andhra Jyothi. Hyd as UT is being freely peddled.

KCR saying something is not what I will believe because he changes versions and also peddles a lot of his own versions.

MIM is worried for a different reason though it will actually stop the center from going ahead with UT bs. If an NDA government comes Lt. governor will be appointed by them and it could be someone like SN Sinha etc., who can go after the sleeper cells.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

MIM's hand is murky b/c nobody dares touch its share of the pie. somebody somewhere needs to shake MIM network up a little bit. that's when MIM's true motives and its strategy will become clear. I am wondering if there are forces working on this?
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

^ Devesh garu,

MIM's strength comes from it's ability to mobilize Muslim votes., even in favor of a Hindu candidate of a different party. Their (more than deserved) influence comes from this fact. Please check all the constituencies where Muslim population is 3-10% of voters and MiM is a force there. That is the reason why they prefer united AP.

Muppala garu, would it be possible to share your data on AP constituencies that you collected over time? Can you pls email me?
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

RamaY wrote:
Muppala garu, would it be possible to share your data on AP constituencies that you collected over time? Can you pls email me?
Sure, when I get back from vacation as my data is on my personal computer. Posting to BR from IPAD is very difficult as the text area of the post does not even get a scroll bar.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

Muppalla wrote:why should I be mischievious on a serious topic? I exactly wrote what I read in Andhra Jyothi. Hyd as UT is being freely peddled.
Hi Muppala garu,

Don't get me wrong. when I read your post, I tried to google it to see if I find any such reporting but I could see the latest take from KCR not only contradicting but saying it as non-negotiable.

I must also admit that I found you to be a lone participant from Andhra camp besides me ofcourse :mrgreen: in trying to be fair and just in proposing solutions. I really don't know if I should call you from Andhra camp at all similar to a lot of other participants here who may have spent better part of their lives in Telangana so logically they are as Telanganites as I am :mrgreen:

At the root of the UT proposal and why it is liked by some Andhrites is the negotiating priniciple we are only too familiar with:
[*]What is mine is mine and what is yours is negotiable.

There is also a related priniciple which again makes it attractive to certain Andhra elements is:
[*]If I can't get something, I will do everything in my power to ensure you don't get either. Or Given my defeat, I will ensure you don't win either

The UT solution you have noted from AJ newspaper is definitely mischievous which as I commented, a) does not fix anything b) punishes the aggrieved party c) complicates the problem
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

Muppalla wrote:Sure, when I get back from vacation as my data is on my personal computer. Posting to BR from IPAD is very difficult as the text area of the post does not even get a scroll bar.
Hear Hear :) . Moi grabbed an HP Touchpad in recent firesale. Extremely good gadget if you are just reading or even just typing. But quoting posts in BR and linking etc gets quite irksome.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

devesh wrote:MIM's hand is murky b/c nobody dares touch its share of the pie. somebody somewhere needs to shake MIM network up a little bit. that's when MIM's true motives and its strategy will become clear. I am wondering if there are forces working on this?
Devesh,

Regarding MIM...let's put ourselves in their shoes and see what they can do /should do / will do (vs cannot/should not/will not).

they are going to be where they are in Hyd with not so insignificant influence in some districts of AP. With or without current issues that is not changing.
[*]Will it be beneficial to them if they side with Telangana - I think they understand they do because of increased *relative* clout in the new state. But should they come out in the open to say they would like this division? - IMO they are being cautious for there is no dearth of people blaming them that they are divisionary forces hell bent on breaking up nation.
Some participants here who quote MIM today for their indecisiveness will be up in the arms and join paki-hindu-party aka BJP.

So long BJP is not taking sole credit of this breakup, they should/can/will join Telangana albeit with reserved comments. This is on the strategic side.

[*]Tactically if they are uncertain of the actual results, it is in their benefit to continue to build bridges across to the Andhrite camp and milk as much as they can. This is what resulted in the 5% reservation that YSR stated with and i believe has been instituted, which is an additional explanation of their reservedness. Think of what other gains they will have being with United camp..zilch. Regardless of what some here tout.

If they got their 5% already now all the more reason to join Telangana camp because they are in heads I win and tails I won't lose either situation.
Sarma
BRFite

Post by Sarma »

Well this argument that the wicked "Andhra" people are resorting to the tactic "What is mine is mine and what is yours is also mine" does not stand up to mathematical logic.

Hyderabad became a world-class city (international airport, big universities, ORR, etc.) with taxpayer money from every part of AP. So, every citizen of AP has a right to the capital city of AP.

The counter argument is "I will develop my house with my money and your money, but all claims to the house are mine only."

Muppalla garu, you do insightful analysis, but most often are wrong in predicting outcomes. You did the same with predicting BJP victory in 2009 general elections.

I think all of us should realize a few things:

(1) A full-fledged Telangana state is NOT going to be formed.
(2) Hyderabad will remain the capital of a united AP.
(3) Some sort of self-governance arrangement will be worked out for Telangana.

This is all that's going to happen.

I will, however, say that it is the responsibility of the citizens and leaders of the non-Telangana regions of AP to make a proactive effort in healing the wounds of Telangana brothers and sisters. In times like this, logic is not going to work. One has to be patient, make extra efforts to understand the pain being felt by the party that feels it is aggrieved, may be wrongly, and slowly work to heal the wounds.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Quite a few aspects of T-agitation are very Indic. I am Impressed with their focus on culture (pls note that they do not have any different culture, but focus more on culture). They plan to conduct t-agitations at Jammi-chattu (semi-vriksha - the tree where Pandavas stored their weapons before going to ajnatavasam. It is our tradition to worship semi-vruksham, every village used to have them, on vijayadashami) on 6th.

Bravo!
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

:idea:
It struck me earlier as to why shri duggal may find it necessary to quote some rubbish in the SKC report on which I expressed my frustration here:
“In ages long past a great son of India, the Buddha, said that the only real victory was one in which all were equally victorious and there was defeat for no one. In the world today that is the only practical victory; any other way will lead to disaster”. Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru speaking on „Disputes and Discord‟ in the United Nations General Assembly on October 3, 1960
Satya_anveshi wrote:There is also a related priniciple which again makes it attractive to certain Andhra elements is:
[*]If I can't get something, I will do everything in my power to ensure you don't get either. Or Given my defeat, I will ensure you don't win either
QED.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Satya_anveshi wrote:There is also a related priniciple which again makes it attractive to certain Andhra elements is:
That is Asuric approach irrespective of who proposes it.

Why don't you propose a solution where everyone wins.
Naidu
BRFite

Post by Naidu »

Telangana without Hyderabad as its capital == Epic fail!
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

RamaY wrote:Why don't you propose a solution where everyone wins.
RamaY Garu,

What constitutes a *win* for Andhrites *given* that Telanganas wants to break out of the alliance for in large part real grievances in addition to some perceived ones.

Further who are these Andhrites we should consider:
[1]Those who are in Hyd/and rest of Telangana
[2]Those who are still leading their joyful life backhome in Andhra with similar problems as everyone else in India.

*Andhra* folks in Hyd (and elsewhere in Telangana): We should recognize that the primary resistance is coming from these folks in large parts and are being extermely unreasonable towards Telanganas.
These folks have been in Telangana for quite some time grown, prospered, integrated to a fault by Telanganas into there own. You would probably recognize that where you have andhrite concentrations in parts of Hyd/or overall Telangana were voluntary formations themselves with/without any external impetus. Further over the years these families have integrated with those of Telanganas. As I keep mentioning Telanganas have far more diversity than any other part of AP so we should spare them from being given lessons in *inclusivity*. The issues are that of governance.

Concerns (perceived and real) of these folks should be met in so far as their interests be current and future safeguarded in Telangana by ensuring no laws can be passed that make these folks targets. All growth initiatives will continue and given further impetus. This is a WIN for these folks.

Folks living backhome in Andhra and facing everyday issues as everyone else in India can't be more happier if they can play better role in governance and if it becomes approachable. All the negative synergies in the bureaucracy will mean humongous job growth (as it is proving from current global turmoil - jobs are the #1 factor in growing/sustain local economies), new power centers, localised issues getting more focused and in general they will be able to carve out a destiny of their choice with less distraction (overall the same benefits as telangana would get). THIS IS A WIN for these folks.

I can't imagine how this news can be bad for the Andhites living backhome. There are some uber jihadis who fear phantom issues of water being in someone else's control, or power related resources are in someone else's control etc. All these are phantom issues because the more we become market driven these issues will come to pass.

But the real unsaid issue that Seemandhra fail to bring up is how they split power/capital etc between Rayalaseema and Coastal Andhras. This hidden fear/concern is what overshadows reaching an obvious agreement on Telangana - this is being unfair to Telanganas.

IMO, first of all, a)capital has to be in Coastal Andhra perferable in the heartland of Krishna dist which can be reached by all even though northern districts will still be far. b) resources to establish capital is minuscule relative to the growth this will spur, growth that is ammased in the region, and what ever additional is needed can be raised from capital markets.

Telanganas ofcourse want nothing but what is Telangana at the merger and be left to themselves to carve a destiny of their choice with less distraction. THIS IS A WIN for these folks.
Last edited by Satya_anveshi on 03 Oct 2011 03:37, edited 2 times in total.
Dasari
BRFite

Post by Dasari »

Naidu wrote:Telangana without Hyderabad as its capital == Epic fail!
It is failure either way. 'vinash kaale vipareetha buddhi.., When they dig their own grave, what can we do?
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Satya-anveshi garu,

1. What additional problems/issues Telangana telugus have that are not common to other regions in Bharat?

2. How fast do you think they can utilize their share of river waters? Do you think that would anyway affect the water allocation to already existing projects? What are the expected costs?

3. Assuming Hyd is part of new Tstate and the 5-50L telugus already settled there remain there; what would be the change in situation (as far as Hydearabad city is concerned) from an average Telangana Telugu perspective, The only exception being 100% access to Hyderabad revenues (30k crore?)? How do you envision to control the flow of other telugus (non-telugus were never a problem) given their relatives in Hyderabad and the education and employment opportunities offered there!

4. How all these problems cannot be addressed by demanding
- only Telangana CM for 10 years (so projects completion is achieved without distraction) on the condition that a separate Tstate is imminent if Telangana development is hindered by non-Telangana politicians.
- regional councils for the three backward regions with assured budget allocaitons and water resources
Naidu
BRFite

Post by Naidu »

I disagree, Dasari garu. Not all the digging is for graves, some of it can be for building foundations as well.

The formation of a separate Telangana with Hyd can still be a failure, but it is not a given. But a Telangana without Hyd, ensures failure. And failed a Telangana, let me assure, will be no victory for others.

The most troubling aspect of all this affair is the all around poor political leadership involved - in AP and in Delhi. The current state of affairs is such that the stalemate (or a delayed decision) is going to make as much economic damage as any decision.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

^ good point.

We want the success of all telugus. If that can be done by staying together, then that is preferable. We should want the separate T (if that happens) successful, even if it means that all their allegations are true. We do not want any part of india to be backward.

A strong Bharat is a good thing for the world.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Known INC symtahizer Deccan chronicle attempts to further muddy the waters...

TD looks to BJP for T strategy
The BJP is formulating its own plan for pushing for the creation of Telangana in the days to come, which includes accommodating disgruntled leaders from other parties. According to sources in the party, the BJP is not happy that the way the present agitation is shaping up, especially the attacks on public property and on public representatives. A top source in the party has confirmed that Telugu Desam leaders from the Telangana region have established contact with the BJP. These senior leaders are not happy with the attitude of TRS chief, Mr K. Chandrasekhar Rao, nor are they in favour of the two-eyed theory of their own leader Mr Chandrababu Naidu, and find the BJP a credible alternative in Telangana, especially in North Telangana.

A senior TD legislator from Warangal has confirmed this latest thinking on the part of some party leaders of joining hands with the BJP. “It is very clear that the Congress is not going to concede Telangana state. We cannot go and stand in front of Mr Rao for obvious reasons. We cannot remain in the TD also, because of the ambiguous stand on Telangana. The BJP enjoys a certain credibility and respectability in the region, so we may join it in days to come,” the TD legislator told this newspaper.
It may recalled that after the Million March agitation on March 10 this year, the BJP had tendered an unconditional apology to the people for the vandalism that took place on the Tank Bund, much to the annoyance of the Telangana political joint action committee. The BJP is also against blaming people of the Seemandhra regions for the problems of Telangana like the TRS and the TJAC do. The BJP has also planned to start a “Jai Andhra” agitation simultaneously to gain support from the other region too. A BJP leader revealed that if the Sakala janula Samme turns violent, the BJP will leave the JAC.
Wow. And I have to read about BJP's unconditional apology from an INC mouthpiece at that...talk about BJP's PR skills being negative only...
The latest surveys conducted by the BJP reveal that the party is gaining popularity and the thinking is that a separate Telangana state can only be achieved by a party with a national presence. In order to give its stature in the region a boost, sources said the BJP is seriously considering fielding national Opposition leader Ms Sushma Swaraj from a key Lok Sabha constituency in Telangana like Karimnagar, Mahaboobnagar or Bhongiri. Party senior leader L. K. Advani's proposed rath yatra against corruption is also planned to go through only the Telangana region in the State.
Well, inroads into T for BJP would be nothing short of a major coup, not quite on par with the storming of bengaluru but one that cannot be dismissed easily. Perhaps. Time will tell and all that. Of course.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

RamaY wrote: 1. What additional problems/issues Telangana telugus have that are not common to other regions in Bharat?

2. How fast do you think they can utilize their share of river waters? Do you think that would anyway affect the water allocation to already existing projects? What are the expected costs?

3. Assuming Hyd is part of new Tstate and the 5-50L telugus already settled there remain there; what would be the change in situation (as far as Hydearabad city is concerned) from an average Telangana Telugu perspective, The only exception being 100% access to Hyderabad revenues (30k crore?)? How do you envision to control the flow of other telugus (non-telugus were never a problem) given their relatives in Hyderabad and the education and employment opportunities offered there!

4. How all these problems cannot be addressed by demanding
- only Telangana CM for 10 years (so projects completion is achieved without distraction) on the condition that a separate Tstate is imminent if Telangana development is hindered by non-Telangana politicians.
- regional councils for the three backward regions with assured budget allocaitons and water resources
RamaY garu,

1. First thing to do is getting off the "Telugu" train. The security of language has nothing to do with Telangana/Andhra. If only it will grow manifold within two different entities.
2. no frigging clue but phantom issues should not bug us so much that we lose perspective
3. Whoever has domicile proof in current Telangana are Telanganites. Period. Current regional allocation of jobs can be abolished. Just as all st jobs in new capital of Andhra go to folks with domicile proof of new Andhra, same way all new st jobs of Telangana will go to those domiciled in Telangana. Other related questions become moot.
4. because of already being there and getting here - those have been *proved* unworkable. As Einstein said "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different result is insanity". Gentlemen's agreement mentioned of CM /Dy.CM from the each region and 2 out of 5 bigger minitries to Telangana; it didn't work then will not work now.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Whether we ar in one state or ten we are Telugus. You didn't answer my question though.

I thought water and development are the key reasons for T-state demand.

How many govt jobs will bi in T state? 5 Lakhs, 10 Lakhs? Would it be enough for 4 crore Telangana population? How can deny others from private sector?

How do you ensure proper representation of more backward north Telangana regions?
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

I notice the switch in your first question about water and now this follow up question about "water and development".
when you talk about employment opportunities within the context of telangana/andhra, my obvious take was on st jobs. Private sector has to play within the state govt fiscal/economic policies which will result out of state's political dynamics. Are you seriously expecting me to comment on that? :D I would have a great answer if I was in contention for that top post :lol:
Likewise, are to as talk about teh economic/fiscal policies of new Andhra state from this perspective.

"proper representation" comes from Einstein's theory of relativity :rotfl: 1/20=0.05; 1/10=0.1; 0.1>0.05. When those folks :(( , it will be heard loud and clear and without having to deal with these type of mofos
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

>>>You didn't answer my question though

Unfortunately we are go round and round - your question is problems faced by "telugu" people compared to "all others in India". Is this a fair compare? Problems faced by Telanganites vs other parts is a fair compare but may satisfy you the answer. As mentioned earlier, Telangana (along with few other regions) are a different kettle of fish due to history. Their interests/rights are *supposed* to be safeguarded in failure of which now they are wanting to take control of safeguarding.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

I understand you are here only for rhetoric. Fair enough.

If you want a state just because you want it and for no logical reasons there is a fair chance that you will be manipulated politically. Then your whole objective could get compromised.

How is Telangana history different from others? Kindly give some insight.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

RamaY wrote:I understand you are here only for rhetoric. Fair enough.
:eek:
My mistake..I took you seriously thinking you will heed after this message to you
Dasari
BRFite

Post by Dasari »

If you want a state just because you want it and for no logical reasons there is a fair chance that you will be manipulated politically. Then your whole objective could get compromised.

How is Telangana history different from others? Kindly give some insight.
You are expecting too much from T-vadam. Vitandavadam and moorkhatwam are the main traits of t-vadam.

Starting from 2004 elections strategy, beating seemingly unbeatable TDP, to Decmber 9th announcement to cut Jagan force into half, central govt played with T sentiment to meet their political ends. Every time their political fortunes are impacted, they create a sense of urgency and pretend as if they are acting to avert some disaster. On the other hand, if the delaying tactics are effecting TDP or BJP, they take laid back approach. The right thing for central govt to do is to ignore it. As Narayana Rao Garu said in the earlier post, people of AP can handle this. If Congress puts the interests of the people, not their future election prospects and stay out of this, things will come back o normal.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Satya_anveshi wrote:
:eek:
My mistake..I took you seriously thinking you will heed after this message to you
My bad, I didn't see that post. Have fun brother!
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

Hari Seldon ji,

the fact that BJP's supposed inroads into T "news" is coming from INC mouthpiece should be a note of caution. situation in T is fluid, and the direction of T only needs a slight push in the right direction to give forces like BJP a solid footing in the area. but 2014 could be too early. I have no idea if BJP is actively scouting the areas and recruiting workers and activists. the foundation of long term renewal could already be happening in several areas in AP. but presently everything is chaos. so I would wait and watch carefully.

I think BJP is also doing the same. Their first step into open "presence" on a significant scale in AP has to be successful. if they fail, it will set them back for a long time. better to slowly build strength than to fall for INC propaganda.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Hari Seldon wrote:
It may recalled that after the Million March agitation on March 10 this year, the BJP had tendered an unconditional apology to the people for the vandalism that took place on the Tank Bund, much to the annoyance of the Telangana political joint action committee. The BJP is also against blaming people of the Seemandhra regions for the problems of Telangana like the TRS and the TJAC do. The BJP has also planned to start a “Jai Andhra” agitation simultaneously to gain support from the other region too. A BJP leader revealed that if the Sakala janula Samme turns violent, the BJP will leave the JAC.
Wow. And I have to read about BJP's unconditional apology from an INC mouthpiece at that...talk about BJP's PR skills being negative only...
Doing all misdeeds and tendering apology won't fly. Even after that BJP continued with TRS and associated itself with all the subsequent abuses TRS/KCR spouted. (interesting to observe is KCR relatives of BJP are regular attendees with TRS in all events but Kishan Reddy is rarely seen. I wonder why?. Chennameneni uses abusive language and Kishan Reddy apologizes)

Nobody in non-T believe in BJP. BJP has been trying to do "Jai Andhra" but it never got 0.0001% of support. They could have played better role if they kept themselves at distance even if they continue to support T-cause in principle. BJP fell well in the trap of Congress and it will have a lot of financing in elections against it. Gap between it and TDP has widened. If it starts getting TDP members also, it is end of support to BJP from TDP, which is only anti-Congress regional party in India.

Of course, both Central parties did awful job and can't be trusted with any meaningful solution. Congress still has ways to bounce back but BJP doesn't as it did generational mistake in AP.
The latest surveys conducted by the BJP reveal that the party is gaining popularity and the thinking is that a separate Telangana state can only be achieved by a party with a national presence. In order to give its stature in the region a boost, sources said the BJP is seriously considering fielding national Opposition leader Ms Sushma Swaraj from a key Lok Sabha constituency in Telangana like Karimnagar, Mahaboobnagar or Bhongiri. Party senior leader L. K. Advani's proposed rath yatra against corruption is also planned to go through only the Telangana region in the State.
Well, inroads into T for BJP would be nothing short of a major coup, not quite on par with the storming of bengaluru but one that cannot be dismissed easily. Perhaps. Time will tell and all that. Of course.
They did a lot of meetings in Telangana and this new yatra is less likely to be any more new boost for it. From loose party like TRS can ditch them any time should TRS find alternatives and Congress directs it to do so. (observer comments with respect to MIM). I don't see much revival except for a few more seats and those too at the expense of future seats and support from TDP.
Last edited by ShyamSP on 03 Oct 2011 08:30, edited 1 time in total.