Telangana Monitor

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
devesh
BRF Oldie
Posts: 5128
Joined: 17 Feb 2011 03:27

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby devesh » 28 Nov 2011 10:06

apparently the founder editors are Raj and Romesh Thapar. any relation to Romila Thapar? if so, then the tilt and background of the organization are clear...

kmkraoind
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3908
Joined: 27 Jun 2008 00:24

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby kmkraoind » 28 Nov 2011 10:10

Narayana Rao wrote:There is a widely held belief in AP that YSR is in fact died as he tried to encroch on Sacred mountains and his death was a result of this. There was a meeting some years back wherein it was said that anti indian forces divided our nation into areas wherein difforent sets of forces will work to weaken the nation. South said to have maked for EJ activities. The agitaion agiainst the Nuclear Power plant in Tamil Nadu is being spear headed by EJ and Vatican leadership. I had been to North TN twice in the last month. Most of the main road side places are EJ and when I visited Kerala I could hardly find a temple. During Islamic attacks South held the Indic value together as north fought the invaders. Now may be the fight is in South.


Once YSR regained his second term, I thought he is invincible with complete state power in his hands and at the center, and abundant money power too, but god is great. When I heard YSR death in a helicopter crash, the Telugu say that came to my mind was "Nooru godalanu thinna raabandhu, okka galivaanaku sari." YSR regime is a complete disaster for the secularism. His Brahmin converted son-in-law was at full vigor with healing sabhas, traveling in helicopters and wooing with poor people with money and others. After Rajareddy's death, YSR clan has been extra cautious in security matters to save their lives. Yet the perfect helicopter in perfect weather crashed, further strengthening my belief in dharma. Some things are hard to explain logically and scientifically. Slightly OT.

devesh
BRF Oldie
Posts: 5128
Joined: 17 Feb 2011 03:27

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby devesh » 28 Nov 2011 20:08

yup....same reaction from me. I was glad. I thought surely some force some where was holding up its "abhaya hasta" for the sake of Bharatiya Dharma and Sanskriti....

Aditya_V
BRF Oldie
Posts: 11309
Joined: 05 Apr 2006 16:25

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby Aditya_V » 28 Nov 2011 20:37

kmkraoind wrote:
Narayana Rao wrote:There is a widely held belief in AP that YSR is in fact died as he tried to encroch on Sacred mountains and his death was a result of this. There was a meeting some years back wherein it was said that anti indian forces divided our nation into areas wherein difforent sets of forces will work to weaken the nation. South said to have maked for EJ activities. The agitaion agiainst the Nuclear Power plant in Tamil Nadu is being spear headed by EJ and Vatican leadership. I had been to North TN twice in the last month. Most of the main road side places are EJ and when I visited Kerala I could hardly find a temple. During Islamic attacks South held the Indic value together as north fought the invaders. Now may be the fight is in South.


Once YSR regained his second term, I thought he is invincible with complete state power in his hands and at the center, and abundant money power too, but god is great. When I heard YSR death in a helicopter crash, the Telugu say that came to my mind was "Nooru godalanu thinna raabandhu, okka galivaanaku sari." YSR regime is a complete disaster for the secularism. His Brahmin converted son-in-law was at full vigor with healing sabhas, traveling in helicopters and wooing with poor people with money and others. After Rajareddy's death, YSR clan has been extra cautious in security matters to save their lives. Yet the perfect helicopter in perfect weather crashed, further strengthening my belief in dharma. Some things are hard to explain logically and scientifically. Slightly OT.



It was heavy monsoon whether and YSR ignored advise not to Travel that day, visibility was very low. Lets not bring God into this.

devesh
BRF Oldie
Posts: 5128
Joined: 17 Feb 2011 03:27

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby devesh » 28 Nov 2011 21:16

^^^
I'm not bringing in God. but YSR's death has good nuisance value on anybody who tries to follow in his footsteps. the very next day after he died, he was supposed to formally permit Missionaries to have churches on Tirumala hills. it's like the guy in Kerala who got the seals removed for the underground cellar in Ananta Padmanabha Swamy Temple.

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 53475
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby ramana » 28 Nov 2011 21:29

No more YSR death discussion. We had a 23 page thread at that time.

Yagnasri
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9554
Joined: 29 May 2007 18:03

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby Yagnasri » 28 Nov 2011 21:55

AP Assembly Speaker Mr Nadendla Manohar has accepted the resignations of 4 MLA's who shifted their political party and joined other party and submitted their resignations both to the MLA seat and their party. some 60lus resignations were rejected. Koda Surekha ( Very close YSR supported from Warangal) and one more resignation was not decided. So the message is clear. If you leave congress or TDP you will lose you MLA seat and has to contest elections. You may win on T sentiment but you have to contest against at least congress. So lot of money is to spent by TRS and people joining it will have to spend. Some fear now is created.
Last edited by Yagnasri on 28 Nov 2011 21:58, edited 1 time in total.

Yagnasri
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9554
Joined: 29 May 2007 18:03

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby Yagnasri » 28 Nov 2011 21:56

Next round of T agitation is likly to be around the corner in the way of Bandh call due to extermination of Kishan"ji" during first week of December. Have seen Gaddar on TV and that fraude " singer" Gaddar is telling people that that he was killed because of his support of Telangana. How stupid these over ground naxals think we are all? He called for Telangana people to agitate for Telangana to honor for the sake this person. I say you can not put a bigger spin that that. This fellow goes into WB and Assam and does all kinds of things and gets killed after firing some 1000 rounds on police and para mil forces and we honor such person with MP's, MLA's and who is who of Telangana agitation attends his funaral? Does these fellows have any sense what kind of image and message they are sending to Delhi? As time passes and the naxal involvement becomes more and more prononced the chances of Telangana is becomming small. I do not think they realize that or may be they do not care for statehood and only are interested present haftha vasuli activities.
Last edited by Yagnasri on 28 Nov 2011 22:33, edited 2 times in total.

devesh
BRF Oldie
Posts: 5128
Joined: 17 Feb 2011 03:27

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby devesh » 28 Nov 2011 21:59

my own post on "red menace":

I'll tell you from personal experience that one of the things that T people most liked about TDP, including NTR, was the fact that they were tough on Naxals. I have seen this sentiment repeated time and again by auto-rickshaw wallahs to rich business guys. they are happy that TDP generally was tough and ruthless with Naxals. Alimineti Madhava Reddy, before he was killed by Naxals, had such a strong support in Telangana, partly b/c people believed him to be ruthless with the Naxals. they admired him for it. he was killed by Naxals in 1999. he was considered the right hand man of CBN. someone who had the political will and wits to gain and keep alliances and who was generally very well received by all sections. he was the epitome of a T-elite whose ideology was supportive of TDP and staunchly against INC.



I wish I was old enough to be interested in this stuff back in '99. AMR's killing was the point of divergence, IMO. his death started the unraveling of TDP >> the slow divergence of disgruntled T elites in TDP >> YSR laying the foundation of his future empire >> propping up KCR.

in hindsight, it is amazing that Naxals could kill a Home Minister of a state which is supposed to have one of the most extensive police/intelligence/paramilitary muscles in the country. 12 years later, it seems as if there were elements inside the apparatus which were happy to collude with interested parties to bring his end. his elimination was the first shot fired. that is when the war inside AP started. after his death, Devender Goud was the other T-man who took up his place. he was also considered to be powerful, but no match for Madhava.

the present chaos in AP has its seeds in the killing of AMR 12 years ago. I have finally reached this conclusion after long thinking. the pieces of the puzzle really start coming together once we realize that AMR's death had 2 effects: TDP lost its pillar in T-areas and consequently TDP lost the "compass" in this region; and secondly, the power vacuum was taken up by "second rung" (back then) leaders who had strong connections with the "dora" mentality (therefore easy to manipulate with temptations to reestablish their old "status").

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 53475
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby ramana » 28 Nov 2011 22:02

Narayana Rao, Please dont denigrate the dead. So edit your ephitets.

ramana

Yagnasri
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9554
Joined: 29 May 2007 18:03

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby Yagnasri » 28 Nov 2011 22:49

Done sir. But have you followed what this person was doing in West Bengal. How his group was killing people? As for as not denigrating the dead sir, with due respect when a person belong to a group which beat up people to death before their family and kids parents etc just because they suspect them to be informers of police you can not espect any honor and civilized conduct towards them - dead or alive. But one way you are right also that we should not lose our temper and degrade our self like this.

It pains to see how people from AP are leading what is the most evil gang of criminals and anti nationals in the nation today.

Muppalla
BRF Oldie
Posts: 7082
Joined: 12 Jun 1999 11:31

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby Muppalla » 28 Nov 2011 23:34

devesh wrote:my own post on "red menace":

I'll tell you from personal experience that one of the things that T people most liked about TDP, including NTR, was the fact that they were tough on Naxals. I have seen this sentiment repeated time and again by auto-rickshaw wallahs to rich business guys. they are happy that TDP generally was tough and ruthless with Naxals. Alimineti Madhava Reddy, before he was killed by Naxals, had such a strong support in Telangana, partly b/c people believed him to be ruthless with the Naxals. they admired him for it. he was killed by Naxals in 1999. he was considered the right hand man of CBN. someone who had the political will and wits to gain and keep alliances and who was generally very well received by all sections. he was the epitome of a T-elite whose ideology was supportive of TDP and staunchly against INC.



I wish I was old enough to be interested in this stuff back in '99. AMR's killing was the point of divergence, IMO. his death started the unraveling of TDP >> the slow divergence of disgruntled T elites in TDP >> YSR laying the foundation of his future empire >> propping up KCR.

in hindsight, it is amazing that Naxals could kill a Home Minister of a state which is supposed to have one of the most extensive police/intelligence/paramilitary muscles in the country. 12 years later, it seems as if there were elements inside the apparatus which were happy to collude with interested parties to bring his end. his elimination was the first shot fired. that is when the war inside AP started. after his death, Devender Goud was the other T-man who took up his place. he was also considered to be powerful, but no match for Madhava.

the present chaos in AP has its seeds in the killing of AMR 12 years ago. I have finally reached this conclusion after long thinking. the pieces of the puzzle really start coming together once we realize that AMR's death had 2 effects: TDP lost its pillar in T-areas and consequently TDP lost the "compass" in this region; and secondly, the power vacuum was taken up by "second rung" (back then) leaders who had strong connections with the "dora" mentality (therefore easy to manipulate with temptations to reestablish their old "status").


Good post. I never realized the importance of this event.

skaranam
BRFite
Posts: 286
Joined: 18 Feb 2006 07:11
Location: Bharat

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby skaranam » 29 Nov 2011 10:44

Narayana Rao wrote:Next round of T agitation is likly to be around the corner in the way of Bandh call due to extermination of Kishan"ji" during first week of December. Have seen Gaddar on TV and that fraude " singer" Gaddar is telling people that that he was killed because of his support of Telangana. How stupid these over ground naxals think we are all? He called for Telangana people to agitate for Telangana to honor for the sake this person. I say you can not put a bigger spin that that. This fellow goes into WB and Assam and does all kinds of things and gets killed after firing some 1000 rounds on police and para mil forces and we honor such person with MP's, MLA's and who is who of Telangana agitation attends his funaral? Does these fellows have any sense what kind of image and message they are sending to Delhi? As time passes and the naxal involvement becomes more and more prononced the chances of Telangana is becomming small. I do not think they realize that or may be they do not care for statehood and only are interested present haftha vasuli activities.


These MLAs & MPs are looking for short term gains. Now-a-days, a gathering around a funeral cannot be construed as a vote bank. They are making the 8th Chapter of SKC true. They know Congress will make a move only in 2014 (direction unknown)...until then keep it simmering.

johneeG
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3473
Joined: 01 Jun 2009 12:47

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby johneeG » 29 Nov 2011 16:41

ramana wrote:No more YSR death discussion. We had a 23 page thread at that time.

Sir,
Could you please briefly summarise the conclusions of that discussion?

Yagnasri
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9554
Joined: 29 May 2007 18:03

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby Yagnasri » 29 Nov 2011 20:07

It would be difficult for any one person to do so Guruji. Better you read it all. Comming to AMR - Some time back I had a discussion with a police official who has access to top level anti naxal information. According to him even CBN was afraid of AMR. He also said the role of people in power in the death of AMR can not be ruled out.

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 53475
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby ramana » 29 Nov 2011 20:31

johneeG wrote:
ramana wrote:No more YSR death discussion. We had a 23 page thread at that time.

Sir,
Could you please briefly summarise the conclusions of that discussion?


You kidding right. You want a 23 page precis? Maybe I should assign you that to get you to understand the enormity of it!

johneeG
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3473
Joined: 01 Jun 2009 12:47

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby johneeG » 29 Nov 2011 20:46

Ramana & Narayana,
just wanted a 5 line summary. I thought you guys participated in it and could broadly remember it.

Maybe my request was too demanding. Anyway, forget it.

Narayana garu,
what/who is AMR?

devesh
BRF Oldie
Posts: 5128
Joined: 17 Feb 2011 03:27

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby devesh » 29 Nov 2011 20:49

JohneeG bhai,

AMR first mentioned in my post above. AMR == Alimineti Madhava Reddy

johneeG
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3473
Joined: 01 Jun 2009 12:47

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby johneeG » 29 Nov 2011 20:55

Oh, thanks, Devesh Anna. :mrgreen:

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 53475
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby ramana » 29 Nov 2011 20:58

JohneeG, here is the link to teh thread:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5159

It has ~900 posts and 4800 views. So its not possible for a five line precis.

RamaY
BRF Oldie
Posts: 17249
Joined: 10 Aug 2006 21:11
Location: http://bharata-bhuti.blogspot.com/

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby RamaY » 29 Nov 2011 21:25

Going thru that thread is like time travel :)

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 53475
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby ramana » 30 Nov 2011 00:58

^^^ The most hilarious and sarcastic interjections are by John Snowgaru!

SwamyG
BRF Oldie
Posts: 16102
Joined: 11 Apr 2007 09:22

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby SwamyG » 30 Nov 2011 03:22

^^^
ramana garu: Will he return?

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 53475
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby ramana » 30 Nov 2011 03:25

I dont know.

Also if we made that theread the first post of this thread then we understand this issue quite well. YSR demise(Sept 2-3 '09) lead to the T demand from KCR(Dec 09). The fear was rise of TDP with no one to check them.

vnadendla
BRFite
Posts: 132
Joined: 09 Mar 2006 00:40
Location: USA

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby vnadendla » 30 Nov 2011 03:32

ramana wrote:I dont know.

Also if we made that theread the first post of this thread then we understand this issue quite well. YSR demise(Sept 2-3 '09) lead to the T demand from KCR(Dec 09). The fear was rise of TDP with no one to check them.


This is why we need to develop institutions not leaders. Its true for India, for AP or for congress party. This can only be done when a person's grip on power is limited - term limits and probably skip generation (or 2) rule for political dynasties. Its not fair to those individuals but the collective good should outweigh that.

Yagnasri
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9554
Joined: 29 May 2007 18:03

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby Yagnasri » 01 Dec 2011 02:10

Your humble is offered Head - Legal post by a reputed Indian Bank today. May be I take. Will have less salary and more work.

Entire political power is in the hands of some 600 families in India. This got to brake. Limiting terms and barring people of the same family to contest for at least 100 years is a must. There is no right to contest elections as per indian constitution. Even under Roman law you need to have 10 years gap between one counselship to another. When they have stopped that practice and elected Gius Marius for 7 times that was start of the end of the republic.

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 53475
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby ramana » 01 Dec 2011 02:13

I see you were good at Roman law in your college!

Good luck in your new job.

Yagnasri
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9554
Joined: 29 May 2007 18:03

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby Yagnasri » 02 Dec 2011 20:17

An Iconic song in the link. Many of the old generation Telugu people whould have heard it. But I doubt some one has record of the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVYKrO-mqps

Muppalla
BRF Oldie
Posts: 7082
Joined: 12 Jun 1999 11:31

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby Muppalla » 05 Dec 2011 22:04

In about an hour or two, there will be voting related no confidence motion in AP assembly. The congress party is not having a great majority. However, these are few moments that T-MLAs have to force what their region want and show some spine. This is what I say lacks in T political leadership, a mission to develop their region and try for political superiority. If T-INC votes out the government there is a chance to really hear their side of the story. Otherwise their earlier resignations and withdrawl will be just seen as dramas.

If I am supporter of T, I will be really be pessimistic with T-INC MLAs.

ShyamSP
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2397
Joined: 06 Mar 2002 12:31

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby ShyamSP » 06 Dec 2011 01:17

Muppalla wrote:In about an hour or two, there will be voting related no confidence motion in AP assembly. The congress party is not having a great majority. However, these are few moments that T-MLAs have to force what their region want and show some spine. This is what I say lacks in T political leadership, a mission to develop their region and try for political superiority. If T-INC votes out the government there is a chance to really hear their side of the story. Otherwise their earlier resignations and withdrawl will be just seen as dramas.

If I am supporter of T, I will be really be pessimistic with T-INC MLAs.


I tuned into Telugu TV channels to see if there is a vote. It is not there today. INC+ (INC+PRP+MIM) has 178 MLAs and they need 145 to prove majority. Jagan drama is that he can pull out 15-21 MLAs to vote against but that is not enough.

So game plan is to have TRS and Jagan vote against as long as INC+ can get above 150 so TRS and Jagan can continue to fool people to divide opposition votes.

Interesting in assembly is that INC, TRS, and Jagan are fighting TDP in Assembly when TRS and Jagan are supposed to fight against INC at least during this no-confidence motion time. If voting people have any sense they should get from these Assembly discussions and PRP joining INC that all INC parties including still-outside TRS and Jagan are cheating public and are on the same side.

vijayk
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4074
Joined: 22 Jun 1999 11:31

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby vijayk » 06 Dec 2011 03:45

http://www.rediff.com/news/report/congr ... 111206.htm
After 16-hour-long bitter and tedious debate in the Andhra Pradesh legislative assembly, the Telugu Desam sponsored no-trust motion against the Kiran Kumar Reddy government was defeated squarely.




Of the 287 members, 122 voted in favour of the motion, while 161 voted against it. One member abstained and three members were not present in the house.

But the most significant news is that 16 Congress MLAs, owing loyalty to YSR Congress President YS Jaganmohan Reddy [ Images ], voted in support of the motion. One rebel member of Praja Rajyam Party, Shobha Nagi Reddy, also joined the pro Jagan group in voting against the government.


With this the effective strength of the Congress party in the house has come down 137 and it will now be thoroughly dependent on the support of friendly parties Praja Rajyam and the Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen.

Those who supported the government include 17 members of the PRP and seven member of Ma

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 53475
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby ramana » 06 Dec 2011 03:48

PRP had merged with INC?

Virupaksha
BR Mainsite Crew
Posts: 3110
Joined: 28 Jun 2007 06:36

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby Virupaksha » 06 Dec 2011 04:52

ramana wrote:PRP had merged with INC?

Congress wantedly made it delayed merger "procedurally" in anticipation of this vote.

Because in case of merger, mla's not agreeing to merger become "independents" and thus not subject to merged entity's whip.

RamaY
BRF Oldie
Posts: 17249
Joined: 10 Aug 2006 21:11
Location: http://bharata-bhuti.blogspot.com/

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby RamaY » 06 Dec 2011 06:14

The fun starts now. Let's see if INC expels those 17+1 and contest in elections.

I doubt the T-seats can be recaptured by YSJ. They might to to TRS. In Andhra Jagan might be able to get his mLAs re-elected. What would be MIM's pound of flesh? How will TRS benefit from prolonging T-movement?

What will TDP do next?

Virupaksha
BR Mainsite Crew
Posts: 3110
Joined: 28 Jun 2007 06:36

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby Virupaksha » 06 Dec 2011 06:29

RamaY wrote:The fun starts now. Let's see if INC expels those 17+1 and contest in elections.

I doubt the T-seats can be recaptured by YSJ. They might to to TRS. In Andhra Jagan might be able to get his mLAs re-elected. What would be MIM's pound of flesh? How will TRS benefit from prolonging T-movement?

What will TDP do next?

MIM's pound of flesh is giving control of hyderabad (mayor of GHMC for the next 3 years) to it directly.

TDP has been taking the battering from all sides uptil now. Now is the time for it to go on the offensive and take control of the situation.

Yagnasri
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9554
Joined: 29 May 2007 18:03

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby Yagnasri » 06 Dec 2011 07:28

I heard the debate most of the time ( There was almost 4 hours power cut in my town) as I was in AP yesterday. Most of the MLA's and party leaders raised improtent issues and the speach of JP was quite good though some of the ideas I don't agree. The game plan is to finish off themyth of large no of MLA support to Jagan and cut YSR family links to Congress. It is now done and is to the benifit of Congress and TDP, traditional parties in AP. In any by elections Jagan will not win even in non Telangana areas. Jagan can cut into congress vote and not into any traditional anti congress vote which is not going to be cristalized behind TDP. With the kind of anger on congress in most of the state i wonder if congress can win any seats. I also do not bet on the fortunes of TRS in any by elections in 2014. The talk of compromising the agitation for Polavaram project contracts and failure to follow up the agitation is not going to help TRS. They may win some seat in this by elections but not without fight. So there will be effective end for the TRS and Jagan challenge

But it is all asuming that congress will expel the people who votes for the no confidence motion. I think they are forced now to expel these 16 people as there is no option for then after this vote.

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 53475
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby ramana » 06 Dec 2011 07:46

So we can expect MIM to ally with TDP defacto if not dejure?

Muppalla
BRF Oldie
Posts: 7082
Joined: 12 Jun 1999 11:31

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby Muppalla » 06 Dec 2011 10:20

MIM will go with congress rain or shine. In today's world of muslims, anti-congressism means helping BJP even though TDP is vehemntly opposing to be part of any coalition that has BJP in it. That is new battleline to remember. Muslims will not care for the following seculars - Left, TDP, Jaya, Chautala. If you are not part of UPA then you are untouchable.

Regarding today's vote on confidence, it is a win-win for the TDP strategy. Multiple birds are killed:

(1) INC lost its real majority. It survived purely because of the manchurian it created in 2009 and that is Chiru and his 17.
(2) Jagan is (will be ) all gas outside Cuddapah. He can only at best spoil INC chances and not win for himself. (The speaker will not disqualify the 17 and allow bye elections is my guess.)
(3) The T MLAs again proved that they do not really fight for their cause. The cause is NOT bigger than politics for them. T-INC should have ensured the collapse to really fight for T and that could have created crisis for Sonia & Co to take decision. They lost again and played amma ho, yuvraj ho.
(4) TDP has proved to public in Seemandhra side that they have to vote to TDP for their aspirations and there is no new force if they do not like INC. The message was very clear with PRP succumbing to INC and Jagan being gas and probalby will go to jail.
(5) For the T-TDP, the message is also clear. Have patience. There is no point in jumping the gun as their counterparts are not too enthusiastic to get T. Make moves only based on how T-INC behaves and not how TRS behaves. Probably they will work on building the party. TDP may afterall revive in bordering districts and Greater Hyderabad.
(6) TDP also has given life to Kiran Kumar Reddy to clear the mess. He is free from YSR legacy crap.

Finally there is some clarity atleast at the political level. It is to be watched how TDP will build from here.

johneeG
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3473
Joined: 01 Jun 2009 12:47

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby johneeG » 06 Dec 2011 11:45

If TDP does not support BJP at centre, even if TDP and BJP are in a position to form a govt, then what will TDP do? Sit out, and let Congress form Govt?

I think CBN is very wary and is being extra cautious. He must remember that he lost not because of BJP, but due to his own policies that were seen by people as very unfriendly and strict. He neglected agriculture, also.

YSR charmed the people and people fell for his gimmicks.

CBN seems to be of belief that his defeat was due to aligning with BJP. But that was a minor factor and not the major reason for his defeat.

As for secularism, I think Muppala Garu is right. INC has emerged as the major champion of minorities, specially the muslims. CBN cannot compete with them, unless he is ready to go the levels of Digvijay Singh. And if he does that, then he can forget support from mainstream telugus.

CBN's strong point is his image and track-record as progressive and dynamic leader.

The one thing that clearly emerged from this no-confidence motion is that Jagan is lot of bluster and little material. No-confidence motion was the culmination of his allegations and challenge to TDP and ironically, it was he who was exposed as being either weak or complicit with INC. Jagan seems to be growing weaker by the day. And most probably will either become 'Chiru' or 'Sharad'.

TRS voted for the motion and against the INC, but it was attacking TDP in the discussions. Because CBN raked up the issue of Polavaram.

kmkraoind
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3908
Joined: 27 Jun 2008 00:24

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby kmkraoind » 06 Dec 2011 14:07

In the budding days of YS Raja Reddy (father of YSR), who is a small contractor and small time byrities miner, and he desired a strong foothold in Pulivendula. At that time D.N. Reddy and Kandula Sivananda Reddy were giant political figures. In order to gain a foothold with poor, he made his son YSR study medicine and made him doctor, and constructed a big hospital (at those times) with the financial help of EJ, and both Raja Reddy and YSR had excellent touch of ground realities and culminated relationships with people and budding small time leaders in district rather well.

When TDP entered in AP, Raja Reddy and YSR first built their empire in Kadapa dist with DL Ravindra Reddy (Mydukur), Varadarajula Reddy (Proddutur) playing as second fiddle to YSR, and YSR became a rallying figure for all second rung leaders of Congress at those times in entire Rayalaseema who are opposing their local MLA and MP, thus laying down his foundations for pan-Andhra figure and they are indeed good even keeping those relationships.

The budding years are quite different for Jagan. He is born with silver spoon and excessive pampering. When YSR became CM, and at the same time Raja Reddy had also been killed. So the rapid expansion of his political-economic empire was looked after his buddy friend KVP Ramachandra Rao and Jagan. Jagan started slowly started dishonoring and gave less important to his father's buddies who indeed made YSR an pan-AP figure.

After the demise of YSR, Jagan was deliberately kept out by Sonia of CM post for fearing of making a powerful satrap. All those who actively helped YSR, now starting to distant himself openly one-by-one for not getting any proper respect or recognition from Jagan and even by YSR during his tenure. Jagan too instead of relying on proper mentors, had started to move with his head weight. Now the question arises who are Jagan's staunch supporters. The people who are hitherto unknown or really brought up by YSR or Jagan entirely under watchful eye of Jagan like Konda Sureka, Ambati Rambabu and Pilli Subash Chandra Bose, who will stand him whatever it comes, others slowly one-by-one will leave for greener pastures. At least Jagan needed 1-3 election cycles to grow meaningfully on his own.

Regarding, what will be the electoral arithmetic of Jagan in upcoming elections. He will get some votes who are indeed benefited by YSR popular schemes (5-12%) and nearly 80% of Xtian votes. May be he will be a winner in 10-25 seats, but will a good spoiler for Congress. JMT.


Return to “Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ArjunPandit, g.sarkar, nishu, sgrover, Vamsee and 55 guests