Telangana Monitor

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
TKiran
BRFite

Re: Redrawing State Boundaries

Post by TKiran »

Who are Telangana People?

CATEGORY a. Those who suffered during the Nizam's time (There will not be more than 1000 people who are still alive, should we really care for those?)

CATEGORY b. Those who were born in Telangana State after 1956 (They have been living more or less in the same kind of environment as the rest of India, I mean slow development)

CATEGORY c. Those who are jealous of East Godavari, West Godavari, Krishna (They have lot of Takleef, as These three Districts have been the most richest places for Centuries because of the River Delta, these three districts are rich, but not Developed, well, for the people with Takleef, the logic does not apply)

CATEGORY d. The People from Andhra and Rayalaseema region, who have migrated after 1998 boom in IT (They are more of reason for the rest of people to develop much of Takleef, they are the truely SUPPRESSORs of the rest of the people).

If some learned BRFites can tell, whose words we should listen to as the true representatives of Telangana? or are there any more categories? By the way, I belong to CATEGORY d. My wife and my FIL belong to CATEGORY b.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

pramodkumarca wrote: Please check the below doc
http://www.scribd.com/doc/24609533/Article-on-Telangana :eek:
this provide find insight on why telangana needed - to all who belief that telangana is not necessary
Guys, you need to see this report. Its quite amusing to see that my earlier posts echo quite well with this article especially the observations I made on some of the basics, growth/dev statistics, discounting Hyd stats from rest of the region etc.

I wanted to do the homework on the agri/irrigation but glad this report covered that also.

Thanks for pointing to this report.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

vasu_ray wrote:Shyam, is Hyderabad counted under Telangana statistics? if it is removed, the numbers might tell a different story, btw Rayalaseema isn't that different from Telangana however it had some useful leaders
Fallacy is they want to include Hyderabad in Telengana but want to exclude Hyderabad in statistics. It is like one asking housing benefits by showing a small shack when the person also claiming owning a multi-story building behind the shack at a expensive location.

The news article didn't give Telangana stats without Hyderabad. It is good if government releases tables like these for all regions including and excluding urban areas.

But as for colleges/universities, only 10% * are reserved for non-locals (i.e non residents of Telengana). So 90% of seats are filled by only Telengana resident students leaving the % still near 40%. Besides, Telengana students are qualified for 10% Andhra/Rayalaseema colleges/Universities bringing back % seats to higher numbers.

* At least this % is when I was studying in Hyderabad under that non-local quota.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

ShyamSP wrote: Table below shows Telengana % of colleges, schools, jobs, water reserves, hospitals, banks, and electric substations. Telengana area according the news article is roughly 41% population-wise and 41% area-wise. Except for law colleges many are 40% or more. 59% of pharmacy colleges are in Telengana area.
Here is something funny (from the article):

Telangana's population increased from 34% to 41% (as composition of state) since independence
Coastal APs population decreased from 44 to 41% since independence
Rayalaseems population decreased from 19% to 17% since independence

This is not because of fertility disparity but because of migration to Hyd and rest of Telangana.

In the statistics mentioned above, it wil be interesting to see non-hyd related statistics. I attempted to provide a general idea in my earlier posts. There may be some improvement but not much (relatively speaking).
TKiran
BRFite

Post by TKiran »

pramodkumarca wrote:
Please check the below doc

http://www.scribd.com/doc/24609533/Article-on-Telangana :eek:

this provide find insight on why telangana needed - to all who belief that telangana is not necessary
After reading this, I feel that the only issue with Telengana is Economical, and it is not Political. Splitting the state is not a solution. The whole Takleef is with respect to the Three Districts of East Godavari, West Godavari and Krishna, which the author claims have recieved more Resources than should have been legitimately allowed. The author belongs to CATEGORY c.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

ShyamSP wrote:Fallacy is they want to include Hyderabad in Telengana but want to exclude Hyderabad in statistics.
It is NOT a fallacy. First you swamp the capital, open up some educational institutions (privately funded) there by, for, and of the migrants, and then count it for Telangana. Is this the logic?
vasu_ray
BRFite

Post by vasu_ray »

In addition to Satya's point, one can count the number of seats that went to migrant locals, migrants are by def. people who settled in the past 15-20 years vs. to students from families living in Telangana region before that

Then the issue of standards, how many of top 10 colleges of any type (within the context of AP) are in Telangana region excluding Hyderabad?

I have a pet peeve regarding the number of day trains that ply the Hyderabad-Ballarshah route vs. Hyd-Chennai or Vizag routes, only one additional day train was added in a decade

In all this, one has to concede that without the influx of these people, Hyderabad wouldn't have developed the way it did
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

vasu_ray wrote: I have a pet peeve regarding the number of day trains that ply the Hyderabad-Ballarshah route vs. Hyd-Chennai or Vizag routes, only one additional day train was added in a decade
Trains are a central govt deal (thankfully). Try buses :wink: Your guess is as good as mine as everyones :(
You would think when Hyd is growing leaps and bounds, people from Telangana would want to travel nearby and get some benefits.....alas.
In all this, one has to concede that without the influx of these people, Hyderabad wouldn't have developed the way it did
That is a matter of speculation and may even be closer to the truth..who knows. However, it was the 5 th largest city then it may be the same now (actually it may even have conceded that place to Bangalore).

If Chennai, Bangalore, Mumbai, Pune grew leaps and bounds, why does anyone thinks Hyd would have left behind? I would hate the feeling that an coastal andhra babu came and rescued Telanganas otherwise the whole region would have stayed backward.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

P Sainath of Hindu had a series of articles about how people from Mahbubnagar District were mass migrating to Mumbai for work as the drought/lack of rains was a huge disincentive.

He got an award for that.
vasu_ray
BRFite

Post by vasu_ray »

Satya,

the route prioritization is done by south central railway sitting in secunderabad

regarding development if what you say is true, why didn't other parts of Telengana develop the way Hyderabad did? why do kids in this region have to go to Vijayawada or Guntur to get decent education?

If not for the few industries in that region, things would have been even worse
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

TKiran wrote:After reading this, I feel that the only issue with Telengana is Economical, and it is not Political. Splitting the state is not a solution.
Two things:

a) you need to re-read the article especially the agri/irrigation sections
b) add another set of categories for those opposing Telengana with one category as must - just be a part of mob. You may count yourself in that category.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

vasu_ray wrote:Satya,

regarding development if what you say is true, why didn't other parts of Telengana develop the way Hyderabad did? why do kids in this region have to go to Vijayawada or Guntur to get decent education?

If not for the few industries in that region, things would have been even worse
Those parts were covered. The region was (relatively) backward in terms of education from get go and better investments made in some coastal districts made those private institutions better. And there are other matters of EAMCET and Intermediate exams (which are kind of do or die) for a student. Institutions in those areas concentrated and prepared students for those exams.

Even in Maharashtra, Latur district plays that kind of role for pre-university education. However, for University / Post Grad studies, Hyd wins hands down.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

I think so far I have gathered the following four/five arguments against the separation which are completely different from those of the issues relating to Telangana

- Share in prosperity of Hyd Of course there will be some impact in the immediate, short term, and long term. I believe this is the most important element argued by the united AP folks. They are the major beneficiaries of the growth which they believe will stop with Telangana formation.

- Maoist Telangana has been a known field for Maoist but currently there are hardly any elements in Telangana. Contrarily, they are more concentrated in coastal andhra districts of vijayanagaram/Srikakulum and even Prakasam etc.
Even otherwise, this is a center/state matter which has no bearing on Telangana

- Impact of minority influence Actually, for Telangana there will only be a shift from one minority community to the other. This issue needs to be carefully managed but should not be allowed to hold the whole state formation hostage to it.

- Ego issues? I think a lot of people actually believe that how can Telanganas will rule themselves. It has always been the good old coastal andhra/rayalaseema babu bestowing goods.

and lastly

Status quo..Status quo..Status quo.. Why change when all is hunky dory (for whom)?? Why disturb lest we screw-up even further (can be go lower than we are?)? Is this change motivated/engineered by external forces? If so, lets not play into their hands. But the problem is no one knows why would an external force engineer this they can't even be sure of the benefits.

Whereas the Telangans have a much more moral, legit grievances that affect their livelihood.
shyam
BRFite

Re: States News and Discussions

Post by shyam »

Muppalla wrote:A woman named Radhika sent the girls in return for mining projects she was promised, the channel said. As the promise was not kept, she handed over some pictures taken by her.
How come no charges are filed against the lady, Radhika, for trying to bribe a government official? Just like taking bribe, giving bribe is also a crime. This lady has publicly claimed that she had given the bribe, in the form of girls.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

Muppala garu,

I have seen your previous post. I agree with you that Naidu may be OK even if he does not expose all his cards just yet or expose his strategy. But IMO, initiatives are everything for a leader lest the followers become complacent/lose focus and one thing he can take it for granted is that INC may be thinking hard on their next move.
anuj
BRFite

Post by anuj »

US travel alert warns against travel to Andhra
"The US Government continues to receive information that terrorist groups may be planning attacks in India. Terrorists and their sympathisers have demonstrated their willingness and capability to attack targets where Americans or Westerners are known to congregate or visit," the travel alert said.
"In addition, there continues to be a possibility of violence in the south-central Indian state of Andhra Pradesh over the contentious issue of creating a separate state," the State Department said.
The state department recommends that US citizens defer all non-essential travel to Telangana and certain parts of Hyderabad (especially the Assembly and Secretariat, Osmania University, Panjagutta, and Ameerpet areas).
"Andhra Pradesh continues to experience episodic civil unrest as pro and anti-statehood political groups rally supporters to their respective causes," it said.
Government security forces have been augmented in many parts of the state, especially in Hyderabad and in the Telangana region," said the travel alert.
------------
While Telangana Muslims gain demographically the same would not be true for Andhra Muslims. Their numbers would reduce to 7%. Since there is no emergent political leadership among Andhra Muslims how they will fare in a new Andhra remains to be seen. Their security in the coming months and years of heightened tension remains an issue of concern. There is a high chance that might be targeted as they are an easy scapegoat.

In terms of political representation the number of Muslims in legislatures is also expected to grow. The relevance of MIM would also grow given the importance of small parties in small states as experienced by Jharkhand in this fast paced era of coalition politics. It currently has seven MLAs and one MP. Other parties like Majlis Bachao Tehreek might also be able to make some progress in winning assembly seats.

The gains in terms of representation might be offset by the chance that a separate state gives to BJP. In the present assembly there is only one BJP MLA. In a separate Telangana their numbers might also increase especially if KCR forms a coalition with the NDA---an idea which he is not averse too.

Leaving apart the respresentation gains there are number of questions which need to be answered. What will be the status of Urdu in Telangana ? Would it be given a second language status ? What would happen to the reservations currently offered to the state's Muslims ?

Even more importantly what would happen to the communal peace. The relative peace of the last two decades has largely been due to the availability of jobs and the good economic scenario. In the separate state there is a chance that there will be a capital flight both by the Andhras and the MNCs. Historical experience has shown that the potential for violence is most potent in times of economic downturn.
It is taken from two circles - an islamist web portal hosted by indian? muslims. Who says you cannot predict what the enemy is thinking.
Umrao Das
BRFite

Post by Umrao Das »

When YSR was called for summit in New Haven, there was movement to rename Cuddaph district as YSR district.

I was wondering If anybody has any testosterone to rename the following
Adilabad
Karimnagar
Nizambad.

Just a thought?
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Looking at news reports, it is clear the present drama is a creation of politicians. But there has been economic or administrative reasons for smaller states. BRFites for united Andhra (or status quo) feel if that is the case then SRC needs to be set up and the issues discussed rationally. They feel this tamasha is purely a manifestation of political machinations. It is a good point that needs to be acknowledged. The anguish is that some select politicians/parties are misusing this opportunity for political gains. On the other hand there are numbers that show Telangana has lagged behind.

I look at the issue from angle that would consider the impact of State split on these elements.

1. National Security: Will the split cause any mid-term or long-term security concerns? A physical concept (territorial)
2. National Integration: Will the split cause more or less animosity between the citizens? A logical concept (in the minds of the people); eventually impact #1 above.
3. Culture: Will the split result in erosion, preservation or blooming of sub-cultures?

Neither BRF nor the main stream media (English) dwells much on the above, so do I understand the elements are not impacted or do not come into play?
Last edited by SwamyG on 30 Dec 2009 18:16, edited 1 time in total.
gpati
BRFite

Post by gpati »

I have been following BRF since 2002 and I am from coastal Andhra (Vijayawada). I am confused regarding the whole Telangana issue. Being a probable issue to India’s integrity and on sentimental grounds I oppose formation of Telangana. On other hand I welcome formation of Telangana. Because, we too have grievances! To name some

1.Why everyone blames us and why so much hate campaign is going on? I have never exploited any one in Telangana. I grew up in Vijayawada and came to US for my higher education. Even if I am exploiting someone in Telenaga, how would a new state end it? It would go on as politicians and bureaucracy speak only the language of money. I could bribe my way into anything. I have many relatives doing well even in Madras, Bangalore, and Bellary.

2.Vijayawada gets no funds while Hyderabad does. Vijayawada city is a lot bigger than it is on paper (govt statistics). They never expand Vijayawada corporation limits, say a greater Vijayawada, and allocate more resources.

3.There are places just 20 km away from Vijayawada where people have to walk few kilometers everyday just for drinking water.

4.Government employees from Telangana get preference over employees from coastal Andhra. My father got his first promotion after 30 years into service though he got an award (Chief Minister‘s award) for his work. Whereas, his subordinates from Telanagana have gotten promotions just 5 to 10 years into service and have become his superiors! My father would retire with no more promotions in united Andhra while with at least a promotion in bifurcated Andhra.

5.We don’t have any good industries or universities. All defense, pharama, biotech and IT industries are in Telangana. Even the new IIT is going to Medak with existing NIT, IIIT and International business school in Hyderabad.

I don’t understand why whole Telanagana movement is revolving around government jobs and agriculture (river waters). Everything in Andhra Pradesh is getting privatized and many departments stopped hiring long back. Service and manufacturing sectors are the principal drivers of a modern economy. Telangana (Hyderabad) has both of them while coastal Andhra is struck with agriculture and agrobased industries. Agriculture is not very lucrative these days and farmers are not getting good prices for their yield. They have to fight government time to time for minimum supporting price.
Rahul Mehta
BRF Oldie

Post by Rahul Mehta »

Umrao Das wrote:I was wondering If anybody has any testosterone to rename the following :
Adilabad
Karimnagar
Nizambad.
I do. My manifesto declares renaming renaming Ahmedabad to Karnavati in black and white. And also support renaming Aurangabad to Sambhajinagar. Now renaming Nizamabad is welcome, as Nizam was a bad guy. About Karim and Adil, I need to know something about them. Were they bad or not bad guys? ("Aurangzeb was bad, Babar was bad, Akbar was not bad, Tipu was good etc " is my yardstick). So if Karim and Adil were bad guys, I support renaming these districts' names.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

vasu_ray wrote: In all this, one has to concede that without the influx of these people, Hyderabad wouldn't have developed the way it did
Lets not get into this kind of egotist contest: Who caused Hyd development? Costa guys, Telangana guys or Seema guys? Pointless.
There are smart people every where and dumb people every where. The same Maharashtra gave us Karmarkar who developed the Karmarkar algorithm but also gave us Bal Thackrey.

Most of the Telangana statistics include Hyderabad. Unfortunately, Hyderabad statistics are disproportionately high. Hyderabad alone beats whole AP in any statistics in some areas let alone Telangana.
gpati wrote:I have been following BRF since 2002 and I am from coastal Andhra (Vijayawada). I am confused regarding the whole Telangana issue. Being a probable issue to India’s integrity and on sentimental grounds I oppose formation of Telangana. On other hand I welcome formation of Telangana. Because, we too have grievances! To name some

1.Why everyone blames us and why so much hate campaign is going on? I have never exploited any one in Telangana. I grew up in Vijayawada and came to US for my higher education. Even if I am exploiting someone in Telenaga, how would a new state end it? It would go on as politicians and bureaucracy speak only the language of money. I could bribe my way into anything. I have many relatives doing well even in Madras, Bangalore, and Bellary.

2.Vijayawada gets no funds while Hyderabad does. Vijayawada city is a lot bigger than it is on paper (govt statistics). They never expand Vijayawada corporation limits, say a greater Vijayawada, and allocate more resources.

3.There are places just 20 km away from Vijayawada where people have to walk few kilometers everyday just for drinking water.

4.Government employees from Telangana get preference over employees from coastal Andhra. My father got his first promotion after 30 years into service though he got an award (Chief Minister‘s award) for his work. Whereas, his subordinates from Telanagana have gotten promotions just 5 to 10 years into service and have become his superiors! My father would retire with no more promotions in united Andhra while with at least a promotion in bifurcated Andhra.

5.We don’t have any good industries or universities. All defense, pharama, biotech and IT industries are in Telangana. Even the new IIT is going to Medak with existing NIT, IIIT and International business school in Hyderabad.

I don’t understand why whole Telanagana movement is revolving around government jobs and agriculture (river waters). Everything in Andhra Pradesh is getting privatized and many departments stopped hiring long back. Service and manufacturing sectors are the principal drivers of a modern economy. Telangana (Hyderabad) has both of them while coastal Andhra is struck with agriculture and agrobased industries. Agriculture is not very lucrative these days and farmers are not getting good prices for their yield. They have to fight government time to time for minimum supporting price.
Interesting points. Every one any where in AP have the same grievances. Hyderabad has precedence and all the development is geared towards Hyderabad only. This skewed development model is the cause of several problems: Hatred and angst against people moving in, cultural changes and a new state demand (I don't agree that Telanagana state demand is there since 40-50. It might have been there in 1960s and was never there until CON party found KCR to weaken Naidu in 2004.) Should we be proud of Hyderabad development or for that matter any other city? Bangaloreans complain bitterly about pub culture and north Indians moving into B'lore making it very expensive for locals to continue living there. There are several people in Mysore/Mangalore who complain bitterly about pubs and development due to software. A lot of people from K'taka I know actually supported Mangalore pub attackers. This whole thing makes me think that the underlying cause for many of these problems is rapid development in some areas. I don't know if the whole state can be brought up gradually at the same time.

One way the Chinese manage growth and influx is issuing a VISA to workers from rural areas in order to work in urban areas of high growth provinces such as Shaghai. Is that a good move for India too?
TKiran
BRFite

Post by TKiran »

Supreme Court has given "FREEZONE" status to Hyderabad recently.

Atleast let us have some respect to Supreme Court Verdict.

The Telangana Vaadi's have got a Hammer now, and everything looks a nail to them now.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Rahul Mehta wrote:Were they bad or not bad guys? ("Aurangzeb was bad, Babar was bad, Akbar was not bad, Tipu was good etc " is my yardstick). So if Karim and Adil were bad guys, I support renaming these districts' names.
How do you define "bad" or "not bad" guys?
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

TKiran wrote:Supreme Court has given "FREEZONE" status to Hyderabad recently.

Atleast let us have some respect to Supreme Court Verdict.

The Telangana Vaadi's have got a Hammer now, and everything looks a nail to them now.
Looks like that is what gave Telanagana movement and TRS a shot in the arm.

http://telanganautsav.wordpress.com/200 ... free-zone/
Is Hyderabad not a part of Telangana, but a separate entity by virtue of being the capital of Andhra Pradesh? This issue is now the most hotly debated topic across the state. And it has given a new lease of life to the Telangana movement, which had almost been buried after the debacle of pro- Telangana forces in the recent general elections.

The whole controversy began with a Supreme Court judgement on October 9, declaring that Hyderabad was not a part of Telangana but a free zone insofar as recruitments and postings in government went.

This has led to the Supreme Court declaring Hyderabad a “free zone.” The SC order has triggered a lot of unrest among the Telangana employee associations, which fear that candidates from Andhra would grab their jobs in Hyderabad. Senior advocate S Ramachandra Rao observed that the Supreme Court order was against the spirit of the Presidential Orders of 1975, which had nowhere mentioned that Hyderabad was a free zone.
For the Telangana Rashtra Samithi, which has been down in the dumps for the last six months, the order has come as a god- sent opportunity to revive the Telangana movement.

Within a week, the TRS organised a massive public meeting of Telangana employees at Siddipet in Medak district, where its president K Chandrasekhara Rao declared that he would wage a protracted struggle to achieve a separate Telangana state.

He gave the call of “Telanganawale Jaago, Andhrawale Bhago,” evoking loud protests from Andhraites, and creating a tense atmosphere in the state.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

>>>One way the Chinese manage growth and influx is issuing a VISA to workers from rural areas in order to work in urban areas of high growth provinces such as Shaghai. Is that a good move for India too?
In the Carrot-Stick model that would be applying stick. Instead use the carrots; develop the tier-II and tier-III cities. Having more than one region and city in a state as growth engine is good for the state and the country. In the Chinese model one would have gleaming cities and top-notch infrastructure; it can pose long term problems. A better approach would be multiple corridors or cities in a state. It will also help in the migration issues that you talk about.
Umrao Das
BRFite

Post by Umrao Das »

gpati>> Shred of all garbage Telengana is a non issue period.

This agitation like the one I lived through in 1968 and 1969 ( 9th grade)playing non stop cricket for 8 months in Hyderabad (while my dad was serving all over India ( He wa in Pune and then tranferred to DGNP Vizag).

Telengana Agitation is Its a Reddy's ready made war to make money. Period.
Then it was Bhramananda Reddy vs Chenna Reddy ( who was ousted as Minister for Metals and Mines in IG cabinet , who was thought to be counter weight at center for Brahmananda reddy, while Sanjiva reddy was with Cong (o) Nijalingappa kamaraj & co.

Chanda reddy was indicted of fraudyulent practices in Vikarabad constiuency his opponent Vandematarm ramachandar rao ( who was real Gandhian) was declared winner, Whining Chanda reddy came to Hyderabad after resigning ( Those were the days my friend there was semblence of ethics in politricks in the curret atmosphere he would have been inducted into Rajya Sabha and still be minister al Sambu Sore(n) in Jharkhand)
and went begging to Brahmanda reddy who promptly insulted him, so beagn the ordeal of telengana agitation looting curfews ( Sanjiva reddy nagar, Ameerpet, Masab Tank, Vijayanagara Colony Sidabad etc which was mostly populated by folks from Andhra then ( Like Now in Kukatpalley, Gutchi Bowli, BHEL, Malakpet, Dilsukh Nagar, Hyderbad is funny there is Ameer Pet there fore there was Garib Nagar (now Prakash nagar) then there was Domala Guda adjacent to tank Bund hence the mosquitos hence Domal Guda (encampment)....

Anyways
The strange thing is KCR is a velema from Bobbili pucca Andhra If anybody is Telegana because the lineage is to start from Nizams Rule then really speaking till bussy kicked Nizams butt and under duress Nizam relenquished circars to French who in turn surrendered to English and hence under Madras...
SO strictly speaking Costal Andhras were the betrayed Telenganas and ironically a true Telenganite KCR is champion of of fake Telenganites...

Some how the psychology of the people of the current so called telenganites is embeded steeply in inferiority complex instead of feeling superiors truly...
The telugu of Telangana (with out the currupt if I may urdu words) is real telugu or Achha telugu ( or even better Achha Telugu ask Dasarthi rangacharya or Narayana reddy who then coined Veera telengana Naadhi veru Telangana Kaadu).

In way the people of fake telenagana deserve what they are being served....
Thats my opinion. Others may not agree thats fine too.

It nut shell being a citizen of India and Indian ( as a sn of service officer)
Telengana people are idiots
Andhras are stupids
why TRS had 41 MPs and yet they joined the band wagon in elections.
The only 42 MP became Presidenet and brought down Charan Singh, Janata Daal.

The Andhras are stupid because they should have developed Nellore close to Chennai, Cuddaph/Chittoor to Bangalore, Vizag Close to Orissa and W Bengal as alternative centers instead of flocking to Hyderabad. Dumb thing is Andhras even have Oil and Gas resources...to develop.

One of the bastions of Congress but never got its due compared to TN (This may irritate Stan but sorry that is the truth period just one example Medak Elected IG to parliament due to Anjaih, was promised OFP to make BMP series then Dm Venkatraman smartly truncated ito into two parts saying Avadi already does Engines so BMP engine shall be shifted to Avadi Smart Very Smart like Magnavox slogan of 1990s in US) :mrgreen:

Sorry Plain truth not PC (not the AH PC)

By the way Arudra had said very eloquently

"kaapu vade reddy
Garika poche gaddi

Anthu choche varuku
Andhrula Churuku N
Niluva undene sarku

o koonalamma

Oh by the way when AP wanted Steel Plant and so promised the demand for SalemSteel Plant crops up so that Vizag gets delayed and Salem comes up first then Vizag....
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

SwamyG wrote:>>>One way the Chinese manage growth and influx is issuing a VISA to workers from rural areas in order to work in urban areas of high growth provinces such as Shaghai. Is that a good move for India too?
In the Carrot-Stick model that would be applying stick. Instead use the carrots; develop the tier-II and tier-III cities. Having more than one region and city in a state as growth engine is good for the state and the country. In the Chinese model one would have gleaming cities and top-notch infrastructure; it can pose long term problems. A better approach would be multiple corridors or cities in a state. It will also help in the migration issues that you talk about.
If only we have some leaders with little bit more brains... you know... IQ of 20s instead of single digits... :lol:

Our leaders follow the money trail and they got 5 years to do it. That's why focused all their energies in Hyderabad only. Buy the land in remote corner of Hyderabad push a new university or office park there. Make easy money. This whole tier II and Tier III cities need a lot of patience and long range planning.

One important statistic pointed by Satya: Costa population decreased from 43% to 41% in post-independent era; Seema went down too but Telangana went up. What does this mean? This means there is not much development in Costa or Seema and people have to get out of there.
anuj
BRFite

Post by anuj »

KCR's nephew and two-times MP from Siddipet, T Harish Rao
How much time is Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) willing to spare for the carving out of the new state and what if the Centre backs out?

TRS is ready to grant considerable time for the formation of the new state. The procedure and duration of the creation shall remain similar to that of the carving out of other states like Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh and Uttarakhand. The Centre cannot back out of its promise now. Any flip-flop on their part would mar the state with turbulence and violent protests, which actually none of us want. We want a peaceful Telangana, which welcomes people of all caste and communities to share and grow together.

If people want Telangana, then why did they vote overwhelmingly for the Congress government in Andhra Pradesh in the Assembly elections held in 2009?

Before being a politician, I am a common man and yes, the layman residing in Telangana wants a separate statehood status. Till date, so many movements have been taken up but in vain and now when we have achieved what we always wanted, nobody can stop us. Talking about the polls, Congress got around 220 seats in 2004 Assembly elections whereas they were able to win only 157 seats in 2009 i.e. only 45% in Telangana. So you can yourself understand the political reality of the region.

But why, all of a sudden, this outcry? Is it a power-motivated game of TRS to have a hold in the region?

No, it is just our fight for a separate statehood and no mind games are involved in the process. Previously, we supported the Congress as they promised us Telangana, but we were disillusioned as the then CM, Rajasekhar Reddy, did not want to grant us the privilege. Therefore, we withdrew our support. Since TRS has grassroots base in the region, people want us here, and the on-going protests are a proof of that. We have been suffering from so many years and now we want our rights.

You claim Telangana is necessary for the development of the state. Don’t you think it will bring disparity among people?

Which unity are you talking about? We were never considered a part of Andhra Pradesh. Even in cinemas the female lead is from Andhra and the villain portrayed is from Telangana. Andhra people grab jobs, divert Telangana resources especially water resources. If we talk about culture and tradition, Telangana will accept all kinds of people with different religions.

We have people from Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, West Bengal, Punjab and other states. It is our stand not to discriminate against people from other regions living in Telangana. We have no ill will towards these peace-loving people.

Hyderabad has become a bone of contention between the votaries of Telangana and those against it. Are you ready to compromise on the same?

Hyderabad will absolutely remain in Telangana. We will never compromise on the issue. It is the soul of the region. Anyone trying to create any complication is trying to put an obstacle in the creation of Telangana from Andhra Pradesh. It is like saying Jammu and Kashmir should be independent of India.

Who do you think would be the probable contenders for the CM’s post in the new state?

That is a question, which will be answered with time. KCR will certainly not take any post in the government. Besides him, no other candidate is prominent enough to run the party. Well, the party as a whole will take the decision whenever the necessity arises in the future.

Once you were considered as an heir to KCR, now after his son’s entry into the political arena, has your status been affected in the party?

All members in the party are a team dedicated to its causes. KCR’s son is welcome in the party, in fact, by having him, the confidence of the organization has got a double boost. I am more than willing to work with him in near future.

What will be the future strategy of the TRS after it comes into power?

TRS will work for the uplifting the poor and needy, who so far have been deprived of the basic necessities since ages. We have suffered a lot in every aspect, whether we speak of water, education, resource distribution, employment, or political power. Our battle has been against those who grabbed political power and exploited river waters, employment opportunities, and education facilities, leaving us in the lurch.
vasu_ray
BRFite

Post by vasu_ray »

you only have to look at the critical mass of Industrialists, CEOs, Owners of big businesses or other elites hailing from each region in Hyderabad to answer the argument that Telengana will develop on its own, without these prime movers your growth curve will be laid back

all the more a reason they wouldn't let go of Hyderabad and would rather play blind to contributions of whole AP to the growth of the city

not to mention that Naxals wouldn't allow any industry to be setup there claiming exploitation, majority of population is under educated and you will have to deal with the consequences of being a communist state
Last edited by vasu_ray on 30 Dec 2009 22:33, edited 1 time in total.
anuj
BRFite

Post by anuj »

TRS to attend Jan 5 meeting
Hyderabad, Dec 30 (PTI) TRS tonight said it would attend the meeting of political parties of Andhra Pradesh convened by the Centre in Delhi to discuss the Telangana issue.

"Since the government of India has invited all the political parties in AP, we are definitely going to attend the meeting on January 5. But we will take a collective decision on our stand in the all party Joint Action Committee," former TRS MP B Vinod Kumar told reporters after a meeting with party President K Chandrasekhar Rao and other senior party leaders.

Chandrasekhar Rao, however, did not speak to reporters.
Telugu film industry may shift to Chennai: Rosaiah
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K. Rosaiah Wednesday said the continuing attacks on film shootings in and around Hyderabad by Telangana supporters may force the Telugu film industry to shift back to Chennai.
Recalling that the Telugu film industry shifted from Chennai to Hyderabad after the formation of Andhra Pradesh in 1956, Rosaiah said if it goes back, it will affect the employment opportunities of local people.
anuj
BRFite

Post by anuj »

vasu_ray wrote:without these prime movers your growth curve will be laid back
Industrialists, by nature, do not hold grudge or hold themselves back when there's money to be made. Tax breaks are what they look for. Waive it for a period of 5 years and they'll happily form a queue.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

http://greatandhra.com/ganews/viewnews. ... 15&scat=16
However, with the T-agitation becoming more like a goon act, those who are from Andhra and own companies have begun making their plans. One such gentleman who hails from Challapalli near Vijayawada happens to own a bungalow in his native and he has made a decision.

Stating that he might become the first investor to develop Andhra, he has reportedly decided to shift his call center from Hyderabad to Challapalli.

I don't believe this
http://news.rediff.com/report/2009/dec/ ... vernor.htm
Go easy on Telangana issue, new AP governor tells PM
The Centre has adopted a cautious approach on Telangana [ Images ], after a detailed report from new Andhra Pradesh Governor ESL Narasimhan warned it against buckling under the pressure from regional parties, over the creation of a separate state.

According to highly-placed sources, Narasimhan met the leaders of all major political parties in the state and then sent three top-secret reports to the home ministry. Acting on his suggestions, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh [ Images ] decided against taking a snap decision in the wake of the Telengana crisis.

Narasimhan's long stint with the Intelligence Bureau, including three years as its chief, helped him make a quick political assessment about the simmering situation in the state. He advised the Centre that the Telengana issue will fizzle out and the Centre should not give in to the demands of the agitators.

Sources in the North Block, which houses the home ministry, said the governor has provided the Centre a new perspective on the Telengana issue.

Dr Singh holds Narasimhan in high esteem, sources informed, adding that the PM had assured his Cabinet that the former IB chief will be able to defuse the crisis in Andhra Pradesh that erupted over the demand for Telangana state.

Narasimhan's assessment of the ground situation in Andhra is that any immediate announcement on Telengana will only strengthen the main opposition Telugu Desam Party, not the Congress government
Umrao Das
BRFite

Post by Umrao Das »

Wah wah our narsiman saab instead of protecting the Integrity of the nation and constitution is reporting Madam SHQ that Telengana is deter_mental for Congress so this is our India a land of Symbols and no substance.
Far the Public, buy the public tho the public

Interestingly I see lot of advertisements for Gita Yagna for World peace in Hyderbad (host venue) while AP is burning also while Xtain preachers are publicizing a season peace and 'Para Loka Suvartha" :mrgreen:

In 1969 it was Sarvan ( bhava thiru mandirai...) who was acting GOV and Central rule administer of AP. loot Maar telugus by center

Anybody recall Alluri Sitaramaraju character contractor for the British Forest officer....

yellamay Saar vadu.... maya :rotfl:
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

You mean H.C. Sarin in 1969.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Umrao Das wrote:loot Maar telugus by center
Hafta is going through AP leaders with proper cuts for AP elites. Later it would go directly if Hyderabad is made UT or through some proxy T-leaders. They think T-leaders are manageable by invoking Maoists or riots or "Telengana khatre me hai from Andhra" fear-mongering.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Umrao Das wrote:Wah wah our narsiman saab instead of protecting the Integrity of the nation and constitution is reporting Madam SHQ that Telengana is deter_mental for Congress so this is our India a land of Symbols and no substance.
Far the Public, buy the public tho the public

Interestingly I see lot of advertisements for Gita Yagna for World peace in Hyderbad (host venue) while AP is burning also while Xtain preachers are publicizing a season peace and 'Para Loka Suvartha" :mrgreen:

In 1969 it was Sarvan ( bhava thiru mandirai...) who was acting GOV and Central rule administer of AP. loot Maar telugus by center

Anybody recall Alluri Sitaramaraju character contractor for the British Forest officer....

yellamay Saar vadu.... maya :rotfl:
Does Narsimhan own any real estate in Hyderabad? :D

I think it is best for both sides to meet and make some compromises and walk out with the best deals possible on Jan 5 an bifurcate the state.
Otherwise, it will be the case of a wise monkey judge trying to cut a piece of bread equally between two warring cats.

If both both parties benefit in the end, it is good. If they get screwed, so be it. It is better than dying a slow death with whining and hatred.

Telangana affects AP industry; pharma cos bleed Rs 500cr
http://www.zeenews.com/news591241.html
Informing that many companies have threatened to quit the state, he said "Bharat Forge was to set up a unit here but has now gone to Gujarat while French car manufacturer Peugeot has kept its investment proposals in abeyance."

The Chief Minister also informed that, "the Caparo Group, which launched its project at Sripotti Sriramulu in Nellore district, is not proceeding further while steel tycoon ArcelorMittal has also put off its huge investment proposals."

He further said the Sri Lankan apparel manufacturer Brandex is also "re-thinking" on its investment plans. Apart from units in Visakhapatnam and Nellore, Brandex was planning to set up one unit in the Telangana region. But, given the prevailing situation, it is re-thinking on this, Rosaiah said.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

vijayk wrote:a wise monkey judge trying to cut a piece of bread equally between two warring cats.
A wise monkey shifted CII conference from AP to TN recently. It also called all cats to Delhi on Jan 5th

Telugu film industry may shift to Chennai: Rosaiah
They should move it to Vizag/Vijayawada/Tirupati.

I was listening that 60% of employed in the TFI in Hyderabad are from Telengana area. Still TRS goons are asking how many are producers/Heros or in top positions. Looks like they want quotas for Heros/producers/top posts. If anybody says united AP, they are attacking them.

Now if TFI moves out *, whole ecosystem will go. Those 60% would be available for Maoist, Inc - a big industry for jobs in Telengana

* Of course, GOI or Hyderabad/Telengana revenues need to used bear the costs of moving and developing infra in the other place.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

Well, again I see some more scare tactics are being peddled here. What is the reason for Telugu Film Industry to move out of Hyderabad if Telanagana is realized.

What difference does it make? What is the reason for their insecurity? If they feel insecure for what they may have done to their Telangana brothers, it is reflection of their own self. If it is in their interest to move out, who the F are we to stop it. Go right ahead.

Again, good old coastal andhra babu bestowing goods unto us heathens.

The more we think about this, the more it is making sense for the separation.

There were several other concerns expressed:

National Security/Integration concern: I have mentioned in my earlier posts that creation of telangana does not impinge on the national security at all in fact it aids in strengthening the local self government and makes people accountable to achieve their destinies.

The concern on Maoist is real but it is also real that currently they are more focused on coastal andhra than in Telangana. So, red herring so to say.

The scope of Telangana is really, really, limited to AP. There is not going to be any impact on any other region outside of it. Any such insinuation is simply false alarm and diversion from the key issue.

I am coming around to the view that Central Govt has done the right thing in announcing although it may have been motivated by other reasons.

INC will not only secure the Telangana but will also be able to secure a lot of financing for the very long time to fund their activities. Now that wound is festered, bought back to surface, it is not going to go away. It is a matter of time.

Oh BTW: All those theories about Hyd as UT are laughable to say the least. Separate capital is one thing but UT is entirely different. The sooner everyone realizes this the better it is. Otherwise, I am afraid, the ill feelings will take a different turn.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Satya_anveshi wrote:Well, again I see some more scare tactics are being peddled here. What is the reason for Telugu Film Industry to move out of Hyderabad if Telanagana is realized.
Please read news they were attacks on movie sets and people. TRS-Congress/ABVP goons were doing violence on them.

If everything is honkeydory or calm and we write like that, yes, you would be right. You don't have to suppress what is happening by saying they are scare tactics (as if anybody is scared of such tactics :)
Oh BTW: All those theories about Hyd as UT are laughable to say the least. Separate capital is one thing but UT is entirely different. The sooner everyone realizes this the better it is. Otherwise, I am afraid, the ill feelings will take a different turn.
Well I don't think GOI can finance other Capitols so at best Hyderabad will be kept UT or free zone until other Capitol cities are developed in case separation. Ill luck would have it Hyderabad would not have any development if there is a separation as funds need to be drained away for development of other cities.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Satya_anveshi garu,

In the following post -
http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 90#p795390

You made the following comment
Satya_anveshi wrote: In regard to Telangana, I will go with the leaders the people choose and take it from there. They may be immature but will learn as we go along. Only other alternative is to outsource and we have seen the results of that.
For example, being APCC president, D Srinivas has grown, did something for his constituency (Nizamabad) and continued to win from it...he can be given this mantle. Again, no relation to him whatsoever. I live too far away from the ground zero and am a no name nobody. TIWIW.
Outsourced to whom and what are the results that you are referring to? I am interested in your analysis regarding outsourced leadership.