Telangana Monitor

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Re: Telangana Monitor

Post by ShyamSP »

Muppalla wrote:YSR created a quota system inside the mafia for looting where a lot of others had their fair share while Reddys has the lead position. CBN regime has just one caste (kammas) that got the goodies. another important observation is that Kammas have grown from ordinary middle classes to the richest class of AP in less than two decades. This led to ganging up of other castes such as Reddys and Kapus against TDP. YSR and YSJ are the only two tall leaders to take the lead. AP has no leaders other than CBN and YSR.

EJs and their influence on AP politics is an extreme exxaggaration being used in analysis especially on Internet. YSJ and YSR are looked as saviours of several castes and also slow growing Reddys to stop the juggernaut and fast growing Kammas.

When we discuss YSR aura over AP if we keep bringing up EJ stuff,we will never get the real picture of why the man is still popular inspite of the largest loot in the history of the state. I just completed a cross section of the state and really talked to a random sections of people and I see YSR is still popular in all regions. If T sentiment is lessened from it's current state either by separation or by compromise, inspire of TRS, Jagan can still pull off in T region.

In the educated classes of T, Andhras means Kammas and they did not like the fact that this community has grown too fast in front of them though they appreciate the enterprenural skills.
No wonder target seems to be Lagadapati, Kavuri, Rayapati, and CBN - all Kammas. Is the resentment due kammas buying lands in and around Hyderabad which is recent (last 2-3 decades independent of TDP also of course) phenomenon, or Is it because the lands they purchased in normal Telangana areas which is phenomenon since 50s *? My guess is latter is the reason as Hyderbad buying happened across all castes and no one near Hyderabad show such resentment. Resentment is coming from interiors.

Any studies as to which non-T folks bought lands in Telanagana in interior areas?

* Two new migrations to Bellary and Nizambad areas from Coastal districts. Of course Reddies were also similarly migrated to Bellary (Gali Brothers from Tirupati area are famous among them)
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

^^^^
A lot of T agri land that was purchased by Andhras belongs to Kammas. It spreads all the way to Nizamabad and Adilabad. I will write more later after my travel back.

Here is a small glimpse of the growth:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/17453236/Top- ... strialists

the guy at 99 is my neighbor. don't go by numbers as some chronology. read the list after 100.

the growth of this community is probably 10 times of India's growth rate.(one of the movers and shakers of growing India)
KSKumar
BRFite

Post by KSKumar »

Satya_anveshi wrote:
KSKumar wrote:How will that raise the costs of status quo for "Andhrites"?
Similar to how peaceful Indian independence movement raised costs on British.
Isn't that what TRS/BJP have been doing for the last 2 years? Why will more of the same raise costs for anyone?
No. Much more intense is called for.
Will non-cooperation/strikes only raise costs for "andhrites"? Anyway, in your book, all "andhrites" in Telangana are rich and well to do. If buses stop and Govt. services do not work, why will costs for them be higher than the marginal people in Telangana (for whom all activists are crying buckets)?
They are getting shafted anyway all this while. Costs will rise on Andhrites also. Just as with increased awareness, people shun IT folks from Andhra at least in places where talent is critical, this will work too in shunning relations with folks colonising fellow Indians.
And what "facts". All I hear from you are polemics. Even TRS and Telangana Political Leaders of other parties have moved on from the "depreived" argument. Now they talk of "Self-rule" and "self-respect".

These are feelings/setinments. Facts, they are not.

Don't shy away from your initial instinct. You did mean violence and kicking them hated "andhrites" out.
I rest my case. Also thanks for truckload of "facts".
As I suspected, no substance - all polemic. The "Doras" of Telengana did not shaft the rest of the people. Nizam rule did not shaft Telangana as a whole. It only happened when Hyderabad became a capital for AP and people from all parts of the state settled here and prospered in their respective fields. Wah, what logic and beautiful argumentation.

People like you are lost cause. I can see the genesis of the next Jayashankar and Kondaram.

Carry on. All you are doing is making a fool of yourself. Your choice. Free country.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Lot of political interests are there for fringe political groups of AP in continuing the agitations. BJP only a fringe party with less than 2% votes in AP and anti congress space being firmly occupied by TDP like to divide the state or get strong in Telangana if it fails. TRS and Jagan ( with one part of EJ gang) want to have immediate elections when they have good chance to win the seats. Naxals and pro-naxal gangs want lot of agitations and to destroy AP economy so that they can return to AP in full force.

Congress and TDP are forced to keep quite without any official position as they have no other political option. CBN has declared that he is neutral in respect of division. Congress also has no other option but to remain neutral in respect of division if they want their 21 MP's in non Telangana areas not to resign.

It is therefore good for the two main parties in AP to drag the issue for some more time and for fringe parties to force the decision.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

Muppalla wrote:I am not a technical expert on water resources issues. However, I ask this question repeatedly to several persons: why are the 116 - 5MIM= 111 T legislators could not force anything? why it has to be a complaint that Andhras are this asura or that asura ?
Boss they did unify during the formation in seeking agreements to protect their interests, after seeing that it is not working, they did unify again in agitating and calling to fix the problem in 1969, and now again they unifying across party lines. Anything less than that would have proved them to be zombies and any more would also have been construed as not giving enough time to work the agreements. What did they get in return...their accommodation is treated as weakness.

Also, by the same logic if they are unifying now and asking for separation...we ought to agree no? No more Andhra asuras or pakis or occupiers....no nothing.

Now looks at this:

Exibit 1:
Muppalla wrote:Ideally, for this kind of attitude, it would have been great to have article 370 for the ex-nizam area (not just T). However, after 60 years of free migration and free trade and business, asking for a de-andhrization of region is impossible other than just a definite lose-lose conflict.
Exibit 2:
RamaY wrote:I don't have a solution. If it were to me I would say ban agri-land purchases by non-T people until the prices reach equilibrium.
As the flashes of realization occur we get some reactions as above. One the one side you are quick enough to react with a much stronger reaction along the lines of J&K but yet ignore the similar and even milder constitutional provision in the form of 371 specifically for the state of AP/Telangana (and a few select regions). Do you see an element of hypocrisy in this? What use will it be to keep on having agreements when one of the parties uses to it wipe their ash? What recourse do Telangana have other than what they are doing?

Muppalla wrote:I really see a lot of Andhra occupation is in the farm lands.
and the other schmuck says "Resentment is coming from interiors."

So, we are making progress now...all the way from complete rejection, to denial, to wishing away, to flashes of understanding.
KSKumar wrote:As I suspected, no substance - all polemic. The "Doras" of Telengana did not shaft the rest of the people. Nizam rule did not shaft Telangana as a whole. It only happened when Hyderabad became a capital for AP and people from all parts of the state settled here and prospered in their respective fields. Wah, what logic and beautiful argumentation.

People like you are lost cause. I can see the genesis of the next Jayashankar and Kondaram.

Carry on. All you are doing is making a fool of yourself. Your choice. Free country.
If I may apply some piskology on you...I can very well see what is happening with you....you are still in one of those early phases of Denial and then leading to Anger.....you must be thinking...How in the hell my forefathers and parents could have done this to Telanganas...all the ivory tower they built for me was based on on robbing some poor soul of Telangana.....must be getting some warm fuzzy feeling I tell you...I am sure you are getting good night's sleep thinking what you, your parents or your forefathers have done/doing.

[edited out due to misunderstanding of Ramana's post ]

Considering the posts we see from by and large most Andhrites (with the exception of some flashes of realization)..really what comes out is that you Andhrites got a free ride in terms of Indian Independence movement for sacrifices made by someone else. This is some pchaddi worthy material we are on to here. Your actions are in complete consonance of what British would do to other Indians. It is for no other reason you are immune to other peoples plight and colonized people within Independent India. And to add insult to injury...you $hits bring in "Telugu" brotherhood in-between.
Last edited by Satya_anveshi on 07 Oct 2011 09:53, edited 1 time in total.
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

TRS hints at merger with Congress to end Telangana deadlock - India Today

Posting in full. Let me guess next step. TRS will announce Congress is really keen in upliftment of Telangana, and have promised to make a Telangana person as CM. Now whole Andhra is under dispose of a Telanganite, so no need for a separate state, and in gratitude I am merging TRS in INC. Again repeat of Marri Chennareddy episode. Better for AP people to decentralize or disperse IT jobs in Vijayawada, Vizag, Kakinada, Rajamundry, Kurnool and Tirupathi, so that they will be no further blackmailing in future.

The Congress and the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) are believed to have activated backroom negotiations to find a way out of the ongoing Telangana imbroglio and create a win-win situation for both the parties.

TRS president K. Chandrasekhar Rao, who spent three days in Delhi earlier this week, had sent feelers to the Congress bosses that he was even willing to merge his party with the senior alliance partner if a positive announcement was made on the formation of a separate Telangana state. He had insisted that the UPA government must announce a specific time frame for carving out the new state.

The TRS president also held secret parleys in New Delhi with senior Congress leaders from Telangana where he reportedly told them that it would be a "win- win" situation for both the parties if the Centre announced the new state. He told them that the Congress could end up as the losing side if it continued to dodge the issue, while the TRS would only grow in strength in the next elections.

The Telangana Congress leaders brought this proposal to the notice of PM Manmohan Singh and AICC in- charge of Andhra Pradesh Ghulam Nabi Azad. However, there was no immediate response from the leaders as the party is yet to make up its mind on the statehood issue.

"The TRS was formed with the sole objective of achieving a separate state and it would outlive its purpose once the goal is achieved. So it would be in the interest of the TRS to merge with the Congress.

But I don't think the TRS will agree to the merger before the statehood decision is taken," Nizamabad MP Madhu Yashki said.

In fact, addressing the media last week, KCR himself did not rule out the possibility of the TRS merging with the Congress. "Let the Centre announce the state of Telangana first. Any other proposal, including the merger, can be discussed later," KCR told Mail Today. But a section of the TRS leaders is opposed to KCR's "unilateral style of functioning" and his cosy disposition towards the Congress leaders.

Even his nephew MLA T. Harish Rao dismissed the merger reports, saying: "The TRS will continue to be a major force even after the formation of Telangana." TRS MP Vijayashanti also said: "Those who think that the Congress will grant a separate Telangana state must be fools. The Congress has only been playing with the people's sentiments." The comment was seen as an indirect dig at KCR.

Read more at: http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/trs- ... 53945.html
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Who has taken free ride in Independence Movement? My grandfather who was a doctor spend over a decade in Jail and my uncle died as my grandmother could not take care of him as my grandfather was in Jail and people including her bothers were afraid even to speak with her. There are countless people like her everywherein India. So dont make stupid statements like this.

As for as colonized people goes, how come such people could produce a PM and elected another one from their area. There are no colonized people in India. We all have right to live anywhere in the nation. You better read Indian Constitution first. If you want to become another Kashmir (your Nizam and his chamchas like KCR type Doras tried that also) we can not help yoou.

Read the statements of Hyderabad MP's in Parliament before 1956 and also the discussions in Hyderabad state assembly on state formation and see who brought Telugu bortherhood and wanted to have a state for Telugu people. Why communist party at that time wanted a Vishaladhra?

As for as agitations by MLA's and MP's and other politicos only where they are not in power they tried to created an agitation by alleging discrimination. 1969 it was Chenna Reddy who was banned from contesting election for 6 years and now it is KCR who has found a easy way to loot money by blackmailing non locals.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

By the way since when calling anentire set of people as "Shits"is allowed in BR Ramanaji?
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Satya_anveshi wrote:...
And the wise one sayeth thusly and if I must say ..sounds quite Churchillian. This is basically rejection type of thinking..way primitive in terms of maturity in Telangana context.
ramana wrote:Small perturbations lead to large oscillations which eventually die down due to system over correction.
churchill would say..these notions of Independence and all wouldn't apply to brownies. They are applicable to americans and europeans. But even Churchill would later agree in keeping the promise made by the Crispps Misson which offered India indenpendence in return for the support in WWII.

Considering the posts we see from by and large most Andhrites (with the exception of some flashes of realization)..really what comes out is that you Andhrites got a free ride in terms of Indian Independence movement for sacrifices made by someone else. This is some pchaddi worthy material we are on to here. Your actions are in complete consonance of what British would do to other Indians. It is for no other reason you are immune to other peoples plight and colonized people within Independent India. And to add insult to injury...you $hits bring in "Telugu" brotherhood in-between.
Admins,
Why are F-words and personal insults still allowed by this fellow?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

I guess you are wrongly named:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullwhip_effect

See the picture. There is nothing Churchillian in there except in unfertile imagination.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

pedda dora...I was not talking of the terminology you are referring..but the message in your post was that the movement is like a purturbance and it will fade away. I was associating it to the "rejection" on the pisko map as Churchill would reject the idea of India/brownies being given dominion status or even "independent".
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Satya_anveshi wrote:...
Dude, calm down , being a fellow telugu i would like to see that energy of yours put into writing a point wise list of grievances of telugus from T-area - let it be comprehensive.
Let the other telugus here put in their thoughts to that in single posts if they wish.
So we can have a meaningful end to the debate going on for the past several pages in this daagha.

no point in you getting banned especially after all that .
Last edited by Lilo on 07 Oct 2011 09:48, edited 1 time in total.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Satya_anveshi wrote:pedda dora...I was not talking of the terminology you are referring..but the message in your post was that the movement is like a purturbance and it will fade away. I was associating it to the "rejection" on the pisko map as Churchill would reject the idea of India/brownies being given dominion status or even "independent".

Pedda Dora was talking about supply chain disturbances regarding coal and power. Read the link he posted.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

Mea Culpa..I went and checked back context of the post by vishal and ramana's comments..edited that part out.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

Lilo wrote:Dude, calm down , being a fellow telugu i would like to see that energy of yours put into writing a point wise list of grievances of telugus from T-area - let it be comprehensive.
Lilo garu..truth be told....my personal stakes or even ideological alignment is not with what is happening in Telangana. With or withour division folks will be alright (more or less) if you see at a timescale of another 60-70 years minus hoping that people get out of "hurt" they felt. Waiting out till then is the luxury folks like us can offord but people cannot.

Problem is of hear and now. And of the real and perceived notions of injustices that have been committed on the people. Most unfortunately politicians caught on with it and every political party is guilty of aiding this fire. People are madly behind the movement. If it was a first expression of resentment we could still convince people to mend ways, try harder. Not sure that too is a luxury we have...people need more than just kumbaya. so what could this be?

On the other hand, if one tries to be really fair and look at the issue dispassionately..and every time you delve into it..you will come out stinking.....one will find there is much more than just smoke.

If you accept that both parties are irreconcilable, no need to beat around the bush - get to a solution that makes sense. Problem here is every other "solution" other than obvious is crappier than the current crap. Gridlock if there ever was one is this
nvishal
BRFite

Post by nvishal »

Rs 48 crore sanctioned to tackle T-stir
The home department has sanctioned an additional Rs 33.82 crore to the director- general of police for tackling the Telangana agitation.
Around Rs 4 crore was sanctioned to the additional DG(intelligence) for buying 204 CCTV cameras and associated equipment for installation at the AP High Court. The city police commissioner was sanctioned Rs 5.54 crore as additional funds.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

OK Satya_Anveshi.

You know when our parents name us or we chose handles that is name oursevles there is pwoer in the name: Namo namah! The elders say "Sardhaka namudu ayyanu" i.e "he truly lived up to his name!"

Satya_Anveshi means truth seeker and that should be your primary goal no matter what. Once truht is found you can formulate your opinions based on evidence.

So it helps all of us to reflect on what we call oursleves and be true to that. And lets all get this clear. No one is here to abuse our own people. There could be occassional anger and frustration but in our heart of hearts we really don't mean that. Knowing this it helps to take the hits and move on.

FWIW, I turly feel that Telugu resurgence will come from Telangana only. That is why am for united state.
Dasari
BRFite

Post by Dasari »

nvishal wrote:Rs 48 crore sanctioned to tackle T-stir
The home department has sanctioned an additional Rs 33.82 crore to the director- general of police for tackling the Telangana agitation.
Around Rs 4 crore was sanctioned to the additional DG(intelligence) for buying 204 CCTV cameras and associated equipment for installation at the AP High Court. The city police commissioner was sanctioned Rs 5.54 crore as additional funds.
Good. They should have done this two years ago when KCR incited OU and roped in Maoists.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Dasari and Nvishal, While the timing and stated reasons are linked to the current situation the locations(High Court, Cyberabad etc...) being secured are obviously related to the turmoil in the neighboring nation.
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

Devesh, I saw that you asked a question on naxals in the now-closed thread. I have my opinion from what I have read and only from that, its a bit controversial and gets too much into commie politics. I will have to sit down and write it carefully without causing too much takleef to too many people. Sometime later when I have the capacity to think with my head and not with my backside, which is the easier of the two...

Ramana, a scan of the Windmiller stuff is interesting, I will post sometime over the weekend in OT or elsewhere.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Yeah do that. Might want to put it in US-India thread for visibility.
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

I am sticking my neck out to interfere in 'anothers' issue.

Notwithstanding the huge ainvestments and anxieties of Andhra people,the GOI has to support the formation of Telengana.The people of Telengana have asked for it in no uncertain terms.There has to iron clad guarantees for Andhra people.Telengana politicians have to be incentivised with a fair share of hafta/rent on the bigger Andhra investments by an expert commitee taking into account a thorough study of such rent throughout India,including the present set up in Hydbd.

Telengana doras-Reddys/Velamas have as much right to hafta as the coasta/seema kammas/kapus/Reddys.Why should they be denied? After ten years,all doras can come together.

Hafta is my janmadhikaar and I shall have it-the motto of dominant political classes in many parts of India
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Satya-Anveshi garu

Please read this book when you have a chance to understand the reasons behind Telangana's backwardness.

Historical and Descriptive Sketch of Nizam's Domains

Enugula Veera Swamaiah Gari Kashi Yatra Charitra

The inconvenient fact is that the general governance was better in British ruled areas than non-British ruled regions.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

RamaY wrote:The inconvenient fact is that the general governance was better in British ruled areas than non-British ruled regions.
That is not an inconvenient fact - it is given. However all problems cannot be brushed aside with that explanation. The analysis can be begin in the context of merger and forward and yet we meet here.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

I am not able to understand.

We have three different concerns -
1. Political - Gentlemen's agreement: Following are list of AP CMs and their regions. We know that all these gentlemen got public mandate from across AP and yet the issue did not come up.
Name - Region - Duration in days
Neelam Sanjiva Reddy[4] - Rayalaseema - 1167
Damodaram Sanjivayya - Rayalaseema - 790
Neelam Sanjiva Reddy (second time) - Rayalaseema - 719
Kasu Brahmananda Reddy - Kosta - 2777
Pamulaparthi Venkata Narasimha Rao[5] - Telangana - 468
Jalagam Vengala Rao - Kosta/Telangana - 1547
Marri Chenna Reddy - Telangana - 950
Tanguturi Anjaiah [9] - Telangana - 501
Bhavanam Venkatarami Reddy - Kosta - 208
Kotla Vijaya Bhaskara Reddy - Rayalaseema - 111
Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao - Kosta - 585
Nadendla Bhaskara Rao - Kosta - 31
Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao (second time) - Kosta - 1903
Marri Chenna Reddy (second time) - Telangana - 379
Nedurumalli Janardhana Reddy - Kosta - 662
Kotla Vijaya Bhaskara Reddy (second time) - Rayalaseema - 794
Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao (third time) - Kosta - 263
Nara Chandrababu Naidu[10] - Rayalaseema - 3378
Yeduguri Sandinti Rajasekhar Reddy - Rayalaseema - 1938
Konijeti Rosaiah - Kosta - 448
Kiran Kumar Reddy - Rayalaseema - 316
2. Water Sharing - I read the post you wrote about tank-based agriculture and how the farmers are forced to make capital investments. I think that is a fair point. But aren't they getting major share of electricity subsidy?

3. Sentiment - Why didn't TRS won in all the areas they contested? Do you really think they will win all 119 MLA seats if elections are held today?
Last edited by RamaY on 08 Oct 2011 00:05, edited 1 time in total.
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

RamaY wrote:
Name - Region - Duration in days
Neelam Sanjiva Reddy[4] - Rayalaseema - 1167
Damodaram Sanjivayya - Rayalaseema - 790
Neelam Sanjiva Reddy (second time) - Rayalaseema - 719
Kasu Brahmananda Reddy - Kosta - 2777
Pamulaparthi Venkata Narasimha Rao[5] - Telangana - 468
Jalagam Vengala Rao - Kosta/Telangana - 1547
Marri Chenna Reddy - Telangana - 950
Tanguturi Anjaiah [9] - Telangana - 501
Bhavanam Venkatarami Reddy - Kosta - 208
Kotla Vijaya Bhaskara Reddy - Rayalaseema - 111
Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao - Kosta - 585
Nadendla Bhaskara Rao - Kosta - 31
Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao (second time) - Kosta - 1903
Marri Chenna Reddy (second time) - Telangana - 379
Nedurumalli Janardhana Reddy - Kosta - 662
Kotla Vijaya Bhaskara Reddy (second time) - Rayalaseema - 794
Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao (third time) - Kosta - 263
Nara Chandrababu Naidu[10] - Rayalaseema - 3378
Yeduguri Sandinti Rajasekhar Reddy - Rayalaseema - 1938
Konijeti Rosaiah - Kosta - 448
Kiran Kumar Reddy - Rayalaseema - 316
May be does it tell you that no T CM has been around for quite a while? And that too for no full five year term in a long time. And even if been around, has been primarily from Hyd and could have been perceived as just another person whose care did nt go beyond Greater Hyd. Strange are people's perceptions, no?! :P
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

we went thru this quite a while ago on this thread when I got interested in this issue..no progress..and we keep rehashing the same old. Also, try to look at cabinet mix while at it. Let's also look at the top jobs in bureacracy, job formations matrix by region , new projects initiations by region, new investments, new institutions created by region etc. I've also come across grievance saying institutions marked for interior Telangana were moved to capital on reasons that they will be accessible to "wider" population but similar criteria was discounted when setting up institutions elsewhere in andhra.

In previous posts, I tried to show how institutions were spread by region at a given point in time (I believe 90s before IT boom)...obviously now with engineering made easy..like "throw money and get a degree"..they are everywhere but you still find disparity in institutions where you need capital investments.

Saying that "relative growth of the region has seen big growth" and thus all is fine and dandy does not help as is done in so called "expert reports."
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Stan_Savljevic wrote: May be does it tell you that no T CM has been around for quite a while? And that too for no full five year term in a long time. And even if been around, has been primarily from Hyd and could have been perceived as just another person whose care did nt go beyond Greater Hyd. Strange are people's perceptions, no?! :P
Dear SS garu,

Only KBR, NTR, CBN and YSR ruled for full terms. Please note that. That is an INC issue not an AP/T issue.

Yes they are :wink: Since the so-called Telangana CMs are primarily from Hyd and could have been perceived as just another person whose care didnt go beyond Greater Hyd...

Greater Hyd should be given to Andhras or made an UT :P
Last edited by RamaY on 08 Oct 2011 00:04, edited 3 times in total.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Satya_anveshi wrote:we went thru this quite a while ago on this thread when I got interested in this issue..no progress..and we keep rehashing the same old. Also, try to look at cabinet mix while at it. Let's also look at the top jobs in bureacracy, job formations matrix by region , new projects initiations by region, new investments, new institutions created by region etc. I've also come across grievance saying institutions marked for interior Telangana were moved to capital on reasons that they will be accessible to "wider" population but similar criteria was discounted when setting up institutions elsewhere in andhra.
Could you please give the names of institutions that were established outside Hyd+Telagnana area? I am curious.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

1. What is stopping Telagana state formation? Who is stopping it?
2. When I went to Godavari districts, Vizag districts, no one really cares about if the separation is done or not. There is some resentment at the hate mongering and racist abuse by T vadis and T supporters aimed at these people but my general feeling is no one gives a damn and will vote based on their needs to CON party or TDP or Jagan.
3. The clowns in TRS have scared enough people in Hyderabad that they will loot and harm people physically once they gain the state. Their property rights will be taken away.
4. If the Sonia clan or MMS or Pranab have balls, they can call TDP, CON state party leaders, TRS into one meeting: Lets come to a public understanding. Lets not use the state division as political issue during elections to attack each other. T leaders will give an undertaking that people's citizen rights will not be violated. Then go ahead and partition. Unfortunately, the DIEnasty has no stomach for this. MMS lost all the moral standing in the eyes of the people. BJP should show some leadership: Bring Naidu, TRS, and people from all sides and create a consensus isntead of acting like goons.

The T state is not complex issue. The DIEnasty is playing games to make sure to get the 42 AP seats to make the CLOWN Prince next PM.

But then again, this is an issue that if all parties in the state sit across the table and show some maturity, you don't give a chance to DIEnasty or some foreign power to manipulate you. As I have seen in the debate in this thread, every one wants spit out venom rather than resolve it.

The CON gandoos and Naidu (TDP) have a moral obligation to create T state given their alliance with TRS and agreeing to the T state during election. The YSR got too smart in 2009 after years of talking T and hobnobbing with TRS all thru 2004-9, he attacked Naidu during the second phase of assembly elections as person responsible for the separate state.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

On the CT front, my gut feel is some one has ideas to carve it out a City/State model like Singapore/HKG in Asia; Vatican (of the south), Wash DC, and London city/state. These centers provide unique flexibility and peace of mind to carry out the empire management activitites. The two districts of rayalaseems are especially into their game plan. When you hear of Hyd as UT and two separate and independent capitals for Telangana and Andhra..then so called defenders of dharma have a biggest headache coming near home. Chennai may have outlived its purpose to them (or in execute playbook mode) with the settlement of Sri Lanka/LTTE conflict.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

^ Touche!

Devesh garu, Another dot to connect.

Long long ago I presented an idea of building 100 singapores - City states that are self-sustained economically. That would limit the human foot print to 2% of Indian land-mass. Adding 48% arable land for agricultural purposes, it would leave 50% land for forests/eco-economy.
Last edited by RamaY on 08 Oct 2011 01:25, edited 1 time in total.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

RamaY wrote:Could you please give the names of institutions that were established outside Hyd+Telagnana area? I am curious.
Open University which was initially planned out of Nalgonda was moved to Hyd..again due to administrative "convenience". JNTU (it appears) was initially planned out of Warangal and later moved to Hyd. While Anantapur and Kakinada locations served respective regions , Hyd location served the purpose of "settlers." IMO this should have been in one of the other Telangana districts. Agri universities exist in SeemAndhra while telangana location was again chosen to be Hyd.

Univ of Health Sciences is in Vijayawada and Women's Univ opened in Tirupati..no such reason needed for their movement.
Like I said..even till late 90s..besides Kakatiya at Warangal, there was no univ in Telangana outside of Hyd. No institutional bias?
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

It all depends on how we see it.

List of universities in AP. Most of these universities are setup/moved-to Hyderabad as they are meant to cater entire state's needs. Since Hyd is in the middle of Telangana it is part of Telangana.

Now imagine the loss to the other regions if Telangana steals :wink: Hyderabad from rest of AP.
Acharya N.G. Ranga Agril. Univ.
Andhra University
Central Institute of English &
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open
Dravidian University
University of Hyderabad
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University
Kakatiya University
Maulana Azad National Urdu University
Nagarjuna University
Nizam's Institute of Medical Sciences
N.T.R. University of Health Sciences
Osmania University
Potti Sreeramulu Telugu University
Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha
Sri Krishnadevaraya University
Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam
Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning
Sri Vinkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences
Sri Vinkateswara University
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

OK about NIT Warangal. The lore is that J.L. Nehru asked for land in Hyderabad to site an IIT. Then CM, N Sanjeeva Reddy told him to forget it. So it was setup elsewhere in a reserve forest!
Realising the mistake, when the Regional Engineering Colleges were offered the State gave the land near Kazipet, where RECW was establised. RECs were specifically in rural areas and not in already developed cities at that time.

In early 70s the Director of Technical Education, T.R. Doss decided he wants to be a VC. He couldn't be one for any of the existing utys as he got his BE from Guindy in WWII in one year. So he came up with a scheme to create a Technical Uty with the non-Uty campus engineering colleges: Nagarjuna, Kakinada and RECW and named it after JLN to get the UGC & Central govt blessings. He thus became the first VC. However he didnt want to be stationed in any of the distributed campuses of Warangal, Kakinada or Nagarjuna Dam site. So he took over the Govt Polytechnic campus near Saifabad College and setup his camp there. It also housed the Nagarjuna Engg college. Eventually after he retired the Nagarjuna Engg college was moved to current location but the JNTU remained there!

So thats how JNTU is in Hyderabad.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

^ :rotfl:

That is why our elders used to say "Don't ask about the roots of Rishis, Rivers and great-women/Pativratas". Perhaps time to enhance it to the t-nonsense.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

That's a pretty old list RamaY but do you want to identify locations of those univs and see for yourself.

Ramana...most convenient that is located in Kukkatpally which is in old city with majority muslims/telanganites :eek:. Would be a great inspirations to the rest of the folks from AP without even knowing such institutions exist.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

^ Please present the data.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

I asked you to identify locations which you can for the ones you listed and enlightent yourself.