India-Canada, Mexico and South America: News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Neshant
BRF Oldie

Re: India-Canada, Mexico and South America: News and Discussion

Postby Neshant » 24 Sep 2018 12:47

Those cops don't have clue what Khalistan is.

They thought it was meant to be an ethnic festival and we're flying the flag for good community relations.

Varoon Shekhar
BRFite

Postby Varoon Shekhar » 08 Nov 2018 22:04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cwcyLvoMps

Guys, by now everyone has heard of the CRA tax scam in Canada. The fraudsters were traced to India. Pretty serious swindle! But look at the comments to the CBC story. Some nasty stuff. Many of them are Paks and Chinese, but the majority seem to be Caucasian or of other ethnicities. I suppose the haters will use any excuse to hit out at India. Still, the sheer number of vicious remarks are upsetting. Should we expect this sort of stuff on a regular basis?

arshyam
BRF Oldie

Postby arshyam » 08 Nov 2018 22:56

Varoon Shekhar wrote:Should we expect this sort of stuff on a regular basis?

You mean some criminal will commit some crime online? You bet.

No offence, but what's the point of asking such rhetorical questions and hyperventilating over it? I don't know what this scam is about (hasn't made it to the news cycle here afaik), so can't speak to what some news portal comments say. Even if I did, I am sure these comments are at the same daily mail level of "they took aid from us and built statues!!" So, waste of time.

Came to this thread thinking some genuine news has come up. Sigh.

Varoon Shekhar
BRFite

Postby Varoon Shekhar » 09 Nov 2018 01:57

^
There wasn't a single mention of aid to India, among the hundreds of displayed comments. There were remarks like "India=scam", "Nuke them", "Use the money( from the fraud) to build toilets", and so on. The CRA( Canadian Revenue Agency) tax scam was big news in Canada. In the US, it was scamsters posing as IRS officers, demanding back taxes that were supposedly owed. I think it's fair to pose the question as to whether a major scam like this will negatively affect India.

Return to “Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum”