Internal Security Watch

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Re: Internal Security Watch

Post by Muppalla »

Sanku wrote:http://www.timesnow.tv/INDIA/Godhra-was ... 365914.cms

Godhra was a conspiracy: Special Court
There is so much of rhona-dhona on the Twitter as court observed that this is a conspiracy. Tavleen Singh write which verdict to beleive UC Benerjee one or this one.

Malini also could not hide her disappointment.

Though I am surprised at the rhona-dhona, I cannot understand the psyche where they want to ignore the train burning but want to crucify the CM for riots.
nkumar
BRFite

Post by nkumar »

I didn't know about the role of CON party goons in Godhra train burning and post-Godhra riots...came across two articles, one from communal side and one from secular side...both suggesting the role of CON party in riots.

http://www.rediff.com/news/2002/mar/25rajeev.htm
..................The Nehruvians twisted themselves into pretzel-logic in their eagerness to justify the unjustifiable: the carnage that was set off by the usual suspects, that is, Muslims with links either to Pakistani subversives or to the Congress party. The difference between the two groups is vanishingly small when it comes to pressing forward Muslim demands. Consider some implicated as suspects in the Godhra incident according to BJP sources, as reported by The Indian Express of March 5:

Mehmud Hussain Kalota, convener of the Congress district minority cell and president of the Godhra municipality
Salim Abdul Ghaffar Sheikh, president of the Panchmahal Youth Congress
Abdul Rehman Abdul Majid Ghantia, a known Congress worker
Farroukh Bhana, secretary of the district Congress committee
Haji Bilal, a known Congress worker

Haji Bilal seems to be hiding in Pakistan.

Cong silent on cadres linked to Guj riots
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 122796.cms
NEW DELHI: The Congress has been going to town over Best Bakery and other instances of the Narendra Modi government's complicity in the anti-Muslim violence which shook Gujarat last year.

But when it comes to the involvement of its own party cadre in the killings, 10 Janpath maintains a deafening silence. Even when confronted by a long-standing ally from the freedom movement days, the Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind.

According to the JUH, "most Congress corporators" and some Congress leaders of Gujarat had actively participated in last year's riots.

Mahmood As'ad Madani, JUH general secretary told The Times of India: "We wrote letters to Congress president Sonia Gandhi, gave a list of Congress leaders involved in the riots, asked her to take action against them but to no avail."

On April 29, 2002, for example, the JUH received a list of 25 Congress leaders from its Gujarat chapter, which was promptly forwarded to her. This included a former Congress minister, a sitting MLA and a former MP.

Then on August 20, Madani reminded Gandhi: "Similarly our appeal forwarded to you in respect of involvement of Congress MLAs, corporators and workers in Gujarat carnage along with the list of culpable names remains disregarded."

When contacted by TOI, Ambika Soni, in-charge of Gandhi's office, said she was not aware of the correspondence. Ahmed Patel, Gandhi's political secretary, to whom copies were marked by the JUH was not available for comment.

The JUH insists it had accurate information from the ground. For instance, its Gujarat branch had written to the police commissioner of Vadodara city on March 21 that, "After the Godhra incident an urgent meeting of the activists of the BJP, VHP, RSS and Bajrang Dal was held under the leadership of Yogesh Patel (MLA)... Chinnam Gandhi (Congress corporator)... They had alloted the activists their jobs, they made a plan and instructed the activists to carry out this work without any fear and told them that they would get full support of police officers."

The Gujarat JUH had mapped the Congress leadership even at the district level. Mehsana and Patan districts' list has 8 names of Congress leaders including local MP Atmaram Patel as having played a "negative role." A fax message sent on May 1 from Mehsana has this against Patel's coloumn: "Still has not come to help Muslims; taking sides in favour of a criminal person of Sardarpur and Ladoi village."

A list of 15 from Anand is headed by a secretary of Gujarat youth Congress. But to be fair to the Congress and the JUH, the report is all praise for the "positive role" played by Patan MP Pravin Rashtrapal.

JUH secretary N A Farooqui says: "The Congress has committed sins of omission and commission during the riots. Former MP Ehsan Jaffri had called up Sonia Gandhi for help. She didn't take a strong stand in her subsequent visit to Gujarat. The local bodies were mostly headed by the Congress which could have done a lot for relief and rehabilitation, but it was all left to the NGOs."

Though Farooqui maintains that the JUH "has not severed its relationship" with the Congress, the party's ambivalence has led to debates within the Muslim intelligentsia over which political formation is best placed to defend the country from the danger of communal division.

This is the real scandal of our times. Even in the much debated Gujarat-2002 riots, role of CON party is suppressed. This is similar to suppressing the fact that killer of Jessical Lal is son of a CON party heavyweight. I just wonder how the media would have played Jessical Lal murder if the killer was son of BJP MLA/MP.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

nkumar wrote:Haji Bilal seems to be hiding in Pakistan.
There is a Haji Bilal in the list of convicted people. Media is not saying if he is the same Congressman originally suspected.

List of 31 convicted in Godhra case
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

ramana wrote:

This article is psy-ops before the verdict to claim the victims are angry at Modi govt for not doing enough relief for them.

One thing the people should eschew is use strong words for they will be twisted by DDM for agenda purposes.

"Muppalla"
Though I am surprised at the rhona-dhona, I cannot understand the psyche where they want to ignore the train burning but want to crucify the CM for riots.
VISHWA HINDU PARISHAD
Sankat Mochan Ashram, RamKrishna Puram-VI, New Delhi-110022
Urgent Press

Hang ALL Jehadis who burnt Hindus alive
Dr Pravin Togadia Appeals to Courts

New Delhi, February 22, 2011

Appreciating the Honourable Sessions Court that worked under the
supervision of the Honourable Supreme Court for confirming that 58
Hindus were burnt alive in the Sabarmati Express under a Jehadi
conspiracy, Dr Pravin Togadia, International Secretary General of VHP
appealed to all courts to hang such brutal Jehadis.

Dr Togadia said, “It is welcome that 31 accused in the Godhra Train
burning case are convicted for criminal conspiracy to murder of 58 Ram
Bhakts, however I appeal to the state government to appeal against the
acquittal of the remaining 64 accused including Maulana Umarji. Then &
then only the families of the Hindus who were burnt alive will get
real justice.”

Dr Togadia further expressed, “There has been a larger ‘Victimize &
Persecute Hindus’ conspiracy going on by the political class & by the
so called pseudo secular media. It has been evident in the said Godhra
train burning case. First, the government removed POTA from the
accused; secondly the Union Government even went to the extent of
forcing the Justice Banerjee Committee’s vicious report that claimed
that the Hindus in the train burnt themselves alive! This was nothing
but the most shameful attempt to appease Muslims & sheer violation of
all Human Rights of the families whose near & dear ones were burnt
alive. The third attempt to demean & degrade Hindus has been going on
by the so called pseudo-secular media who without going into the merit
of the case have been running the campaign against Hindus & Hindu
Organizations. Hindus have noticed it not just in this case but also
in the post Godhra happenings coverage & as recently as in the biased
coverage of what the Union Govt termed as Saffron Terror. It is a
tragic paradox for the majority that when a Muslim dies in any blast
or fire, these biased people blame Hindus; but when Hindus are burnt
alive, the same group claims that Hindus burnt themselves – with fully
realizing how much they must be hurting the families who have been
waiting for justice so long! While running tear shedding stories of
the accused & their families, media almost boycotted the grieving
families of Hindus who were true victims!”

Dr Togadia continued, “Now that the Honourable Sessions Court has
accepted under the supervision of the Honourable Supreme Court that
under the brutal criminal conspiracy, 58 Hindus were burnt alive by
the Jehadis, as the law says, ALL conspirators must get the same
punishment by all the Honourable courts & that is only a DEATH PENALTY
& nothing less than that. I also appeal all in the judiciary & all the
political parties & all the governments that it is the duty of all
these to give justice to the families of 58 Hindus without getting
influenced either by the vote bank politics or by the biased channel –
panel media trials. Then & then only the human rights of these 58
Hindu families would be protected.”

Dr Togadia appealed to all Hindus in Bharat & in Gujarat to respect
the legal process peacefully.
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by abhishek_sharma »

BJP hails verdict, Congress says there is still hope

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-new ... 65602.aspx
"We are not aware of the content of the judgment...First we have to study the judgment," said Congress leader Jayanthi Natarajan.

"In a political sense, whatever the judgment with regard to Godhra incident, the communal violence that erupted in Gujarat (post the train carnage) remained a blot on democracy...It is a blot on the record of Narendra Modi for which he will always have to answer the people of the nation. We have to remind ourselves that whatever the judgment says, this is the first court ... I am sure that the litigants affected will have other recourse."

CPM leader Sitaram Yechury refused to react to the judgment. :rotfl:
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Did they figure out when the conspiracy was done and when the petrol was procured in containers?

Do police have informer network and rules to be intimated when large qty of petrol is procured in containers?
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Muppalla wrote:
Sanku wrote:http://www.timesnow.tv/INDIA/Godhra-was ... 365914.cms

Godhra was a conspiracy: Special Court
There is so much of rhona-dhona on the Twitter as court observed that this is a conspiracy. Tavleen Singh write which verdict to beleive UC Benerjee one or this one.

Malini also could not hide her disappointment.

What is the Fig Leaf that the UPA-1 and UPA-2( and crony NGO media) have been using to rule. Yes there is corruption everywhere even in Karnataka so no big deal that there is Corruption everywhere in the States and Central GOvernment ruled by us. But we are secular. Now if the Godhra Train burning turns out to be lit by Congress conspirators( remember this happened when Operation Parakram was on and Delhi Media- WKK NGO's and Washington wanted a distration away from Paki terror) and if this becomes Publicized that this was started to derail the NDA government, then even this fig leaf diappears.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

And for those who were salivating in their mouth, hoping to see Afsal Guru hanging from the gallows :P.
Afzal Guru's mercy petition not yet sent to president (Mathrubhumi:English)

Edited: Ramana, my statement was partly in jest (or being sarcastic). My comment was not targetted any person in the BR Forum (perhaps except me, who hoped to see Afsal Guru hanging from the gallows soon ;)).
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Sachin Why that kind of language? Who do you think is exhibiting that behaviour on this forum? Lets not use Ramanesque descriptors for the forum.

Thanks, ramana
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Jamaat tests waters to launch its own party

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/Jamaa ... ty/754013/
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

No time-frame for deciding mercy pleas: Chidambaram

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/No-ti ... am/753996/
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

abhishek_sharma wrote:No time-frame for deciding mercy pleas: Chidambaram
If I am not mistaken the last death sentence was carried out in the case of Dhananjoy Chatterjee. And that too, he was pretty old and had nearly served a life sentence. From all these statements made by the ministers, MHA what I can make out is this. Only a person,
i. who is a not a politican
ii. not connected to a major political party, or accused in any major crime as part of politics
iii. not part of any religion, caste, community which can play minority/majority politics and create problems for the govt. of the day.
iv. whose death would certainly be of no major loss/grief to the country or people.

Dhananjoy Chatterjee pretty much fit the bill.
ASPuar
BRFite

Post by ASPuar »

Dhananjoy wasnt very old. He was 39 when he was executed. His executioner, on the other hand, was 86 years old! But, agree on the other points.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

At NAC member’s NGO, they wait for Padma, wife of top Maoist

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/at-na ... t/754114/0

http://a.yfrog.com/img615/442/pr6.png
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Sachin, No problem. Just cranky yesterday.
Manu
BRFite

Post by Manu »

If I may ask, what have we done with Abu Salem since we extradited him from Portugal? Is he enjoying Biryani from Jail and running hs underworld 'business' from there?
Manu
BRFite

Post by Manu »

Answering my own question:

It seems he is sitting pretty in Jail and running his business from there. His own brother, Abu Lais, a "property dealer" has accused his brother (via police complaint) of threatening to kill him.

Abu Salem may even contest elections from Mubarakpur seat in Azamgarh.

His girlfriend, Monica Bedi is moving to Nepal to work in movies there.

All in all, it worked out pretty well for them - 93 Bomb Blasts, Gulshan Kumar and Pradeep Jain Murder Cases etc. just seem to be languishing.

What is stopping the conviction and death sentence I wonder?
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Manu wrote:Answering my own question:

What is stopping the conviction and death sentence I wonder?
Guarantee given by GOI (then NDA Govt) to Portugal of not executing them as a condition for extradition.
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Back on duty, on Godhra’s platform no. 1

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/Back- ... -1/755299/
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Four killed, four injured in Kerala bomb blast

Sachin ji additional inputs please
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

^^^From twitter:
Five Jihadis killed in Kerala while making bomb: http://bit.ly/fwpR8u
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Explosives seized from that Kerala Blast site
. . . seized 5 kg of gunpowder and raw materials for making steel bombs . . .

Police sources said those killed and injured in the incident were Indian Union Muslim League (IUML) workers.

The explosion occurred while the youths were allegedly trying to transfer steel bombs to secret locations.
Is this linked with upcoming elections ?
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

suryag wrote:Sachin ji additional inputs please
Current status:
Five killed, four injured in Nadapuram bomb blast
Crime branch team to probe Nadapuram mishap

From the initial reports I feel this may not have any communal angle. If you ask me, this whole Nadapuram side have people who are willing to kill and main each other for any silly reason possible. More than religious idealogy, it is the political idealogy which causes trouble here. Off course when it comes to the experts in violence CPI(M) continues to be the winner from time immemorial. But what has happened is that other parties too have started following the CPI(M) foot steps and now feel that violence is the only way forward.

Generally in the case of political violence, they only target selected people. Innocent bystanders or passersby are not targetted. And in most cases the dead (or severly injured chap) would be an accused (and out on bail) in another earlier attack. This specific blast seems to have happened in one of the "ordinance factories" of the political outfit. Every party has one, and this time the Indian Union Muslim League factory got busted.

IUML to give them due recognition has not been involved in any major communal rioting, or violence. Especially compared to folks like Abdul Nasser Mahdani, the NDF and PDP etc.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Manu wrote:If I may ask, what have we done with Abu Salem since we extradited him from Portugal? Is he enjoying Biryani from Jail and running hs underworld 'business' from there?
He has a special toilet of his own in jail.

Other convicts, wait on him hand and foot with the active connivance of the jail authorities, to whose retirement funds he is no doubt very generously contributing.

First class benefits will certainly include choice of biryani.

And some other comforts of home too, to soothe his restless butt.
Anindya
BRFite

Post by Anindya »

Not surprised by such claims - since, we see such happenings reported in Naxal hit areas too. the question is - why is this not being discussed on our media outlets...

http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/report_a ... an_1513345
Maharashtra chief minister Prithviraj Chavan on Sunday said "a European man" was involved in a false propaganda against the upcoming Jaitapur nuclear power project in the coastal Ratnagiri district.

"Some European man was showing a video film to the locals, so that they oppose this prestigious nuclear power project," Chavan told reporters here.
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

Maharashtra's first Doppler Radar installed in Nagpur
A Doppler Weather Radar (DWR), the first in Maharashtra, has been installed here for accurate predictions of monsoons, cyclones and other weather-related phenomena.

The DWR was installed on Sunday near the Babasaheb Ambedkar International airport in the city. It is the third such radar in the country.

The state-of-the-art S-Band doppler radar here has been provided by a Chinese company and is capable of weather surveillance up to 500 kms. It will cover the entire Vidarbha region, parts of Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh and Andhra Pradesh, said Retired Air Vice Marshal Ajit Tyagi, Director General of India Meteorological Centre.

It provides imageries derived from volume scan depicting location of clouds, expected rainfall from these clouds, horizontal winds and wind shear. The imageries are very good for weather analysis and forecasting, he said.

The DWR provides round-the-clock automatic observation of cloud mass and rain patches with updates every 10 minutes and will prove to be a boon for farmers who will not have to look to the sky for rains and clouds and henceforth will receive bulletins on their mobiles.

Plans are afoot to send feed to the Central Weather Bureau and then to super computer which will transmit data through Internet to farmers about accuracy of weather forecast, Tyagi said.

A DWR provides various meteorological, hydrological and aviation products which are useful for forecasters in estimating the storm's centre, fixing its position and predicting its future path. Besides, the Met staff can view thunderstorms, hailstorm, heavy rainfall in greater detail.

Maharashtra's second DWR, manufactured indigenously by the Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) is being installed later this month in Colaba observatory in Mumbai. It will cover the remaining distance between Nagpur and the metropolis
Earlier, Navy had objected to installation of this instrument in Mumbai's vicinity. If BHEL has a good radar to measure cyclones and weather changes (to which mumbai is more susceptible than Nagpur), why install a Chinese instrument in first place? why isn't BHEL given the order.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Atri wrote:Maharashtra's first Doppler Radar installed in Nagpur
A Doppler Weather Radar (DWR), the first in Maharashtra, has been installed here for accurate predictions of monsoons, cyclones and other weather-related phenomena.

The DWR was installed on Sunday near the Babasaheb Ambedkar International airport in the city. It is the third such radar in the country.

The state-of-the-art S-Band doppler radar here has been provided by a Chinese company and is capable of weather surveillance up to 500 kms. It will cover the entire Vidarbha region, parts of Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh and Andhra Pradesh, said Retired Air Vice Marshal Ajit Tyagi, Director General of India Meteorological Centre.

It provides imageries derived from volume scan depicting location of clouds, expected rainfall from these clouds, horizontal winds and wind shear. The imageries are very good for weather analysis and forecasting, he said.

The DWR provides round-the-clock automatic observation of cloud mass and rain patches with updates every 10 minutes and will prove to be a boon for farmers who will not have to look to the sky for rains and clouds and henceforth will receive bulletins on their mobiles.

Plans are afoot to send feed to the Central Weather Bureau and then to super computer which will transmit data through Internet to farmers about accuracy of weather forecast, Tyagi said.

A DWR provides various meteorological, hydrological and aviation products which are useful for forecasters in estimating the storm's centre, fixing its position and predicting its future path. Besides, the Met staff can view thunderstorms, hailstorm, heavy rainfall in greater detail.

Maharashtra's second DWR, manufactured indigenously by the Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) is being installed later this month in Colaba observatory in Mumbai. It will cover the remaining distance between Nagpur and the metropolis
Earlier, Navy had objected to installation of this instrument in Mumbai's vicinity. If BHEL has a good radar to measure cyclones and weather changes (to which mumbai is more susceptible than Nagpur), why install a Chinese instrument in first place? why isn't BHEL given the order.
Saar very difficult to pay kickbacks to orders from PSU, foreign Vendor can deposit in Foreign Bank account where KIn can use the money and to obtain proof is next to impossible, thats why
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

^^ death sentence announced for 11 "innocents" in the Godhra accidental fire case.

Stay tuned to the "secular DDM channels" tonight to see wholesome wailing and deep discussions about how communal India has become and how there is no hope left for other communities with the usual suspects being the panelists.
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

Aditya ji, I am worried about the region in which this chinese maal is installed. While I do not understand the technical part of this technology, I keep things simple. Almost every big city is approx 800-950 KM from Nagpur. that means, 500 km radius covers entire central india. Vidarbha is close to region of maopests. And when maopests are active in some region, papa-mao and his chelas will try and do anything to help them by any means whatsoever.. So nothing, not even fart of a chinaman should be allowed to linger in this region.. china's tendency to bug the instruments is well known.. then why taste the poison, hain ji?
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Atri-> National security is somthing which may worry the Aam Aadmi but apprently not the Babus and Politicians who signed this deal. Sometimes it seems this is the most unpatriotic country in the world where the Elite learn little from History.
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Since 11 people got death penalty in Godhra train burning case, we must start an "informed debate" on death penalty

Death penalty to spark debate

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Death-pen ... 68360.aspx

----

After MHA alert, hunt begins for 80 SIMI men from state

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/after ... te/756476/

----
Life term for 4 sons, she pleads: ‘Take me instead’

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/life- ... ../756616/
An unofficial caution was issued to mediapersons visiting the town, particularly the Ghanchi Muslim-dominated areas, which observed a complete shutdown on Tuesday. A prominent Muslim leader even warned journalists that they will not be responsible if anything untoward happened.
----
Minister Ahamed arranged passport for blast accused to flee

http://epaper.indianexpress.com/IE/IEH/ ... tml?Mode=1
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Calf head thrown into RSS office triggers tension

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city ... 606764.cms
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

^^From above article:
Both the IG and the Collector requested them to remain calm and assured them immediate action, state propaganda general secretary of the BJP Sasi Raman said.
Do national parties have a post called propaganda secretary or is this ToI bias/spin showing?
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Was Sunil Joshi killed for his links to SIMI?
Ever since the police began investigations into the Malegaon blasts [ Images ] case, Sunil Joshi's name has popped up during investigations at critical times. During the initial investigation, it was said that Malegoan blast accussed Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur was in a relationship with Joshi. However according to these people, Joshi was killed by members of the Students Islamic Movement of India [ Images ] and to avenge this, the Sadhvi decided to seek revenge by plotting the Malegaon blasts.

However, there is an entirely different version to this case now. The chargesheet filed by the Madhya Pradesh [ Images ] police states clearly that Sadhvi Pragya masterminded Joshi's killing.

The plan to counter Islamic terrorism was hatched several years ago. The likes of Colonel Purohit, Sadhvi Pragya Singh, Swami Aseemanand, Swami Dayanand Pandey, Sunil Joshi, Ramji Kalsanghra and the rest were all part of this. Joshi was a crucial operative.

When Abhinav Bharat was launched with its so called propaganda of protecting Hindu interests, they realised that they needed to monitor the movements of the SIMI [ Images ] which was undoubtadely the Lashkar-e-Tayiba's [ Images ] Indian outfit.

Abhivav Bharat were novices at spreading terror and they thought that they needed to trail the SIMI activists and also understand how they functioned. During the interrogation of Purohit it became clear that the manner in which the bombs were made were all adopted from SIMI cadres.

Abhivav Bharat wanted a man to mingle with the SIMI activists. Joshi was chosen for this job and he moved around with the SIMI cadres for nearly three years.

During this period he started sharing information about SIMI's activities and also picked up the manner in which they set up their modules and also procured equipment to carry out bomb blasts.

Today despite a chargesheet being filed against Sadhvi Pragya, confusion still looms large over Sunil Joshi's death. Speaking to the investigating agencies both in Madhya Pradesh police as well the Central Bureau of Investigation it becomes clear that Joshi had too much information with him.

The version that the police give out is that Joshi was absconding following the murder of Madhya Pradesh Congress leader Pyara Singh Nenama. There was a massive hunt for Joshi and his teammates felt that his arrest may lead to him spilling the beans on the entire outfit and their operations. However doubts are raised over this theory since a section feel that he was well protected since they had a friendly government in Madhya Pradesh and also the fact he was too committed to the cause to spill the beans.

Another angle which investigating agencies are seriously probing is Joshi's affiliation with SIMI. Investigating officers say during his stint with the SIMI, Joshi mingled with them all the time. In fact, his closeness to SIMI activists had started to worry his group members. They feared that he may spill the beans to the SIMI members or may even get caught with them since at that point of time, there was a crackdown on SIMI members.

During his last days there was a great deal of misunderstanding between Joshi and his team. Joshi maintained that he was only undertaking the job of counter-terrorism which was assigned to him. However his associates misunderstood this and felt that he may end up spilling the beans on them which eventually led to his murder.
Story keeps getting weirder and weirder every time the ATS "leaks" something to the secular media..
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Dr. Richard L Benkin in an article titled “Jihad Has Come To India” predicts that India is going to have an Islamic Terrorism problem emanating from Bangladesh:
March 03, 2011
Jihad Has Come to India
By Richard L. Benkin

Jihad has come to India. The Obama administration and the State Department will tell you that it is nothing more than isolated acts by individuals. The government in New Delhi will say you are stirring up anti-Muslim sentiment. The mainstream media will ask how you can say that when we are hearing nothing about it from them. But it is real, and it is happening now. I have seen it first-hand. The Obama administration's studied denial will find us caught as flat-footed in India as we were in Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, and elsewhere. The difference is that India is an economic and military giant, with nuclear weapons, and could be a cornerstone of any effective fight against radical Islam.

For several years, I have been talking about the progressive radicalization of Bangladesh. Although it is the only country that ranks among the ten most populous and the ten most densely populated, as well as being the second largest Muslim-majority nation, events there do not capture people's imagination. When you talk about India in the same context, however, people take notice. The thought of an Islamist dominated India scares the heck out of them and should. While our own strategic thinkers concentrate on internecine struggles in the Middle East, their obliviousness to the significance of an Islamist India has enabled our enemies to further their agenda.

I have spent several years along India's 2545 mile-long frontier with Bangladesh, and have seen the impact Bangladesh's radicalization has had on its giant neighbor to the west. Amitabh Tripathi, who has been fighting against what he calls his country's "soft policies," noted that Bangladesh's Muslims "are not radicalized but their institutions are." That radicalization and a level of corruption on both sides of the border that makes my fellow Chicagoans look like amateurs has already produced demographic change in many strategic areas of India. It also has given Muslim activists carte blanche throughout the entire country. The process is deliberate, has been going on for decades, and should send us a screaming warning signal, not only because of what it bodes for India, but also because of what sort of future the Obama administration's soft policies and tolerance for an open border to our south mean for the United States. ………………….

American Thinker
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Some psy-ops on Karnataka govt. Seems the flavour of the season is to diss the commision which gives "anti-minority" verdicts.

Minorities in Karnataka more insecure than ever
Tell us a bit about your report.

I have basically held the government responsible for the fiasco. There are about 37 incidents that have been reported and seven have been of a very high level. In these seven incidents, there was a lot of violence and the police were the ones who added to this.

It was the police who turned violent in these incidents and hence I blame the state machinery for this.

The police were only doing their job, which is to control the mobs. Do you agree?

No, I do not agree with this. An operation of this magnitude cannot be undertaken unless there is a backing from the state government and I have pointed this out in my report.

There are various attempts to link the chief minister and then Karnataka Home Minister V S Acharya to the organisations who carried out the attack -- the Bajrang Dal and the RSS.

Why don't you look at the background of the chief minister and the Acharya? They are RSS pracharaks. When they hold official positions, they cannot subscribe to the views of the RSS.

This is just not done. These people had gone to Mangalore following the attack. But not a word of sympathy was expressed.

The home minister had camped at Mangalore, Udupi and Kalladka for a long time during that period. A very powerful person in the RSS resides at Kalladka and it is common knowledge that the CM and the HM go and prostrate before him over there.

How strong was the role of the Bajrang Dal in that incident?

Very strong, I would say. The Bajrang Dal has openly admitted to this incident and now the head of the outfit, Mahendra Kumar, says that he had been asked to do it.

The CM has a responsibility and he should have ensured that the people of the state were protected.

Now coming to the Justice Somashekhar report. What do you think of it?

When there are 37 incidents of attacks, how could he have given such a report? The report is not yet out in the open in full and some people who have glanced through this report say that all the material has been produced before the commission despite which such a report has been put out.

If you recollect, he had said in the interim stage that he blamed the saffron groups for this incident. Then what changed at the end of it?

In the interim stage he had blamed the government and the saffron groups. When he came out with the interim report, the CM had held a press conference and said that such a report ought not to have been given out.

He also went on to say that the judge shared it with the media before he could with the government. Justice Somashekhara then said that there was no harm in doing so.

The chief minister then goes on to say that this was a commission set up by them and they did not expect the report to go against them.

Further he also said that he would wind up the commission. When the CM resorted to such arm-twisting, Justice Somashekhara was shaken up and he wrote to the CM asking for time.

The threat to wind up the commission forced him to give out such a report.

Would you suggest a ban on the Bajrang Dal and RSS?

No, I would not. That is not the solution. Regulating them would be the solution. The BJP can do it. It is a credible national party and the heads of the state have to exercise the power to control communal activity.

Do you think the minorities are insecure with the BJP government in Karnataka?

Minorities have never been as insecure as they are today. The Muslims are very heavily targeted in the coastal belt. The Muslim community is being singled out. This has never happened in the past.

Communal sentiment is out of control. The chief minister goes to temples and other mutts and announces large donations. Till date he has donated Rs 3,000 crore. Public money cannot be used like this. Why has he not donated it to other religious institutions?

What do you propose to do with your report?

The home minister's office never gives me time. They always say 'he is busy.' I intend giving it to the governor who, I hope, will pass it on to the chief minster. Let us see what happens then.

I honestly wouldnt mind what Sri.Saldahna says since he is a respected judge and would have ignored the interview but have to call BS on statements like:
All these aspects aside, what do you have to say about the charges of religious conversions in Karnataka?

I have dealt with the conversion aspect in detail. I have asked the CM whether there have been any complaints of conversion prior to September 2008. Have any cases been registered or are there any cases which are under investigation? I also went on to ask if there have been any convictions. There have been none.

However, post-2008, a few cases were filed and we got to know later that all these were false. So basically, these were cover-up cases.

Are you saying that there has not been a single case of conversion in Karnataka?

In this day and age, no one does things like this.{Yeah, right} :roll: :roll: Religion is a personal choice and people are too busy to do things like this. If there is a charge, then the onus is on them to prove it. Taking the law into their hands is not the solution.

What about the issue of foreign money being pumped in to fund religious conversions?

We have checked this aspect as well. If foreign money had come in, it would have been under the purview of the Foreign Exchange Regulation Act, and there is no such instance. Small sums have come in and these have not been misused. It has been used for the betterment of hospitals and educational institutions.
The guy is lying with a straight face and that is why the "minorities khatre mein hain" brigade gets my goat.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

More bad news from God's own ( abandoned) country:
Will SIMI's new avatar emerge from Kerala?
A recent alert from the Union home ministry indicating that the Students Islamic Movement of India is on the verge of re-grouping has put police officers across the country on alert.

Currently, law enforcement agents are on the hunt for 80 SIMI activists who they believe are crucial for the outfit to re-group.

While Uttar Pradesh [ Images ] continues to be a major hub for SIMI cadres, the worry for security agencies are pockets in Kerala and Karnataka [ Images ].

Sources in the Intelligence Bureau point out that some crucial operatives from the Lucknow [ Images ] and Azamgarh regions in Uttar Pradesh have moved to south India and are looking to re-group there.

The IB sources believe the Indian Mujahideen [ Images ], the home-grown terror outfit, could merge its cadres with SIMI.
IB sources believe Iqbal Bhatkal, Asadullah Akthar, Abdul Kareem, Karman, Akthar Kareem Amil Parwai, Alla Baksh, Sageer, Mohamad Sadiq, Irshad Khan, Sadiq Anwar and Hafiz Asif are among the individuals who could play a vital role in the regrouping of SIMI-IM cadres.

Most of these individuals hail from UP and have gone missing from the state. Most of them are suspected of having moved to Karnataka or Kerala.

While the SIMI's presence is lower in Karnataka, the problem is Kerala. IB sources say Kerala continues to be the biggest headache for law enforcement authorities after Uttar Pradesh.

The IB sources add it was obvious that SIMI would choose Kerala over other states considering the political support it enjoys there.

Despite periodic crackdowns and a ban, SIMI has never halted its activities. Its cadres continued supporting IM members with logistical support and funds.

SIMI conducts its activities under the cover of nearly 12 different outfits in Kerala. The IB believes Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi and Kondotty near Mallapuram are hubs of SIMI activity.

SIMI cadres have over the years set up religious centres and social service organisations in these areas and under the guise of running these networks they have spread their ideology -- governing life on Islamic principles; propagation of Islam; and jihad for the cause of Islam.
joshvajohn
BRFite

Post by joshvajohn »

‘Qaeda routing money to India via Peru’
http://www.indianexpress.com/news/-Qaed ... u-/757494/