Internal Security Watch

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
kshatriya
BRFite

Re: Internal Security Watch

Post by kshatriya »

^^Nope the hugging guru is from Kerala...
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Kandahar hijack suspect arrested in J&K

JAMMU: Mehraj-ud-din Dand, a terrorist wanted for his involvement in the hijacking of flight IC-814 flight to Kandahar and other terror attacks, has been arrested by the Jammu and Kashmir police, a senior police official said Thursday.

The terrorist, suspected to be involved in many militancy related incidents in India and abroad, was arrested from an undisclosed location on the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway on Wednesday night, the official said
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

^^ Kudos to the agencies.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

^ Hope he meets his legal 72 before some WKK cries to release them in return for something.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Poor Innocent J&K IM being tortured by AGencies when the crime was done by Hindu Fascists. Waiting for NDTV to show his family claiming him to be innocent.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

He might know more details of the hijackers and possibly of their wherabouts. Expect more dossiers.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

ramana wrote:He might know more details of the hijackers and possibly of their wherabouts. Expect more dossiers.
Yeah that'll keep them warm during the upcoming winter.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Sigh.
nakul
BRFite

Post by nakul »

Comments on beef and pork festival disrupt debate
Sandeep used unparliamentary language against students’ group, The New Materialists,who had announced that a beef and pork festival would be held on the campus later this month.

He also criticised the AISA-led unions’ efforts to collect funds for the Burmese refugees earlier this year and the reservation policy for admissions.
An eight-member delegation of the Vishwa Hindu Parishad, Bajrang Dal, Akhand Hindusthan Morcha and the ABVP met the JNU Vice-Chancellor S K Sopory on Thursday and submitted a memorandum demanding action against the organisers of the beef and pork festival.

VHP spokesperson Vinod Bansal told Newsline that the delegation has given the university time till Friday to debar the candidates from contesting in the elections and also suspending them from the university. “If no action is taken, we will complain to the L-G,” Bansal said.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

Fanatics are targetting nationalists like me’
The Bangalore Crime Branch (BCB) on August 30 arrested 11 members allegedly affiliated to Harkat-ul-Jihad-al-Islami and Lashkar-e-Tayyeba. This pre-emptive strike by the police has averted a major terror strike, which these men are accused of having plotted. Part of this plot reportedly included assassinating prominent businessmen, politicians, and two journalists working in the Kannada language media. One of these is the renowned Kannada journalist and Kannada Prabha columnist Pratap Simha.
PS has written critical articles on terrorism/ROPers.
Sandeep B: Thanks Pratap for agreeing to do this interview. First, the obvious question: How do you feel, being a target of a failed terror attack?

Pratap Simha : I’m really not anxious but you can say I’m disturbed because I have a 7-month old child and a disabled wife… not that I’m scared… I’ll get to that later. It was different when I was a bachelor. You see, people behind such attacks won’t achieve anything by killing one or two writers. If they do, hundreds of other writers will crop up. These people need to change their mindset.
PS: Let me give you some background. In 2007, I wrote a column titled ävarige sigabahudu kanyearu 70 namage maatra aapattu (They might get 70 virgins but we only get danger). This piece created a huge storm. My point is, this is not the first time I’ve faced threats. I continue to receive hundreds of hate mails and protests. Even my last Saturday’s column elicited a hate message which I deleted. I have never cared for these things. Another example: in 2003, I wrote an article condemning protests by Jaffer Sharief and Deve Gowda who took out a huge procession in Bangalore condemning the US attack on Saddam. I faced a lot of heat for this piece too. See, I don’t like living in fear.

Anyway, to answer your question, I was alerted yesterday morning by my editor about this threat to my life. So far, all these attacks and threats were at a very small level. But I must admit, I hadn’t imagined they would escalate to terrorist-levels.
PS: What we are now seeing is a worrying brand of entirely home-grown terrorism operating on remote control from Saudi, Middle East. Of those who were arrested, one was a local “boss” hailing from UP. Another north Indian was operating from Saudi, giving plans and instructions.

By and large, Islamic radicalism of the Wahhabi brand is rapidly increasing in the state. In coastal Karnataka, the kind of radicalism we’re seeing now was completely absent even 15 years ago. In South Canara one was used to seeing these grand churches but now we can see imposing mosques with huge and high walls, almost like fortresses. Local Muslims back then used to mix freely with people of other faiths but now there is a marked distance.

Anyway, the spread of Wahhabism is worrying because it preaches that a Muslim’s primary allegiance is to Islam and not to the nation. These preachers target impressionable teenagers and youths whose minds are not yet mature, who are hot-blooded and receptive to brainwashing. All those arrested today are aged between 20-30. These youths are so indoctrinated that they have no thought about things like their own future, the implications of their acts on their families. They care nothing about even basic things like hurting others’ feelings. It’s a very disturbing trend. This phenomenon is not restricted to India but elsewhere in the world where Islamic radicalism is on the rise. Also, this mindset is dangerous in any community. This development does not bode well for Karnataka.
PS: The police raid revealed that these guys had downloaded all my pieces that took a pro-nationalistic stand as well as those that were critical of Islamic terrorism. They had also downloaded photos of Mr. Modi with me and Mr. Bhat.

Now, Muslims are obviously angry with Modi for right or wrong reasons. Hindus equally have reasons to admire Modi. For the record, I admire Modi because he has provided credible leadership, effective governance and delivered on all his development promises in Gujarat. I’ve written a book on him. The secular media and Muslim outfits which have attacked Modi for 10 years — why should they be angry with Modi’s supporters and try to silence their voices?

See, I’ve never supported the killing of Muslims or Hindus or any other community. These people targeted me because they thought I am close to Modi. When I wrote that book, allegations were made that I had taken Rs. 2 Crore from Modi to write it!
PS: Yes. Because in the last 13-14 years in my journalism career, I have seen nobody supporting Hindu and nationalist causes as candidly as I have. That’s why I have been branded anti-Muslim whereas I am not against any religion. My inspiration is Swami Vivekananda. Remember his quote about taking all the mud from the bottom of the ocean? He too wasn’t against either Christianity or Islam. He just pointed out the damage they had caused. I’m doing the same. I have never ever condemned the practices, traditions and customs of Muslims. I have also condemned Hindu misdeeds, and have even criticised Swamis. I have deep respect for Hindu traditions. How does that make me anti-Muslim?
PS: In 2007, about 30 people had come to my office to attack me when I wrote that 72 virgins article. If I had to change my writing, I would have done so back then. No question of changing now or in the future because it means abandoning my convictions. There is no life for me if I give up my convictions.
PS: You’re right, it is worrisome. But it’s nothing new. Lots of brainwashed fundamentalists hold white collar jobs. There’s that Yahoo techie, affiliated to Indian Mujahideen who sent out threatening emails, a Bangladeshi (?) woman who was caught smuggling sensitive information from ISRO in the 90s, an intern who was caught smuggling secret information from HAL, etc. Indians looked at Muslims with suspicion post-partition because their demands led to the creation of Pakistan. Now, when these incidents keep happening repeatedly, such suspicion is reinforced.

See, it is okay if ordinary people don’t give much weight to things like nationalism, etc. But people working in places like DRDO, army, etc. If they are brainwashed against the nation, it is a cause for anxiety.
PS: I must express my heartfelt gratitude to the government which responded instantly by giving me 24/7 security.

All I want to say is that people who are born and brought up in this nation, which has given them food, clothing, and shelter and citizen rights and jobs. To these people, I appeal: please do not bomb this nation from within. It will serve no purpose.
great interview.
Anindya
BRFite

Post by Anindya »

US consulate targeted in Chennai over anti Muhammad film
CHENNAI: Muslim protesters pelted stones and footwear at the US consulate in Chennai on Friday. A rally protesting the depiction of Prophet Mohammed in a movie turned violent near the consulate.

Window panes of the inquiry counter and a police booth near the entrance of the consulate were damaged. Police resorted to lathi-charge to disperse the protesters. Twenty-five people suffered minor injuries.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

^ By accepting this Muslim bullshit every time something "allegedly" happens somewhere in the globe, the world is fueling the Muslim nonsense.

This is not secularism, this is not governance irrespective of the governance model and political party in power.

The Indian Muslims have no business to disturb law-and-order based on religion, when it happens somewhere else, be it in India or outside. They should keep their religion in their house.

These guys must be shot at sight to set the precedence.
nakul
BRFite

Post by nakul »

^This is similar to political netas using(abusing) their power to force their diktat. The muslims are nothing but a show of power. They act like other 2 bit netas & their followers. Islam must be treated like Nazism & Fascism. They show equal apathy to other points of view.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Since we are a (sic) SECULAR nation, citizens cannot disturb the law and order based on their religious (right or wrong) grievances, especially when it happens somewhere in space and time.

If this Muslim nonsense is permitted to go unabated, people going berserk for what happened in USA four months ago, tomorrow someone can go on a rampage for what some jew said something in a desert land 1200 years ago.
nakul
BRFite

Post by nakul »

^

When the church can create protests because we did not buy its funders' merchandise in Kudankulam, the muslims have a more legitimate need. All religions are equal onlee...
As long as it is not the Hindu fundamentalists who are India's greatest security threat (TM)
--- Rahul Baba
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

by Nakul
Hindu is the religion that recognizes multiple paths to God. There were Ram, Krishna, Nanak, & many gurus born in it. All of them believed in the same set of principles.

Unlike other religions, it is extremely difficult to make Hinduism a tool for manipulation. While this may make it appear weak, it is astoundingly resilient. The fern that bends and straightens when the wind blows is more powerful than the oak that stands upright & gets uprooted..
The definition of Dharma is "dharma are the natural universal laws whose observance enables humans to be contented and happy, and to save himself from degradation and suffering. Dharma is the moral law combined with spiritual discipline that guides one's life. Hindus consider dharma the very foundation of life. It means "that which holds" the people of this world and the whole creation. Dharma is the "law of being" without which things cannot exist. "

Sri Guru Arjan Dev ji says in Guru Granth Sahib

Bhai Parapat manuk Dehuriya Gobind Milan ke eih teri Bariya
"Having gotten the human body it is your only Path to meet God"

Awar kaaj tere kite na kaam, mil saadh sangat bhaj keval naam.
"There is no other work for you but to meet like minded folks and medidate, sing bhajan" so! Bharat-rakshak is a good Sangat.

Sram jam laag bhavjal taran ke, janam birtha jaat rang maya ke
"Make every effort to cross this world ocean, keeping yourself clear of Maya and false egos"

Jap Tap Sanjam Dharam na Kamaya, Sewa Saadh na jaanya har raaya
"I have not Meditated on self restraint, Self discipline, Righteous living, neither have I served and good Sangat"

Kaho Nanak Hum Neech Karma, Saram Pare ke Raakho Sarma
"Says Nanak that my actions are not good, I seek your sanctuary please save me"

Here is the same Shabad sung in Raag Asa

member_19686
BRFite

Post by member_19686 »

Muslim party members attack Chennai US consulate, pelt stones

Chennai: Activists of a Muslim party picketed the American consulate in Chennai on Friday and pelted stones at it protesting against Innocence of Muslims' Movie by Sam Becile

Slogan-shouting Tamil Nadu Muslim Munnetra Kazhagam activists used logs besides stones to damage window panes of a structure in the front of the heavily fortified consulate, police said.

Officials at the US Consulate said all the staff were safe.

"The protestors came around 4.15 pm and threw stones at the Consulate, damaging the perimeter wall. All the staff members are safe," a Consulate spokesperson said.

TMMK president J S Ribayee said in a statement the picketing was to register their protest against the film. Innocence of Muslims' Movie by Sam Becile

IBNLIVE
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Blah Blah...Allah Ballah...Get a job.
kshatriya
BRFite

Post by kshatriya »

member_23367
BRFite

Post by member_23367 »

where the heck are the predators when you need one.One or two hellfire from above would have cleared some garbage.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

I hope you are talking about the resident bredators and not Paki national bird.

Why would you want America to drone in chennai? Do you feel bad if GoI do the same?
nakul
BRFite

Post by nakul »

I feel he is talking about the Paki national bird. We have Hellfires here in India, just in case. Anyway, what exactly are those people trying to achieve? It is not that America is going to be affected by all this. Their brothers in North Africa are doing a stellar job. They are acting as wannabes. Must have learnt their art at a down the road madarsa. There is no one to stop them. That is why people get drawn to regional parties like SS. They actually perform a better job at law and order than the ruling establishment.

*Hellfire is not required. Helina would do*
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

The question is why not StateGovs/GoI impose 141 or curfew and shoot a few of these wannabes?

Why is JJ sitting quite when such nonsense is happening in her state capital? Just give orders to the police to be serious about their duty.

And give a statement that she "understands the sentiments of muslim brothers but she cannot accept that they come on streets and create destruction every time someone does something somewhere. Indians must put India first".

By the way, where are our resident apologists who say for IMs I comes first.
pentaiah
BRFite

Post by pentaiah »

Ramay Saar ji

This Chennai tamasha is Blues brothers Karuna and Satlin private equity venture, they want to unseat JJ at any cost,
Kudankulam also is a parallel venture in this regard.
member_23367
BRFite

Post by member_23367 »

RamaY wrote:I hope you are talking about the resident bredators and not Paki national bird.

Why would you want America to drone in chennai? Do you feel bad if GoI do the same?

Ramay,That was Sarcasm,and no I wouldn't want any other country to enter into India's airspace.On the side do you feel the secular govt of India can do anything.Hell,we have Owaisi types on their payroll who ridicule the religions of majority openly and still go unquestioned.
In short,these people are nothing but Political mercenaries.Every country and every party uses these guys to create panic world wide.
anchal
BRFite

Post by anchal »

Flash news: Riots in Ghaziabad after a certain "holy book" was found desecreted on railway tracks. One person killed, dozen of vehicles torched by the members of a 'certain community'
Interesting times.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Interestingly such incidents (holy bool tearing, burning etc.,) happen only in minority-dominated/controlled areas.

Hmm...
kshatriya
BRFite

Post by kshatriya »

In a way its good that Chennai saw what these guys are capable off.. One thing that stands out is several IT vity types have taken leave in advance to participate in these protests...One can see these neatly tucked and dressedup guys rioting... Talk about only the poor and illiterate are capable of such these things....

JJ has become very soft..due to the vote bank factor...90 odd people are arrested..But they will be back on the streets very soon...

IMO, I don't think Dr Artiste and Sons have anything to do with this...TMMK has been itching for a showdown to show their relevancy in TN... Artiste and co are tied down by other factors.. Even in Kodankulam, Their media channels have reported pro Govt... Some of their journos have been targetted by the EJ crowd in Kodankulam
member_19686
BRFite

Post by member_19686 »

Defaced Quran triggers riot in Ghaziabad, cop vans burnt
HT Correspondent , Hindustan Times
Ghaziabad, September 15, 2012

People in some villages near Indirapuram in Ghaziabad district took to vandalism and rioting on Friday after a copy of the Quran was found on the train tracks allegedly with abusive comments scribbled on various pages. It was also learnt that the people were even more incensed when they called a mobile number written on the pages and were abused.
“The area is inhabited by residents belonging to a particular community and both the news and anger at the incident spread like wild fire as soon as the pages were discovered,” a source said.

While commuters had to put up with traffic jams, the rioters allegedly looted people travelling in buses.

Four persons were injured and more than 60 vehicles either torched or vandalised.

The police blockaded National Highway 24, the centre of the episode, for hours.
The security men had to resort to firing in the air and use tear gas shells to control the situation. Reinforcements from five other districts had to be called in to maintain law and order.

The Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC), a unit of the Uttar Pradesh police, was summoned after more than 200 rioters stormed police stations and indulged in arson.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-new ... 30203.aspx
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

RamaY wrote:The question is why not StateGovs/GoI impose 141 or curfew and shoot a few of these wannabes?

Why is JJ sitting quite when such nonsense is happening in her state capital? Just give orders to the police to be serious about their duty.
Once the protest turned violent, there was a police lathi charge and some 20 odd rioters were injured. Hopefully some b@lls were broken, so that they dont propagate their genes any further
kshatriya
BRFite

Post by kshatriya »

There seems to be 1000+ rioters

Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

kshatriya wrote:In a way its good that Chennai saw what these guys are capable off.. One thing that stands out is several IT vity types have taken leave in advance to participate in these protests...One can see these neatly tucked and dressedup guys rioting...
Wonder how long before they are queing up outside the very same complex, with visa applications and documents in hand.

Will the consulate folks oblige?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Recall when NE folks were being smssed out of Chennai among other places?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

I showed by AoA attack video to my wife, who is a uber sikular though gradually she is seeing the light...keep them coming.
pentaiah
BRFite

Post by pentaiah »

It took 11 years to convince SHQ and the near and dear family about the TSP perfidy and the bearded wallhs
duplicity , only now in the flames of embassy burning & storming, SMSSes they are seeing in true light

But I put my foot down declared martial law to stop anything made in TSP to enter our home period.
kshatriya
BRFite

Post by kshatriya »

The seculars were released last night.... Cannot believe they got away so easily in Chennai
member_23629
BRFite

Post by member_23629 »

Singha wrote:I showed by AoA attack video to my wife, who is a uber sikular though gradually she is seeing the light...keep them coming.
After my discussions with SHQ over the years about monotheism, its vision of world domination and uncompromising bigotry, and how the monotheists operate in relation to other people (conversions, over-breeding, love jihad, terrorism, temple breaking, hate literature about the pagans, etc.), she is now Veer Savarkar incarnate. :mrgreen:

What I have found is that while in the home of the monotheists, discussions about infidels and pagans and how to screw them are every-day affair, in Hindu homes, parents only talk about studies and jobs. So the knowledge about threats to the faith and race doesn't get transmitted to the rest of the family.

Hindu men are loathe to talke about this aspect at all to their wife and kids, and then have their knickers in a twist when their daughter elopes with a Muslim or becomes a convert at the church. Children and women remain clueless about the wider world of monotheists and their behaviour.
Last edited by member_23629 on 15 Sep 2012 10:20, edited 2 times in total.
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

Islamic fundamentalism runs very deep in India. The secular vadis of India has made the Indian muslims to be very fundamentalist in nature. Whatever is their dress code, eating habit, is not that matters, Most of them are having a fundamentalist viewpoint on many matters. Also a majority of the poor Indian Muslims are now under the control the religious book. Taught in Madrasas, and at minority educational institutions, they are many times more religious then their previous generation. Its time to shut down Madrasa education in India, remove all religious hatred being taught at any place. Replace all those hatred things with freedom. Also allow the Indian Muslims to choose the ideology that they can believe in. That will help to sort out this problem of Islamic fundamentalism in India.