Internal Security Watch

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
prahaar
BRF Oldie

Re: Internal Security Watch

Post by prahaar »

svinayak wrote:
nageshks wrote:Folks,
I am posting this here, since I am not sure where else it fits. Over the last couple of weeks, I have been travelling in Europe (France, Germany, and Hungary, to be precise). I have been asked by at least half a dozen people (people like book store keepers and taxi drivers, not all highly educated folks) exactly why India has a rape epidemic. It is vain to tell them that India has a much lower rape rate than US. They all seem convinced that there is something to do with the caste system in India that causes all rapes (although the castes indulging in rape seems to vary from person to person). Wondered if anyone else has been having this experience. Has India been already demonised as a rape capital?
Welcome to the world propaganda warfare.

The real intention was to make Indians seem not fit for the western female. But the image has turned into something else.

But India has dealt with this kind of image war during the British days and should be able to handle this.

But check the source of those article - lot of them has TSP and PRC hands around it.

The image of a prosperous Indians is not acceptable
Just as a counter, there was a recent case of a British celebrity of sexual assault of 12 minors who was awarded a mere 5 years and 9 months.

In Sweden the rape rate is much higher than most other countries in the world. Finland is still considering to change law to treat sexual assault as criminal law.

Recently there was a case of multiple sexual assault of minors by two dance teachers in Finland over the years, they were given less than 18 months combined sentence. Even with that they were like to spend less than half of that in prison. The Finnish news was discussed in detail in social media but national media did not report it. This in a country of 5 million.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Is that her picture or that of someone else?
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by abhishek_sharma »

I believe it is her picture.
Anand K
BRFite

Post by Anand K »

http://www.rediff.com/news/report/isiss-rise-gives-a-boost-to-wahhabism-in-india/20140707.htm
An IB official says there was a dedicated set of persons in Saudi Arabia who travel across the world to ensure that the Wahhabi culture is imposed. In many cases, especially in Kerala, there have been tussles to take control of mosque. In some cases, funds from Saudi Arabia have been pumped in to bribe trustees of a particular mosque, who hand over control of the mosque to the Wahhabis.

For instance, a mosque in Nagpur was in a bad shape and needed immediate renovation, but the mosque administration was in no position to do so for the lack of funds. The Wahhabis saw this as an opportunity, and pumped money into its renovation which helped them gain control over the mosque.

While there are tussles to take control over mosques, Saudi preachers have tried taking control of madrasas as well....
ashish raval
BRFite

Post by ashish raval »

^^ this has been the modus operandi of Wahhabi since 1995 or so when their coffers started overflowing with oil money. To keep their conservative folks happy they started diverting funds into other nations and buy peace in return within kingdom. Low hanging fruits like pukes, Afghans, Malays, Indonesian, north Africa were first round, now its turn to go full throttle in nations such as india, central Africa and Latin America.
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

^^^
We can stop this only when we have leverage on them, ability to hurt them inside their own country. We need to start becoming a player in the Gulf and stop being a bystander.
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

Dont think that the take over of mosques took place recently. This has been happening in Kerala for the last 15 YEARS. Indeed 15 years was the last time i saw it. Very recently whenever you are in Kerala, what you see is Black Abayas and no more you see the local Muslim custom or dress. Everything Muslim has been Arabized. Kerala's muslims has lost their culture. Can there be a revival movement. I dont know. It must come from Muslims themselves.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

uddu wrote:Dont think that the take over of mosques took place recently. This has been happening in Kerala for the last 15 YEARS. Indeed 15 years was the last time i saw it. Very recently whenever you are in Kerala, what you see is Black Abayas and no more you see the local Muslim custom or dress. Everything Muslim has been Arabized. Kerala's muslims has lost their culture. Can there be a revival movement. I dont know. It must come from Muslims themselves.
Not a chance. These guys are lost for good.
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

uddu wrote:Dont think that the take over of mosques took place recently. This has been happening in Kerala for the last 15 YEARS. Indeed 15 years was the last time i saw it. Very recently whenever you are in Kerala, what you see is Black Abayas and no more you see the local Muslim custom or dress. Everything Muslim has been Arabized. Kerala's muslims has lost their culture. Can there be a revival movement. I dont know. It must come from Muslims themselves.
This is happening to TN muslims at a very very fast rate. There are some Arabic schools that are run with Saudi money which give free educations with boarding and lodging. Many muslims who have several kids and cannot afford to feed all of them send one or two kids (boys) to these Arabic schools. Already many TN muslims (many whose ancestors converted during mughal / Nawab rule few hundred years ago) have started claiming that Urdu is their mother tongue and not Tamil. Very soon they might start claiming that Arabic is their mother tongue!
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

^^ already happened to SL muslims i guess. Most claim Arabic/Urdu as mother tongue!

Entire south India seems a lost cause as far as "minority" integration goes since the current IMs there have no relation with the locals ( IMs in Ktaka, TN, Andhra, Kerala etc speak and behave like Arabs rather than native folks)!
Sridhar K
BRFite

Post by Sridhar K »

Situation is very similar in TN like Kerala. The ersthwile Thanjavur and Nagapattinam district, are getting completely islamized with new mosques from Saudi money. The area has a lot of people who go to Gulf especially Saudi. Based on the feedback from few relatives in the area who have muslim friends, the advise from jamaat to common IM is that
a) buy as much land as possible. It is followed religiously.
b) put the children in an hindu school instead of christian schools as hindu schools are secular.

#a I guess is for creating a dar-ul-islam which then can be a trigger movement for a separate tamilistan later. The appeasement politics of the DMK and ADMK are not looking at an internal security threat
member_28539
BRFite

Post by member_28539 »

My father was posted in Thambaram, Chennai from end 2002- early 2004...my mother was surprised one day when none of the maids that usually came to our enclave for work didn't turn up...it was later found that all these people had converted to be IM..around good 50 odd families (mostly BPL) the tributes given for this convertion were 3k cash, few kgs worth of rice & other small goodies...their entries were then restricted in Mil. residential areas...I was a kiddo back then in 6th standard & heard of name changes in School (KV) registers every second week...people turned Junaid/Joseph from Jaganathan overnight :roll:
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

^^^^ This problem can be solved only by delinking proselytisation from the concept of religious freedom and ban it in India, as originally envisaged by the constituent assembly.
shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

2 killed in police firing in Bihar's Rohtas district after communal tension
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 048720.cms
Jul 9, 2014
SASARAM: Two people were killed and seven others injured when police opened fire to prevent a mob from attacking and burning a police station in Bihar's Rohtas district, 200km from Patna, around 10am on Tuesday.

While Pradeep Paswan and Upendra Kushwaha died on the spot, the injured were taken to Dehri-on-Sone, Gaya and Varanasi (UP) hospitals.

The trouble began on Monday when a youth of neighbouring Akbarpur village circulated an objectionable picture of a religious leader through an MMS among members of another community. As people complained about religious sentiments having been hurt, the police arrested one Ajay Sah for allegedly sending the objectionable MMS.

Reports reaching the district HQ town Sasaram said Sah's arrest and his alleged thrashing by the police led to communal tension in the area on Monday evening. Amid mounting pressure for release of Sah, the police shifted him to Dehri-on-Sone on Monday night. On Tuesday morning, rumours started doing the rounds that Sah died in police lockup.

Soon a strong mob carrying lethal weapons and firearms headed from Akbarpur to the Rohtas police station. When the police tried to intercept them 100m before the police station, the mob pelted bricks and stones. A police jeep was set on fire.

The police opened fire, killing Pradeep Paswan of Sundarpur village on the spot and injuring three others.

The mob reassembled after some time and marched to the police station. A few vehicles on the way were set afire and the police station was attacked. The police opened fire for the second time, killing Upendra Kushwaha on the spot and injuring four others. Rohtas SP Chandan Kumar Kushwaha said 14 police personnel and three magistrates were injured in the mob attack. Ten government vehicles, including an anti-landmine van, were damaged. The mob also looted two self-loading rifles and around 500 cartridges from the police station. One of the two rifles was later recovered.

The police have sealed the Dehri-Rohtas road for public movement. Two companies of Rapid Action Force have been called from Uttar Pradesh while police reinforcements have come in from neighbouring towns.
SPattath
BRFite

Post by SPattath »

There was a blast in Pune this evening.
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/pune ... 70685.html
nawabs
BRFite

Post by nawabs »

2018 dynamite rods, 3000 detonators recovered in Lucknow

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-20 ... ow-2001404
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Maudany has been released on bail but he will have to stay in Bengaluru. The Kerala CM and his Congress colleagues welcome the release. The CM says that he is happy that Maudany has been released during the Holy month of Ramadan.

Now, Maudany is no ordinary person. He has been accused of serious crimes. Therefore, the happiness expressed by the Chief Minister for the release of such a person is condemnable.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

And Sadhvi Pragnya and Col.Purohit languish in jail
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

^^^and Maudany's defending lawyer in none other than Prashant Bhushan. How can this guy even sleep at night.
shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

2 Thane boys among 18 Indians who joined ISIS
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... mesofindia

NEW DELHI: As investigations into Thursday's Pune blast progress, agencies are worried about two youths from Thane (near Mumbai) who are reported to have left for Iraq to fight along ISIS about a year ago. These two boys are part of the 18 Indians learnt to be fighting in Iraq and Syria and are being tracked by intelligence agencies.

Sources within the security establishment say most of these 18 hail from south India. Some of those who have been identified belong to Maharashtra, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu. It is not known whether any of them has returned but such exodus from south India has become a cause for worry for the agencies.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

How do the know its 18 and not more or less?

Did ISIS give them the numbers?
And how does one leave India with or without passport? And who gave them the Police certificate?

And for how much?

I can understand Maha and Karnataka old Nizam areas but whats happening in TN?

Are these departures related to the killings of Hindu Munani members?
Ramesh
BRFite

Post by Ramesh »

From rediff
http://news.rediff.com/commentary/2014/ ... pdates.htm
13:27 Air Force scrambles jets after 2 international flights squawk similar codes : Times NOW reports: The Indian Air Force was alerted today after two international flights sent out similar codes over the Indian airspace. The IAF scrambled fighter jets from its Jodhpur base in Rajasthan.

Both flights while entering India via Karachi squawked similar codes, the news channel reported.

More details are awaited.
Ashok Sarraff
BRFite

Post by Ashok Sarraff »

^Re. what's happening in TN, something's does seem to be brewing there. I met an SDRE (literally) TN Muslim guy a few days ago. I heard him saying that his son's name is vidwan. I said to myself, wow, that's a very Indic name for an IM. On reconfirmation, I was told that it's not Vidwan, but Ridwan. I said I've never heard this name before. What the guy said in response was revealing. He said disdainfully, Rizwan, an IM name, is a corruption of the real Arabic name Ridwan, and that he wanted to go back to his "roots". Btw, this guy does not understand Hindi, and Tamil is what he's most comfortable with.
JwalaMukhi
BRFite

Post by JwalaMukhi »

Sridhar K wrote:Situation is very similar in TN like Kerala. The ersthwile Thanjavur and Nagapattinam district, are getting completely islamized with new mosques from Saudi money. The area has a lot of people who go to Gulf especially Saudi. Based on the feedback from few relatives in the area who have muslim friends, the advise from jamaat to common IM is that
a) buy as much land as possible. It is followed religiously.
b) put the children in an hindu school instead of christian schools as hindu schools are secular.

#a I guess is for creating a dar-ul-islam which then can be a trigger movement for a separate tamilistan later. The appeasement politics of the DMK and ADMK are not looking at an internal security threat
The plan is in works for a very long time. Ever wonder why all the important temple towns in Tamil Nadu are encircled or immediately straddles these new and upcoming ghettos of the faithful. One illustrative example that points to: of the things to come is near mulbagal, Karnataka, of the Kurudumale (Kudumale) Mahaganapathi temple. Where lot of temples are in ruin in this vicinity and the approach route is completely taken over by the faithfuls. The other example is "antaraGange temple" Kashi vishveswara temple in Kolar Gold Fields, Karnataka, where right at the base of temple hill (entrance) faithfuls have established a huge mosque/cultural center. This is right at the approach and there is no escape. The temple kind of is slowly turning into ruin. These are just two examples in Karnataka, but the situation is astoundingly similar when one visits many important and historical places of worship in Tamil Nadu too. Only tirumala tirupathi used to have some relief, but after YSR (Y Samuel Rajashekar reddy) gang became active, that has been turned into hunting grounds for the other types of faithfuls.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Ashok, Same as Ramzan is being re-Arabised as Ramdan.

Good they need more Arabised Islam
JwalaMukhi
BRFite

Post by JwalaMukhi »

The choke points near important temple towns, including the objections to development to Sabarimala temple by the faithful is all very recent phenomena. The "hindu flight" that used to be common in Northern parts of India for obvious reasons, have started afflicting the south and deep south parts now.
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

Ramesh wrote:From rediff
http://news.rediff.com/commentary/2014/ ... pdates.htm
13:27 Air Force scrambles jets after 2 international flights squawk similar codes : Times NOW reports: The Indian Air Force was alerted today after two international flights sent out similar codes over the Indian airspace. The IAF scrambled fighter jets from its Jodhpur base in Rajasthan.

Both flights while entering India via Karachi squawked similar codes, the news channel reported.

More details are awaited.
Well - and put that news in context of the path 'supposedly' followed by the Malaysian Airline flight over the entire airspace w/o being challenged. And any talk of it entering Indian airspace.
Madhusudhan
BRFite

Post by Madhusudhan »

I think those arabized SDREs are really SDGEs
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

Maneka Gandhi is already working on a law to try Juvenile rapists as adults. This loophole will be closed soon.
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

I hope Intelligence agencies are scanning social media for wannbe Arabs IMs pouring their hearts out for Gaza, some even sharing donation websites, others sharing A/V propaganda directly from Hamas associates. And I'm talking about 9/10 IMs on SM. Some Hindus asked them where was this outpouring of grief when KPs were being driven out & hounded? No answer.

Reading all that, makes me completely sure there is only one solution to India's Muslim Population problem, one that nobody wants to talk about.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Meanwhile at the Necropolis of Nai Dilli:
Delhi: JNU students protest Israeli strikes on Gaza
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Chandragupta wrote:I hope Intelligence agencies are scanning social media for wannbe Arabs IMs pouring their hearts out for Gaza . . .
Add ISIS to that. In the Tamil edition of The Hindu, there are a few IMs who eulogize the ISIS for having sent the nurses back without harming them and claim that they like this outfit. They repeatedly post comments of a similar nature and clearly their sympathies are with the salafi jihadists.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

I think the reason why our spooks and strategic planners are so worried about the US pullout from Afghanistan is not because of the spike in infiltration across LoC. We can handle that. The only way the PA can divert so many jihadis to India is if there is a pan indian islamic separatist movement. It will be far easier for them to slip in unnoticed if parts of the NE, UP, Bihar, Kashmir, Kerala, etc are set on fire and go full green. They will probably try to carry out some spectacular attacks against some major hindu and sikh sites and employ the use of suicide bombers (something we haven't really had to deal with before). The whole point would be to set off some major riots all across India.
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

^^Why should India wait till her citizens are killed in riots?
Dont you think that before that we must destroy the whole of Pakistan and save the people of India.
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

uddu wrote:^^Why should India wait till her citizens are killed in riots?
Dont you think that before that we must destroy the whole of Pakistan and save the people of India.
Basically when you talk about destroying pakistan, it is equivalent to saying we should destroy china+US. They are the ones who are propping up that rogue state and preventing it from breaking up. India cannot even handle china militarily, forget handling pak+china+us together.
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

Chandragupta wrote:
Reading all that, makes me completely sure there is only one solution to India's Muslim Population problem, one that nobody wants to talk about.
Problem is that the solution you are thinking is extremely difficult to implement if not impossible.
shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

Agencies on the tail of Maharashtra jihadis
http://epaper.mailtoday.in/showtext.asp ... te=1572014
NDIAN authorities have gathered information on four men from Maharashtra fighting in Iraq for the ISIS, though there are others, too, who have joined the dreaded terrorist group. The security agencies, however, know little about the others.

While the Maharashtra Police and Intelligence Bureau officials questioned families of the four men and submitted a detailed report to the home ministry, security agencies are in touch with their Iraqi counterparts to get details of other Indians who are believed to be fighting with ISIS. Sources said it is suspected that men from states like Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka have joined the Sunni insurgent group that has been targeting Shias and has overrun key cities like Mosul and Tikrit over the past few weeks. Intelligence agencies are also tracking families of other young men who have been reported “ missing” and could be in Iraq fighting along with ISIS. Sources said the Mumbai police commissioner, in a written communication to his force, has given directions “ to trace missing children within the jurisdictions of their respective police stations, especially those who fall within the age group which makes them potential members of terror outfits”. The four men who have been identified so far are Arif Fayaz Majeed and Thane residents Fahad Tanvir Sheikh, Aman Naim Tandel and Shaheen Farooqi Tanki. They are all in their 20s.

Sources said there is no past record of their involvement in any terror activities.

Central intelligence agencies have sought details from states from which young men are believed to have gone to Iraq so that information can be gathered on them.

“ We are trying to identify families who have young men in Iraq. If we get details and suspect that they could be fighting for ISIS, we will inform the Iraqi authorities,” said an official.

Intelligence agencies are jittery about the possibility that Indians who have joined the ISIS could get in touch with young men in the country to form a terrorist group here.

ISIS leader Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi, the self- proclaimed Caliph of the Islamic State, has identified India as an “ enemy state”. He has also claimed that Indian Muslims do not have rights.