Pakistani Economic Stress Watch

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Lisa
BRFite

Re: Pakistani Economic Stress Watch

Post by Lisa »

^ You may wish to re-examine your post. Our children die at their borders every day. If they had spent as much time in feeding their population rather than causing us to suffer (your word), they would not have been in this predicament in the first place. They fully deserve their fate and I for one feel no pity.

https://indianexpress.com/article/india ... k-8567176/
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Lisa wrote:^ You may wish to re-examine your post. Our children die at their borders every day. If they had spent as much time in feeding their population rather than causing us to suffer (your word), they would not have been in this predicament in the first place. They fully deserve their fate and I for one feel no pity.

https://indianexpress.com/article/india ... k-8567176/
lisa ji,

you are right

let them rot in the hell that they have created for themselves all because they have an greedy, corrupt, and entitled political ecosystem, a grasping, unscrupulous, and entitled paki army + the sister services and their deceitful ayeshas and abdools, who are no less entitled and greedy, while constantly harping on their abrahamic identity as though food and money will fall in unending showers from the heavens above just because they prostrate five times

their blind and unremitting hatred for fellow human beings who prefer alternate forms of worship or are the children of different gods is what has led them to this sorry pass.

djinnah did his partition work in an highly frustrated atmosphere that poisoned his reasoning and led him to create pukestan in his own hateful and bitter image and the many momin who followed him were also of the same venomous ilk

tens of decades later, his creation stands testimony to his clouded vision, a tattered, internationally sidelined, and friendless country that is both morally, as well as, financially bankrupt and people with even half a brain have already migrated away
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

yogi wrote:
Sir, this cartoon is not worthy of a member of your status.
Hunger is a human suffering that should not be made fun of by other humans irrespective of the differences. We have to be better than them!
If you found this distasteful, then you are going to be really disappointed after seeing my older posts.
Nope , I dont want to be what you want me to be. I have never claimed that I am better than them, ever.

In fact, let me save you some time. Here is what I want. And is likely to happen.
There will be massive riots and untold violence in Pak.
The society will tear apart and L&O will be left to gangs and warlords.
The larger population will revolt against the military, especially t he Paki army. Gated communities will be torn down.
Pak military leadership will leave to places like Dubai, Canada and UK.
Balochistan, Sindh , GB and NWWFP will break away.

Breakdown of all govt institutions will become very evident. Open looting and armed robberies will increase. Food will be hoarded & will become scarce. Hunger and starvation and related deaths will be very common.

In short, Pak will become a Somalia .

As to Paki folk, where kids are taught to hate kafirs, especially Hindus, I do care in that I want them dead simply for the reason that these folk celebrate every disastrous incident that happens to us . I want them eating off the ground searching for grains and morsels. Let them slaughter each other and resort to cannibalism.

I can change my opinion if the Hindu population in Pak comes back to prepartition levels, and temples are resconstructed, Pak as a nation aplogizes to India and disarms completely with all their military reporting to us.
And when Indira aunty smiles again.
Vikas Manhas
@37VManhas
·
Nov 9, 2021
5 year ago on this day Indira aunty would have probably laughed one last time.
But ever since she came to know about the immortalization of her son

CONSTABLE VIKAS MISHRA
96 BN
@BSF_India

she has not smiled again.
Homage to him on his 5th balidan diwas today.

#KnowYourHeroes
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

Some 10 years ago, I read an article which covered a few victims of 2008 Mumbai attacks. I vaguely recall one story that the victim was paralysed after the medical treatment for the injuries , the father was no more and the mother , living in a tiny shack had to both work and take care of the son. That was hard and there was helplessness and anger. It was here I asked BRF to to put a thread on victims of terror attacks because these folk are simply forgotten.
Yes, yes - I find immense pleasure in seeing the absolute lawlessness, death and gore from Pak. I dont think I will change that. My victimhood is justified. And if you see, my posts in this thread have increased significantly over the last year - reason being that when the economy collapses, the entire population suffers. And no, I dont care if kids are involved. I dont believe in military honour when it come to Pak.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

yogi wrote:
Hunger is a human suffering that should not be made fun of by other humans irrespective of the differences. We have to be better than them!
And finally, let me be Sir. I dont think we have to agree on morality at all wrt Pak. If the admins find my posts distasteful, they are free to delete them, ban me or kick me out. That isnt going to change my opinion.

But I will also tell you that "we have to be better than them" and "stable Pak is in India's interests" have led to Indian lives being ruined.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Finally, people are realizing their level of hatred is soo much, apart from 10-15% of Paki population, the rest will always try to wipe us out from the face of their earth along with fellow travelers in the BIF gang. BIF- Pakis are supported by certain International eco systems for these exact reasons.

But this is a really tough game we have to play to survive.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

yogi wrote:
You mean we should make insincere & useless sympathetic noises? If so, you may be in the wrong forum.

Or should we send the pakis food that is better used for our own children, so that the pakis can gain the strength to murder our children & their parents?
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

KLNMurthy wrote:

Or should we send the pakis food that is better used for our own children, so that the pakis can gain the strength to murder our children & their parents?

If we had armed ourselves and isolated Pak like we have them today in 2000 , imagine the countless of Indian lives we would have saved. Brothers, sisters, fathers, sole bread winners.
The "we are better than them" folk wouldnt care a bit for fellow Indians but want to come out like the voice of reason and sanity for the moral perception battle. And for whom do we want to show that? Pakis ? Or the West? Or to ourselves?
For some pat in the back from folk who never care of iota if we went hungry?
I want the Amreekis , UK and all those who supported Pak at the cost of Indian lives to face the same anguish our mothers and brothers faced. IN fact, I gloat at the breakdown of Amerikees families and culture - this nation which fed the ugly Islamic monster that is Pak. We havent forgotten the millions of Hindus who poured into India in 1971 escaping the persecution of a coward mercenary Army called Pak. I wish the worst for their sponsors. In Tamil, they say "Kula Nasam" ...I dont know if there is equivalent in Hindi. I want that for all of them.

Someone , I think it was Gaurav Arya, who said "Indians have developed a false sense of morality". This morality stands on the funeral pyres of countless INdians from the villages and towns.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

Aditya_V wrote:Finally, people are realizing their level of hatred is soo much, apart from 10-15% of Paki population, the rest will always try to wipe us out from the face of their earth along with fellow travelers in the BIF gang. BIF- Pakis are supported by certain International eco systems for these exact reasons.

Where did you get the 10-15% population?
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/10635 ... s-fulfiled
Ishaq Dar hopes IMF will soon sign deal with Pakistan as 'all conditions fulfiled'

Saudi Arabia and UAE have assured their commitments to provide $3 billion to Pakistan, says Dar
But all conditions have not been fulfilled. IMF has asked Pakistan to arrange $6 billion in external financing and not just $3 billion and as I understand the IMF is yet to be convinced by petrol subsidy lahori logic.

https://www.financialexpress.com/econom ... t/3053477/
Pakistan government shares plan with IMF to secure additional $3 billion support: Report

The Washington-based global lender had asked Pakistan to arrange USD 6 billion in external financing but so far only USD 3 billion were arranged after Saudi Arabia agreed to provide USD 2 billion and the UAE pledged USD 1 billion.
Pakis have been claiming staff level agreement in the "next few days" for almost 6 months now.

Has Saudi Arabia officially confirmed $2 billion deposit? I doubt it since Nawaz Shariff and his daughter are in Saudi begging. May be it's for the additional $3 billion.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Neela wrote:
Aditya_V wrote:Finally, people are realizing their level of hatred is soo much, apart from 10-15% of Paki population, the rest will always try to wipe us out from the face of their earth along with fellow travelers in the BIF gang. BIF- Pakis are supported by certain International eco systems for these exact reasons.

Where did you get the 10-15% population?
Generally 5% minorities and rest you will definitely find some sane and good people everywhere. Bad people also everywhere, but these are exceptions to the Rule in Pakistan and not the rule.
S_Madhukar
BRFite

Post by S_Madhukar »

The only thing that rankles me is some of our leadership for the past 1000 years sacrificed us innocent naive people at the altar of justice, friendship, geopolitics, security etc. easy to do that when your own are not at stake. Let them eat grass Sirs, we have suffered enough
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

^^^^^ That is exactly the point "we will eat grass".

They have knowingly and in full consciousness walked into this situation. They have done so despite any number of warnings and entreaties from our side. They are adults. They are not a small nation. They have 230 million people, that is about 60% of population of India at the time of independence. They have decided to squander decades of economic progress, they have wasted their precious national resources of fertile land & water; they don't have a plan for the next 10 years, let alone the next 50 or century.

Knowledge is easily accessible today, unbiased sources of data are available, different versions of history are at one's fingertips and it is not hard to piece together the truth from multiple readings and references. Forget about us, have they even sincerely apologized to Bangladesh? Every December there is an inane article saying let bygones be bygones, let us forgive and forget, as though it is their divine right to be forgiven without asking for forgiveness.

This nation is a blight on the earth, and sure there are good people there as well but just not in the numbers needed to make any difference to their national identity and agenda. The nation was founded on falsehoods and vested interests, and to give them credit it's still holding together on the very same falsehoods and vested interests.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

‘Pakistan’s state-run firms worst in Asia’
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s state-owned entities (SOEs) are the worst in South Asia and their combined losses growing faster than assets, resulting in a significant annual drain on scarce public resources and posing a substantial risk to the sovereign.

On an annual basis, they together swallow more than Rs458bn in public funds to stay afloat as their combined loans and guarantees surged to almost 10pc of GDP (Rs5.4tr) in FY21 from 3.1pc of GDP or Rs1.05tr in 2016, according to the World Bank that advised a deep-rooted reform programme to reverse the trend.

They “impose a significant fiscal drain and pose a substantial financial risk on the federal government”, said the World Bank, adding that these entities had been incurring losses since FY16, with annual losses averaging at 0.5pc of GDP over FY16–20. “Pakistan’s federal SOEs have been found to be the least profitable in the South Asia region”, said the Public Expenditure Review 2023, adding that with the persistent losses, the accumulated SOE losses had become substantial, amounting to 3.1pc of GDP in FY20.

To cover the losses, the federal government has been providing direct fiscal support to the SOEs, in the form of subsidies, loans and equity injections, which totalled 1.4pc of GDP in FY21. In addition to direct support, the government has been also issuing guarantees for SOEs to secure loans from commercial banks. Federal government exposure to SOEs, defined as the outstanding stock of guarantees and government loans to SOEs, has been rapidly increasing and stood at 9.7pc of GDP in FY21.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

Dilbuji
Why for you are ‘Pagadi utaring’ of SUPARCO
Atamic Mulk’s premier mijjile institute no
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

Dilbu wrote:Wheat production estimated to fall short by 2m tonnes
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan is estimated to produce 26.81 million tonnes of wheat during the ongoing Rabi season against the target of 28.4 million tonnes.

While production will be below the target, the area under wheat cultivation also reduced from 9.3 million hectares to 9.1 million hectares.

However, the reason for below-the-target wheat production was not explained during a meeting of the high-powered Federal Committee on Agriculture (FCA).
In the previous season, Pak grew 26.4 million tons of wheat.
A target of 28.4 was unrealistic, considering flood damage earlier this year. They will probably end up producing what they are now estimating at
26.8 million. At 28.4 mil, they would have to import about 2.7 mil tns. This amount has now increased to 4.3 mil tns.
An extra 1.6 mil tonnes is simply not available in International markets - even 2.7 mil tns is doubtful, due to disrupted supply from Ukraine.
There is wheat next door in our Punjab, but Pak has banned trade with India - we don't have to disappoint the WKKs by saying no.

A shortfall of 1.6 mil tonnes (5%) may not seem much . However, 63% of Pakistan (rural) population will feed itself, by selling less to the cities.
(or sell at highly inflated prices). Another 3-4% will go to elite customers (Pak fauj, rich etc). That leads to a 15% shortage in availability for
the urban population. There are no substitute foods and no money to pay more for existing stocks, because inflation in other items has eaten up savings for most of the urban population.

Wheat yields in Indian Punjab are more than Pak by approx. a 4:3 ratio which is one reason why we are able to export wheat.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Festive celebrations on empty pockets
Eid economy, marketeers projected, shrunk uniformly by about 40 per cent online and offline to about Rs432 billion in 2023, the lowest in a decade. Spending on the holy occasion was highest in 2018 when the Eid economy crossed a trillion mark to clock at Rs1.1 trillion. The expenditure dropped in subsequent years with the economic slowdown and dipped to less than half of the highest mark of Rs480bn in 2021 amidst lockdowns, sanctions on social gatherings and Covid fears.
The leaders of the retail sector, besides the regular ones in Karachi, including Nasim Khan from Balochistan and Naeem Mir from Punjab reported very low footfall in markets. “It did not feel like Eid during the first twenty-five days of Ramzan for the better part of the day in markets. The rush is visibly less, even in peak hours in the evenings. Many customers can be seen returning empty handed,” said Mr Mir.

Abid Umer, a marketing consultant advising a host of local and global brands, confirmed sluggish business on online platforms this year on Eid. “The online market lacks the usual excitement levels of customers for similar reasons — the erosion of buying capacity owing to record high inflation in the country. It is safe to say that the market shrunk by 40pc.”

Talking over the phone, he said there was variance in consumer behaviour and preferences among different segments of shoppers, but the spirit was not upbeat generally though the base of online shopping has expanded with time.
In Karachi, jewellers dealing in the sale and purchase of used ornament were kept busy. “The number of walk-in customers has dwindled. Mostly old customers are returning to sell or exchange ornaments,” Mohammad Manana told this scribe when approached in his shop in Saddar to get the feel of the busy old market.
Majyd Aziz, Chairman of the Economic Council of Employers Federation of Pakistan, responded to the query and said, “2023 commenced on a sombre note with mills working much below capacity. The decrease in footfall of garments buyers and unstitched fabrics proves that millers rightly gauged the situation.” He said many market visitors indulged in window shopping as their budgets hardly cover basics.

“When demand for even garments plummets, what can anyone expect from big-ticket items? The sharp spike in automobile prices has pushed it beyond the means of the earlier buyers’ base. Construction cost hike put plans of home renovations on hold.”

He said galloping inflation eats up the gains of remittance recipients. “This year will be remembered as the worst year for Eid business.”
Gohar Eijaz, former All Pakistan Textile Manufacturers Association leader, believes that demand for cars and imported home appliances fell by 60pc this Eid.

“People are spending on basics such as garments and footwear with difficulty. They don’t even aspire to buy durables right now. The cost of raw materials has shot through the roof due to devaluation and manufacturers are struggling to secure their margins.”
Khurram Mukhtar, a textile tycoon from Faisalabad, believed that sales suffered this Eid significantly. “The drop seems to be in the vicinity of 40-50pc. People are struggling to cover food, rentals and other regular family needs. It would be naïve to expect liberal spending by them on Eid.”

“The closure of textile units depressed the supply of fabric in the market and drove prices higher. Two days before Eid, wholesalers and retailers are still unable to offload old, finished stocks,” he concluded.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Dwindling purchasing power hurts e-commerce
KARACHI: Dwindling purchasing power amid record-high inflation and massive devaluation has put a serious strain on e-commerce companies operating in Pakistan. According to a soon-to-be-released research report on the state of business-to-consumer (B2C) e-commerce in Pakistan, firms are struggling to even maintain their existing sales levels, let alone grow their operations.
Pakistan’s e-commerce market is ranked 47th worldwide, with an estimated revenue of $6.4 billion for 2023. Category-wise, electronics and media constitutes the largest share with a 34.1 per cent stake. The analysis based on data from the country’s top online stores shows the expected compound annual growth rate (CAGR) over the next five years is 6.2pc. The expected growth rate is “relatively muted” owing to the continuous depreciation and the resulting cut in economic growth forecasts.

Even though the online B2C retail market has grown in size over the years, the report notes the country still “lags well behind” comparable economies like Indonesia, the Philippines, Egypt and Bangladesh. Pakistan’s ma­r­ket size in both absolute and relative terms is the lowest among the peer group.
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

The biggest e-commerce company in Pak has a $ 70m turnover.
Flipkart's turnover is $ 6300 million. (that's more than the value of all e-commerce in Pak). The article says $ 6.4 billion, a more realistic estimate is under $ 5 billion.
bala
BRF Oldie

Post by bala »

How India's 2016 Demonetization Affected Pakistan

Nov 8, 2016 was Demonetization by India. This was the beginning of the decline of Pak Rupee. Fake Indian currency notes, using printing press/paper from the same supplier, was used by Pakistan. This stopped due to Demonetization by India. No more fake notes. The charts prove this.

How did Pakistan create fake notes..
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Govt yet to withdraw petrol subsidy in writing to IMF causing further dealy
ISLAMABAD: Giving the Fund another excuse for putting up a stumbling block in the way of a staff-level agreement, the Pakistani authorities have not yet withdrawn the proposed cross-fuel subsidy scheme in writing to the International Monetary Fund (IMF), The News reported on Thursday.

The lender had raised objections to the proposal, asking Islamabad to share details about the implementation of the plan that was announced without "consultation".

However, Minister of State for Petroleum Musadik Malik rejected the perception that the subsidy would be a violation of the conditions and said the ministry had responded to all the queries in detail.

The publication, quoting an unnamed finance ministry official, reported today that the IMF didn't ask for the withdrawal of the cross-fuel subsidy in writing.

It is believed that the Fund is awaiting clarity on the matter and it is one of the reasons for the delay in the agreement.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

bala wrote:How India's 2016 Demonetization Affected Pakistan

Nov 8, 2016 was Demonetization by India. This was the beginning of the decline of Pak Rupee. Fake Indian currency notes, using printing press/paper from the same supplier, was used by Pakistan. This stopped due to Demonetization by India. No more fake notes. The charts prove this.
1. The fake notes had to be in non-Pakistani hands for it to have provided value to Pakistan (i.e., they had to have exchanged fake notes for things of real value).

2. What did the holders of the fake notes do with them? Presumably they did not knowingly exchange of things of real value for fake notes. Did they try to submit the notes to the RBI?

3. We were told:
In response to a question in the Lok Sabha, the government mentioned that according to the data available with NCRB, a total of 1,57,818 Fake Indian Currency Notes (FICN) having a face-value of Rs.11,24,04,980 have been reported by States/UTs Police for the period between 09th November 2016 and 14th July 2017.
---
I'll offer an alternative -- starting late 2015/2016, Pakistan began a series of projects with China - the CPEC - that very quickly jumped to about $USD 62 billion. These were, I postulate, uneconomical, and a drain on Pakistan. E.g., I had done the calculation for the Sahiwal coal-fueled electricity plant and had noted on BR that "just the coal cost per kilowatt-hour for Sahiwal power plant in Pakistan is more than {the Indian} National Thermal Power Corporation price for delivered electricity". I had previously calculated that the Chinese build was 1.5 times more expensive than equivalent plants delivered by Indian firms, e.g., in Vietnam.

This poisoned cup of the Chinese killed Pakistan (Allah be praised!)
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

@A_gupta ji, you continue to make mistakes. Huge mistakes.
Not everything is the calculus of variations! But then sire, you did not understand probability distributions of two random variables either - one continuous and the other discrete, hain jee?!!!
madhu
BRFite

Post by madhu »

i am more inclined to believe in A_gupta ji analysis. I had difficulty with fake note theory form the beginning as the number of fake notes identified during demonetization is negligible. As far as the theory of Pak buying printing machine and papers to print notes we cannot comment as it was future dated could be true or many not be. But fake notes broke pak's back is not a good theory.

Pak had been living life of a parasite from its inception. There is also a correlation between Pakistan’s economic growth and the availability of external aid over the years.
  • 1) During the Ayub era, Pakistan received an average of $277 million annually in US aid alone. That assistance peaked at $2.8 billion in 1962, enabling economic growth to reach 8.7 per cent for 1963—the highest growth rate under the Ayub regime.

2) Between 1977 and 1988, Pakistan’s average annual growth under Zia was 6.6 per cent when the government received an average of $394 million in aid per year from the Americans.

3) The picture under Musharraf was no different. Between 2000 and 2008, Pakistan’s average annual growth was 4.6 percent while the government received an average of $1.2 billion per year of bilateral American assistance and $190 million

4) Pakistan’s economy in certain years, its years of lowest economic growth have often been ones when aid has trickled instead of flowing, and most of these have come under civilian rule.
Its rulers right from Jinna always thought pak's unique position will force world to feed and keep pak float. hence it never invested in any structure building exercise, instead invested in army service like afghan - soviet war, war on terror, china-US relation improvement etc. even now it is thinking that World will not allow Pakistan to sink as it has N-Bomb.

but one question we need to be answered is "how many 3 weeks are there in 3 week's of Pakistani time?" coz its been almost a year that I have been hearing that there is only 3 weeks of reserves left from close to a year. is its drug money is driving its economy? if so how much can you rise in drugs and how can any one use drug money in international trade?
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

madhu wrote: but one question we need to be answered is "How many 3 weeks are there in 3 weeks of Pakistani time?" coz it's been almost a year that I have been hearing that there are only 3 weeks of reserves left from close to a year. is its drug money driving its economy? if so how much can you rise in drugs and how can anyone use drug money in international trade?
https://www.ceicdata.com/en/indicator/p ... e-reserves

You need foreign exchange if you need to import stuff. I think Pakis have survived by severely curtailing imports as reported below

https://tradingeconomics.com/pakistan/imports

This is an anemic economic condition where slowly you are killing all industries that require imported goods. Slowly they are Talibanizing the land of the pure.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Regarding Demonization.

Lets stick to facts

1) All the paper and Ink came from UK's De la Rue for Indian currency, thier JV also printed the Paki Currency
2) Mysteriously post 26/11 , the Indian Printing plates were auctioned and Made it to Pakistan
3) De La Rue was also directly printing INR before 2014 since 1997

The problem was the FICN and ICN were so similar that I Don't think RBI or any could tell the difference?

1) Post Demonetization, Paki, SL and Nepali Currency have depreciated heavily compared to INR after Nov 16
2) Indian Currency in circulation and Digital Transactions have gone up many fold since NOV 16, Much more than what can be expected in a Economy growing as per official growth rates
3) In spite of literally 100% of the Indian Currency coming back, some Indians are stuck with Indian Currency old 1000 and 500 notes, Lots of Nepalese were stuck with large amounts of Indian 1000 and 500 notes, and some other places in the world
4) De la Rue financial position has deteriorated along with SL, Nepal and Paki currencies.

The Logical conclusion is Pakis were probably moving Indian currency to Gulf, SL and Nepal and paying for some of thier imports and anti India Movements with FICN which I dont think even the RBI could tell was printed as fake. Such was the shambles our country was in 2014.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

madhu wrote:i am more inclined to believe in A_gupta ji analysis. I had difficulty with fake note theory form the beginning as the number of fake notes identified during demonetization is negligible. As far as the theory of Pak buying printing machine and papers to print notes we cannot comment as it was future dated could be true or many not be. But fake notes broke pak's back is not a good theory.

Pak had been living life of a parasite from its inception. There is also a correlation between Pakistan’s economic growth and the availability of external aid over the years.
  • 1) During the Ayub era, Pakistan received an average of $277 million annually in US aid alone. That assistance peaked at $2.8 billion in 1962, enabling economic growth to reach 8.7 per cent for 1963—the highest growth rate under the Ayub regime.

2) Between 1977 and 1988, Pakistan’s average annual growth under Zia was 6.6 per cent when the government received an average of $394 million in aid per year from the Americans.

3) The picture under Musharraf was no different. Between 2000 and 2008, Pakistan’s average annual growth was 4.6 percent while the government received an average of $1.2 billion per year of bilateral American assistance and $190 million

4) Pakistan’s economy in certain years, its years of lowest economic growth have often been ones when aid has trickled instead of flowing, and most of these have come under civilian rule.
Its rulers right from Jinna always thought pak's unique position will force world to feed and keep pak float. hence it never invested in any structure building exercise, instead invested in army service like afghan - soviet war, war on terror, china-US relation improvement etc. even now it is thinking that World will not allow Pakistan to sink as it has N-Bomb.

but one question we need to be answered is "how many 3 weeks are there in 3 week's of Pakistani time?" coz its been almost a year that I have been hearing that there is only 3 weeks of reserves left from close to a year. is its drug money is driving its economy? if so how much can you rise in drugs and how can any one use drug money in international trade?
the money also came from saudi govt and saudi "charities" including thousands of muzeleem NGOs in the gulf region. There were "collection boxes" in every street like it is still there in pukestan today

additionally "aid" came from japan, germany, scandinavian, european, govts and abrahamic NGOs, from central asian republics, uk, UN, IMF and world bank funds kept flowing to the pakis in some discrete manner or the other

the pakis stole copiously from the afghans, and jihadi funds flooded in from the middle east, along with hawala money from India too.

That is how the pakis survived. The elites stole 90% of the aid and the remaining 10% sustained the awam with low wheat, meat, and fuel prices.

that is why even today, the pakis do not want to hike fuel prices because they are very afraid of the paki public revolting and causing mayhem in the streets.

Fuel price is hard core tied and wired into the price of almost everything else that the abdools and ayeshas use on a daily basis
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Paki swam are covered that's why 5 Lakh army can keep 23 crore starving, no matter how much the elites push them they would never fight, and it can all be in name of Islam.

Bhutto was right he can feed the masses grass as long as the miltary has the Atom Bomb and other weapons, the NWFP blacksmith type weapons do not work.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

^ there is the slight matter of mutiny, Aditya ji

The lower rungs of the uniformed jihadis also have large families to feed. Not all of them live in the cantonments and DHAs.

Immy the Baltist exposed the horizontal divisions, economic collapse might well bring out the vertical ones
kancha
BRFite

Post by kancha »

Aditya_V wrote:Regarding Demonization.

Lets stick to facts

1) All the paper and Ink came from UK's De la Rue for Indian currency, thier JV also printed the Paki Currency
2) Mysteriously post 26/11 , the Indian Printing plates were auctioned and Made it to Pakistan
3) De La Rue was also directly printing INR before 2014 since 1997

The problem was the FICN and ICN were so similar that I Don't think RBI or any could tell the difference?
Let me throw in a red herring.
What if Pakis had access to more than just FICN?
What if there were more than one set of genuine ICN were being printed with the same serial numbers and apart from the FICN, Pakis were actually in possession of a fairly large quantity of genuine ICN?
It's been done during the Stamp Paper Scam by Telgi.
JMTs
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

it's quite plausible. Money supply is directly proportional to inflation. See the inflation shooting up in early 2008 onwards only. the trend continued al the way up till 2016-17. While inflation is not a st fwd thing as there was genuine corruption money pouring in real estate too..but it's hard to separate all the factors. We have to keep in mind pk themselves are good in cutting their own legs (other than the middle one) all said..it's a combination of factors. But this time it's quite serious
1. Globally money is in tight supply. Rates inflation are very high. They will do small attacks to keep Ghardys busy and PSF bois motivated.
2. Due to afghan evac, usa is not going to pay attention there anytime soon
3. UK is broke itself
4. Yes middle east abbajans may pay some baksheesh, that's where the diplomacy seems to be working and Dimran has helped too.
5. China will give money but extract kidneys and what not.
their best outcome is luring china in and then whoring for US to involve chinese military and engage them.
None of the factors bode well for them
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Manish_P wrote:^ there is the slight matter of mutiny, Aditya ji

The lower rungs of the uniformed jihadis also have large families to feed. Not all of them live in the cantonments and DHAs.

Immy the Baltist exposed the horizontal divisions, economic collapse might well bring out the vertical ones
Manish ji,

they will not alienate the pakjabi troops but everyone else will get the kafir treatment

just look at how they treated the NLI, used them for cannon fodder, and finally abandoned their NLI troops during kargil. They did not even bother to bury their dead....
The NLI sepoys are drawn from eight major ethnic groups: the Baltees, Shins, Yashkuns, Mughals, Kashmiris, Pathans, Ladakis and Turks who speak the dialects of Balti, Shina, Brushaki, Khawer, Wakhi, Turki, Pushto, Urdu and Persian. Of the NLI sepoys, 49 per cent are Shias and 18 per cent Sunnis, while the Ismailees and Noor Bakhshis make up 23 and 10 per cent respectively.Fifty-five per cent of the sepoys come from Gilgit while 35 per cent hail from Baltistan.
They would not have dared to do the same with their pakjabi troops
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Kancha, I think this was the scam.
For every 1 Rupee printed by RBI, Congress got 1 Rupee printed in India and another abroad. Pak printed 1 Rupee for every 2 Rupees.

All same serial number.
So there was 3.5 x in circulation till Demonitization.

After Demonitization RBI said got back 100%.
That means 2.5x is floating became useless.

One less noted fact was some Kashmiris got fake notes exchanged at par value.
This to me confirms the Pak printing.

Stay safe.
CalvinH
BRFite

Post by CalvinH »

A_Gupta wrote:

1. The fake notes had to be in non-Pakistani hands for it to have provided value to Pakistan (i.e., they had to have exchanged fake notes for things of real value).

2. What did the holders of the fake notes do with them? Presumably they did not knowingly exchange of things of real value for fake notes. Did they try to submit the notes to the RBI?

3. We were told:
In response to a question in the Lok Sabha, the government mentioned that according to the data available with NCRB, a total of 1,57,818 Fake Indian Currency Notes (FICN) having a face-value of Rs.11,24,04,980 have been reported by States/UTs Police for the period between 09th November 2016 and 14th July 2017.
The fake notes would have been circulated to 0.5 forces in india helping pakis to tap in to the transactions from gulf to Bangladesh that are done in INR. That’s what was the main business of Dawood type underworld guys.

Scenario:
Dawood buys 1Cr of fake notes for 50L real currency. Pays this 50L in INR or some other currency to ISI
Someone from gulf pays Dawood 5Cr in Dinars to help him with some local issue in india.
Dawood distributes 3Cr with 1Cr of fake currency to the large network of people to help the guy.

Imagine a large number of people from Mirzapur to Mumbai doing this over a period of 10-15 years. A large amount of fake currency can be absorbed at with this scale of distribution.
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

So just when we thought this broke hellhole couldn't get even more ridiculous, here is the headline from today: PM Shehbaz to visit UK next week to attend King Charles III’s coronation https://www.dawn.com/news/1749761/pm-sh ... coronation

I hope nobody from GoI makes the trip; if anyone has to go let it be raja Jyotiraditya Scindia or someone low in the ranks, that is plenty for the occasion. Or give Shri Narayana Murthy and Mrs white passports and let them stand by their daughter to represent India.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

yensoy wrote:So just when we thought this broke hellhole couldn't get even more ridiculous, here is the headline from today: PM Shehbaz to visit UK next week to attend King Charles III’s coronation https://www.dawn.com/news/1749761/pm-sh ... coronation

I hope nobody from GoI makes the trip; if anyone has to go let it be raja Jyotiraditya Scindia or someone low in the ranks, that is plenty for the occasion. Or give Shri Narayana Murthy and Mrs white passports and let them stand by their daughter to represent India.
murty and family may already be on the guest list.

His one and only chance to rub shoulders with gora royalty
CalvinH
BRFite

Post by CalvinH »

I have said this before. The government is deliberating delaying the deal till establishment does something about Imran or PTI. They know that the moment they sign the deal and economy starts to recover the establishment will lose the motivation to support them.

They have taken all the punishment they can take for the bad economy. Its the time for the establishment to hold its part of the deal and bring them back to power. Till that time no agreement.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

CalvinH wrote:
I have said this before. The government is deliberating delaying the deal till establishment does something about Imran or PTI. They know that the moment they sign the deal and economy starts to recover the establishment will lose the motivation to support them.

They have taken all the punishment they can take for the bad economy. Its the time for the establishment to hold its part of the deal and bring them back to power. Till that time no agreement.
So, who is funding and supporting niazi...

he just does not have the clout, the brains, nor the political capital, or the money to do it on his own.

such sustained support always means very deep pockets
CalvinH
BRFite

Post by CalvinH »

I dont think money is a problem for him anymore. He got solid backing of rich overseas Pakistanis and most PTI members come from established political and feudal families. He has ruled for 3.5 years in center and had government in KP for >5 years. This is good enough time for him to create an ecosystem for financing his campaigns. Especially when he clearly looks like the winning side.

He struggled initially till the establishment set himself up with large money bags (so called ATMs) like Jehangir Tareen and Aleem Khan. But he no longer needs them. Shows that he has enough money.

He has supporters for sure. In common public and in elites. Just see the support he gets from the Judiciary and Media. If Pakistan conducts an independent elections today he will come out as clear winner. Remember he won from 6/8 seats in by-polls late last year. All himself. He is in a sweet spot now and riding a TINA wave. Brain doesn't matter at this point. His political capital has withered a lots of storms of open u-turns and leaks, and has not diminished. He has been able to take on the establishment head on, something that no one has been able to do before and establishment had been in the backfoot with him so many times. The ISI chief has do a press conference.

Politics is not only a contest of how good you are but also how good and organized your opponent is. The opposition is in shambles.
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

yensoy wrote:So just when we thought this broke hellhole couldn't get even more ridiculous, here is the headline from today: PM Shehbaz to visit UK next week to attend King Charles III’s coronation https://www.dawn.com/news/1749761/pm-sh ... coronation

Interesting that no Indian official is attending. It's good. It looks like a snub after the embassy attack. The closest Indian representation will be the son in law of an Indian billionaire. What's Shahbaz Shariff's game plan? To trick Charles into sanctioning a million or two pounds?
Foreign heads of state
Leaders from around the world will attend. Here's who's said they'll be there:

Emmanuel Macron, President of France
Andrzej Duda, President of Poland
U.S. President Joe Biden will not be in attendance, but First Lady Jill Biden will lead a U.S. delegation to the coronation
Anthony Albanese, Prime Minister of Australia
David Hurley, Governor-General of Australia
Chris Hipkins, Prime Minister of New Zealand
Dame Cindy Kiro, Governor-General of New Zealand, and her husband, Dr Richard Davies
Christopher Luxon, leader of the opposition in New Zealand (here's the full New Zealand delegation)
Mary Simon, Governor-General of Canada
Shehbaz Sharif, Prime Minister of Pakistan
Frank-Walter Steinmeier, President of Germany
Sergio Mattarella, President of Italy
Ferdinand Marcos Jr. and Louise Araneta-Marcos, President and First Lady of the Philippines
Ursula von der Leyen, President of the European Union Commission
Charles Michel, European Union Council President
Roberta Metsola, President of the European Parliament
Borjana Krišto, the chair of the Council of Ministers of Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sheikh Hasina, Prime Minister of Bangladesh
Nikos Christodoulides, President of Cyprus
https://www.townandcountrymag.com/socie ... uest-list/