Pakistani Economic Stress Watch

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
kit
BRF Oldie

Re: Pakistani Economic Stress Watch

Post by kit »

There should be NO TRADE whatsoever with Pakistan till POK is returned. there should be no half way "adjustments" here. GOI has been pretty clear about cross border terrorism and trade as well.

POK must be part of India. this is not an impossible "dream"

The best way to keep Pakis where they are is NO TRADE. They are not to be trusted or engaged with. Let them implode or whatever.

Bangladesh got to where it is now solely due to friendly relations and trade with India.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

mody wrote:...

Point no.3, is just to rub the paki noses in the dirt. It hardly matters to us. Instead I would much rather prefer a surgical strike to take out vermins like him....
Sir, a pig will happily rub its nose in the dirt.

Remember this is the same awaam which was more proud of it's Jernail Kammandu Mush spending one night behind Indian lines than they were angry about his having cost thousands of baki abdul lives to take himself to power.

To Islamists, only loss of land (territory) is a loss...
neeraj
BRFite

Post by neeraj »

mody wrote: 3). Get Maulana Masood Azhar to be handed over. Reportedly he is ailing since a long time and does not really look after the day to day operations of JeM. Getting him would be a big propaganda and moral win for India.
Me thinks he met his 72 in the Balakot strikes. Has not been seen since
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

mody wrote:... but the paki fauj would never allow that, even if that means that all the aam abduls would be forced to start eating grass.
I am looking forward to a day when the RAPE fauj starts eating grass.
Vadivel
BRFite

Post by Vadivel »

Manish_P wrote:
mody wrote:...

Point no.3, is just to rub the paki noses in the dirt. It hardly matters to us. Instead I would much rather prefer a surgical strike to take out vermins like him....
Sir, a pig will happily rub its nose in the dirt.

Remember this is the same awaam which was more proud of it's Jernail Kammandu Mush spending one night behind Indian lines than they were angry about his having cost thousands of baki abdul lives to take himself to power.

To Islamists, only loss of land (territory) is a loss...
+1

Islamist consider territories as asset or dominance, you can see that in various mango abdul’s sneering in europistan, londonistan etc.

They would proudly claim, this is our land, our territory, sharia rules here and you need to submit to our rules and emands as per sharia.

Losing territory means Islam lost, so gaining territory even with it All Abdul’s with them will psychological affect the ones inside as well as ones outside. For ones inside, an important factor is we should hit them to have a feee pass and put in lot of structures in place that they cannot freely follow sharia or Islam at ease.
mody
BRFite

Post by mody »

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/world ... 67501.html

Smaller paki textile mills forced to stop production, due to lack of cotton and various other factors!
Good going.
Larry Walker
BRFite

Post by Larry Walker »

On a side note - i happened to come across some Paki railfan blogs where they document their journeys etc. What surprised me is the utter un-industrialization of Pakistan - one does not see any factories or any freight movement at all. Their main trunk lines - running between Isloo-Lahore-Karachi look primitive and their major stations even more ancient than oldest C-category loop-line stations in India. Also i do not see much freight or people movement even on their trunk roads. So how is Paki economy churning ? no labor movement - no freight movement - no signs of any large industries or factory clusters around main thoroughfares !!!
To me seems like even 200B GDP is an over-assumption if you discount all the remittances.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

Larry Walker wrote: To me seems like even 200B GDP is an over-assumption if you discount all the remittances.
that also piqued my interest as to what industry the pakis have other than terrorism and being rent bit$hes

here is what wiki says : Pakistan's industrial sector (in FY21) accounts for 28.11% of the GDP. Of this, manufacturing makes up 12.52%, mining constitutes 2.18%, construction makes up 2.05%, and electricity and gas 1.36%. The majority of industry is made up of textile units, with textiles contributing $15.4b to exports, making up 56% of total exports. Other units include surgical instruments, chemicals, and a budding automotive industry.

Cotton textile production is the single most important industry, accounting for about 19 percent of large-scale industrial employment. Cotton yarn, cotton cloth, made-up textiles, ready-made garments, and knitwear collectively accounted for nearly 60 percent of Pakistan's exports in 1999-2000. Other important industries are cement, vegetable oil, fertilizer, sugar, steel, machinery, tobacco, paper and paperboard, chemicals, and food processing.

without cotton imports half their exports evaporate
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

The problem with GDP is it does not finesse the quality of an economy. A nai darzi economy (Pakistan) is overestimated in its depth and strength.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Larry Walker wrote:On a side note - i happened to come across some Paki railfan blogs where they document their journeys etc. What surprised me is the utter un-industrialization of Pakistan - one does not see any factories or any freight movement at all. Their main trunk lines - running between Isloo-Lahore-Karachi look primitive and their major stations even more ancient than oldest C-category loop-line stations in India. Also i do not see much freight or people movement even on their trunk roads.....
Here is a relevant piece of news.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/2379281/ra ... -to-halt-1
Railways faces fuel crisis as trains grind to halt
Lahore engine shed administration had only 90 thousand litres of diesel at its disposal, while as of Tuesday, the fuel at Faisalabad station was not even expected to even last a day
At present, only one train between Lahore and Rawalpindi and one Khyber Mail train from Peshawar to Rohri station and a few freight trains are running on the railway network.
1 Pakistan train = 8 Indian trains, so a total of 16 trains are running!!
VKumar
BRFite

Post by VKumar »

For a start ban the import of 'Himalayan salt ' which is nothing but rock salt from mines in Punjab in Pakistan. Used a few years ago for animal salt links.
vinod
BRFite

Post by vinod »

Pakistani army chief is bending over in US. Soon will get payment for their services :rotfl:
TKiran
BRFite

Post by TKiran »

May be they agreed to supply endless amounts of military aged cannon fodder for Ukraine??? Even in 90's they sent Paki cannon fodder to Yugoslavia. May be they have a sizeable number of Kerala youth also in that cannon fodder???

About 2 months back NSA Ajit Doval was summoned to Moscow. And after he returned to India he banned PFI. May be sizeable no. of cannon fodder from all over India already fighting for Ukraine??
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

TKiran wrote:May be they agreed to supply endless amounts of military aged cannon fodder for Ukraine??? Even in 90's they sent Paki cannon fodder to Yugoslavia. May be they have a sizeable number of Kerala youth also in that cannon fodder???

About 2 months back NSA Ajit Doval was summoned to Moscow. And after he returned to India he banned PFI. May be sizeable no. of cannon fodder from all over India already fighting for Ukraine??
Doval was “summoned” to Moscow?

And “maybe” Indians are fighting for Ukraine as cannon fodder?

Please back up your statements with sources or desist from posting nonsense. Thank you.
TKiran
BRFite

Post by TKiran »

KLNMurthy wrote:
TKiran wrote:May be they agreed to supply endless amounts of military aged cannon fodder for Ukraine??? Even in 90's they sent Paki cannon fodder to Yugoslavia. May be they have a sizeable number of Kerala youth also in that cannon fodder???

Doval was “summoned” to Moscow?

And “maybe” Indians are fighting for Ukraine as cannon fodder?

Please back up your statements with sources or desist from posting nonsense. Thank you.
Indian National Security Advisor (NSA) Ajit Doval paid an unannounced visit to Moscow on Tuesday to assess progress and recent developments in bilateral relations as India continues to deepen its engagement with Russia on regional and international concerns.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wionew ... 507653/amp
During his two-day visit to Moscow, Doval will meet with Russian officials, notably his counterpart Nikolai Patrushev, to discuss a number of regional and international concerns, including Afghanistan, counterterrorism, defence, and food and energy security in the wake of the Ukraine war.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SeemaSengupt ... 8323943426

Seema Sengupta,
@SeemaSengupta5
Interesting, coming shortly after NSA Doval's Moscow trip. Disparate ISIS Central Asian foot soldiers logistically incapable of launching cross-continent suicide mission in India/"unless supported by influential Russian drug mafias operating in Goa" says a Central Intel source.
3:39 PM · Aug 22, 2022
·Twitter for Android

It was open secret about 1 week back in Twitter that PFI was banned only because of Russian inputs, Twitter is heavily sensored now, unable to get the links.

Except in UP, BJP never touched any m in entire india with a barge poll., then why ban PFI?? They arekilling Hs or 2047 islamic state of India are just noise. The signal is something else

Also I reported about PFI rally in Chennai

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7837&p=2559321#p2559321

They were not completely indians, some were of African origin, some look so sharp like arabic, some may be white also. Also major force was "ladies" very disciplined but very fit. There's more to PFI than meets the eye
Last edited by TKiran on 04 Oct 2022 07:24, edited 1 time in total.
Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Post by Brad Goodman »

Larry Walker wrote:On a side note - i happened to come across some Paki railfan blogs where they document their journeys etc. What surprised me is the utter un-industrialization of Pakistan - one does not see any factories or any freight movement at all. Their main trunk lines - running between Isloo-Lahore-Karachi look primitive and their major stations even more ancient than oldest C-category loop-line stations in India. Also i do not see much freight or people movement even on their trunk roads. So how is Paki economy churning ? no labor movement - no freight movement - no signs of any large industries or factory clusters around main thoroughfares !!!
To me seems like even 200B GDP is an over-assumption if you discount all the remittances.
I also watched a bunch of those vlogs from Pakrailography , sites & sounds and spunkyexpress. Simple rail fans trying to live their railway fan dream. Few observations. Just three rail lines ML1, ML2 & ML3. Of this ML1 and ML2 are just parallel lines running to same destination (Peshawar to Rohri). ML1 is only one that has double tracks but the tracks are so bad in shape that in Sindh they derail quite often. Absolutely zero electrifications, There was a small branch line that was electrified in 1980s but then Pakis being Pakis stole the wires and now only poles remain. (takes some real jigar to steal 25kv lines)
Still use Semaphore signals on most lines. On branch lines it is ball token in place, something we did away guess 20-30 years ago. Very few places on ML1 have absolute blocking signals and they do not work quite often because of maintenance. Rail tracks and sleepers are very weak, I am not an expert on sleepers but the ones I see are like small concrete blocks under rail and then a very thin piece of steel connecting the blocks unlike sleepers in India that are full concrete. I am sure those are cheap. Another observation is they have abandoned all meter guage tracks. Forget upgrading or even maintaining these they just gave up.
On freight traffic only mostly seen on ML1 taking few goods from Karachi port to up north. Some small container traffic like 30 odd cars with single engine. Very small containers usually 2/car. They also run coal containers from Karachi to Punjab for power plant nothing else is visible. They do not have enough wagons or engines. They have few cheeni and few GE locomotives. I think they do not have seperate passenger and freight built locos but use mixed traction or either or traffic.
They lost of a lot of passenger cars to accidents recently so run on very tight schedule with no spare bogies. One train gets late then whole thing gets disrupted. The bogies are so old that they seem to have been in use for 40+ years. Stations & platforms are also like ones we used to have in 80s and early 90s. They seem to be handing over day today running operations to pvt companies to cut losses.
Can keep going on but its just dying on vine at the moment
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

I would think its the same for all types of public infrastructure, be it electricity grids, P&T, water supply, health care... But along as Pindi's golf lawns are manicured, alleezwell.
mody
BRFite

Post by mody »

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/world ... 73881.html

Latest paki tender to import LNG also bites the dust. The tender was for supply of 1 LNG cargo per month, starting from January 2023 and for a total duration of 4-6 years.
With this, it will almost be impossible for the pakis to signup anybody for a long terms contract. 3 months is just not even time for another tender to fructify. Maybe a last ditch desperate attempt might succeed. If not they will have to buy from the spot market and with the coming onset of winter, the spot LNG prices around the world are expected to go up even further. Besides, the pakis would have to make spot payments in hard currency for spot deals. something which would be impossible for them.
More energy woes in store. Let the land of the pure go back to the days of prophet and make do with wood and dung as fuel.
mody
BRFite

Post by mody »

The conditions of the railways is perfectly emblematic of the two countries. India just introduced its first indigenous semi-high speed train that can run at 200Kmph and as per today's news, the has increased the speed of 500 trains from 1st of October and converted 130 odd additional trains to superfast category. India has achieved almost 90% electrification of the world 2nd largest railways network and carries the equivalent of Sri Lanka's entire population on its railway network everyday. A lot of the train stations are being upgraded to world class standard and the total freighr being carried on the railways has been increasing at a good pace over the past 3 years.

As opposed to this, the paki railway is in termical decline and at the current rate, might be forced to stop most of its operations over the next 5-10 years. Same as the country, which might also go bankrupt over the next 5 years. Maybe the country will be saved from total failure by the largesse of the 4 fathers, but the paki railways probaly does not have such godfathers and mostly will continue its terminal decline. The CPEC ML1 line project is stuck and there is no way that the pakis can afford the cost of same.
ritesh
BRFite

Post by ritesh »

Cyrano wrote:I would think its the same for all types of public infrastructure, be it electricity grids, P&T, water supply, health care... But along as Pindi's golf lawns are manicured, alleezwell.
Keep getting random porki video on YouTube, and the main theme for these beggars is India mein na bahut gurbat hai. WTF, ye kya itne andhe ki apne giraban mein nahi jhakte?
S_Madhukar
BRFite

Post by S_Madhukar »

A truck was caught at Atari border smuggling heroin. Now that explains the Baki economy! Unfortunately IMF and WB don't think of this as a good product hence Baki economy which is actually $30Tn (10 times the baniyas) never gets the accolades it deserves :((
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

ritesh wrote:
Cyrano wrote:I would think its the same for all types of public infrastructure, be it electricity grids, P&T, water supply, health care... But along as Pindi's golf lawns are manicured, alleezwell.
Keep getting random porki video on YouTube, and the main theme for these beggars is India mein na bahut gurbat hai. WTF, ye kya itne andhe ki apne giraban mein nahi jhakte?
For them util they get gost.........they are rich. See no Garibi.
jash_p
BRFite

Post by jash_p »

[quote]Energy crisis: Pakistan fails to secure LNG contract[/b]
Back in August, PLL had invited bids for 72 LNG cargoes from international suppliers across a period of six years. However, no supplier participated in Pakistan’s tender, which expired on October 3, showed PLL bid documents. Suppliers were asked to submit bids by July 7. As per PLL documents, each cargo was to have a volumetric quantity of 140,000m3. However, back then as well, the state-owned LNG purchaser did not receive a single offer in a $1 billion LNG purchase tender, reported Bloomberg, citing traders with knowledge of the matter. “That illustrates both the extent of the global fuel shortage and also the reluctance of suppliers to sell to a country in the depths of an economic crisis,” said the report then.[/quote]

No one trust Pakis and no one have faith that Pakis will pay so no one is coming for bids.[/color]
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Please go easy on the font sizes and colours birather, we can read the regular display.
Jay
BRFite

Post by Jay »

TKiran wrote:
About 2 months back NSA Ajit Doval was summoned to Moscow.
Yeah, right? We are not a 2 aukad nation like the Pakis to be summoned by anybody.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

mody wrote:https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/world ... 73881.html

Besides, the pakis would have to make spot payments in hard currency for spot deals. something which would be impossible for them.
More energy woes in store. Let the land of the pure go back to the days of prophet and make do with wood and dung as fuel.
Pakis are expert at Spot fixing so should be easy for them to fix the pricing.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Pakis have started their usual games after receiving the money.
Minister assures no breach in IMF deal after petrol price drop
ISLAMABAD: Minister of State for Finance and Revenue Aisha Ghaus Pasha Tuesday assured that Pakistan has not breached any of the conditions laid forth by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) after the government reduced the price of petroleum products.

Ever since Finance Minister Ishaq Dar slashed the price of petrol last week, speculations regarding the future of the IMF deal have run rife.

Since he was sworn in Dar and his predecessor Miftah Ismail could not go along as both had a difference of opinion on the IMF deal and the phasing out of fuel subsidies.
Addressing the concerns, Pasha clarified that Pakistan had some space, which the government used to provide relief to the masses by slashing the petrol price by Rs12.63 per litre.

“We are still committed to the IMF programme,” she said, adding that the authorities wanted to provide the flood-weary masses with some relief without tampering with the IMF conditions.

She further added that government officials are scheduled to meet the Fund representatives in October where both sides will discuss things in detail.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Policy commitments made by Pakistan continue to apply: IMF
The International Monetary Fund’s (IMF) resident representative in Islamabad, Esther Perez Ruiz, said on Monday that policy commitments made by the government to resume the support programme continue to apply.

“Policy commitments made by the Pakistani authorities as part of the seventh and eighth reviews under their IMF-support programme continue to apply,” she told Reuters.

She said policy discussions, including how to target support to those affected by the floods while maintaining macroeconomic stability, will commence in the coming weeks after the damage assessment report becomes available. The IMF official made the comments in response to a question if the recent reduction in fuel prices had been discussed with the lender.
Dar said imposing additional levies was not justified as the country struggled with catastrophic floods that have killed more than 1,600 people and inflicted at least $30 billion in damages.

“I have been dealing with the IMF for the last 25 years; I will deal with it,” he said, referring to any potential reservations by the lender.

Dar’s statement had come in response to his predecessor’s criticism, who termed the move to slash fuel prices by reducing levy sans IMF approval as “reckless”.

Dar responded by advising Ismail not to worry as he knew how to deal with the international lender.

“Maybe Miftah sahab was comfortable (in burdening the public). But I’ve been dealing with the IMF for 25 years. I’m the only humble person who’s completed an IMF programme. Miftah sahab or anyone else sho­uldn’t worry… it’s betw­e­en me and the IMF,” he said during an interview on Geo News.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

Bhikari porkis are getting their regular weapons supplies ., more recently an ISR aircraft., unkles new generosity with refurbishing F16s., turkey birds generosity etc., they are the rent b$iches now.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

This must be a new record. 40 days between signing all the IMF conditions and then turning around and breaching it.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Indicates that they are that confident about the restarting of the US gravy train now.. first A'stan, now U'rIne. Maybe some more stans in between before the final grand prize.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

jash_p
BRFite

Post by jash_p »

Does anyone knows what happened to $ 816 million suppose to be raised by UN?
S_Madhukar
BRFite

Post by S_Madhukar »

As usual said multiple times keep the females here and export the males . Napakis will never change never! :rotfl:
neeraj
BRFite

Post by neeraj »

S_Madhukar wrote:
As usual said multiple times keep the females here and export the males . Napakis will never change never! :rotfl:
With all male dogs exported the Pakistani mard has to contribute to make the females breed.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

neeraj wrote:
S_Madhukar wrote: As usual said multiple times keep the females here and export the males . Napakis will never change never! :rotfl:
With all male dogs exported the Pakistani mard has to contribute to make the females breed.
Please Sir, do not say that. What happens to faithful Khusboo?
Gautam
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

https://www.dawn.com/news/1713254/reckl ... ut-imf-nod

'Reckless': Miftah lays into govt for freezing fuel levy without IMF nod
Former finance minister Miftah Ismail on Sunday termed the government's decision to not increase the petroleum development levy (PDL) this month without the approval of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) "reckless".....
While addressing an event in Karachi on Saturday, Ismail said Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif's adviser on Establishment Ahad Cheema had asked him to discuss with the IMF managing director if petrol prices could be frozen for three months but “I said that I would die but not ask this.”

“In any case … I asked the MD if we could freeze the tax (PDL) for three months. The answer did not arrive and the government unilaterally did it. So may God have mercy.”
So they went and violated the IMF conditions of increasing the petroleum development levy (PDL).

I hope Dar does what he did previously. Use the dollar to strengthen Pakistani currency, and give out large petroleum subsidies, so Pakiland will go to IMF with a bowl in 12 months or less.

That is why I think Tejas MK1 FOC will be more than enough for our western borders for the next decade, and we need more orders for MK1 FOC and MK1A :wink:
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

As Doc Shiv states Pakistan has the uncanny ability to feel the direction of International winds blowing and rent its services in exchange for gains...
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

The creation of pakistan was no happenstance.. just a part of the continuing great game, with the captain-ship changing between the cousins across-the-pond.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

Manish_P wrote:The creation of pakistan was no happenstance.. just a part of the continuing great game, with the captain-ship changing between the cousins across-the-pond.

i think China has clearly understood whose $itch porkiland is.