Wikileaks Diplomatic Cable Dump - News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Re: Wikileaks Diplomatic Cable Dump - News and Discussion

Post by Muppalla »

Sushupti wrote:WikiLeaks: 'India would grow at 12% if it were South, West only-Chidambaram'

http://www.rediff.com/business/slide-sh ... 110906.htm
He did a great service to the nation by creating the Telangana problem so that a substantial section of South can match east in development parameters. That way he can balance all regions. :)
D Roy
BRFite

Post by D Roy »

For the record, Bihar is now among the two fastest ( along with Gujarat) growing states in India. And all the effing mineral and coal resources are in the East. Not to mention food. WB still happens to be India's largest rice producer and Bihar is absolutely required if we have to avert a major food crisis in the future. Most of India's steel production is concentrated in Jharkhand, Orissa and Chattisgarh.

This regional bullshit has to stop. I see echoes of the India-China equation here.

It will stop once Bihar emerges as one of India's wealthiest states. Which it will one and a half decades from now, if it sustains its current growth rate. There is every indication that will happen.

and during this global downturn it will be huge growth in eastern India which will sustain India's overall growth rate and make it come out tops.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

^^Exactly with Magadh's utthhan Bharatvarsh will even transcend the glory of Gupta kaal! 8)
Cosmo_R
BRF Oldie

Post by Cosmo_R »

D Roy wrote:For the record, Bihar is now among the two fastest ( along with Gujarat) growing states in India. ......
....if it sustains its current growth rate. There is every indication that will happen. .....
So what are the key factors that drive Bihar's recent success?. I'd like to volunteer these:

1. Enlisting retired IAS types to implement new administrative procedures on a pro bono (unpaid) basis as a 'challenge'.

2. #1 led to among other things appointing non-residents as judges which meant by the book rulings since their families could not be threatened and

3. Various steps to monitor governance and enforce accountability.

4. Nitish Kumar

There is nothing and no region that cannot be improved and boosted. All it takes is governance and accountability instead of 24/7 electioneering.

Sad fact is India should have the government it needs and deserves and not the one it gets.

BTW, when one retired IAS 'chap' told me of this strategy 3 years ago, I laughed and reminded him of Laloo's apocryphal riposte to the visiting Japanese Minister who said: "Give us three years and we can transform Bihar into Japan." LPY is said have responded: " Give me three months and I'll transform Japan into Bihar."

This summer, I paid him the wager.
Jaspreet
BRFite

Post by Jaspreet »

Many cabinet ministers and officers are known to have views differing from that of MMS, yet they ultimately do as he says. So why is that? Does he prevail upon them
(a) by force of arguments, in which case their position is provably weaker than his. It could also mean that the rest of the cabinet agreed with MMS and people like MKN found themselves isolated or
(b) by his strong personality, which doesn't say anything on the merits or otherwise of his position or
(c) by using his rank or
(d) by using Sonia threat or
(e) by simply having access to more intelligence than the mere mortals on the interwebs. Intelligence and information that shows the soundness of his opinions. Perhaps that's the reason that people like BR have changed their softened their approach in recent times or
(f) he owes something to the US.

To say that MMS is not batting for India is to simply state the description of the problem. Can someone venture a guess as to why this is so? Shiv implied elsewhere that Indians are perhaps deluded about India's wealth and power. Is that the reason?
Cosmo_R
BRF Oldie

Post by Cosmo_R »

@Jaspreet ^^^

I can only offer the wise fools theory re MMS whose Achilles heel is intellectualism. It's all 'rational economics': Surely people will act in their own self interest (as perceived by him). So you spend time on Leontieff I/O analysis and negotiate FTAs and such like because hey, who could be against this-- truth will triumph etc..

But the opposing forces (internal and external) are also political animals and you get the SeS declaration which is later declared a 'drafting error' and most recently the Teesta incident in which MB cuts off his 'teestamonials'.

SSM is a very smart guy and you don't want to mess with him in an intellectual knife fight. But, he is a theoretician who does not understand that people with much less intellect than he could make chess counter moves that he thinks they wont because they should not.

One does not know whether to laugh or cry. It's a bit like VVSL proclaiming we can beat any (cricket) team in the world at the start of the current England tour.

It's 'air guitar' time.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

For those in awe about massa's reach and search capabilities, didn't the comments on Anna Hazare meant to support UPA backfire?
BSR Murthy
BRFite

Post by BSR Murthy »

Philip wrote:Shameful,the list of prominent politicos,bureaucratic flunkeys and diplomutts,who pretend to have the nation's interests at heart but are ever-ready to do Uncle Sam's bidding.

As for "Mike's" (MKN) views being only that of his "personal viewpoint",by virtue of his position as NSA he had to represent the nation's/GOI's viewpointf first.Let us ever remember what that great Soviet For.Min and later pres.,Anatoly Gromyko once told the US ambassador to the USSR.The ambassador was effusive in his praise for Gromyko and for some of the Soviet's policies,saying that that was his personal opinion.Gromyko cut him short and reportedly retorted,"I don't care a damn about your personal opinions,what I am only interested in are the views of your country"! It is said that the Kissinger-Gromyko summits were legendary for the massive amount of research and preparatory work done by both sides as they respected each other immensely and did not want to be found wanting in intellectual and factual acumen and knowldge at the summits which they eagerly looked forward to.

Contrast this with the unique example of our very own legend,SMK,whose ignorance of affairs diplomatique must be setting a new Guinness record.What is most shocking is the duplicity shown by those who are supposed to represent the country,privately telling the US not to worry as "it is all posturing".What signal do these truths tell our mortal enemies Pak and China? That India is a loudly trumpeting elephant with feet of jelly and "Mahout" Mohan Singh will make the elephant perform any circus trick for the price of 30 pieces of silver?!

PS:Mahout Mubarak Singh is not a great economist but a great "Con-omist"!
Philip garu, you meant Andrei Gromyko. It used to be great pleasure to watch this dignified gentleman on American TV. He was a man of great intellect with excellent recall of facts who held his own against anybody in the West - some say inflexibly. He served his country with duty, devotion and distinction. Alas, we have a completely different set of sell-outs and jokers representing India.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Jaspreet wrote:Many cabinet ministers and officers are known to have views differing from that of MMS, yet they ultimately do as he says.
Well the Cabinet ministers dont care about what he says at all, I would not blame Manmohan for the actions of his cabinet collegues in any way since he has zero say in such matters (as we have seen) -- the cabinet ministers take their own decisions after suitable by in from Sonia.

At most Manmohan acts as the courier between Sonia and his colleagues.

Secondly, Man mohan's area of operation as left to his individual actions are very few, there he has space to do as he thinks fit as long as it ties in with overall scheme set by Sonia -- so in that space while is views matter to an extent in terms of small details, his authority comes from the fact that he is trusted by Sonia to do the right thing by her.

As long as he delivers to his mistresses deliverable, he has immense political backing.

So the answer is two fold
1) Manmohan is a cipher in all areas except directly under him
2) In those areas his strength is from keeping the boss happy.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Sorry Murthy,you are absolutely right.I was also thinking at the same time of another legendary Russian diplomat Anatoly Dobrynin,who was ambassador to the US during the tenure of 6 US presidents.

Sanku-a truly observant man thou art.Man Mahout Singh has another avatar,not that of a "constable",but that of a "postman". A man who wears many turbans indeed!
chiragAS
BRFite

Post by chiragAS »

geeth wrote:I received a e-mail in which a list of Swiss bank holders from India are mentioned. Not able to cut & Paste. The Amount mentioned is in INR Crores. Don't know if it is reliable.

Prominent names are :
The list is too small. Its amazing certain known political party members name is not mentioned.
I remember getting a similar email (the mass email forward types highly unreliable ones) which had names like late pr@m#d m@h@jan who got 3k crores for increasing pulse rate of BSNL/MTNL so that 30p scheme of reli@nc# takes off back in 2002 or so...

when it comes to corruption current rulers are unbeateble though.
Last edited by chiragAS on 12 Sep 2011 16:59, edited 1 time in total.
gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

I received a e-mail in which a list of Swiss bank holders from India are mentioned. Not able to cut & Paste. The Amount mentioned is in INR Crores. Don't know if it is reliable.
IMHO that list is fake.... I mean why would shard pawar have an account in his own name... usually they use laayers as a front... BESIDES I did not find it when I searched retro in wikileaks site...besides that list also had account holders from Lichtenstein... we know for sure that wikileaks possesses data from swiss banks only... not from cayman isles etc..
abhischekcc
BRF Oldie

Post by abhischekcc »

Sanku wrote:You have done yeomen service to the motherland, we must not call you names because then it would reflect badly on us.
Or Manmohan might complain that his 'feelings have been hurt' by a bunch of internet Hindus :lol: on Bharat Rakshak.

I mean, how much of a shikhandi is that guy?
abhischekcc
BRF Oldie

Post by abhischekcc »

Muppalla wrote:
Sushupti wrote:WikiLeaks: 'India would grow at 12% if it were South, West only-Chidambaram'

http://www.rediff.com/business/slide-sh ... 110906.htm
He did a great service to the nation by creating the Telangana problem so that a substantial section of South can match east in development parameters. That way he can balance all regions. :)
:lol:
abhischekcc
BRF Oldie

Post by abhischekcc »

Acharya wrote:Got some info on Anna Hazare. He is a marxist for a long period of time. So his connection to the international organization should not be dis counted.
Source please!

Not that I am doubting you. A RAW officer told my father the same thing - that several Naxal cells had infiltrated delhi during the agitation (they nominally attend JNU), and had Anna's movement failed, these cells would have attempted Singur 2.0 in delhi.

My reading of the situation is similar, but not the same. How do a handful of people with no mass base (Anna, Bedi, Kejriwal, Bhushans) spearhead such a large scale nationwide movement? Common sense says that there is a national level organization that is backing them.

I don't doubt the sincerity of the crowds. But I do have unanswered question about how this movement was organized.
abhischekcc
BRF Oldie

Post by abhischekcc »

Manish Jain wrote:Wikileaks:Vatican not happy with BJP victory as it is a potential hindrance in dalit conversion

http://www.thehindu.com/news/the-india- ... 713093.ece
Oh yeah, the Vatican worried about religious 'freedom'.

The organization that still has not apologized for the horrors of inquisition, for the crusades, for providing the inspiration for the holocaust is worried about religious 'freedom' in Hindu India. :lol:

Man I laughed so hard I cried.
abhischekcc
BRF Oldie

Post by abhischekcc »

[quote="Venkarl]what an attack? or should I call it an insult? Sharad Pawar was smirking? and our PM was sitting there like a stone unaffected....after this kind of attack from SSji on floor, on record when the whole country is watching him....I wonder how he is able to sleep in night and step in PMO and Ubhaya Sabhas next day...either he is a Yantra or a Sthitaprajna...[/quote]

Neither. He is shameless.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

http://www.rediff.com/business/slide-sh ... 111007.htm
What's your take on India's 'Amnesty Plan' to net black money?

I doubt any amnesty plan will work. In the last two years, there has been plenty of evidence that amnesty plan will not work.

The Liechtenstein CDs, HSBC CDs, the struggle between the UBS (Switzerland) -- USA in respect of tax etc brought so many tax evaders to light.

It is simply naive to believe that any Amnesty Plan related to tax matters will work in this world.

An Amnesty Plan is a farce to show governments have made a move in the right direction.

What is keeping back India from pursuing the issue of black money?

To be fair, I am not an expert on India. About the tax treaty between India and Mauritius, it seems the political will is missing to force corrective action. Again it needs global commitment and action to solve this issue. If not, too many loopholes remain.
What sort of Indian clientele deals with Swiss banks? Can you categorise them?

You will find film stars, artists, politicians, cricket players and lawyers . . . I mean, generally speaking, people who earn high income and work internationally.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

The AH movement might have strong backers who help swell the tide of support,but in truth,the AH movement is in many respects similar to the "Jasmine Revolution" / "Arab Sping" that has hit the Middle East.With a new scam erupting almost every day like a pustulent boil upon the nation's body politic,a breaking point was arrived at when in toal frustartion and to vent their anger at the UPA-2,the Middle Class and youth went onto the streets in protest.This is a brand new phenomena in India and augurs badly for the ruling coalition.Unless they take genuine drastic measures to restore confidence in the people,a veritable tsunami will sweep them out of power .The desire amongst the poeple of India to "punish" the guilty and corrupt has never been stronger.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

So it has served its purpose?
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

abhischekcc wrote:
Manish Jain wrote:Wikileaks:Vatican not happy with BJP victory as it is a potential hindrance in dalit conversion

http://www.thehindu.com/news/the-india- ... 713093.ece
Oh yeah, the Vatican worried about religious 'freedom'.

The organization that still has not apologized for the horrors of inquisition, for the crusades, for providing the inspiration for the holocaust is worried about religious 'freedom' in Hindu India. :lol:

Man I laughed so hard I cried.
Most of the crowds initially seemed to be cadres of some sort. When they showed shots of buses bringing supporters into Ramlila grd, it showed discliplined and orderly folks, some with Bhagat Singh topis and similar moustache sitting in the buses, sitting 2 a seat at a given time. Ofcourse there were also the onlookers and aam admi supporters but these would never exceed 25% of the total crowd under any given circumstance. That is the general feeling I got. Ofcourse initially there was RSS support for the movement and most cadres were RSS, during 2nd or 3rd day the Jama Masjid got into action and despatched it's volunteers since they didn't want the RSS-wadis to hog all limelight. By that time it was almost a mass movement with school children, volunteers, and common middle-class folk floating in and out at fixed times. School children in mornings, volunteers in afternoon and middle-class folk during evenings after work etc.
Klaus
BRF Oldie

Post by Klaus »

Not sure if this is the right thread to post on Bradley Manning: Investigators say that they have found evidence of contact information and online chats in Manning's computer hard drive.
the US Army digital forensics experts said they recovered State Department cables, US military field reports from Iraq and Afghanistan, and other classified material from Manning's computers and storage devices.

They did not specifically state that the reports matched those released by WikiLeaks, but the anti-secrecy site published approximately the same number.

Special Agent David Shaver, head of the CCIU's digital forensics and research branch, said investigators had also found 10,000 State Department cables that were apparently not passed on to WikiLeaks because of a corrupted file.
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

WikiLeaks releases 5m intelligence emails
High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut & paste the article. See our Ts&Cs and Copyright Policy for more detail. Email ftsales.support@ft.com to buy additional rights. http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/2b933f26-613d ... z1naBa4NtP

WikiLeaks, the whistleblowing website, has started publishing more than 5m emails it claims to have from a US intelligence analysis company that has been described as the “shadow CIA”.

The emails could expose sources and intelligence gathering by Stratfor, whose clients include a number of large corporations including BT, BAE Systems, Apple, Microsoft, Coca-Cola and Google.
High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut & paste the article. See our Ts&Cs and Copyright Policy for more detail. Email ftsales.support@ft.com to buy additional rights. http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/2b933f26-613d ... z1naBcsFQ1

Stratfor’s computer systems were attacked just before Christmas by members of Anonymous, the loose-knit group of politically motivated hackers. The hacking attack exposed credit card numbers and personal data, and members of Anonymous also claimed they had emails from about 100 employees, which they would arrange to publish.

Stratfor confirmed that a number of emails had been stolen in the December attack, and described the action as “a deplorable, unfortunate – and illegal – breach of privacy”.

“Some of the emails may be forged or altered to include inaccuracies; some may be authentic. We will not validate either. Nor will we explain the thinking that went into them. Having had our property stolen, we will not be victimised twice by submitting to questioning about them,” the company said.

“This is another attempt to silence and intimidate the company, and one we reject,” said Stratfor.

WikiLeaks said the emails showed the inner workings of the intelligence agency and links between government and private agencies, as well as containing information that revealed that the US government and Stratfor were collecting information on WikiLeaks itself.

“The material contains privileged information about the US government’s attacks against Julian Assange and WikiLeaks and Stratfor’s own attempts to subvert WikiLeaks,” the WikiLeaks website wrote. WikiLeaks said there were more than 4,000 emails mentioning Mr Assange, the WikiLeaks founder, within the documents it was publishing.
R Vaidya
BRFite

Post by R Vaidya »

http://www.thehindu.com/news/internatio ... 938976.ece

Stratfor accused of spying for Dow on Bhopal activists
PTI Share · Comment (1) · print · T+ US-based security think-tank Stratfor spied for the Dow Chemicals on the activists of the 1984 Bhopal gas tragedy, WikiLeaks alleged today as the whistleblower website started publishing millions of confidential emails of this prominent private intelligence analyst group.
The e-mails date between July 2004 and late December 2011, WikiLeaks said.
“They reveal the inner workings of a company that fronts as an intelligence publisher, but provides confidential intelligence services to large corporations, such as Bhopal’s Dow Chemical Co, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon and government agencies, including the US Department of Homeland Security, the US Marines and the US Defence Intelligence Agency,” WikiLeaks alleged.
Stratfor was not immediately available for its reaction on the allegations by WikiLeaks. But the website of this Texas-based organisation said that it is offering all its contents for free.
“I wanted to warn you that individuals continue to send out false communications that appear to be from Stratfor.
These spam emails may contain malware and attachments, and may attempt to lead you to websites that look like our own. They may also attempt to convince you to provide your private information,” says Stratfor CEO George Friedman on its website.
The emails posted by WikiLeaks on its website, revealed that Stratfor not only provided to Dow Chemicals and Union Carbide the analysis of the daily developments on the case related to the Bhopal Gas tragedy in Indian courts, but also the activities including the travel plans and like where they are staying or what they plan to do.
PTI has not been able to independently verify the authenticity of these emails.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Look into the Excel sheet link given below. It is Shekhar Gupta of Indian express.

http://wikileaks.org/gifiles/attach/102 ... ogram.xlsx
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

India should boycott the London Olympics as Dow is a sponsor. Dow is using a open source intel gang Stratfor, to influence and shape Indian media opinion(via Shekar Gupta et al) about its Bhopal liability.
Not this very Stratfor has no place for India in its view of the 21st Century.

Its an adverse agency no different thatn a govt agency.

Please start a Facebook and Twitter campaign for Indian boycott of London Olymics due to Dow sponsorship.

Altair and other gurus need you to think this one thru.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Stratfor bats "for" Uncle Sam and the US of A.No mistake that.It will bat for Dow or for any US MNC protecting the selfish interests of the US in general. I agree with Ramanna,that Indians should boycott attending the London Olympics and all Indian team/delegation members protest at the Olympics in massive fashion,black armbands,wearing gas masks,carrying posters and pics of dead victims,Anderson hanging from the gibbet,Dow the rapacious animal,etc.,etc.The entire globe will be watching at the opening and closing ceremonies,no better time to display our united anger at Dow and its cronies.We should first send every team member,delegations.sports bodies,etc.,a petition demanding that the sportsmen and women stand up for the victims of Bhopal at the Olympics and show their disgust and anger at the Olympic movement for accepting Dow's blood money.
member_21708
BRFite

Post by member_21708 »

The Global Intelligence Files
LONDON—Today, Monday 27 February, WikiLeaks began publishing The Global Intelligence Files – more than five million emails from the Texas-headquartered "global intelligence" company Stratfor. The emails date from between July 2004 and late December 2011. They reveal the inner workings of a company that fronts as an intelligence publisher, but provides confidential intelligence services to large corporations, such as Bhopal’s Dow Chemical Co., Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon and government agencies, including the US Department of Homeland Security, the US Marines and the US Defense Intelligence Agency. The emails show Stratfor’s web of informers, pay-off structure, payment-laundering techniques and psychological methods, for example:
The material shows how a private intelligence agency works, and how they target individuals for their corporate and government clients. For example, Stratfor monitored and analysed the online activities of Bhopal activists, including the "Yes Men", for the US chemical giant Dow Chemical. The activists seek redress for the 1984 Dow Chemical/Union Carbide gas disaster in Bhopal, India. The disaster led to thousands of deaths, injuries in more than half a million people, and lasting environmental damage.
Like WikiLeaks’ diplomatic cables, much of the significance of the emails will be revealed over the coming weeks, as our coalition and the public search through them and discover connections. Readers will find that whereas large numbers of Stratfor’s subscribers and clients work in the US military and intelligence agencies, Stratfor gave a complimentary membership to the controversial Pakistan general Hamid Gul, former head of Pakistan’s ISI intelligence service, who, according to US diplomatic cables, planned an IED attack on international forces in Afghanistan in 2006.

http://wikileaks.org/the-gifiles.html?nocache
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

What if Stratfor is there on normal business which is open source info gathering and other legal stuff?

Besides what are the chances that Stratfor had the go ahead from the guys who got Anderson out in the nick of time?

Those guys are pretty adept at shooting themselves in the foot. Esp. with the DVS fellow hailing from MP, who knows he actually is the friend philosopher of Saale sahib, on such matters?

But common who is going to miss India in the Olympics. Even a thing like Black Power Salute may not help any.

A million dollor spent on the net targeting western countries may be a much bigger bang for the buck. Quite a lot of Indians would be willing to raise that kind of an amount to say Kejriwal. In any case Kejriwal is itching for a new fight.
member_21708
BRFite

Post by member_21708 »

ravi_g wrote:What if Stratfor is there on normal business which is open source info gathering and other legal stuff?
Bribing politicians and reporters is not legal, its criminal and punishable.

Stratfor is a spyshop for the globalists who rely on it for info to target their enemies.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

ravi_g, compass going awry? Please think it over.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

ramana wrote:compass going awry?
Ouch :mrgreen:
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

The Olympics is the perfect venue for India to enlighten the world about the decades old tragedy of Bhopal-the world's greatest industrial disaster and the cruelty inflicted upon the victims and their families since then,to date,by Dow,the inheritors of UC's despicable and shameful criminal reputation.We need to show the world that India will not tolerate anymore neo-imperialist behaviour no matter from which quarter it comes.

To coincide with the Olympics,on the eve of the opening,the GOI should take massive action against all Dow's entities in India,expel the company and all its firang execs,banning them from entering the country forever,seizing all their properties and assets until adequate compensation is delivered to the victims and Warren Anderson handed over to India for trial/conviction.
anmol
BRFite

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): 15 Jan 201

Post by anmol »

have this been posted ? :
http://wikileaks.org/gifiles/docs/11464 ... eded-.html
Re: OBL take -- quick response needed
Email-ID 1146487
Date 2011-05-14 01:47:27
From burton@stratfor.com
To bokhari@stratfor.com, sean.noonan@stratfor.com, secure@stratfor.com
ISI should know by now since they have the homeowner. There is much more
to the story on The Courier which ISI doesn't know.

On 5/13/2011 6:18 PM, Kamran Bokhari wrote:

You know this reminds me of a discussion I had on NPR's Diane Rehm Show
back in July '07. I was on with Peter Brookes (former deputy assistant
secretary of defense for Asian and Pacific affairs in the second Bush
administration) and the State Dept's current CT Coordinator, Daniel
Benjamin. These two guys kept saying how ObL was in the tribal belt
while I argued that he was much deeper in K-P province. God knows how
many years were wasted chasing the sob in the tribal belt.

On 5/13/2011 7:04 PM, Fred Burton wrote:

The investigative key would be two prong to uncover the links to Paki
ISI and Mil:

1) The Homeowner

2) The Courier

Both are known quantities.

On 5/13/2011 5:56 PM, Kamran Bokhari wrote:

Could be anyone of Lt. Col or below rank. Then again it could be a
retired military officer still serving as a civie in the
directorate. Or a consultant/contractor who work in the field. Or
even a civilian official (60 percent are civilians in the ISI).
Since most army officers including the chief are deputed to the ISI
for a max of 3 years, we are really talking about people who are
career intel officers. Then there is a large cadre of retired army
personnel outside the security establishment. Good luck sifting
through the jungle.

On 5/13/2011 5:29 PM, Fred Burton wrote:

Not further specified. But, it may help explain why the ISI chief
has offered to resign, which is the noble way out. He can be the
fall guy for domestic consumption. It would be best if he
defected

On 5/13/2011 4:23 PM, Kamran Bokhari wrote:

What does source mean by mid to senior level. As for retired, I
can think of a number of them. So, that is not really
surprising.

On 5/13/2011 2:27 PM, burton@stratfor.com wrote:

Same response as before:

Mid to senior level ISI and Pak Mil with one retired Pak Mil
General that had knowledge of the OBL arrangements and safe
house.

Names unk to me and not provided.

Specific ranks unk to me and not provided.

But, I get a very clear sense we (US intel) know names and
ranks.

I also do not know if we have passed this info to the GOP.

If I was in command, I would not pass the info to the GOP,
because we can't trust them.
I would piece meal the names off
and bury in a list of other non-related names for internal ISI
traces in a non-alerting fashion, to see what the Pakis tell
us.

I may also trade one or two names for the captured tail
rudder.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 12:22:31 -0500 (CDT)
To: Kamran Bokhari
Cc: Sean Noonan; Secure
List
Subject: Re: OBL take -- quick response needed
I may be able to get that, let me ask.

On 5/13/2011 12:21 PM, Kamran Bokhari wrote:

No surprises here. We will never find out their departments
but their ranks would be very telling.

On 5/13/2011 11:19 AM, Sean Noonan wrote:

awesome. Please see what you can find out about what kind
of department they are in, or area they cover.

On 5/13/11 9:58 AM, Fred Burton wrote:

More on # 3 --

Several w/in ISI and Pak Mil, less than 12.

More on this later.

On 5/12/2011 3:26 PM, Sean Noonan wrote:

1 specific operational plans

2 communications with franchise groups (like AQAP)

3 connections to anyone associated with the Pakistani state

------Original Message------
To: Secure List
Subject: OBL take -- quick response needed
Sent: May 12, 2011 15:25

I can get access to the materials seized from the OBL safe house.

What are the top (not 45) questions we want addressed?

--

Sean Noonan

Tactical Analyst

Office: +1 512-279-9479

Mobile: +1 512-758-5967

Strategic Forecasting, Inc.
http://wikileaks.org/gifiles/docs/99192 ... k700-.html
INSIGHT - US/Pakistan - Government and Military Relations - PK700
Email-ID 991928
Date 2011-09-30 18:43:15
From Anya.Alfano@stratfor.com
To fred.burton@stratfor.com, watchofficer@stratfor.com
Source Code: PK700
ATTRIBUTION: STRATFOR security source
SOURCE DESCRIPTION: Former Pakistani intelligence officer
PUBLICATION: Yes
SOURCE RELIABILITY: B
ITEM CREDIBILITY: C (personal opinion/analysis and speculation)
SPECIAL HANDLING: None
SOURCE HANDLER: Fred

Source sent these comments with the article "Thinking the Unthinkable" by
Abdus Salam Akhtar:

A sample of the reaction to Mullens statement in Pakistan. I think the
trust and the partnership has been very very badly damaged. People think
this as the third betrayal of Pakistan by USA and the worst outcome has
been the opportunity to those opposing Pakistan,s help/participation to
gloat and have something to say
. The more US media or the officials blame
The ISI the more they make it impossible for any one to even utter a word
of support for US.
I am surprised that the US authorities have not yet learnt that in
Pakistan there is very high value placed on respect
. You can achieve a lot
by talking nicely and secretly but insulting a nation and behaving like
the proverbial ugly American will only earn you hostility. The national
make up of Afghans and Pakistanis is not very different and both have
fairly pronounced suicidal tendencies
. :rotfl:
I pray better sense prevails and
damage repair exercise is undertaken. The entire political leadership
across the board met yesterday and agreed to stand with the Army and The
ISI.
Last edited by anmol on 28 Feb 2012 23:13, edited 1 time in total.
anmol
BRFite

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): 15 Jan 201

Post by anmol »

Is there a Wiki Leak thread ?

http://wikileaks.org/gifiles/docs/67923 ... g-car.html
INDIA/PAKISTAN/CT- LeT planned to kill CM Modi using car: WikiLeaks
Email-ID 679231
Date 1970-01-01 01:00:00
From animesh.roul@stratfor.com
To os@stratfor.com
[We knew it...Wikileak (though not original source of Info, but acted as ve=
ctor/parasite) confirmed it...]

LeT planned to kill CM Modi using car: WikiLeaks

Monday, December 6, 2010, 8:32 [IST]=20

New Delhi, Dec 6: The United States diplomatic cables released by whistle-b=
lowing website WikiLeaks revealed that the terrorist group Lashkar-e-Taiba =
(LeT) had planned an attack on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.

The LeT planed the plot to assassinate Narendra modi just seven months afte=
r 2008 Mumbai terrorist attack. The plan was to kill Modi was described as =
"operations=E2=80=A6involving a car" in the diplomatic cable sent from the =
office of the Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton

The cable described that the plot on Modi was planned by a Pakistan LeT mem=
ber Shafiq Khafa and scheduled to carry out by Indian LeT member Sameer Hus=
sein.[/
b]

The cable sent on Jun 2009 said, "LeT member Shafiq Khafa, possibly prepari=
ng for operation, and Hussein -- an India-based Lashkar-e-Taiba member -- c=
ontinued operational planning on three tasks in early June. The tasks were =
associated with a possible operation against Gujarat chief minister Narendr=
a Modi, the establishment of a training camp and unspecified work involving=
a car. Hussein would coordinate his activities with an India-based colleag=
ue identified as Sameer
." Read: =E0=A4=B9=E0=A4=BF=E0=A4=A8=E0=A5=8D=E0=A4=
=A6=E0=A5=80 =E0=A4=AE=E0=A5=87=E0=A4=82 The cable also exposed that LeT wa=
s searching for ideal sites in Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Kerala for differe=
nt operations.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Stratfor's secret ties with the CIA,etc.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... onies.html

Stratfor: executive boasted of 'trusted former CIA cronies'
A senior executive with the private intelligence firm Stratfor boasted to colleagues about his "trusted former CIA cronies" and promised to "see what I can uncover" about a classified FBI investigation, according to emails released by the WikiLeaks.

Xcpt:
By Alex Spillius, Diplomatic Correspondent

9:08PM GMT 28 Feb 2012

Fred Burton, vice president of intelligence at the Texas firm, also informed members of staff that he had a copy of the confidential indictment on Julian Assange, the founder of WikiLeaks.

The second batch of five million internal Stratfor emails obtained by the Anonymous computer hacking group revealed that the company has high level sources within the United States and other governments, runs a network of paid informants that includes embassy staff and journalists and planned a hedge fund, Stratcap, based on its secret intelligence.

It operates something of an employment revolving door with branches of the Washington establishment. Mr Burton was previously deputy chief of the counter-terrorism division in the state department's diplomatic security service.

The emails indicated that the company pays for information. One email released by WikiLeaks described a £4,000-a-month payment made to a Middle Eastern source, and another carried bits of gossip dropped by a retired spy.

Derided as a "shadow CIA" by Mr Assange, one email from chief executive George Friedman also suggested it used methods redolent of spy agencies.
Related Articles

Bin Laden 'was in routine contact with Pakistan spy agency'
27 Feb 2012

In an email from Dec 6 last year, Mr Friedman advised an analyst called Reva Bhalla on how to deal with an Israeli intelligence informant providing information on the medical condition of Hugo Chavez, the Venezuelan president.

"You have to take control of him. Control means financial, sexual or psychological control," he wrote.

Among Stratfor's major corporate subscribers, whose identity was previously confidential, are Coca Cola, which was concerned about animal-rights supporters disrupting the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver, Canada.

"To what extent will US-based PETA supporters travel to Canada to support activism?" a Coca-Cola manager asked an analyst in a 2009 email.

The firm was also hired by Dow Chemical to spy on activists seeking redress for the 1984 gas leak at its plant in Bhopal in India that killed 15,000 people and sparked a long-running legal battle.

One of the first emails released revealed that Stratfor bosses believed that mid and senior level officials in Pakistan's ISI military intelligence agency were in regular contact with Osama bin Laden and were aware of his Abbottabad compound.

In a statement, the company said that some emails had been stolen, but suggested some placed on the internet by WikiLeaks may have been forged.

"We will not validate either. Nor will we explain the thinking that went into them. Having had our property stolen, we will not be victimised twice by submitting to questioning about them," the statement said.

Mr Assange labelled the company as a "private intelligence Enron", in reference to the energy giant that collapsed after a false accounting scandal.

The Australian founder of WikiLeaks is appealing to the Supreme Court against an extradition order to Sweden from Britain for questioning on sexual harassment judges.

Meanwhile Spain arrested four suspected hackers on Tuesday associated with Anonymous, accusing them of defacing websites and releasing personal data about police officers and bodyguards protecting Spain's royal family and the prime minister.

The arrests in Madrid and Malaga were part of an international operation that identified 10 more suspects in Argentina, six in Chile and five in Colombia, Spain's interior ministry said in a statement.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Mass interception of entire populations is not only a reality, it is a secret new industry spanning 25 countries

It sounds like something out of Hollywood, but as of today, mass interception systems, built by Western intelligence contractors, including for ’political opponents’ are a reality.

Today WikiLeaks began releasing a database of hundreds of documents from as many as 160 intelligence contractors in the mass surveillance industry. Working with Bugged Planet and Privacy International, as well as media organizations form six countries – ARD in Germany, The Bureau of Investigative Journalism in the UK, The Hindu in India, L’Espresso in Italy, OWNI in France and the Washington Post in the U.S. Wikileaks is shining a light on this secret industry that has boomed since September 11, 2001 and is worth billions of dollars per year. WikiLeaks has released 287 documents today, but the Spy Files project is ongoing and further information will be released this week and into next year.
wikileaks [dot] org