3-day poll: Fate of Raymond Davis

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.

Regarding Raymond Davis (re-voting allowed)

Poll ended at 27 Feb 2011 07:57

1. He will be unconditionally released in 7 days by a Pakistan intimidated by US wrath
4%
2. He will be unconditionally released after a few weeks of echandee saving delay
36%
3. He will be released after months or years after Pakistan milks him for all he is worth and the US will sign the cheque
55%
4. He will be hanged
2%
5. The US will forget about him and say he matters less than Pakistan
2%

Total votes: 47

shiv
BRF Oldie

3-day poll: Fate of Raymond Davis

Post by shiv »

Please state your view of what will happen. Polling lasts 3 days only. You can change your mind in these 3 days and re vote
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Re: 3-day poll: Fate of Raymond Davis

Post by pgbhat »

He will be released after months or years after Pakistan milks him for all he is worth and the US will sign the cheque
Picked this. Quite possible that ISI will milk him for info and unkil for benefits or some sort of quid-pro-quo.
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

pgbhat wrote:
He will be released after months or years after Pakistan milks him for all he is worth and the US will sign the cheque
Picked this. Quite possible that ISI will milk him for info and unkil for benefits or some sort of quid-pro-quo.
Same here. But I think he will be released in coming days or months (don't think issue will drag on for years).
Rangudu
BRFite

Post by Rangudu »

TSP will milk this for a long time and likely get more.
Karna_A
BRFite

Post by Karna_A »

There will be some other event that will become way more important than Davis affair. Maybe a US Embassy capture in some ME nation.
Davis will therefore soon be forgotten, and he has already been milked to what its worth.
putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

I have another option that I think might be possible. He may be Qadrified or may be killed in Pakistan after he is released, say an IED blowing up his car or something like that. I rate probability of RD's exit alive from pakistan very low. Of course, officially, Pakistan won't hurt a hair on his body.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

I have chosen option 2 as of now. Initially thought of 3 but I don't think see-eye-yeah can afford to let one of their own languish that long in TSP prison for doing his job.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

It could be weeks or months before he is released but he would be milked for all he is worth. I choose third option excepting "years" part.
Narad
BRFite

Post by Narad »

Bholenath saar, What is the purpose of including last two options??

It ain't going to happen even in a parallel universe.
pran
BRFite

Post by pran »

If RD is not Qadri'd then he will be most likely held until the next POTUS election and ensure that this hostage situation becomes a albatross on OmBaba's neck.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

I voted 3.

As Yoda says, "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see the future is."

I would say, RD would be released in June, when it is really hot outside, and rallies and jalsas cause some discomfort! Till then, USA would cut down a bit on the pressure on TSPA to enter North Waziristan, the drone attacks, etc., even though there would be medium term consequences for Pakistan. Pakistan is pretty much spoiling the mood in Washington.
abhischekcc
BRF Oldie

Post by abhischekcc »

I voted "He will be released after months or years after Pakistan milks him for all he is worth and the US will sign the cheque"

But I believe that the timeline will not be that long. He is days or a couple of weeks from release after US pays a hefty bride price to TSP.

Why do I get the feeling that the price will ultimately be paid by India?
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

I voted 3, but I think a combination of 2 and 3 will happen, i.e. it will be after milking but milking will be sooner rather than later.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

paquis see him as $$ earning opportunity - like anything else
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

I chose Option 5. US is no longer the alpha dog in the Ghetto. In few months he will be part of some statistics like Gary Power.
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

Dilbu wrote:I have chosen option 2 as of now. Initially thought of 3 but I don't think see-eye-yeah can afford to let one of their own languish that long in TSP prison for doing his job.
Chose Option 2 for exactly the same reason.
Chinmayanand
BRF Oldie

Post by Chinmayanand »

Raymond Davis will be milked for more than he's worth :mrgreen: and thereafter pakis will give Davis his 72.
This is option number 6. :P
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

He will be tried in court and convicted. Then US will apologize, pay blood money, tell Pakis he will serve out the sentence in the US and take him away.
surinder
BRFite

Post by surinder »

One possible scenario: A dead body is produced---Davis has been lynched inside the jail by patriotic pakis. Davis is whisked out of the back door and reaches khanate safetly. Davis was never his name to begin with. Khanate receives the body, TSP leaders don't H&D neither does the Khan.
abhischekcc
BRF Oldie

Post by abhischekcc »

Here is the latest on Davis affair: US and pakis hold 'secret' meeting in Oamn, mainly discuss Davis.
http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts ... ng_in_oman

"The US had to point out that once beyond a tipping point the situation would be taken over by political forces that could not be controlled," Karamat wrote about the meeting, referring to the reported split between the CIA and the Pakistani Inter-services Intelligence (ISI) that erupted following the Davis shooting.
Last edited by abhischekcc on 01 Mar 2011 15:52, edited 1 time in total.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

surinder wrote:One possible scenario: A dead body is produced---Davis has been lynched inside the jail by patriotic pakis. Davis is whisked out of the back door and reaches khanate safetly. Davis was never his name to begin with. Khanate receives the body, TSP leaders don't H&D neither does the Khan.
Too bollywoodish. How will khan keep the domestic nationalist yahoos quiet without letting them in on the secret?
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

RD escapes from Jail. No one knows what happened to him afterwards and no one in Khanate follows the story for obvious reasons.
In an unrelated incident, a former CIA officer starts a private agency to provide consulting on PAK-AF region to US army soon afterwards.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Headley promises not to sing against Pasha in US court. Pasha is granted "Sovirgin immunity". Raymond Davis is freed.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

^^
Won't be enough to pacify abduls on the streets.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

^^^
They are not abduls. They are Kushpoos who blindly follow what the TV talking heads and the mullahs feed them.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Abdul on the street is - well Abdul on the street only. What has this elusive Abdul achieved till now ? AZ anyways in not coming back as El-presidente nor is Groper. So what goes of their uncle if RD is released openly or secretly.
In fact if uncle is happy, who knows, Groper and 10 feesadi might come back... Abduls and Army can do zilch if uncle so ordains.
Airavat
BRF Oldie

Post by Airavat »

US could pay blood money for RD release

This approach would require a prominent Islamic intermediary - perhaps from Saudi Arabia or the United Arab Emirates - who would invite relatives of the two men Davis killed to the Gulf. Payment to the victims' families could then be negotiated quietly. Once the next of kin had agreed to this settlement, the legal case against Davis for murder might be moot in a Pakistani court. A senior Pakistani official in Washington outlined this "blood money" concept in a conversation Monday.

The senior ISI official stressed the Pakistani desire to be regarded as partners, rather than subordinates. "We need to be treated with trust, equality and respect as the allies that we are, and not satellites," he wrote. "We have asked that [the CIA] work with us and not behind us, and yes, we have asked that we be informed of who else is there [for the CIA] and doing what."

The paperwork for Davis's visa and work assignment is fuzzy, at best. He was carrying three different ID cards when he was arrested. He wasn't included on a Jan. 25 U.S. list of people needing to be registered with the Foreign Office; his name is said to have been added within a day or two after his arrest. It's still not clear just what he was doing in Lahore, or whether he may have worked as a Defense Department contractor before shifting to the CIA.
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

Anujan wrote:Headley promises not to sing against Pasha in US court. Pasha is granted "Sovirgin immunity". Raymond Davis is freed.
After RD is released, Headley breaks the promise and starts singing again?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

I think TSP will find a DCH connection to RD. And PC will send a dossier.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

ramana wrote:I think TSP will find a DCH connection to RD. And PC will send a dossier.
Read the NS blog. It is already underway thought not connected yet.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

..well?
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Why are Pakis so predictable I pooch ?
Chinmayanand
BRF Oldie

Post by Chinmayanand »

B*han*c**d , pakis have let me down ... :(( :(( :((
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

CBS radio reported RD freed after money paid to the families. US insiitst RD has diplomatic immunity.

Secular US with Constituional separation of church and state obeys Shariat in TSP and pays blood money!!!

Eat that fake seculars/MUTUs.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

You are wrong Ramanaji. Secular forces always respect "other" religions. Yindooism is not a religion :P :P :P
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

Chinmayanand wrote:B*han*c**d , pakis have let me down ... :(( :(( :((
Same sentiment here.. I thought at least 2-3 months more and then unconditional release...

BTW, 2nd * is interesting.. Its funny how pavitra-words are spelled differently by different people in different parts of India.. this is OT onlee, my curiosity in linguistics onlee.. I like to maintain the catalogue of such good words in my brain in as many languages and dialects as I can..
Raghavendra
BRFite

Post by Raghavendra »

I cant vote :((

Plane carrying raymond davis will crash soon, I have sent 2 jinns to place mango crates in it :mrgreen:
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Dilbu wrote:I have chosen option 2 as of now. Initially thought of 3 but I don't think see-eye-yeah can afford to let one of their own languish that long in TSP prison for doing his job.
Yes.... do I get a kushboo for this? :D