Serial Blasts in Mumbai

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
ajinkya
BRFite -Trainee

Re: Serial Blasts in Mumbai

Post by ajinkya »

Just spoken to a friend of mine who was minutes away from the zaveri bazaar site...He says the Mumbai police responded pretty quickly.He helped in initial evacuation of the injured ,and though he admitted to have become a bit dazed by the events ,said all the injured had severe burns and none of the people he evacuated had splinter wounds. Now this chap is or rather was a full on WKK type , now he is swearing for revenge .Sad he needed to see bloodshed to realise who the enemy is and what he is capable of :(
sunnyP
BRFite

Post by sunnyP »

Kersi D wrote:
RoyG wrote:So will we finally hit back? :roll:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

No need for such smilies on this thread bhai.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

RD garu,

Glad to know your folks are safe.

Also got to ask why ISI targets Mumbai so much only. Must hv to do with the Dawood infra still in place (and stronger than before, perhaps?) with additional political patronage as well.

Bangalore etc are also tempting targets where hitting at our economic jewels is concerned. But still, Mumbai somehow seems to get singled out for special attention only.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

sunnyP wrote:
Kersi D wrote: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

No need for such smilies on this thread bhai.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Now this chap is or rather was a full on WKK type , now he is swearing for revenge .Sad he needed to see bloodshed to realise who the enemy is and what he is capable of
Aah, the zeal of the neo-convert, perhaps. Pak doesn;t know what its provoking once the WKK-itis in India's population dies in radiation therapy caused by repeated terror attacks.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

cold start is in cold storage so we dont have many options
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

mader$$ds struck again. escaped...reached home. my heart goes with the deads...RIP...praying for recovery of the injured.

Not afraid....not panic....angry..very angry...but not afraid you paki motherfkers
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

For many years Pakistan based terror organizations have promised at least one terrorist attack a year so that their presence in India is not forgotten. That is why I asked why there had been no atack fora while. Except for a gap after 26/11 we have had at least one attack a year. 2008 started like this - but the number of attacks went up in ferocity and frequency and ended with 26/11.

Of course we on BRF have blamed Indian Muslims in the past as we are now blaming that foreign catholic lady. It's always someone else isn't it? The fact is that the terror apparatus from Pakistan is able to reach into India at least once a year. Clearly it is not difficult to find dissatisfied people in India ready for indoctrination and logistics. Mumbai seems to be the favored target because the police and politicians and mafia are all in it together.

I have said several times in the past that we can never thank or appreciate the security apparatus enough for attacks that are prevented. If no attack occurs whom do you thank? But when an attack occurs we are constrained to find someone to blame.

In my view the Kashmir issue will not go away. But Pakistan can be rendered less effective without US aid. We (India) have our balls in a bind. We can only express anger. We cannot actually do anything simply because Pakistan (with its ally the US) has put us in a situation where starting a war benefits the Pakistani army and its non uniformed jihadi allies. We can only gnash our teeth in frustration. The Paki army will claim that "non state actors" cannot be controlled in the absence of funds from the US. So far the US has always paid them. Let's see what happens now.
Klaus
BRF Oldie

Post by Klaus »

Sanku wrote: When there are no options left taking even the right to lament is horrible, to say the least.
Trust your instincts when they tell you that even this 'right' is for grabs and will be taken as 'you' reach the brink.

ShyamD ji, gdf is fine.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

suryag wrote:cold start is in cold storage so we dont have many options
Come on folks, people still dont realize? Its not a institutional issue. The issue is that the people who run things at center are perfectly ok with it.

They would spend time torturing a Col of Indian army decorated for bravery to make a political point than do anything about the safety and security of the country.

There are two kinds of Indians. It is a fact.
Kersi D
BRFite

Post by Kersi D »

Dmurphy wrote:Kersi sir, respect you. May be what you just said is true, but how many of 'them' do you think are bothered about what you think of them and what you're saying right now on BRF? I believe most of us here want to share news and perhaps see what we can deduce from what we know so far. How anti-GOI rants help during such times, i fail to understand. May be I'm naive as some you said. But I just don't see the sense.
YES I AGREE WITH YOUR VIEWS.

But all of us, the common man, are getting increasingly frustrated at nothing happening to have an end to this misery. Ranting does not help except to get a bit of steam off !!

K
jaibhim
BRFite -Trainee

Post by jaibhim »

Heart wreathes in pain after hearing yet another sickening blast in Dadar and other areas. What audacity to strike the same spot? Stop we are peace activists, sauth asia equal equal, sauth asia is an epicenter of persecution, dhritarashtra wants peace at any cost because we share common cultures some being more vultural than others and for joint development of sauthekai asia we need piss process to go on and in mandyan language after a nice post wimbledon outing not indira bhavan but star hotel at public cost, to bridge the differences the core issues that divide us cashemere when the blood of 26/11 is still fresh and you see to allow more terrorists inside by liberalizing visa for activists, painters, scholars and concerned citizens, kafila,sahmat,wkk etal. Oh king drhitrarashtra rest in peace, comfortably numb. Could there be connection with the spurt in underworld activity in recent times? What prevents GOI from going after the one at the epicenter of the matrix?
May as we mourn the dead, pray for those who have left this world hope something happens and at least the culprits are identified.
Jai Hind
Last edited by jaibhim on 13 Jul 2011 21:31, edited 1 time in total.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

shiv wrote: Let's see what happens now.
Nothing!! People will still vote for Priya Dutt and her types and they will consider her modern and those mindset and approach to life will continue to shape India.

We are dying as a country, in slow motion, and as a culture.

What will happen? Nothing.
saurav.jha
BRFite -Trainee

Post by saurav.jha »

When people calling "Osama Jee" are ruling the country, what else can we expect..?
derkonig
BRFite
Location: Jeering sekular forces bhile Furiously malishing my mijjile @ Led Lips Mijjile Malish Palish Parloul

Post by derkonig »

Perhaps we need to the look at the 25 crores of pissful minorities living in India, there are enough Paki wannabes and traitors in our own house, not every terror attacke has to be orchestrated by Pak. Traitors have a critical mass right here in India now.
The need of the hour is the cleansing of this land of evil idealogies. Pak and rest of the world can wait.
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

We cannot ignore the traitors of the D-gang in Mumbai.They are an ISI 'asset' which makes mumbai particularly vulnerable.At the very least,we need to teach these pigs a lesson.The local involvement in 26/11 was blacked out.We need to skin the local pigs alive.
ASPuar
BRFite

Post by ASPuar »

But... Chidambaramji had ruined the terrorists once and for all, by sending them a stern dossier! How could this have happened?!?

Prayers for the dead and injured. When will we finally have enough of this mayhem?
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Death toll at 17 20
Last edited by saip on 13 Jul 2011 21:35, edited 1 time in total.
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

shiv wrote:..
I have said several times in the past that we can never thank or appreciate the security apparatus enough for attacks that are prevented. If no attack occurs whom do you thank? But when an attack occurs we are constrained to find someone to blame.
While it might impossible to prevent each and every incident, but what gets my goat is that the perpetrators are never punished.
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

There is solution to this problem but it needs good leaders. Unfortunately India dont' have one. We wasted a large portion of our time in allowing Pakistan to exist in our neighbourhood. If we had acted, Iran must be our neighbhor as in the past and all the Pakis must have died long back or moved to Saudi Arabia. Once Pakistan eliminated (using all the methods from economics to military to diplomacy), Dharma will reign supreme. We can grab our lost lands from what is today Bakistan. We can create economic issues for Pakistan and make them suffer more. We can destroy their diplomatic relations with all the countries in the world by threatening to either choose India or Pakistan and I don't think any sane nation will choose Pakistan. All these can be implemented and finally we can ensure that there exists no Pakistan in our neighbourhood. But do we have such capable leaders? :roll:
Last edited by uddu on 13 Jul 2011 21:39, edited 1 time in total.
manum
BRFite

Post by manum »

shiv wrote:For many years Pakistan based terror organizations have promised at least one terrorist attack a year so that their presence in India is not forgotten. That is why I asked why there had been no atack fora while. Except for a gap after 26/11 we have had at least one attack a year. 2008 started like this - but the number of attacks went up in ferocity and frequency and ended with 26/11.

Of course we on BRF have blamed Indian Muslims in the past as we are now blaming that foreign catholic lady. It's always someone else isn't it? The fact is that the terror apparatus from Pakistan is able to reach into India at least once a year. Clearly it is not difficult to find dissatisfied people in India ready for indoctrination and logistics. Mumbai seems to be the favored target because the police and politicians and mafia are all in it together.

In my view the Kashmir issue will not go away. But Pakistan can be rendered less effective without US aid. We (India) have our balls in a bind. We can only express anger. We cannot actually do anything simply because Pakistan (with its ally the US) has put us in a situation where starting a war benefits the Pakistani army and its non uniformed jihadi allies. We can only gnash our teeth in frustration. The Paki army will claim that "non state actors" cannot be controlled in the absence of funds from the US. So far the US has always paid them. Let's see what happens now.
wait a sec...didnt chidambaram say that next attack, and we might not be able to justify inaction to Indian People...
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

MHA says 20 D and 113 W

D=Dead
W=Wounded
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

The blasts coincided with the birthday of Ajmal Kasab, the lone Pakistani gunman in the 2008 Mumbai attack, sentenced to death.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

CCTV worked near Bus Stand Jhaveri Bazar, captured imp footage.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

manum wrote:wait a sec...didnt chidambaram say that next attack, and we might not be able to justify inaction to Indian People...
"might" not "will"
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Sanku wrote:
shiv wrote: Let's see what happens now.

Experience tells me that there is no use writing a reply to what you say. I will regret writing this. However something can happen - the US may restart funding of the Pakistan army. That is what I am looking for specifically.
Madhusudhan
BRFite

Post by Madhusudhan »

wait a sec...didnt chidambaram say that next attack, and we might not be able to justify inaction to Indian People...
And the Pukes are calling the bluff - Not a very difficult bluff to call.......
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

chaanakya wrote:CCTV worked near Bus Stand Jhaveri Bazar, captured imp footage.
Let us hope it captured the people who planted the bomb.
Dmurphy
BRFite

Post by Dmurphy »

Sushupti wrote:The blasts coincided with the birthday of Ajmal Kasab, the lone Pakistani gunman in the 2008 Mumbai attack, sentenced to death.
Kasab's birthday is 13th September and not today.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

This is the work of ISI and Dawood. Blasts of this nature are Dawood's specialty and has his signature calling written all over it. This is to ensure that India is aware that Dawood is alive and kicking. Remember Lt Gen Pasha said (when our chiefs stated that they have the capability to do a Geronimo-type operation in Pakistan) that India better watch out because they have targets already mapped out and ready to strike.

This is just the sampler/appetizer....to warn India of what will happen if we do something to their H&D. What is surprising to me is why they took this long (from early May [Osama's death] to mid July) to strike.

Our politicians will capitulate onlee and run with their dhotis in-between their legs.
sanjeevpunj
BRFite

Post by sanjeevpunj »

These are tactics to buy time, so that the heat is diverted from the sharp focus on underground elements, which has been going on lately post Dey's murder.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

I am sure many people have read the book "Maximum City" where the author describes the uneasy relationship between mafia, D-gang, Shiv Sena, the police and others. It is a frightening nexus that cannot be removed easily. It is part of the system. MMS, BJP, Catholic ladies, Humpty Dumpty - nobody can clean it up.

Under slightly different circumstances - Mumbai could be a Karachi but India retains a lot more control in Mumbai thanks to Indians and a system that works better than in Pakistan though not as well as the USA.
Last edited by shiv on 13 Jul 2011 21:47, edited 1 time in total.
ajinkya
BRFite -Trainee

Post by ajinkya »

It seems things are just not going to improve unless someone('aam admi') does a naseeruddin shah('A Wednesday') to get rid of our "beloved guests"(HAPPY BIRTHDAY KASAB). "Atithi devo bhava"!!!!! (I know this is wishful thinking but How many more times do we have endure this??)
How many more times will the life's of faceless Indian's be reduced to just a number 10 dead ....12 dead...20+ dead :(
shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

Star News - 21 people killed, 113 injured in #Mumbai blasts
Virupaksha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Virupaksha »

I am past hatred towards the Indian Govt/congress reactions.
I am past sickness towards their reactions.

What am I turning into??
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

shiv wrote:
Sanku wrote:
Experience tells me that there is no use writing a reply to what you say. I will regret writing this. However something can happen - the US may restart funding of the Pakistan army. That is what I am looking for specifically.
:lol:

I though we already knew that US and Pakistan suspend aid, like a chain smoker quits smoking.
Sri
BRFite

Post by Sri »

We are all Mumbaikars today. May God provide Mumbaikars the strength to deal with this.
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

shiv wrote:We (India) have our balls in a bind. We can only express anger. We cannot actually do anything simply because Pakistan (with its ally the US) has put us in a situation where starting a war benefits the Pakistani army and its non uniformed jihadi allies. We can only gnash our teeth in frustration. The Paki army will claim that "non state actors" cannot be controlled in the absence of funds from the US. So far the US has always paid them.
Why isn't the Non State Actor BS a game that two can play?

We can also have our Non State Actors do a bit of damage every now and then to RAPE infrastructure inside TSP, or terror tanzeem offices, or national landmarks. Then when TSP does an == blame game about Indian Pak-specific terror outfits, Chidambaram can open his dossiers to investigate our bad boys.
rajanb
BRFite

Post by rajanb »

shiv wrote:For many years Pakistan based terror organizations have promised at least one terrorist attack a year so that their presence in India is not forgotten. That is why I asked why there had been no atack fora while. Except for a gap after 26/11 we have had at least one attack a year. 2008 started like this - but the number of attacks went up in ferocity and frequency and ended with 26/11.

Glad to hear a sane cold view Shiv.

I have to zip my lips. Suffice to say that I have a sense of satisfaction that we do a lot of heart warming things which we don't advertise.

As far as D is concerned. a lot of politicians, cutting across party lines, would not want him singing like a canary. Let us stop being naive, fellow BRFites.
Bhaskar
BRFite

Post by Bhaskar »

INVADE POK... Call me crazy, but its time!