Serial Blasts in Mumbai

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
saip
BRF Oldie

Re: Serial Blasts in Mumbai

Post by saip »

What is surprising is the lack of CCTV cameras at these places. These cameras don't cost much may be $1000 a pop, if that. Then encourage private shop owners to install their own cameras. Then perhaps next time, god forbid, something like this happens we will atleast can gather some evidence on the perps. The whole thing may cost $25 mil and that is I say is less the 1/10 the one percent of what some of our leaders have in their swiss accounts.

About the Satellites reading license plates, forget about it. There is no such thing. As someone said when the US passes a law requiring the license plates on the roofs of cars, then we know we have arrived. Police cars have their numbers on their roof so that they can be seen from the police helicopters.
Last edited by saip on 14 Jul 2011 19:26, edited 1 time in total.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

sanjeevpunj wrote:Gandhi said Americans had been facing attacks in other places like Afghanistan...
?

Are the mobile phones going to fix this too?

Some one has found tech to solve how to the problem of Indians voting for the worst possible choice available?
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

An example of the biggest shitty journalist, the WKKs can produce

Published on Juy 14, 2011
Image By Soutik Biswas
Why does Mumbai bleed again and again?: BBC News
The most commonly peddled narrative is that by attacking its much touted financial and entertainment capital, you deal a body blow to India and get global media attention. But that is only a small part of the story. Many residents will tell you that Mumbai began going downhill in early 1993 when it convulsed in religious rioting and murder for two weeks following the demolition of the Babri mosque by Hindu fanatics in December 1992. At least 900 people died, mostly Muslims. Two months after the riots, the underworld set off series of bombs to avenge the riots, killing more than 250 people. Many of them were Muslims too.

That is when the rule of law broke down, many say irretrievably. A 1998 two-volume report on the religious riots was ignored by successive governments, who failed to prosecute politicians and policemen involved in the rioting.
Every effort is being made to show that Mumbai is no different than Karachi. The terrorists plant the bombs to show the parallels. This fracking journalist puts in words, what their message was. Basically BBC has become the mouthpiece of Pakistani terrorists, and they use people with Hindu sounding names to deliver the message.
sunnyP
BRFite

Post by sunnyP »

Despite blasts, some politicians attend fashion show
New Delhi: On any other day this would have been viewed as just another party in the Capital where politicos rub shoulders with celebs and wannabes. But yesterday was different. While the financial capital was trying to come to terms with yet another terrorist attack, several politicians and celebrities were having a gala time at a Delhi party with models wearing sequinned dresses and gowns.

MiD Day was at the event at hotel Grand, organised by Ashok Kumar Pradhan, former Union minister and senior BJP leader. The occasion was his daughter, a fashion designer, presenting her debut collection of classic romance.

Read more at: http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/despi ... -119247&cp
rajanb
BRFite

Post by rajanb »

I think it is time the GOI were brutal with the truth. Even behind closed doors.

Methinks we have been soft on the Pakis because of the US as Shiv pointed out in one of his posts.

Time to tell Ms. Hillary Clinton that the US PAK love affair over generations of US governments has done nothing but hurt India. That the US proclamations of "India is a strategic partner" has a certain grating, irritating, meaningless sound to it. And that, we India, want the US to live upto that statement with action. The same way that US is asking the Pakistanis to deliver. We expect the US to deliver.

If not, we will take suitable action, whatever we deem fit, regardless of the negative consequences to US goals and interesst in the region.

After all:

The US cannot sit on money which was never meant for us and not pay us.

The US needs India to help create jobs in the US.

The US needs us, in the long run, to checkmate China.

The UNSC seat is our bloody birthright and not something for the US to give us.

And like we have muddled on without you, we can nuke on without you.

I have always a proponent of helping Pakistan in not only winning, but breaking all the Olympic records. for downhill skiing.

Implode, collapse, evaporate, disintegrate. Choose a word.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

^^ this guy Soutik Biswas is 'more loyal to Queen than gora' types , his articles will send any one's BP through roof, he is dhoti roy version of BBC. being based in London he should write an article on riots in Belfast
sanjeevpunj
BRFite

Post by sanjeevpunj »

Every effort is being made to show that Mumbai is no different than Karachi. The terrorists plant the bombs to show the parallels. This fracking journalist puts in words, what their message was. Basically BBC has become the mouthpiece of Pakistani terrorists, and they use people with Hindu sounding names to deliver the message.
Indeed that is their gameplan.Zardari has most of his investments safely in UK.Strangely UK doesn't respond the way USA does,and that keeps them happy, but when it comes to USA, the Pakis are always running back to Pentagon for approval for anything they do (Pasha is there right now).Such is the white cat white rat and brown mouse game, Paki=brown mouse,UK=white rat and US=White cat.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/channels ... bomber-719
The government today did not rule out the possibility of the involvement of a suicide bomber in the Mumbai serial blasts and said a few Indian Mujahideen militants arrested some time ago were being interrogated.

Government also said 'as of now' it has no ground to link yesterday’s terror with any elements across the border.

"The NSG DG has informed that a body with circuit has been found from one of the sites. The body was found near the explosion site. We are not ruling out anything," Union Home Secretary R.K. Singh told reporters here.

Singh was replying to a question about the possibility of the involvement of a suicide bomber in yesterday's blasts as the body was found with a circuit near one of the blast sites.

"The investigation is still on," he said.

Hours later, Secretary (Internal Security) in the Home Ministry U.K. Bansal said there could be several reasons of finding circuit in the body of one of the victims.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

The body with circuit. So it must be one of the unidentified considering the identified bodies are all from the majority community. Don't they do the infamous lungi check on the body? Not that you need to on the in ME's table.
debadutta
BRFite -Trainee

Post by debadutta »

krishnan wrote:Digvijay singh is a Asshole with a caps A
Says India's is better (fewer strikes) than Pakistan in terms of terror attacks and even USA went through 9/11.

And that makes it OK?
Why blame Doggy Singh . As his name suggestes he is acting as His Master's Voice. We should blame the electorate who elected this stupid arrogant AH /Ba$$%d and others like him.

We have a short memory and politicians know this. They know that people will forget this after few days and it will be business as usual. Thats why some one like R R Patil or Vilash Rao Deshmukh can behave the way that they did after 2008 blasts and still come back after a few months as Home Minister and Cabinet Minster.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

declaring that this is a cross-border terrorism means it is work for GoI to prove their claim. Why all the work? Declare it as some internal plan, then everyone will forget.

Who has time for introspection, whether it is at personal level or national level? let us focus on economic progress, the panacea of all ills.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

sunnyP wrote:Despite blasts, some politicians attend fashion show
New Delhi: On any other day this would have been viewed as just another party in the Capital where politicos rub shoulders with celebs and wannabes. But yesterday was different. While the financial capital was trying to come to terms with yet another terrorist attack, several politicians and celebrities were having a gala time at a Delhi party with models wearing sequinned dresses and gowns.

MiD Day was at the event at hotel Grand, organised by Ashok Kumar Pradhan, former Union minister and senior BJP leader. The occasion was his daughter, a fashion designer, presenting her debut collection of classic romance.

Read more at: http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/despi ... -119247&cp
As usual, the same news channel forget to mention Yuvraj partied right after 26/11 and what about Congress leaders who attented the very same Fashion show, What about other Fashon shows, Movie's, Cultural shows etc in India and more impotantly ABROAD in other 5 star 7 star hotels, I am sure we would have found many people of all political colours attending these but conviently left out by the said news what about the Media and PM who praise the very people who carried out the blasts? This channel is worse than Rupert Murdoch's News corp when it comes to ethics.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

deleted thanks Harbans ji

added later. Delete your posts as well , they are sensitive. ramana garu is unhappy .
Last edited by chaanakya on 14 Jul 2011 21:09, edited 2 times in total.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

I heard Aishwarya Rai asked the French govt to postpone her award ceremony because of the blasts and this is the second time she did it. Atleast she had some sense.
jaibhim
BRFite -Trainee

Post by jaibhim »

Amul Baby also known as Duryodhana and Shakuni mama's statement takes the cake today. When people are still grieving this statement or sound-byte by the learned tennis fan, :(( is the height of insensitivity stating that the piss talks on :roll: along with the visit of other RAPES led by the young foreign minister; for more GOI special rich tea biscuits and chai ! Gandhari and King Dhritarahtra coming I hear, for the media show? Members can well choose their shikhandi and complete their characters. Shakuni Mama is losing his onions and cannot hold back from shooting from all sides; even when tragedy strikes. It would be apposite to say that his disciple is following him well! Pliant media cries spirit no shit of Mumbai goes on because there is no choice other than trying to survive and subsist and factor this as a contingency that happens every now and then. What is the film producer whose son was linked to 26/11 giving syrupy interviews doing in the telly?
Last edited by jaibhim on 14 Jul 2011 19:57, edited 8 times in total.
sanjeevpunj
BRFite

Post by sanjeevpunj »

I think the Lord has given plenty of time for these losers to rule,and it is running out like sand in an hourglass.They only want to ensure Indo-Paki talks do not derail, not stop terrorism, chahe bhartiyon ka khhoon bahe. Shame on the government for the lack of intelligence or whatever the claim it is due to.Each and every life is precious, how can they say that "all terrorist attacks cannot be stopped" They simply do not have the will to do it, period.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Deleted
Last edited by harbans on 15 Jul 2011 02:00, edited 1 time in total.
gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

@ harbans if you are looking for finance than I may be able to help.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Deleted
Last edited by harbans on 15 Jul 2011 02:03, edited 1 time in total.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Deleted
Thanks, Harbansji, please delete you mail id.
Last edited by chaanakya on 14 Jul 2011 20:26, edited 2 times in total.
sanjeevpunj
BRFite

Post by sanjeevpunj »

harbans wrote: Sanjeev Ji, ambulances, Police, fire trucks and other emergency vehicles will have an over ride function. Edited the earlier post to include that.
Harbans Ji, I replied to this in the OT thread, please do read at leisure.
Regards
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Deleted Mail ID

Thanks Sanjeev Ji.
Last edited by harbans on 14 Jul 2011 21:00, edited 1 time in total.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Just lets put on our hard-nosed strategic thinking for a minute. I don't fully understand just yet as to what TSP gained from this attack? As many others have speculated, TSP was hoping for more extensive damage so India would have had to respond in some form, even verbally, and that would have been enough for TSP to divert attention from what it is that US is demanding.

If US govt had even an iota of decency, they will call into question, TSP's diabolical machination against India while professing to "take on terrorists". Everybody involved in this charade are bloody haramis: TSP, its local foot soldiers, Indian govt, US govt, DDM etc. Only the poor Indian public are the innocent victims, both physically through the act of terror, and through brainwashing by not being told the real story of who the perpetrators are: TSP and its western benefactors. And DDM of course for batting in favor of TSP and pliant Indian govt.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

CRamS wrote:I don't fully understand just yet as to what TSP gained from this attack?
I can't say I understand either, but terrorist groups (whom we always assume have the full backing of the Pakistan military) have regularly threatened to keep attacking India relentlessly (with at least one major attack per year) and never allow their issues to be forgotten. The big problem about speculating that an attack such as this represents "loss of control" of a group by the Paki army is that this assumption only aids the Paki army in deniability - i.e "non state actors".

So in my view it is necessary to apply Occam's razor and not ask what advantage Pakistan gains but to just assume that any attack large or small fits in with the Pakistan army's "war of a thousand cuts" and the Paki army's Islamic war doctrine of terrorism as an end in itself.

Any solution must aim to hit the Pakistan army where it hurts - that is the personal mansions and estates of the Pakistan army generals. Every day that India spends doing nothing to the Pakistan army and imagining that there is a "change of heart" is an additional boost to the ba$tards as they see it as weakness that Allah has conveniently gifted kafirs with.

Either our government is very stupid, or so clever that I won't find out how in my lifetime.
Last edited by shiv on 14 Jul 2011 20:31, edited 1 time in total.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

ManishH wrote:News reports saying It was not a remote-controlled blast. So timers it is. Curious about the timer design now. Shades of German Bakery bombing in Pune here.
Anyone recall that David Headley interrogation during the Rana trial provided more sites that were surveyed by him?

Are these places on the same expanded list?

IOW is it a continuation of 26/11 attack?
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

i am sure headley wasnt the only one doing recon
i am sure it goes on continuously at different levels
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Says India's is better (fewer strikes) than Pakistan in terms of terror attacks and even USA went through 9/11.

And that makes it OK?
As I wrote earlier, efforts are on by the GOI and INC to make the people with "let us get used to" terror and cosider that these deaths are also like stampede at a temple or buss falling down a ravine. Just ignore and move on is the message.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

SSridhar wrote: If GoI had not seen such links 'as of now', then there was no need to say that as well.
After the IAS/IFS churn, we don't know who are the hawks in the system at this time like that of G.K.Pillai to play a bad cop stuff. The doves quickly released this news even while US is releasing the news of possible LeT involvement.

What I see is MMS and his closeted folks are desperate to see that talks with Pak continue and not stopped like that happened after earlier attacks. Hence the quickness in releasing data such as above.

I still want to beleive that intel folks know this is comining and they allowed to happen to take panga on the doves in the system.
ManuT
BRFite

Post by ManuT »

Lalmohan wrote:i am sure headley wasnt the only one doing recon
i am sure it goes on continuously at different levels
Of course, what would be the dis-incentive for them to stop? DCH was the one that got caught, that's all.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

gakakkad wrote:what does chidu mean by every terror group ?
He is Harvard trained l(i)awyer. So he is taking the Iraq option. Just as US attacked Iraq after 9/11 he will attack saffron groups to consolidate INC bank.

Its a shame that after 26/11 attack and formation of NIA he still hasnt done anything concrete to shore up the Intel framework in the country. The Nat Grid is still a mirage.
Off course there is no intel failure because that means its his MHA that failed.

Lalmohan, It doesnt matter there are others. Lets answer the question were these palces on Headlye's new exapanded list?

Why do people throw red herrings about other factors?

This gives excuse not to pursue the trail.

I have come to conclusion that Indian intel orgs are really info gathering agencies only. The assessment has to be done by the MHA and Raksha Mantralaya and PMO. If there is a failure its only these three groups and not the agencies.
The NSA is the one who tasks the agencies to look for info. They wont and can't do anything on their own. If they show a modicum of brain they will be castigated and remarks written in their ACRs ruining their peshi for ever.
Krishnn
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Krishnn »

My 2 cents ...

While many of us crib about the political parties and politicians, I think our inaction (or cowardice ,whatever u may call it) is probably explained by the fundamental nature of this country. Many of us are here undoubtedly frm the 1990 or frm the present decade in which we take many things for granted ,failing to realize that nearly 90% of the country is in a different era/thinking altogether. The same proportion still believes in godmen/women ,is divided along casteist lines.Today almost the entire society is plaqued by widespread cynism and a deep rooted corruption which is also gaining increasing acceptance.The idealistic idea of India(in the middle class) which prevailed uptill 1990's eroded once the so called economic development started.So even the middle class( which sets the course for any nation), increasingly looks upon economic growth as more important than the country itself . So we hear some of the arguments like why india should withdraw frm kashmir/siachen as it economically unviable, dont attack terror camps ,even if ppl there train and launch strikes on our financial capital with impunity and want to totally destroy India , becoze wait a minute our economic growth will be hampered , our comfortable lives will be disturbed, no problem if a few of our innocent citizens(including women/children) have their heads blown off in broad day light by ppl funded and controlled by neighbhouring countries. So what exactly is this idea of India we are talking about ?? where is the idea of collective security so core to the existence of any nation?? Where r the so called "shared values" (even among major part of the population) ?? Where is the self respect which is a hallmark of a great nation ?? . Some of us might say tht such things will eventually disappear with greater development/good leaders , but will it ??

Ppl consistently vote for a party which refuses to hang terrorist (even after the court has ordered thus),follows divide& rule policy, the PM/cabinet is remote controlled by a woman & her son( and their acolytes) even if they dont deserve to be leaders.I am sure majority of ppl still vote for these ppl thinkin that they r descendants of Gandhi.

Which brings me to the point that ,is this a "nation" in the truest sense ?? or a mere collection of states/ppl for economic benefits? if the answer for latter is yes, then better to have independent states which would be more homogenous . I would much prefer staying in a Gujarat with its efficient/dynamic & educated like minded ppl with a strong leader than in a weak,big country which grovels before another almost 1/3rd its size(something like Israel). Remember it only took 300 spartans to defeat the entire barbarian army.

One another note, my condolences to those bereaved and special thanks to the person(sry , forgot the name) who posted a very appropriate poetic piece by "rashtra kavi" Sh. Ramdhari Singh Dinkar .
brihaspati
BRF Oldie

Post by brihaspati »

I think it is primarily a morale booster. I have written elsewhere that the timing of attacks on Mumbai with respect to the Islamic calendar, and the early iconic battles of Islam have some close parallels. These attacks fall close in Islamic dates to significant propaganda stories in Islamic lore. The 26/11 fell close to the infamous attack [in calendar terms] on the Banu Qurayzah, and this time around for another infamous attack on Banu Mustaliq. In both cases, the community was that of "prosperous Jews", who were relatively friendly and tolerant of Muslims. In each case they were "suspected" of hobnobbing with Muhammad's "Meccan" enemies - in fact people who had ambivalent attitudes of tolerance to Muhammad's early preaching, and prevented any drastic action on his movement or protected him to a certain extent. More than suspicion, these two were simply "accused" by Muhammad of "betrayal" and deceptively raided when the raids were least expected. Both cases were done immediately after a major retreat [battle of Uhud - where Muhammad escaped by "falling" into a ditch, and some of his key men were lost], when there was internal dissension and criticism - and he needed a morale booster.

These attacks should be seen as attempts at trying to restore the confidence of the faithful that ultimately Islam is going to win, and these retreats that they have faced in ME and AFPak are temporary in nature - like the battle of Uhud. For the non-Muslim not acquainted with the significance of these iconic battles to the Muslim man having basic absorption of islamic lore - will not be transparent at all. This signal is not for the GOI or the non-Muslims of India. The signal is for the Muslim.

I would suggest that the Pakis and the larger Ummah behind them [with their other allies - "tribes" in Muhammad's time who sided with the muslims] think that they can sit out this particular "Uhud" and then they will first lop off the "soft underbelly" of possible support, like India, for the "Qureysh" kin in current "polytheist Mecca" - USA. Once these belts are under their finger - with the resources - the "camels/women/gold/land" -transport/biological resource to generate soldiers/accumulated wealth/territory of "conquered" kaffir lands, then they can target their arch-enemy.

It could be ironic that they are possibly trying to indicate their common vicious origins and early collaboration with USA - through these allegories.
brihaspati
BRF Oldie

Post by brihaspati »

D-company/foreign penetration/ISI/LeT - intelligence failing without official failure - nothing of this sort can happen without some degree of penetration of rashtryia networks by hostile elements. This can be the police, the intel services, surveillance groups, analysts, and politicians and political networks, as well as business networks. If we can do nothing outside until we have a thousand trillion dollar economee, at least we can look at plugging these holes inside - can't we?
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

^^^ the diamond trade world wide is controlled by hindu banias and yehudis also...
ManuT
BRFite

Post by ManuT »

chetak ji

Might be the only time didn't like something you said.

Did not appreciate a smiley next to the list of victims.
Not that is matters, but the list is incomplete.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

harbans wrote:Edited....

I am shocked at you both. First Sravan is touting his company in the thread about Mumbai terror attacks.

Next you offer him your patents.

Do you both have any shame?

Sravan, by his post count seems to be newbie. And you sir have a long history. Is this appropriate to dicsuss business opportunities in this thread or on Bharat Rakshak? And others are feeding your egos!

I give you both 24 hours to delete all your own posts or get banned.

And for those who want to talk about satellites there are other threads so don't troll here.

Next post after this on satellites gets warning.
Last edited by ramana on 15 Jul 2011 02:39, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: ramana
ManuT
BRFite

Post by ManuT »

Muppalla wrote:
As I wrote earlier, efforts are on by the GOI and INC to make the people with "let us get used to" terror and cosider that these deaths are also like stampede at a temple or buss falling down a ravine. Just ignore and move on is the message.
to make periodic offerings of 1 human at a time to bakasur so that the village can live in peace.
Works upto a point.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

What Pakistan might want to achieve:

1. Damage to India - deaths and destruction - just on general principles, since India is enemy number 1.

2. Threats from India as a unifying force (e.g., TTP will stop shooting Pak. army the instant they can unite against India.)

But to have threats from India, given the MMS govt., the trail of breadcrumbs from the bombings that lead to Pakistan has to be more explicit than it is for the latest blasts.

3. Establish that India has a huge home-grown terrorist problem, and that it arises because India is inherently unjust with its own people, not just with Pakistan. And therefore, gimmeCashmere.

4. Create/deepen fissures between Muslims and others in India.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

RamaY wrote:declaring that this is a cross-border terrorism means it is work for GoI to prove their claim. Why all the work? Declare it as some internal plan, then everyone will forget.

Who has time for introspection, whether it is at personal level or national level? let us focus on economic progress, the panacea of all ills.
The only agency that can really deal with TSP is the Indian Armed Forces.

The genius of Mrs. Gandhi is she forced the idiot Yahaya Khan to attack India and the rest is history. She didn't do any stupid thing as attacking formally TSP for that would play into US hands.

All these recent terror attacks will lead to Indian retaliation which makes India the agressor. We are not as big as US and US will use that opprtunity to sanction India.

Operation Parakram showed how far US will go to support TSP. By mobilising and not attacking India came to know what the US does.
Recall Fali Major's remarks also.

So the best option is to ignore these attacks and force TSP attack with its regular troops as its only option.

That will remove the US protection for TSP as UN charter allows right of self defence.

Yes talks must resume so that there is coup in TSP or a breakout by the jihadis.

War is conducted by all means.
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

ramana wrote: Operation Parakram showed how far US will go to support TSP. By mobilising and not attacking India came to know what the US does.
Recall Fali Major's remarks also.
Ramana ji , Any links for this saar?